Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did Drew get to trick or treat with Scout?

Who is this Drew you speak of and how is he related to Scout?

58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Who is Scout with when Sam was all over Jason

MOnica, her real mother.

59 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Looks like Ryan is preparing to have Ava blamed for his killing spree to come.  Nice set up, but I'd really rather he put the blame on Carly.

I thought the rumours were that Mary Pat is found dead and Carly gets the blame and that Kiki is found dead and Ava gets the blame.  But they might have changed that.  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of history, is Sam ever going to tell Jason that Julian saved Danny's life?

This.  When he asked about previous costumes and Sam went through them all, I was like, wait a minute, Danny was sick for the first year so there likely wouldn't have been a costume that year.  But that's conveniently forgotten, because then we have to explain how Silas was there for Sam and that Julian saved Danny's life.  

51 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

And I thought she and Mac were on a cruise. 

She told Ryan that being away to hide from the Ryan stories, just made her mad that she wasn't there to spend time with James.  She was gushing about grandmother-hood which seemed to gross out Ryan! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Jason:  "I've never cut up a pumpkin before"  Me: is the show trying to see me that the sainted Jason never made a jack-o-lantern for Michael  All those years he kept AJ from being able to be with Michael because he said he was the better caretaker.

Jason:  "I've never cut up a pumpkin before, but I can cut up and totally dismember a human body and put it thru a meat grinder in under 20 minutes."

• Love 15
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Does Laura know how Carly tried to break up Lulu's marriage by prostituting a Quartermaine?

Lulu and Dante were not yet engaged when Carly had Brooke Lynn try to seduce Dante.  Plus, since 'emotionally fragile' Laura wasn't angry/upset about Carly's bestie Jason (a bio Quartermaine) having an affair and a son with Elizabeth while her beloved son Lucky was married to Elizabeth, I doubt she would be upset now about an incident the show considers ancient history. Anyway, she should know Carly's history with Bobbie and Tony, the Qs etc. because she was married to Luke when it was all going on.  I hope Laura was just projecting her own feelings about being catatonic in a mental hospital. 

• Love 3

So playing Jasam's crappy song over every scene is suppose to make me see some spark here?

I almost felt Kelly was trying way too hard today with the jokes/"acting funny" about candy and the jokes about costumes (which were all lies BTW).  "OMG the horror of eating candy and liking holidays"  But it's so funny how Jason hates these things.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, Hater said:

So playing Jasam's crappy song over every scene is suppose to make me see some spark here?

I almost felt Kelly was trying way too hard today with the jokes/"acting funny" about candy and the jokes about costumes (which were all lies BTW).  "OMG the horror of eating candy and liking holidays"  But it's so funny how Jason hates these things.

She was acting really weird.  I thought she must be drunk or something.   

• Love 4
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Did the show even remember that Laura was in a mental hospital herself for years?  Why can't her mental health initiative be about that?

Because it has to revolve around Carly, of course.

6 hours ago, LexieLily said:
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, since when have Laura and Felicia being this close of friends?  Recall how Felicia slept with your man, Laura.  And maybe show some loyalty to your actual BFF Lucy, Felicia!

I would buy that Laura/Felicia are civil or even friendly to each other in passing because their husbands are BFF's, and so are (or were) their daughters.

Same here, plus Felicia and Luke were years ago.

Jason was "way over [his] head" carving pumpkins and being a father with his own kids. Pathetic, and disgusting. Maybe if he spent more than the occasional holiday with his kids he'd have a better idea how to interact with them. And yeah, it's weird that everyone crows how well he raised Michael and now all of a sudden he's helpless and inept. Ugh.

• Love 3

Also Burton is incredibly odd around children and normally I would say this is in character for Lassie but like @dubbel zout said "he raised Mykill and was so good at it."  Yet, he has zero acting vibe with these two little boys.  Strange.

• Love 2

I have not posted here in ages. This show sucks so much it isn't funny. I haven't watched in months. I view clips every now and then when Scout pops up.

My fave Sam is in timeout. Jason came back and all of her growth and the last 5years have left the building. Until Jason dies again or Sam gets an excorsim, I can't defend her shit.

Drew is in hell. They need to give him his damn memories already. Eeyore better die.

Scout is still my baby. Hopes she gets to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with her father.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, rur said:

I'm going to get psychological, even though I'm sure the show didn't: I'm telling myself that he dressed up as his dad in hopes that dad would like it and spend some time with him. After all, he's seen how other dads actually spend time with their kids.

Totally.  Danny is so desperate for the attention of his bio dad that he dresses up like him hoping Jason will notice him.  Freud would have a field day.

7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

See fifteen years down the road when Scout is a (to whatever extent she can be) well-enough-adjusted and safe teenager, and Danny/Jake have been caught in the cross-hairs of mob wars and violence thanks to Jason. Or Franco.

Now that might actually be interesting. Unlike whatever today's show was.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Now that might actually be interesting. Unlike whatever today's show was.

I have my doubts the show will last another fifteen months, so unless they do a Lulu-style SORAS, we won't get to see child or teenage Scout.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

I have not posted here in ages. This show sucks so much it isn't funny. I haven't watched in months. I view clips every now and then when Scout pops up.

My fave Sam is in timeout. Jason came back and all of her growth and the last 5years have left the building. Until Jason dies again or Sam gets an excorsim, I can't defend her shit.

Drew is in hell. They need to give him his damn memories already. Eeyore better die.

Scout is still my baby. Hopes she gets to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with her father.

Sam has always lost her marbles when it came to Jason. She was always better off as a character for me when she is away from him and the Corinthoses.

Drew is in hell and I feel sorry for BM. They delayed his FD story for a year, they have him in another storyline propping two characters that no one cares about, they took his love interests away and gave them to Sonny and Jason, while he will most likely be paired with an actress he has absolutely no chemistry with.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Hater said:

Seriously. I'm used to seeing stories on ensemble shows that I'm not wild about; that's part of the bargain. But it's rare that I feel harassed by one. I never cared about these two even when they were freshly coupled, but nowadays the combination of trying too hard (the writing, the sheer number of scenes, and that beyond-tired music cue) and not trying hard enough (KeMo's somnambulism and SB's "I'd rather be shooting people" vibe) is making this something to dread. I almost think I'd rather watch Carly gloating about how awesome she is and how she somehow got Mary Pat's rent raised and her credit card canceled. At least that's infuriating, so I kind of care.  

And once again...Ryan really needs to start killing some people, or at least trying. Even Michael Myers eventually gets past the stalking and lurking and stabs people to death. I feel as though I've seen the same scene about two dozen times now, where Lulu or Felicia or someone is all "Kevin, your brother was a sick monster!" and he surprises them by offering a lukewarm defense. With all this buildup, I want some mayhem. There really aren't many people I'd miss.

1 hour ago, CreamedPeas said:

Someone, please, help me figure out why Kristina Wagner bugs the shit out of me every time I see her. Her voice maybe? 

I may have given her a wrong name. Felicia is who bugs me. 

One and the same, in my case. She's always been a poor actress with a grating delivery, but when she was younger, she got by with the cutesy mannerisms better. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

And once again...Ryan really needs to start killing some people, or at least trying. Even Michael Myers eventually gets past the stalking and lurking and stabs people to death. I feel as though I've seen the same scene about two dozen times now, where Lulu or Felicia or someone is all "Kevin, your brother was a sick monster!" and he surprises them by offering a lukewarm defense. With all this buildup, I want some mayhem. There really aren't many people I'd miss.

This! Ryan has been free in society for a month and aside from the mountainous spool of rope he bought and vaguely creepy dialogue to Felicia, he hasn't done anything! And the first people he is going to kill is a random dayplayer nurse and Kiki?

Ryan is a horrible serial killer and a horrible fake husband! LOL! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:
15 hours ago, Hater said:

Seriously. I'm used to seeing stories on ensemble shows that I'm not wild about; that's part of the bargain. But it's rare that I feel harassed by one. I never cared about these two even when they were freshly coupled, but nowadays the combination of trying too hard (the writing, the sheer number of scenes, and that beyond-tired music cue) and not trying hard enough (KeMo's somnambulism and SB's "I'd rather be shooting people" vibe) is making this something to dread.

I'm almost amused at how poorly the Jason/Sam "reunion" is being presented. It's all external. By that I mean we have that dumb music pop up every time they're together, as if that alone will have viewers swooning, and everyone else yammering on about how Sam and Jason are Meant to Be. The actual couple appears to not really care if it happens. And KeMo and SBu aren't exactly burning up the airwaves with chemistry these days. 

• Love 8

Observations from yesterday:

- Kiki is a brat.  She had zero problem with keeping Avery away from Ava and yet acts like a petulant child when Ava gives as good as she gets?  How soon til she runs into Ryan's rope/pick ax/baseball bat/whatever (not picky).

- Speaking of Ava, I'm so very, very tired of the dogpile on her 24/7.  Felicia?  It's none of your business if "Kevin" treats her.

- I'm not a Star Wars fan, so at first I thought Charlotte was dressed as Joan of Arc, which would be so very Charlotte-y of her.

- LOL at Nina yelling about Valentin somehow causing the weather.  That was his father, Neens.

- Was Sam wasted at Jason's, because she was acting like it.  Those scenes were just atrocious for all the reasons.  And that Danny actor?  Whoa, boy, so bad.

• Love 8

The show really needs to pull back on Carly. She's the biggest shrew on soaps right now.   Kudosthough for having Ryan tell her off about the patient next door.

Someone other than Cameron needs to call Oscar on his b.s.  You want to fight something?  Fight the cancer. You want to go with quality of your life? Go on a road trip with your father.  Oscar is even more annoying than he usually is.  You're supposed to make me feel for Oscar, not wanting him to kidnapped and forced into the trial.

Laura, don't be an idiot. No sleep study runs over five nights.

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

So many people on the list ... Ryan really needs to get to work on it.  Maybe he can kill Ava and pin it on Carly, he certainly had that gleam in his eye as he overheard them talking.

The head among the apples was good though.

• Love 6

The show clearly wants me to think that Ned's a jerk for assuming he's got the election in the bag, but like...Laura left town for a better part of a year. She wasn't there to see the devastation from the earthquake and to deal with rebuilding efforts. That was all Ned, putting in time on behalf of his constituents. Really don't think he's the bad guy here for thinking he has a leg up on Laura's slapdash campaign.

Listening to Drew describe Oscar and Scout as his entire world and hearing the lengths he's willing to go to spend time with his son sure is special. Especially in light of yesterday's "someone teach me how to approximate being a father for these children who call me dad" performance from Jason.

Somebody should try tapping "STFU" and "MYOB" in Morse Code across Carly's thick skull and see if that gets through to her. I'm so tired of her sticking her nose in everywhere.

Tough luck, Mary Pat. #ShouldhavebeenKiki

• Love 11

So, over on Spoon Island, there's a giant storm with wind and rain and thunder and lightning, enough to knock the power out and to force Nina to spend the night.  But across the harbour, five minutes away, on the pier, there's Cam and Joss hanging out, no rain, no thunder no lightning, nothing.  Guh.  Pay attention to your own show, people.  

• Love 11

Can we stick Kim and Oscar in a box and ship them back to San Diego. I'll pay the shipping fee.

Drew wants to be a father to his children because they are the most important thing in his life. Jason apparently forgot how to be a parent, even though he was the awesomest father who ever awesomed when he was Michael's father. Carving a pumpkin? Changing clothes? Eww, candy! Please go back to being dead. 

Why is Ned being touted as being the bad guy in this mayoral race, exactly? We have no idea how he has handled himself since the writers stuck him back into the closet after the earthquake. And he was apparently focused on fixing that mess. And Olivia was a great first lady. I'm all for female power, but there's nothing I hate more than a bunch of women getting together to snark at someone, in this case for no real reason. And why is Lulu the one covering her mother's fundraiser or anything related to her mother who is now running for election? 

Nina and Valentine are barfworthy. 

• Love 7

I haven't seen today yet, but one of the worst things about the teen-with-cancer story has been the botching of Oscar's point of view. They're writing him as though he finally has an excuse to act like a smug little brat and he's grabbing it with both hands. Like, "At last, I can tell this overbearing bitch what I've always thought of her." At times in the scenes with Kim and Drew, he's acted gleeful about being able to bring them up short. Where on earth would that be coming from? He has been written as having a very loving relationship with his mother, and getting along very well with his father in their limited time. And...you know. Dying! It's not a victory, Oscar.   

It's half the writing and half the actor's inexperience, I think. I keep looking for signs that his brain tumor is affecting his personality, but that doesn't seem to be the way they're going with it. They seem to really want us to get his point of view and not to feel anyone is in the wrong.

I do think Kim was wrong for not telling him all along, but his response has been excessive.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 14

Asp Burger, I totally agree about Oscar. I also meant to comment yesterday about Maxie and Peter watching reruns of The Brady Bunch while enjoying her birthday cake. Why is she acting like a 7th grader with her first crush?! She’s a grown woman, a widow, “mother” of two children and acts like a child? Grow the hell up, woman.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Asp Burger, I totally agree about Oscar. I also meant to comment yesterday about Maxie and Peter watching reruns of The Brady Bunch while enjoying her birthday cake. Why is she acting like a 7th grader with her first crush?! She’s a grown woman, a widow, “mother” of two children and acts like a child? Grow the hell up, woman.

LW's boyfriend is just that tempting.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LillyB said:

Drew is making me a bit weepy because he really is trying to be a good dad to his kids unlike his twin.

Also, he was a better/in-tune dad to nephew-formerly-son Jake for Jake's birthday than his twin. Jake and Danny know Uncle Drew loves them.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Linny said:

Listening to Drew describe Oscar and Scout as his entire world and hearing the lengths he's willing to go to spend time with his son sure is special. Especially in light of yesterday's "someone teach me how to approximate being a father for these children who call me dad" performance from Jason.

I know, right? The irony is that Jason actually has raised a child, whereas Drew came to it late in the game. Good lord, it's so stupid.

6 hours ago, Perkie said:

So, over on Spoon Island, there's a giant storm with wind and rain and thunder and lightning, enough to knock the power out and to force Nina to spend the night.  But across the harbour, five minutes away, on the pier, there's Cam and Joss hanging out, no rain, no thunder no lightning, nothing.  Guh.  Pay attention to your own show, people.  

LOL. Clearly Spoon Island is its own microclimate.

4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I do think Kim was wrong for not telling him all along, but his response has been excessive.  

Why hasn't anyone told him that the drug trial will help others? Not to derail things, but I have stage IV colon cancer, and if the time came where a drug trial was my only option, I'd do it even if it didn't help me. I feel like I have an obligation to pay it forward, as it were, given that my current treatments were discovered because of the bravery of previous patients. Death gets us all, just sometimes it's sooner than we want.

The writers really botched it by having Kim not only keep his illness a secret from Oscar but apparently left him untreated until now. WTF is that about? It's negligence, to say the least.

3 hours ago, Barb1959 said:

Is there anyone that did not know that Mary P was under the apples?

Carly's scream cracked me up. As if she'd be that freaked out. The more realistic reaction would be for her to draw back and say, "Ew!"

• Love 8

I'm suspending disbelief (didn't the person who put the water and apples in the barrel notice the head/dead body???) because it was good, soapy fun.  Here's what I'm wondering: will Carly rightly get questioned?  And if she does, will she get all snotty and indignant and make herself seem like the victim?  The second question is rhetorical, obviously.

Other thoughts:

There's no way in two days Laura is surging.  God, I hate the depictions on this show.  Also, trying to act like Ned is somehow remiss in his mayoral duties because he hasn't investigated Ferncliffe (reminder: state facility) simply because Carly was "traumatized" when she was sentenced there when she tried to con the system?  Fuck off, show.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The writers really botched it by having Kim not only keep his illness a secret from Oscar but apparently left him untreated until now. WTF is that about? It's negligence, to say the least.

Oscar's soap opera illness doesn't cause him to feel bad, either.  If he were suffering from symptoms, he might be more interested in the drug trial.  You'd think such a serious illness would make it impossible to work or walk around town complaining about everything but headaches and the like.  

Another thing that is annoying is the pressure on Alexis to drop his case, as if there are no other lawyers and his case depends entirely on Alexis taking it.  Both sides sitting down with lawyers could help - them having one while Oscar doesn't would just make him feel ambushed and harden his stubbornness.   

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Oscar's soap opera illness doesn't cause him to feel bad, either.  If he were suffering from symptoms, he might be more interested in the drug trial.  You'd think such a serious illness would make it impossible to work or walk around town complaining about everything but headaches and the like.  

Another thing that is annoying is the pressure on Alexis to drop his case, as if there are no other lawyers and his case depends entirely on Alexis taking it.  Both sides sitting down with lawyers could help - them having one while Oscar doesn't would just make him feel ambushed and harden his stubbornness.   

That's a good point. If some doctor told me I had a disease and I was going to die in a year, but in the meantime I would feel just great until I plopped over dead one morning, and I had the choice of staying in a hospital and doing trials or just living life for a year, I would choose life. Of course, I would also max out my credit cards travelling the world and hoping the doctor wasn't scamming me so that I would be in debt the next fifty, instead of being a busboy and moping or whatever.

But, if the same doctor said, you're going to die in a year and I already felt like crap, I would probably try the trials.

• Love 8

This whole story is so, so terrible on every level. TFGH, of course.

ETA: The only decent part is Drew wanting to stay connected to Oscar even as Oscar pushes him away. You know Jason would back off, given his live-and-let-live credo. And that fact that Jason is a crappy person in general.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly's scream cracked me up. As if she'd be that freaked out. The more realistic reaction would be for her to draw back and say, "Ew!"

You know who also probably dismembers bodies, Carls?  Your saintly hitman BFF.  And your former fiancée the SERIAL KILLER.

• Love 9

My response to Sasha being a fake?  Go Sasha!  I fully support anyone taking Nina, Valentin, and Kiki for a ride.  Make that money, girl!  I will also mail the studio $5 if Valentin notes that he hired Sasha because of her resemblance to Britt.

And I'm always supportive of characters making Carly miserable.  Ryan setting out to frame her for Mary Pat's murder is *chef noise* perfection.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

Kevin: Carly, the patient in the room next to you is exactly where he belongs.

Carly: But how do you know?

Me: Because he's a psychiatrist you dipshit! (even if he's really Ryan at this point).

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I'm always supportive of characters making Carly miserable.  Ryan setting out to frame her for Mary Pat's murder is *chef noise* perfection.

It was masterfully done, especially the way Ryan drew in Laura to corroborate Carly's threats (even if Laura worked too hard to give Carly mitigating circumstances). Too bad nothing bad will come to Carly, but any pain caused to her is worthwhile.

• Love 10

Man, if Ryan went on a murder spree of people he could conceivably frame Carly as having killed, he could wipe out most of the town!

Carly: Why would I have killed that waitress?

Detective Chase: ...because you screamed at her for an hour when she screwed up your order about how you were Mrs. Corinthos and you would wreck her life?

Carly: Oh...right...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

My response to Sasha being a fake?  Go Sasha!  I fully support anyone taking Nina, Valentin, and Kiki for a ride.  Make that money, girl!  I will also mail the studio $5 if Valentin notes that he hired Sasha because of her resemblance to Britt.

I'm conflicted, because though Ryan was an asshole breaking up with Laura, it is safer for her for them to be apart. And, like you said, framing Carly for Mary Pat's murder is just the icing on the cake.

At this point Nina fully deserves Valentin and whatever heartache that comes with being with him. How many times has he lied to her?

• Love 6

Chase: "The head has been identified as Mary Pat Ingalls."
Nina, pointing at the body on the floor of Ava's gallery: "And that's the rest of her?"

Hee. Sometimes MS does a really good job with line readings. This was one of those times. (I wish someone would tell her to stop saying "Zherome." It's usper annoying.)

Oh, Jordan. Way to ruin things by blaming Sonny for Mary Pat's beheading. Have you learned nothing from previous, inept accusations? And eying Ava for this? Oof. Go back to the police academy for a refresher on investigating.

• Love 6

Valentin doesn't learn, does he? What does he think will happen when his beloved Nina finds out he's lied to her? This guy is the biggest dumbass on the show and that's saying a lot. 

Carly: I'm glad she's dead.

Carly has no empathy at all. Mary Pat wasn't exactly sunshine and roses, but does anyone deserve to be beheaded and have their body treated in this manner? Carly has no compassion, no remorse for her actions or the awful things she says, but I'm supposed to think that somehow, this bitch is something of the moral compass of this show and that everyone must bow to her superiority? 

And it's not like she ever pays for anything. And Ferncliff is nothing, all she had to do was stay in her lane until her mobster husband bought her freedom or her murderer BFF came into the building with guns blazing.

Whatever show. If you want me to feel some sympathy for Carly, maybe you don't have her be this vile, antagonistic person who is happy that another woman was beheaded for telling her to shut her mouth and comply with the rules.  

• Love 14

So, the Nina thinks that she has the right to go after Ava for saying something to Sasha. Did the Nina forget that she ripped baby Avery from Ava's body and then kidnapped said baby. I think that she lost all rights to bitch on Ava.

• Love 16

A couple of days ago Laura said something about Ned being Rocco's grandfather. It took me a long time to figure out how that happened.

Nina has no right to badmouth Ava after stealing her baby.  Out of her.

If Sasha isn't Nina's daughter, does that mean that Willow is?

My hat's off to Ryan, starting to pin Mary Pat's murder on Carly. claps Looks like Carly hasn't learned anything, doing that Queen of the Manor on Jordan now.

18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why hasn't anyone told him that the drug trial will help others? Not to derail things, but I have stage IV colon cancer, and if the time came where a drug trial was my only option, I'd do it even if it didn't help me. I feel like I have an obligation to pay it forward, as it were, given that my current treatments were discovered because of the bravery of previous patients. Death gets us all, just sometimes it's sooner than we want.

That's a good point. I hope you beat this.

I participated in a drug study because I thought I owed it to all the people who were in the Herceptin drug study and saved my life. It turned out that the new drug didn't help and made the side effects of the treatment worse but that's life.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

A couple of days ago Laura said something about Ned Rocco's grandfather. It took me a long time to figure out how that happened.

LOL, same here! Then it finally hit me, oh, right, Ned is married to Olivia, Rocco's grandmother. D'oh!

• Love 3