Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, stlbf said:

Who doesn't call or text before coming over when you have a newborn? 

The same people who don't call or text before coming over when you don't have a newborn. In other words, all of Port Charles, heh.

• Love 6
(edited)

What rational person would ever hire Alexis to represent them in court now? Besides being a lush, she is now paranoid (i.e., bug-eyed and whispery) about ghostly contact happening to her regularly. LOL she confessed her ghost paranoia  to daughter Sam, who reassured her: "Oh I saw Jason all the time after I thought he was killed". Guess it runs in da family.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5

Tracy and Laura are in "Turkey"—not a particular region or town? LOL. I liked their talk about Edward, but I wish Tracy weren't being written as such a loud American. 

"You'll do anything to protect your kids." Except stay far away from Sonny. Poor Scout, she's doomed with her godparents.

Joss's life won't drastically change if Carly divorces Sonny. 

The Jax/Joss talk about Lady Jane was really nice. I wish the show took time to do this kind of scene more often.

Hoodie-stalker Julian was UCG. I guess it's less conspicuous than a trench coat and a fedora.

NuLarry needs to work on his spit-take timing.

• Love 9

Highlight of today, by a mile, were the Jax/Josslyn scenes.  Jax's words about Lady Jane having lived a full life and he and Joss reminiscing about her felt so real.  It was a lovely tribute to the actress who played her.

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Tracy and Laura are in "Turkey"—not a particular region or town? 

Laura mentioned they were outside Ankara.

Joss's life won't drastically change if Carly divorces Sonny.

Carly has to pretend someone gives a shit

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Did Lady Jane ever appear on the show under FV?

I don't think so, which, given Jax was never a regular during his regime, is kinda understandable.

The last time I remember seeing her was Joss' christening.

32 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Jason is reading the paper, Sam returns, looks around and asks if Sonny left.  No, he's under the throw pillow.

Heh. I suppose that he could've been in the kitchen cooking or in the bathroom. Or perhaps in the chimney, cleaning.

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Jason is reading the paper, Sam returns, looks around and asks if Sonny left.  No, he's under the throw pillow.

Well, it is Sonny. He's small enough.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The same people who don't call or text before coming over when you don't have a newborn. In other words, all of Port Charles, heh.

Those assholes would be banned in my home. They can stand in the hallway and just be told to shove off and call me next time they want to come over. I could be cleaning, laundry or hell, be in a baby spit up covered nightgown, waiting for my laundry to be finished. 

Just say "I'm sorry, I have a sleeping/screaming/whatever baby, I'm busy and you need to call me ahead of time from now on." Not that hard, Sam and Jason.

(edited)
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The Jax/Joss talk about Lady Jane was really nice. I wish the show took time to do this kind of scene more often.

That was my favorite part of the show.  Memories of Lady Jane -- good times.  I really appreciate how the show honored her.

I also like Tracy and Leslie in "Turkey".  Tracy was considered part of the trash for too long.  It's nice to have her appreciated for a change.

Olivia getting validation was a nice moment.  And Alexis has stopped drinking and they remembered she used to be good friends with Jax.  And his ex-wife, coe to think of it.

The only part I fast forwarded was the ridiculous "Sonny and Carly are Scout's godparents". I think I was supposed to root for this forcing Carly and Sonny back together again but after twenty?  thirty? years of the same old stuff, wash, rinse, repeat, I am just so over them.  Not to mention, the thought of Carly being her granddaughter's godmother should have sent Alexis up the wall, or straight for the bottle.

I also rolled my eyes at Jason picking Sonny and Carly to be godparents but bemoaning that he's a bad father because Jake needs to see a psychiatrist because he's been kidnapped and held for ages.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Highlight of today, by a mile, were the Jax/Josslyn scenes.  Jax's words about Lady Jane having lived a full life and he and Joss reminiscing about her felt so real.  It was a lovely tribute to the actress who played her.

And not one bit was about how Sonny felt. I was thinking "Who let a real writer on the show?"

Welcome back, Anti-Sonny Joss. You were missed.

They may have an actual plot with the Laura/Tracy Turkish Adventure. I still think the woman crying in the other room is a viewer watching On Demand and unable to FF through the Sonny/Jason/Sam scenes.

I like Regenerated!Larry. He spittakes nice.

8 hours ago, ciarra said:

He's between the cushions, along with the remote, loose change, and Carly's bras.

• Love 6

Not to mention, the thought of Carly being her granddaughter's godmother should have sent Alexis up the wall, or straight for the bottle.

Carly is already Kristina's godmother and they have not had that type of adversarial relationship in years.

That's true. All of the adversarial relationships of yore seem warmer now. Tracy and Monica. Carly and Alexis. Carly and Sam. Carly and Liz. Liz and Sam. The antagonism now usually is between old characters and newer ones. Carly and Ava. Carly and Nelle. Liz and (until recently) Hayden. Sam and Franco. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Michael and Kristna as godparents could have given me more of the Michael only has sexual chemistry with his sister moments. The UCG that that provides is the only time I've enjoyed either of them outside of Q/Coven scenes in the past few years

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

I'm starting to think Kristina and Michael should have an affair for real. The duh face Sonny would have would be the greatest duh face of them all.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The only part I fast forwarded was the ridiculous "Sonny and Carly are Scout's godparents". I think I was supposed to root for this forcing Carly and Sonny back together again but after twenty?  thirty? years of the same old stuff, wash, rinse, repeat, I am just so over them. 

As if being godparents means they'll be forced to live in a house together Real World style.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, stlbf said:

Yeah, the best idea ever: Sonny and Carly as Monica's granddaughter's godparents. Wonderful! Why not just ask Helena and Franco? Or Sam's aunt Olivia? I highly doubt either one of the MULTIPLE TIME DIVORCED ASSHOLES would qualify as catholic godparents. Priests have to approve the godparents. Divorcees are probably disqualified. Sonny is their first choice? Not Michael, Curtis, or LUCAS? 

And godparents don't mean that you get your godchild if something happens to the parents. It doesn't work that way.

This stupid fucking show!

I'm Godmother to one of my nephews and I remember being so worried that I don't go to Church (RC) that the Priest wouldn't allow me to be Godmother, I was actually surprised he approved it. Things have changed a lot as far as Baptism but I don't think a so-called mob boss would be considered appropriate. At least do some research writers.

15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! Normally if an actor I liked carried on the way IR did on facebook I would never be able to fully enjoy their character anymore, but somehow I still find Jax to be just a breath of fresh air.

It's got to be IR because I feel surprisingly the same about Jax but I can't get past NLG's Twittering and Alexis used to be up there on my list of GH faves.

On topic, aside from Jax and Joss talking about Lady Jane and making me cry, the stupid of the Carly and Sonny show creeps me out. Every time I start to almost like Carly, she gets all Sonny-fied and I can't stand her again. Also, the pacing on this show is so ridiculous it sometimes feels like I'm watching 2 or 3 different shows.

Who's Lucas? /sarcasm font

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

Laura mentioned they were outside Ankara.

Turkey is a gigantic country; this doesn't mean much. (Not aiming this at you, ulkis.) The show is so lazy.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

bemoaning that he's a bad father because Jake needs to see a psychiatrist because he's been kidnapped and held for ages.

Ugh, I know. It was so blatantly a line so that Sam could reassure Jason (and, presumably, the viewers) that Jason is indeed the bestest father ever for wanting to help his son. (And for the love of everyone, please have Jason stop saying "my son." WE GET IT.)  This fakakta show.

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

All of the adversarial relationships of yore seem warmer now.

I'm glad about this, if only because it was always the same old sniping. There are legit reasons for characters to hate, but when that's the only thing the characters talk about, no thanks. At least come up with fresh insults if that's all they're going to do.

2 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Priests have to approve the godparents.

Really? One of my nephew's godfathers is his gay uncle. Given the Catholic Church's stance on that (and especially 20 years ago, when my nephew was baptized), I'm surprised the uncle got the okay. (I'm not arguing the point, I'm just curious how it works.)

• Love 2

I forgot to mention: Jax was the first person to talk with Alexis and give her honest nonjudgemental sympathy for losing Julian.

In fact, he's the first person to talk with her about Julian without automatically screaming how horrible an Evul Person he was and not let her get in a word edgewise.

17 hours ago, stlbf said:

Sonny, Jason, Sam and Carly have no issue with ignoring the Thou shalt not kill commandment. But supposedly Sonny (and Jason after his reawakening from the AJ car accident) are big RC. Plenty of real life mobsters are supposedly religious. They could give blood money to "wash away" their sins. But in the last few decades, the Church has been telling criminals that it ain't gonna fly like that anymore. In Italy too. Which has led to excommunications.

Real life, yeah. But Sonny gives money, and it's "alleged", and he has dimples, so the local parish will look the other way.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Turkey is a gigantic country; this doesn't mean much. (Not aiming this at you, ulkis.) The show is so lazy.

It really is. I'm still not over Bobbie's breathless report of "inches of snow on the ground" when Michael and Nelle went to the cabin. Come on. Two? Eleven? Sixteen? Finish your scripts, writers. Don't just hand the actors the drafts with blanks still in them. But it's all in the proud tradition of The Facility That Jax Found.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Really? One of my nephew's godfathers is his gay uncle. Given the Catholic Church's stance on that (and especially 20 years ago, when my nephew was baptized), I'm surprised the uncle got the okay. (I'm not arguing the point, I'm just curious how it works.)

Yeah, this was about 22 years ago. I think it's up to the Priest and/or Church, at the time they just asked my brother if I was Catholic. It's been a long time since I've been involved but I remember back when I was in grammar school, I went to a Catholic school, they were pretty strict at Sacred Heart, to be a Godparent you had to be a practicing member of the Church, you had to be of the same faith, couldn't be divorced or gay, but again, I'm going back quite a bit. Looking back it's pretty hypocritical to not let a gay person be a Godparent when so many of the priests are gay, allegedly the Catholic Church was one of the places that embraced gay men as priests as long as they did the same as straight men and remained celibate. There was a big stir and a lot of whispering when a new girl came to school and her parents were divorced. I imagine money had a lot to do with the "rules" being changed. Going with that train of thought, Sonny just has to make one of his "donations" to the Church and there's no problem.

In my nephew's case, it was a surprise to me because that particular church is on the conservative side. But I'm not Catholic, so no skin off my nose.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

I forgot to mention: Jax was the first person to talk with Alexis and give her honest nonjudgemental sympathy for losing Julian.

Yeah, it was really nice Jax realized Alexis was grieving and didn't harangue her for it, unlike a couple of her daughters. If I were being really cynical, I'd say it was done so that his involvement in Joss's kidney scheme feels all the more shocking. 

• Love 4

JE gave a really nice performance during the letter reading. She's going to leave such a void when she's gone. Tracy is prickly and fierce, sensitive and vulnerable, and JE delivers every nuance perfectly. I'm really going to miss her.

Good for Hayden, stepping back from Finn. He said some incredibly hurtful things to her, and it's realistic that she wouldn't be able to immediately get past that. And it's nice to see a woman not sacrifice her own feelings to please her man.

Carly's house is so ugly. Thank god Jax was there for me to stare at.

Amy and Dillon: why? High school buddies but he doesn't know her last name, blathering about Lord of the Rings, she's irrationally jealous of Kiki: why is any of this happening?

• Love 5
(edited)

Andre tells Jason and Elizabeth that they need to make peace with each other because Jake can pick up on the tension that Jake is obviously smart enough to know is about what happened to him on Cassadine Island? No, Andre, that's not what the tension is about, but thanks for playing. He's 0-for-2 the last few weeks on analyzing children.

It's not like Jason and Elizabeth could have tension over her lying to him and keeping him from his family for a year, her complete disrespect for Sam and Danny/Scout, or Franco's constant presence in Jake's life and recovery even when Jason has made his feelings clear.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 10

Uh, Sam....LA is the furthest (farthest?) away you can get and still be in the US?  There are these two new states named Hawaii and Alaska.  They be juuuust a tad more out of the way.

Watching yesterday's and when Alexis & Sam were in Kelley's I noticed the dirty windows (nice touch actually) and the mismatched doorknobs.  The décor overall I like.  Kinda funky/eclectic/vintage/homey.  I like places like that.  We have a pub/restaurant near here that was made of 'found' items.  Auctions, estates...you get the picture.  Way cool and the food is great!

Damn....I thought we had seen the last of Amy.  I know she pops up once in awhile at the hospital but please do not insert her between Dillon/Kiki.  She'll go all Fatal Attraction on Dillon.  Kiki better not buy any bunnies as a pet.

Loving the Tracy/Laura road trip.  Why didn't they use them more together till now?  The painting is really nice.  Whoever did/painted that for set is really good.  And as usual I covet Tracy's jacket.  Laura's was pretty cool, too, with the fringe.

• Love 2
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Linny said:

Good for Hayden, stepping back from Finn. He said some incredibly hurtful things to her, and it's realistic that she wouldn't be able to immediately get past that.

The guy is detoxing. Did she think he'd just sit there and crack jokes? At least they talked about it. I was afraid they'd drag this out without discussing it. And while I get that she's upset by what Finn said, again, he was detoxing. It's a process. It doesn't happen overnight. Yet one bad period and she bails? 

When did Edward find the painting? It couldn't have been right before he died, because he was sick. And didn't he and Tracy have something of a rapprochement before he died? I know Tracy has always felt things weren't entirely resolved between then, but it's not as if they were estranged.

21 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Damn....I thought we had seen the last of Amy.  I know she pops up once in awhile at the hospital but please do not insert her between Dillon/Kiki.  She'll go all Fatal Attraction on Dillon.

I was thinking she'd SWF Lauren, but same difference. Just what we need, more misogynistic stories.

And tomorrow, Sonny gets up in Nelle's face and threatens her. Our romantic lead, people.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

I wonder what's happening with Finn and Hayden's detox story.  I hope they're on today's episode.   Said no one.  Ever.  Ugh.

So, if Jax wasn't the person that Carly called when she came out of Nelle's appartment two weeks ago, demanding that they needed to talk, who was it?

39 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

I know she pops up once in awhile at the hospital but please do not insert her between Dillon/Kiki.  She'll go all Fatal Attraction on Dillon. 

How completely random is that story.  She's meeting Dillon to discuss some school reunion (totally missed what she was saying to whoever on the phone, so I assumed that's what it was) and yet she seemed surprised that it was Dillon she was meeting with, then gets all moopy when Kiki shows up then tells whoever on the phone that "his girlfriend showed up", like she was pissed about it.  Huh?  

Shut up Franco.

Aren't there specific child psychiatrists that specifically deal with children?  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

So, if Jax wasn't the person that Carly called when she came out of Nelle's appartment two weeks ago, demanding that they needed to talk, who was it?

AJ!

• Love 6

Wouldn't Dillon and Amy 2.0 have met up at last year's Nurses' Ball?  Or, did they just keep missing each other in that cast of thousands and in the vast labyrinth that is the Metrocourt Ballroom's backstage, much as star-crossed lovers do?

Uh, Sam....LA is the furthest (farthest?) away you can get and still be in the US?  There are these two new states named Hawaii and Alaska.  They be juuuust a tad more out of the way.

Hah, I said the same thing.  Not to mention, oh, say, Guam.  These writers be dumb.

• Love 10

Motherfuck there was so much stupid in this episode. Literally nothing makes any sense. They don't even try! I can't!

I'm sorry but I was not a fan of JE's acting during the letter reading scene. That painting really is lovely though. I'm surprised they managed to hire someone who did a good job at something!

I didn't see today, but am I to believe they retconned Amy 2.0 as being a high school classmate of Dillon's?  So random, so stupid!  What is with the push to make her happen all of a sudden?

• Love 8
7 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

I'm Godmother to one of my nephews and I remember being so worried that I don't go to Church (RC) that the Priest wouldn't allow me to be Godmother, I was actually surprised he approved it. Things have changed a lot as far as Baptism but I don't think a so-called mob boss would be considered appropriate. At least do some research writers.

On topic, aside from Jax and Joss talking about Lady Jane and making me cry, the stupid of the Carly and Sonny show creeps me out. Every time I start to almost like Carly, she gets all Sonny-fied and I can't stand her again. Also, the pacing on this show is so ridiculous it sometimes feels like I'm watching 2 or 3 different shows.

Who's Lucas? /sarcasm font

It baptism, I honestly think that it all depends on the priest. I had a friend whose first choice for godmother for her baby was denied. As said friend wasn't RC. But another friend whose choice for godmother was a practicing Wiccan and she was ok'd. The choice for  that baby's godfather was RC though.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I know. It was so blatantly a line so that Sam could reassure Jason (and, presumably, the viewers) that Jason is indeed the bestest father ever for wanting to help his son. (And for the love of everyone, please have Jason stop saying "my son." WE GET IT.)  This fakakta show.

Really? One of my nephew's godfathers is his gay uncle. Given the Catholic Church's stance on that (And especially 20 years ago, when my nephew was baptized), I'm surprised the uncle got the okay. (I'm not arguing the point, I'm just curious how it works.)

Of course Jason is the bestest dad eva! He drops his boys off his mother's.  He disappeared from his oldest son's brothers' lives after swearing to be there  for them. 

You can be gay and be a Catholic in good standing. You just need to not have sex! *Courtney eyeroll* And maybe there was a bit of "don't ask, don't tell" going on too.

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It's not like Jason and Elizabeth could have tension over her lying to him and keeping him from his family for a year, her complete disrespect for Sam and Danny/Scout, or Franco's constant presence in Jake's life and recovery even when Jason has made his feelings clear.

When has Liz been disrespectful to Sam/Danny/Baby Emily?  Outside of the stupid Franco is good now? Which isn't disrespect in my view, just terrible writers. Has she told Jason to keep Jake away from his thug of a stepmother? Nope. Has she threatened Sam or Sam's kids? Nope. Jason and Sam have no say in Liz's love life. Franco has no legal issues pending. Sam can insist on Franco stay away from herself, her kids and her home. Jason can't prove that Liz is a bad parent. Nor does he have a legal reason to keep Franco away from Jake. Don't even bringbup the killing parts. Jason is a hitman. If Jason has lingering anger issues over his identity issue with Liz, then he should see his own therapist.  But he really hasn't expressed much lately. Fact remains this: he can't control who Liz allows to spend time with her kids when they are with her. Unless he can prove something to a judge and get an order. He doesn't want Franco around Jake when Jason has him, that is fine. Believe me, I have divorced friends who would love to be able tell their ex who can be around their kids. Or how they should parent. But it ain't gonna happen. So Jason's feelings on Franco doesn't matter one god damn bit.

• Love 6
(edited)

Today was a classic Franco scene. And by classic, I mean the epitome of what's wrong with him. Comes into the diner to interrupt his pseudo daughter making out with someone, and then babbling to her and making what's wrong with a 10 year old all about him and his needs. I suppose they don't want him to be friends with Finn because of the OLTL connection but he needs someone to confide in* so they should just let them be friends because this is pathetic.

*since he has to be on the show according to FV, of course.

Not cool of Hayden to leave Curtis to have lunch with a guy he barely knows. Also, someone should tell Hayden no one in town really thinks of her at all, honestly. (She told Finn, "I know what this town thinks of me.")

Not that I'm clamoring for it, but why don't they give Amy a contract if they're trying to shove her in as Kristina's roommate and now some crush on Dillon and they knew each other in high school? I'm seriously starting to think the actress is related to someone connected with the show. If they gave her a contract it would make the nepotism too obvious so they just try to "subtly" sneak her in there.*

*okay, probably not true but it is weird.

Anyway, really? She's crying over some guy she hasn't seen since high school and who she only saw for two seconds having a girlfriend? Grow up lady.

This makes me wonder how old Dillon is supposed to be in relation to Kiki. 

Of course Carly thought Jax came all the way there to comfort her. And Jax pointed out why should this break the camel's back when it came to all the things Sonny has done, so I appreciated that. Still, he shoulda been like, if you want me to listen to you talk, I'll say I told you so if I damn well feel like it. 

Are there actual monk robes that look like that? Looked more like a dungeons and dragons cloak.

Oh, and why didn't Jason and Liz tell Jake he can't just talk to Franco cause Franco isn't actually a mothertruckin' "talking doctor" (isn't he old enough to say "therapist"?).

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Um . . . I thought Ned hated his father.  I had a WTF?! look on my face when they hugged after Larry congratulated him on his engagement to Olivia.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I didn't see today, but am I to believe they retconned Amy 2.0 as being a high school classmate of Dillon's?  So random, so stupid!  What is with the push to make her happen all of a sudden?

Yep.  Maybe it's to add an extra layer of "drama" to this year's Nurses' Ball?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Andre tells Jason and Elizabeth that they need to make peace with each other because Jake can pick up on the tension that Jake is obviously smart enough to know is about what happened to him on Cassadine Island? No, Andre, that's not what the tension is about, but thanks for playing. He's 0-for-2 the last few weeks on analyzing children.

Jason and Sam can have a fucking seat, especially if he has ALL of his memories and know the crap that these two have done over the years.  I hate Franco and think he's a pile of shit, but let's not forget that JaSam are just two horrible people on their own.

• Love 11
(edited)

So random, so stupid!  What is with the push to make her happen all of a sudden?

I don't know, it's weird.

Edited by ulkis