Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Linny said:

They got me with Noah Robert Scorpio-Drake, though. That's a nice name.

Noah Drake was an awful father to Patrick.  He drowned his sorrows with alcohol and women and emotionally abandoned Patrick after his mother died.  They did work through their issues, but I don't think the writers should have named the baby after him.  That honor should have gone to the man who raised Robin, Mac.  Mac stepped up and raised Robin when Robert and Anna "died".  He also stepped up and raised Felicia's girls after she had abandoned them.  Baby Boy Drake should have been named Malcolm Robert Scorpio-Drake.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Vella said:

I hate the baby's name. No way should Noah get chosen over Mac. No way should Robert get chosen over Mac. It should have been Malcolm. Full stop.  This is an EASY decision.  It's not nearly as bad as Spencer, but it's just so THOUGHTLESS. Just UGH all around.

I don't think it is. They (both the show and the characters) probably didn't want two Macs and Roberts around. 

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I don't think it is. They (both the show and the characters) probably didn't want two Macs and Roberts around. 

Robert is not around and Mac is recurring at best.  And there's nothing wrong with Malcolm or Mal when there is a Mac.  Or a Robbie/Rob/Bobby when there is a Robert.  This is so simple for a show that managed 2 Jake's for over a year.

• Love 3

At least Liesl sure is fun to watch and an interesting soap character. Her slags on Americans - "win-win",  " two-fer", making fun of our "American pastry doughnuts" - she's a hoot.

Did Mac always have a vocal fry? 

Noticing Finn's vocal fry comes and goes - goes when he gets angry. Faker.

Felicia with the hair flipping and the voice - she's like a Christie Brinkley wannabe. Blech.

I mean, YES, for sure I'm glad he wasn't named Michael, Sonny, Stone, Jason or Morgan, but if it wasn't going to be Malcolm, then it should have been an original name, like Emma was.

4 minutes ago, Vella said:

Robert is not around and Mac is recurring at best.  And there's nothing wrong with Malcolm or Mal when there is a Mac.  Or a Robbie/Rob/Bobby when there is a Robert.  This is so simple for a show that managed 2 Jake's for over a year.

Sure, but within the show Robin and Patrick probably talk to the two of them quite often. Although I'm biased, cause I'm not really a fan of Malcolm. 

3 minutes ago, Vella said:

I mean, YES, for sure I'm glad he wasn't named Michael, Sonny, Stone, Jason or Morgan, but if it wasn't going to be Malcolm, then it should have been an original name, like Emma was.

To clarify, I get not liking it, but I don't think it's the worst choice the show could have made. It's no Spencer Cassadine.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Robin: I had to name him after Sonny, Patrick, he was really nice to me that one time a million years ago!

And he only shot me one time.  He wasn't even aiming at me, he was trying to kill Jax, in our living room, in front of our young daughter.  He felt really bad about it, just like he did when he shot Carly in the head while she was giving birth to Morgan.

• Love 6

So basically, Maxie wants Nathan to move to Portland, but Nathan won't because of his grown sister and Ask Man Landers and was whining the whole time about how Maxie stayed away. Yeah, Nathan kinda sucks.

Oh great, Franco throwing around paintings in a passionate artistic haze. I'm sure it'll be great.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, ulkis said:

So basically, Maxie wants Nathan to move to Portland, but Nathan won't because of his grown sister and Ask Man Landers and was whining the whole time about how Maxie stayed away. Yeah, Nathan kinda sucks.

Maxie equally sucks for trying to manipulate Nathan into going out there with that dumb plan she was cooking up with Spin. Of course it's too much to ask that we get any sort of reasoned discussion between those two.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Maxie equally sucks for trying to manipulate Nathan into going out there with that dumb plan she was cooking up with Spin. Of course it's too much to ask that we get any sort of reasoned discussion between those two.

Well, yeah, it's a soap, heh. 

I don't think Maxie equally sucks. It seems like she's asked and he's refused.

As dumb as this plot is, at least it's not about babies. I would take it at this point for Lulu and Dante.

• Love 2

Nathan's reasons to stay in PC are totally dumb. But why isn't this an ongoing conversation? Especially now that Maxie feels like she has a permanent job out there and is comfortable with her life there. Trying to trick Nathan into moving to Oregon is gross. 

7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

As dumb as this plot is, at least it's not about babies.

The only reason Maxie is in Portland is because Georgie is there. But I get your larger point, and I agree.

• Love 1

As someone who watched this show from basically birth, I think the Scrubs baby name is really, really beautiful and makes complete sense. My Scrubs fam is so LIT. 

Would I have liked a Mac shoutout? Sure. Why not. Mac is/was a very important person to Robin. But Robert is just as important, if not more to her. Robin's life is not determined by the few years she was raised by Mac. 

I also like that Noah is the first name because Patrick is very much his own character. I like that being recognized.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:58 PM, rur said:

Kristina did want to be a lawyer, but I don't imagine the writers bothered to check her backstory. 

Kristina is too dumb to be a lawyer. Furthermore, she doesn't even have common sense. She's in B-school because she can go one lite semester or less and then take a lucrative executive job at ELQ until her Corinthos trust fund kicks in completely.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Linny said:

Maxie being hell-bent on unmasking Man Landers for absolutely no good reason, adults squabbling in the halls of the hospital in a manner more befitting of children (finger pointing and name calling, really?), Franco and Liz cementing their gross love for the 95th time, and the romantic woes of a twelve year old: this is the dismal state of GH today.

This! Just add the grinning specter of Spinelli skulking on the perimeters of the action. It's like they drained the swamp in the General Hospital basement and all the creatures (Amy, Parker, Spinelli, Freako, frenzied Finn, Liesl, unpredictable ghoulish Maxie, taffy-voiced Felicia) crept out.

Aarrgghhh...two squeaky voices in the same scene!

Although he's not as round, with that beard I kept wondering why Spinelli wasn't copying books at the Citadel or going to find Jon Snow...

Well, I think Bradford Anderson is more handsome now than I would have guessed was going to be the case in early-Spinelli days. Wow, talk about playing younger. He's 37. So he was in his mid-twenties in the messenger-bag-toting spaz era.  

Spinelli the character has been "normalized," though. Either the newer script writers cannot write his dialogue the way the ones five to ten years ago did, or they just got lazy with it. I'm not sure whether the normalization is a good or a bad thing.  A little of the Spin cycle always went a long way with me, but I think BA rocks it, and definitely created a character who is difficult to separate from the actor.

• Love 3

WooHoo!  Amy's back!  Said no one, ever!

Welcome to the (soap) world Noah Robert Scorpio-Drake.  

OMG!  My eyes, my eyes.  A little disclaimer/warning would have been nice before that love <ack> scene.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nathan's reasons to stay in PC are totally dumb. But why isn't this an ongoing conversation? Especially now that Maxie feels like she has a permanent job out there and is comfortable with her life there. Trying to trick Nathan into moving to Oregon is gross. 

The only reason Maxie is in Portland is because Georgie is there. But I get your larger point, and I agree.

The whole issue is stupid. When they got married earlier this year, they both had jobs in PC. Maxie was a moron and deserved to lose her job with Nina. Maxie got a temporary gig in Portland, Oregon. But now she can extend out the job. And she loves being closer to Georgie. The stupid thing seems to be the very lax communication Maxie has had with Nathan. She didn't tell Nathan about Nina's surprise offer to comeback with a clean slate. She just outright declined. Now she wants Nathan to quit his job and move. The guy is close to his sister. His Mother/Aunt is also in town. He has a good career that he likes. Maxie apparently hasn't been telling Nathan much. Now she just expects him to move at her demand? Blech. 

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

They should have named him after Patrick's brother (who?).

I love Mac, but I'm fine with the name. 

I may get rotten produce thrown at me, but while the nickname Mac is fine to me, Malcolm is...not. (Sorry to anyone with the name or who knows a Malcolm!) So I'm fine with the name the baby did get!

And, yes, Noah was a shitty dad to Patrick, but as was said, they worked it out. And while Mac did help raise Robin, Robert is Robin's father and she also loves him, so...

The chosen name makes sense, at least to me.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lb60 said:

WooHoo!  Amy's back!  Said no one, ever!

PLEASE stop assuming that NO ONE said it.  I, for one, was happy to see her back today!  If nothing else, I find her a palate cleanser from several other characters currently on the canvas.

• Love 4

I don't mind the name Malcom, or Mal, or using Robbie, or Rob, or Bobby for Malcolm Robert.   But for me the reason I was rooting for Mac for the name is because Mac is the one who was there for Robin when she was originally diagnosed.  He was the one who was there when the idea of Emma and Noah was so incredibly implausible.  

I don't love Amy, but I have to say, if I had the choice between an Amy day and a Sonny day... suddenly I'm team Amy.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I don't mind the name Malcom, or Mal, or using Robbie, or Rob, or Bobby for Malcolm Robert.   But for me the reason I was rooting for Mac for the name is because Mac is the one who was there for Robin when she was originally diagnosed.  He was the one who was there when the idea of Emma and Noah was so incredibly implausible.  

Yeah, Mac has done a lot for Robin during those years, and he's also the one who gets the short end of the stick. He raised Maxie and Georgie as a father, but usually got called Mac. Felicia chose Luke over him. He wasn't allowed to blame the mob for Georgie's death (Lucky told him to be quiet during the TMK storyline when he was expressing his rage). He was written on the losing end of the PCPD-mob side for over a decade. And when Robin had the blowout when Robert originally came back, it's Sonny she brings up as the example of a great father.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There are a lot of dumb lawyers IRL. Why should Kristina be any different?

She's a 6 year undergrad student with no defined major and no graduation date in sight. That says lawyer material?

On 8/15/2017 at 2:59 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Boooring episode.

Every episode is boring lately.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, In2You said:

[Kristina]'s a 6 year undergrad student with no defined major and no graduation date in sight. That says lawyer material?

Michael is a high school graduate with a few night business courses. That says CEO-of-an-international-corporation material?

• Love 7

I'm posting before reading, so I may be echoing others here.  But come on with the Scorpio-Drake baby name!  You have three "Grandpa" names.  So you give the newborn the first name of the shittiest father, the middle name of the next shittiest father, and leave out the name of the one guy who actually stuck around and raised a child?  I'm not even a Mac fan, I don't even like the name Mac.  But seriously?

19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

She also had a boy per her Twitter account. Think his name was Otis.

I know that name is getting trendy, but it will always be the name of the drunk on Andy Griffith, or a dog.  But congrats to Kimberly.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
3 hours ago, In2You said:

[Kristina]'s a 6 year undergrad student with no defined major and no graduation date in sight. That says lawyer material?

Michael is a high school graduate with a few night business courses. That says CEO-of-an-international-corporation material?

Like SORASing, we are dealing with "soap logic".  Michael, Kristina and KiKi having a lack of formal education is not an issue in "soap world".  KiKi took a months worth of Nurses Aide training and now she is looking into med school.  By Christmas she will be the hospital's newest resident and by Easter she will have taken over for Monica and become Chief of Cardiac Surgery.  

• Love 3

Does Nina need to go back to kindergarten and learn how to count? No, Nina, Lulu is not acting the way she is with Valentin because she missed the first two years of Charlotte's life. She is acting the way she is because Lulu has missed ALL of Charlotte's life up until the last months all because of the choices Valentin made.

Nina has been out of Charlotte's life more than she's been in it. Lulu has actually been the better stability for her daughter ever since the Nurses' Ball.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Does Nina need to go back to kindergarten and learn how to count? No, Nina, Lulu is not acting the way she is with Valentin because she missed the first two years of Charlotte's life.

Oooh, bad call, writers, making any kind of reference to Charlotte's age given how it completely makes no sense.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oooh, bad call, writers, making any kind of reference to Charlotte's age given how it completely makes no sense.

Valentin yelled at Laura a few weeks ago that Charlotte was "half Spencer's age", and earlier this summer Spencer and Cameron were said to be 12 years old and in middle school. So in GH-universe Charlotte is supposed to be six or around there?

• Love 1

Finding a loose diamond rolling around on the floor is far too pedestrian for Spencer Cassadine. He's the type to fire up the private jet and visit a leading purveyor of diamonds to hand pick the stone for his precious Emma. I'm sorry, Spencer, that they're slandering your character to fit in to Hayden's plot.

Kiki says Franco selling his art can help with his redemption. I say it would be him profiting from souvenirs of his murderous past. Every time I find myself liking Kiki, they just have to throw her back into Franco's orbit and make me aggravated with her.

It's painful watching Ava sabotage her relationship with Griffin because of her embarrassment. As much as I'm enjoying them, I don't like the tone of Griffin "saving her soul." That implies a power imbalance in which he's superior to her and she needs him to give her value. If they're going to be friends, then they should be viewed as equals. He's not her priest and she's a person, not a project. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

So in GH-universe Charlotte is supposed to be six or around there?

She seems to be whatever age the plot point necessitates. She's 10, she's 6, she's 9.

7 minutes ago, Linny said:

I don't like the tone of Griffin "saving her soul." That implies a power imbalance in which he's superior to her and she needs him to give her value. If they're going to be friends, then they should be viewed as equals. He's not her priest and she's a person, not a project. 

There's also the gross idea built in that Ava needs a man to save her. Ugh.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course. I was merely pointing out that Kristina being a lawyer is no less ridiculous than Michael being CEO of ELQ.

Never did I say Michael is believable as a CEO because he's definitely not. I don't buy him as a businessman at all. As for Kristina's she's so lazy I don't can't buy her working a job period definitely not that coffee shop job which would require hours on foot and cleaning.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There's also the gross idea built in that Ava needs a man to save her. Ugh.

On top of the idea that Ava - mobster and murderer who slept with her child's significant other - needs to be cured while Sonny - mobster and murderer who slept with his child's significant other - is totes awesome and great and fine the way he is.

• Love 20