Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I can't get on board with bashing the PCPD at this point

Well for me I don't care about the current PCPD crew beyond Anna and thankfully Mac is no longer involved with that hell hole, lord knows he got his nose rubbed in it countless times himself.

There is Scott as well but...they still haven't unloaded the dead weight that is Franco from his back.

But when it comes to criticizing the PCPD I am not so much looking at them but the writing, the story telling or lack thereof, to me it's the same as going after the same stupidity that exists in the general characters in PC.

The PCPD are only useless and dumb because they're written to be that way so that Ron's evil little pets can have a run of the asylum. He'd rather have all these criminals waltzing about, terrorizing and torturing and "winning the day".

The show is his playground and if Ron has shown me anything so far he hates playing fair.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

I have not seen him yet, but let's be careful if he is blond and decent looking, Ron will recon him into being Hutch and Rose Kelly's love child who hates all the residents of Port Charles and is secretly married to Rosalie while pining after Morgan

• Love 4

Most of the towns people should be in jail for aiding and abetting but that is not feasible so the murders themselves should. Ava for killing Connie and Sonny for AJ.

Not caring Connie but it doesn't change the fact that Ava murdered her in cold blood.

It goes without saying that all the other murders should be in jail too.

I don't mind Jakson, but BM was totally Billy Abbott with Sam and so I just can't get into Jason, it is like Billy Abbott moved to PC. I've seen BM be dark and so I know he is capable of range outside of lovable screwup.

His acting choices doesn't fit with the characterization he's gotten so far. Forget about Jason.

This is a guy who woke up in a strange place, with a face he doesn't recognize. He doesn't remember a single thing about his life prior and every possession he owes is due to a stranger's goodwill. He should not be that bouncy based on that alone.

When you include brainwashing, his behavior becomes more puzzling. He should be held tighter together, be more circumspect. That doesn't mean he should never crack a smile, but acting like the star quarterback is disingenuous. 

Maybe Helena adds another command we are not privy to. "Mr Morgan, you are free of all worries, go and be merry"

• Love 2

When you include brainwashing, his behavior becomes more puzzling. He should be held tighter together, be more circumspect. That doesn't mean he should never crack a smile, but acting like the star quarterback is disingenuous.

Maybe Helena adds another command we are not privy to. "Mr Morgan, you are free of all worries, go and be merry"

or She may have said "Be more like Jason Quatermain then Jason Morgan."  Not that Jason was always light and fun, but he was a hell of a lot more cheerful then the Borg

• Love 1

This is a guy who woke up in a strange place, with a face he doesn't recognize. He doesn't remember a single thing about his life prior and every possession he owes is due to a stranger's goodwill. He should not be that bouncy based on that alone.

You put it perfectly, I can't agree more.

One might think he was that damn Mac puppet come to life the way he behaves but it doesn't match his circumstances in the slightest. To me it's no more believable than this "sudden connection" between he and Liz, or he and Carly...dios mio. 

Ron wants to play with Jason far more than he cares about writing a confused, alone, memory blanked individual who would be more likely to keep to himself and stay away from people than giggling over "Legally Blond" as he catches up on his pop culture references.

So of course we get bouncy, happy, joke telling, laughing and smirking Jason because that's in Ron's lackluster wheelhouse. No realism, no genuine human emotions, imho, just camp and silliness.

I don't mind Jakson, but BM was totally Billy Abbott with Sam and so I just can't get into Jason, it is like Billy Abbott moved to PC. I've seen BM be dark and so I know he is capable of range outside of lovable screwup.

I saw the same thing myself, Billy is playing the part he's comfortable playing for the moment and to me there's just so many detachments to how "Jake" should be considering his position and situation.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

Tony Geary's accent is as annoying as Nina's cloying baby voice. And who knows how long we'll have to listen to it.

Is there any better proof than Jason taints everything he touches than Helena today? I've never wanted her to fall off the docks more than I did today. Please shut up about the wonder that is Jason Morgan, Helena.

I know it's in Carly's character to be utterly unaware of herself, but maybe she can give just a glimmer? Just a teeny tiny glimmer? And what's more can everyone stop being like "oh thank God Carly came to her senses" and add, "she was a fucking idiot for going out with Franco" instead of acting like she wasn't at fault at all for going out with him in the first place? 

And I don't really buy Carly being all "I'm totally in love with you and want to be with you forever and we wasted all these years!" It was one thing when she was screwing him on the side but I don't think she'd throw herself back in whole-heartedly. 

Nice to know Spinelli is still committing felonies off-screen.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
I can't get on board with bashing the PCPD at this point. It's them against the world on a show that focuses everything on making sure the villains get away so they can do the same fucking things over and over.

Yeah, it's always a plot point that makes the PCPD idiots. They never get a chance for a true win, unless it's some obvious one-off.

"I'll die before I let you make Carly a widow"

That's tied for me with "I haven't heard from Morgan since the last time we talked" for favorite dumb statement by Sonny.

Sonny and Carly are together even when they're not together together, so this "break up" is stupidly weak sauce. And seeing that Sonny is finally paying for a crime he committed, I can't feel sorry that the lovers are being kept apart. LOL that Sonny told her she loves with her whole heart. What about being brave and strong?

I love how Carly and Sonny are the only ones in the visiting room. And my, the wormhole from Pentonville to PC is quick.

I can't get all excited about Sam and Jakeson because it's so obvious we're supposed to be squeeing that they're talking but don't know each other's true identities! OMG! Squee! Ugh.

Ugh, James Franco's real-life mom. I'm sure she's a lovely lady, but she's a terrible actor. Though I loved her unwittingly telling Lauren her origin story, complete with Ava hate. Hee. They should have had Ava tell her she was the harpy who trapped Franco.

That Franco groupie—UGH. Way to use her for exposition anvils. "That baby doesn't look like either of you." She doesn't look like her real parents, either. (Maybe a squinch like Ava because of the fairness and blue eyes.) My eyes practically rolled out of my head.

Mounties! I died.

• Love 3

The baby not looking like Franco and Nina comment was so annoying. Let's be honest here, most newborns don't look like their parents, or anyone in particular. Their features don't start taking shape until they get to be a few months older. Or at the very least, they don't look enough like anyone for a complete stranger to be able to point out for the audience's sake that it's completely implausible for that baby to be biologically theirs.

The only time that a comment like that would make sense is if the baby was an entirely different race than the parents or parent. Like in the case of Britt pretending Brad was Ben's father. The obvious fact that Brad did not father that kid was such an elephant in the room and yet most of the citizen's of PC stupidly believed it. 

The show was mind-numbingly boring today.

I did like seeing Maxie back volunteering and doing something with her day even if her motive was to snog Nathan. 

Oh, and nice for Liz to have a patient other than Jake.

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 5

It pains me to say this, but it needs to be said: STFU Helena!

Between failing to slit Spencer's throat, offering comfort to Dr. O, and droning on and on and on about the wonder that is Jason Morgan, I'm over her. Officially.

I don't know why I'm surprised, I shouldn't be, by what a revolting human being Carly is. Just when I think she cannot possibly say or do anything more disgusting, she does. Kudos to LW for playing Carly with so much bile and vile. This story has really brought out the best acting-wise from Laura and Mo.

Poor Ava being surrounded by a bunch of dumbasses, and poor being Maura being surrounded by a bunch of bad actors.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 7

I'm seriously enjoying hearing about Sonny finally in prison, but when is that worthless failure of a "tough gal" Ava going to join him behind bars?

And so much for Ron's excuse for keeping my poor AJ offscreen while HE was in jail.

• Love 4

OMG!  I don't know how Dom Z., as a Canadian, kept a straight face.

The rest of the show...blah, blah, blah and then I was asleep.

He was probably a) biting his cheeks and b) probably helped that he didn't actually have to look at them.

• Love 3

Seriously, why are they letting Geary use this stupid accent (in the previews)? He sounds RIDICULOUS and it makes me want to punch my screen out.

You are actively trying to watch an episode of General Hospital. Technically all our tvs and monitors should have protective cages around them.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Boring episode.

Agreed. Would've been more exciting if Carly had accidentally banged her head into the dividing screen or something.

Seriously, why are they letting Geary use this stupid accent (in the previews)? He sounds RIDICULOUS and it makes me want to punch my screen out.

You are actively trying to watch an episode of General Hospital. Technically all our tvs and monitors should have protective cages around them.

Some things are worse than others though! :sob:

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Ugh. Carly and Sonny. When will it end forever!?!? When!!!!?

Hopefully in an imminent murder/suicide. 

Does Jason not know he was involved in the Faison escape, or does he not care?  Let us know, please.

Helena told him that, after he changed back into his regular clothes and left, he would have no memory of what he'd done, and he'd believe he'd spent the day looking for work. 

• Love 1

You know, they have spent this time on "soldier boy, tell 'em" looking for work when others have spent years on the show without thinking abut a profession/job/career.

Whoever stated this was Tony Geary's vanity project was spot on and deserves crypt sex with a misogynistic stutterbarking orange greaseball.

....That's all I got

• Love 3

Whoever stated this was Tony Geary's vanity project was spot on and deserves crypt sex with a misogynistic stutterbarking orange greaseball.

....That's all I got

I do? :( No, but seriously, why are they letting Tony Geary attempt Kate Winslet's accent from Titanic?

• Love 3

I do not give a shit about Sonny or Carly singularly or as a couple. 

Nooooo; already enough nonsensical connections within the Legion of Doom

Yes.  However, if for some ridiculous reason Helena, Jerry, Faison, Fake Luke, Dr. O, and whomever else is in on this stupid story wanted Ava's baby, and the result was Nina and Franco getting killed in a shoot-out or explosion or whatever, then I would take one more nonsensical connection.

• Love 4

I do? :( No, but seriously, why are they letting Tony Geary attempt Kate Winslet's accent from Titanic?

I wouldn't necessarily mind him doing AN accent. The problem is that he is doing multiple accents, sometimes in the same episode and today in the same scene. What's even stranger is that Evil Luke had no accent until the last few weeks.

• Love 1

Well today happened and it was very pointless and yawn worthy imo.

They are really determined to give Billy "Jason hair" aren't they? My word. I really can't get into any scenes involving Sam and Jason because I lost any tolerance I had with those two years ago, not to mention all this godawfulness with Jake and the brainwashing and crap.

Of course Sonny himself can tell Carly that anything they might have together isn't worth losing Michael over and she still would rather believe that she can have it all, all her way exactly as she wants it without her having to sacrifice or give up anything.

That precious baby girl is so cute even while sleeping, I can't get enough of her.

So Morgan is going to tout how he is going to keep the baby away from Ava? That little rat's ass is his father's son, and he still doesn't know if he is truly the father.

Maybe Julian can file for custody somehow or have shared custody with Silas, that girl should be with anyone outside of the Corinthos gene pool, well and Kiki, can't forget Kiki, she shouldn't be trusted with a Chia Pet.

The Helena and notLuke scenes...oy. Just a big fat oy vey.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5

Of course Sonny himself can tell Carly that anything they might have together isn't worth losing Michael over and she still would rather believe that she can have it all, all her way exactly as she wants it without her having to sacrifice or give up anything.

Of course the logic doesn't occur to her that they have already lost Michael. Or that Sonny didn't really want to get back with her, he just wanted some of what Franco was having, to prove he could get it.

• Love 3

The Helena and notLuke scenes...oy. Just a big fat oy vey.

It just occurred to me that this is the perfect opportunity for Helena and notLuke to get it on.  Its too bad that they already introduced the idea of a fake Luke with a mask.  I think the reactions to Luke embarking on a grand and public love affair with Helena Cassadine might make all this worth it, if just for Alexis's reaction.

I think I probably shouldn't have put that out in the universe.

KA is horrible and BC is stuck with her big potato head until they pair her back up with Michael.

Just think of the ENORMOUS number of french fries we could make if someone sliced and diced that giant potato head!

Luke sucks, almost as badly as Anthony Geary does.  The actual DOCK has more talent than this hack, and far more charm.

• Love 7

It just occurred to me that this is the perfect opportunity for Helena and notLuke to get it on.  Its too bad that they already introduced the idea of a fake Luke with a mask.  I think the reactions to Luke embarking on a grand and public love affair with Helena Cassadine might make all this worth it, if just for Alexis's reaction.

I think I probably shouldn't have put that out in the universe.

Please, no. If anything just because Tony Geary would probably love to do a love scene with Constance Towers.

I love how they totally squelched the Scott/Franco relationship in one second off-screen. "Do you think Scott will sign off? It is his son." "Yeah, yeah, he doesn't give a shit."

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Ulkis, I meant it with love. Not the Sonny/Carly type of love but the way Mac loves his girls.

Tiger, IMO, TG spent his time off thinking of ways to make FauxLuke more intriguing and amazing. I'm just finding it tedious and the penultimate vanity project in story telling

• Love 2
I really can't get into any scenes involving Sam and Jason because I lost any tolerance I had with those two years ago, not to mention all this godawfulness with Jake and the brainwashing and crap.

I haven't seen today's show yet, but in their scenes yesterday, KeMo seemed just this side of asleep.  It's like she had just laid down in her dressing room to take a quick nap and they moved her scenes up at the last minute and dragged her out after she'd already started falling asleep.  I wanted to get her a coffee and some Pixie Stix.  I don't know if she's bored with the Jake brainwashing crap or what.  

• Love 3

I love how they totally squelched the Scott/Franco relationship in one second off-screen. "Do you think Scott will sign off? It is his son." "Yeah, yeah, he doesn't give a shit."

Loved it! 

I enjoyed this episode.

I love Nathan/RP. He just makes any scene more fun for me. Cattitude, can I be veep of the Detective Special Kitty Fan Club? 

OMG at the Nathan/Anna scenes! That chem! Also, Dante/Anna bringing the "we are totally having a hot affair" vibes. I'm so easy to please.

I like that Sam is onto Jakeson. I'm still mostly annoyed by the way BM is playing this, but I'd rather watch him with KeMo than with BH.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

Someone explain the 'soldier boy' nickname for Jason. Is that a dig at Burton's Y&R character?

I don't watch Y&R, but I wouldn't be surprised. Ron is incredibly petty.

Poor Carly. Poor Sonny. They have suffered so much. Wait, not Carly and Sonny…us. Poor us.

I'm fairly certain Helena and Fake!Luke banged in the past or are currently lovers. The dialogue wasn't what anyone could call subtle. Ron probably wrote the flashback sex scene last week.

I like the chemistry between KeMo and BM, and I didn't mind their scenes. I'm still confused about what Jakeson remembers, though. So he doesn't remember freeing Faison or working for Helena, but does he remember he's Jason? Or did Helena instruct him to forget that too?

Just give the damn baby back! I was done with Freaka on the run before it began.

• Love 2

That was amazing.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Since Show had decided that Snarly now just can't get enough of Moobles McTan - easy enough to sell with his oily self behind bars - and now that we saw the tears running down his grizzled face as he watched his lil' slugbug slime herself away from him, I want Show to go all out and complete this Romeo and Juliet for Sewer Rats scenario.

Snarly needs to take a case of bud lite and pass out drunk in a gutter by the docks.  Then Orange Glow, who has escaped by sliming the bars of his cell with his tears, discovers her body and thinks she's really dead.  Intending to kill himself in the most horrible way possible, he then has sex with what he thinks is the dead Snarly......3 seconds pass.....Mumbles spontaneously bleeds out through his moobs, which awakens Snarly from her fever dream.  Seeing her man dead, Snarly downs an entire bottle of Coppertone and expires on top of Orange Glow.

And their legend of love will live on.  Romeo and Juliet, bite me!

• Love 15

You know what's amazing?  Robin knows Jason is alive and out there running around, and hasn't said anything to anyone about it.  Or is she not allowed to contact any one at all ever?  

Am I supposed to care about the Sonny/ Carly "breakup"?  What a waste of what, a quarter of the show?  Such ridiculous crap, from both of them.  

There are some actually interesting stories they could be telling, but instead it seems like it's been days and days of Sonny, the Legion of Doom doing whatever it is they do, and Nina/ Franco.  And I am not interested in any of that.​

• Love 5

Since Show had decided that Snarly now just can't get enough of Moobles McTan - easy enough to sell with his oily self behind bars - and now that we saw the tears running down his grizzled face as he watched his lil' slugbug slime herself away from him, I want Show to go all out and complete this Romeo and Juliet for Sewer Rats scenario.

Snarly needs to take a case of bud lite and pass out drunk in a gutter by the docks.  Then Orange Glow, who has escaped by sliming the bars of his cell with his tears, discovers her body and thinks she's really dead.  Intending to kill himself in the most horrible way possible, he then has sex with what he thinks is the dead Snarly......3 seconds pass.....Mumbles spontaneously bleeds out through his moobs, which awakens Snarly from her fever dream.  Seeing her man dead, Snarly downs an entire bottle of Coppertone and expires on top of Orange Glow.

And their legend of love will live on.  Romeo and Juliet, bite me!

*collapses into hilarity*

I asked tvgoddess to marry me way upthread, boes, but if you'd settle for me sending a Bullet Of Love your way, I can do that too.

• Love 5

You know what's amazing? Robin knows Jason is alive and out there running around, and hasn't said anything to anyone about it. Or is she not allowed to contact any one at all ever?

Robin is being held captive by Helena in Paris. Hells said she would kill her family if she said anything or tried to get away. So Robin lied to Anna and Patrick and said via Skype that she was broken and not coming home. She has had no contact with anyone since then.

Edited by HeatLifer

You know, they have spent this time on "soldier boy, tell 'em" looking for work when others have spent years on the show without thinking abut a profession/job/career.

I'm surprised stalker nurse hasn't gotten Jason a job at the hospital yet. He can be the new art therapist and use his paycheck to take some classes at PSU at night and become a lab tech in six months.

• Love 1

Someone explain the 'soldier boy' nickname for Jason.  Is that a dig at Burton's Y&R character?

I took it as a jibe at Guza's (in)famous scene where Carly told young Michael that hitmen like Jason were just like soldiers and policemen.

And if it was a jibe at that, I officially love it.

• Love 4