Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, Bringonthedrama said:

You want Kevin to spend more time with Lulu, self-absorbed Girl Reporter Extraordinaire? Geez, what did Kevin ever do to you? I'd rather see him being a positive influence in the lives of Laura's grandchildren in Port Charles. God knows Liz's boys could use a grandpa with psychiatrist/therapist training. 

Well, if Kevin can be a positive influence to Spencer, and Laura's other grandchildren, surely he could do the same for Lulu. Never mind, he tried that with the initial custody battle with Valentin and both Lulu and Laura looked at him like he was abandoning them. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Who is that? I badly wanted Ethan to be Robert's but didn't Geary lobby for him to be Luke's?

Yes. <deep, heavy sigh> I'm just in denial about it.  I loved Robert/Holly, the timing of their story actually worked for Ethan's birth (and subsequent disappearance) and it would've provided better story.

That early fake-out with Robert at Robin's funeral still pisses me off

• Love 4
On 6/14/2018 at 3:05 PM, Linny said:

Dr. Bensch smirking at his picture of Kiki and Griffin hugging was such a cartoon villain move, and it was really an unnecessary addition to the story. 

And I’m not even sure why he would consider it such a “gotcha” move. It is well known that Griffin is dating Kiki’s mother and they have consequently become close, so why would it be a big deal if he gives her a hug?

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It was kinda a jarring transition to see Kevin at Ferncliff, given he had just been at the hospital with Alexis.  I think this was supposed to show how loopy Carly already is, but I did wonder for a hot second if it was Ryan, that he was somehow still alive and locked up there.

With the abrupt transition and the weird look on his face, I too thought it might be Ryan. And he was mentioned recently, so..

I’m with those who are intrigued by this new Alexis story.  At least until it ties back to Sonny, somehow, because doesn’t everything? Maybe Mikkos is the body in Croton’s Field.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I agree with others that KM plays her with no energy at all. I wonder if she is subconsciously pissed at them taking Sam away from Drew, played by an actor she has a close relationship with, and put her back with Jason - been there, done that.  

Except she’s been this way since long before Drew came along. She probably is bored, but c’mon, you’re an actor. Act interested, at least. 

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam is such a terrible PI. She's approaching Lulu Falconeri, Girl Reporter, for professional ineptness.

What kills me most about Nancy Drew-less is the wardrobe.  She’s always tiptoeing around in 6-inch stilettos (when she’s not falling off them and being caught by the nearest hunky man), wearing tight leather pants and other pieces of clothing that are completely incompatible with stealthy sleuthing. They are always black, though, so I guess there’s that.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

So I guess they moved the cabin closer to town.

LOL!!

When Liesl was on her way back with the antibiotics, I thought she'd fall down some embankment and Nina would have no idea where she was since the cabin is supposed to be out in the middle of nowhere, or what to do with Peter, who would have gotten worst without the antibiotics.  But nope,instead she runs into Julian and Kim.  so, in the middle of nowhere apparently has different meanings for the writers than for me.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ciarra said:
16 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Peters been screaming nonstop since he got there. Kim and Julian didn't hear him earlier?

Yes, but Liesl said the first day, "You cahn skreem und skreme, dere is no vun around to hear you".  So I guess they moved the cabin closer to town.

Kim and Julian only just went camping there. 

10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:
On 6/14/2018 at 4:05 PM, Linny said:

Dr. Bensch smirking at his picture of Kiki and Griffin hugging was such a cartoon villain move, and it was really an unnecessary addition to the story. 

And I’m not even sure why he would consider it such a “gotcha” move. It is well known that Griffin is dating Kiki’s mother and they have consequently become close, so why would it be a big deal if he gives her a hug?

This, as well as the expression on Lauren's face isn't exactly one of romantic bliss.

10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Maybe Mikkos is the body in Croton’s Field.

LOL.

• Love 2

Color me surprised that there really are rattlesnakes in NY! I thought they were only in the desert.

i don’t mind Julian being afraid of creepy crawlers. It’s  not as if he’s been camping since he was a kid. He led a life of privilege and told Kim his idea of the great outdoors is his front porch. I HATE camping. Haven’t been since I was a two camp as a kid but it was awful. And bugs completely skeeve me. So I have no issue with him being squeamish.  

This whole Croton thing is beyond boring, but I like Mike telling Sonny he wished Sonny had gotten his grades up and gone to college instead of getting involved with Scully and the mob. Of course Sonny brushed him off and said he had ‘other priorities.’ Because being in the Mafia is so much more glamorous and rewarding  than being a successful attorney or other profession. Not that I believe for a minute Sonny had the smarts to be anything other than what he is, but still...

Anna/Finn is just incredibly stupid. The woman is 50-something, maybe 60-something. Why is she acting like a lovesick teenager? Ditto for Finn.

• Love 3
(edited)

The timber rattlesnake is what it might be. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_rattlesnake . It is becoming endangered in the northeastern US, and is said to be extirpated in Canada, where conservationists are trying to bring it back to control various pests. Range maps apparently show that it has not been found in the area of Niagra Falls (putative Port Charles) but is still found in the southern and eastern parts of New York.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
(edited)

I wanted to add how happy I am that Kevin is involved with two new patient's treatment that have nothing to do with Franco. Alexis gets to deal with the trauma of losing her mother and her lifetime of choosing men that were not good for her. Meanwhile Kevin is going to stay involved with Carly's treatment. Sure Jason is going undercover as janitorial staff to watch over Carly, but it was Kevin that provided her with real comfort after Nurse Ratchet and Minion Orderly. As her doctor, he could also order that she is not over-medicated as she was. Nurse Ratchet may continue to do so, but she will be found out as Kevin was already warned about the drugs that were incorrectly given to Carly.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 7

I don't mind Kevin's involvement in Carly's story, but as with Jason's appearance at Ferncliffe, why is he there the first full day of her stay? It's hard for me to feel the prescribed outrage for Carly when she's going to be immediately rescued/released. It should have taken Jason a couple of days, at least, to get his job, and despite Kevin having nothing better to do than increase his patient load (!), he shouldn't be there so soon either. Gah.

ETA: And even if it takes those two time to get Carly out, she shouldn't have any hope yet. It was way to soon for her to be wondering if Kevin were real. She needs to be doped up and out of it for at least a week.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't mind Kevin's involvement in Carly's story, but as with Jason's appearance at Ferncliffe, why is he there the first full day of her stay? It's hard for me to feel the prescribed outrage for Carly when she's going to be immediately rescued/released.

I LOL'd when she told Kevin she had been "coping ok" before the BIG BAD NURSE came in.  Woman, you were there a few hours and already showing signs of losing it.

• Love 4
On 6/15/2018 at 9:51 AM, TeeVee329 said:

It was kinda a jarring transition to see Kevin at Ferncliff, given he had just been at the hospital with Alexis.  I think this was supposed to show how loopy Carly already is, but I did wonder for a hot second if it was Ryan, that he was somehow still alive and locked up there.

I thought it was Ryan as well! Maybe it is, which would be great!

• Love 3

I know you guys are playing - and Jon Lindstrom played the hell out of Ryan - but I can't bear the thought of another serial killer, especially if it gives Carly even more reason to consider herself the victim and/or noble heroine.

• Love 4

I really thought that Ryan was most sincerely dead, but the fact that several of us (likely a lot more) thought that Ferncliff Kevin could actually be Ferncliff Ryan gives me pause. And, perhaps, hope!

• Love 2

I'm pretty amused by this camping trip and the dynamic between Kim and Julian where she's taking the more dominant role. She fearlessly protected Julian from snakes, nursed his bug bites, and cuddled him in her arms after sex rather than the other way around. Julian as a delicate flower city boy receiving comfort from outdoorsy Kim is the kind of silliness I can get into.

Dammit, Stella, stop causing trouble! She's really encroaching on Carly territory now. Jordan was so sincere about owning her mistakes but not letting them define her, yet Stella still can't ease up on her for one minute.

That fucking flash drive reminds me of Morgan's pill bottle. Everybody's looking for it and it's probably going to pass hands five hundred times before this is over. Save me (and Drew, too) from this annoying limbo period.

• Love 8

I did like Maxie clarifying that while she has taken the first steps towards forgiven Lulu, they are not, snap, back to being besties like nothing happened.  Lulu's shock at this perfectly sensible announcement was so ridiculous.

• Love 8

Dante: [Mike] probably wouldn't do as well if his father were locked up.

I don't know about that.

She still needs a cut, but TB's hair looks so much better, imo.

Can Obrecht just castrate Peter? That way she can punish him without killing him and we don't have to have these scenes. Or perhaps cut off a foot. Then everyone can call him Peg Leg Pete.

31 minutes ago, LillyB said:

I think that Max Gail may be the best thing that this show has done in years.

Great actor, but sometimes I feel he plays him a bit too sweetly. Ron Hale had a bit more earthiness. But maybe that's just the way Gail is choosing to play it.

• Love 4

I think that Max Gail may be the best thing that this show has done in years.

Great actor, but sometimes I feel he plays him a bit too sweetly. Ron Hale had a bit more earthiness. But maybe that's just the way Gail is choosing to play it.

He's toned it down somewhat, but at first he was playing the part very slapstick-esque, which hit all the wrong notes for me.  

• Love 2

Why didn't Nina look in the Lost and Found for the flashdrive instead of only asking Jordan and then jumping to "Peter lied again"?  Just because Valentin did....

Stella made me roll my eyes when she said that she became a social worker because she cares about people so much.  That's true for many social workers but there was a cohort in the 60s and 70s about the time the profession was forming who were motivated because they thought they knew better how people should live their lives and they were gong to put it into effect.  Just ask those caught up in the Sixties Scoop.

51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why didn't Nina look in the Lost and Found for the flashdrive instead of only asking Jordan and then jumping to "Peter lied again"?

I don't know if I would think to look in the lost and found.  Peter said he must have dropped the drive when Obrecht was dragging him, but she wouldn't have any idea where between the hotel, Obrecht's car, the woods, the cabin.  I didn't think of lost and found until the camera focused on it.  

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I feel he plays him a bit too sweetly. Ron Hale had a bit more earthiness.

I love Max Gail and I love what he's doing with this role, but I did think today, while he was telling Sonny the story of following him and pulling the dead body out of the ground, that I totally couldn't picture Ron Hale saying or doing that.  

Unintentionally funny line of the day:

Kim:  Someone's in trouble

Man, the way Tamara said it, like "Timmy's stuck in the well" type tone to her voice, made me laugh out loud.  

• Love 4

Things today that really gripped me.   When Stella found that flash drive on the FLOOR...she said she found it on the ground.  It was on the floor..not on the ground!  One of my pet peeves...people saying ground for floor.

Insulting the viewers with the scream....And Julian and Kim not following up on it!

And three....Maxie's hair hiding her face....what in the world is wrong????

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Barb1959 said:

And three....Maxie's hair hiding her face....what in the world is wrong????

After I commented about that I noticed from another angle you could see her face under the curtain. Bad way to style it in general though.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Barb1959 said:

Things today that really gripped me.   When Stella found that flash drive on the FLOOR...she said she found it on the ground.  It was on the floor..not on the ground!  One of my pet peeves...people saying ground for floor.

Thank you.  I just watched that scene and thought the same thing.  

In general, Stella just needs to STFU!

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, lb60 said:

In general, Stella just needs to STFU!

I wonder if aunt Vi is tired yet of repeating the same line over and over. 

When she's in caring mode with Mike, the compassion is through the roof. I find that she managed to kind of humanize Sonny a bit (yes, I know how that sounds). But the rest of the time . . . yes, I think we all get it, show, she hates Jordan and she has a legit enough reason for it. But she needs to just stop.

The whole Peter/Obrecht thing is going to drag and drag me into an early grave. 

Drew/Curtis friendship, still here for it. I want more of it. A genuine nice friendship between two nice guys. What a shocking concept.

Lulu can go away. 

• Love 12
(edited)
11 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I also wondered if it was Ryan that Carly was talking to.  We have several sets of twins on the show Ryan/Kevin, Jason/Drew and Anna/Alex  What if Faison was doing some sort of twin research and that is why he kidnapped the Quartermaine brothers?  He could have had Ryan for all of these years.  I keep thinking about how creepy Kevin was when he had Faison's brain in a jar on his desk.  Hell, he even weirded out Franco with his behavior.  It was really unlike Kevin.  It would give Kevin a great storyline until we get Laura home.  What if Faison was an identical twin?  I don't believe that the real Caesar Faison is really dead because his "death" was a little too "easy" if you know what I mean. 

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

When she's in caring mode with Mike, the compassion is through the roof. I find that she managed to kind of humanize Sonny a bit (yes, I know how that sounds). But the rest of the time . . . yes, I think we all get it, show, she hates Jordan and she has a legit enough reason for it. But she needs to just stop.

Stella is definitely miles more tolerable in social worker mode, though they have her prop Sonny too much (SOP).

7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I did like Maxie clarifying that while she has taken the first steps towards forgiven Lulu, they are not, snap, back to being besties like nothing happened.  Lulu's shock at this perfectly sensible announcement was so ridiculous.

What is so hard for Lulu to understand? A story she wrote played a part in Maxie's husband getting shot to death. It's going to take time for Maxie to deal with those feelings. It's not as if Lulu doesn't know how to hold a grudge.

Why would the hard drive be on the floor of the MetroCourt restaurant? Peter was clocked in his room, and Liesl dragged him down the hall. Aren't the rooms on a different floor? LOL.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Why would the hard drive be on the floor of the MetroCourt restaurant? Peter was clocked in his room, and Liesl dragged him down the hall. Aren't the rooms on a different floor? LOL.

Was it the flashdrive or someone's keys. I thought they only had that scene was to introduce the fact that there is a lost and found. At the end of the show, they did a close-up of the lost and found box and then focused on the flashdrive that was locked inside.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Why would the hard drive be on the floor of the MetroCourt restaurant?

The maid had gum on her shoe and the flash drive stuck to it, then she accidentally clip-clopped all the way up(?) to the restaurant, and scraped it off her shoe.  I'm sure whatever the writers will come up with will be more lame than this.

I've never seen a Lost and Found box so prominently displayed.  Maybe that's why it's so decorative, rather than just a cardboard box stuck on a bar shelf.  And locked.  Never seen a locked lost and found box for someone's missing scarf. 

eta, the flashdrive was next to the keys, and it was to introduce the lost and found box.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is anyone itching for them to be sharing scenes at this point besides KSt and ER? I wish they'd let them go their seperate ways.

I hate to endorse breaking up a female friendship because they’re so rare on this show, but yeah, Lulu can take a hike. Maxie can be friends with Liz instead.  Hell, I’d rather see her share scenes with Nurse Amy.

• Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I hate to endorse breaking up a female friendship because they’re so rare on this show, but yeah, Lulu can take a hike. Maxie can be friends with Liz instead.  Hell, I’d rather see her share scenes with Nurse Amy.

Ha, well I'm coming to it from the other angle. I'd rather Liz and Lulu be friends. Maxie can have Nina. :) Or Kiki. Or the new DA.

Edited by ulkis
22 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Maxie faked a pregnancy and pushed drugs on Lucky so that he would sleep with her while he was married to Liz. They should never be friends.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

Was it the flashdrive or someone's keys.

Yesterday it was keys.  Stella found them on the restaurant floor and handed them in to the bartender, who said he was going to put them in the lost and found.  Then Nina got upset about Peter lying about the flashdrives' existence and the camera pans to the lost and found, then inside the lost and found, where the drive is.  The episode where Peter is knocked out and dragged away, we see him with the drive in his hand, which then falls out onto the floor as he's being dragged.  So someone found it, and rather than keeping it (I totally would!!) dropped it off at lost and found.  

My question, why is the lost and found in the restaurant rather than in the manager's office or down at the front desk.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is anyone itching for them to be sharing scenes at this point besides KSt and ER? I wish they'd let them go their seperate ways.

For me, they should have gone their separate ways after the Georgie custody battle.  Then I could  have been spared the cutesy teenage-cheerleader stuff we watched for a while.  These two simply appear to be on different pages now and I can do without their friendship.  As this is coming from someone who really, really wants more friendships on this show.  

2 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

For me, they should have gone their separate ways after the Georgie custody battle.  Then I could  have been spared the cutesy teenage-cheerleader stuff we watched for a while.  These two simply appear to be on different pages now and I can do without their friendship.  As this is coming from someone who really, really wants more friendships on this show.  

I go further than that. Maxie and Lulu is a friendship I personally never needed and Maxie should have never gone near that after Lulu and Dillon slept together. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Perkie said:
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Was it the flashdrive or someone's keys.

Yesterday it was keys.  Stella found them on the restaurant floor and handed them in to the bartender, who said he was going to put them in the lost and found. 

Ah, got it. Stella found keys—which makes more sense—and the bartender put them in the LOST AND FOUND BOX (heh), and then we saw the thumb drive already there.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I go further than that. Maxie and Lulu is a friendship I personally never needed and Maxie should have never gone near that after Lulu and Dillon slept together. 

Both them messed up badly with each other's siblings.   With the mistakes they both made - Lulu with Dillon and Maxie with Lucky - I was OK with watching them gradually build a friendship after the shared ordeal with Logan's death.  Even then and even though they could be there for each other when the chips were down, there was always an edginess to the relationship - one that I liked.  But then, they became the same person (except for the baby/custody issues in 2013) and they began to bore me. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Lulu shouldn't have gone near Maxie after Maxie screwed with Lucky, but it was GVLucky so I'm not surprised.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oy vey with the Chase reminiscing and then the Nelle reminiscing about a  relationship that no one will care about.  

Memo to Jason, when someone you know who will likely recognize you, walks into the room, maybe you should leave, so they don't catch you.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 14

Yeesh, an hour of confusing Nelle flashbacks, Jason mopping, Carly doing arts and crafts, Gidget and Moondoggie Anna and Finn planning an adventure...it's episodes like this that make it hard for me to justify watching GH. We're stuck in a tired state of tedium where it's hard to muster up enthusiasm for anything. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Perkie said:

I don't know if I would think to look in the lost and found.  Peter said he must have dropped the drive when Obrecht was dragging him, but she wouldn't have any idea where between the hotel, Obrecht's car, the woods, the cabin.  I didn't think of lost and found until the camera focused on it.  

I love Max Gail and I love what he's doing with this role, but I did think today, while he was telling Sonny the story of following him and pulling the dead body out of the ground, that I totally couldn't picture Ron Hale saying or doing that.  

Unintentionally funny line of the day:

Kim:  Someone's in trouble

Man, the way Tamara said it, like "Timmy's stuck in the well" type tone to her voice, made me laugh out loud.  

OMG. @Perkie, I know I'm late with this, but I thought the exact same thing when Kim said that. C'mon Lassie, c'mon girl, show me where ! LOL