Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Jax and Carly kiss

I'm more annoyed that Jax is letting this happen than Carly is. He should know better by now. Carly is terrible for him. It's too bad IR and LW have such great chemistry.

33 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Franco only appears to want to apologize (or "apologize") to Sam as it relates back to what happened to Elizabeth--not because he truly is horrified by his actions. 

And then he whines and wonders why everyone is so mean to him. If there's a character that's a bigger mess than Franco, I can't think of one. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, rur said:

Rant begins:

The apology was the point at which my "Why is RoHo still employed" rage once again flared up. I could possibly accept that a competent actor might decide to portray a serial killer having trouble saying the word apologize and stammer a bit. But I cannot believe that a competent actor would have a serial killer play around with the word the same way Alec Baldwin did several weeks ago on Saturday Night Live.  I believe that crap was all RoHo's idea and he got away with it because GH only films scenes once. It wasn't funny. It took the viewer out of the scene, something a competent actor would not want to do.

Rant over

RoHo's acting on this show is terrible in general, and I don't think he's competent at comedy when it comes to this character. Whenever he tries to be funny he usually comes off as condescending and/or like a creepy rapist serial killer. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm more annoyed that Jax is letting this happen than Carly is. He should know better by now. Carly is terrible for him. It's too bad IR and LW have such great chemistry.

I found his wide-eyed innocent gaze to be completely off-putting. He should know how much trouble Carly is by now. Run, Jax, run!

5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I know the writers have to come up with crap to keep characters out of prison - otherwise there would only be like three people on the show, but it feels different with Julian and Ava. Maybe it's because they're newbies? With Ava in particular, I can't even keep track of how much shit she has hanging over her head. So much of her time on this show has been spent committing crimes and coming up with schemes to stay out of prison for murdering Connie, then coming up with more schemes to cover up the previous schemes. Then crying and whining about how hard her life is. And mentioning that everything she does is for her children. It's an endless cycle. 

The last two things are SUPER Sonny as well. I feel like they're just using the same tactics they use with Sonny with Ava. But I think the Sonny stuff doesn't come off as annoying (for some) as the Ava stuff because, like you said, Ava is newer. But also probably because the endless cycle is like all there is with Ava and it's always done so abruptly it gives you whiplash. And because MW cries a lot, which is annoying imo.

As for Julian, this whole thing with him is just really dumb and weird and I still don't really understand why it all happened. So bizarre.

• Love 5

It would help a lot if Ava's schemes were active instead of reactive. She needs to take control of something. Like, how about getting back physical custody of her toddler daughter? How about she teams up with Nelle and get that story moving? Anything that keeps her from sobbing into her martini.

• Love 6

You know, Franco might be the worst but RoHo's look and acting choices are not helping this character at all. 

My sister was watching the show with me and I gave her a brief backstory of what Franco did to Sam. Her response after I was done explaining,"He looks like a rapist too." 

So, I think the show need to clean his image up cause he looks greasy on top of Franco's creepy behavior. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It would help a lot if Ava's schemes were active instead of reactive. She needs to take control of something. Like, how about getting back physical custody of her toddler daughter? How about she teams up with Nelle and get that story moving? Anything that keeps her from sobbing into her martini.

I can't see Nell with Sonny. The age diff is just too great. Since Sonny still has Avery, could Ava drift back into Sonny's life, since he still has Avery under his roof? It seems like Nell is setting her cap for Michael.

• Love 3
On November 18, 2016 at 11:27 PM, ciarra said:

I know Carly is irresistible (cough, cough) but isn't Jax still with Brenduh, aka "cackles at inappropriate times"?

Please don't make Valentin the other long lost Duke, the one without the accent.

Jax and Brenda never got back together.

7 hours ago, Proteus said:

Jax and Brenda never got back together.

They did, for like 5 minutes right before FV/RC instituted the return of the first Nurses' Ball. Then Brenda went to Sonny's to talk to him and Carly found out, told Jax (because she wanted him back) and Jax broke up with Brenda. It was one of their first FUs! to audience, this time targeting Jax/Brenda fans. Now we have the ruinations of Lante, Anna Devane, Liz, Kevin/Lucy, etc. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

They did, for like 5 minutes right before FV/RC instituted the return of the first Nurses' Ball. Then Brenda went to Sonny's to talk to him and Carly found out, told Jax (because she wanted him back) and Jax broke up with Brenda. It was one of their first FUs! to audience, this time targeting Jax/Brenda fans. Now we have the ruinations of Lante, Anna Devane, Liz, Kevin/Lucy, etc. 

I'm talking about after that. They never got back together.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I remember being furious about that. Brenda might be dumb enough to choose Sonny but she would never treat Jax like garbage.

And I don't remember if that mess was before or after the Ethan paternity fakeout, but by the time RC reintroduced Franco I was already anxious to see the back of him

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I feel like I missed something.  I never got the false impression that Alexis was roofied or raped.  She was drunk off her ass, flirting with the rapist, and disappointed when he left the bar.  When she woke up, she seemed to think she had had a drunken ONS, and was relieved it hadn't happened.

It would have taken thick beer goggles to find the rapist even remotely attractive.  And what kind of plan did he run off to when he was about to have his first sexual experience with a woman after twenty years of prison?  That was odd.  Was he never interested?  Did he only flirt to get info on Franco?  Help me out here.

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:52 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I don't hate Franco as much as many do, but this storyline just doesn't work at all.  Franco only appears to want to apologize (or "apologize") to Sam as it relates back to what happened to Elizabeth--not because he truly is horrified by his actions.  And him choking on getting the words out?  WTF--where was the laugh track?  Not cool. 

I've said before I think Roger Howarth is good at the comedy stuff.  Problem is Franco should not be a comedic figure.  It fails because the story set up for him, via James Franco's vanity project, is that of a psycho.  The tumor defense is a poor, poor excuse and even IF that was believable, him playing things for laughs negates that. 

Roger Howarth is actually really good at the tormented bad guy trying to do good, which is why this whole role is confusing to me.  He did a long and well-earned redemption of Todd on OLTL.  And it was known how uncomfortable RH was with making an anti-hero out of a rapist.  Yet he plays this role as somewhat of a joke.  I can only imagine that he hates his character, hates the writers, but is phoning it in for the salary.  So he throws in all the humor to communicate his disdain for the writing.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:29 PM, dubbel zout said:

They really do.  I never cared for Jax until he was with Carly.  I cheered them on when they kept "Little John" from Nikolas, and I was so glad Courtney was dead and gone.  I thought it was Carly's happiest point in her life, and I think Jax was happy as well. 

Who spilled the beans on the baby?  It was probably "I must reveal the paternity of every child but my own" Robin.

O/T  I turned on the TV the other day, and it happened to be on Bold and the Beautiful.   I saw Kelly Cramer/Victoria Newman.  And then, of all people, I see Lois cuddled up to an old doughy man in bed.   Turns out it was Eric, who's in his 70's, and he had a beard to cover his jowls, and the sheet pulled up over his boobs.  I wonder if soap actresses get tired of this shit.

• Love 2

I think all that was more about Alexis's downward spiral. I don't know why they shoved Tom in there, because it's dumb for him to think he'd find out anything about Franco at Gene's Brandford Roadhouse (established 1985!), which is supposed to be outside of PC, or at least far enough away that Alexis thought she wouldn't run into anyone she knew.

Ugh, I hate what they're doing to Alexis. Given NLG's Twitter feed, the drinking onscreen might be real. Heh.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Roger Howarth is actually really good at the tormented bad guy trying to do good, which is why this whole role is confusing to me.  He did a long and well-earned redemption of Todd on OLTL.  And it was known how uncomfortable RH was with making an anti-hero out of a rapist.  Yet he plays this role as somewhat of a joke.  I can only imagine that he hates his character, hates the writers, but is phoning it in for the salary.  So he throws in all the humor to communicate his disdain for the writing.

They really do.  I never cared for Jax until he was with Carly.  I cheered them on when they kept "Little John" from Nikolas, and I was so glad Courtney was dead and gone.  I thought it was Carly's happiest point in her life, and I think Jax was happy as well. 

Who spilled the beans on the baby?  It was probably "I must reveal the paternity of every child but my own" Robin.

O/T  I turned on the TV the other day, and it happened to be on Bold and the Beautiful.   I saw Kelly Cramer/Victoria Newman.  And then, of all people, I see Lois cuddled up to an old doughy man in bed.   Turns out it was Eric, who's in his 70's, and he had a beard to cover his jowls, and the sheet pulled up over his boobs.  I wonder if soap actresses get tired of this shit.

I am taking my response to the history thread. I hate Carly and Jax, despite the chemistry.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I feel like I missed something.  I never got the false impression that Alexis was roofied or raped.  She was drunk off her ass, flirting with the rapist, and disappointed when he left the bar.  When she woke up, she seemed to think she had had a drunken ONS, and was relieved it hadn't happened.

It would have taken thick beer goggles to find the rapist even remotely attractive.  And what kind of plan did he run off to when he was about to have his first sexual experience with a woman after twenty years of prison?  That was odd.  Was he never interested?  Did he only flirt to get info on Franco?  Help me out here.

Tom had no idea Alexis had any connection to Franco until she mentioned it…and then he rabbited.  I'm guessing because he didn't want to be around anyone who knew Franco after Franco threatened him.  I think Tom was at this out-of-town bar to have a peaceful drink away from anyone who might know him OR Franco.  Just like Alexis, actually.  But once she mentioned Franco, Tom had no interest in sticking around & made up an excuse to leave.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I like Valentin and hate everything else.

+1

2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I can only imagine that he hates his character, hates the writers, but is phoning it in for the salary.  So he throws in all the humor to communicate his disdain for the writing.

I agree with all this and honestly it only makes Franco more annoying. Just leave, RoHo! Please! Put yourself and everyone else out of our misery!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I remember being furious about that. Brenda might be dumb enough to choose Sonny but she would never treat Jax like garbage.

And I don't remember if that mess was before or after the Ethan paternity fakeout, but by the time RC reintroduced Franco I was already ready to see the back of him

After. Paternity fake out was literally right when Ron took over.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I hate what they're doing to Alexis. Given NLG's Twitter feed, the drinking onscreen might be real. Heh.

If NLG doesn't get an emmy nod her twitter feed is gonna feature some brydog like aspects, I am sure.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But didn't Alexis get a quick tweet or text from someone saying the ban on her license might be lifted in Jan.?

1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

I still think that Nelle's connection to Joss is that she is Jerry Jax's daughter; mother unknown.

So the parents that Nell keeps talking about needing money and thus sold her kidney were Jerry Jax and an unknown woman?

Not necessarily. Nelle could be lying about her "parents". Or she could've been adopted by her mother's husband. Or just adopted by a couple. We only have her word about her family and childhood.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 1

If Jerry knew about Nelle, I don't see him letting his brother buy his daughter's kidney for his niece, soapy as that is. And SR's Jerry, at least, doesn't strike me as careless when it comes to screwing around. 

Who thinks we'll find out what's going on before the end of the year? I am...cautiously optimistic.

• Love 3

Well, Nelle could be the old happy go Lucky Jerry Jax's offspring. That Jerry Jax, I have little doubt was a ladies' man. Still would say that AJ had a lot more reason to want to destroy Sonny's and Carly's lives.

That said, the whole kidney crap is still stupid. It maked no sense then, and even less sense now. Jax wouldn't be paying out for organs that Liz and Lucky gave to Joss for free. And he sure as shit wouldn't let Liz believe her kid was dead.

Nelle's parentage will be determined by who they want her to date. The writers don't have a clue nor do they give a fuck as to what family ties Nelle should have.

This fucking shit fest of a disgraced tv genre!

• Love 5
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:12 PM, stlbf said:

I'm hoping that Joss and Cameron finally find out that Carly accidentally caused the death of their common half sister. Which could work with a teen Cam teaming up with Joss to find out about Zander. And they can also find out that Jax and Carly hid Spencer as an baby from Nik to knock Jax down a peg for Joss, too.

STLBF, can you please refresh my memory on this one?

Not stlbf, but when Jax was married to Courtney, they wanted a baby. Courtney's eggs were frozen from her dip in the frigid coastal waters of Bolivia, so they needed an egg donor and surrogate. Elizabeth agreed to be that surrogate. She got pregnant with a child meant to be raised as Jax and Courtney's, but was biologically hers, and she had a car accident involving Carly somehow whose details embarrassingly escape me, and miscarried.

• Love 3

Dante seems to feel bad for Sonny that he has to wear an ankle monitor? UGH.

I guess Nelle is going to let it "slip" to Sonny that Carly and Jax kissed? Still don't care....

The preview of Kiki and Avery is adorable, though. That baby (now toddler) is still so very cute.

• Love 4

Remember when the big knock on RC's GH was that it raced along from one plot point to the next? I'm reduced to thinking, "Hey, at least he had plots...:

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 4

Today's episode was so dull. I would rather have watched Tracy and Finn play board games for an hour. Those two are great together. Enough with Finn going slack jawed over a half-naked Hayden, though. We get it, he wants her, please progress the story, I'm bored.

Nelle's evil grin at the end would mean more to me if I had any idea what she wants to accomplish, and why. She's been on here for months and we've still not gotten a clear picture of what kind of character she truly is. The pacing on this show sucks so much. We either get brief, sporadic scenes that flesh out a character/storyline (as is the case with Nelle), or we get waterboarded with information about a storyline (such as Morgan's death). There is no in between.

• Love 2

I like Diane, but geeze, woman!  You like your retainer, but like justice being served even more?  Because, no.

How she said that with a straight face or her nose not growing a foot long, I'll never know.  Then she follows it up, ten minutes later, by referring to all the times she's gotten Sonny off when he was guilty.  Geeze, Show!

Jason and Sam could not be more boring, but I couldn't fail to notice the disdain dripping from his voice when he said Julian's name.  Because we gotta know Julian is the bad mobster, and Sonny the good.

This show makes me sick sometimes, it really does.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

That was offensively boring. My affection for Tracy will never overcome my disinterest in Silas. Best part today was the preview for Tuesday.

The Nelle/Kiki scenes made me wonder, what would a Kiki/Dillon and Michael/Nelle double date be like? Just let the coma sink into your bones.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The Nelle/Kiki scenes made me wonder, what would a Kiki/Dillon and Michael/Nelle double date be like? Just let the coma sink into your bones.

Might as well just take the whole bottle of Ambien and be done with it.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Not stlbf, but when Jax was married to Courtney, they wanted a baby. Courtney's eggs were frozen from her dip in the frigid coastal waters of Bolivia, so they needed an egg donor and surrogate. Elizabeth agreed to be that surrogate. She got pregnant with a child meant to be raised as Jax and Courtney's, but was biologically hers, and she had a car accident involving Carly somehow whose details embarrassingly escape me, and miscarried.

Carly was erratically running around Port Charles because she was losing her grip on her sanity, and Elizabeth was in a car at the time (they were going to replace the actress and needed a long pause to explain why Carly wouldn't be on the canvas for a while, although one could argue that Sonny is detrimental to one's mental health given what's happened to the women he's dated).

And let's never forget SWSNBN's dip in the icy waters of landlocked Bolivia.

Edited by Lobsel Vith
  • Love 1

The Curtis/Hayden scenes were great. The Tracy/Finn scenes were nice. The Hayden/Finn scenes blew chunks. I've never been more bored and this entire show is boring as hell!

I skipped anything related to how great Sonny is after the first Dante scene. So gross. I can't anymore.

I'm always really weirded out when I find CD attractive like I did today. You know what would be neat, if Michael got a story again that didn't involve him kissing Sonny's ass!

Curtis shaking Jason's hand pretty much ruined him for me. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted!

ETA: Also, Nelle's highlighter was horrible.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Isn't this the first time that Kiki has even seen Jax? She doesn't know him so why is she talking about the  relationship between Carly and Jax?

When does not knowing anything ever stop anyone from talking about a situation? It's one of the things about GH that drives me the most nuts.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Isn't this the first time that Kiki has even seen Jax? She doesn't know him so why is she talking about the  relationship between Carly and Jax?

It's like the whole McBain and Sam thing, Kiki knew Jax in a past life.

• Love 1

Anyone else notice in the PCPD scene after the arraingment, Diane and Jordan were going at it, and in the background Chad and Dom were sharing some sort of joke, Chad had to cover his mouth not to show that he was laughing.  Wonder if they realized they were on camera even though they weren't the talking parties.  

That's about as exciting as my watching was today.  

• Love 3

So after dragging it out for six hundred years, Nelle's big scheme-y move is going to be to tell Sonny about the Carly/Jax kiss?  UUUGGHHH! 

I am so sick and tired of Tracy's entire existence revolving around Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig.  

• Love 7

Shut up, Nelle. 

Sam and Jason are beyond boring. 

Seriously, Show? You're having Sonny be on house arrest because he might be beaten up in jail?! THat's as dumb as Sonny's claustrophobia. And what is this nonsense about Sonny being all alone in his big house? It's not as if people can't come to him. 

I was so relieved Jax totally shut down Carly's advances. I liked the scene where Carly talked about not keeping her kids safe and Jax just listened. It was nice that he didn't say "I told you so," which he could have, deservedly.

When Curtis was saying how fancy Hayden's room was, I had to laugh. The whole thing is slapped together from other sets. The bed is from Windermere, the sheets are from the MetroCourt, the equipment is from GH.

• Love 7