Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

This is the internal dialog I feel like having with Ron over the way he's handling Sam and Patrick right now:

Me: Wait a second...when did they become attracted to each other? They've barely talked in the past year. I know she sang to his dying baby but this is a little much.

Ron: No, it's fine-can't you tell it's just one of those instant attractions?

Me: I can see you instantly paired them up without any previous build up or context or real dating, oh wait...this is about Jason isn't it?

Ron: No! It's about finding love again and moving on.

Me: I didn't know cheap, stale fortune cookies had such powers.

Ron: You're getting sidetracked, just look at the way he's so passionately gazing at her chest pillows!

Me: I don't think buttons just pop open on their own like that.

Ron: It's the power of love!

Me: Nope, I'm pretty sure buttons are neither made of love nor do they respond to it on command. And by the way isn't he still married anyhow?

Ron: ...no comment.

Me: Yep, all about Jason as usual...

They must have been very, very bad dates/relationships, given his obsession with rape.

I'd say it's irrefutable proof that Ron is a Harlequin romance novel junkie.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5

Is Danny and Liz being drawn to Billy Abbott supposed to be heartwarming? It's not. It's lame. 

Maybe they're drawn to him because of the smell?  

I've heard it said that Borg tastes like chicken.  Maybe it smells like it too??

• Love 1
It's pathetic how Ron can't write a romance without a triangle. We're finally free of Levi and Ron is already floundering about what to do with them. Countdown to Dr O kidnapping Maxie.

Can someone force Ron to watch the initial build up of Dante/Lulu or something?  That was a woman initially rejecting a guy who was really into her but it managed to be cute and fun, and not this hot mess.  (Of course, part of that was due to the chemistry JMB and DZ had, but, still, it was so, so, so much better than what we're seeing with Nathan and Maxie.) 

• Love 4

All joking aside, has he? I can't think of a successful pairing that he's created. And, no he gets no credit for repairing couples who were put together long before he came to town.

He created one on OLTL that I loved and adored--Natalie and Jared. And then, of course, about a year later, he totally destroyed it in every way possible. But he did create it.  He seems to have forgotten how since then, though. Even before he left OLTl, he had taken a sharp turn into "the less consent the better" alongside "I love you even though you did terrible, disgusting, and practically life-destroying things, not just in general but to me personally."

I really like Maxie and Nathan, but this is unbelievably stupid. Even Maxie worrying that dating Nathan would be too much, too fast given how intense their relationship is already would make more sense than polling the entire town about her love life. 

KA has never bothered me as much as she's bothered others, but even I have wondered recently if she has made a conscious choice to play the character as completely hateful. It doesn't even seem like she's particularly trying for any layers or vulnerability. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 4

Can someone force Ron to watch the initial build up of Dante/Lulu or something?  That was a woman initially rejecting a guy who was really into her but it managed to be cute and fun, and not this hot mess.  (Of course, part of that was due to the chemistry JMB and DZ had, but, still, it was so, so, so much better than what we're seeing with Nathan and Maxie.) 

The very, very beginning was annoying - he was way too insistent - their first kiss sucked because he was way too forceful about it - but after their first month they fixed it and it was as you say.

I can't imagine Ron watching that. "ugh, what's all this dialogue?? That scene went on FOREVER! Three whole goddam minutes! When's a guy supposed to go to the bathroom!"

• Love 1

I think it's strange because she's acting like a date is marriage. It's freaking dinner and hanging out. To get to know the person. Why is this so serious?

Because Maxie dumber than a box of rocks and far more useless.  Oh!  AND, like so many dumbass characters, also has eyes only for herself.

Nathan would do better trolling the docks.  At least whatever he picked up down there can be treated.  Dumb is forever.

• Love 2

He created one on OLTL that I loved and adored--Natalie and Jared. And then, of course, about a year later, he totally destroyed it in every way possible. But he did create it.  He seems to have forgotten how since then, though. Even before he left OLTl, he had taken a sharp turn into "the less consent the better" alongside "I love you even though you did terrible, disgusting, and practically life-destroying things, not just in general but to me personally."

Speaking of Dante and Lulu, this is why I feel bad complaining about that fluff scene they had today, because most dudes on this show are asses . . . but it was really really pointless.

• Love 1

Echoing Jillibean, Ron was able to give good couple on OLTL (though mostly with the second-tier set, like Kish and Kim/Clint) and Natalie/Jared is definitely the best example as far as him being able to write a slow burn that worked. 

But he hasn't been able to do that at all on this show.  All his prepackaged couplings (particularly the GH/OLTL pairings) crashed and all the happy accident couples that got some buzz last year (Ava/Morgan, Britt/Nik) have been run into the ground.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Because Maxie dumber than a box of rocks and far more useless.  Oh!  AND, like so many dumbass characters, also has eyes only for herself.

Nathan would do better trolling the docks.  At least whatever he picked up down there can be treated.  Dumb is forever.

I swear, they want to eat their cake and have it too for Maxie. They want her to cause trouble but they don't want her to bad so they make her dumb as fuck. I would like her a whole lot better if she were just allowed to bad. And for the love of chocolate chips, get her a fucking job already. If Michael can be CEO of ELQ Maxie can certainly head Crimson at this point.

ETA: sorry for all the individual posts, I keep forgetting to consolidate them.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

KA has never bothered me as much as she's bothered others, but even I have wondered recently if she has made a conscious choice to play the character as completely hateful. It doesn't even seem like she's particularly trying for any layers or vulnerability. 

Well apparently, based on that interview that was bandied around yesterday, she views Kiki as cool and independent.  Girlfriend needs a reading comprehension class and a reality check.

• Love 4

Okay, today's show was just boring, from beginning to end.  Maxie----whining;  Sobrina---whining; Lulu---whining; Sonny---whining; Carly---whining and I simply don't care about Sam, Danny, or Patrick and already loathe comatose Jason.  Kaka makes me want to gag.  When did Morgan become one of the more interesting characters on the show (Yikes)?  Michael at least had clothes on today, I guess that's a positive.

I may need a barge break.  I think I my deck chair is lonely and I could really use a nice umbrella drink.

• Love 1

Okay, today's show was just boring, from beginning to end. Maxie----whining; Sobrina---whining; Lulu---whining; Sonny---whining; Carly---whining and I simply don't care about Sam, Danny, or Patrick and already loathe comatose Jason. Kaka makes me want to gag. When did Morgan become one of the more interesting characters on the show (Yikes)? Michael at least had clothes on today, I guess that's a positive.

I may need a barge break. I think I my deck chair is lonely and I could really use a nice umbrella drink.

Hahaha, I'm so with you. I like MORGAN. When did this happen and how did I get here!?!?

• Love 4

Well apparently, based on that interview that was bandied around yesterday, she views Kiki as cool and independent.  Girlfriend needs a reading comprehension class and a reality check.

What she needs is to kiss Ron and Frank's feet because the only reason she has a job, as far as I'm concerned, is because of FV/RC forcing her on to the show. What they failed to realize is, there is no sentimentality to be had with her as her prior history as a kid actor had nothing to do with this soap. But whatever.

• Love 7

This is the internal dialog I feel like having with Ron over the way he's handling Sam and Patrick right now:

Me: Wait a second...when did they become attracted to each other? They've barely talked in the past year. I know she sang to his dying baby but this is a little much.

She sang to his dying baby?

Well apparently, based on that interview that was bandied around yesterday, she views Kiki as cool and independent. Girlfriend needs a reading comprehension class and a reality check.

She doesn't have a job, she doesn't go to school, she just parasitizes Michael and Ava. She's not independent, she's not cool, she's a leech. even her name sucks.

Sobs looked Patrick in the eyes for a while, but I have no idea what she was trying to put across. It was probably supposed to be shifty guilt but it could have been lactose intolerance or she realized she lost her id badge.

Maxie didn't jump in without thought and it worked. She was going to marry a killer nut. She should be not as confident after making such a mistake.

Michael Eeyore. He's a grown man in charge of a company and even after all that's happened, he lets morons like Sonny and Carly run his life. He deserves KiKi.

Anna and Nathan need to have a nice, long, steamy weekend.

Edited by jazzyscreenname
  • Love 2

FV/RC forcing her on to the show

If anyone was forced, it was the viewers. Neither Starr nor Lauren fits on GH. Yet both those characters were (are) shoved down our throats, hogging air time that could go to characters who actually have a place on the canvas.

I doubt there was much arm-twisting on their part. KA doesn't have conventional TV looks, and her pop career ended before it started. She's incredibly lucky Frank and Ron have their inexplicable fondness/loyalty toward her.

[Maxie] should be not as confident after making such a mistake.

Which is why she should date. Getting to know the person is the whole point. And if she feels things are going too fast, she tells Nathan she wants to put on the brakes.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

What she needs is to kiss Ron and Frank's feet because the only reason she has a job, as far as I'm concerned, is because of FV/RC forcing her on to the show. What they failed to realize is, there is no sentimentality to be had with her as her prior history as a kid actor had nothing to do with this soap. But whatever.

And there are more than a few of us who loved the show she was on as a kid actor who CAN'T STAND HER and felt the same way when she was on OLTL as well. She ate screen time on that show like a crack addict with a bag of cheetos.  GAH.

Ron C.  is fixated on old focus group reports from a decade or so ago.

And we saw how well that thinking worked for AMC.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

Right before I left to go pick my son up from school today, I heard some of the Maxie/Nathan scenes, and I have to ask - was she counting as a character flaw or some black mark against him that he got drunk and almost slept with Britt (without knowing they were related)?   Because, um, yeah...  I could see teasing him about it to some extent, because, come on, who wouldn't tease a friend about that?  But listing it as part of her reasons for not wanting to go out with him was weird.  He was upset, he went out drinking, met up with someone else who was upset and drinking, and they almost hooked up.  He had no knowledge that they were remotely connected to each other, let alone brother and sister.  I mean, it's not like Liz and Steve got drunk and almost hooked up.  I can grant her being unsure of him because she knows he came to town using a fake name and all (although she does know the reasons behind that), but the Britt thing was just a horrible coincidence.  

• Love 5

Also? Why exactly hasn't Sabrina just told Patrick her Ava/Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos theory?

He'd have to take his head out from between Sam's pillows first.

Re: All the references to Sonny as Michael's father, in my delusional little world it's a setup for the glorious moment when he tells the pustulent boil, "You're not my father. You MURDERED my father.", followed by, "My name is ALAN EDWARD QUARTERMAINE!" A gal can dream, can't she?

Finally, Sonny's criminal empire is founded on running a protection racket for prostitutes and selling sex slaves. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Love 4

Maybe we should all start tweeting stuff like "Kristen, you seem soooooo smart. You should go to college and be a business major!"

• Love 6

Finally, Sonny's criminal empire is founded on running a protection racket for prostitutes and selling sex slaves. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

That makes perfect sense.  That way Sonny would always have a back up plan when he needed a date.

• Love 2

Re: All the references to Sonny as Michael's father, in my delusional little world it's a setup for the glorious moment when he tells the pustulent boil, "You're not my father. You MURDERED my father.", followed by, "My name is ALAN EDWARD QUARTERMAINE!"

I'm drooling at the mouth just thinking about this happening. Add every character telling Patrick he's a shit? I'll be in heaven, my friends!!!

• Love 5

"We made the choice to devote ourselves to Rocco instead of having another baby." What? Having another baby doesn't mean you ignore the one you already have.

Corinthos family! Michael didn't go to jail for manslaughter. He went to jail for covering up the manslaughter.

"I don't know all the tiny things that make you you." Maxie, you stupid, stupid bint. THAT'S WHY YOU DATE SOMEONE. Gah. That said, Nathan is being a little pushy. Back off, dude.

LOL that Lauren is so indignant about Rosalie sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong. Pot, meet kettle.

• Love 5

I thought there was actually a good scene there yesterday where Michael and Kiki talked around the issue of Sonny and Carly - I mean, yes, shut the fuck up, Kiki and tell him the truth, but she did make the usual valid points. And I thought what the writers gave Michael was an accurate depiction of Michael's own denial, since he didn't dare mention getting shot in the head or raped, among many other things (his nanny being murdered, etc.). I thought it was all a very clear setup for Michael to disown both of them, at least for awhile; I'll be surprised if he doesn't, and I will also be surprised if it doesn't end too quickly. I thought they even set up his renouncing the Corinthos name - I hope that happens. I just don't think it'll be forever, sadly.

The Morgan/Maxie scene would have been nice if they had ever had that kind of relationship. They don't.

As to the issue of romance, dating, etc. RC can and will write it. He used to do it a lot better, he used to give it real time - Natalie and Jared, Viki and Charlie, Brody and Jessica, etc. all got a lot of this stuff on OLTL, as did Cristian and Layla. But over the years, and especially on GH, all the stuff that comprises dating and conventional romantic build-up, domestic scenes of family or friends, became something that RC only regards as filler and/or plot recap. It's there to fill space and spare time, and unless it fulfills a direct plot function - relating information - he often only gives the dating or domestic stuff to characters or subplots he is not that interested in (Ned and Olivia, even Lulu and Dante).

To be fair, soaps have been using those domestic scenes to recap plot and relate information to the audience and other characters since they were on the radio in the 1940s. But that's not all those scenes are for, either.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

Maybe we should all start tweeting stuff like "Kristen, you seem soooooo smart. You should go to college and be a business major!"

I'm two years older than Kristen, and I'll admit that I was a HUGE Starr fan when she and I were younger, and I'll admit it took me a LOT longer than most to switch sides, but if she does, in fact, end up directing, you never know, it could wind up like a Sofia Coppola situation, where she finally hits her stride BEHIND the camera. 

You never know. 

...I'm WAY too nice sometimes. :P

And to be fair to her, she did consider going to college and studying to become a teacher at one point. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
Corinthos family! Michael didn't go to jail for manslaughter. He went to jail for covering up the manslaughter.

When have those knobs ever let things like facts, truth, history, or police records get in the way of their plans? Michael must be protected at all costs! By sending him to the island where everyone and their Aunt Myrtle knows Sonny sends people when he wants to "keep them safe"...what could possibly go wrong?

"We made the choice to devote ourselves to Rocco instead of having another baby." What? Having another baby doesn't mean you ignore the one you already have

Perhaps Morgan emailed them a copy of his Dummies book. I'm just hopeful that will shut down talk of babies for a while with them. Until things pick up regarding the the other fertilized embryo Helena snatched. 

Morgan and Kiki really are too stupid to live, and I'm beginning to think the same about Michael.

Oh if only, if only being stupid got people killed on this show, instead they get more scenes and story lines and constant attention. It still is so laughable that Morgan and Kiki for whatever inane reason seem to think that Ava has told no one else but them about Sonny's involvement in AJ's murder or that she will keep quiet if the time comes when she can play the revelation card to her advantage supposedly.

And this constant desire of everyone to "protect" Michael has irked my last nerve, he is not Danny, he isn't a baby who must be sheltered and protected at all cost.

• Love 3

I almost had a fucking stroke today when Michael allowed Sonny and Carly to bully him into hiding.

You are the CEO of ELQ and a grown ass man! Jesus Christ! Stop being such a pussy!( I yelled at the t.v. and gave myself a sore throat. I'm embarrassed because I know this is a t.v. show and nothing is real, but come on!) How will you expect anyone to ever take you seriously in the business world?!?!?!?!

Eh, this is the last hoorah of Michael's love and loyalty for his parents. . I mean RC is dropping the anvils all over the place.  First Michael mentions that he will never renounce his last name, and then today, he only agrees to his parents wishes because he loves and trusts them and doesn't want them to worry about him.  I mean, let's just get a skywriter to write "Michael's days of being loyal and loving towards his parents are numbered."  Throw in that everyone in his family AND his girlfriend is lying to him, and yeah, he's a bomb waiting to blow.  I can't wait.  They are making Michael so calm and understanding and reasonable that when this shit hits the fan, it's going to be HUGE.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 12

I actually liked the episode today. I think Lante are cute and I'm glad they are staying home.

Liz and Sam with Jason wasn't that bad. My big pet peeve is all the medical people giving a 2 y/o A) candy in general and B) suckers that are a choking hazzard. Medical people don't give out suckers they give stickers.

I know I sit alone but Carly and Sonny trying to get Michael to go to the island was cute too. Michael is trying to be an adult but sometimes you humor your parents b/c they are your parents and that is what he did. Plus they acted like it was just a long weekend not very long. Heck I'd love my parents to send me away for a few day  is paradise for free....bonus points for Michael b/c maybe Kiki will get eaten by a shark!

I do agree the AJ reveal is coming quickly and then Michael will feel betrayed by them ALL. I think it is a setup for MicRo b/c Rosalie will be the only one Michael feels he can trust.

and of course any day with Nathan is a MEOW! good day.

I do feel sad that BM first little bit as Jason will be with a very messed up face.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2
Eh, this is the last hoorah of Michael's love and loyalty for his parents...I mean, let's just get a skywriter to write "Michael's days of being loyal and loving towards his parents are numbered."

I don't see any anger lasting that long myself. Michael's entire existence has hinged on Carly and Sonny and even if he wants to "be a Q", not that there's much left to that all things considered, he'll eventually go back to loving those two idiots, Ron will make it so.

He turned Dante into a "Daddy's boy" for Sonny just because, Michael's been Sonny's "property", I don't think he ever sees his kids as much more than possessions for him to own and control, for nearly his whole life, that bond isn't going anywhere I'd wager, not under Ron anyway and while Maurice is still sticking around.

ETA: 

Not to mention they've included Kiki and Morgan and frankly I think Ron would rather, and will, put a lot of the emphasis on them knowing the truth and keeping it from Michael so that they can then "console" each other when Michael pulls away feeling so very betrayed and alone, and oh who else would be waiting to ease his pain but the convenient Rosalie. It's all so very plot by numbers and filled with sheer laziness on Ron's part imho.

I think it is a setup for MiRo b/c Rosalie will be the only one Michael feels he can trust.

I'm on the same page, Ron seems to care far more about fucked up romances then family connections anyway, from what I've seen. Somehow someway Michael will fall into bed with Rosalie while Morgan and Kiki "rekindle" what they once had, and Sonny and Carly will deal with the devastation by getting remarried or pregnant or something, god only knows the horrors which await with those two.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2
I kinda wonder if Chad is leaving the show. They're setting it up so that EVERYONE has betrayed him. I can picture Michael high-tailing it out of town.

Don't get my hopes  up like that ulkis, heh. Can Kiki try and chase after him and have a crane fall on top of her? Maybe a whole building just to make doubly sure she's dead? I don't trust her not to pull a zombie and come back "from the dead".

• Love 4

Now, I say this as a fan of KeMo, but damn if she didn't look like she was going to fall asleep there in the chair while holding nuJason's hand.  Of course the scene didn't require being upbeat or whatever, but sometimes she's just too low energy.

He is truly the son they raised him to be, he is so dependent on them and their approval it's sickening really. His behavior today is a main reason why I believe no matter how furious he will get when the truth about AJ does come out he will not cut them out of his life, at least not for good because Carly's the only mum he has, sadly, and Sonny is now his one and only dad, whatever the hell that's even worth, he won't want to just get rid of and be done with them.

This is what I fear, because Sonny never pays for anything.  It's always other people who pay for his actions, whether it be an individual or society at large, while he moans and whines about how hard it is to be Sonny.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 2

I'm down with Jordan Pope, as long as Julian is Fitz and Alexis is Melly. Carrrlos, Ava, Sam, Morgan , Micheal, and Jason Q can be her Gladiators. It's slim pickins in PC. We need more bad asses. Anna, Nathan, and Dante are Gladiator allies.

Time to kick some ass.

• Love 2
I wish she would handle Shawn, two in the head, one in the junk.

But not necessarily in that order because the first shot needs to be in the junk so he can be in agony and slowly start bleeding out before she then finishes him off. Then she can go and play bed twister with a naked Julian and all would be right with the world.

• Love 2

The circumstances of Michael and Sonny being father and son are problematic, to say the least, but that doesn't mean it isn't a genuine relationship. Like it or not, Sonny and Michael consider themselves father and son. It's not a false relationship. AJ is also Michael's father, which everyone accepts—even Sonny, albeit in the most grudging manner possible.

Alrighty then! Following this logic, anybody (two people) of any races or sexes can believe fervently that they are intimately related--as close as a blood relationship--to one another if both agree. No silly legal papers or testifying or adopting necessary. Just go out and keep telling everyone that the two of you are closely blood-related. And presto-chango! The real blood relationship dissolves, and the fantasy one takes over! It's called a LIE!!!

Aj is /was/always will be Michael's father. Sonny's and Carly's claims of Corinthos paternity for Mikey Q are bald-faced, delusional, pitiful, fantastical LIES. Mikey and the rest of PC must continue to correct Sonny and Carly every time they utter it until the lie is EXTINGUISHED.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5
On topic.  I still loathe Patrick most of all, and want Sam/Patrick over ten million years ago! :D

I feel as if I'm watching two immature high school kids when they're together, and Liz is like the best friend passing notes in class, "Sam, he may really like like you", it's beyond appalling.

Seeing him talking about how the divorce is nearly final, while in a jet flying over to Europe, and he knows where Robin is currently but of course he'll forgo making a pass by Paris because he's too busy trying to play "I see London, I see France" with Sam's underpants instead...he is just sickeningly self-centered. And why the hell is he leaving Emma again? She should be his number one priority hands down, especially right now with what he thinks he knows really happened the night of the car accident.

I mean honestly if he does think she was the target of Julian's boss, whomever that person is threatened Spencer that if he ever talked about that night and told anyone what he heard Emma would pay the price, well he's talked now and who is to say this guy wouldn't find out about it? Or hasn't already? But instead of staying with Emma and watching over her 24/7, which he can do now because he has no job, he's leaving the country...I just-he is...while Jordan's shooting people in their junk can he be next in line please and thanks?

Not to mention that when he and Sam confront notLuke they'd be tipping their hand anyway about who they think caused the accident, so then that makes Emma even more of a sitting duck since his core operation is in PC, where Emma is and yet Patrick now isn't and is in fact thousands of miles away from actually, it's such an improbable move to make it's already breaking my brain.

It is beyond idiotic, there is no reason Sam needs him to tag along, he adds nothing to the trip, if his track record is any indication he's likely to try and confront/accuse notLuke and shut everything down before the questioning even begins. Patrick should be finding a safe place to stash Emma while Sam does the sleuthing.

And now that I'm thinking about it how nice might it have been if Sam could have taken Lucas with her for some nice big sis baby brother bonding time so we could actually see them interacting as a family for once onscreen. Plus he has direct connections to this outcome because he is Luke's nephew, his namesake, maybe he could get dear ole Uncle Luke to open up to them, or perhaps even spy the impostor that is notLuke and say "Dudes, that is totally not Uncle Luke".

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

So if Snarly believed that the hitman came after Michael because he is Sonny's son, what makes them think that they won't come after Morgan who is Sonny's son, too.  Perhaps because they think that Morgan is disposable. I now totally get why Morgan does have issues with Michael as the favorite.

• Love 8

And now that I'm thinking about it how nice might it have been if Sam could have taken Lucas with her for some nice big sis baby brother bonding time so we could actually see them interacting as a family for once onscreen. Plus he has direct connections to this outcome because he is Luke's nephew, his namesake, maybe he could get dear ole Uncle Luke to open up to them, or perhaps even spy the impostor that is notLuke and say "Dudes, that is totally not Uncle Luke".

I love this idea.  Instead of the dumbass Crichton Clark mess with Stavros and Levi, we could have had a whole bunch of the characters go on an adventure (locally and abroad) to figure out the Fluke stuff.  Anna, Nathan and Dante,  Maxie (pulled into it by Nathan and Lulu), Lulu (going to find her father and also pulled into it by Dante), Britt and Nik (to help Lulu and Nathan), and Sam and Lucas (and maybe Brad?) could be broken up into various groups and spread out looking for clues and trying to track down Fluke.

Maybe even Tracy, Alexis, Julian, Jordan and Shawn (I know, but he could be a good foil for Jordan) could be working on something together and/or fighting over who's right and who will get to Fluke first.  This way, we could still be moving the story forward, having different characters interacting and moving smaller friends/family/couples storylines (would be nice to have Alexis/Sam/Julian/Lucas spending time together), and the show would be giving us something to watch while TG recovered.

I miss big adventure umbrella storylines like that, where most of the cast was involved in one way or another.

• Love 5
Morgan and Kiki really are too stupid to live, and I'm beginning to think the same about Michael.

It's not just that their characters aren't too bright, but none of the Corinthos are eye candy and their acting chops are substandard, the exception is small doses of   Dante.  I am so sick of the Corinthos family hour.  Next month there's only going to be yet more Corinthos - much more with the resurrection of Jason.  It seems like just yesterday, Jason was undergoing brain surgery and no mercy was shown to the audience with a lengthy reveal as to whether or not he was going back to his thuggish ways.

I now totally get why Morgan does have issues with Michael as the favorite.

To say nothing about Michael stealing his wife.  If the guy could act or was eye candy, I might be interested in watching him but the only thing that he seems to do is the occasional waving of his hands, whining and smirking.  Get a job or better yet - go back to college and finish your degree.

Lulu lost some good will points with her hair down and a mild case of baby rabies.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out Sabrina.

• Love 1
I miss big adventure umbrella storylines like that, where most of the cast was involved in one way or another.

Oh so do I, I really liked your ideas, so many characters that could be interacting and working together, a lot of it could easily write itself. Seeing people do more than just lie to Michael or sleep with Carly or get shot at, what a concept. And it'd also help to wrap up the notLuke nonsense, a win win in every way so of course it'll never come to pass. Ron wants us to suffer for his so called "genius".

It's not just that their characters aren't too bright, but none of the Corinthos are eye candy and their acting chops are substandard, the exception is small doses of   Dante.  I am so sick of the Corinthos family hour.  Next month there's only going to be yet more Corinthos - much more with the resurrection of Jason.  It seems like just yesterday, Jason was undergoing brain surgery and no mercy was shown to the audience with a lengthy reveal as to whether or not he was going back to his thuggish ways

You worded it perfectly. They've taken over the show and it's worse than ever before, I truly believe that and having Kiki at the center of things is probably why. She exasperates every single thing wrong with that group.

• Love 2

If they're intent on putting Morgan and Kiki back together, which it seems they are, it would have made a lot more sense to make their decision to keep this from Michael more rooted in the fact that they now both have ambivalent feelings about her relationship with Michael surviving, if that makes sense. Like if they were saying that keeping the secret was for Michael's benefit, but the clear subtext is that neither would see it as a fully bad thing if this blew up Michael and Kiki's relationship and gave Morgan and Kiki an excuse to reunite. That would at least make sense. It might make them look less sympathetic, but it would also make them look less unbelievably stupid. It wouldn't have been hard to set up. 

• Love 1

I actually liked the episode today. I think Lante are cute and I'm glad they are staying home.

Liz and Sam with Jason wasn't that bad. My big pet peeve is all the medical people giving a 2 y/o A) candy in general and B) suckers that are a choking hazzard. Medical people don't give out suckers they give stickers.

I know I sit alone but Carly and Sonny trying to get Michael to go to the island was cute too. Michael is trying to be an adult but sometimes you humor your parents b/c they are your parents and that is what he did. Plus they acted like it was just a long weekend not very long. Heck I'd love my parents to send me away for a few day  is paradise for free....bonus points for Michael b/c maybe Kiki will get eaten by a shark!

I do agree the AJ reveal is coming quickly and then Michael will feel betrayed by them ALL. I think it is a setup for MicRo b/c Rosalie will be the only one Michael feels he can trust.

and of course any day with Nathan is a MEOW! good day.

I can't add to this because I agree with everything you said.  I feel the same.

I don't see any anger lasting that long myself. Michael's entire existence has hinged on Carly and Sonny and even if he wants to "be a Q", not that there's much left to that all things considered, he'll eventually go back to loving those two idiots, Ron will make it so.

Yes eventually, that may be true, but since RC is quite comfortable tabling storylines for months and months (AJ's trial), I can see Michael hating his family gone on for quite a while.  

Not to mention they've included Kiki and Morgan and frankly I think Ron would rather, and will, put a lot of the emphasis on them knowing the truth and keeping it from Michael so that they can then "console" each other when Michael pulls away feeling so very betrayed and alone, and oh who else would be waiting to ease his pain but the convenient Rosalie. It's all so very plot by numbers and filled with sheer laziness on Ron's part imho.

Well anything that gets him away from Kiki would be a good thing.  She sucks the life and fun out of any character, and Michael does have chemistry wtih Rosalie.  In just one episode away from Kiki, Michael almost gets killed and has sparks with Rosalie.  He hasn't had any of that type of exciting story since he got saddled with Kiki.  Now she's back to being Morgan's problem.  Oh well

I kinda wonder if Chad is leaving the show. They're setting it up so that EVERYONE has betrayed him. I can picture Michael high-tailing it out of town.

No.  I like Chad and I like his portrayal of MIchael, and a number of storylines for him are building up.  I think the Qs are coming back (I hope), and Michael needs to be the one to spearhead that charge.  If Jason wakes up more amicable to his Quartermaine roots, that will bring him back to the fold too.  I just hope that CD and BM have even an ounce of the chemistry CD had with SBu.  I am very leery about BM as Jason.  I think he was miscast.

So if Snarly believed that the hitman came after Michael because he is Sonny's son, what makes them think that they won't come after Morgan who is Sonny's son, too.  Perhaps because they think that Morgan is disposable. I now totally get why Morgan does have issues with Michael as the favorite.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Morgan is fine, and no hitman has come after him since Michael's attempted hit.  Also, I have no doubt that both Morgan and Dante would have bodyguards watching them that they may not know about.  I don't believe at all that Morgan's welfare is not as important as Michael's.  Even yesterday when Carly found out about the hit, she was railing against Sonny about her SONS, plural, and them not being caught in the cross-fire.  Carly's an idiot regardless.  She put both her sons in the mob world, and that means that they will always be targets.

If they're intent on putting Morgan and Kiki back together, which it seems they are, it would have made a lot more sense to make their decision to keep this from Michael more rooted in the fact that they now both have ambivalent feelings about her relationship with Michael surviving, if that makes sense. Like if they were saying that keeping the secret was for Michael's benefit, but the clear subtext is that neither would see it as a fully bad thing if this blew up Michael and Kiki's relationship and gave Morgan and Kiki an excuse to reunite. That would at least make sense. It might make them look less sympathetic, but it would also make them look less unbelievably stupid. It wouldn't have been hard to set up. 

I don't think Morgan's reasons for lying to Michael are stupid or unfounded.  Morgan is afraid of losing his family to this secret, and he will.  It will destroy every relationship he currently has right now, except with Dante.  Both his parents will go to jail, and his brother may end up hating him.  I know some would love for Carly and Sonny to go to jail, but if you look at it from the character's perspective, it scares Morgan.  He's afraid of losing everyone he loves and that's what is motivating him to lie to Michael.  Kiki just lies because it's a second skin for her.

Yes eventually, that may be true, but since RC is quite comfortable tabling storylines for months and months (AJ's trial), I can see Michael hating his family gone on for quite a while.

That is true but he has also shown that he'll let plenty happened "off screen" when it's convenient. I think Michael's hate/hurt will last until Ron gets bored/thinks of something even worse to write or an actor leaves frankly, those two reasons are all that ever seem to move things along on the show anymore.

I think about how Dante suddenly went from hating Sonny's guts, and rightfully so, to being all "Gee Dad, thanks for taking a bullet for me, this totally wipes the slate clean from the time you put a bullet in me". Or how Morgan can claim Sonny doesn't hurt woman or that he has some bloody nonexistent code of honour he keeps to and would never break his word, his word is his bond apparently, even though Sonny has hurt, lied to, betrayed and generally ruined the kid's life since birth.

Ron will write people suddenly liking Sonny again, end of story they just got over it whatever, whenever it suits his purpose. I won't even get into the whole Carly having conflicted feelings about him again because it's early and I would like to not lose my appetite for breakfast.

I don't believe at all that Morgan's welfare is not as important as Michael's

Frankly they suck at caring that much about Michael's general well-being just as much when you think about it. They only freak out when they have to because apparently Sonny is only in the mob when someone other than him takes a shot at his kids and suddenly the bodyguards spring up like wild daisies for a week or two. These two are the most absentminded, selfish, self centered and self absorbed "parents", and I use that term as loosely as they use their morals, ever.

So Morgan's physical welfare is debatable right along with Michael's but as far as his emotional welfare goes...?

Well...Carly basically wanted him to hand Kiki over to Michael on a silver platter because he just liked her that damn much, and then Sonny blew his heart and trust to bits when he exposed his dirty little secret at the engagement party. Not to mention the whole Sonny screwing Ava in a crypt business of which less said the better.

Ron just wants to use Kiki and Morgan keeping the secret from Michael as an excuse to give her and Michael a "break", imho, putting any real effort or thought into it beyond that just isn't his style.

He'll come up with more crap on the fly along the way, probably more of Rosalie eavesdropping and then running to Michael and then she and Kiki will end up battling and Morgan and Michael "pick sides" and then before you know it someone else is pregnant and I just...it's too exhausting to even get upset over, I know it'll end up being so bad it'll almost be funny.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

I can see him hating them off screen while we have Carly/Sonny 24/7 lamenting THEIR loss.

• Love 2