Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 4/4/2017 at 6:50 PM, Darklazr said:

I hate Franco and think he's a pile of shit, but let's not forget that JaSam are just two horrible people on their own.

Cosigned!  Especially after making Sonny and Carly, of all despicable people, Scout's godparents.  Whatever their concerns about Franco, even though they are valid, they fall on deaf ears with me and should with Liz as well.  I would venture to say they are even WORSE than Franco.  Jason was/is a stone cold killer and Sam was/is his enabler.  And I have to mention yet again.....Sonny.  and.  Carly.  All the hate!!

• Love 5

i dont undestand who operated on nell. how did her father convinvce het to give up a kidney?  why did she wait four years to get revenge.   why didnr she blackmail for money or expose jax for using her kidney.  did she know jax asked for the kidney.

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Cosigned!  Especially after making Sonny and Carly, of all despicable people, Scout's godparents.  Whatever their concerns about Franco, even though they are valid, they fall on deaf ears with me and should with Liz as well.  I would venture to say they are even WORSE than Franco.  Jason was/is a stone cold killer and Sam was/is his enabler.  And I have to mention yet again.....Sonny.  and.  Carly.  All the hate!!

How is Sam worse than Franco cause she is a mob enabler? Guess what? Everybody on this show is a mob enabler in someway and if not they will be. 

I think Sam is a dumbass, hypocrite, and boring(though I still love the character)she deserves critisim from the show watchers to the characters but in no way shape or form is she worse than Franco. 

• Love 7

Every damned second of this Corinthos family drama is happening on screen in agonizingly DULL scenes where Carly and Sonny either spit about the EVULS of what Nelle did or whine about their hurt feefees.  And half the damned cast is dragged into scene after scene of coddling and sympathetic murmuring.  Bobbie sees Sonny and doesn't rip into him but instead verbally holds his hand.  Carly again acts like she's a pure human being who never did anything wrong in her entire life and how awful it is that Nelle did the worse thing EVER.  To CARLY, the most wonderful person in the world!  And Jax, OMFG, get the fuck out of here while you still can fool.

This is not good TV, show runners.

• Love 5

Lulu, I fully understand your immediate disappointment and annoyance and even your thought that Valentin sabatoged her visitation schedule (because, really, Valentin has given Lulu no reason to trust him and that he would work with her), but you tell that to Dante. You call your mom and whine to her. You do not run off half-cocked to Wyndemere and engage with Valentin! One day is NOTHING in the grand scheme of six months. If Valentin is sabotaging your court-ordered visits that is something for the court to handle. Not you. Even though I don't put much trust in this judge or this court system.

What sort of court-appointed visitation informs the full custodial parent of a change in the visitation schedule by email? Valentin didn't know anything about this until Lulu came barging in. 

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

[Lulu,] If Valentin is sabotaging your court-ordered visits that is something for the court to handle.

I KNOW. It's so exasperating to watch Lulu acting like such an idiot.

Why didn't Michael tell Sonny that Jax was in town because he wanted to tell Joss in person that Lady Jane died? So that Sonny could sneer at Jax without feeling bad about it? (As if.)

Oh, and LOL that Sonny thinks Jax came because he saw a crack in the Carly/Sonny relationship. I think Jax is very happy merely being a co-parent with and friend to Carly.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

So Lulu thinks Valentin cannot be a good father because he shot someone point blank.  But Sonny and Jason are great fathers?  And how about Nik himself, ordering the hit on Hayden. 

• Love 7

Nothing delights me more than Sonny turning into a giant piss baby at the mere mention of Jax. He's soooo threatened by him. Grumpy Sonny sitting at Kelly's coloring on his placemat was a fabulously appropriate visual.

Oh, it's Bobbie's turn to play the "Sonny did a bad thing, but he loves his kids!" card. Go back home to your wine, Bobbie, I don't need to hear any more from you.

Lulu acted impulsively and showed her ass. Yep, that's certainly proving what a stable influence she'd be for Charlotte. When is ER's maternity leave?

Someday I will never have to hear about Morgan's meds or Nelle's kidney again, and on that day I will rejoice. Wrap it up, please, I'm dying over here. I can't watch Nelle's cry face without cringing, and the hole that Ava's dug herself into is as deep as the Mariana Trench, so end it all already.

• Love 7

Why not make Nelle the product of Frank Benson raping Carly as a teen and she blocked out giving the baby up for adoption before coming to Port Charles?  Otherwise, the story of Nelle being a match for Josslyn is dumb.  Really dumb.  I could see Jerry stealing a kidney due to the organ story that was going on at the time between Johnny Z and Steven Lars.

Plus, Nelle's actions were always stacked against her, and that sort of mitigated the revenge idea (idea only; again, the drugging was gross) for me. There was targeting the wrong person and the whole Morgan's death thing. Knowing Sonny and Carly always win gives me a rooting interest in her for that alone.

I can't muster up even any "you tell those hypocrites off" feeling/sympathy for Nelle. She's just so darn meh.

21 minutes ago, Linny said:

Oh, it's Bobbie's turn to play the "Sonny did a bad thing, but he loves his kids!" card. Go back home to your wine, Bobbie, I don't need to hear any more from you.

Poor Bobbie. She always has to say the stupidest shit.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, bannana said:

So Lulu thinks Valentin cannot be a good father because he shot someone point blank.  But Sonny and Jason are great fathers?  And how about Nik himself, ordering the hit on Hayden. 

But ... but ... but ... Saint Sonny can do no wrong.  After all, he loves  his children (just ask Bobbie today) and he would never have shot Dante if he had known he was his son!!!!! 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Why not make Nelle the product of Frank Benson raping Carly as a teen and she blocked out giving the baby up for adoption before coming to Port Charles?  Otherwise, the story of Nelle being a match for Josslyn is dumb.  Really dumb.  I could see Jerry stealing a kidney due to the organ story that was going on at the time between Johnny Z and Steven Lars.

That would get in the way of the Michael/Nelle romance. Perish the thought!

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Linny said:

Nothing delights me more than Sonny turning into a giant piss baby at the mere mention of Jax. He's soooo threatened by him. Grumpy Sonny sitting at Kelly's coloring on his placemat was a fabulously appropriate visual.

Lulu acted impulsively and showed her ass. Yep, that's certainly proving what a stable influence she'd be for Charlotte. When is ER's maternity leave?

Someday I will never have to hear about Morgan's meds or Nelle's kidney again, and on that day I will rejoice. Wrap it up, please, I'm dying over here. I can't watch Nelle's cry face without cringing, and the hole that Ava's dug herself into is as deep as the Mariana Trench, so end it all already.

Re that maternity leave - not soon enough.  Looks as if ER will be hung up in this story until then.  

• Love 1

And what was up with Griff's incredibly stupid remark about not believing Claudette committed suicide because her faith was too important to her? Does he really believe that 'serious' Catholics don't commit suicide? That somehow being Catholic or religious in general means people are safe from suicide or some such idiocy? Or don't do other things that go against their religion, like say MURDER, something his good friend Sonny might know something about?  What a fucking moron.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Vella said:

And what was up with Griff's incredibly stupid remark about not believing Claudette committed suicide because her faith was too important to her? Does he really believe that 'serious' Catholics don't commit suicide? That somehow being Catholic or religious in general means people are safe from suicide or some such idiocy? Or don't do other things that go against their religion, like say MURDER, something his good friend Sonny might know something about?  What a fucking moron.

Said the priest who broke his vows of celibacy with a woman who was breaking her marriage vows.   Selective moralizing. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I can't muster up even any "you tell those hypocrites off" feeling/sympathy for Nelle. She's just so darn meh.

I feel you. It's only the fact that Nelle was set up to fail that has me on her side. The show didn't even try. 

3 minutes ago, Vella said:

And what was up with Griff's incredibly stupid remark about not believing Claudette committed suicide because her faith was too important to her? Does he really believe that 'serious' Catholics don't commit suicide?

Since when was Claudette ever portrayed as a practicing Catholic? Ugh. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I feel you. It's only the fact that Nelle was set up to fail that has me on her side. The show didn't even try. 

Hmm!  I think the writers have really worked at positioning Nelle as a long-time character on GH - involvement in a long story line with the show's leads - a romantic set up with the golden boy - Corinthos/Quartermaine (sometimes Spencer) Michael - tons of scenes to show POV and give lots of acting opportunities.  Overall, multiple interactions with many characters considered A-listers. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Vella said:

That somehow being Catholic or religious in general means people are safe from suicide or some such idiocy?

I don't think that's what makes what he said so dumb. (A lot of people don't understand how mental illness works, so I get Griffin saying that.) What's dumb is that he was going on about how she seduced him and blah blah she was bad and now he thinks she was too religious to kill herself? Even after she had sex with a priest? What?

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Griffin said she came to church every Sunday.

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think they set up Nelle to fail; that's why we got those scenes of her agonizing over what she "had" to do and looking torn.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ugh. No mentions of spicy bad girl Claud. Y'all know damn well FV can't wait to bring her back and claim they all just "fell in love with her"

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
(edited)

So I guess that wasn't Anna? Her behavior with both Valentin and Griffin wasn't quite Anna-like.

9 minutes ago, ulkis said:
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh (she writes, embarrassed). Never mind!

9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think they set up Nelle to fail; that's why we got those scenes of her agonizing over what she "had" to do and looking torn.

"Set up to fail" in the sense that her scheme was based on incorrect information in the first place. She gets no sense of justice at all.

Tomorrow, a Valerie sighting, what do you know. I wonder if the show remembers Morgan is her cousin.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

So I guess that wasn't Anna? Her behavior with both Valentin and Griffin wasn't quite Anna-like.

"Set up to fail" in the sense that her scheme was based on incorrect information in the first place. 

Tomorrow, a Valerie sighting, what do you know. I wonder if the show remembers Morgan is her cousin.

Thank you for the clarification of Nelle being "set up to fail."

Now, for a character who was set up by the writers to fail in the way ulkis and I interpreted it, you need look no further than Valerie.  So, with that thought in mind, I'll suggest there will be no reference to Morgan being Lulu's cousin. 

29 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Why not make Nelle the product of Frank Benson raping Carly as a teen

No thanks.  Let's not make Carly a sympathetic character.  And how could they do the torrid romance between Nelly and Mikey if they were bro and sis?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Valerie sighting, what do you know. I wonder if the show remembers Morgan is her cousin.

I read this and spent five minutes trying to figure out how Valerie and Morgan are related.  This show is so bad!

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It was more Anna like today than yesterday but still not completely in character.  But if she's Alex, than how does she know who Griffin is.  

17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ohhhh, there are so many ways this sentence can be interpreted.  I have the mind of a 14 year old boy, apparently!!

• Love 3

So today (in order for the writers to cover their asses in this nonsensical story) they have Jax tell Nelle that while he reached out to Frank "and his connections"???, he still thought Jake was the kidney donor.  So then he "ordered" a nurse to give the extra kidney to someone who needed it (because that's how organ donation works).  He never heard from Frank again so put it out of his mind until Jake came back from the dead and Nelle showed up in town and he realized she was the donor.  

It's a stretch but they wrote themselves out of that corner a wee bit.  I still don't believe dumb, drunk Frank would know how to get someone tested than have the organ harvested and sent to PC.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lor said:

how did her father convinvce het to give up a kidney?  why did she wait four years to get revenge.  

The new retcon story is that Nelle was a teenager so she had no say in what her father did.  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But if she's Alex, than how does she know who Griffin is.  

Anna filled her in. She's been gone for a few days, apparently, so there was time to get the basics. The conversation with Griffin wasn't especially detailed.

2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

So today (in order for the writers to cover their asses in this nonsensical story) they have Jax tell Nelle that while he reached out to Frank "and his connections"???, he still thought Jake was the kidney donor.  So then he "ordered" a nurse to give the extra kidney to someone who needed it (because that's how organ donation works)

It still doesn't make any sense. Even if Jax thought at the time Jake was the donor, how did Nelle's kidney get to GH in time? How did it get into Joss without anyone telling Carly and Jax it wasn't Jake's?

There is no way to make this story make sense because the internal logic is nonexistent. The Ice Princess story was bananas, but its internal logic was pretty solid. 

• Love 7

There were several pieces of hilarious Carly dialogue today, but the best line was "once Nelle got to know the real me, she should have known everything she heard about me was a lie." lol. Okay, Carly.

Who has the dweebiest hair: Michael or Griffin. (Not to be confused with worst hair, which is obviously Franco. My mouth dropped when I saw it in the preview.) Also, I'm starting to feel like Michael sleeps in that suit.

No wonder Dante feels free to call Sonny on down if no one bats on eye at them standing and chatting in the middle of the room. Maybe Nathan and Dante can set up Sonny and Obrecht and they can lunch at the pcpd.

I feel like Medusa's hair would be less distracting than Bobbie's sometimes.

36 minutes ago, ciarra said:

No thanks.  Let's not make Carly a sympathetic character.  And how could they do the torrid romance between Nelly and Mikey if they were bro and sis?

Oh, the writers know how to not make a rape victim sympathetic. coughLizcough. 

the romance between Nelle and Michael might have a bit of torridness if they were brother and sister.

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No need to be embarrassed for not remembering that detail.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It still doesn't make any sense. Even if Jax thought at the time Jake was the donor, how did Nelle's kidney get to GH in time? How did it get into Joss without anyone telling Carly and Jax it wasn't Jake's?

We have to completely forget what we saw onscreen 6(?) years ago.   What we saw was CarJax getting 1 year old Joss' diagnosis...death is imminent.  Jake gets hit and taken to the hospital.  I don't remember how, but it's discovered that Jake is a match (was he?or was that all a lie?).  Carly asks Jason.  Jason asks Liz.  Liz slaps Jason (I cheer!!).  Lucky convinces Liz.  Scrubs operate on Jake and transplant into Joss.  All within a day or two at most.  

What we are now being told: Jax contacts Frank, who knows nothing about organ transplant or how to harvest them yet manages to get Nelle tested.  Somehow Frank finds someone shady enough to remove a kidney from a teenager and send it to PC.

Helena happens to have an extra 4 year old who matches Jake in every way.  She switches the kids and takes Jake to the island.  Someone in PC (maybe Helena related since she doesn't want anyone to know she's got Jake), takes Nelle's kidney and transplants it into Josslyn.  Scrubs operate on unknown boy and transplant his kidney into someone, not Josslyn.  

No one is the wiser until Jake returns from the dead and Carly decides to find out who the real donor was.  

Yeah, when you write it out, it makes even less sense.  

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Anna filled her in

So Anna wants Alex to pretend that she's her?  (I'm not familiar with Alex Devane so not sure what her relationship with Anna is like.  Are they friendly?  Enemies?  I thought if this was Alex that Anna would come out of the shadows and say, "see it wasn't me, it was my sister".  But that doesn't appear to be happening which is confusing me.  

4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

We have to completely forget what we saw onscreen 6(?) years ago.   What we saw was CarJax getting 1 year old Joss' diagnosis...death is imminent.  Jake gets hit and taken to the hospital.  I don't remember how, but it's discovered that Jake is a match (was he?or was that all a lie?).  Carly asks Jason.  Jason asks Liz.  Liz slaps Jason (I cheer!!).  Lucky convinces Liz.  Scrubs operate on Jake and transplant into Joss.  All within a day or two at most.  

What we are now being told: Jax contacts Frank, who knows nothing about organ transplant or how to harvest them yet manages to get Nelle tested.  Somehow Frank finds someone shady enough to remove a kidney from a teenager and send it to PC.

Helena happens to have an extra 4 year old who matches Jake in every way.  She switches the kids and takes Jake to the island.  Someone in PC (maybe Helena related since she doesn't want anyone to know she's got Jake), takes Nelle's kidney and transplants it into Josslyn.  Scrubs operate on unknown boy and transplant his kidney into someone, not Josslyn.  

No one is the wiser until Jake returns from the dead and Carly decides to find out who the real donor was.  

As you do.

Joss was one at the time? And now she is older than Jake, practically a teenager? How does that work?

Who is in Jake's grave and what child did Lucky/Liz bury, if Jake was whisked to Cassadine Island? Does anyone care about that? Who has that child's kidney?

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Ohhhh, there are so many ways this sentence can be interpreted.  I have the mind of a 14 year old boy, apparently!!

Now now Perkie. Ten Hail Marys for you!

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, the writers know how to not make a rape victim sympathetic. coughLizcough. 

JAX.

31 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But that doesn't appear to be happening which is confusing me.  

Nothing has been revealed—I was speculating that Anna filled in Alex on the basics she'd need if she ran into anyone other than Valentin.

• Love 4

how is amy ready to cry because dillon has a girlfriend?  did she think he held a torch for all these years? dillon has been in town for a couple of years and this is the first he saw her?  they were all in the nurses ball and dilon was at the hospital when his mom was there

why is Franco obssessed with jake? its not his son. jakes mental health has nothing to do with how Franco has lived his life.

they should just get rid of finn. hes so boring. i dont need help,i wont go into rehab,i talk to my lizard. zzzz.

If I remember correctly, Scrubs did not do the surgery on the kidneys. It was someone named Terrell, who Lisa Niles brought in. She wanted him to seduce Robin. He was a peds doctor.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

There were several pieces of hilarious Carly dialogue today, but the best line was "once Nelle got to know the real me, she should have known everything she heard about me was a lie." lol. Okay, Carly.

That did crack me up. I still haven't figured out how Jax has held himself back from reminding Carly about the time she had sex in the back of a limo with Sonny after taking Michael to the mental hospital. She and Jax were separated at the time, and she figured she wouldn't even have to mention it to him after they started to reconcile because of the Ross Geller defense: "we were on a break!" 

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

So Anna wants Alex to pretend that she's her?  (I'm not familiar with Alex Devane so not sure what her relationship with Anna is like.  Are they friendly?  Enemies?  I thought if this was Alex that Anna would come out of the shadows and say, "see it wasn't me, it was my sister".  But that doesn't appear to be happening which is confusing me.  

I'm still holding out for some kind of post-hypnotic suggesting thingy that will probably be explained badly. 

• Love 2

I'm sure she was one of the leading laywomen of the church.  

• Love 3

I'm going with this is Alex.  I think that's why she left Wyndemere so quickly; she does not know or recognize Lulu and didn't want to give that away.  Anna would have briefed her on those more in her sphere, like Griffin.  But Lulu would not have been anticipated.

Shut up, Carly.

Still love Jax and don't care about his bus and whether he's under it.  I mean, Sonny essentially bought Alice a heart by paying to bump her up the list.  I at least feel that Jax had the stronger motive, Joss being his daughter.

BTW, whatever happened to Alice?  Is she gone now that she no longer gets to say Mr. Luke?

• Love 8

Oh, look, another episode with Lulu going off the rails.  Instead of calling Diane and having her find out what the deal was about the visit, she goes off half-assed to Valentin ranting like a loon.  If I'm supposed to be on her side, the show has got to give me a reason other than her squawking.  The writing is just so bad.  Cannot wait for Emme to go on maternity leave to get a break from this garbage.

• Love 7

Real talk: If they brought Alex back I might actually check this goofy shit out. The Alex/Anna story on AMC is one of the most convoluted, nonsensical things ABC Daytime ever did, both in front of and behind the camera. Just talking about it is insane.

Has anyone primed people? Can someone tell me what's going on? I kind of always wanted Ron to use Alex if he needed one more damn doppleganger story; he once had a habit for picking up messy past characters and storylines and shining 'em up a bit, before he started just plain ruining others.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Darklazr said:

If Nell needs to be Carly's spawn, easiest way is to have Nell be the child of real Carly Robert's father and Caroline Benson.

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, even Tree said that Claudette was an avid church goer. And if she was lonely and in a new city and country, church would be an easy place to take solace and make friends.

8 hours ago, Perkie said:

8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

As you do.

Joss was one at the time? And now she is older than Jake, practically a teenager? How does that work?

Who is in Jake's grave and what child did Lucky/Liz bury, if Jake was whisked to Cassadine Island? Does anyone care about that? Who has that child's kidney?

AMEN! Who is buried in not Jake Spencer's grave? Maybe the brilliant detective/ex hitman Daddy Bestest, Jason, might start to look for answers there.

For the life of me, my eyes were practically stuck from rolling with Carly's spewing on about mean evil Nell. About how she purposefully wanted to hurt Carly. OMG. But, but, but Carly is the bestest! And nobody told her to check her fucking memory about Carly "Roberts" first years in town. She destroyed Bobbie and Tony's marriage. She ruined AJ's relationship with his parents, family and his CHILD. Fuck, she STOLE HIS CHILD! She lied and lied and lied. To get what and whoever she wanted. Nell pretending to sleep with Scummy and making Carly mad is nothing to Carly's entrance on GH.

Nell didn't set out to injure or abduct Joss. She never tried to steal Carly's identity or money. She didn't try to kill or maim Carly or his spawn. The only trying bad thing Nell did was to slightly lie about her identity and "sleep" with Scummy. 

Shut the hell up Carly. And shut it, Bobbie. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Nell didn't set out to injure or abduct Joss. She never tried to steal Carly's identity or money. She didn't try to kill or maim Carly or his spawn. The only trying bad thing Nell did was to slightly lie about her identity and "sleep" with Scummy.  

Yea, but Michael was fooled by a girl he kinda sorta liked! Joss will no longer live with the stepdad she only lived with for about a year and when she would have spent time back and forth anyway between that house and her father who has freaking amazing yachts.

1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Can someone tell me what's going on? 

Valentin said he and Anna slept together and then she put a hit on him. Anna had no clue what he was talking about and Griffin asked Anna if he could have mistaken someone else for her. Anna then said she had an idea and was going to go visit someone, and she came back acting all weird.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, stlbf said:

It's all about Stupid Morgan.  Carly could have handled anything Nelle threw at her, except, "using their grief over Morgan's death" to mess with her.  

STupid Morgan.  Ruins everything.  

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

People, people. Have we not learned our lesson about applying logic to this show?

Sometimes, the most logical response you can have with the retcons and forcing who is the hero and who is the villan:

damn_fb_100790.jpg

"I BET FRANK RETCONNED THIS STORYLINE!"

• Love 1

I *know* Show wants us to accept that Frank Benson is the latest Lyingest Liar Who Lied, and it's All His Fault that Morgan died and Ava Killed Kannie (and whatever shit they want to pile on...) , but what if he told the truth that, from his perspective, he was waiting for the Jax Money, he went away for a few weeks while it was deposited elsewhere, and thought he got screwed over?

And it tied into Helena (with the fake!Jake).

Bah. Show will probably never tell us what Nelle's Lightbulb Memory is. Just that Frank Benson Lied.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

he was waiting for the Jax Money, he went away for a few weeks while it was deposited elsewhere, and thought he got screwed over?

Frank got the money and endorsed the check—Jax showed Nelle pictures of the front and back. 

I don't need to hear what the lightbulb moment for Nelle was, as the point was for her to realize that Frank had lied to her, and everything Jax told her was true after all. We already have enough sob stories from Nelle. I don't want to hear more.

• Love 1