Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The thing is, I've always thought Roger Howarth was hot--and he's a phenomenal actor. Franco is an extremely problematic character, but with time and better writing, I think GH could have had a good stab at redeeming him. And Becky Herbst can make pretty much anything work! But the way they have Franco continue to act like a pathetic, creepy, whiny, stalker piece of shit, the writers have squandered every chance they had!

• Love 10

I truly do not understand who this show is being written for. Today I watched a man pushing 50 overreact to his girlfriend chatting with the father of one of her children. He then creepily watched her interacting with her coworker's child. When that grossness was done we were treated to watching him pressure her into sex. Granted, this view is colored by my hatred towards all things greasy haired serial killer. I still find all things Liz/Franco revolting and really want this pairing to end.

Griffin and Anna taking Charlotte on the run could be fun to watch, so long as they don't catch up with Claudette.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

@ulkis Are you enjoying the Valentin stuff? 

It's not . . . the worst thing ever but it strikes me as kinda cheesy, and I don't have a high threshhold, so I kinda cringe a lot of the time. But for once with the show a lot of that is just because of me than sheer bad writing.

I like the actor, I just wish Nik was around for it. And mixing him up with Claud and Nina? Solid no.

• Love 4

Valentin, unlike Helena, did remember that Alexis has daughters besides Sam he could target so snaps for that.

But yeah, I groaned when I saw in the previews that he made a beeline to Nina.  WHO CARES!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's not . . . the worst thing ever but it strikes me as kinda cheesy, and I don't have a high threshhold, so I kinda cringe a lot of the time. But for once with the show a lot of that is just because of me than sheer bad writing.

I like the actor, I just wish Nik was around for it. And mixing him up with Claud and Nina? Solid no.

I agree. I do enjoy the actor, but it is a bit silly and includes a lot of the wrong players. Nina, Claud, Jason, Sam, Ava, should have nothing to do with this. 

• Love 4

I got about three weeks behind and ended up marking everything read, so forgive me if this has been discussed already, but ... Charlotte is going to turn out to be Valentin's kid, right? Seriously, no one would kidnap Claudette because they want Claudette. He's in it for the kid.

(I'm also sticking to my theory that Nelle is actually BJ. Why would they trot out Bobbi, have her talk about BJ every time she appears, and make her super suspicious of Nelle? I know it makes no sense in terms of why Jax was being all shifty about Nelle, but I have long since stopped expecting things to make sense.)

Liz being flirty with Franco after an hour of him giving her the super freaky stare of death because she dared to talk to the father of one of her kids and her friend from the hospital was repulsive. Becky deserves a special Emmy for not throwing up during that scene.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

It looks like old cheapo FV is going to replace twenty year vet Nicholas Cassadine and Spencer with Valentine and Charlotte at Windermere and Nina is along for the ride.

Run, Elizabeth Imogene Webber, as fast as you can from that freakkkkkkkkkkk!  Ugh.  Franco was trying to guilt Elizabeth into having sex.  WTF?!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I CANNOT with the show pretending that Liz's non-Jake children don't exist.  There wasn't even a BS excuse as to where they were today. 

Sure there was. She told Franco that they went trick or treating and then the other boys were invited to a party but Jake didn't want to call it a night so they came to the MC. It was stupid but they did have an excuse.

• Love 1

Here's an idea, STOP writing in real life pregnancies if you're not going to show the children on screen.  Cam, Aiden, Georgie, Rocco, Leo, Josslyn, Jake, Emma, Danny, Spencer and Charlotte should have all been seen dressed up with their respective parents at a Halloween party or at least in and out of scenes.  Or, hell, why not simply kill off Cam, because the show clearly has no interest in him having any friends / peers his own age, which is 12 since he was born in 2004.  Josslyn was born in 2009 and is older than Jake who was born in 2007!  We already have Lulu and Nina baby rabies and Sam is pregnant. 

Damn.  We could end up with fourteen children under the age of 13 on this show!  I see a bus accident in the works for at least SEVEN children in the next few months!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Sure there was. She told Franco that they went trick or treating and then the other boys were invited to a party but Jake didn't want to call it a night so they came to the MC. It was stupid but they did have an excuse.

I went back and looked, you're totally right.  I must have missed it because Cameron and Aiden (who?) weren't mentioned by name and/or Roger Howarth's STUFF! was giving me seizures.

Gawd, and Franco has a line in this sequence where he snarks at Jason that Monica should be thanking him for saving General Hospital. YOU TATTLED ON YOUR MOM, YOU'RE NOT A HERO, SHUUUUT UP!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Jason was super sweet to Liz about Nik. He's really too kind sometimes. (And the show sucks and refuses to acknowledge inconvenient past stories).

BH looked so pretty in this episode. Her hair was perfect.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Jason was super sweet to Liz about Nik. He's really too kind sometimes. (And the show sucks and refuses to acknowledge inconvenient past stories).

Why not when Jason has done a whole lot of shitty things since his brain injury and the show refuses to commit to him having ALL of his memoires.   Elizabeth lied.  Nik lied and tried to kill HateChel is small stuff compared to Jason's past twenty years of killings, deceptions and lies.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Gawd, and Franco has a line in this sequence where he snarks at Jason that Monica should be thanking him for saving General Hospital. YOU TATTLED ON YOUR MOM, YOU'RE NOT A HERO, SHUUUUT UP!

Didn't he tattle on her after using her money to pay for Liz's home health care? 

• Love 4

LOL at Sonny hugging that poor kid. That was actually a decent fake out, for a change.

Charlotte's temper tantrum was very authentic, especially the screaming.

Nina, being nice to a child doesn't mean you'll be a good mother. It just means you can be nice to a child. I'm so tired of this show's obsession with women and babies.

"Your face looks like you're about to throw a tantrum worse than I just saw." Hee. I wouldn't put it past Franco, tbh. Sonny has thrown his fair share.

34 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

sonny to Jason: I'm not a coward.

"I didn't seriously consider suicide, not me."

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Charlotte's temper tantrum was very authentic, especially the screaming.

Charlotte's tantrum gave me a flashback to the first time I took my 3 year old niece shopping and I would not buy her a toy.  That angelic child turned into a demon in 5 seconds.  Her face turned red to blue, ear drums were bursting and worse everyone in the store was staring at us.  I was so humiliated, embarrassed and terrified of the child.  I really felt for the poor priest, doctor, and new daddy.  He did not know if she needed a hug from her daddy, a chill pill from the doctor or an exorcism from the priest.  

• Love 4

Franco is DISGUSTING. Like I physically recoil when he is onscreen. His jealous and bitter pettiness over Jason and Griffin today was equal parts pathetic and nauseating. But it was when Liz started suggesting what would eventually happen between them after being appropriately disturbed that I literally started screaming, "GROSS! GROSS! GROSS!" at my television.

I will give credit where credit is due. I really liked Liz with Charlotte. Probably because Becky's a mom, so she really plays those scenes well. I didn't see much chemistry between Liz and Griffin, but I can certainly understand why her fans would want her with him when the other choice is a SERIAL KILLER. Charlotte's tantrum made me laugh. That screaming was hysterical.

Killon is still sweet, but the costumes were lame and unattractive and it's only been a few days since Morgan died and now she's all of a sudden so much better? After Carly reamed her ass out? (Which was so long overdue.) It's Avery's god damn birthday today, and both Ava and Kiki should have been with her. Valentin was right though, Ava's hair is fantastic.

"What's your name, boy?" When did Sonny suddenly turn into the redneck asshole sheriff from Fire With Fire? I have little to no reaction to Zombie Not Dead Morgan.

I've figured out the only way I can tolerate Nina. When she's with Dillon in friendship mode. That's when I see her as an actual human being. All the rest is an overabundance of too much.

I kind of liked the Valentin scenes, he had a couple of good lines. Something about a credenza.

ETA: Oh, and fuck you, Show, for continuing to trash Lucky by not only calling him an absentee father but ignoring that he raised both of those kids you continue to ignore.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Or, hell, why not simply kill off Cam, because the show clearly has no interest in him having any friends / peers his own age, which is 12 since he was born in 2004.  Josslyn was born in 2009 and is older than Jake who was born in 2007!  We already have Lulu and Nina baby rabies and Sam is pregnant. 

Damn.  We could end up with fourteen children under the age of 13 on this show!  I see a bus accident in the works for at least SEVEN children in the next few months!

SORASed Cam would be awesome! I am taking my response to the wishlist.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

*sob* RIP, you atomically hot jackass.

Oh how I miss Logan! And Cooper!

6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I was thinking the same thing today. Get rid of Claudette (unnecessary, pointless character) and have Liz an Griffin bond,  be friends, grow closer. I liked most of their conversation (Aiden is not Lucky's only child, grrr) and it's not creepy and forced like Liz is with Franco. 

I just want Liz away from the stalker wacko. I would've loved to see Liz with Dr. NotCarlos Rivera and baby Teddy.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

With the way they write Franco, chemistry would make it worse, IMO.

Where is Steven Lars when you need him?

Why the hell isn't he out of jail and putting a stop to his siblings being in a toxic relationship? 

5 hours ago, lizzbert said:

Oh my god, is Franco trying to bug/guilt Liz into sleeping with him? Why is this the story?!?

I just can't. I get the whole crazy dating bad timing putting a damper on moving any relationship to a new level. But Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, they are supposed to be adults. And Liz has had a habit on taking things slowly after everything with Lucky/Nik/etc. They have had several meal/cocktail dates, why wouldn't he broach the subject when they were alone?

5 hours ago, lizzbert said:

The thing is, I've always thought Roger Howarth was hot--and he's a phenomenal actor. Franco is an extremely problematic character, but with time and better writing, I think GH could have had a good stab at redeeming him. And Becky Herbst can make pretty much anything work! But the way they have Franco continue to act like a pathetic, creepy, whiny, stalker piece of shit, the writers have squandered every chance they had!

I get that the show seems to want to give RoHo and BH a plot. But what the fuck is with this obsession with terrible boyfriend actions? Franco is now just an older, sadder version of Morgan. Franco has enough crap bagage. Why can't the show just fix it? Drop serial killer Franco. Make him a victim of the real Franco. Brainwashed,  microchip controlled, what the fuck ever. Leave him as the lost child of Scott and Heather. Just lose the psycho behavior. 

6 minutes ago, stlbf said:

I get that the show seems to want to give RoHo and BH a plot. But what the fuck is with this obsession with terrible boyfriend actions? Franco is now just an older, sadder version of Morgan. Franco has enough crap bagage. Why can't the show just fix it? Drop serial killer Franco. Make him a victim of the real Franco. Brainwashed,  microchip controlled, what the fuck ever. Leave him as the lost child of Scott and Heather. Just lose the psycho behavior. 

Oh, he's always been this way with RoHo. 

It occurs to me, even if they were inclined to recast Lucky, they definitely won't now. Even if 'ole Yeller Lucky showed up it would probably crush Friz support a whole bunch.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

She really did (though I couldn't figure out if she was supposed to be wearing a costume or just in totally un-Liz-like clothes.  But, whatever, hair and makeup were on point.

The Liz/Franco scenes on the other hand...

Oh, look, Sam has her first pregnancy-related "emergency" tomorrow.  Can't wait.  Bravo, show, for this shit storyline.

• Love 4

I can't blame RoHo.  This shit is writing, plain and simple. 

3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, look, Sam has her first pregnancy-related "emergency" tomorrow.  Can't wait.  Bravo, show, for this shit storyline.

Yup. A pregnancy danger moment! What a shocker! This show never plays those for ....

Bwahaha!

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Oh how I miss Logan! 

I know Johnny's long gone, but Logan's the reason I took so long to get into him.  I completely resented how they threw him under the bus so completely just to prop up Lulu being paired with him.

15 minutes ago, Michel said:

I know Johnny's long gone, but Logan's the reason I took so long to get into him.  I completely resented how they threw him under the bus so completely just to prop up Lulu being paired with him.

I believe the actor was a bit of a troublemaker (Logan). Still, if that was the case, foolish to completely kill off the character.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, stlbf said:

. But Jesus Tap Dancing Christ,

This legit. made me burst out laughing! What a mental image for Halloween!!!

Franco's behavior makes Nik's controlling, obsessive-ish behavior (which upset Liz-she hated it!!) look like amateur hour. I hope that if he goes after Jason (due to jealousy), Valentin accidentally kills Franco instead while aiming for Sam (because she's a Cassadine/daughter of Alexis/insert whatever dumb reason).  Then the TPTB who are so determined to make Franco a thing have a momentary true purpose for him. End of story. Time for everyone to move on now... 

• Love 4

Valentin bores me. Am I supposed to feel sorry for him that he was abandoned by the Cassadines? He should count his fucking blessings.  As I've said before, start killing people I don't like or get the fuck out. 

Why did Ava show up to the party instead of spending time with the baby she's always screaming about on her birthday? She could've at least made herself useful and provoked Valentin into trying to attack her so Dante could shoot him. 

The Dillon/Nina scenes weren't bad. I guess some of her crazy compensates for his overwhelming blandness. I wish he would STFU moping over Kiki, though.

I wish people would stop mentioning Claud's name.

Charlotte can go.

I can't even enjoy the schadenfreude of someone I hate being stuck with Freako because he's just so fucking revolting. I can't believe Jelly are stupid enough to think Freako works as a romantic lead or that it's acceptable to write this 50 year old rapist serial killer as a whiny, obsessive, creepy, predatory, annoying, infantile piece of shit who makes sarcastic comments to his victims, hides in the back seat of cars at night, and tries to pressure his girlfriend into having sex. I seriously don't understand what's wrong with these people. Maybe they're listening to the RoHo stans/desperate Herbst fans on twitter who are eating this crap up. 

• Love 9

Charlotte's tantrum made me laugh.  Brought back a memory of my son melting down Gold Circle (remember those?).  I told him "OK Mommy's got more shopping to do so I'll be back when you're done".  All I did was walk around the corner, peeked around and watched him.  After about a minute he realized  he wasn't getting the reaction/attention he wanted.  He looked around, got up off the floor and stopped fussing.  I immediately went to him and said "ok...let's go finish what we came for".  He never did it again.

I'm also a RoHo fan from OLTL and I cannot. stand. him. as Franco.  TIIC just don't get it ain't working.  Put Liz with Griffin.  That would be hot.

• Love 4

Maybe they're listening to the RoHo stans/desperate Herbst fans on twitter who are eating this crap up. 

I can only speak as a Liz fan but I am not eating this up. 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I love BH (she's way underrated imo) and I do like RoHo, but I don't get this weird Franco/Liz thing.  I'd rather see Griffin/Liz because they'd be super beautiful together, Finn/Liz because BH has chemistry with literally anyone and would probably make the scenes interesting, or Liz/Curtis because both actors are beautiful and charismatic.   Also, Franco needs to be groomed and DeFrancoed. 

• Love 8

Sonny has finally become the whiniest whiner who ever whined.  

Franco needs to meet the front fender of a semi truck that's traveling 75 miles an hour.  What a useless, greasy character.  Actually, Nina and Franco can skip down the interstate together, holding hands and both meet the same fender.   I hate that they are wasting JPS's time on the show by sticking him in scenes with Nina, Ava's bad enough.

I like Griffin.  The actor so far that I've seen has worked very well with everyone he's shared scenes with. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I can't even enjoy the schadenfreude of someone I hate being stuck with Freako because he's just so fucking revolting. I can't believe Jelly are stupid enough to think Freako works as a romantic lead or that it's acceptable to write this 50 year old rapist serial killer as a whiny, obsessive, creepy, predatory, annoying, infantile piece of shit who makes sarcastic comments to his victims, hides in the back seat of cars at night, and tries to pressure his girlfriend into having sex. I seriously don't understand what's wrong with these people. Maybe they're listening to the RoHo stans/desperate Herbst fans on twitter who are eating this crap up. 

They have very strange ideas about what is romantic and what is acceptable in today's modern world in terms of relationships. They pretty much set writing back at least 30 years if not more.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I've figured out the only way I can tolerate Nina. When she's with Dillon in friendship mode. That's when I see her as an actual human being. All the rest is an overabundance of too much.

I actually kind of love the Dillon/Nina friendship. They really work well together and it's just sweet. 

1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

There are definitely Liz fans who are though. And honestly I can normally get any ship simply because I've shipped a lot of problematic stuff myself, but I'm sorry I don't get how anyone, especially a Liz fan, can be into this. I get wanting your fave to have a story/romance, but at what cost?!

I can't blame RoHo.

I can. He is horrible.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 17
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I actually kind of love the Dillon/Nina friendship. They really work well together and it's just sweet. 

Same here. He keeps her crazy in check (sort of), she's nicely supportive.

30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't get how anyone, especially a Liz fan, can be into this. I get wanting your fave to have a story/romance, but at what cost?!

I know. Yes, I'm glad to see BH onscreen and not just shuffling patient charts, but this Franco thing is so, so gross. Why are they having her indulge his infantile behavior? He's literally stalked her. I am at a loss as to why and how I'm supposed to find this anything other than supremely creepy and sick.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

I think that's why LP put the disclaimer "desperate". Not that if one likes Franco/Liz it means they are desperate necessarily.

That said, either way, listen to Liz fans? ahahaha. They're doing this because FV will never stop trying to make Franco happen.

• Love 6

I have whiplash from Valentin being teh, teh evul and a killer to now, where he is practically a chatty neighbor and host at the PC block party. What is it with this show, where the most egregious acts, especially murder and rape, can be committed yet the perpetrators can laugh, shrug, and get away with it--even being reinserted into the GH canvas as potential partners, friends, and love interests to longtime GHers? Valentin sneered at everyone and mocked their disbelief, even when some of the characters pointed out that they were witnesses with their own eyes and ears to his recent crimes. Additionally, serial killer Franco has been matching himself with several of the main ladies on the show, and now he's guilting Liz in public that their relationship hasn't escalated to sex yet. Instead of answering him, Liz should just buy one of Crimson's most ridiculous sex toys and gift it to Franco, suggesting what he can do to himself.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. Yes, I'm glad to see BH onscreen and not just shuffling patient charts, but this Franco thing is so, so gross. Why are they having her indulge his infantile behavior? He's literally stalked her. I am at a loss as to why and how I'm supposed to find this anything other than supremely creepy and sick.

Yeah, I just don't see the there there.  He comes off as super creepy and possessive of her already.  The whole "when are we going to have sex?" convo was gross.  And, thing is, there are other men on the canvas who could be explored.  What about Griffin?  Oh, right, he has to be tied to this insipid Claudette storyline.  I swear, this show...

• Love 3

1000x  P3pp3rb1rdFranco guilting Liz is horrible.  What claim does he have to her affections outside of his own twisted, demented mind.  None fucking none....

<rant over....for now>

*small voice*   I like the actor playing Valentin.  And I liked the scenes at Wyndemere.  Nice to see so many major players in the same location.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

I like the actor playing Valentin

I'll sit beside you, because I have always been a JPS fan.  I also liked seeing Alexis, Laura and Kevin in scenes together.  I could have done without Ava's grand entrance.

• Love 8