Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

LMAO that Griffin got pushed down by Liv and couldn't fight her off, leaving it to Anna to put her in a headlock. Why did he give up the Duke charade so quickly? He should have kept it up until he could get help from the police. 

Have the writers forgotten that Nelle didn't actually have sex with Sonny? I'm curious as to why that reveal hasn't happened yet. I'm glad Michael called Sonny out for not telling the truth and letting Nelle continue her plan. Sorry, Michael, that yet again your father has caused you pain by putting his own needs above everyone else's.

I hated Laura's attitude with Nina today. Nina never promised her anything, so why be surprised that she stuck by her husband? I think Laura's proposal was bullshit anyway, and that Lulu wouldn't have stood by it.

How many people have tried and failed to kill Julian? He's like the ultimate GH cockroach that we just can't get rid of.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

I think Laura's proposal was bullshit anyway, and that Lulu wouldn't have stood by it.

I know. Doesn't Laura know her daughter at all? I know Laura said only that she'd use her "influence," but come on. There's no way Lulu would have let Nina spend time with Charlotte. Maybe after things calmed down a bit, but that would be months away.

How many people have tried and failed to kill Julian? He's like the ultimate GH cockroach that we just can't get rid of.

No, that's Sonny.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

By the way, it's nice to know that Carly listed Michael, Joss and Avery as members of her family but not Dante and Kristina.

I'm fine with it, lol. Besides, Nelle had nothing to do with them and they're adults. Joss and Avery are minors and Nelle was "seducing" Michael.

34 minutes ago, Linny said:

Have the writers forgotten that Nelle didn't actually have sex with Sonny? I'm curious as to why that reveal hasn't happened yet.

They're saving it for when they want Carly to forgive Sonny.

• Love 3

I hope the courtroom trial isn't over considering one parent didn't get to testify. Diane's nuclear option worked in that it proved it's point - Valentin admitted he's known since Charlotte's conception that Lulu is the bio-mom. So the judge chastised her because....?

• Love 1

And the stupid award goes to Jordan, who goes after Rudge without back up, going so far as to tell her officers to stay where they are and not go with her.  

50 minutes ago, Linny said:

Why did he give up the Duke charade so quickly?

What was up with that?  He should have walked her out of the room right into police custody then said he wasn't Duke.  

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh man, Jax is so going under the bus for Nelle/Carly/Sonny.

I swear it had better be Jerry who orchestrated this and not Jax or I'm going to have to hurt someone.  

• Love 4

But, yes, would they really bother with records that old and the patient supposedly since deceased?

It's Port Charles-- half the cast has been declared dead at some point.  And some (Dr. Michael Easton) have been undead.

• Love 1

Michael should have pointed out that he would have kept it secret from Carly if Sonny had asked him to.

Diane's hair could stand to be a smidge less higher and redder.

Duke staring directly at the camera. That's not creepy at all.

Way for Anna to give away the game early. And can't they give poor Griffin a modicum of dignity? He can't even get Olivia off of him?

I hope Olivia takes them to wherever Robin is supposed to be and it turns out she's not there.

"Why should I help out you or your little brat."

aaaah, so nice to hear real Carly.

And lol at Nelle getting mean to Joss in the previews. Nothing against Joss, it's just nice to have old-fashioned pettiness happening in this town.

If Nina and Valentin were going to get custody, couldn't they show him kidnapping Ava for a day or two so she can't testify? Or have her testify, but then have Nora put her testimony in doubt by saying that maybe Ava is only testifying as a favor to Sonny so she can have more favorable visitation with Avery or something like that. 

3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Does Julian win a prize for being most hospitalized?   Shot, stabbed, run over.   I'm surprised he doesn't have a monogrammed hospital gown by now.

What was he in the hospital for this time anyway? Dehydration?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Wasn't there a rumor a while back that Laura, not LuLu is actually Charlotte's mother?

But Lulu felt an immediate bond with Charlotte!  And she's blonde!  Obviously, she's Lulu's!

I will never get over that "she's blonde, so she must be mine" statement of Lulu's.  So dumb.

And speaking of dumb, I see Jordan continues apace with her operation to take down Olivia Jerome.  Seriously, she and Anna have done no favors to women in law enforcement the last couple days.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

I will never get over that "she's blonde, so she must be mine" statement of Lulu's.  So dumb.

In the proud tradition of Sonny and Dante being related because they both like pasta, and Luke and Ethan being related because they drink the same way. Oof.

• Love 4

And Lulu's "Of course I know it's my child!" instincts kicking in with Charlotte while, with Ben/Rocco, she was holding him and playing him with him for weeks with zippo recognition.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Lulu's "Of course I know it's my child!" instincts kicking in with Charlotte while, with Ben/Rocco, she was holding him and playing him with him for weeks with zippo recognition.

I think Lulu said that she did feel a bond with him, but at least it was more subtle.

I just called something Ron did subtle. Help me.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The Michael/Sonny conversation was ridiculous.  Were we really supposed to worry Michael would be irreparably angry at Sonny for hurting his mom/sleeping with his crush and wouldn't accept his apology? 

Eh, Michael wasn't angry with him at Nelle's apartment either, and frankly, whether people want to admit it or not, Nelle victimized Sonny.  I never understand how that gets a pass on a soap when it's done by a woman, but whatevs.  I DO wish the writers would stop with that "You always forgive everyone.  It's such a gift."  NO it's not.  It's a death sentence for a soap character because they never get the juicy stuff.  At least I can enjoy the Griffin/Liv stuff today because it was out of character to see the noble Father Munroe pointing a gun at Liv.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

LMAO that Griffin got pushed down by Liv and couldn't fight her off, leaving it to Anna to put her in a headlock.

I laughed because it was more like "What the hell am I suppose to do with this?"  I mean I guess he could have punched her, but I don't see Griffin doing that, and Olivia was doing that mad slappy thing that writers tend to pen for women in fight situations (even though we can fight pretty nasty when pushed).   

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Or Valerie. It would give her a reason to be there. 

Yes, Valerie would be a good protégé for Anna - someone already trained in police work and someone already on the GH canvas.  

4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Looks like it's confirmed that Jane Elliot is leaving.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2017/03/08/jane-elliot-is-leaving-general-hospital

I am sad to see her leave.  However, she has most definitely earned her retirement. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Eh, Michael wasn't angry with him at Nelle's apartment either, and frankly, whether people want to admit it or not, Nelle victimized Sonny.  I never understand how that gets a pass on a soap when it's done by a woman, but whatevs.

My point was that the show made a big deal today about Sonny apologizing and being worried that Michael was upset with him, which is ridiculous because Michael forgave him for MURDERING HIS BIOLOGICAL FATHER.  That's not something they can squeeze narrative juice out of with these two.

And I've never said that Nelle didn't victimize Sonny, drugging someone is obviously not cool.  My position, however, has always been that Sonny getting drunk and/or sleeping with someone inappropriate isn't out of character for him, but in this case, the writers gave him a cover by making him Nelle's victim.  And even though this shouldn't change the fact that he lied about what he thought happened afterwards, once it comes out Nelle drugged him, everything will be forgiven.  It's weak.

And frankly, Nelle having falsely accused Carly is the same punches pulling by the writers.  Wouldn't it be more dramatically interesting if Nelle had a legitimate gripe with Carly?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And frankly, Nelle having falsely accused Carly is the same punches pulling by the writers.  Wouldn't it be more dramatically interesting if Nelle had a legitimate gripe with Carly?

Didn't Carly actually write "why should I help out you and your brat?" She didn't deny it. Not that that was that unreasonable of Carly, but I get why Nelle might have a grudge then.

• Love 1
Just now, ulkis said:

Didn't Carly actually write "why should I help out you and your brat?" She didn't deny it. Not that that was that unreasonable of Carly, but I get why Nelle might have a grudge then.

But Carly's right in that she didn't owe Frank and his kid squat.  I'm talking about a scenario where Carly really, truly did something wrong and that sin had come back to bite her in the ass and she would have regrets about it now.  The outcome I wanted for this storyline was not one where Carly got to act smug.

Also, I think the main plank of Nelle's grudge is the kidney nonsense, which is going to be pinned to Jax.

• Love 7
(edited)

I do think the Nelle story would be better if Sonny actually had slept with her. I don't think so highly of Sonny, God knows, that it would be hard for me to buy from him, and it seems lopsided the way it is.  

I don't usually notice this to say it about a daytime soap episode, but Wednesday's show was really well directed. Especially Jordan's searches and the Anna/Griffin/Liv standoff (suspenseful), but also the Nelle/Carly argument (good emotional "beats"; just the right spaces for the actors).  It was the well-practiced Phideaux Xavier. I rewound to check it out.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3

"I don't expect you to say all is forgiven, Michael." What?! Of course you do, Sonny.

Anna should have had a "WTF?" look on her face when Griffin pretended to be Duke, not one of fright.

47 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This annoys me, too. What's the point of having Nelle go toe-to-toe with Carly when her problems aren't Carly's fault in the first place? Carly genuinely thought Joss got Jake's kidney at the time. Whatever happened (oh, Jax!) isn't due to Carly.

24 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Wednesday's show was really well directed

I think the show is generally well directed, TBH. The action stuff is never that great but I think it's due to limitations of time and money. It's not the directors' fault they get one take unless a set literally falls down.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ciarra said:

Does Julian win a prize for being most hospitalized?   Shot, stabbed, run over.   I'm surprised he doesn't have a monogrammed hospital gown by now.

Like daughter, like father.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

My point was that the show made a big deal today about Sonny apologizing and being worried that Michael was upset with him, which is ridiculous because Michael forgave him for MURDERING HIS BIOLOGICAL FATHER.  That's not something they can squeeze narrative juice out of with these two.

And I've never said that Nelle didn't victimize Sonny, drugging someone is obviously not cool.  My position, however, has always been that Sonny getting drunk and/or sleeping with someone inappropriate isn't out of character for him, but in this case, the writers gave him a cover by making him Nelle's victim.  And even though this shouldn't change the fact that he lied about what he thought happened afterwards, once it comes out Nelle drugged him, everything will be forgiven.  It's weak.

Sonny was/is a drug pusher with his mob. So screw his so called victimization with this stupid Nell crap. The dirt bag lured troubled underage girls into gentlemen club dancing, gave them drugs to keep them performing, seduced teen Karen Wexler and then threatened hers and Jagger's lives to keep her with him. Boo fucking hoo! 

Plus he murdered AJ. And has fucking gotten away with it. 

The only way to make the crap interesting is if it comes out that Frank really is Carly's bio father. Write out the John Duran/whatever as a mistake (on TFGH? A shock!). And bring him back to explain his absence in Carly's life. Let him be an asshole. Or a dumbass with a decent heart. Then have him leave. Taking Nell, Carly and Michael with him for all I care.

• Love 2

John Durant was a mistake, as far as I am concerned. They made a big deal of his introduction at the time, because the actor had been on L.A. Law, but so little came of it. He did not have much chemistry with either Tamara Braun (then-Carly) or Jackie Zeman. In the annals of GH parents, he was but a blip. It seems as though he was around for about three months, but the air dates assure me it was almost two years (September 2004 through May 2006). Has his name even come up since he died, the way the dearly departed likes of SWSNBN do from time to time?  

The Durant scene I most remember is when he had just gotten out of the hospital and was talking to Carly at the penthouse, and the Red Menace ran into the room and started pummeling him with his tiny fists because he was talking bad about Daddy. When I think about things like that, it is so hard for me to link up the monstrous Child Michael with the current sweet-natured Eeyore version.

Now, Drew Garrett's version, who would get up in people's faces and boast about how he had beaten Claudia to death, and imply that if they didn't watch it they would get the same treatment...that seemed like a grown-up version of the hateful little troll.  

• Love 2

Durant? I think Carly mentioned him when they had Joss' "family tree assignment" nonsense.

I think he was a lawyer, DA, or a federal agent or something. But yeah, CB was barely a memory. No chemistry with anyone and no decent stories. Which is a shame. The man is a good actor, even on Y&R.

There are too many issues to even start on Michael.  What a god damn sad sack waste of a legacy character.  Truly a waste.

• Love 1

Is anybody here a fan of this Nelle/Carly shit? 

I don't mind Nelle/Carly but I enjoy (relatively typing) Nelle's scenes with Sonny.   Nelle is a good buffer for my rage whenever Maurice tries to read any of his lines (which are the majority) that try to wash away his vile violent thug aspect of his character and portray his holiness as someone the audience should take pity on.

Looks like it's confirmed that Jane Elliot is leaving.

Hope she makes sure that there are funds in that pension she is going to draw.  I have enjoyed her appearances since she first came on screen in 1978 and was one of the main reasons that i started rewatching in the past couple of years.  Oh the stories she could tell. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I hope the courtroom trial isn't over considering one parent didn't get to testify. Diane's nuclear option worked in that it proved it's point - Valentin admitted he's known since Charlotte's conception that Lulu is the bio-mom. So the judge chastised her because....?

This is the same TFGH  where Judgy Wudgy had Maxie separated from Little Georgie because Reasons.

Nice that we got just a nod to the WTFness of Duke returning in Father-Doctor Shirtless. Too bad he and Anna couldn't take out Liv like SonnyandJason did with WhineyVal.

I'm honestly surprised that Carly didn't take a look at the returned letters and call them fakey fake because Nelle is a lying liar who lies who chose to get rewenge and therefore it's all her fault (said the woman who slept with her mother's husband with no re-gerts).

Raj actually  answers a lingering question: "Why doesn't Julian just kill Liv?" Because Raj is around to clean things up before slinking back to the shadows and going free agent.

So, being held captive on Cassadine Island will ALWAYS be considered "alleged" and "not subject to debate"? "Mister Cassadine, on the island, were any of the witnesses free to leave? Why were there men preventing them, and why were they taking direction from you?"

can Nora legally practice law in new york.why does lulu always have to fight for custody of her children.  olivia is insane.if we could resurrect peope everyone would do it.  

what happened to Laura investigating the law books. instead she has to support herdaughter in another custody case

I guess the GH writing team doesn't care how many viewers voice dislike seeing the show's pregnant characters, being shoved off a bridge or tied up & chained to a wall?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lor said:

olivia is insane.if we could resurrect peope everyone would do it.  

Welll, she's not that insane, given that both Robin and her former stepfather David Hayward can attest to bringing people back from the dead (or near-dead or whatever hair splitting we wanna call it).  Of course, it helped in those cases that they had bodies and not locks of hair to work with...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lor said:

can Nora legally practice law in new york.why does lulu always have to fight for custody of her children.

I'm sure she's licensed to practice in NY. As has been pointed out in other forums, attorneys are often licensed in neighboring states.

Lulu is the biological parent but not named on Charlotte's birth certificate so she has no legal claim. Therefore she has to fight for custody.

• Love 4

Nelle plays the victim like crazy. It's annoying. 

Maybe it's because I have a billion friends and family members named Emily that I thought are you kidding me with the Emily name again for the baby. 

• Love 1

Hated Dr. Michael Easton besting Brad.  His acting superior given he's a drug addict who's practiced medicine while on drugs or in withdrawal irritates me quite a bit.  Glad Brad dropped a dime on him.

Awww, Monica's happiness that Sam and Jason named the baby after Emily made me happy.

How did Carly not realize that her preteen daughter had plans to go to a concert with Nelle? 

Oh Michael, weak.

• Love 6

Nelle should have been a lot more gentle with Josslyn. No matter how Nelle feels about Carly, Joss is innocent in all of this and doesn't deserve to be treated like crap. I'd love to hear Joss discuss the Nelle/Sonny situation with Jax.

Michael is kinda hot when he's angry. If he could generate that kind of passion all the time, he'd be a lot more interesting. Maybe his only role on this show should be Official Truth Server, yelling at everyone who deserves it (which is all of them).

Yessss, Liv and Ava are finally meeting! Both actresses are great, so this should be fun.

I refuse to call that baby Emily. She'll always be Scout to me.

• Love 2

So, Robin's in the elevator, right? I mean the anvils that were dropped about Anna's past coming back means that the pregnant Robin is in the elevator and Olivia is planning to do to her what she did to her mother. Of course, Jason will be the one to find her and save her and the baby.

I don't have the negative feelings towards Emily a lot of people have so I am fine with them naming their daughter after his murdered sister.

• Love 2

LOL that Sam never changed clothes in the hospital. She's in the clothes she gave birth in. Ew.

6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

How did Carly not realize that her preteen daughter had plans to go to a concert with Nelle? 

Probably because Nelle took care of her calendar.

8 minutes ago, Linny said:

Nelle should have been a lot more gentle with Josslyn. No matter how Nelle feels about Carly, Joss is innocent in all of this and doesn't deserve to be treated like crap.

Yeah, Nelle could have handled that a lot better. I wonder if that was to make us hate Nelle even more?

• Love 1

This is when we need Bobbie AND Lucas passive aggressively snarking about a 20 something infiltrating the Corinthos family and taking them for a ride. Is it okay? No, of course not. But there is no damn way that Bobbie doesn't still feel the anger for what Carly did. All that trashing of Nelle she did could easily just be things she never got the chance or had the nerve at the time to say to Carly's stupid face.  Lucas should say something. Monica should say something. SOMEONE should laugh in their faces and say "Wow, that's terrible.  It's awful when someone does that.  Guess the shoe's on the other foot huh?"  This prattling like S&C are some modern day Waltons is a damned joke and how terribly HURT they are by Nelle's betrayal. You'd think they'd never done a wrong thing EVER.

But I did love Carly struggling with parenting Josslyn while obsessing  over her grown assed adult son's life, ignoring her teen daughter in the process. Morgan's not alone anymore in that department. Carly tantruming with Michael over a forgiving nature that doesn't benefit HER was  a hoot, while 30 seconds later, having the longest parenting attempt with any of her children with Joss. No wonder she spluttered and whined about being the parent while Joss ultimately figured things out.

Oh, and OF COURSE Sonny was tricked into sex with Nelle. Just like Ava, right Michael? Those evil vaginas are always hungry for naive penis, huh?

• Love 6

I loved the liv and Ava meeting.

Brad is a weasel but he entertains me.Plus I Remeber Alan and Karen paying the consequences when they was on drugs.Not sure why Finn should get away with it.

The Jason and Sam and naming the baby was sweet.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

This version of Anna? Hard pass.

Hey, maybe it would make her less weepy lol. Besides, they're all imitations of who they used to be, alas.

• Love 2

"You're just like your great-grandmother Lila.... She was always ready to give someone a second chance. And many people took advantage of that!" You mean like Sonny?

Why is Michael humiliated by Nelle? It's not as if they ever slept together. He said they barely started anything. 

Did Monica really need to ask "After my Emily?" when Sam told her they wanted to name the baby that? I know that was to give newer viewers a head's up, but it could have been handled more elegantly. Also, they don't need anyone's permission to name their kid anything. As if Monica would say no anyway.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is Michael humiliated by Nelle? It's not as if they ever slept together. He said they barely started anything. 

Once again, the show is trying to sell us on a romantic relationship being epic and passionate that was, you know, not.  At all.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

What if she calls him Duke!? What then!?

Then Dante can back away slowly.

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Forsooth, he saw her ankle.

Poor Sabrina, she was only wacked off six months ago.

• Love 6