Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

History is being tortured to make SBu's return work.

I hate defending this crap in any way, but in every other story I've seen where a role was recast and then the original actor wanted to come back and the show did not want to boot the replacement actor (minus Carly on GH), the replacement actor was always made out to be a "fake".

It sucks, but it is what it is.

• Love 3

Stuff was already ridiculously convoluted just to bring back Jason in any form whatsoever. Victor just happened to rescue Jason and needed Robin to revive him but then he got hit by a car and needed plastic surgery and also he was actually awake some of that time being brainwashed by Helena??

• Love 7
12 hours ago, fishcakes said:

As I recall, Susan left town because Alan wouldn't divorce Monica, but came back after Jason was born. Then she started dating Scotty, who was trying to use Jason to get money out of Alan. Later she was murdered by ... somebody, and Jason went to live with Alan and Monica, although Monica was verrrrry opposed to it and, contrary to all her retconned recollections about how she loved Jason the moment she held him, she spent at least several months screaming at the poor kid to get away from her and calling him Alan's "bastard son."

My guess is that the story of the secret twin will turn out to be true, but it's Billy Miller who was Jason's twin who Heather sold to Betsy Franco. So Billy Miller and Franco grew up together for a while, and the boy in the photograph with Franco is young BM, Jason's identical twin.  Later, BM left the Franco household because, well, because Helena, I suppose. I'm not sure how Franco ends up believing he's the secret twin himself (maybe that's what crazy-ass Betsy told him) or that BM was only his imaginary friend, but I'm sure they'll explain it all in some entirely unconvincing fashion because that is what happens when writers don't have a plan. If Franco is indeed Heather and Scotty's kid, then he'd be Jason's second cousin (and, if my theory is correct, Billy Miller's as well) because Heather and Susan Moore were first cousins.

Wow, you're good. 

So - SBu is coming back as the real Jason?   If so, then good.  I've never been able to wrap my head around BM's version.  Even though SBu's Jason might as well have been a wooden statue, it was the one I'd become accustomed to - that is, after I grieved for years for the teen-age, smiley, wanna-be-a-doctor Jason.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

My guess is that the story of the secret twin will turn out to be true, but it's Billy Miller who was Jason's twin who Heather sold to Betsy Franco. So Billy Miller and Franco grew up together for a while, and the boy in the photograph with Franco is young BM,

Which could work.  But here's my problem with it, Jake found a photo of young Jason in the box of pictures from Monica.  That picture matched the kid in Franco's picture.  But Monica would not have photos of BM, she'd have a photo of SBu.  So why would the photo of SBu match the photo of BM from Franco?    

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Wow, you're good. 

So - SBu is coming back as the real Jason?   If so, then good.  I've never been able to wrap my head around BM's version.  Even though SBu's Jason might as well have been a wooden statue, it was the one I'd become accustomed to - that is, after I grieved for years for the teen-age, smiley, wanna-be-a-doctor Jason.

SBu grew too robotic, BM is too "hyuck hyuck, how you doin' there champ." Surely there's a balance somewhere in between.

Maybe Steve will actually emote a bit again. He can do it, if he wants to.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Which could work.  But here's my problem with it, Jake found a photo of young Jason in the box of pictures from Monica.  That picture matched the kid in Franco's picture.  But Monica would not have photos of BM, she'd have a photo of SBu.  So why would the photo of SBu match the photo of BM from Franco?    

My head is exploding.  I seriously cannot follow how the show is retconning this story line.  It's as if I'm in a maze of fun-house mirrors.

• Love 5

I just caught up on last week's episodes, and these are my random thoughts:

• Carly in the chapel: "Bring Jason back...especially for his wife." Oh please, Carly. You want him back for YOU. Are we supposed to forget all the years we've had to listen to you sniping or guilt-tripping with 'Jason's my best friend/I'm Jason's best friend'? Shutup.
  • Jason in the hospital. Again. Who cares anymore? Even with the melancholy violin incidental music and Sam's non-stop crying/low-volume mumbling, it's like watching test patterns -- boring and annoying. I'm not kidding; I genuinely wonder if there are viewers out there who are touched by those scenes and feel sympathetic towards any of the characters.
  • OMG at Jake having an airbrushed headshot of 1990's Jason Quartermaine. There's something comedic about shows using obvious headshots as photos that are around the house or as caller ID.
  • Volonino's must get a monthly cash infusion from Sonny to stay in business. The place is always deserted. With some extras and some stationary bikes and ellipticals, it could be a good setting for scenes...Lulu and Maxie having a gossip sesh, Curtis and Jordan having an actual conversation -- one that doesn't have to do with Auntie Stella or the late Thomas, Kiki and (she needs a friend). And they could make Kristina study to be a physical therapist and do internship hours there working with various characters who have ailments (like her dad and his bum knee, Jason and whatever's wrong with him, whoever falls down the stairs or has a car accident, etc.).
Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

So why would the photo of SBu match the photo of BM from Franco?

It would match if they were identical twins, which they would have to be because Robin saved and escaped with someone she thought was Jason. He was the one who got run down by Ava, had plastic surgery, and emerged as BM.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, fishcakes said:

It would match if they were identical twins, which they would have to be because Robin saved and escaped with someone she thought was Jason. He was the one who got run down by Ava, had plastic surgery, and emerged as BM.

Yep.  We know--at least from what we've been told--that BM's character had OGJason's face prior to Ava hitting him, because Robin recognized him as Jason.  So any pics Monica has of OGJason would match BM's FauxJason because they're identical twins.

So, following this: Heather sold TWO kids to Betsy Franco?   Or is Franco not really Heather's kid, rather really Betsy's, thus making him zero relationship to either of the Jasons?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So, following this: Heather sold TWO kids to Betsy Franco?   Or is Franco not really Heather's kid, rather really Betsy's, thus making him zero relationship to either of the Jasons?

I would love it if Franco were no relation, but I don't think we'll get that lucky. They're determined to tie him to Port Charles history so we can never be rid of him.

If Heather sold both Franco and BM, that would make three kids she sold, since she also sold Steven Lars to Peter and Diana Taylor. She was quite the little businesswoman.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

If Heather sold both Franco and BM, that would make three kids she sold, since she also sold Steven Lars to Peter and Diana Taylor. She was quite the little businesswoman.

She really had a stranglehold on black market babies in Port Charles.  If not for the batshit crazy, she could've gone places!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CoolWhipLite said:

'Jason's my best friend/I'm Jason's best friend'

This angle has been fairly neglected every since BM came on the show, but I'm especially surprised that with SBu returning, we haven't been getting anvilled to death that Carly is wondering about her BFF.

1 hour ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Volonino's must get a monthly cash infusion from Sonny to stay in business. The place is always deserted. With some extras and some stationary bikes and ellipticals, it could be a good setting for scenes

LOL that you say this, because when the set first appeared, we did see more characters meeting there.

• Love 2

Enough with dumb ass landers. Just say no Nathan. Why should anyone care about Amy's unseen brother? Maxie will probably tell Nina who ass man landers is and Nathan and her will separate.

What is Stella going to do now? Move in with Curtis so he can't be with Jordan?

By the time anyone gets custody of Charlotte she'll be an adult.

• Love 5
On 9/8/2017 at 4:38 PM, dubbel zout said:

Ah, okay. But couldn't she ask Anna for the information?

I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. Charlotte, please step in front of a bullet and end this terrible story.

I'm  all for Charlotte just going off with an escaped Claudette. Who is proven to be her biological mother. And she is gone until she is a useful teen/young adult. Really, the idea of Charlotte isn't a bad one. She really isn't a relation to most of PC as a Cassadine. Just Alexis and her girls and Spencer.  I just say that the show goes with Valentin being a bastard and wanting to screw over Laura, the Spencers and perhaps Helena. Now that he likes being able to pawn off his kid for sexcapades with Nina, he is fine with someone giving him free babysitting. 

5 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Ok, I can see that.  

What bothers me the most is that they are retconning an already retconned story, involving two of the characters I hate the most (Jason and Franco).  There's just so much to hate all around for me.  

• Love 7

He is not without (many) flaws, but to me Steve Burton is Jason and will always be Jason.  When I hear Jason Morgan, I think of SB.  BM is good, I liked him on another soap and he has done his best to make Jason his own.  But now that SB wants back in, I think tptb would be wise to cut their losses and let BM go.  The story is just going to be ridiculous, and all to accommodate both actors on the canvas.

It does suck, because I actually really do like Billy Miller.  But when the original actor of an iconic character wants back in, most of the time the replacement is going to get the boot.  It's not fair, but BM had a good run and a steady paycheck that is nothing to sneeze at.  I just think whatever happens with this story is just going to be a disservice to everyone.

• Love 4

Ugh. Shut up, Sam, and go take a walk.

Hate that those kids call Olivia "Nonna". Too forced. And she is going to make baked ziti for them. Yeah, I get it. She's supposed to be Italian. She annoys the crap out of me. Also, her voice is weird. Hits my ear hard.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 6

Franco cracking wise about Steven Lars being in jail made me furious.  I wish Liz had overhead that.  He's her brother too, you gross dick!

Props to Heather for eating the BLT, but refusing to see him or give him any deets.

• Love 6
On 9/7/2017 at 2:08 PM, rur said:

Poor them for a couple reasons. First off, writers, I don't think cold-blooded animals seek out cold air, unless they've overheated themselves. If I remember my 9th grade biology correctly, they need to be in a warm place to get their muscles working.  Don't make your characters look stupid. Second, and this is my bigger complaint of the two, no matter how hard I try, I can't see any heat between Vinessa and Donnell. I don't think it's his lack of trying, though. I think it's a  combination of her and the terrible dialogue. 

I've been "lurking" GH lately rather than actually watching. Jordan and Curtis indeed have no romantic chemistry, IMO, despite them both being stunningly attractive people (for the record, stunning attractiveness doesn't always work). I remember when Curtis was first introduced and TJ referred to him as uncle Curtis. I instantly assumed that Curtis was Jordan's brother given how he and Jordan interacted. It just reeked of sibling-style squabbling between them. Perhaps TPTB should've run with that angle. What's the verdict on Ava and Griffin? Are they destined to be an actual couple? She's murderous trash for sure, but Griffin definitely needs a woman, or at the very least, he needs to get "SOME!" Steve Burton is coming back as Jason? Sigh! So presumably Sam will reunite with him but who will get BM's version of him? I wish they had just introduced Billy Miller as a new character to Port Charles from the beginning, and not have him be Jason. Has Maxie not come back yet? Nathan is still hanging out with Amy? I thought Maxie was supposed to have returned by now.

• Love 1

LOL at Lulu's look at Ava and Valentin. It was very soapy. Running over and barging into their meeting was really rude, though.

I'm so sick of Sam sitting vigil by Jason's hospital bed and refusing to do anything else. 

7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Franco cracking wise about Steven Lars being in jail made me furious.  I wish Liz had overhead that.  He's her brother too, you gross dick!

I'd be surprised if Liz remembered she had a brother the way this show ignores everything.

Uh, Dante, I seem to remember your father is also a low-life thug, yet you want a relationship with him. Why should Charlotte (and Leo, for that matter) be any different? And hey, Olivia, why can't you teach Leo how to use a stick shift? Driving is not a gendered activity.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I guess I can't be pleased when it comes to Sam, because I hate her when she's weepy and I hate her when she's mean. She was downright nasty to Liz and Carly for no good reason. I'm all for those two getting called out on their shitty behavior, but today they didn't do anything to deserve Sam's attitude. And we watched Sam apologize to Sonny for weeks for her paranoia of him taking away Jason, so how does it make sense for her to now accuse Carly of the same thing? It's a shame that the uneven way they're writing Sam has made me dislike her so much.

Ziti, baseball, and video games; Rocco's party was sponsored by Stereotypes R Us. 

I don't blame Heather for not talking to Franco. I, too, would take the lukewarm BLT without the side of psychopathic manchild. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Linny said:

And we watched Sam apologize to Sonny for weeks for her paranoia of him taking away Jason, so how does it make sense for her to now accuse Carly of the same thing?

Because we're supposed to see how Sam is really feeling guilty and angry toward herself for stupidly to barging into the meeting. It's all misplaced emotion.

Shut up, Olivia. Poor LiLoC. Her character is awful. 

WTF? Sonny and Griffin are now drinking at the MetroCourt bar? Isn't Griffin still on duty?

Sonny, maybe God is punishing you, by hurting the people you love. Try that on for size.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Everyone who hasn't been in a nuclear bunker knows that SBu is coming back as Jason.  There is zero suspense in this "Jason may never come out of the coma" story.

It astounds me how bad these writers are. There are better written stories in fanfiction.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny and Griffin are now drinking at the MetroCourt bar? Isn't Griffin still on duty?

Not only that, but Griffin was in scrubs.  So, Sonny waited around for him to change into street clothes, then they headed over to the Metrocourt for their chat?  Couldn't that have been done in the hospital chapel or cafeteria where it would make sense?  

1 hour ago, Linny said:

It's a shame that the uneven way they're writing Sam has made me dislike her so much.

I've always felt she was written in this manner. She was never consistent, and it wasn't because her character was "growing" or "maturing." It was just hypocritical, like many other characters on this show.

I sure hope the birthday boy and/or his father don't go into anaphylactic shock or die from the party decorations. The way they found out Ben/Rocco was Dante’s son was because they were both allergic to latex. Don't most balloons have latex?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Linny said:

It's a shame that the uneven way they're writing Sam has made me dislike her so much.

I like that she was bitchy with Liz. She should be bitchy to Liz most of the time.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

At this point I think they are writing the dialogue using Mad Libs. 

PS.  Ava was said to have burned over 50% of her body. If they had just used the same magic cream on her face that they apparently used to heal the rest of her body, she'd be good to go.    

• Love 6
On 9/10/2017 at 0:52 PM, Perkie said:

Boom.  Which is why BM should be playing not dead AJ.   I know,  age, etc etc.   But come on Billy Warlock came after Sean Kanaan.   They're physically total opposites.  So, we Helena that out. Just make the Franco pic that Heather kidnapped Jason or AJ as kids for a small random from Alan.   Or it's a random kid and Franco is a crazy serial killer that no one cares about.   

Then we get to the real beauty of it.  Everyone collectively loses their shit.   Liz and AJ get together because Helena.   Franco is like Poochie and dies on the way to his home planet 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Franco is like Poochie and dies on the way to his home planet 

Ok, if you can make this happen, a year's supply of chocolate covered almonds are on your way to you.   And a pony.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I like that she was bitchy with Liz. She should be bitchy to Liz most of the time.

That's uneven writing. Because Sam's interaction with Liz and Carly, for example, changes monthly, sometimes weekly. She's either super zen and full of love with Liz and telling her she preggers or she's giving her the finger. Same with Carly. 

• Love 3

I can't believe Ava is this stupid.  What's to keep Valentin from holding up his end of the bargain once she's signed the papers?  Why didn't she go to her lawyer with "in the event of my death/disappearance" letter?  

• Love 5

It shouldn't take Lulu long to put it together, either. Valentin was so smug with her not even fifteen minutes earlier that there were no criminal charges against him and so he was just as fit to parent Charlotte as she, and soon thereafter she sees Valentin and Ava at a table talking and Ava is signing a piece of paper? Get yourself to a lawyer quickly, Lesley Lu!

I know GF is taking her off-screen vacation and the storyline is that she and Kevin are still in Europe, but there is no way Laura wouldn't have made it a priority to come home in time for her grandson's birthday and her new granddaughter's first day of school. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Props to Heather for eating the BLT, but refusing to see him or give him any deets.

If Franco had brain, then maybe he should've dragged Liz into his Heather plan. Heather's general existence has been about getting Steven Lars' attention. Having Liz offer to forward some letters to him or even just having Liz offer to tell her brother that Heather was being a good person if she is truthful and cooperative about Franco's childhood. Heather may not trust Franco anymore, but Liz is a whole other subject. 

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

It shouldn't take Lulu long to put it together, either. Valentin was so smug with her not even fifteen minutes earlier that there were no criminal charges against him and so he was just as fit to parent Charlotte as she, and soon thereafter she sees Valentin and Ava at a table talking and Ava is signing a piece of paper? Get yourself to a lawyer quickly, Lesley Lu!

Meh. All Valentin and Ava would have to claim is that they were conducting some art transaction. Doing a cladestine meeting about witness tampering in public, is kind of bold or incredibly stupid.

As for Laura, why not just have someone mention that Laura(and hell, Spencer and Leslie too) had skyped earlier? 

• Love 1

Can some storyline put Sam in a coma for a while? We've seen how she can get people around her injured, but she never manages to take herself off the field.  

Also, weird failure to use history when the spittle was flying about the long-term care facility (which Sam bizarrely sees as an unacceptable alternative to keeping someone in an acute-care hospital indefinitely while she whispers and drips tears on him, which she could be doing there too). Why didn't Carly say something like, "Look, you remember when Michael was shot. Sonny and I agonized over that decision, but we did what was best for him. We sent him to The Facility That Jax Found®, because there wasn't anything we or the doctors at the hospital could do for him anymore. And he's fine now. And Jason will be too!"

• Love 11

If they disapproved so highly Valentin gift for Rocco, why didn't Dante and Lulu confiscate the birthday present when Rocco asked permission to open it? (And really how many kids that age would be polite enough to ask permission to open a gift?) They  could have asked him to hand it over, giving some excuse. Taking their identical present back to the store was just cowardly and weak. They were outplayed. Even though Valentin tried to ace it by claiming that it was from Charlotte too, they could have said she wasn't expected to give him a present, and was just invited there for ziti and cake.

And Olivia was again a loudmouth interfering with family tradition when she urged Lulu and Dante to spoil Rocco with the most expensive gifts possible. Olivia and Aunt Stella are the most opinionated know-it-alls.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Jason was shot, very clearly, in the chest--not the head. So why is he in a coma? By now they could have used Bactine and bandages to cure that gunshot right up and have Jason mumbling with Sonny while Sam twerks in anticipation of his return to their happy home.

Sonny thinks he is being protective of Carly and Joss by hesitating to move them back into his compound. But Carly immediately took it as an opportunity to move Sam out of the way to get to Jason herself. Her insults to Sam "SO WHAT?" were shocking and brazen when Sam reminded Carly how Carly and Liz had kept the Morgans apart with lies.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Also, weird failure to use history when the spittle was flying about the long-term care facility (which Sam bizarrely sees as an unacceptable alternative to keeping someone in an acute-care hospital indefinitely while she whispers and drips tears on him, which she could be doing there too). Why didn't Carly say something like, "Look, you remember when Michael was shot. Sonny and I agonized over that decision, but we did what was best for him. We sent him to The Facility That Jax Found®, because there wasn't anything we or the doctors at the hospital could do for him anymore. And he's fine now. And Jason will be too!"

I know. Sam was acting like putting Jason in a long-term care facility was failing him somehow, and she'd be barred from seeing him ever again. And then we had that bizarre accusation that Carly wanted Jason for himself. Of course she does, but that's not at all what Carly was getting at there. I suppose that's our first "clue" that Sam's stupid infection is acting up, so that when she sees SBu, everyone thinks she's hallucinating. Gah.

7 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

And Olivia was again a loudmouth interfering with family tradition when she urged Lulu and Dante to spoil Rocco with the most expensive gifts possible.

Actually, Olivia was suggesting that Lulu and Dante tell her what to spoil Rocco with, which is SOP for grandparents, IMO.

• Love 1

I wonder how much it would cost to get Stuart Damon to come back.  They can have him wake up in the hospital after he was shot in the Metro Court and all that happened since then was just a dream ala Dallas.  That wasn't exactly the high point of GH, but it was better than it is now and I want Alan Quartermain back.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think they're writing Sam unevenly, there's just too much of her weeping, and in general she gets a lot of airtime for being a glorified talk-to character. If Sam and Jason weren't Sam and Jason they probably would have been put on the happy couple backburner.

I agree, especially IF Elizabeth is allowed to be not only bitchy in return, but to OUT all of the shit that Sam did in 2006 and 2007 (seducing Ric, watching Jake's kidnapping and hiring those thugs).  Otherwise, it is piss poor writing for itty bitty poor Sam and Elizabeth constantly being trashed.

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I wonder how much it would cost to get Stuart Damon to come back.  They can have him wake up in the hospital after he was shot in the Metro Court and all that happened since then was just a dream ala Dallas.  That wasn't exactly the high point of GH, but it was better than it is now and I want Alan Quartermain back.

Apparently SD is way too ill to return to the show and that makes me sad.  I miss Alan, Emily, AJ and Justis!

• Love 7