Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

And this is her grand exit story? Tracy's exit story was dumb as hell and nonsensical but she got one and it lasted a few weeks. 

The rumor is it was very sudden. Someone needs to spill what went down darn it.

• Love 7

If it is her exit,  it's incredibly lame. Spencer shouldn't need his grandmother holding his hand, and bedlam, for months. I hope she comes back soon because the Laura/Alexis and Anna/Obrecht scenes were the best part of the episode.

If Kevin doesn't want to be in politics,  he shouldn't be pushed into it. I'd rather see Stella run for mayor. She has organizational experience and she can connect to the people. And it would give her something to do other than harassing Jordan.

Maybe Sonny is trying to convince Jason that Sam loves only him so that he can believe Carly wouldn't run to Jason as soon as he crooked his finger. LOL at Sonny telling Spinelli how the trap should go as if Sonny actually could think of a good plan.

As someone who is dealing with real life body image, it always makes me laugh when Liesl refers to Anna as "scarecrow ".

By the way, I think I've already said this, but I'll say it again here so I can point back to it if I'm right...

...I think that the mother of this other Faison son is going to turn out to be Anna's EVUL TWIN Alex.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm so tired of the show relying on the JaSam theme music and decades old clips to try to play to our emotions in place of Steve Burton actually emoting any love or longing for Sam. 

I am convinced they are trying to slowly kill "love" for that pairing. They will be revisited but after much fuckery of Drew and Sam.  If they were actually going to do a legit triangle, they would have.  This isn't it.  It's a poor excuse to appease all fans involved and to throw that fandom as many bones as possible.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Spencer shouldn't need his grandmother holding his hand

He's got two broken legs. I don't think it's outrageous that Laura wants to go to him. It's not like Spencer's parents are alive to do it. I was in the hospital for a fever a few years ago and I wanted my mom there, even though there was nothing for her to do but sit with me. And I'm waaay older than Spencer. 

16 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Perhaps something is going on in Genie's family life that needs her attention at this time?

If this is a permanent exit, something awful somewhere must have happened for her to up and quit.

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

...I think that the mother of this other Faison son is going to turn out to be Anna's EVUL TWIN Alex.

Same. It ticks a lot of boxes the story has set up.

Anna was wearing another fantastic coat when she went to see Sonny (ugh). Plaid mohair? I deeply covet it.

• Love 5

Liesl said that Faison didn't want Heinrich because Anna wasn't his mother. I think if were Alex, Faison would have kept him around and pretended that it was Anna.

22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He's got two broken legs. I don't think it's outrageous that Laura wants to go to him. It's not like Spencer's parents are alive to do it. I was in the hospital for a fever a few years ago and I wanted my mom there, even though there was nothing for her to do but sit with me. And I'm waaay older than Spencer.

I can understand that if she was going to visit and see how Spencer is doing or maybe bring him back to Port Charles to recover as Kevin assumed. But she's going to stay in Europe by Spencer's side for the whole six? eight?  weeks to recover and that's why I thought it's overkill. If he's still in school he'll manage without her unless she's going to sit in on his classes and if he can't be in school she should bring him back with her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Just a thought. Was it Spencer himself that called Laura or a doctor to relay a message? If so, it could be a ruse to get her out of the race. Though I hope sincerely that Ned wouldn't go as far as to make Laura think her grandson was seriously injured.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2

The Sonny/Julian scenes were so badly written. First Julian blames Sonny for the problems at his "gastropub," then he blames Sonny for being in cahoots with Greg Evigan, then he blames Greg Evigan. Huh? Sonny has never been interested in real estate that way. What happened to that parcel of land he was going to develop with ELQ, anyway?

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Mileage varies, but I think he has been doing that quite a bit.

Yeah, I've seen him doing his job. I also see him very much playing Jason in character. And it's part of why I've hated Jason for a long time, lol. Most viewers want to see men fighting to be with a woman. Except .... Jason accepts things. He deals with them and moves on. (I also got his from Robin, but it really describes him, so I'm using it). He may love and miss Sam, but if she doesn't want him, Jason is OK. He will move on and I think that's where this is leading. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Perhaps something is going on in Genie's family life that needs her attention at this time?

Possibly. They did say Spencer's recovery would take six weeks. Either way, what a startling way to write Laura out.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

By the way, I think I've already said this, but I'll say it again here so I can point back to it if I'm right...

I hope so, because I've been fearing that it's Anna.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is Alex now an evil twin?  i didn’t watch FH’s last turn as Alex on GH from last year.  

On AMC, Alex was never evil.  She went off in a happy marriage to Dmitri.  And Dmitri returned, sans Alex, for the online re-boot. 

I guess if I keep checking in here twice a day, I should check in and watch the show.  It’s kinda a Sophie’s Choice though. Quit PTV or watch GH. Quit PTV or watch GH.  

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

The rumor is it was very sudden. Someone needs to spill what went down darn it.

Oh Genie, never quit.  I mean never quit quitting all the time and throwing off storylines. And then coming back. And then quitting.  Consistency is a viture, after all. 

I’m still miffed at how this show went from grade A+ entertainment, medium be damned, to middling less-than-average soap opera in a matter of, literally, episodes.  I’m telling you, this show was near perfection in 1996. Guza — yes, that Guza — had set up a wonderfully interwoven, complex and compelling umbrella story that included close to 80% of the cast.  It was SO good. Truly must see tv.  And a large part of that was Genie’s performance. She, and everyone else, was bringing their A game. Even Maurice! 

And then Genie got pregnant and wanted an immediate break.  And it was right at the same time Guza left due to Sunset Beach being picked up.  And while Guza said he left a detailed outline as to how the storyline would play out, the showrunners instantly scrapped all of it and played wack-a-mole with Genie’s time schedule. And I’m parity queen, so I get that Tony had his outs and that Genie should have been entitled to them, too. But Tony would give them months’ notice so that they could work it out. Genie was more like “ummmmm, so how about 3 weeks in December, and then I want another month off for the holidays, and how about 73 minutes the third week of January. But I have to be done by 2:45. And then I’ll be back May-ish. Maybe. Toodles!”

And the show in 1997 was unrecognizable dreck. YMMV. But really, it was. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I hope so, because I've been fearing that it's Anna.

It’s so going to fucking be Anna. Because that’s how my life goes, fanbase-wise.

Actually, this is how it’s going to go:

The plan right now is that it’ll be tanker baby (aka the baby Robert and Anna had conceived prior to her January of 1992 kidnapping by Faison.  Robert, Anna, and Faison all blew up on a tanker, supposedly.  But no bodies recovered. We hardcore RNA fans believe that Anna was pregnant at the time of the tanker explosion. Hence, tanker baby). 

So, the plan right now is that it’ll be Tanker Baby in the end. But, we’re forced to go through a whole bunch of plot twists beforehand.  The planned reveals will occur as follows: 

1) Faison says kid is Anna’s. 

2) Anna will be convinced she willingly slept with Faison. 

3) Faison will go along with that. And then, FINAL REVEAL 

4) Faison has been deluding Anna (and perhaps himself), and it’s really tanker baby (aka Robert’s, after all).

Except, part 4 of the plan will never be executed.  So, we’ll be stuck with a hurried, last minute rewrite where the baby, after all, is in fact Anna’s and Faison’s. 

Until it become Dr. O’s and Faison’s. 

Because this show refuses to give me anything good. 

• Love 1

Genie 'quit', huh? I guess Big Steve needed plane fare!

Yes, that's my role on this forum now! To come in and just say random shit! With exclamation points!

ETA: 

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Francie said:

Is Alex now an evil twin?  i didn’t watch FH’s last turn as Alex on GH from last year.  

She sure was. Finola did a much better job as Alex last year IMO than she had in the 2000s. But it was never remotely explained. As I said at the time though, I didn't find it too OOC - Alex was DVX/some offshoot of DVX on AMC, she'd been brainwashed into that profession years prior. I had frankly entertained the idea of doing the same with Alex at some point, but the story they gave her last year was nothing and boring.

• Love 1

To me, the Anna/Alex story was missing the necessary connective tissue.  Because it was easier for the show to just be "She's an EVUL TWIN" than take the time and figure out the backstory if they wanted to make Alex more villainous (this time, she claimed to have joined the DVX for the cash and the lulz), explain why the sisters' relationship - quite warm when Alex left AMC - had apparently deteriorated, etc.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Sorry, Genie! Port Chuck's touring schedule is murder on the wallet!

Well, RBu was fired and RPW made recurring/fired to pay for SBu. GF recurring and RP fired to presumably pay for Mo's contract renewal. Who's up next?

• Love 2

GF recurring and RP fired to presumably pay for Mo's contract renewal.

FV must be relieved that his block-shooting style involves keeping cast members segregated from one another.   There does seem to be an improvement of the actors' performances (NLG, FH, BM and ME seem to have more energy)  not involved in the SBu's return plot.

ETA:  It is a sad day in GH world when Laura gets shoved aside for a violent thug and his hitman. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny

Genie coming back temporarily a decade ago brought me back to the show, so this is disappointing, to say the least.

In other news, was that Floating Rib scene with Jason and Kim supposed to be a callback to how Jason and Carly (SBrown) met?  Because that was the scene, i.e. playing pool, which, thanks for the bad memories, GH.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

In other news, was that Floating Rib scene with Jason and Kim supposed to be a callback to how Jason and Carly (SBrown) met? 

I guess if you believe pool is exclusive to Carly and Jason. Otherwise, the scene didn't remind me of them at all.

5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

was that Floating Rib scene with Jason and Kim supposed to be a callback to how Jason and Carly (SBrown) met? Because that was the scene, i.e. playing pool, which, thanks for the bad memories, GH.

Yeah, maybe.  Foremost it was a(n) (anti)-chem. test for Jason/Kim.  And both had to be in the same place to discover their exes were marrying that night.  I don't know who they'll pair Kim up with, but it doesn't look like it will be Jason.  Maybe Drew eventually after they've run this into the ground.  Oh, they have already.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yeah, maybe.  Foremost it was a(n) (anti)-chem. test for Jason/Kim.  And both had to be in the same place to discover their exes were marrying that night.  I don't know who they'll pair Kim up with, but it doesn't look like it will be Jason.  Maybe Drew eventually after they've run this into the ground.  Oh, they have already.

I don't usually post here unless I can watch live. Part of the reason is that I end up fast forwarding through half the episodes when I watch on DVR.

Can they do pairing chemistry tests now that they film stories in sprints and send the actors home for a few weeks in between their filming times?

Some people are better are carrying their characters from 40 years ago. Finola is one. In fact, she is selling me that her character is acting out like a late 20s woman when she isn't. Genie not so much. It is a little sad to see, though, and the story end is jarring.

What audience tests did they get back that said we want Sonny the Moobster and Dr O the Mad Scientist's Moll as the lead characters?

On 1/19/2018 at 9:18 AM, fishcakes said:

I think GH has the world record. Jed Allan, playing Edward Quartermaine, was one month younger than Stuart Damon who played Alan.

Oh my, that is hilarious!    

On 1/19/2018 at 3:01 PM, LexieLily said:

Did Genie quit or is this one of her breaks? This hasty re-write to get her off the canvas makes no sense. Poor Jon Lindstrom barely gets anything to do as it is, why leave him in Port Charles and not have Kevin go to Spencer with Laura to support his new wife?

That was jarring; all that build up and suddenly she can't run.  

Some people are better are carrying their characters from 40 years ago. Finola is one. In fact, she is selling me that her character is acting out like a late 20s woman when she isn't. Genie not so much.

Curious what you mean by this?

9 hours ago, HipOldBat said:

That's what it sounded like.

“I am taking a very brief break from GH for a little while to go and be the villain for a change,” the actor told KABC Los Angeles.

However, Paevey was reluctant to share any further details about the film or his role in it. “I don’t know how much I’m allowed to give you,” he admitted. “But I’m gonna be on a plane to Kentucky here in the next three or four days, and I’ll probably be there for about a month.”

Maybe they decided to make it permanent?  When you've got MB and SBu, who needs hot young guys?

I don't want to hear TPTB who fired Genie Francis, complain about the show's plummeting ratings.  They just pissed off millions of loyal, long-time, loyal viewers like myself who may never watch again!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LillyB said:

I think that it is a shame that the only Spencer left is boring Lulu.

Does anyone know what Julie Marie Berman is up to these days? Granted, it's probably the writing much more than the actress but I can't help but feel that the girl I most associate with Lulu would do a better job with the character and make her less annoying.

34 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

I don't want to hear TPTB who fired Genie Francis, complain about the show's plummeting ratings.  They just pissed off millions of loyal, long-time, loyal viewers like myself who may never watch again!

What?  You mean people are irritated that legends gets bumped to recurring status so that we can have a cyborg who kisses Sonny's butt and blinks? TPTB have to be complete idiots.

What?  You mean people are irritated that legends gets bumped to recurring status so that we can have a cyborg who kisses Sonny's butt and blinks? TPTB have to be complete idiots.

Here's a thought. A popular Soap periodical announced on Jan 19 that Anders Hove is coming back to GH SOD. Possibly the show got a yes from the actor and needed fundage to pay him ASAP, so GF's allotment paid while she bowed out.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

No, the money doesn't work like that. They don't use (or need) that kind of cash to pay for a guest star. They most likely hoped to use her funds to handle contract renewals or funds for Burton, Benard, Howarth, Easton or adding other new hires.

Edited by jsbt
On 1/22/2018 at 8:57 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Does anyone know what Julie Marie Berman is up to these days? Granted, it's probably the writing much more than the actress but I can't help but feel that the girl I most associate with Lulu would do a better job with the character and make her less annoying

JMB could be just as annoying, but I think she'd be much more convincing as a journalist and her Lulus relationship with DZ's Dom was just.... better. Not just the writing but the rapport - they felt more grounded and real than most soap relationships. I miss that. 

Plus, I feel sorry for DZ stranded with ER/Lulu's babyrabies and RP/Plywood

Edited by Oracle42
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

No, the money doesn't work like that. They don't use (or need) that kind of cash to pay for a guest star. They most likely hoped to use her funds to handle contract renewals or funds for Burton, Benard, Howarth, Easton or adding other new hires.

Well, not that they want my opinion, but I'd rather have GF around as Laura (with actual storylines) than Blinky McBorg and the line forgetting mob boss.  

• Love 1

Can we please ship Spin back to Portland? God I hate that character.

Sam started the day off looking like she was heading to an execution instead of a wedding. Although, if I was wearing that dress, I might have that reaction.

Sam/Drew's vows were very sweet, and Danny was adorable.

• Love 1