Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I've thought for a long time that Faison was really Det. Kitty's Poppa.  Of course it makes NO sense, considering that Liesel kidnapped Ben/Rocco to give Faison a male heir all the while him having one in Nathan.  But I gave up on this show making sense a long time ago.  

I bet that since I think we're seeing what Ron C. considers to be Dr. O. on Redemption Road, that the erstwhile explanation NOW will be that she although she LUVS Faison, she also LUVED her son too much to give him over to the machinations of Faison.  Or some such nonsense.  

I know it makes no sense, but that seems to matter little these days.

But it was totes coolio high to subject her daughter to him, because, ya know…girlchild.

• Love 4

I thought she looked truely fearful about Faison knowing which lead me to believe the father is someone Faison loathes. I would LMAO if it was somehow Robert. Plus I'd just love my det Special Kitty's father to be Robert f'inScorpio.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Robert Scorpio only has one child and her name is Dr. Robin Scorpio!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 12

The Luke crapfest continues.  Luke at the Qs is not the real Luke?  Or, is he the real Luke, but the real Luke is now this criminal mastermind who brought together this ragamuffin group of eeeee-vul (and imprisoned and drugged himself) to accomplish whatever unspecified goal it is that they have?  Nice try, show, but still: I do not care.

I like Nik & Britt together, and I'm sorry to see it end up like this.  I think they could have been a great couple, both very pretty and both with effed-up families and a warped sense of right and wrong.  Keeping them together could have given us a lot of interesting stories going forward.  Instead, we got about 10 re-tellings of the same basic story (Britt lies, Nik finds out, Nik forgives her, Britt lies, repeat), and then Britt ushered out the door and off the show (presumably).  Yet another wasted opportunity.  And for what?  More time for Nina and her baby?  Stop trying to make Nina happen, show.

Why am I still watching!?

I blame Ron, brainwashing.

I blame the ever-present box of wine.

• Love 4

But it was totes coolio high to subject her daughter to him, because, ya know…girlchild.

Exactly.  Britt mattered not all to Faison or to Liesel as anything other than an incubator when she first came on.  

Which is one of the many, many reasons I will never buy into Liesel's redemption even one tiny bit.  Not a schnitzel's worth.

• Love 4

The Luke crapfest continues.  Luke at the Qs is not the real Luke?  Or, is he the real Luke, but the real Luke is now this criminal mastermind who brought together this ragamuffin group of eeeee-vul (and imprisoned and drugged himself) to accomplish whatever unspecified goal it is that they have?  Nice try, show, but still: I do not care.

I like Nik & Britt together, and I'm sorry to see it end up like this.  I think they could have been a great couple, both very pretty and both with effed-up families and a warped sense of right and wrong.  Keeping them together could have given us a lot of interesting stories going forward.  Instead, we got about 10 re-tellings of the same basic story (Britt lies, Nik finds out, Nik forgives her, Britt lies, repeat), and then Britt ushered out the door and off the show (presumably).  Yet another wasted opportunity.  And for what?  More time for Nina and her baby?  Stop trying to make Nina happen, show.

More time for the popularity fest that is Niz!

• Love 3

More time for the popularity fest that is Niz!

And ten bucks says, with Britt history and Liz finding out about Helena tomorrow, the Niz merry-go-round will start spinning again in the next few days.  Ugh.

• Love 2

And ten bucks says, with Britt history and Liz finding out about Helena tomorrow, the Niz merry-go-round will start spinning again in the next few days.  Ugh.

Well, Liz always needs a man and a backup. So there's Jakeson. Now here comes backup!

• Love 3

And ten bucks says, with Britt history and Liz finding out about Helena tomorrow, the Niz merry-go-round will start spinning again in the next few days. Ugh.

Don't forget Ric will probs be back. So the writers will once again let Liz ride the merry-go-round of men. Will she ever be allowed to have a real relationship again?

I'm fairly certain that Patrick would not just stand behind her, he'd use the opportunity to peep down her top.

Bwah. And smile. He loves to :D.

• Love 3

[Lana Kane]Yuuuuuup![/Lana Kane]

Though I would have accepted Ethan as his kid (with Holly staying as mom).

• Love 3

That's right, now that this Fluke situation is "resolved", Ric can come out of hiding and hop on the merry-go-round as well.  Ugh.

Merry-go-round? I guess Liz has a new nickname!  Just think of the number of seats on that ride......

• Love 2

What if the resolution of whatever is going on with all these people is something like:

Luke: Wait, you've been wearing my face, and trying to get ELQ shares?
Jerry: Well, yeah. I thought you knew? Weren't you working with Julian to take down Sonny?
Julian: Hold on - I thought you *weren't* Luke, but were instead Bill Eckart impersonating Luke.  So, Jerry was impersonating Luke, but Luke was really a newly evil Luke?
Faison: No, I was me, pretending to be Bill Eckart, pretending to be Luke. Did you not see the memo?

Luke: Why was I bound and trussed at Miscaviage?  

(silence)
Helena: Why are any of you still alive?
Ashton: Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute - why have *I* been walking around in a Luke mask? 
All: We have no idea.​  Who are you?

• Love 9

IIRC, TR, years ago, told TPTB that he thought Robin should be Robert's only child; I think when they tried to make Lucas his son back in 1991.

• Love 4

Don't forget Ric will probs be back. So the writers will once again let Liz ride the merry-go-round of men. Will she ever be allowed to have a real relationship again?

Serious question, haven't Liz been in at least 3 romantic relationships in the past year? How much more relationships does she need to be in?

I wouldn't worry about her, she has her hands in many pies. Jake, Nic and probably Ric like you stated. 

What if the resolution of whatever is going on with all these people is something like:

Luke: Wait, you've been wearing my face, and trying to get ELQ shares?

Jerry: Well, yeah. I thought you knew? Weren't you working with Julian to take down Sonny?

Julian: Hold on - I thought you *weren't* Luke, but were instead Bill Eckart impersonating Luke.  So, Jerry was impersonating Luke, but Luke was really a newly evil Luke?

Faison: No, I was me, pretending to be Bill Eckart, pretending to be Luke. Did you not see the memo?

Luke: Why was I bound and trussed at Miscaviage?  

(silence)

Helena: Why are any of you still alive?

Ashton: Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute - why have *I* been walking around in a Luke mask? 

All: We have no idea.​  Who are you?

Luke: Look, the point is, it's everyone's fault in the universe for not realizing Bill's geni- I mean, MY genius, and the main folk at fault are that damn Luke and Laura!!

• Love 4

Ugh, the "Who is Nathan/James's father?" storyline is becoming as convoluted as Rex Balsom's paternity issues.  Find a daddy and stick with it.

My money's on whomever the real EvilLuke is. 

And meanwhile, Sabrina tried to murder an unborn baby, but she's not going to jail or losing her job or even being publicly shamed.

You realize she would have to be onscreen to deal with all that. I'm okay letting it slide just this once...

• Love 4

Serious question, haven't Liz been in at least 3 romantic relationships in the past year? How much more relationships does she need to be in?

I wouldn't worry about her, she has her hands in many pies. Jake, Nic and probably Ric like you stated. 

I wouldn't consider any of them real. They're all just teases. None of them are long-term. Except maybe Niz, who will probably walk up the aisle just for Lucky to appear at the end.

And meanwhile, Sabrina tried to murder an unborn baby, but she's not going to jail or losing her job or even being publicly shamed.

You realize she would have to be onscreen to deal with all that. I'm okay letting it slide just this once...

Agreed. 

Man, if Nathan is Fluke's son we are in for some major eye lingering from Geary.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
I wouldn't consider any of them real. They're all just teases.

Nothing has substance anymore but even with all the half assed going on, Liz have been in relationships that had enough for it to get to the point of having sex with the guys. The one with AJ had a decent build, and she wasn't just dropped into bed  with Nik or Ric.

When was her relationship with Ethan, that was pre Ron right? 

But she is gonna show up on-screen to

be chem-tested again with Michael Friday, like she didn't try and kill his "sister"/niece

.  Ugh.

How about a compromise where Sabrina's on for one day, Ava beats the shit out of her, and then we put her back in her box?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Nothing has substance anymore but even with all the half assed going on, Liz have been in relationships that had enough for it to get to the point of having sex with the guys. The one with AJ had a decent build, and she wasn't just dropped into bed  with Nik or Ric.

Yeah. Although I wouldn't call that a relationship . . . they only had a couple of scenes. Do you mean Matt?

Yeah. Although I wouldn't call that a relationship . . . they only had a couple of scenes. Do you mean Matt?

Matt was a long time ago, I remember that because I was dreading the Maxie and Liz battles.  But I could have sworn she dated some guy named Ethan. All I remember about the guy is that was he looked hot wet. So I must have also seen him wet.

I should go to bed now lol.

Matt was a long time ago, I remember that because I was dreading the Maxie and Liz battles.  But I could have sworn she dated some guy named Ethan. All I remember about the guy is that was he looked hot wet. So I must have also seen him wet.

I should go to bed now lol.

Yup, I think TeeVee is right. He rescued Liz from the harbor so we did see him wet. Plus his name in real life was Nathan too, same as Nathan who played Ethan so your brain isn't THAT sleep addled :)

Edited by ulkis

Nothing has substance anymore but even with all the half assed going on, Liz have been in relationships that had enough for it to get to the point of having sex with the guys. The one with AJ had a decent build, and she wasn't just dropped into bed with Nik or Ric.

I dunno. I don't think she has a guy that's just....her guy, you know? Does that make sense? I mean, she had Lucky, but that went to shitballs. Since then, nothing has really lasted for her longer than a few months, if that. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

The closest thing she had to a budding romance/true relationship was with AJ in 2013. They were done when he got drunk and said her son Jake dying was her fault. With Nikolas, she wasn't in a relationship - they pined for each other on and off and he's kissed her twice since his return to Port Charles (at the time Lulu got kidnapped/JMB left the show). Ric kept asking Elizabeth for another chance; he asked to be her date to the the Nik-Britt engagement party, the 2014 Nurse's Ball, and after that set up a romantic date. That date ended with her spending the night in his bed. Then the PCPD arrested him, and he 'got killed while in custody.'

I dunno. I don't think she has a guy that's just....her guy, you know? Does that make sense? I mean, she had Lucky, but that went to shitballs. Since then, nothing has really lasted for her longer than a few months, if that.

It does. She shouldn't have screwed her "guy's brother while engaged to the guy. That is kind of a deal breaker. And yeah, I remember the Sarah stuff. 

Liz' love is as fickle as Sonny's. Even Sonny sometimes focuses solely on the woman in front of him. I can't remember the last time Liz wasn't pinning after another man while still in a relationship. I could be wrong but that is how it seems to me with all of her pairing. 

The closest thing she had to a budding romance/true relationship was with AJ in 2013. They were done when he got drunk and said her son Jake dying was her fault. With Nikolas, she wasn't in a relationship - they pined for each other on and off and he's kissed her twice since his return to Port Charles (at the time Lulu got kidnapped/JMB left the show). Ric kept asking Elizabeth for another chance; he asked to be her date to the the Nik-Britt engagement party, the 2014 Nurse's Ball, and after that set up a romantic date. That date ended with her spending the night in his bed. Then the PCPD arrested him, and he 'got killed while in custody.'

Thanks for the recap Bringonthedrama. That is plenty of drama for Mis Liz involving 3 men within the year. They go nowhere but that is not nothing. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS

I can't remember the last time Liz wasn't pinning after another man while still in a relationship. I could be wrong but that is how it seems to me with all of her pairing.

That's how I feel, too. The writers won't let Liz be in a relationship with the person she loves. 'Cause when the dude finally comes around, she's over it. It's a cycle of insanity.

• Love 2

YW Deputy Deputy CoS, but my point was that AJ hasn't been a part of her life since about Fall 2013. I remember that around Christmas 2013, AJ ran into Liz in the park(?) and was all, 'I think the truth of the night I blacked out and Kannie was shot is coming back to me!!" They were over at that point, Liz wasn't sure about his mental state/his sobriety and so just didn't want to be near him. In the past year, Liz has mostly been torn about Nikolas and then was briefly with Ric because he was so hell-bent on them having a "second chance" at love. Carly, Sam, Alexis, and even Lucy have had more relationship drama this year than Liz. Someone here was complaining that Sam was still longing for the 'late Jason', thinking about/still wanting Silas after their recent breakup, and having a sex dream about Patrick not long after they made out on her couch. 

• Love 3

In my opinion, Liz for the past ten or so years wants what she doesn't have. For example, Niz, she had Lucky so she starts a torrid affair with Nik and when a very angry Lucky steps out of L&L2 and moves on with Shiobhan., she wanted Lucky again. I also think wanting Nik is her fallback position if nothing else is going on for her.

• Love 5

I suppose, except Nik came to her first. He started the whole merry-go-around over again. I mean she had nothing going on for a year a half and she didn't think of Nik once until he came back.

• Love 3

Look out for major Spencercussions emanating from Nik's rejection of Britt. I expect him to run away from home at least once, seeking Britt. If she returns him to Nik, maybe that will neutralize the negative vibrations between that couple, making up for her recent mistakes. If the actress leaves the show, Nik has to have some reason to drop his lawsuits against her.

I thought Nik was unfair to accuse Britt of being "just like your mother". Britt is a very weak personality who can be intimidated and manipulated easily. IMO she's to be pitied, not feared.

• Love 5

YW Deputy Deputy CoS, but my point was that AJ hasn't been a part of her life since about Fall 2013. I remember that around Christmas 2013, AJ ran into Liz in the park(?) and was all, 'I think the truth of the night I blacked out and Kannie was shot is coming back to me!!" They were over at that point, Liz wasn't sure about his mental state/his sobriety and so just didn't want to be near him. In the past year, Liz has mostly been torn about Nikolas and then was briefly with Ric because he was so hell-bent on them having a "second chance" at love. Carly, Sam, Alexis, and even Lucy have had more relationship drama this year than Liz. Someone here was complaining that Sam was still longing for the 'late Jason', thinking about/still wanting Silas after their recent breakup, and having a sex dream about Patrick not long after they made out on her couch. 

I knew it was only a matter of time before Sam's seemingly shortcomings was brought up in a conversation about Liz. Ron doesn't have to make make me ensure an on screen triangle. 

As much as a loathe Jasam, Jason have been Sam's constant for close to a decade. I think that is what HeatLifer meant by Liz not having a "guy" and why I compared Liz to Sonny in fickleness.

So yeah, Sam is reflective of a relation she was no longer in, it not the same as pining for someone while with another man. She made out with a guy and had a sex dream about them but there is the reminder that her heart belong to Jason.  It doesn't make her fickle, contrary actually,  but I freely admit to having a bias where Sam is concerned. 

• Love 2

This Fluke, Fluke, Luke drama is a first degree crapfest.  The story treaded water for six months being kept on life support via Fluke surrogates and endless exposition regarding Fluke from the other characters. The last few weeks has consisted of characters reminding viewers of a storyline that was put on pause 6 MONTHS AGO.  This story needed to be wrapped up before TG left.  When he did return the storyline should have wrapped up quickly but now it seems they are going for a February sweeps return of the "real Luke". In the words of Nancy Kerrigan "why, why, why?". 

• Love 6

I thought she looked truely fearful about Faison knowing which lead me to believe the father is someone Faison loathes. I would LMAO if it was somehow Robert. Plus I'd just love my det Special Kitty's father to be Robert f'inScorpio.

Why do you hurt me? I like Nathan and all, but he is no Scorpio spawn.

Merry-go-round? I guess Liz has a new nickname!  Just think of the number of seats on that ride......

Does that mean carousel music will now be in the background whenever Liz is interacting with one of her maybe-possibles?

• Love 2

IIRC, TR, years ago, told TPTB that he thought Robin should be Robert's only child; I think when they tried to make Lucas his son back in 1991.

That story still bothers me. UGH!  For more than a year, all signs pointed to Lucas being Robert's. Cheryl was terrified of Julian, loved Robert and was with Robert at the time of conception, then the show back-tracked and that was it!

Also Sam was supposed to be Robert and Holly's coma-baby which really made sense with their history, but nada!  Same with Ethan, but TG wanted the story. In the end though I liked Robert too much for him to be saddled with Ethan.  sigh

Actually, Molly does.  It was in the dialogue today.  Molly flat-out said that she knew that Ric was involved in the mob in the past or that she just knew that Ric had not gone back to the mob.  So she did know and she's known all along and it's been said more than once.  Also, while Julian was threatened, it doesn't excuse the fact that he used HER father as a fall guy.   Being a whiny teenager is one thing, but the fact that her mother chose to trust her mobster boyfriend who she'd known for one night 30+ years ago and a few months now despite proven current lying lies all over him without even giving her other daughter's father the teeniest, tiniest benefit of the doubt when he had proven that he'd turned over a new leaf was pretty damn shitty.  I'm on team!Molly here.  Alexis' ass didn't even try and help out her daughter, she just wanted to keep on sexing up Julian.

I know I'm in the minority in loving them, but Sam and Silas did have a romance written for them.  They did the love/hate, getting to know each other, falling in love phase.   And the above bolded does NOT apply to them at all.  Silas still clearly has deep feelings for Sam (as it's been snarkily brought up here how he manages to compare every emotional situation to him and Sam), and Sam still gets teary-eyed about Silas and whenever plot-points do bring them together, she's all misty-eyed and longingly looking at him.

And the indifference doesn't apply to Morgan and Ava either. They went from love/lust to longing/love on her part to longing/hate on his part and then to putting those feelings on the backburner for the sake of the baby.

I totally agree about Molly and totally disagree about Sam and Silas. Life's funny that way. LOL  For me, that period of initial snarkiness between them was over too quickly. Before Danny was even released from the hospital they were sharing food on the floor there, then he came home and they were immediately trying to run upstairs at the condo for a quickie. IMO Ron was trying to use the year of McBane and Sam as build for her with Silas instead of writing them a real story. I'm okay with that though since I never was going to accept them.

• Love 1

Does that mean carousel music will now be in the background whenever Liz is interacting with one of her maybe-possibles?

It would certainly liven things up.  I don't know if I can take watching another round of the Niz merry-go-round.  I'm so over it.  Heck, I was over it before it started because I never bought that Nik and Liz have this deep romantic connection (a deep friendship, yes, but not romantic love).  They both weirdly seem to look back on their affair with rose-colored glasses.

• Love 6

So, from all that I've been reading here and elsewhere, GH is off the DVR again.  And probably will be off until the last week it airs.

Don't quit us though, keep on coming here! 

And gosh golly GEE durn it looks like Detective Kitty is Faison's kid.  WHAT a surprise!

I wonder how he'll feel about his son being an earnest, good guy cop? Hee! 

• Love 2

I thought Molly was pretty restrained actually. She told Alexis she still loved her, but she needed time. Completely understandable.

I agree. I actually loved those scenes because Molly wasn't all shrill and annoying. She made perfect sense and was 100% right to feel how she was feeling, but made sure to treat Alexis with respect at the same time.

• Love 4

Ok - just to make sure I am clear...........we have Faison Fluke, Q Mansion Fluke and of course the "real" Luke unseen and in an unknown location. 

It would be a scream if they had a tiny, little car on set and thousands of Flukes started flying out of it. Now THAT'S something I would watch !!

• Love 4

Ok - just to make sure I am clear...........we have Faison Fluke, Q Mansion Fluke and of course the "real" Luke unseen and in an unknown location. 

It would be a scream if they had a tiny, little car on set and thousands of Flukes started flying out of it. Now THAT'S something I would watch !!

Right Liz can have the merry-go-round music and The Fluke's can have the circus music. It's a great day in the merry 'ol carnival of GH. RME!

• Love 1

Actually I think he is sorry he truely lost Michael as his son. I don't think it has anything to do with being caught. He seems resigned to the fact he has lost his son. But I will agree he is probably not sorry he killed a man.

Michael is as much Sonny"S  son as The baby is Nina's and even Franco's. Sonny stole Michel the same way.  This show is nothing if not consistant. Re_Ron writes again or maybe I should just say copies.

• Love 6

Or maybe a chorus line of Flukes, like the Rockettes.  Festive!

One of the traditional highlights of the old Nurses Ball was a chorus line of all the female GH staff high-kicking to "One." … So I'm down for the singular sensation of singing and dancing Flukes next April!

• Love 4