Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't think there was one part of today's show that didn't push me into a rage blackout. All of the stories I despise dealt with on the same day. Thanks, Show.

2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

See, Franco? What Sam did today is what remorse looks like.

IMO, Sam's remorse is overdone. She's been sobbing and apologizing to Sonny for days. I'm surprised she didn't open a vein. I don't believe Sonny getting shot in the leg was intentional. Sam meant to shoot him, yes, but the way I saw that scene was that the gun went off when Sonny was trying to take it away from Sam. She didn't deliberately pull the trigger at that moment. The only deliberate act was awesomely kicking Sonny into the pit.

Luckily for everyone, the mighty Sonny Corinthos is here to explain mental illness. UGH.

And I just can't with the Franco/Elizabeth nonsense. The show decides to (semi-seriously) tackle his art being linked to his SERIAL KILLING now? Four years after RoHo starts? 

Ned, does it really matter if Alexis has residual feelings for Julian? She's right not to want to get involved in your nightmare of a custody mess for any reason. And the trial. Who cares?

• Love 9

I guess we're supposed to think Sam LOVES Sonny, as opposed to a man she likes well enough but would not hang around with if not for her husband, and that's why all the tears.

Carly is shocked Sonny would lie. I can't with this show.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

I'm so over this feeble version of Sam who is permanently crying. I'm at the point where her apologies and praise of Sonny, nauseating though they may be, are no longer the worst part of this mess. The worst part is how fucking WEAK they're making her, that her men have to close ranks around her and protect her because she's too vulnerable to take care of herself. There's no strength or fight in Sam anymore, just endless tears and guilt. 

Discussion of Franco's artistic genius and his sob story about a lonely childhood: hard pass. He's not tortured and misunderstood, he's crazy, full stop. 

I actually liked Alexis and Ned's scenes. She needs a sounding board other than her daughters, and since Jax is unfortunately unavailable, Ned is a nice substitute. There's enough history between them to justify their conversation, and his faith in her was genuine and sweet.

• Love 9
On 8/22/2017 at 5:41 PM, LexieLily said:

You'd never know Liz was a rape victim the way she blithely ignores Franco's sexual assaults because of the tumor and the way she uses her son to force Sam to constantly interact with her rapist.

I can't stand Franco, and I hate that Liz is with him,  but Sam is not "forced" to constantly interact with her rapist.  Sam chose to re-marry Jason, knowing the Jason,Franco, Liz, Jake circumstances. In the time she and nuJason have been together, Jason has not stood up and volunteered to do all of any necessary interacting with Franco while simultaneously demanding that Franco keep his distance from Sam. (IMO, those are a given for a half decent husband of a woman who has been through that trauma).  Sam also has not asked or pressured him to do so.  As far as I'm concerned, Jason absolutely is to blame for Sam being targeted, and for her spending any time at all with Franco now. Sam's trauma occurred because Franco wanted to mess with Jason's head, because he had become fixated on Jason because Jason was a killer. Jason was not some innocent guy targeted by a psycho; he chose to kill for Sonny. And  Jake is Jason's son, not Sam's.  Jason is the one not taking more-to-most of the responsibility for parenting his  eldest son and ensuring that his son spends a lot of Franco-free time in the Morgan household. Maybe Jason should ask for joint custody if he wants Jake to spend more time with him, Sam, Danny and baby Emily Scout. Oh, that's right ... the judge would say "Hey, this birth certificate indicates you are not Jacob's father."  In real life where the focus is not on manufacturing gross drama, Jason wouldn't have any claim on Jake in the first place. 

I think Liz is mostly about wanting people to accept her relationship as "legit" and not label it as gross, because her previous relationships have blown up in her face.  She needs a lot of therapy (like many on this show).

• Love 6

why is julian on trial? this olivia jerome story has been going on forever.

why did sam get poop disease? she goes in the hospital for like a day and a half and now shes  not sick. shes now crying to sonny how sorry she is. its stupid. 

a better story for sam would be her talking to andre and figuring out why she is really scared. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm so over this feeble version of Sam who is permanently crying. I'm at the point where her apologies and praise of Sonny, nauseating though they may be, are no longer the worst part of this mess. The worst part is how fucking WEAK they're making her, that her men have to close ranks around her and protect her because she's too vulnerable to take care of herself. There's no strength or fight in Sam anymore, just endless tears and guilt. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the show is trying to make Emmy-bait tapes for Kelly again in that role, using the Sonny-shooting scenes and her remorse scenes.

• Love 1

Liz has a mortgage? Didn't Jason give her the house? Or am I remembering wrong? And Liz, Franco IS responsible for his past actions. He didn't just rip off a couple of people, he KILLED them. For kicks. Tumor be damned, he's still a killer. 

Roger, please, I'm begging you, wash your hair!!!!!

Me during Julian's trial: ?  

me during Sam's apology: ?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lor said:

why is julian on trial? this olivia jerome story has been going on forever.

why did sam get poop disease? she goes in the hospital for like a day and a half and now shes  not sick. shes now crying to sonny how sorry she is. its stupid. 

a better story for sam would be her talking to andre and figuring out why she is really scared. 

Julian is on trial because Sonny doesn't like him.   

Sam got cat poop disease because she gave birth in a dirty river that was a habitat for dumpster cats.  She's crying to Sonny because everyone must apologize to  Sonny for everything. 

Sam talking to a therapist would be great soap.  As would Michael, Jason, Monica, Carly, and eh Sonny.  But poor Andre doesn't have time for all of that.  Kevin can't do it because he is a personal chauffeur to Spencer now.  

6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Liz has a mortgage? Didn't Jason give her the house? Or am I remembering wrong? And Liz, Franco IS responsible for his past actions. He didn't just rip off a couple of people, he KILLED them. For kicks. Tumor be damned, he's still a killer. 

Roger, please, I'm begging you, wash your hair!!!!!

Me during Julian's trial: ?  

me during Sam's apology: ?

He had fresh hair when he returned.   Does he not know it has to be washed more often?  Or did they film his scenes consecutively and this is the price he has to pay.  Because on ... that other show...his hair was quite lovely.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Liz has a mortgage? Didn't Jason give her the house? Or am I remembering wrong?

That was the house that blew up.  This house she bought on her own after Jason was already back with Sam.

• Love 1

Two days of St. Sonny is two days too much for me.  Isn't he just the bestest father ever to Kristina?  Hey,  who cares about when that car blew up? And remember why she's called Kristina? Because of Sonny.

Alexis' talk with Ned would have been sweet if 1. Ned wasn't trying to force the adoption of Leo and 2.  Ned hadn't tried to keep Alexis from seeing her baby leading to the ridiculous butler arc.

Liz:  Why did you destroy the paintings?

Franco: Because they're ugly.

Me:  Yes. So, very ugly.  Not the mirror one but the rest should be destroyed.

18 hours ago, stlbf said:

Too bad GH doesn't really have any real "working class" characters right now. The only people who even mentioned money woes are Dr. O(just fired, former criminal mastermind), HayChel(needing cash to hide the fact that she permanently injured an innocent little girl and got her hubby to take her punishment) and the now missing Brad. 

It would be nice to see an actual low wage staff member talk about childcare costs. Which can be insane. And needing friends and family to pitch in to keep their kid. Lauren doesn't count. Felix is a RN with a few years of experience. Amy is a newer nurse, but she also doesn't have kids. But she is helping care for her brother. And is using that as an excuse for the AssMan stuff.

Yes to the need for expanding the types of people and expanding the canvas in general instead of endlessly repeating the same stories.  I wish GH would take a tip from Guiding Light who set up the show with a rich family, a middle class one and a working class family.  They got a whole lot of mileage from mixing things up like that. But on GH, it's endlessly the same quasi middle class.  Even the Quartermaines have been defanged. 

• Love 2

I wonder if the show told Becky Herbst that they were putting Jason back with Sam  forevah, and if she wanted to stay on the show she would have to act really in love, super impressed, and sexually satisfied with RoHo Freako? So instead of seeking a job elsewhere she's having to kiss his paintbrushes and put up with his filthy hair?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

Gee, Franco painted a picture of imaginary friend as a child who he was super important to him and then went away. I have watch enough soaps especially bad soaps to know a set up for 

Spoiler

SB's return and the tale of the 2 Jason being tied with Franco

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 3

Please someone explain to me, like I am Morgan, why they made Hayden pregnant? Is it so she can pop up again in six months because Dr Michael Easton has fallen in love with his new girlfriend (who looks pretty)?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Didn't Rebecca Budig character get $5 million from Nik in their divorce settlement

She was supposed to but Nik weaseled out of it when he found out about the Berlin diamonds and the faked his death. If Nik is still alive, they will still be legally married 

The Sonny/Carly/Sam/Jason showdown was anything but.  What a pathetic show of a confrontation where Sonny bitches and moans a version of "I didn't want you to GET MAD" and Carly wails "how COULD YOU" to Jason because according to Carly, Jason and Carly have ALWAYS trusted each other and had each other's backs, except for the many, many, MANY times where that wasn't the case at all.  Here's the perfect opportunity for these four selfish, moronic assholes to turn on each other and throw all sorts of old petty jealousies, old betrayals and lies, old backstabbings in each faces and the show doesn't go for it.

Instead, it's all about how Jason is DIFFERENT NOW.  But even that comes with Sonny and Carly hilariously whinging to each other about how old Jason used to gladly take risks for THEIR snowflake asses and now he's choosing not to because things have changed for him but this is supposed to be a giant clue as to how Jason is not REAL Jason and not instead, another highlight of how mentally deranged Sonny and Carly are individually and collectively. This freaking show. I cannot wait for the demos and ratings to fall flat on their faces for the Borg's return.

• Love 6

How much longer will Jean Passanante's name be on the show?

2 minutes ago, Vella said:

now he's choosing not to because things have changed for him but this is supposed to be a giant clue as to how Jason is not REAL Jason

"Now we know what we stand to lose." So all those deaths, shootings, kidnapping, rapes, and beatdowns weren't enough to drive the point home? Alrighty then.

• Love 5

For one brief, shining moment when Carly was angry at Sonny and Jason I liked their scene. And then it all fell apart.  Because wiminz, even Carly, can never be right.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

She was supposed to but Nik weaseled out of it when he found out about the Berlin diamonds and the faked his death. If Nik is still alive, they will still be legally married 

That might almost be interesting.  Right now the story is still snoozeville although having Anna in it makes it a touch better.

I may be the only one but I liked the trial scenes today.  I'm going to miss Julian when he's gone. A verdict that fast has to be bad news.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

OMG, the anvils that Jason is "different." Proof #1: He doesn't unthinkingly do whatever Sonny and Carly want. Proof #2: Sam feels their "special connection" failed her. Proof #3: Jason himself says he's not the same person. Dun-dun-DUN!

Of course Julian is going to jail. This was when WdV's contract negotiations were falling apart.

More LOL in the previews: Dillon going off to Morocco. Is that how they're getting rid of RWP? I'm surprised a Q is allowed to live.

• Love 6

So much groundwork being laid for something being amiss with this version of Jason, and all of it's ridiculous. "Jason didn't want to work with Sonny on the distillery project! Why does Jason suddenly care about risk and public perception? Why can't Jason take care of Carly when she's feeling lost?" I can't believe that this--Jason looking out for himself and his family, not Sonny and Carly--is the justification they're using to indicate he's not normal. After all that Jason has been through, he should be allowed to grow and have his priorities shift without it being considered sacrilege. But instead, Jason is different=Jason is wrong. One of my biggest problems with Sonny and Carly is that they're static characters who never change or develop in any way, and I hate that Jason's changes will likely be reset with Steve Burton's arrival, putting us back at square one.

The trial is agonizing for me to watch, I'm so bored by it. Alexis must run to get a manicure constantly, because her nails keep changing color (blue when she testified, red with Kristina/Carly/Ned, blue again today.) 

I hope Valentin is proud of himself for using Charlotte as a pawn to manipulate Nina, because without Charlotte I'm not certain Nina would be so quick to reconcile. 

Blabbermouth Lucy was only on screen for two minutes and still managed to piss me off, that may be a new record.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

I can't believe that this--Jason looking out for himself and his family, not Sonny and Carly--is the justification they're using to indicate he's not normal.

Typical: Sonny and Carly are mad they aren't the top priority for Jason anymore. 

What I found especially dumb was Sonny using the distillery project as something that really sounded the alarm for him. Of course people are going to think it's a mob front. Sonny's connected to it! Jason pointing that out isn't a betrayal by any stretch. I know it's Sonny, but you'd think he'd have some awareness of the optics.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know it's Sonny, but you'd think he'd have some awareness of the optics.

How could he?  He doesn't have the cognitive capacity to see anything outside of his personal viewpoint.

Empathy is an unknown world for him.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Does this mean that we're going to lose Billy Miller?  Because tbh I much prefer him over droided SBu.

The writing is composed of bad anvils.

He isn't leaving. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I was listening to "Anastasia" and the image of Steve Burton wandering through the broken down penthouse set while the echoes of Maurice Benard, Tamara Braun, Sarah Brown, Dylan Cash, Alicia Leigh Willis and Guza dance around him popped into my head lol.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Please tell me they are not going to pair Finn and Anna?

What was the point of making Charlotte Lulu's kid? I know ER has been on maternity leave, but that child has been nothing but a prop for Val and Nina. Charlotte wants to be just like Nina? Does that mean she can go be in a coma for a few years?

CarSon whining about losing their errand boy. Gross. 

• Love 4

I see that Scotty and the DA were classmates at the University of Loud Lawyering. Sure guys, just scream the questions out in court. That's the way all the best attorneys do it.

I'd say more, but I'm too busy pondering the superhard question of, "Why Is Jason Different Now?"

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Please tell me they are not going to pair Finn and Anna?

Um.

11 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

What was the point of making Charlotte Lulu's kid? I know ER has been on maternity leave, but that child has been nothing but a prop for Val and Nina. Charlotte wants to be just like Nina? Does that mean she can go be in a coma for a few years?

I suppose to give Lulu, Dante and Laura some semblance of stuff and to connect Valentin and Nina to an established part of the canvas.

• Love 2

Aren't they laying it on a tad thick with the whole Jason thing? At least on OL, we weren't sure until the last minute if RoHo was actually going to be the real Todd. But all this 'Jason isn't the same' and 'what if our connection is gone?' Is ridiculous. We all know SBu is the real Jason. The only question is who is Billy Miller going to be?

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

I will never understand why the writing wants us to think Charlotte and Nina had this super-deep stepmother/stepdaughter bond when at most Charlotte has known Nina four months more than she's known Lulu.

Today's scenes made me nervous. Valentin is using his three hours of visitation to take Charlotte to a class and hang out with Nina? And last week he said he was "willing to consider shared custody with Lulu" like he had any power at all. I wouldn't put it past this dumb show to have given custody back to Valentin completely off-screen. 

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

CarSon whining about losing their errand boy. Gross. 

It feels not so much like Jason doesn't want to work with Sonny, but Jason basically just doesn't want to do anything, so Sonny's feelings really shouldn't be that hurt.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

For one brief, shining moment when Carly was angry at Sonny and Jason I liked their scene. And then it all fell apart.  Because wiminz, even Carly, can never be right.

Now, God knows I hate the gender-biased tone the show has taken just as much as all of you do . . . but I don't think it's about gender this time.  For once, I think it was about Sonny and Carly (and Jason) finally doing something they should've been doing years ago: talking things through.  It's something that has admittedly failed them over the course of their history, so they finally managed to talk something through with some actual peaceful resolution.  So while I don't care for them or their dynamic, it was actually kind of . . . refreshing that they hashed it out with very minimal yelling (if any at all) and mostly talking it over like adults.

That said, I'd have liked her to stay angry at them for longer, too, because yeah, I was totally feeling her when she mentioned the irony of the "latecomer," Sam, being honest with her while the two men she considered her inner circle had actively tried to keep the truth from her.  In that moment, Carly had said exactly what I was thinking about the whole situation.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Today's scenes made me nervous. Valentin is using his three hours of visitation to take Charlotte to a class and hang out with Nina? And last week he said he was "willing to consider shared custody with Lulu" like he had any power at all. I wouldn't put it past this dumb show to have given custody back to Valentin completely off-screen. 

And?  What the hell is so bad about that?  Please enlighten me.  He's her father.  The man has as much right to be in her life as her father as Lulu does as her mother.

3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Aren't they laying it on a tad thick with the whole Jason thing? At least on OL, we weren't sure until the last minute if RoHo was actually going to be the real Todd. But all this 'Jason isn't the same' and 'what if our connection is gone?' Is ridiculous. We all know SBu is the real Jason. The only question is who is Billy Miller going to be?

Bwhahahahahah.  I love it.  It's very clear that these writers don't have a clue on how to write a compelling story dealing with Fake and Real Jason Morgan.

I was really into RC's Tale of Two Todd's and ABC/D had to cancel the show.  Ugh.

• Love 3

This is Fake Jason, right? He's gonna rip off his Billy Miller mask & be Steve Burton?! Yeah! The last 3 years of your storyline didn't exist & we have our real Jason now. You are no longer needed.

• Love 2

I like BM and think the show should have slowly revealed that he was NOT Jason Morgan before SBu decided to return to the show.  How would Fake Jason deal with suddenly having memories of a life that was not that of JQ or JM?

• Love 4

Were the fake memories implanted by Helena?  Even when she's dead, it's all her fault.

27 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Now, God knows I hate the gender-biased tone the show has taken just as much as all of you do . . . but I don't think it's about gender this time.  For once, I think it was about Sonny and Carly (and Jason) finally doing something they should've been doing years ago: talking things through.  It's something that has admittedly failed them over the course of their history, so they finally managed to talk something through with some actual peaceful resolution.  So while I don't care for them or their dynamic, it was actually kind of . . . refreshing that they hashed it out with very minimal yelling (if any at all) and mostly talking it over like adults.

It's true that they finally talked something through and yes, they should have done it a long time ago and if I shipped them I would be very happy that they are finally behaving like adults.  But Carly was in the wrong when she demanded that they should have been honest with her because Sonny and Jason ended up being right to hide it from her.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Carly was in the wrong when she demanded that they should have been honest with her because Sonny and Jason ended up being right to hide it from her.

I'm genuinely curious: Why were they right to hide it from Carly? She was only very briefly upset with Sam (that was done well, I thought), and she wouldn't have gone to the police. Not having the PCPD find out was the biggest reason no one was talking.

39 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I like BM and think the show should have slowly revealed that he was NOT Jason Morgan before SBu decided to return to the show.  How would Fake Jason deal with suddenly having memories of a life that was not that of JQ or JM?

That had the possibility of actually being interesting. SBu didn't even have to decide to return for it to work. Helena's going to get the blame anyway.

• Love 4

I don't think they were right to hide it from Carly because if they can't trust Carly not to tell anyone or to go off on Sam, that's pretty sad.  But I think the show implied that they were right because there were no real consequences to her two closest people lying to her, by  the end of the episode Carly was opening her heart to Sonny again.  But I may have missed something, Carson is fast forward material for me.

• Love 3

Today I stumbled upon an episode of "The Love Boat" from 1984. One of the guest stars was Kin Shriner. His story was called "The BabyMakers". His wife " Shiela" (Jenilee Harrison) was frantic to conceive. "Barry" was getting bogged down by her overenthusiastic efforts. 

I can never get that hour back.

*sigh*

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Aren't they laying it on a tad thick with the whole Jason thing? 

This is the same show that had little girl Kristina say she wished Sam was her sister, then there was the "Sam is the child Alexis secretly gave birth to as a teenager" storyline, and Alexis said to Sam "remember when Kristina said she wished you were his sister."

I'm just wondering what they're going to do about baby *Emily* Scout, since she will **Gasp** not be the daughter of the precious Jason (Q) Morgan.  I guess the only way to get around the problem of the baby's name and Grandma Monica's attachment is for BM's Jason to somehow turn out to be not dead-AJ. 

• Love 4

If the show was planning to bring SBu back, why didn't they just let him be an extra-terrestrial from a parallel universe? Don't judge me--but I think that would be easier to take and understand instead of a tale of two Jasons.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, seasons said:

Today I stumbled upon an episode of "The Love Boat" from 1984. One of the guest stars was Kin Shriner. His story was called "The BabyMakers". His wife " Shiela" (Jenilee Harrison) was frantic to conceive. "Barry" was getting bogged down by her overenthusiastic efforts. 

I can never get that hour back.

*sigh*

Consider it a primer for Kin Shriner in tolerating shitty stories and writing on GH decades later!

• Love 7