Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

OMFG Freako is in yet another episode. This should be illegal.

For example, Howarth’s Franco gives Elizabeth a toaster, a small kitchen appliance typically devoid of sex appeal, as a housewarming gift. After an introspective conversation with her, Franco asks Elizabeth, “Promise me that whenever you make toast that you’ll think kindly of me.” And now you are saying to yourself, “Oh please, that sounds ridiculous.” Coming from any other actor, it would be. When spoken by Howarth, however, the line’s threefold meaning becomes clear.

“When you make toast, please think kindly of me for I am but a lonely reformed serial killer trying to make my way in an unforgiving world.”

“Let’s make toast together forever! I want to marry you and help you raise your three children, even the two boring ones.”

“Before we make toast, I want to tear off all of your clothes and take you right here on this attractive, yet moderately priced countertop.”

And, Rebecca Herbst’s response? Saucy Elizabeth gently rests her hand on his arm, leans in and says, “Even if it burns.” Jesus. Somethin’s on fire and it ain’t toast.

Maybe if you were more nuanced, you would see the meaning behind all his lines and 15 days on in a row!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

For example, Howarth’s Franco gives Elizabeth a toaster, a small kitchen appliance typically devoid of sex appeal, as a housewarming gift. After an introspective conversation with her, Franco asks Elizabeth, “Promise me that whenever you make toast that you’ll think kindly of me.” And now you are saying to yourself, “Oh please, that sounds ridiculous.” Coming from any other actor, it would be. When spoken by Howarth, however, the line’s threefold meaning becomes clear.

“When you make toast, please think kindly of me for I am but a lonely reformed serial killer trying to make my way in an unforgiving world.”

“Let’s make toast together forever! I want to marry you and help you raise your three children, even the two boring ones.”

“Before we make toast, I want to tear off all of your clothes and take you right here on this attractive, yet moderately priced countertop.”

And, Rebecca Herbst’s response? Saucy Elizabeth gently rests her hand on his arm, leans in and says, “Even if it burns.” Jesus. Somethin’s on fire and it ain’t toast.

Maybe if you were more nuanced, you would see the meaning behind all his lines and 15 days on in a row!

opJa9To.gif

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Carly, Sonny, Spinelli know Sam is pregnant, but not her sisters? Why? And the Julian excuse doesn't fly, because they'll never say anything near him.

You know Sonny totally told his adoptive son TJ who in turn told Molly who in turn informed Kristina off-screen of course.  Can't waste valuable screen time on the girl children

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lulu and Nina are the ones who shouldn't hear about Sam being pregnant. They're both so baby-crazy there's no telling what they might do.

Now I'm imagining them having a literal tug of war over it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think it's supposed to show how generous and kind Sam is 

That's exactly why they do it. Sam was never intended to represent the "good" on this show. It's a waste of KeMo. And I'll say that a million times. Let her bitch, let her rage, let her call people out. I wonder if they'll ever let Sam and Jason argue or disagree about anything at this point.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 9

I'm sure Michael will be criticized as controlling for not wanting Sabrina to work at the hospital.  But God, at least someone is acknowledging the danger.  Jason let Jake go off on his own at the hospital, twice!  Maybe they're going to kill off Jake again.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised.  Killing off Elizabeth's son while she's unconscious and unable to react.  It will be all about Franco and Jason's devastation.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

Killing off Elizabeth's son while she's unconscious and unable to react.

They killed off Jake when she was conscious and able to react, and it was still all about everyone else.

Maybe that's why we have Moppet!Jake, to milk more feeling out of his (second) death? Paul as the hospital killer needs to murder someone who isn't a day player to give this story a modicum of worth.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

That's exactly why they do it. Sam was never intended to represent the "good" on this show. It's a waste of KeMo. And I'll say that a million times. Let her bitch, let her rage, let her call people out. I wonder if they'll ever let Sam and Jason argue or disagree about anything at this point.

If they ever disagree, they'll both fall all over themselves apologizing and reassuring each other "no, you're a shmoopy!!" And, then, I assume, Eskimo kisses will ensue.* There will be no conflict.  None.  Because, apparently, they're both perfection and happy sunshine, rainbows, and puppy kisses, so we can't show either of them upset with or on the opposite side of an issue from the other.  (*But, I guess, at least, we can enjoy BM baring his serial killer grin while engaging in said nauseating saccharine behavior. So it will be more "you're a shmoopy....and now I must eat your liver.") 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

They killed off Jake when she was conscious and able to react, and it was still all about everyone else.

Well, that was all for Jason to realize his business wasn't the only thing that could kill his kid. Oh, Guza.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Because, apparently, they're both perfection and happy sunshine, rainbows, and puppy kisses, so we can't show either of them upset with or on the opposite side of an issue from the other.

I'm just grateful they have Sam against Julian. 'Cause she's legit had to deal with like, zero conflict for too long.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Another reference from Paul about what people do when someone hurts the ones they love or whatever. I can't wait to see the explanation on how Paul killing random hospital patients has to do with Susan and/or that other non-Dillon son.

Is RoHo not washing his hair in some kind of protest against the chemicals in shampoo or something?

And that's all I got for today's ep.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Lulu and Nina are the ones who shouldn't hear about Sam being pregnant. They're both so baby-crazy there's no telling what they might do.

Lulu likes embryos with her DNA, not babies. ;)

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, it's Julian. He's Hitler, Pol Pot, and Stalin rolled into one. There can't be two good mobsters in Port Charles. It's like the Highlander: There can be only one.

But at least Julian isn't fat.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Another reference from Paul about what people do when someone hurts the ones they love or whatever. I can't wait to see the explanation on how Paul killing random hospital patients has to do with Susan and/or that other non-Dillon son.

Seriously, it's gonna be so stupid.  I still hate how they introduced a brutal off-screen rape as a plot point for Paul.  So groddy.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yeah, that, plus his phone call in the previews where he tells someone he's working on the next person on his list?  Totally being blackmailed into this.  Shades of ancient Paul Hornsby history!  If someone is threatening his family, I hope they go after Dillon.  That might shake Kiki loose from Morgan and kick that storyline into drive.  Oh, who am I kidding?  No Quartermaine is ever going to win out over a Corinthos.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Yeah, that, plus his phone call in the previews where he tells someone he's working on the next person on his list?

Oh geez, another Uber Big Bad behind the Big Bad?  We've never seen that before! #eyeroll

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm just grateful they have Sam against Julian. 'Cause she's legit had to deal with like, zero conflict for too long.

I really wanted Sam to go batshit crazy during this pregnancy. I wanted her yelling at people pushing Franco down the stairs and stepping over his lifeless body with a Kanye shrug. I wanted her to terrorize Jason, just be a horrible interesting character during this pregnancy and than blame it on the pregnancy. 

But I can't have good things cause of the hacks. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm sure Michael will be criticized as controlling for not wanting Sabrina to work at the hospital.  But God, at least someone is acknowledging the danger.

True, but why is he like "stay home for now"? Why isn't "stay home and take a class/see if Mercy is hiring, etc"? I don't know if the writers wrote it that way on purpose or they just stumbled their way into Michael sounding douchey.

How about Franco wait till he and Liz are dating officially before telling Jason that HE is dating the most beautiful girl in General Hospital High whether Jason likes it or not.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

I really wanted Sam to go batshit crazy during this pregnancy. I wanted her yelling at people pushing Franco down the stairs and stepping over his lifeless body with a Kanye shrug. I wanted her to terrorize Jason, just be a horrible interesting character during this pregnancy and than blame it on the pregnancy. 

But I can't have good things cause of the hacks. 

Sam should be horrified about Jason being anywhere near Franco and should also want Liz and Jason to have minimal contact except when it's relevant to Jake. And, no, not because of jealousy, but because of what Liz did to her family.

15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

How about Franco wait till he and Liz are dating officially before telling Jason that HE is dating the most beautiful girl in General Hospital High whether Jason likes it or not.

Yes. Or how about the show stop trying to make Jason have a reaction to Liz's dating life. The night of his freaking wedding, they pull this shit out. 

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:
45 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yes. Or how about the show stop trying to make Jason have a reaction to Liz's dating life. The night of his freaking wedding, they pull this shit out. 

UGH. Liz/Jason/Sam never were, aren't now, and never will be some great epic love triangle. I can't believe how much time has been wasted trying to convince us otherwise.

Can Paul please kill Amy at the same time he offs Sabrina?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe that's why we have Moppet!Jake, to milk more feeling out of his (second) death? Paul as the hospital killer needs to murder someone who isn't a day player to give this story a modicum of worth.

I vote for Sabrina!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm sure Michael will be criticized as controlling for not wanting Sabrina to work at the hospital.  But God, at least someone is acknowledging the danger. 

I feel like this, if our speculation is true, was about setting up more yelling from Michael at Tracy in the future and I am not here for that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I vote for Sabrina!

I vote in this order: 

1) Julian

2) Franco

3) Nina

4) Double check  and make sure Julian and Frank are dead. 

5) Dr. O

6) recheck Julian and franco

7)  and if Alexis is caterwauling about Julian, she can go too.

8)  i've honestly forgotten who else is on the show that annoys me. I nearly put in Kiki, but then I remembered that KA left the show a while ago.  Can we still at least kill off the name "Kiki?"

oh, now I remember: Greenlee and Claudette (or Claudine or whatever)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam should be horrified about Jason being anywhere near Franco and should also want Liz and Jason to have minimal contact except when it's relevant to Jake. And, no, not because of jealousy, but because of what Liz did to her family.

But this IS relevant to Jake.  Liz is his mom.  If she dies well that certainly affects him.  I hate that they have this shit interfering with the wedding night, but whatever, it is what it is.   If something happens to Liz, Jason SHOULD be there so he can tell Jake himself.

ETA: Loved the Molly/Alexis/Sam stuff.  Loved Sam and Molly just chilling on the couch but poor Sam, at least put on some sweats!  I am sure Alexis has a spare pair somewhere.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

But this IS relevant to Jake.  Liz is his mom.  If she dies well that certainly affects him.  I hate that they have this shit interfering with the wedding night, but whatever, it is what it is.   If something happens to Liz, Jason SHOULD be there so he can tell Jake himself.

I'm not specifically talking about this moment, but yes. In this moment, Jason has to take care of Jake and make sure his mother is OK. But Sam overall has a too flowery outlook on the woman who screwed her husband for months and tried to marry him in her face. She can want Liz to not...die...but she should also struggle with hating her. That's a human reaction.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, melody16 said:

This Jason Franco stuff is all about propping Franco. It has nothing to do with Elizabeth. As usual she is the prop in her own story. Why couldn't Becky have left??

The woman has three kids and is her family's breadwinner, I'm not going to blame her for not giving up a steady paycheck. Otherwise, I agree, this is all about propping Franco as well as Jason. And to a lesser extent, shiny new writer's toy Rebecca Budig. It's nothing new, but it is infuriating.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm not specifically talking about this moment, but yes. In this moment, Jason has to take care of Jake and make sure his mother is OK. But Sam overall has a too flowery outlook on the woman who screwed her husband for months and tried to marry him in her face. She can want Liz to not...die...but she should also struggle with hating her. That's a human reaction.

Agreed.  100%

• Love 3

I kind of wonder whether the allergy to drama is an overreaction to the response to RC getting fired for turning the show into a campy mess? I didn't have enough patience to sit through much of their stint on Y&R but I don't think I remember it being this much of a boring unstructured slog 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It makes me so sad that this is what Tracy has been reduced to, propping Sabrina and being talked down to by Michael. 

I like to think that, if anything should happen to Sabrina, that it would set up a mildly interesting feud between Tracey and Michael.

Jason was so pointless today at the hospital. I guess he was on Freako propping duty.

Jason Morgan and Franco are at best pointless.  These two killers should have remained dead and Dr. Matt and Dr. Stephen Lars should have been let out of prison.  I have no interest in watching these pathetic excuses of human beings on a soap opera called  'General Hospital' and it makes me not like both Liz and Sam as they pine over these killers.   There was one Friday episode where Jason shot other thugs in the knees and the next week the script revealed that he killed them.  If they enjoy violence and killing so much, there is a bloated herd of a cast (beginning with the Corinthos family) waiting to be culled. 

• Love 3

Why is Scott stuck dealing with Ava and Julian? This is the best the writers can give him?

Not that the writers give a damn, but giving Freako this much screen time and having him be this insufferable only makes people who hate him hate him even more.

The Alexis/Sam/Molly scenes were nice, minus Alexis being neurotic over Julian.

Finn actually acted like a real human (mostly) during his scenes with Hayden. Color me surprised. 

There was really no reason why Jason couldn't have stayed with Sam and gone to the hospital in the morning. If Liez's condition changed before then someone could have called him.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Not that the writers give a damn, but giving Freako this much screen time and having him be this insufferable only makes people who hate him hate him even more.

It's getting to the point that I expected Dr Phil to pop up in a GH cameo this week to announce that he now has proof that Freako killed Jon Benet Ramsey.

• Love 1

So Sam knows Sonny and Carly (aka the Town Crier) know she's pregnant and she STILL wasn't going to tell her own sister?  Well, that makes sense...if you take into account Sam is basically a pod person right now.  I expect her to start walking around with a canape and repeating "I simply must have this recipe or I'll die."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

It still looks vaguely serial killer-y to me.

In that picture it's not his smile, he has a crazy glint in his eyes lol. Or maybe extreme joy is just a weird look on Jason, heh.

• Love 2