Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

I was thinking Nelle gives birth and passes out, Dr. O wanders off with the baby, conveniently is near Casa (who?), gives the Nelle baby to Brad.  Basically Dr. O is playing the part of Heather Webber in Baby Swap 2018.

By the way, how much longer is Chloe Lanier around for?  Are they going to rush through this before she goes?  Are they going to recast Nelle?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I'm thinking Nelle may do the  switch and then either leave town or die. She knows Michael set her up, if she takes the baby she can't go on the run and it's one last way to hurt him.

• Love 2

Another musing - I wonder if Brad will push for another name once the swap happens.  I remember that's what Jesse did on "All My Children" after he swapped his and Angie's dead baby.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, gp1999 said:

Line of the day: “Spread your scrawny legs”

I burst out laughing at that too!   I wonder of KG threw in 'scrawny' on her own.  I read that TG used to do things like that all the time.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

So, Michaels baby isn't the tock? that's unfortunate.

I wanted Avery to be Morgan's because Morgan is such a trainwreck that having a baby would have created more story. But Michael is already so dull, having a baby is just going to compound his dullness.

I guess that's why the writers didn't bother having the whos on to talk about their baby and their life and their family

I’m fine with Avery being Sonny’s. The thought of Morgan having a kid with someone as old as Ava would’ve made me sick 

Edited by gp1999
  • Love 1
(edited)

I didn't expect this, but I haven't been so pissed at a tock since Nurse Mary Kennicott Martin was murdered on AMC, and yes, that shows how long I have been watching soaps.

Edited by NutmegsDad
"Posses at a rock..." fuck you, autocorrect
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So they're going to make BRAD the bad guy and the Corinthii Clan the victims?  Give me a very large break.

As expected.  The Cortinthos shit + Lassie can never lose.

• Love 5
(edited)
48 minutes ago, gp1999 said:

Line of the day: “Spread your scrawny legs”

And it took Show this long to put Nelle and Dr. O in a scene together. Waste of potential. It was the best part of today's show.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 8

Carly: OMG, Jason! This is so horrific I can only tell you and we must never speak of it again. Being drugged and in that cell, for a couple days, it was the second worst thing to ever happen to me after Morgan's death!!

Jason: ... ... Um, you do remember I was drugged and confined to a wheelchair for FIVE years, and perhaps you might also recall that time you thought I was dead. Oh and by the way, we are best friends with Franco and he's totally cool now. 

• Love 15

It cracks me up that Sonny is apparently so desperate to get Carly out of Ferncliffe that he...sends his hit man to do the job. You'd think that they'd at least have both Sonny and Jason go, to show us how much Sonny loves Carly. Again I think Sonny is secretly relieved to not have to deal with Carly all the time. Heh.

I swear, with any other soap I’d think this is the beginning of a love story between Carly and Jason, and I’m halfway convinced they’re testing the waters. Carly and Sonny are played out, Jason and Sam are played OUT. The fallout (if done well, HA) could be really compelling!

• Love 10

Now, I understand why they’ve been keeping Lucas off canvas. Granted, he’s always off canvas but for this storyline I sort of get it. They couldn’t have Lucas see & hold his baby because he would know. Either, Nelle is going to switch the babies and split/die, help Brad do it or Brad does it all on his own. Hopefully, this will put Brad & Lucas front and center for years to come. That said, it will survive the first sweeps month and then it will be revealed.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, lizzbert said:

I swear, with any other soap I’d think this is the beginning of a love story between Carly and Jason, and I’m halfway convinced they’re testing the waters. Carly and Sonny are played out, Jason and Sam are played OUT. The fallout (if done well, HA) could be really compelling!

I was just coming to say, if this was a real soap opera, Jason and Carly would be on the verge of, if not an affair, at least a ONS.  I mean, they're on the run, holed up in a safe house, that's just soap math!  But this show would never, terrified of couple stans as they are, and it is sooooooo pathetic.

• Love 9

Wow, they went all out with the Big Rescue, didn't they? Slo-mo, dramatic music, location, night shooting! Good grief, it was all so stupid. Though I did enjoy getting a glimpse at the studio loading dock, parking lot, and exterior.

How often do seatbelts jam? It seems to happen all the time on TV and in the movies.

Dr. O's "Hmm. Can it be that you are...LYING?" to Nelle totally cracked me up.

It also cracked me up that Carly was contentedly snuggling up to Jason and he's staring off into the middle distance looking for all the world like he has no idea what is going on. Carly telling Jason how terrible Ferncliffe didn't move me at all. All Carly had to do was not rock the boat, but she had to get lippy with Mary Pat. She never acknowledges that 99 percent of the problems she gets into are her fault.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maybe the baby ends up not being Michael's and Brad and Lucas keep it, if it is given to them. 

It is going to be like what happened to Lucas. Cheryl's baby was stolen and Bobbie bought a baby on the black market. Robert was believed to be the father. When the truth was found out. Robert was the one who figured out that Bobbie had Cheryl's baby. Then they revealed that Julian and not Robert was the father. Eventually Cheryl ends up dying, and she leaves custody to Bobbie.

Michael is going to lose this baby and Brad/Lucas will end up with the baby. When someone finally realizes the truth (does anyone doubt it won't be Jason),  they will find out Michael is not the father. Somehow Brad/Lucas will keep the baby.

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Which is doubly annoying since Michael and Nelle's dumbassery caused their accident

Except they didn't. Dr O attack one of the guards which cause the other to swerve in front of Michael's car.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Dr. O's "Hmm. Can it be that you are...LYING?" to Nelle totally cracked me up.

It also cracked me up that Carly was contentedly snuggling up to Jason and he's staring off into the middle distance looking for all the world like he has no idea what is going on. Carly telling Jason how terrible Ferncliffe didn't move me at all. All Carly had to do was not rock the boat, but she had to get lippy with Mary Pat. She never acknowledges that 99 percent of the problems she gets into are her fault.

Did Carly ever ask about Michael and how he is doing given that she broke out of Ferncliffe to save him? It seemed to me that she was content to just snuggle i Jason's arms.

One of the few good things about Jason has been that he didn't want to be in Carly's bed. but maybe it's time to finally do that story.  Sonny/Carly are old and tired, there's no magic in JaSam any more and Carly's greatest joy in life is being with Jason while Jason was far more worried about her than her husband is.

The writing for Obrecht was great this episode and KG had fun with it, from her first checking on the drivers of the prison van to telling Nelle that she knows that she's a psychopath from the look in her eye, not because she herself sees it in the mirror but from the man she wasted her life on, to telling Nelle that she'll help her because something good can come out of something bad as Nathan proved.

How did Nelle not know what "bear down" means? We saw her in prenatal classes.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

Would Nelle or any woman wander off without her purse?  "Oh, I'll just grab this scarf which we need to put the baby in."  I don't know where she had her cellphone stashed.

I wonder if walking off without anything will lead her to Ava for one more, "Give me money, so I can get out of town, or I'll tell Griff about the DNA test."

If Jason truly had the keys, the headlights on the SUV wouldn't be on.   The door alarm wouldn't have gone off when Jason showed up to kick Franco out of the driver's seat unless there were keys.

The Corinthii really can't be held responsible for anything. It is amazing. Michael is having a knock down drag out fight with Nelle while behind the wheel of a moving car, swerving, his eyes totally off the road, with a baby on board, and the crash STILL isn't his fault. Conveniently at the exact same moment, Dr. O in her prison transport manages to attack one guard causing the other to swerve right into Michael. And the chosen one is saved from any wrong doing. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I thought they did a good job with the night shoot & outside “set” of General Hospital. I saw this picture from the night of taping. One question. Why do Howarth & Wright look normal & Burton looks like a Zombie?

347AF528-14AD-4E7E-87C6-E2DA336FA607.jpeg

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

I thought they did a good job with the night shoot & outside “set” of General Hospital. I saw this picture from the night of taping. One question. Why do Howarth & Wright look normal & Burton looks like a Zombie?

Because there's about 10 pounds of make up on his face every episode.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lizzbert said:

In theory, it seems the fallout could be really compelling, but then you have to imagine: (1) Endless scenes of Sonny stutter-barking about betrayal. (2) Endless scenes of Sam with watery eyes, sighing and mumbling (to Alexis, to Curtis, to Maxie, to Spinelli...hell, probably to Elizabeth) about how she really wanted Jason back, but things were just so crazy, and she was still recovering from being forced to work at a media company by the domineering ex-husband who didn't understand her, so she wasn't ready to make her move and flip the Jase-Bot's on-switch. Then her best friend in the whole world, Carly, did it! "God! I was so stupid!"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Maybe because Jason really is a zombie.  That would explain so much.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Linny said:

As soon as I saw Wiley fussing in his crib with that blanket so loosely wrapped around him, I knew where it was headed, and I'm honestly revolted that the show went there so quickly and made Brad culpable. It'd be one thing for the baby to die of natural causes, but having him die at the hands of Brad's negligence is a super shitty thing to do. Brad and Lucas are the one GH couple for whom it's a genetic impossibility to produce a child together, and they wanted this baby desperately, did everything they could to prepare for him, and still it ends in tragedy. And if that were the point (that no matter how prepared you are, terrible mistakes can still happen) I wouldn't be upset, but it's disappointing if all this is just to villainize Brad and have him cover the death up with a baby swap (not sure how he'll do that if the baby is already dead at his home, though).

14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh I didn't get the impression we were supposed to think Brad was negligent.  I mean, I know noooothing about caring for an infant, but if the baby was wrapped wrong (I saw people commenting on Twitter that the crib was too big as well), I figured it was a TV thing like the baby being bigger/older than it should be, etc.

And oh boy, painting Brad as negligent could lead to some ugliness from certain segments.  "See what happens when you give a gay man a child, he kills it in six seconds!".  Ew.

I agree with points that both of you made.

This show is so homophobic and bad, like what kinda dumb shit was all that? Their entire (and only) story for months has been becoming parents and the writers just kill the baby off like that? Even if its a fake out, it was still awful and gross on the writers' part.

• Love 3

The whole Brad & Lucas adopting a baby storyline is so bad. They were hardly on. When they were on it was one or the other (mostly Brad with Nelle) and, then Brad has the baby for a day and then this. WTF? Are Ryan or Perry even on contract? I don't think FV had too much of an invested interest in the storyline from the getgo.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm watching the Monday show now. Here's something that persistently bothers me about the unholy trinity (and sometimes Sam makes it a foursome), and it goes back many years: there's a gracelessness about them. Ava got "repaid" with the anonymously dropped off formula for The Treatment®, but there's never a moment when Carly or Sonny, however grudgingly, makes note that their precious Jason was in The Clinic in Russia™ for years, and probably still would be there if it were not for her helping him at great risk to herself. She had no knowledge of who he was; there was no benefit in it for her. Julian and the bone marrow donation, recently discussed, is another example. 

Then there was a repeat of the same self-absorption on Monday.  I kept expecting Carly or Jason, one or the other, to express a little bit of gratitude for Franco in the scene outside of his presence.  No matter how much they hate him or how many good reasons they have from years past to do so, without his assist, Jason never would have been able to infiltrate the place in time. (Although the jury will forever be out on whether ECT would have made Carly any easier to take). But instead, the beat that gets played is that Jason loves Carly enough even to join forces with the reprehensible Franco. It was almost as though he had to apologize to her for sullying her rescue. "Carly, I woulda done anything...to get you outta that place...even team up with Franco. I'm sorry. " 

So instead of these two jackasses marveling for a moment that, oh I don't know, you just never know who will come in handy (even if they were that mercenary in how they put it, I'd have been satisfied), the only point we have hammered for us is Jason's devotion.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Carly is out of Ferncliffe now, how are we going to find out who the mysterious patient next door is?

It's on the writers' to-do list, right after other dropped stories like whatever was going on with Alexis investigating Mikkos, Franco bothering the off-screen Webbers, and catching up with Liz's new friend Terry.

• Love 11

I'm already super-pissed about where this baby switch story is headed (and how we already know how it will end, ie Jason/Carly/Sonny getting another baby in their amoral clutches) and I'm expecting Jason to be awarded some kind of medal of honor for exposing the horrors of Ferncliffe, rather than getting his ass arrested for what he did, but I'm also LMAO at the ridiculous slo-mo effect they used when he and Carly finally made their way out of Ferncliffe.  Dear god, this show really sees them as super heroes.

• Love 7

And there could maybe be some good soapy drama to play here - a woman having to tear the baby he loves from her brother because it's really her son's - except that 1) Carly and Lucas have next-to-no on-screen relationship and 2) Carly is a heinous shrew.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Carly is out of Ferncliffe now, how are we going to find out who the mysterious patient next door is?

Somehow I don't see Carly having the wherewithal or empathy, even if she DOES remember it after the fog in her brain lifts, to tell Jason or anyone, hey, there was a someone in the room next to me talking to me in Morse Code and then I saw someone walking down the hall that vaguely looked like Kevin. I don't think she would care that much.

12 hours ago, ciarra said:

I wonder if walking off without anything will lead her to Ava for one more, "Give me money, so I can get out of town, or I'll tell Griff about the DNA test."

Is that a threat anymore? Everyone knows Heinrich is Peter. I know Ava seeing the DNA test is about Trust and Betrayal, but seeing as how Griffin didn't have permission to do the DNA test in the first place, he's hardly in a place to get uppity. I'm sure he will anyway, as he's a man, but I want this dumb thing to be moot at this point.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I kept expecting Carly or Jason, one or the other, to express a little bit of gratitude for Franco in the scene outside of his presence. 

Jason did thank Franco, reluctantly, before Jason and Carly sped off to the safe house. Carly was still pretty doped up, so her not saying anything wasn't glaring, IMO. 

51 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

I'm confused.  Carly was sent to Ferncliff through the courts, does she think that she is in the clear now and there will be no further consequences for all her stunts?? 

Yes. I'm sure Diane will sue Ferncliffe for unreasonable treatment or something made up like that, and of course she'll win and Carly will get the apologies of the court for going through that terrible ordeal THAT WAS HER FAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

• Love 7

I assume we'll find out that Elizabeth Hendrickson is EVUL and MEAN and has a TOTALLY UNFAIR grudge against the Corinthii and thus the charges will be dropped. 

Why that would get Jason off the hook for breaking into a medical prison and holding the staff at gunpoint...

Gawd, and then fuckin' Liz yesterday, being all proud of Franco for helping out.  She is ruined.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, blondiek237 said:

I'm confused.  Carly was sent to Ferncliff through the courts, does she think that she is in the clear now and there will be no further consequences for all her stunts?? 

Yes, because, in the Sonnyverse, breaking out of a court-ordered maximum psychiatric hospital not once, but TWICE, is acceptable if the staff is evil.

This is the same justification that allowed JaSam and Spinelli to break into the Swiss bank, although those oligarchs may find out anyway and the Evil Bank Manager may be disposable.

Now, if you excuse me, Sonny and Jason said I can go punch a Nazi like Captain America.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

The Corinthii really can't be held responsible for anything. It is amazing. Michael is having a knock down drag out fight with Nelle while behind the wheel of a moving car, swerving, his eyes totally off the road, with a baby on board, and the crash STILL isn't his fault. Conveniently at the exact same moment, Dr. O in her prison transport manages to attack one guard causing the other to swerve right into Michael. And the chosen one is saved from any wrong doing. 

If I could LIKE this post more than once, I would.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Yes, because, in the Sonnyverse, breaking out of a court-ordered maximum psychiatric hospital not once, but TWICE, is acceptable if the staff is evil.

Sonny broke out of a maximum-security prison and ended up getting pardoned because he saved some governor's daughter, so in his universe why wouldn't Carly be getting a medal for exposing the horrors of Ferncliff? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Sonny broke out of a maximum-security prison and ended up getting pardoned because he saved some governor's daughter, so in his universe why wouldn't Carly be getting a medal for exposing the horrors of Ferncliff? 

What horrors of Ferncliffe?  No on was tortured like Sonny and Jason do to their "enemies".  Mary Pat didn't even threaten to kill Carly like Jason would casually have done to his son''s grandfather Julian.

Carly said that she was insane and that is why she pushed Nelle down the stairs, the psychiatrist prescribed her a popularly-used anti-psychotic and Mary Pat administered it. After Carly attacked her to break out, Carly was put into a straight jacket because now she was a dangerous lunatic.

Yes Mary Pat taunted Carly but not nearly as much as Carly taunts everyone she doesn't like.

4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I'm watching the Monday show now. Here's something that persistently bothers me about the unholy trinity (and sometimes Sam makes it a foursome), and it goes back many years: there's a gracelessness about them. Ava got "repaid" with the anonymously dropped off formula for The Treatment®, but there's never a moment when Carly or Sonny, however grudgingly, makes note that their precious Jason was in The Clinic in Russia™ for years, and probably still would be there if it were not for her helping him at great risk to herself. She had no knowledge of who he was; there was no benefit in it for her. Julian and the bone marrow donation, recently discussed, is another example. 

Then there was a repeat of the same self-absorption on Monday.  I kept expecting Carly or Jason, one or the other, to express a little bit of gratitude for Franco in the scene outside of his presence.  No matter how much they hate him or how many good reasons they have from years past to do so, without his assist, Jason never would have been able to infiltrate the place in time. (Although the jury will forever be out on whether ECT would have made Carly any easier to take). But instead, the beat that gets played is that Jason loves Carly enough even to join forces with the reprehensible Franco. It was almost as though he had to apologize to her for sullying her rescue. "Carly, I woulda done anything...to get you outta that place...even team up with Franco. I'm sorry. "

It's the entitlement that all the Corinthii and their hangers-on have, even minor ones like Spinelli or Diana.  I find it sickening.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Is that a threat anymore? Everyone knows Heinrich is Peter. I know Ava seeing the DNA test is about Trust and Betrayal, but seeing as how Griffin didn't have permission to do the DNA test in the first place, he's hardly in a place to get uppity. I'm sure he will anyway, as he's a man, but I want this dumb thing to be moot at this point.

( don't see how it was ever a threat in the first place except in terms of how much Ava has become a doormat for Griffin to wipe his feet on.  It was Griffin's crime in the first place to break patient confidentiality; Ava just found out about it and recorded the fact.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What horrors of Ferncliffe?  No on was tortured like Sonny and Jason do to their "enemies".  Mary Pat didn't even threaten to kill Carly like Jason would casually have done to his son''s grandfather Julian.

Carly said that she was insane and that is why she pushed Nelle down the stairs, the psychiatrist prescribed her a popularly-used anti-psychotic and Mary Pat administered it. After Carly attacked her to break out, Carly was put into a straight jacket because now she was a dangerous lunatic.

Yes Mary Pat taunted Carly but not nearly as much as Carly taunts everyone she doesn't like.

Oh, I know, I was just using that phrase because of course that is what Sonny and Carly would think :)

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I assume we'll find out that Elizabeth Hendrickson is EVUL and MEAN and has a TOTALLY UNFAIR grudge against the Corinthii and thus the charges will be dropped. 

Definitely. They'll disgrace Margaux so the unholy trinity can come out ahead. She'll replace Nelle as the one for Carly to crap all over and project her issues onto. I'm sure Sam will return to being Carly's pathetic sidekick  bestie and go for Margaux's jugular as well. Brace for full on sexist bullshit via Sason.  

Its all so stupid. Margaux is supposed to have a grudge against the Corinthii. She's the DA and they're criminals, that's how it works. It should be the job of the entire PCPD and DA to bring Sason to justice always, any way they can. There needs to be, and used to be, a dividing line between Sason and the cops. Sure they AWLAYS make the Corinthii win, because a long time ago TPTB decided that making gross mobsters heroes was the way to go and they ruined the show. Don't tell them that though. They think they're geniuses. But at least give the cops and DA some spine. I miss Taggert treating Sonny like the piece of crap he is. Now we have cops walking on eggshells as to not offend or upset the magnificent Sonny. 

• Love 15
(edited)

And there's the swap.  Count on this show to give something I want - Baby Swap 2018 - with the worst possible execution.  Oh Brad, this is going to end sooo badly for you.

I can't remember the last time on a soap the parent of a dead child was the one who did the swapping, I feel like it's usually a third party, a la Todd and Heather in the Sam/Tea baby swap.  I mean, Jessica on OLTL kiiiinda, although it was one of her D.I.D. alters who did the job.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'd really like for the show to stop acting like two newborns are interchangeable, and that the loss of one won't be very impactful for Brad since there's another at the ready. I'd like for Brad to remember Britt and the fallout over Ben/Rocco and realize this is never going to end well for him. I'd like him to acknowledge that no matter how distasteful Michael/Sonny/Carly may be, Nelle's baby IS a member of their family and they DO have every right to claim him as such. And I'd like Brad to think about Wiley's birth mother, who is still within the window of revoking the adoption, and understand that this swap has ramifications for her, too. At the very least, she deserves to know the child she gave birth to has passed away.

Ryan Carnes slayed me with the emotions he showed when listening to Brad's voicemail, though, and that kind of on-point acting is keeping me hooked despite my misgivings with the story. I'm sure it will be equally as heartbreaking when Lucas learns the truth.

Edited by Linny
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The whole Brad & Lucas adopting a baby storyline is so bad. They were hardly on. When they were on it was one or the other (mostly Brad with Nelle) and, then Brad has the baby for a day and then this. WTF? Are Ryan or Perry even on contract? I don't think FV had too much of an invested interest in the storyline from the getgo.

The storyline's very weakness is it's dependence on the Brad character, who is portrayed by a weak actor.  The actor is incompetent to me, because on a show with killers, rapists, and mobsters, I've never been able to over come Brad's slimy history of lurking, leering, and attempting to blackmail Michael for sex.

I will never understand the utter laziness that matched Brad with Lucas, a character with a long, rich history and portrayed by a charismatic, competent actor.  Once they brought adult Lucas back, they should have invested the time in casting a new gay character.  To me, this is proof that they've never cared about the Lucas character (if the absence of air time isn't a clue), and leaves me disinterested in him as well.  Especially because he's either paired with slimy Brad or his mewling, cartoon-voiced wig of a mother.

They'll return to obscurity when Michael/Sonny/Carly/Jason get their baby back.

• Love 7
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'd really like for the show to stop acting like two newborns are interchangeable, and that the loss of one won't be very impactful for Brad since there's another at the ready. I'd like for Brad to remember Britt and the fallout over Ben/Rocco and realize this is never going to end well for him. I'd like him to acknowledge that no matter how distasteful Michael/Sonny/Carly may be, Nelle's baby IS a member of their family and they DO have every right to claim him as such. And I'd like Brad to think about Wiley's birth mother, who is still within the window of revoking the adoption, and understand that this swap has ramifications for her, too. At the very least, she deserves to know the child she gave birth to has passed away.

I mean, I guess we have to assume that Brad's in shock at the moment and some of these things will start hitting him.  But again it begs the question - how much screen time and POV is Brad going to get in this given how little he and Lucas have gotten so far?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7