Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

an in-character Ned would have also at least tried to push back about Sonny being at this wedding

I thought he did? But he immediately caved because he knew it was important to Olivia for Sonny to be there, and Ned didn't want to fight about it.

26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

did he say that yesterday, that he wanted to do a joint venture with ELQ?

Yup. He told Jason he was going to discuss it with Michael. He asked Jason to review the plans so that Michael would know it was legit...

(edited)
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought he did? But he immediately caved because he knew it was important to Olivia for Sonny to be there, and Ned didn't want to fight about it.

Did he?  But to your point, even if he did, it was brief, he wasn't allowed to explain all the extremely valid reasons Sonny should not be in attendance at a Quartermaine event, and he caved immediately.

7 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Yup. He told Jason he was going to discuss it with Michael. He asked Jason to review the plans so that Michael would know it was legit...

Nothing says, "These business plans are super legit!" like having an unemployed hitman with brain damage look over them. #eyeroll

Just the idea of him/the show using the Q's this way is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
(edited)
23 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nothing says, "These business plans are super legit!" like having an unemployed hitman with brain damage look over them. #eyeroll

I cracked up when Sonny asked Jason to be his partner. What is Jason supposed to do? Threaten the contractors? Jason has absolutely no experience with anything but violence. Okay, he can read a spreadsheet, but big whoop.

23 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

he caved immediately

Because he knew Sonny being there was important to Olivia, and Ned decided that was most important. Sonny and Carly would have crashed the wedding anyway, I'm sure. So in this case, Ned was right not to make a big deal about it. (And as it turns out, nothing violent happened at the wedding. I was legit surprised.)

That doesn't mean he shouldn't use everything he has to keep Michael from getting ELQ into business with Sonny. Scorched earth here, if necessary.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Stefan bought Wyndamere when he and Nikolas came on in 1996. Who from, I don't know. 

And a bid, fat word to ELQ not wanting anything to do with Sonny, especially publicly. Even without the moral  or legal implications, that would be horrendous PR. This show consistently refuses to understand that most people don't think mobsters are wonderful and glamorous, no matter how many dimples they have.

• Love 8
(edited)

And if Michael is supposed to be such a business genius that he's running a international corporation with next-to-no education or experience, why would he need JASON of all people to tell him what he's reading?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Oh geez-us.

This is going to be rage inducing.  "I'm just trying to let my mobster father who's spent years tormenting your/our family use our business to go legitimate, why are you being so mean about this, Ned!".

• Love 8
(edited)

This is what I could find on GH Wikepedia

Wyndemere is the mansion found on Spoon Island, though many refer to it as a castle. The island was originally purchased in 1989 by Ned Ashton who bought it from Katherine Delafield's Aunt Iona. Ned originally intended it to be a present for his fiancee Dawn Winthrop and later the Quartermaines leased the island to Cesar Faison while he was under the guise of "P.K. Sinclair". Faison was in search of an alien crystal which Anna Devane had already discovered on the island. Faison then took residence at Wyndemere after tricking Scott Baldwin into selling it to him.

After Faison was presumed dead, the island was taken over by the Cassadines when Stefan and Nikolas moved to town in 1996.

After Stefan's death, the current resident Nikolas Cassadine announces his family is struggling in debt, forcing his aunt Alexis Davis to sell Wyndemere. However, Emily Quartermaine secretly bought it back for Nikolas as a Christmas present.

In summer 2011, Nikolas Cassadine moves out, leaving Spoon Island to Alexis Davis. 

Upon returning to Port Charles in 2013, Nikolas and Spencer take residence at Wyndemere once more. 

In 2015, , Laura returned to Port Charles and took up a permanent residence at the castle.

Within a couple months, Valentin Cassadine resurfaced and managed to manipulate Nikolas into signing over his entire family estate and fortune. Nikolas is later killed by Valentin himself. Following this, Laura sent Spencer away to boarding school and attempts to sell Wyndemere. However Valentin is released from jail and returns to Port Charles announcing he is now the owner of the castle. The castle was unknowingly owned by Valentin since 2014, when his oldest brother Stavros died for the last time for it's revealed through Mikkos' hidden will that he left all of the Cassadine Estate to the eldest living son. With Stavros and Stefan dead, Valentin is the only living son hence removing any claim Nikolas and Spencer had on the inheritance and making him sole heir to the Cassadine Empire with his daughter Charlotte to follow after him.

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 3
(edited)

Thanks, Perkie!

So it seems Wyndemere was owned by Nik privately and shouldn't have been included in the Cassadine estate. Though I guess I can hand-wave it that Valentin forced Nik to sign over everything he owned, no matter its provenance.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

The castle was unknowingly owned by Valentin since 2014, when his oldest brother Stavros died for the last time for it's revealed through Mikkos' hidden will that he left all of the Cassadine Estate to the eldest living son. With Stavros and Stefan dead, Valentin is the only living son hence removing any claim Nikolas and Spencer had on the inheritance and making him sole heir to the Cassadine Empire

Yeah, this.....no. That is not how wills work. I genuinely do not understand why they decided to introduce this nonsense. Valentin had all of Nik's assets except the Cassadine Trust because Nik couldn't sign over the Trust anymore than Mikkos could. 

And if the codicil said that the oldest living male inherited Mikkos' personal assets (which are the only things he could will to someone), that still would have been Stavros. Once Mikkos' died, Stavros would inherit. And anything he inherited belonged to him, and at that point, Stavros would have been the only one allowed to determine how his assets were to be distributed when he died. Mikkos can't hopscotch that. 

And actually, unless Emily signed over Wyndemere to Nikolas, or willed it to him, it belongs to the Qs and that awful sister of hers. I'd have thoroughly enjoyed watching Tracy kick him out for screwing over Lulu

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

No.  Nope.  No.  No.  

He murdered the freaking CEO.  Hey,Micheal, you got that job because of your father.... The man Sonny killed.  And Jason Morgan needs to take several seats.  You didn't want to be a Q during the meat hook, you can't be one now.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I'll have more to say later, but I can't believe how much garbage they piled up around the Scotty/Lucy/SERENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scenes about Lee.  I mean, Nelle AND Amy 2.0 AND talk of Morgan?

Also, can we swap out an episode's worth of scenes of Sonny/Carly rehashing their relationship and see Felicia and Mac's poker night?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'll have more to say later, but I can't believe how much garbage they piled up around the Scotty/Lucy/SERENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scenes about Lee.  I mean, Nelle AND Amy 2.0 AND talk of Morgan?

Also, can we swap out an episode's worth of scenes of Sonny/Carly rehashing their relationship and see Felicia and Mac's poker night?

Agree on pokertime. Also, loved the park scene with Sonny getting called out. Too bad he was nice about it.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

How were the Scotty/Lucy/Serena scenes? Those are the only ones I'm interested in checking out. Was there a mention of Kevin by Serena?

And who all was invited to Mac's poker night? :-)

• Love 1

Sonny is totally the kind of man who brags about 'babysitting' his kids for his wife and expects the world to go "Awwwww, what an amazing man!!!"  Carly fawning over Sonny like he didn't create this bullshit mess and fuck over Joss, her 14 year old CHILD, was straight up typical for Carly. Always putting Sonny before her child. She's 3 for 3 on that count.  Sonny deserves NO accolades for cleaning up a mess HE created. I like that Joss didn't give up the grudge and instead reminded Sonny that he started this whole stupidity, but she should have TOTALLY called him out for insisting he had her back. But this is the beginning of the softening, I'm sure. It was bound to happen eventually.

Bobbie/Carly giggling and scheming over how to get Nelle was just PATHETIC. They are PATHETIC.

And of course, it's insulting how this Lee Baldwin thing is starting out. Can't give them airtime,  and of course, we can't forget the show basically ignoring Lee/Gail for nearly 15 years, so all of this "remember Lee?!" thing feels awkward as hell. The actor has died and someone got a knee jerk bad idea.  I love that Serena is back, but I fear she'll be staring moon eyes at Michael or some other mob related loser very, very soon.

• Love 7

Okay, let me get this straight. Nelle did some terrible things for which she's apologized for and is trying to put behind her, and she's considered anathema. Sonny's done terrible things for which he's apologized for and is trying to put behind him, and he's embraced with open arms. Gotta love that this incredibly unfair double standard is business as usual on GH.

Kudos to Joss for telling Oscar she didn't need him to defend her. That's right girl, stand on your own two feet, don't be like your mother who cannot function without a man at her side.

The Baldwin family drama really came out of left field, and I'm ambivalent at the moment. But they've mentioned Serena so many times that I am curious to see what she's like.

LOL that Felicia's poker night includes Spencer's chauffeur. That's so random, and it's something I'd actually like to see, because it sounds 100% more fun than most of the things happening on the show these days.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

How were the Scotty/Lucy/Serena scenes? Those are the only ones I'm interested in checking out. Was there a mention of Kevin by Serena?

And who all was invited to Mac's poker night? :-)

Serena didn't show up until very last minute but the Lucy and Scotty stuff felt like a differnt show they referenced history and had a flashback of Scotty and Lee,Honestly have a hard time buying Shelly wrote it lol

• Love 5

So glad Felecia wasn't in a scene with Amy--I would have had to protect my fine glassware from the high decibles.  Really really don't like Amy...so obnoxious and pushy...I just want to punch her in the face, and I've never been a violent person...ick.  Why is she there?

• Love 5

I kind of can't blame Carly for not wanting Nelle around Michael. If she thinks Nelle is like her, then at least she's aware enough that she wouldn't want a woman like herself around Michael, heh.

7 minutes ago, Vella said:

And of course, it's insulting how this Lee Baldwin thing is starting out. Can't give them airtime,  and of course, we can't forget the show basically ignoring Lee/Gail for nearly 15 years, so all of this "remember Lee?!" thing feels awkward as hell.

I know it's a low bar, but at least they did it. They didn't have to and probably nothing would have mentioned under Guza. I think they tried.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I kind of can't blame Carly for not wanting Nelle around Michael. If she thinks Nelle is like her, then at least she's aware enough that she wouldn't want a woman like herself around Michael, heh.

She's trotted out that "I used to be her, so I know" canard a bunch of times. It's lost its meaning for me—Carly is still a terrible person who treats people badly.

• Love 4
(edited)

I have no problem with Serena being back and the reason why, but it still bothers me that they couldn't spring for Brooklyn to attend Ned's wedding.  

Also Carly Shroeder looks completely different than she did when she was a kid.  If I hadn't known who she was, I wouldn't have recognized her.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The whole thing is completely stupid no matter what. Helena was supposed to have spent all the money, and Windermere isn't some Cassadine ancestral home—didn't Mikkos buy it when he blew into PC?

Stefan bought it for Nikolas when they moved to Port Charles.

32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I kind of can't blame Carly for not wanting Nelle around Michael.

Yeah, but all of Michael's girlfriends die tragically, so can't Carly just wait?  Nelle already is down one kidney.

• Love 13
(edited)

I cannot believe that Nellie is getting more grief about being with Michael than Abby who:

• was a stripper/hooker
  • hired by Sam to help Michael who was afraid about being around nice girls after getting out of prison
  • older than Michael who was in a coma for half of his teen years and in prison for the other half
  • supposed to help Michael get over the trauma of his rape
Edited by nilyank
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Yeah, but all of Michael's girlfriends die tragically, so can't Carly just wait?  Nelle already is down one kidney.

LOL! I'd forgotten about that. Carly has never been patient, though. Hee.

If Valentine forced Nik to sign everything over to him, that paper isn't worth anything in court either.  It was forced.

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

What other possible secrets could Nelle have?  Returned a library book two days overdue?  Jaywalked?  Left the cap off the toothpaste? 

I'm beginning to think that they keep playing up how horrible Nelle is because she's such a milquetoast character, no one would care if she dated Michael or not if she wasn't the evul.

I'm disappointed at how quickly Oscar folded when he found out it was Sonny.  Doesn't matter he wasn't an unknown perv. Joss refused to speak to him. There's no law that says she has to listen to her mother's squeeze when she's at her workplace.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It wasn't the project itself, it was that Sonny was connected. Jason, the Man Who Never Lies, vouching for its legitimacy would make partnering with Sonny A-OK.

St Jasus, who we have seen lie before.   Who can suddenly evaluate green technology and mall acquisitions without ever having taken a business or technology course.

Why doesn't Sonny have enough money of his own to do the mall if he's divesting himself from his mob holdings?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I cannot believe that Nellie is more grief about being with Michael than Abby who:

• was a stripper/hooker
  • hired by Sam to help Michael who was afraid about being around nice girls after getting out of prison
  • older than Michael who was in a coma for half of his teen years and in prison for the other half
  • supposed to help Michael get over the trauma of his rape

Yes, but Carly was obsessed with Brenda when he was with her, so you know, who Michael was dating wasn't high priority.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Why doesn't Sonny have enough money of his own to do the mall if he's divesting himself from his mob holdings?

He doesn't need them. He said that ELQ was also interested in developing the property and that maybe he could work with Michael on the project. If Michael wasn't the CEO, Sonny would not care.

Just how hands-on does Sonny think Michael is going to be?  He's got a billion dollar company to handle in ELQ.

On the other hand, Michael seems to haven endless time for Sonny and Carly's relationship woes so maybe he will work with Sonny on it.  (No wonder ELQ is in constant trouble.)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

What other possible secrets could Nelle have?  Returned a library book two days overdue?  Jaywalked?  Left the cap off the toothpaste? 

It'll be something that makes Bobbie and Carly (but mostly Bobbie) look bad.  Like...she has an abusive ex in her past and Bobbie's meddling leads him to her in Port Charles or something.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It'll be something that makes Bobbie and Carly (but mostly Bobbie) look bad.  Like...she has an abusive ex in her past and Bobbie's meddling leads him to her in Port Charles or something.

This whole Carly and  Bobbie vs. Nell is like trying to make fetch happen.  Hopefully stronger mean girls will prevail.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
4 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought maybe they would alienate or inadvertently cause Nelle to get hurt or die but then they would need her because of a Joss kidney emergency. So their spite will have created a problem for themselves.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Yes, but Carly was obsessed with Brenda when he was with her, so you know, who Michael was dating wasn't high priority.

Carly hated Abby too, and she blamed Sam for exposing her kid to a prostitute stripper. But, Michael was fairly fragile and volatile at the time and she was really afraid for him - Plus, I think Jason was on Team Abby, so.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Linny said:

LOL that Felicia's poker night includes Spencer's chauffeur. That's so random, and it's something I'd actually like to see, because it sounds 100% more fun than most of the things happening on the show these days.

Poker night at the Scorpio's sounds really entertaining to me!  It could be a weekly or biweekly thing, like when Robin and her friends from GH would go out to Jake's for a girls night.  Those episodes were so much fun.  Can you imagine Spencer's driver having a few drinks and dishing on all the Cassidine drama.  How does he really feel taking orders from a twelve year old Prince Spencer? 

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Poker night at the Scorpio's sounds really entertaining to me!  It could be a weekly or biweekly thing, like when Robin and her friends from GH would go out to Jake's for a girls night.

It reminded me of someone's suggestion, either here or on the TWoP boards, that they do these recap episodes with a servant from Wyndemere, an employee at the Metro Court, a nurse at the hospital, etc. getting together to drink and bitch about the main characters.

• Love 9
(edited)
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

that they do these recap episodes with a servant from Wyndemere, an employee at the Metro Court, a nurse at the hospital, etc. getting together to drink and bitch about the main characters.

Drinking and bitching about your boss, client, patients, customers or coworkers is America's favorite pastime.

Edited by movingtargetgal
16 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

How does he really feel taking orders from a twelve year old Prince Spencer? 

Chandler wants to strangle Spencer in his sleep. The extra money isn't worth the grief.

Sonny is such an asshole. He expects everyone to know who he is. He congratulates Oscar for watching out for Joss then not-so-vaguely threatens him in the next breath. He gets Jax deported, then undeported, and is miffed that Joss isn't falling on her knees in gratitude.

"Morgan was the only one who could bust on Sonny and not get challenged." What?! No.

Ugh, Amy 2.0 is so gross with her emotional blackmailing of Nathan. And he's gross for allowing himself to be emotionally blackmailed. 

Sonny, when Joss isn't living with you, you have no say in her life. 

I hope we get more than one flashback of Peter Hansen.

• Love 8
Just now, dubbel zout said:

"Morgan was the only one who could bust on Sonny and not get challenged." What?! No.

Yes. He also collected fireflies in a jar for Joss, made gingerbread houses and kept a journal. Also, Dawn Summers has always been there.

• Love 9
(edited)

So...Scotty and Lucy today.

I really liked how, as soon as we saw her, you could see the weight of what Lucy had to tell Scotty all over Lynn Herring.  And I liked how the scenes began with Scotty/Kin in that hyper, dialed-up-to-11 mode he can sometimes be in, but that it slowly seeped out of him as the news of Lee's death sunk in.  They were just nice scenes about grief and regret that let these two play something grounded for once and you could tell Lynn and particularly Kin were emotional.

And then the way SERENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! threw herself into Lucy's arms.  It was just...history.  History we didn't get to see play out on-screen in close to 15 years because this show fuckin' sucks, but that was happening anyway.  I'm really excited to see the three of them interact tomorrow and play that history.

And the small taste of a flashback we got here was good (baby Scotty with that beard!) and I'm excited to see more of them tomorrow.

So who was Lee's favorite of Scotty's many exes?  Dominique, I assume.  But I'm sure Lee ranked Lucy higher than Katherine Bell and Heather Webber and Susan Moore.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
(edited)

On the flip side, Carly hated Sabrina because she wasn't like her

Well, she did sleep with, get impregnated by, and willingly leave town with some organized-crime hood whose charms she was unable to resist. Maybe they had more in common than Carly realized.  By that point, Michael was practically the "Jax" figure in Sabrina's life.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3