Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

As is happening more frequently, I haz confused with something: Yesterday Lauren was looking at a boarding pass on her phone, then she's figuring out with Dillon where to meet. Huh?

Also, isn't RPW recurring, not fired? Or have they gotten rid of him altogether? I don't think they'll have Lauren and Griffin hook up, so Dillon is her only romantic prospect unless they bring on someone new.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

But they are.  Other than Sam and Liz, everyone else has dropped him like a hot potato, some even quite rudely (Diane) and Carly is actively working against him.  

Other than Carly, no one is actively trying to do anything in regards to Drew. Diane is not Drew's lawyer, she's Jason's lawyer, so when Jason returned she went back to her real client, and Diane never was one for subtlety.

Pretty much everyone feels sorry for Drew it looks like to me, some are sorry he isn't really Jason, some are sorry he lost whoever he used to be, and some are sorry they have to deal with it at all.

Drew's biggest problem is that he isn't Jason, not being Jason meant he was bound to lose a lot more than he had gained by being Jason. But no one is out to get him because he isn't Jason, except for Carly but she's evil and selfish so that isn't surprising.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

As is happening more frequently, I haz confused with something: Yesterday Lauren was looking at a boarding pass on her phone, then she's figuring out with Dillon where to meet. Huh?

Also, isn't RPW recurring, not fired? Or have they gotten rid of him altogether? I don't think they'll have Lauren and Griffin hook up, so Dillon is her only romantic prospect unless they bring on someone new.

Yeah i was also confused because I saw the same thing. And is Nebraska really the halfway point between NY and LA? I thought it was Chicago? 

I think the pacing is better than it's been in a long time, but outside of the Jason story I'm not sure GH has much going for it right now.

I think that the Sam/Drew/Jason scenes are the most boring and repetitive by far and those three suck any energy out of the show.  The pacing seems to have picked up a bit because they keep adding characters to an already bloated cast (Cassandra, Oscar's mom, Oscar and TJ's mom) and need to figure out what to do with some dead weight (Nina and Franco).    But I am not going to complain in the end of the Sonny era (new year's hope), that they stick competent middle-aged actresses on the hospital staff.  If they are going to add cast members - perhaps they can get a casting person who can find young people in the acting capital of the world, who can act and look TV ready (Oscar, Sabrina, Felix, Brad and Amy). 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, CPP83 said:

Instead he feels like everyone is against him now and all in favor of Jason and he has to protect what little of his is left, and whatever.

YMMV but I don't get that impression about Drew, at least not since Andre confirmed Burton was the real Jason. Yes, before everyone knew what was going on, he was going around mad at everyone who dared to question that he was the real Jason and being incredibly defensive. But since they established that he's Drew, I feel like the only people he's been combative with and wants nothing to do with are Sonny and Carly.

His relationship with Monica is great, he and Michael seem pleasant enough with each other, Alexis openly admits to rooting for him and Sam to stay together and everyone else is off doing their own thing. I do agree that I would like the writers to show him more actively trying to find out more about his past life. However, I'm sure that'll come up later when they shuttle Sam back to Jason and either need some bullshit to villanize Drew or they use his investigating his past to develop the Drew/Kim pairing. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
54 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I think that the Sam/Drew/Jason scenes are the most boring and repetitive by far and those three suck any energy out of the show. 

I feel exactly the same about them. They hold no interest for me and the more the show tries to keep them front and center the more annoyed I get.

37 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

YMMV but I don't get the impression about Drew, at least not since Andre confirmed Burton was the real Jason. Yes, before everyone knew what was going on, he was going on around mad at everyone who dared to question that he was the real Jason and being incredibly defensive. But since they established that he's Drew, I feel like the only people he's been combative with and wants nothing to do with are Sonny and Carly. His relationship with Monica is great, he and Michael seem pleasant enough with each other, Alexis openly admits to rooting for him and Sam to stay together and everyone else is off doing their own thing. I do agree that I would like the writers to show him more actively trying to find out more about his past life. However, I'm sure that'll come up later when they shuttle Sam back to Jason and either need some bullshit to villanize Drew or they use his investigating his past to develop the Drew/Kim pairing. 

I think Drew tries to play things off, until he's faced with a situation like on the boat, seeing Sam and Jason together, just standing near each other, alone, and suddenly he flies off the handle and has a tantrum.

It's just irksome to me that they keep this line of nonsense going, for all of them, not just Drew. But with Drew he keeps going back and forth on how confident he truly is to be Drew instead of Jason.

And as I mentioned before, I get why he would feel that way, but I already watched this when he was John Doe, and it wasn't interesting or appealing to me then and it isn't now. I have already seen him rant and rage against the machine as he "figures out who he really is", and I am way past over it.

I fully admit though that if I liked him at all I might be more forgiving, but I just don't. And in that way it is like he's still the "real" Jason to me, because I can't stand him either, heh.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

Anna sure cries a lot for being a super-powerful superspy, and I don't buy her and Finn. Finn seems to have gotten over his fiancee leaving him and the "death" of his child awfully quickly. 

Cassandra was injected with a syringe-full of narcotics to the heart and not only is she not dead, but able to disappear? But of course. We wouldn't want to finish a storyline.

Kevin and Laura are adorable and the fact that he is so genuinely supportive of her only highlights that they are the healthiest relationship on this show by miles and it's not even close.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Was that BJ (without the Bear) doing business with Ned and Michael?  Sure looked like him...

I don't know who BJ is but the actor was Greg Evigan. I remember him from My Two Dads back in the day. He was incredibly hot on that show so I'm more than welcoming his presence on GH right now.  Besides, any storyline that doesn't involve Sonny and co. is fine with me. 

• Love 5

If I didn't already dislike Julian, his continued use of that stale Ted joke would be enough to turn me against him. Expand your repertoire, dude. 

Michael should have jumped at that ELQ arena so that he and Ned could have a place to stage their pissing matches other than the middle of the Metro Court. I actually didn't disagree with Michael today, but boy does his delivery leave something to be desired.

So after everything, Laura's not running for mayor and Ned is? Give me strength to handle Olivia the campaign manager. 

I thought Franco was dreaming about Drew calling him his best friend, but he responded as if it were a memory, so now I'm guessing he's going to remember that he never really hurt Drew but was instead trying to save him or some shit. Because what we've all been waiting for is vindication for Franco, clearly.

• Love 8
(edited)
11 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I don't know who BJ is but the actor was Greg Evigan.

BJ was played by Greg Evigan on the show BJ and the Bear, which aired on NBC in the mid to late '70s. BJ was my JAM!!! And it was funnier when Sheriff Lobo was his nemesis. And Bear was played by a Chimpanzee and was BJ's bud.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Linny said:

So after everything, Laura's not running for mayor and Ned is? Give me strength to handle Olivia the campaign manager. 

C'mon, you know you can't wait for the platters of cannoli that spell out "Vote for Ned!"

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Linny said:

Having not seen today, I assume Ned will do something so QUARTERMAINE EVUL, THOSE EVUL QUARTERMAINES that Laura, gosh darn it, has no choice but to run against him.

How bad was Michael's braying at Ned?

• Love 7
21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Obnoxious and unearned. But it totally would have worked if had been AJ, or if Michael has been defending a decision AJ had made as CEO, because AJ: actually had experience working at ELQ, doesn't look like he's 15 and actually has real history with Ned

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yesterday Lauren was looking at a boarding pass on her phone, then she's figuring out with Dillon where to meet. Huh?

One year ago, on NY eve, both of them were heading out of town, to LA, on the same bus, to lick their wounds.  They ran into each other and decided on that bus to head back to PC and start a relationship.  What she was looking at on her phone was the copy of that bus ticket, and they were reminiscing about that night.  Then he apparently told her that he bought her a ticket to meet midway this year, which she agreed to do.  

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, isn't RPW recurring, not fired?

Allegedly, he's recurring, but I'm not sure what that means, since we haven't seen him in months.  

2 hours ago, CPP83 said:

Other than Carly, no one is actively trying to do anything in regards to Drew.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but "against him"  and "trying to do something" are two different things to me.  No one is out to get him or anything like that, but to me, everyone who was in his life, has turned their back against him (sonny, Carly, Diane, Spinelli, Robin, Michael).  That's what I meant, that the poeple who claimed to be his "family have dumped him faster than a hot potato.  The only ones who stuck around are Sam (who's trying hard to keep the life she built),  Liz (since she apparently has no opinion here) and Monica (who's just grateful that there are more Qs in her life)

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Linny said:

If I didn't already dislike Julian, his continued use of that stale Ted joke would be enough to turn me against him. Expand your repertoire, dude. 

I can't blame Julian completely for that. They've had other characters use that "joke". 

Can't Olivia even pat someone's back normally? Her hand was bouncing off and on Michael's back like a rubber ball.

RPW is not recurring. He expressed something in an interview that maybe they'd make him recurring and that's where the rumor came from.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

BJ was played by Greg Evigan on the show BJ and the Bear, which aired on NBC in the mid to late '70s. BJ was my JAM!!! And it was funnier when Sheriff Lobo was his nemesis. And Bear was played by a Chimpanzee and was BJ's bud.

Oh. Then yes. Definitely BJ but without the bear!

• Love 1

So who is the management company who is freezing out Molly, TJ and the other Charles St resident?  ELQ?  Julian? Please let it be Sonny trying to go legit.

I actually liked much of happened in this episode,  it was a nice change from Jason/Sam/Drew and the Corinthii vs Nelle. I liked Alexis and Curtis plotting against the Evil Landlord more than I like either of their love interests. Elizabeth got to talk to someone who isn't Franco or Jake's father, and Anna and Finn falling for each other like that is classic soap (and more interesting than Finn' s repetitive conversations with Hayden.

2 hours ago, CPP83 said:

Other than Carly, no one is actively trying to do anything in regards to Drew. Diane is not Drew's lawyer, she's Jason's lawyer, so when Jason returned she went back to her real client, and Diane never was one for subtlety.

Diane was actually pretty foul. Drew went to her to do some legal work for Aurora and she not only shut him down,  she gloated that she was going to prove that he's not the real Jason and he's going to lose everything because it all belongs to Jason.  It was brutal to someone who had just had a shock like that.

Monica loves them both but other than Sam (who he is afraid of losing) and Curtis,  everyone else is on Jason's side.

• Love 12

I saw every episode of BJ and the Bear.  (hangs head in shame)  Maybe it's where my lifelong hate of monkeys comes from?

Back to the boat.  I'm still mystified how a boat can steer itself into the harbor.  Don't they have these things called ropes, tying them to the dock?  And since it is a floating nightclub/hotel, wouldn't a permanent ramp be in place?  And I thought Luke said the thing wasn't seaworthy, engine dead or gone, i.e. just a giant rusted bathtub tied to the docks.  It's unfortunate how Carly's little trick didn't go completely wrong and have the boat cruise into the path of another ship and sink.  Supposedly this auto-pilot knows collision avoidance.  And why wouldn't the club be booked (months ago) on New Years Eve?  And does Drew use Jason's money to pay for these things, since supposedly he hasn't yet received his Q money?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Perkie said:

but to me, everyone who was in his life, has turned their back against him (sonny, Carly, Diane, Spinelli, Robin, Michael).  That's what I meant, that the poeple who claimed to be his "family have dumped him faster than a hot potato. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but just how has Robin turned her back against him or dropped him like a hot potato? Because she believes that Jason is Jason and Drew isn't Jason after all? She didn't tell him she didn't want anything more to do with him. And if Robin was still on this show full-time, I have no doubt she wouldn't have claimed that she was no longer his friend (for the short time I saw them as such before she and Patrick remarried and then left for California). That's not how Robin rolls.  And this stupid FAKAKTA show won't give the viewers anymore than they have to, and will focus on Mooby and SheBeast. Hell, even that Stupider Little Shit is all begging for Jason's forgiveness for believing Drew was Jason, as if Drew were committing some long con.

2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I saw every episode of BJ and the Bear.  (hangs head in shame) 

So did I, and let me assure you, it is NOT something you should be ashamed of!!!! How DARE you!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm sure it would be Carly's greatest dream but the show would never do that to Sonny.

Have a misunderstanding in which one or both of them briefly had a fling before getting back together again? Sure they would. 

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I don't know who BJ is but the actor was Greg Evigan. I

Reminds me of, "I don't know what you mean by 'The Beatles,' but Paul's band Wings is really happening.' " 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He sent her a photo of last NYE's bus ticket, which started their glorious coupledom. THEN he surprised her with the plan for that night.

7 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Have a misunderstanding in which one or both of them briefly had a fling before getting back together again? Sure they would. 

Reminds me of, "I don't know what you mean by 'The Beatles,' but Paul's band Wings is really happening.' " 

My mom taught junior high in the 80's and had almost this same experience, actually. And I still maintain Greg Evigan was hot in My Two Dads. 

• Love 2

After SBu came back they wanted to save Kim McC' s appearances for him but there was one scene where she crossed BM's path when they both showed up at Liz's and she told him "you're not Jason and you need to accept it.Bye! " Kim did her best to make Robin sympathetic but it wasn't in the script. And it stank given that BMJason had risked his life for Robin.

23 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

With other people,  sure. But Jason wouldn't do that to his true love Sonny, to sleep with Sonny's woman.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's Michael's awful righteous tone that I can't stand, as if Ned's ideas to modernize and profit are dishonorable, and it's up to Michael the Mega-rich CEO to look out for the little guy. And Michael is supposedly savvy, but doesn't get that Ned bristles when Michael establishes dominance over him (because Michael's younger, a more distant relation to Edward, and first and foremost a Corinthos), and that he would be better served to take a more conciliatory approach.

• Love 3

Thanks for the Lauren explanation, everyone. I remember the NYE bus ride but missed the reference to it yesterday.

I have to laugh that Drew is showing more interest and initiative with his identity this time around than he did the whole time after Ava hit him. I guess now that he knows what he has to lose, it’s worth it. I get it, but he still sucks for not caring back then.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Of course he was!?Is anyone disputing that? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him when he wasn’t Hot!???

If they are disputing it, they are wrong. :D

2 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Sonny/Jason/Carly all suck and BJ McKay/Greg Evigan was hot.  That is all.

True words. Such true weirds. 

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Previews: Why does Valentin look so damn smug all the time like he can't understand why they dare to question him?

Because he is an obnoxious self-righteous butt? The only Cassadine Helena feard my Aunt Fanny.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I have to laugh that Drew is showing more interest and initiative with his identity this time around than he did the whole time after Ava hit him. I guess now that he knows what he has to lose, it’s worth it. I get it, but he still sucks for not caring back then.

I can fanwank it now that he was so uninvolved because the life and memories didn't feel right, or because Andre' s process had affected his brain and it took years for him to recover. But I'm sure that thought never crossed the writers minds back  then because he was supposed to be the real Jason.

• Love 1

Is it just me or was there a wee bit of heat between Curtis and Alexis today?  Piqued my interested until I remember that Curtis was dating Jordan.  

I had to laugh when Jordan was throwing her weight around with Anna.  "You're running an op in my town".  Uh honey, Cassandra's running drugs in your town.  You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to stuff going on under your nose.  

I didn't understand the closing scene with Finn telling Anna that he killed Cassandra.  That would have been more powerful if we hadn't seen Cassandra lying on the floor at the house and only seen Anna show up and find Finn high as a kite.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

After SBu came back they wanted to save Kim McC' s appearances for him but there was one scene where she crossed BM's path when they both showed up at Liz's and she told him "you're not Jason and you need to accept it.Bye! " Kim did her best to make Robin sympathetic but it wasn't in the script. And it stank given that BMJason had risked his life for Robin.

That whole Robin and Drew scene was horrible and the scene rang totally false.  The writers acted as if we have not known Robin since she was 5 years old.  There is no way Robin would be so callous, it is not her nature and the viewers know it.  Not even Kim McC could save that scene.  

• Love 4

It's Michael's awful righteous tone that I can't stand,

It's particularly egregious when he keeps mentioning 'family' during his sermons.  Family sure means a lot to him.  His father was killed in cold blood by a vile thug that Mike now calls 'Dad'.

Because what we've all been waiting for is vindication for Franco, clearly.

Will someone please take a stab at explaining to me why I am supposed to care about Franco's childhood this time after they seemed to be building up the plot line for a climax and then SBu hijacked that plot.  Another year of this?!

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Perkie said:

One year ago, on NY eve, both of them were heading out of town, to LA, on the same bus, to lick their wounds.  They ran into each other and decided on that bus to head back to PC and start a relationship.  What she was looking at on her phone was the copy of that bus ticket, and they were reminiscing about that night.  Then he apparently told her that he bought her a ticket to meet midway this year, which she agreed to do.  

Allegedly, he's recurring, but I'm not sure what that means, since we haven't seen him in months.  

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but "against him"  and "trying to do something" are two different things to me.  No one is out to get him or anything like that, but to me, everyone who was in his life, has turned their back against him (sonny, Carly, Diane, Spinelli, Robin, Michael).  That's what I meant, that the poeple who claimed to be his "family have dumped him faster than a hot potato.  The only ones who stuck around are Sam (who's trying hard to keep the life she built),  Liz (since she apparently has no opinion here) and Monica (who's just grateful that there are more Qs in her life)

Eh.  Sam wanted JakeDoeJason and dumped Patrick, so she can sit and spin.  Elizabeth lied to JakeDoeJason and she no longer has to deal with his snarly ass, but she is still stuck with freako serial killing rapist.  Monica is just happy to have another kid/Q around and will go with the flow.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I had to laugh when Jordan was throwing her weight around with Anna.  "You're running an op in my town".  Uh honey, Cassandra's running drugs in your town.  You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to stuff going on under your nose.  

Actually, didn't Anna bring Cassandra to town? Cassandra was in Morocco till Finn lured her to Port Charles. Then she decided to run drugs in Port Charles.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, JTlover said:

How did Jason ‘go along with it’? He didn’t know what Carly was up to when he went on the boat & didn’t even know Sam would be there waiting for Drew. Once he was on, the boat left the dock & he was kind of stuck. As soon as Drew got there & he said he had a boat, he left. He can’t control Carly. No one can! I would think Sam & Drew would know that if they know Carly at all. 

He did kiss Sam, so he fell perfectly into Carly's plan.

22 hours ago, stlbf said:

Sweet Jebus. Carly needs to be told to stay the fuck out of everyone's lives. Jason needs to really tell her to stay the fuck out of it. Or else. Same with Sam, whom Carly suddenly believes is her best girl pal. And Drew needs to cut ties with the bitch.

Jason will look Carly in the eye, which he did, and say "Stay the fuck out of our business" and Carly will do whatever the hell she wants. It is sometimes less than useless.

4 hours ago, Linny said:

It's Michael's awful righteous tone that I can't stand, as if Ned's ideas to modernize and profit are dishonorable, and it's up to Michael the Mega-rich CEO to look out for the little guy. And Michael is supposedly savvy, but doesn't get that Ned bristles when Michael establishes dominance over him (because Michael's younger, a more distant relation to Edward, and first and foremost a Corinthos), and that he would be better served to take a more conciliatory approach.

I know that this isn't a particularly well written show, but a part of hopes Ned now sees what his mother was trying to do with ELQ. Fact is, Michael is descended from the male line while Ned is from the female. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

will look Carly in the eye, which he did, and say "Stay the fuck out of our business" and Carly will do whatever the hell she wants. It is sometimes less than useless.

Jason needs to say "Stay out of my business or I will stay out of your life." And he needs to stick to it. Carly is no longer the scared screwed-up young woman that Jason needed to protect from her own actions and Michael is no longer that defenseless young child. They don't need him like they did and they've just gone five years without him so he can stick to it. If he's really serious about having Carly leave him alone that is.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

There is no way Robin would be so callous, it is not her nature and the viewers know it.  Not even Kim McC could save that scene.  

She was callous because she told him he wasn't Jason. But he still has a wife and family. K.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Is it just me or was there a wee bit of heat between Curtis and Alexis today? 

It was not just you.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I had to laugh when Jordan was throwing her weight around with Anna.  "You're running an op in my town".

Anna has been commissioner. She knows the PCPD is more inept than a bunch of kindergarteners playing cops. I don't know why Jordan keeps harping on Anna being worried about Finn. How about focusing on the drug dealing that could still happen? And I don't know what they did to Jordan's hair, but me no likey.

Laura's sunglasses are ridiculous. I've never liked that style.

It was very strange to see Anna hug Elizabeth so emotionally. 

Ugh, everything concerning Qs today was awful. Michael was a gigantic tool, Olivia was insufferable. Ned was bearable.

Franco's dream was UCG. I liked the striped socks he was wearing—I wonder if that was RoHo or Wardrobe.

2 hours ago, LillyB said:

Oh, joy, Spin is on tomorrow.

How many times are we going to hear the words "the traitor"? Ugh.

• Love 3

So a traitor is anyone who doesn't Sonny as  the boss? Ugh.

Wasn't Liz part of Robin's group back in the day? From that perspective the hug makes sense.  Other than Felicia and Laura,  there's not many people left in Port Charles who can hug Anna.

I'm getting Lady MacBeth vibes from Olivia. It's not a good look on her.

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

She was callous because she told him he wasn't Jason. But he still has a wife and family.

I think she was callous because of how quickly she said that and left. She didn't know if he was still going to have a wife and family or if Sam would go back to Jason. She didn't know if the Quartermains would reject him as the Corinthoses had. She didn't know if he was going to have a breakdown because he just found out that everything he believed was true is a lie. And this is a man who risked his life so she would  be safe. If they can show that Robin speaks to Jason on the phone,  they can show that she cares enough about Drew to ask How he's handling all this.

Carly only cares how people are if they are on her A list. If you're not, she doesn't give a damn. Robin's not like that, she cares about people even if they've hurt her. The show had Robin pull a Carly here.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

It's particularly egregious when he keeps mentioning 'family' during his sermons.  Family sure means a lot to him.  His father was killed in cold blood by a vile thug that Mike now calls 'Dad'.

Michael has always called Sonny that, so that is not surprising.

For me what makes the scenes with Ned and Michael unbearable, is how Michael continues to talk about Edward as if he knew him best and insist that the way Michael wants to run ELQ is the way Edward. Which is blatantly untrue. That would be Ned who Edward has personally groomed to be CEO and had tried many times to get back to being CEO once Ned got over playing at being rock n roll singer. The way Ned wants to run ELQ is the way that Edward would have. Micheal has a distant and oftentimes limited relationship with Edward until he was in his late teens. When Michael starts talking about what Grandfather thought or would have wanted, it sounds as if Michael is quoting from that book that Joss gave to Oscar,

In this argument, I will choose Ned over Michael even if at times Ned will be morally gray in his choices.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

or me what makes the scenes with Ned and Michael unbearable, is how Michael continues to talk about Edward as if he knew him best and insist that the way Michael wants to run ELQ is the way Edward. Which is blatantly untrue. That would be Ned who Edward has personally groomed to be CEO and had tried many times to get back to being CEO once Ned got over playing at being rock n roll singer. The way Ned wants to run ELQ is the way that Edward would have. Micheal has a distant and oftentimes limited relationship with Edward until he was in his late teens. When Michael starts talking about what Grandfather thought or would have wanted, it sounds as if Michael is quoting from that book that Joss gave to Oscar,

In this argument, I will choose Ned over Michael even if at times Ned will be morally gray in his choices.

I want to give you a hug and a cookie right now. I could not have put it any better myself.

When I heard Michael start name slinging Edward around, as if that kid barely shared a meal with the man, barely acknowledged him, hardly knew him, and he sure as hell didn't learn Business 101 sitting at Great Granddaddy's feet as a youngster.

I thought the same thing about the book when Michael went off, had he read a particularly inspiring passage that morning? It was just beyond bizarre for them to have Michael acting like he's suddenly 20 odd years older than he is and he was pretty much Edward's closest confidante.

At this rate Oscar will show up in a few weeks demanding he be made CFO in the company because he can quote the book by heart and obviously that makes him the most skilled Q of all to run the financial workings of the business because Grandpa E's spirit lives within those scarred pages. It's maddening that the show is trying to make this all seem real, when anyone watching during Edward's years would know otherwise without even having to try.

I think what also irked me the most about their scenes were the names and faces of the men that came  to my mind who all rightly so should have been standing where Michael was, sparring off with Ned. A.J. for starters, or how about Justus? Or Dillon, at least old Dillon that I actually liked.

But this whole "let's have Michael take charge and rule over the family as the chosen son" story-line is utter and total tripe imho.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think she was callous because of how quickly she said that and left

She left because he still believed he was Jason and was acting like she was betraying him. And she acknowledged that they BOTH saved each other's lives. Drew acted like a complete ass to everyone who didn't believe him.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The show had Robin pull a Carly here.

Robin pulled a Robin and told the truth. That's who she is. I'm glad she was in character and didn't act like Jason wasn't Jason to coddle Drew Jake Doe Billy Miller, who she's only interacted with a handful of times.

• Love 4