Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't agree he's bad at romance. It's the stories. And yes, Michael is an ingenue which is why you need to pair him with someone different and why I have waxed rhapsodic many times about my genius idea to pair him with older aging party girl Maxie.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I don't agree he's bad at romance. It's the stories. And yes, Michael is an ingenue which is why you need to pair him with someone different and why I have waxed rhapsodic many times about my genius idea to pair him with older aging party girl Maxie.

It's the stories and it's that I don't think Chad has had real romantic chemistry with another actress. But that's obviously a personal opinion.

20 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's the stories and it's that I don't think Chad has had real romantic chemistry with another actress. But that's obviously a personal opinion.

I think it's a little bit of both. Abby? Starr? Starr 2.0? Brutal pickings. 

• Love 5

Is Nina going to end up with the embryo?  The doctors said she can't get pregnant, but can she carry a pregnancy.  Age shouldn't be a factor.  Several mother's have carried their daughter's child, with the help of hormones. 

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

She is such a pro.

LOL at Lulu being stunned that Daphne didn't actually live on Cassadine Island. No way someone would try to fool her! FFS. 

Poor Dante and Kevin. Lulu's baby rabies is no match for facts and logic.

Another LOL at Sonny wondering what Ava was talking to Paul about. There's a kegger later, Sonny, and you're not invited! 

Oh, lord, the budget is so strained the show can't afford to show a jury. There aren't even day player spectators in the gallery.

How weird must it be for an actor to lie there and pretend to be dead or unconscious and have other actors monologue over you? I wonder if LC or TeCa fell asleep.

I read an interview years ago with a soap actress, and I remember her talking about how hard it is to play dead or in a coma.  Your eyelashes get fluttery, etc.  And when you're dead, you've gotta hold your breath.  Sounds like a nightmare.  Maybe you don't fall asleep, but you may pass out.

I surprised myself today. I wasn't expecting to be sad at the thought of Sabrina dying. A couple of years ago, I would have been the first cheering her off my screen, but she's grown on me and, god help me, I like her and Michael together. So the question now is, who will get Teddy?

Please let Michael or Tracy be the one to catch Paul. And not Sonny. 

Me too!  And I have no idea where it came from!  I hated the Pygmalion transformation into a Disney Princess and her whole romance with Patrick, hated the stupid Not Alone song, hated the Sabrina propping at the expense of Robin ... and so on.  Maybe it was the writing I actually detested and not TeCa.  I'm not sure, but starting yesterday with the scene of her about to be murdered, which I thought she played well, I realized I didn't want her killed off.  Perhaps it's losing a female in that age range; they're in short supply.  Unless Nell is going to be our new younger female focus, along with Lauren.  Huh.  I'm so conflicted!

Anyway, I wish her well. 

Julian's trial?  A wrong address? Really? Oh, the stupid of it all.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't think of any of Lucy's wacky schemes that even touched the hem of...this.  I would even take her ranting about vampires than one more second of Lulu's baby rabies.

Well, on PC, Lucy fiddled with Eve's car. Causing Eve to have an accident with Serena in the car. And Serena was blinded for some time. Kevin could've killed her for that. Eve dropped that bombshell at Kevin and Lucy's wedding. Which ended poorly for Lucy. 

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think it's a little bit of both. Abby? Starr? Starr 2.0? Brutal pickings. 

True. It's not entirely his fault at all. I wish they would specifically find an actress FOR him and go through a testing process.

• Love 2

Random thought - I might forgive this whole storyline where Dante tells Lulu about how sometimes he's afraid of ending like Sonny and wonders which actions will end up on a long slippery-slope to Sonny-dom and if it's like that for him, it'll probably be like that for this kid, but 100x worse.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

My UO, I thought CD and the actor that played Falix did pretty well today. Tracy's "Oh no" was also heartbreaking. Felt nothing with Jason and Monica- seems like Billy is sleepwalking in his scenes. At least Steve Burton would have shed a tear or two. 

Lulu is seriously nuts. And Ava and Julian need to go away- how do all these despicable idiots keep getting away with murder? Even Sonny...just disgusting. At least have the guts to have people pay for their actions instead of hand waving or retconning. We all know that this trial is going to be all about Alexis wide eyed and terrified of Julian every day, Jordan being pissed, Sonny stammering and threatening everyone, Ava smirking, and Julian flexing his biceps when he's found innocent. What is the damn point?

• Love 3

Ava is so annoying and worthless. Fuck Paul for not killing her. And I wish MW would stop playing Ava is if she wants to fuck Julian.

Ugh I can't with Alexis acting like this over fucking Julian. The Jeromes ruin everything. 

The Michael and Felix scenes were...something. I don't even...do better, show.

Freako wasn't on today!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

He has chemistry with Kristina

Lol, that reminds me of when Drew Garrett was Michael, and some people thought that he had inappropriate chemistry with LA. I've never personally seen the same with CD/LA though.

58 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Seriously! Nik is garbage now! Stefan lost his shit and Alexis is hearing voices - things are NOT going well and those were the "normal, non-insane" Cassadines

I guess it's official now - Molly's the most well-rounded/sane Cassadine, lol.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

But I will refocus the conversation on the issue that has been key to the Lante relatonship for a long time  - and the issue that was the basis of setting the cheating story on its way last year - and the issue they (Lulu including) claimed to have resolved - COMMUNICATION!  Today showed that no real progress was made. 

I believe that the show wants us to see that Lulu has a deep psychological problem; she is neurotic about getting and being pregnant. Neglecting to cherish her own healthy child (Rocco) enough, she is overreaching by coveting a pregnancy with the embryo created with Stavros. It's part of HER BODY, and she thinks she has a right to be pregnant with it, even if her husband is uneasy with the whole plan. He is communicating that she is risking their relationship that has recently been repaired. Ironically, Lulu accepted the major portion of responsibility for that breakup (and some fans think that she over-accepted responsibility). But she is still careening off the grid again, working up an irrational passion without thinking it through. She is even willing to abandon Rocco's welfare while she chases her impossible dream. (Consequently, losing Rocco could be part of Helena's sadistic trap.) Lulu's own Spencer DNA may be setting her up for tragedy; Luke in particular tended to be restless and reckless with risk-taking.

The Lantes deserve a normal existence, but it looks like Lulu is hooked by Helena's bait. If he can't use reason with Lulu, Dante should abandon their marriage and fight for custody of Rocco so the child can have a normal life.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Once upon a time, Lulu torpedoed their chances for adoption by lying on the application. (I think that's what did it.) I don't know if there's a statute of limitations on something like this

They could always try a different adoption agency.

1 hour ago, twoods said:

Felt nothing with Jason and Monica- seems like Billy is sleepwalking in his scenes. At least Steve Burton would have shed a tear or two. 

It really felt flat. And it was part Billy, for sure. But I still think it's also because Jason has had that speech SO many times for like, 20 years. I was going through social media and people were like "Jelly's version of Jason is apologetic...Jelly's version of Jason finally gets it!" Like, what!? Jelly didn't DO this. I don't know if these are mostly younger or newer viewers, but that speech is not brand new. Blah.

• Love 2

If only we has any trust in these hack this show considers writers! I would say that this would be an interestingidea to have Laura, Lulu and even Leslie talk about their mental health issues. Screw Sonny and his bipolar issues. Lulu really should be seeing some sort of therapist. Outside of the marriage therapy they did for awhile. She has serious family issues. Her mother was institutionalized for most of her childhood. Her maternal grandmother also had mental issues. Luke and his family weren't exactly pictures of hood, stable mental health either. Hell, for years her father could barely be around her due to his admitted hatred of her being "tainted" by her half brother's life saving bone marrow. 

But Lulu trying to keep her sanity just wouldn't be exciting, interesting or enthralling viewing now would it?

And someone (Maxie? ) needs to slap the shit out of Lulu and remind her that she already has a freaking child! Maxie supposedly wants that same privilege. Her child is across the continent, being raised by Spinelli and Ellie.

Fostering would be nice. If fucking SkipperBitch could get her paws on a foster kid, then so could Det. Dante and wife.

• Love 2

I'm still wondering how he is getting his supply of that particular drug he has been killing peons and mostly trying to off contract players. Is he dropping by always lesser Mercy hospital and stealing from them? So why not pick up a nice hallucinogen on a refill visit? Of course, why wouldn't he also go after Ava. Or at least threaten Lauren or Avery? 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Yes, there should be nice girls. And those nice girls should be portrayed by actresses whose performances are more interesting than watching paint dry. They should also be at least a little three dimensional

The writers are not interested in writing good girls though, and I think it just makes it all that much challenging for an average actress to rise above the crappy writing.

I think the last fundamentally good girl on the show, played by a capable enough actress was Georgie. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, stlbf said:

If only we has any trust in these hack this show considers writers! I would say that this would be an interestingidea to have Laura, Lulu and even Leslie talk about their mental health issues. Screw Sonny and his bipolar issues. Lulu really should be seeing some sort of therapist. Outside of the marriage therapy they did for awhile. She has serious family issues. Her mother was institutionalized for most of her childhood. Her maternal grandmother also had mental issues. Luke and his family weren't exactly pictures of hood, stable mental health either. Hell, for years her father could barely be around her due to his admitted hatred of her being "tainted" by her half brother's life saving bone marrow. 

But Lulu trying to keep her sanity just wouldn't be exciting, interesting or enthralling viewing now would it?

And someone (Maxie? ) needs to slap the shit out of Lulu and remind her that she already has a freaking child! Maxie supposedly wants that same privilege. Her child is across the continent, being raised by Spinelli and Ellie.

Fostering would be nice. If fucking SkipperBitch could get her paws on a foster kid, then so could Det. Dante and wife.

This is too much work. Dante and Lulu should just leave town.

Maxie is in no position to slap anyone. Her dumb stupid ass needs to be slapped herself for getting attitude with Griffin for no reason and being engaged to Tree. Then she needs to be slapped again because I blame her for Claud being here. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, jsbt said:

I agree completely except about the ingenue part.  Michael is the total opposite of that, considering what he has been through and survived and how he has been able to be the most normal member of his family.  As for romance, CD is fine when he's paired with the right actress or given a decent storyline.  He's very comfortable in those stories.  I actually loved his story with Abby, and they had great chemistry, but they ended that in order to make room for KA - MIchael's worst pairing ever.  The writers always write Michael so perfect and understanding.  That's the problem.  When they give him that darker edge on occasion, CD brings it.  I thought CD did a great job in his scenes regarding Sabrina's death.  I didn't find his performance underwhelming because Michael does not do the sobbing and wailing.  He reacts emotionally at first, and then he just shuts down his emotions.  It's why I've always said Michael is more like Jason Morgan than BM can ever hope to be.  I liked that CD played Michael first frantic at trying to have the medical guys revive Sabrina, but once he realizes that it's too late, Michael just shuts down emotionally.  He become calm and focused and is able to answer Dante's questions very methodically, which I think even surprised Dante.  THAT'S Michael.  That's how he reacts.  Michael is a quiet crier.  He doesn't do histrionics.  He does quiet rage, which I love about him but that the writers never seem to utilize.  Count me in that I want him to be the one to expose Paul and NOT Sonny.  Please.

Michael would definitely work with a Maxie type - someone very different from him in personality.  Kevin and Lucy worked out for that exact same reason.  I think Michael should now be very closed off to the idea of love.  He's been burned too many times.  He's lost both of his loves to violent death and been betrayed by the rest of the woman he dated, not to mention family members.  As a result, he should be MUCH more aloof and standoffish in terms of getting close to people or trusting.  I just wish the writers would get a clue.  I can only hope now that the canvas is opening a bit on GH that CD might get some meatier storylines.  The writers need to start passing the baton from the older GH actors to the younger generation.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I was gonna try to watch, but all the Jason mentions just make me sick. Can't do it, not even for Jane. Don't think Tracy will die now, but if Jane is leaving, I could see her killing Paul and possibly going to jail for it. 

I will laugh for days if Tracy kills Paul and then goes to jail for it while Sonny and Julian are roaming around free. Honestly!

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Chad is particularly comfortable in love stories, and it shows.

I think this is it, too. I get so much second-hand embarrassment sometimes.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

So do we think Paul roofied Alexis' drink, or did he pull a Heather Webber and go with LSD?

I, for sure, think he did something to her drink that will make her look drunk/addled on the stand.  No doubt, that "wrong address" on the warrant is his work, too.

Dante should ask Lulu, "I'm totes okay with you having yours and Stavros' baby, if you agree our third kid can be from my sperm and some other woman's donor egg.  Deal?"

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, amaranta said:

Julian's trial?  A wrong address? Really? Oh, the stupid of it all.

I liked that, actually. It seemed like a real-life reason instead of a dumb soap reason. (There was an episode of the great, late, lamented Homicide: Life on the Street that had this exact situation. An arrest or search warrant had the wrong apartment number on it, and some of the detectives got shot when they tried to enter the wrong apartment.)

8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

They could always try a different adoption agency.

At the time it happened, they were on some master blacklist. But that was then.

1 hour ago, Bishop said:

He's lost both of his loves to violent death

Abby's death was accidental, but your larger point remains.

5 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Dante should ask Lulu, "I'm totes okay with you having yours and Stavros' baby, if you agree our third kid can be from my sperm and some other woman's donor egg.  Deal?"

Lulu: "But that's entirely different!"

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

I don't know why they don't bring it up again.* Dante did bring up the idea once, but it was right after Lulu found out her eggs were gone. Not the best moment to bring it up.

*Just kidding, cause it's all contrived as hell.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

I don't know why they don't bring it up again.* Dante did bring up the idea once, but it was right after Lulu found out her eggs were gone. Not the best moment to bring it up.

*Just kidding, cause it's all contrived as hell.

8 hours ago, stlbf said:

Now I'm cracking up, picturing Dante and Lulu adopting a teen 6 feet tall.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nah, CD is very comfortable in love scenes.  Just go watch any of the Michael/Abby scenes.  Keep in mind that CD has only been paired with about three actresses, which is insane frankly, and he seems to let the actress take the lead, imo, which is polite.  Andrea didn't hold back and their scenes were great.  I think TeCa (and even Becky, Kelly, etc) hold back in their scenes, and that's fine.  I didn't think CD and TeCa had tremendous chemistry, and before that, Michael was stuck with Kiki or Starr for about two years.  He needs a new love story, but I did love CD and Andrea.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Abby's death was accidental, but your larger point remains.

Yeah, I believe she was crushed by a crane, one of those ridiculous "deaths" to kill off a character to make room for another character that was horrible.  CD did a good job in that goodbye scene with Abby.  That's two goodbyes Michael's done now to the dead bodies of the women he loved.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Now I'm cracking up, picturing Dante and Lulu adopting a teen 6 feet tall.

I feel bad for DZ for having to regurgitate the SAME stuff over and over for his character - babies, babies, adoption, babies, embryos.  Until yesterday, Dante hasn't even been involved in solving the hospital murders.  It annoyed me when the other day, it was Jordan, Nathan, and Andre trying to figure out the clues to the killer.  All I could think was "Why isn't Dante, the vet, in that room figuring this out?"  Instead, he's stuck in his umpteenth scene discussing how Lulu can have her own baby.  Frankly, it makes Lulu look ridiculous that being pregnant is the most important thing in the world to her, even if it means foraging for a possible "disposed" embryo by a psychopath.  It's SO stupid.

Edited by Bishop

Invalidating the court order by using the incorrect address for the wiretap where Julian threatened Alexis must have been part of Paul's plan from the get-go to placate Ava. But it doesn't seem sufficient to get their whole conversation thrown out.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I liked that, actually. It seemed like a real-life reason instead of a dumb soap reason. (There was an episode of the great, late, lamented Homicide: Life on the Street that had this exact situation. An arrest or search warrant had the wrong apartment number on it, and some of the detectives got shot when they tried to enter the wrong apartment.)

One of the most awesome shows ever, and those were great eps.  Munch, did you do it?

Has it occurred to Lulu or Dante yet that perhaps Helena made sure that embryo has already been born?  I mean, it was her precious Stavros' child!  Was she really going to just leave it chillin' in a thermos?

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I literally couldn't even watch Michael/Sabrina bc of this, lol. The choices they both made as actors in some scenes was like...no. No thanks.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Has it occurred to Lulu or Dante yet that perhaps Helena made sure that embryo has already been born?  I mean, it was her precious Stavros' child!  Was she really going to just leave it chillin' in a thermos?

No, because the conversation will be dead and Lulu will not want it the second she finds out she won't get to walk around with a pregnant belly. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

One of the most awesome shows ever, and those were great eps.  Munch, did you do it?

I would say, because of the this, the child already must be born, but . . . please look to our ultimate t-shirt slogan for why this might not be the case.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why can't they just go to an animal shelter and get a puppy?

That would require them to take care of something. They can't be bothered to care for their toddler son. And this would make Rocco and Leo happy. Maybe not the poor nanny/newLeticia2.0 who is caring for them. As they would get stuck dealing with a dog.

As for the embryo. I'm now seriously hoping that Helena just decided to create her own perfect grandchild. Which means that she decides to bypass Lulu's genes completely and went with some smart, sane woman's eggs. And this stupid embryo chase is just to torment a dumb Lulu. For funsies.

• Love 5

It's ironic, in a sad way, how the show continually disrespects the Quartermaines, but when they need some genuine emotion, that's the family they turn to.  Gawd, I love Jane Elliott.

What the hell was the point of those Nelle/Nina scenes?  Why is Chloe Lanier being wasted on blah?

Adios, Sabrina.  I hope your death inspires fuckin' Felix to move back to North Carolina.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Was Nina's "You're such a good mom" and Carly's "thank you" supposed to be funny, because of these two characters? I laughed at the insanity of it. This is the woman who kidnapped your precious Avery from Ava's womb, Carly.

How many others were rolling their eyes that Sabrina saved Monica's life by performing CPR? How will Jason and Michael honor her memory forevermore?  /sarcasm. 

Interesting that Michael assumes he will be the one to teach Teddy about Sabrina, tell him how much his mom loved him, etc. Uhhh .... NO.

Monica's cologne/after shave clue, and saying she's smelled it before in the Q mansion, has me thinking maybe Tracy will catch on to Paul.

Carly somehow missed that Michael looks like he's been crying - yup, such a good mother. I did like the preview of Michael telling Carly to get the hell away from him. Ha. 

Jordan's indignation about making the Jerome case continues (for me) to be eye-roll worthy because she had a sexual relationship with Shawn, and is sorta friendly with Sonny during this case. Blech.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I did like the preview of Michael telling Carly to get the hell away from him. Ha. 

If Michael Quartermaine gets to surface and say something like, "Are you covering for Sabrina's murderer?  Because that's what you were up to the last time someone I loved was killed," I would hug my TV.

• Love 11