Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 6/28/2018 at 11:42 AM, GBPackersfan said:

Ferncliff would be shut down for human rights violations, it certainly wouldn't be passing regulatory inspections in any way. Way to demean those with legit mental illness, and possibly deter someone from seeking help.

On the "up" side, nobody watches GH any more, so the damage will be minimal.

On 6/29/2018 at 6:03 AM, Perkie said:

I'm putting money on "dying in childbirth after confessing all her sins and setting poor widdle Carly free"

On 6/29/2018 at 11:23 AM, Sake614 said:

I'm fine with the first part, but can she please die BEFORE she confesses? 

Honestly, Chloe dying in childbirth and not confessing anything, or maybe even her last words being something to further implicate Carly, and then it turns her death was related to the fall in some way, would be SUCH a soapy twist and set up such a great, "Oh noes, how will Carly get out of this one?" storyline.

Which means they will never do it.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I cannot with the immense shoehorning to just get this alleged "super couple" to interact.  Suddenly Sam is at the boxing gym?  Gimme a break.  And, for real, your "true love" tells you he's considering running away to Canada with his supposed BFF and you barely blink--other than to low-energy say it's not a good idea?  No anger about him leaving his kids again, at the very least?  Sam: Doormat in Heels.

I could never stand how she was always written to be the best woman for Jason because she just let him do whatever he wants, no matter how it affects her.

• Love 8
(edited)

But that's the inevitable corollary of writing Jason, the Carly-enabling, brain damaged (but brain damaged to make him even better since Faison can't control him now), self-sacrificing hitman. Because Jason is perfect and never makes a mistake or does something wrong, the best woman has to be the one who lets him do whatever he wants.

ETA to clarity, Jason is perfect in-show. Not for real.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I can't decide who was more insufferable today: Carly, blaming Kevin for not breaking the law and reselling When Jason Met Carly or Spinelli for being jealous Sam isn't pining for his P.I. skills and literally celebrating not only her divorce but the fact she is breaking the law.

I love the holy trinity but the scene with Spinelli made no sense he had no problem with Drew when he was Jason 

• Love 3
On 6/29/2018 at 1:54 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It's insulting to the audience is what it is.  Lucas is the adopted son of Tony Jones and Bobbie Spencer and the biologial son of some random woman whom I know nothing about and Julian.  Julian was in the mob but is clearly trying hard to get away from all of that. He has purchased and is running a legitimate business and is a productive member of the community.  What a piece of crap he is!  Luckily, Lucas has that fine sister, Carly, son of proud mobster and convicted murderer Sonny Corinthos to write him a recommendation letter. Oh, and let's not forget that SHE FRIGGIN SHOT TONY! But none of that matters because Julian was in the mob and must stay away from the baby.  So glad that they do have fine, upstanding people in the family to make up for the garbage that is Julian.

Ugh.  Do you think the writers are wanting us to sympathize with Julian and see the ridiculousness of him being too horrible a person to be around the baby but Carly writing a reference? If not, these writers are even farther up Mo's butt than I realized to think Sonny and his family are anything close to being likable and admirable. 

Tony kidnapped Michael and then got away free and then Carly lost it and Julian wasn’t no saint he killed Carlos who was loyal to him just to save his ass 

Why would Chase bother bagging the flyer as "evidence" when he clearly thought it wasn't?

Why doesn't the PCPD lock down their evidence room?  It has the all the security of a yard sale.  I'm surprised people don't run into each other going in to rip things off.  First Curtis, now Sam. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Honestly, Chloe dying in childbirth and not confessing anything, or maybe even her last words being something to further implicate Carly, and then it turns her death was related to the fall in some way, would be SUCH a soapy twist and set up such a great, "Oh noes, how will Carly get out of this one?" storyline.

It would be great, and of course it won't happen. Nelle's story could be not only wrapped up but written so that there are actual, continuing consequences. 

10 minutes ago, gp1999 said:

the scene with Spinelli made no sense he had no problem with Drew when he was Jason 

Like pretty much everyone else. It's one of the inherent problems with these kinds of stories.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gp1999 said:

Tony kidnapped Michael and then got away free and then Carly lost it and Julian wasn’t no saint he killed Carlos who was loyal to him just to save his ass 

Doesn't change that the other people in Lucas and Brad's life are complete scum as well and the idea that it is only Julian who should have to swear to stay away from the baby is ridiculous.  Carly/Sonny are just as dangerous, if not moreso, and she wrote him the letter of recommendation.  

• Love 7

If that story about the birth mother only wanting respectable people to be around her child is true, then Carly admitting to shoving Nelle, pregnant with her grandchild, down the stairs and pleading not guilty by reason of insanity and being sentenced to Fernciffe should have killed that adoption blue dead.

I don't get the glee at finding the flyer and the invisible ink. Jason and Michael already believed Carly, Sam and Spinelli believe whatever Jason believes, and it's inadmissible as evidence because Sam stole it from lockup and the great PIs have their fingerprints all over it..

• Love 5

So glad that CL is leaving but... Do we know they will actually kill off Nelle?  TPTB seem to like the actress and might possibly leave the door open for when her film/primetime career doesn't take off.  Ugh.

Also, so sad to see DZ gone.  I really like him/Dante.  This fakakta show has so few good guys left.  Plus, he got so hot after ditching the Lisa Rinna haircut

• Love 2
22 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Yep. There's gonna be a reunion!!! Yuck. Nothing like catering your show to ten loud mouth twitter trolls. Jasam is the herpes of this show. Can't get rid of it. 

I have no horse in this race . . . I do think Jason is more popular than Drew/Sam. That said, everything about the writing has been such a mess. They could have done better by both couples.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If that story about the birth mother only wanting respectable people to be around her child is true, then Carly admitting to shoving Nelle, pregnant with her grandchild, down the stairs and pleading not guilty by reason of insanity and being sentenced to Fernciffe should have killed that adoption blue dead.

I don't get the glee at finding the flyer and the invisible ink. Jason and Michael already believed Carly, Sam and Spinelli believe whatever Jason believes, and it's inadmissible as evidence because Sam stole it from lockup and the great PIs have their fingerprints all over it..

All of it so true.   Julian should look like a saint right now compared to the Corinthos family.   And as Spinelli took out the flyer and started fiddling with his magic potions, I could not believe he was not wearing gloves.  What an idiot.

• Love 6

Does anyone know the CL timeline leaving the show? Did the Nelle storyline have to be sped up due to her leaving or did she give the show enough notice and it’s playing out as normal? 

5 hours ago, sas616 said:

And as Spinelli took out the flyer and started fiddling with his magic potions, I could not believe he was not wearing gloves.  What an idiot.

Not wearing gloves was the least of it: As soon as he put that stuff on it, it was tampering with evidence.

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Does anyone know the CL timeline leaving the show? Did the Nelle storyline have to be sped up due to her leaving or did she give the show enough notice and it’s playing out as normal? 

She didn’t renew her contract, but she could stick around to finish her story if everyone agrees. (I don’t know what the lead time  is for that stuff, but it doesn’t sound like anything came down to the wire.)

2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Wasn't the flyer useless as evidence once Sam stole it and took it off PCPD premises?

She could have snuck it back into the evidence room. They should have told Chase about the disappearing ink and have him or a PCPD tech mess with it. Keeps the chain of evidence intact and gives him something to work on.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Not wearing gloves was the least of it: As soon as he put that stuff on it, it was tampering with evidence.

She didn’t renew her contract, but she could stick around to finish her story if everyone agrees. (I don’t know what the lead time  is for that stuff, but it doesn’t sound like anything came down to the wire.)

I really don't think it was up to her; FV wouldn't give a two year contract to a newbie who they had been planning a big role for. On the off chance it was her choice, she probably gave notice months ago which is why the story went from Bobbie and Carly plotting against Nelle to oops, turns out Nelle had been in a mental hospital for a year and possibly killed some guy.

• Love 2

I actually like Becky Herbst, Billy Miller, and Roger Howarth in the same scene, theoretically...but Friday's dumb scenario (and dialogue to match) wasn't making it easy. Cringeworthy. I know we've all been round and round on the Franco topic, and some people fasten on things like him locking the guy in the dog crate, besides the brain tumor/serial-killing past, as the evidence that he's an unsuitable love interest for Liz. But the "good" Franco's toxic insecurity alone should make Liz want to scoop those kids up and run for the hills. "Why is Drew in the living room? Is he trying to talk Liz out of marrying me?" Then he's jealous of someone she kissed when she was 12? Really?

Imagine being with someone who needs that kind of constant reassurance. If she says a cross word to him about failing to take out the garbage, he might talk himself into thinking she doesn't love him anymore, go on a bender, and end up in bed with Ava. 

They're writing something they think is endearing, and it's just...well, not.  

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

. . .Franco's toxic insecurity alone should make Liz want to scoop those kids up and run for the hills. ". . . .Imagine being with someone who needs that kind of constant reassurance. . . . They're writing something they think is endearing, and it's just...well, not.  

If the writers truly believe that those actions are endearing him to the watchers, then they need to turn in their pens. Franco's behavior is a precursor to someone being locked in a basement so she will never leave. Kind of ironic that they're flogging him in this storyline while Kiki is having her Me Too moment. And I believe TPTB are tone-deaf enough to not realize it.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

giphy.gif

• Love 2

I know she's a villain but Obrecht provides some of the funniest moments on the show: ["He has a theory"] "So did Aristotle until Newton." ["Did you steal those too?"] "Of course not, I kept the receipts for tax purposes."  "..which I will post on social media so everyone can read it".  I love how she's just half a beat off from the rest of the world.

But Shut up Nina, Let Obrecht speak at the baby shower for her grandchild. (Although thank you for wearing Canadian colours the day after Canada Day.)  And STFU Bobbie about Nelle after what Carly did when she rolled into town. She destroyed your marriage, in case you've forgotten as well as a number of other people's lives like AJ, Robin and the other Qs.

Maxie figured out that Sam is working for Jordan. She's smarter than Sam, Lulu, Curtis (after that idiotic ankle remark and thinking they could find evidence of Peter in the laundry cart)  and all of the Corinthos group put together. (Sonny: "Can Diane take this to the judge?" No dummy, she stole it from lockup, the judge would throw Sam in jail.)

But I'm really tired of Peter being held at the cabin.  WR just isn't that interesting shouting at Liesl and I'm over Nina's hand-wringing. I'm even bored with Liesl's taunting. Time to move on, show. Calling that enhanced interrogation is an insult to everyone who experience the real "enhanced interrogation" at Gitmo.

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She could have snuck it back into the evidence room. They should have told Chase about the disappearing ink and have him or a PCPD tech mess with it. Keeps the chain of evidence intact and gives him something to work on.

They would have to use the same stuff to reveal the ink otherwise there would be traces of a third substance on the paper. But mostly I hate the idea of turning Chase into a mob tool.

But Jason and Sonny are wrong that Nelle slipped up with the flyer.  She would more likely have been caught if she had returned to pick it up. There was no reason other than plot contrivance for Chase to log it as evidence.

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

some people fasten on things like him locking the guy in the dog crate, besides the brain tumor/serial-killing past, as the evidence that he's an unsuitable love interest for Liz.

I know that for some this justifies not redeeming Franco. But after seeing the pictures of real children in real chain link cages, the TV show plot point has lost any punch for me.

• Love 1

Has this show reached worse than summer 2015 levels?

Peter sweating it up in a cabin.

Carly doing push ups.

Figuring out how to dismantle Nelle's not so master plan.

And I thought it was dumb before but I never thought Steve looked ridiculous in that black tee. He really, really does now. It's gotta go.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They should have told Chase about the disappearing ink and have him or a PCPD tech mess with it. Keeps the chain of evidence intact and gives him something to work on.

But then again, Dianne said that all it would do is give Carly a motive for pushing Nelle, not exonerate Carly. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Was there a point today to Lulu at the Quartermaines? Writing an article about it for Dante?

I can see why they couldn't add more scenes to set up his exit though. Those were some crucial scenes with Peter and the boy scout.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Lemme get this straight. Sonny had to ask Dante to pull some strings so that he can go and see Carly, but Nelle can just go and waltz in there?

Drew is in NYC for Aurora business, or we don't want him in scenes with Jason and Sonny.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Was there a point today to Lulu at the Quartermaines'? Writing an article about it for Dante?

I can see why they couldn't add more scenes to set up his exit though. Those were some crucial scenes with Peter and the boy scout.

Technically, she is Michael's family since Carly is her cousin. The fact that anyone allows Sonny to set foot in that house is what I find crazy. If he murdered my son, I'd shoot him the second he set foot on my property and claim "stand your ground".

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Lemme get this straight. Sonny had to ask Dante to pull some strings so that he can go and see Carly, but Nelle can just go and waltz in there?

Drew is in NYC for Aurora business, or we don't want him in scenes with Jason and Sonny.

I think that guard is now on the Corinthos payroll and allows anyone to see Carly and let her call the shots.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Technically, she is Michael's family since Carly is her cousin. The fact that anyone allows Sonny to set foot in that house is what I find crazy. If he murdered my son, I'd shoot him the second he set foot on my property and claim "stand your ground".

Seriously, nothing pisses me off more than Sonny being in that living room.  HE MURDERED THE HOMEOWNER'S SON!!!!

• Love 15

In total agreement with how gross it is that Sonny is let within a ten mile radius of that house. Which reminds me, where was Monica? And what a missed opportunity not to do it when Drew was there to get the tension going with Jason. Anyway...

Yesterday I watched "The Snake Pit" with Olivia de Havilland on TCM. Great movie, her performance is incredible. In it she has a nervous breakdown and is put in a mental institution. Her husband is sweet and supportive but she forms a bond and trust with the doctor in there. She relies on him and through his gentle, caring, consistent approach he gets her to deal with past trauma and death. In time she even forms bonds with the women inside and helps them too. At the end she's able to heal and leave with her husband. I wish the writers were giving us something a la "The Snake Pit" with Kevin and Carly. Not the ominous, mystery patient next door shtick, where once again the respectable, medical professional is anything but. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

And I thought it was dumb before but I never thought Steve looked ridiculous in that black tee. He really, really does now. It's gotta go.

Well he looks like shit in a suit as we witnessed weeks ago.  Maybe he can change the color of his shirt. 

Edited by Hater

Putting Jason in a black T shirt is like putting him with Sam without any writing for them -- trying to regain the "glory" days without putting any effort into it.

28 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

In total agreement with how gross it is that Sonny is let within a ten mile radius of that house. Which reminds me, where was Monica? And what a missed opportunity not to do it when Drew was there to get the tension going with Jason. Anyway...

Monica was "in surgery".   I like LC but as frail as she looks at the moment, it's ridiculous that Monica is going to be standing in surgery for hours at a time.

As for Drew, I don't think they want any tension with Jason no matter how soapy it would be.  Jason gets handed Sam on a platter because he doesn't have time for any kind of triangular tension, he has to save Carly and Michael.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Putting Jason in a black T shirt is like putting him with Sam without any writing for them -- trying to regain the "glory" days without putting any effort into it.

Monica was "in surgery".   I like LC but as frail as she looks at the moment, it's ridiculous that Monica is going to be standing in surgery for hours at a time.

As for Drew, I don't think they want any tension with Jason no matter how soapy it would be.  Jason gets handed Sam on a platter because he doesn't have time for any kind of triangular tension, he has to save Carly and Michael.

Oh I must've missed the in surgery part, thank you. I was alternating between play and FF so much I must've cut it off lol 

The black t-shirt is a perfect metaphor for what Jason's entire character has become in this show. Gloomy, repetitive, boring, and ill-fitting. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

So you want to get rid of the trademark of Jason? At this point it would be weird to see him in any other color 

46 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

The black t-shirt is a perfect metaphor for what Jason's entire character has become in this show. Gloomy, repetitive, boring, and ill-fitting. 

Well put.

8 minutes ago, gp1999 said:

So you want to get rid of the trademark of Jason? At this point it would be weird to see him in any other color 

Well, if there's no hope of getting rid of actual Jason...

And it wouldn't be nearly so weird if this character didn't have "trademarks" in place of an actual personality.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, gp1999 said:

I think grey or dark blue would be fine. Maybe a jacket. A black shirt with 3/4 sleeves.

• Love 2

Jason, Sam didn't "borrow" evidence from the PCPD. She stole it. And given that the description probably doesn't mention a now-visible message, I doubt putting it back and Diane subpoenaing it is going to be that useful. Though in Port Charles, who knows.

Hasn't Carly yelled to her neighbor that she doesn't know Morse code? I know she has her burner phone with the translator app (heh), but the neighbor doesn't know that.

Wyatt the PC scout is an asshole. I'm fine with him not doing something to help LWB/FS himself, but since when would a kid refuse to tell an adult about finding someone tied to a bed in a deserted cabin? What an idiotic plot point.

LOL that Sonny tells Michael, "I hope to hell you know what you're doing," and Nelle is standing right there. And again, I don't understand how marrying Nelle is going to expose her. Does he think Nelle will spill the beans during pillow talk?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason, Sam didn't "borrow" evidence from the PCPD. She stole it. And given that the description probably doesn't mention a now-visible message, I doubt putting it back and Diane subpoenaing it is going to be that useful. Though in Port Charles, who knows.

I don't know what was so hard about them going to Chase and letting him know that they think the flier was written in invisible ink. He could have given that to the lab tech and they would have done their job. Did this happen before Dante's exit? I don't remember. In any case, shit like this grates.

13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wyatt the PC scout is an asshole. I'm fine with him not doing something to help LWB/FS himself, but since when would a kid refuse to tell an adult about finding someone tied to a bed in a deserted cabin? What an idiotic plot point.

Yes, he was. But you know, he'll have to come back for his trumpet, so we will be treated to more bad acting.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

. But you know, he'll have to come back for his trumpet,

The kid was all about the trumpet when he walked in, but he didn't notice that he left without it?  Also why was it under the chair in the corner?  Wouldn';t he have set it down on the table?  So stupid.  

• Love 5

Yeah, I know Lulu is Michael's family but she never usually gets invited to his family meetings. And speaking of that, they had Olivia, Lulu, Sonny and Michael all in a room at the same time and they don't write a minute scene where they mention that Dante left. I'm gonna borrow one of teevee's eyerolls.

• Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

Has this show reached worse than summer 2015 levels?

Don't tempt me to watch

It is a shame though. Every time I check in I think Van Etten has talent and some good ideas amidst 90% awful characters and stories.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously, take ALL that kid's badges away.  Worst Raccoon Ranger (or whatever they were calling him) ever.

I cannot wait for that moron Carly's cell phone to die because she's so enraptured with her morse code app.

• Love 9

I've only been to a few baby showers, but I've never seen one where the mom leaves a table full of wrapped gifts and goes home. 

I would have expected Joss to be jumping up and down excited about the engagement.  Instead she looked bewildered.  And she's still wearing that awful Dolly Parton, the early years minus the huge boobs, dress. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I've only been to a few baby showers, but I've never seen one where the mom leaves a table full of wrapped gifts and goes home. 

I would have expected Joss to be jumping up and down excited about the engagement. 

Cause she's just sooo traumatized from Carly going to The Cliff. I was looking forward to idiot Joss finding out Nelle is crazy but it'll just turn into "poor Joss has another reason to lash out and steal stuff."

• Love 2

These no way joss knows it wa Morgan’s cologne. I mean, yeah she’s Carly’s daughter but even she isn’t that stupid. If she knew, she wouldn’t have given it to Oscar as a gift. Although why she would give anyone a half-full bottle of cologne and why he’d accept it, is beyond me.

• Love 10