Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I love how they even mention Stavros's semen, and neither of them shudder and want nothing to do with the embryo.

It's insane and a PRIME example of why I actively can't stand this show. 

• Love 5

So I'm guessing  the Kristina/Alexis fight will end up making Alexis look even worse to the public. I do think Kristina was being bratty, but it's clear that Alexis is continuing to unravel. I also lol'd at the TMI guy talking about how Alexis is on social media. I felt like that was a reference to the IRL stuff with NLG.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Look at it this way - the reporter might not have heard them since conversations in Port Charles take place three feet away from people all the time, and no one ever hears anything. It's like echo location in reverse.

Good point. I keep forgetting that Port Charles has different laws of nature between the reverse echo location and all the timey-wimey wormholes that allow them to get from one side of the world to the other inbetween commercial breaks.

• Love 2

While Finn was saying all those things for the wrong reason, he wasn't wrong. How many times have we all bitched about a woman needing a man to make her whole on this show? So Finn told Hayden to knock it the hell off and find her own reason to stay or go. To not go looking for the next man to complete her. I was just glad SOMEONE said it.

LOL at the reporter calling Alexis out on her social media presence. That was absolutely a reference to NLG. But how utterly insane, even for this show, that while Kristina was staring at the reporter when he walked to the bar, none of them saw him still sitting there, taking video. Even when Alexis and Kristina stood to continue their fight, they didn't see him? The damn restaurant isn't that big and he wasn't exactly hiding! ?  

Franco and Liz were just all kinds of wrong. As others have pointed out, she told him she was raped and has a hard time trusting men. So what does he do? Tells her she has to leave because HE can't deal with her mistrust. If he'd told her to leave because he understood her feelings and didn't want her to be afraid, given his past, I wouldn't have minded so much. But how the hell is he the victim in all this? And as soon as he tells her to go, she has an epiphany and wants to fuck him? Yeah no.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

It's insane and a PRIME example of why I actively can't stand this show. 

Like, seriously, I thought of several ways this story could go, and NEVER did it start out with "Dante and Lulu are the first to consider using the embryo." Wtf? Like, what is the conflict then?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

Liz/Franco is so gross. I've tried to be somewhat neutral about it (or just ignore it), but I can't even do that anymore. It's freaking gross. Liz is a canonical rape victim, and Franco is a SERIAL RAPIST and MURDERER, who kidnapped her child a few years ago.

I feel like I have to say this: Franco DID rape Sam. Maybe not physically (ugh, screw Ron's rewrite), but he let her believe for two years that he had violated her. In that time frame, and especially following the incident, Sam went through rape victim trauma. And in that sense, Franco raped her psychologically. 

And we already know what Franco's part was in Michael's rape, even if he didn't tell Carter to rape him.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Like, seriously, I thought of several ways this story could go, and NEVER did it start out with "Dante and Lulu are the first to consider using the embryo." Wtf? Like, what is the conflict then?

I don't think anyone realizes how truly disgusted I am with anything that has to do with Stavros or Helena or the Cassadines or that embryo. I would rather Robin come back to marry Sonny, Carly AND Jason than ever hear about this embryo again.

• Love 1

The Franco/Liz scenes made my skin crawl. I just...WHAT THE SHIT!??!!1!  What IS THIS

Even if I ignored every other gross thing about Franco, HE KIDNAPPED HER CHILD. He is a former serial killing rapist who kidnapped her newborn. How exactly is she planning to introduce Aiden to his new step-daddy?

If the show lasts long enough to SORAS that kid, she's going to have to tell him what? That Franco helped Jake color his bad feelings away so the fact that he was planning to keep Aiden from his family FOREVER is bygones?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Anyway, I can't at Lulu bringing the Stavros ****** up and then Dante acting the reason that's not an option is because it's probably been destroyed and not because, ya know, it's the Stavros ******.

Olivia's insistence that she feels she already has a granddaughter out there made me think that the Lulu/Stavros embryo may have been implanted, developed, and born by someone else. It wouldn't be Olivia's granddaughter, but it would be a daughter of Lulu, which might have instigated Olivia's impression. Lulu's reaction to the bad pregnancy implant news was really all about HERSELF, which nauseated me. She now wants to feel all the feelings of pregnancy, yada yada. Yet her live and present child Rocco is constantly shoved off onto babysitters, and she doesn't mention missing him when on her adventure in Greece. Lulu wants to be the center of attention as "pregnant mama". Besides her neglect and disinterest in Rocco, she is ironically forgetting her abortion, where she didn't want to experience pregnancy, and actively ended it.

Lulu needs therapy and plenty of it. And as husband Dante reminded her, there are many abandoned and neglected children in the community whom she could nurture. Of course because it is all about herself and the experience of pregnancy that she wants, Lulu couldn't care less about her positioning to help unfortunate abandoned children.

• Love 1

Stavros is the Cassidine that kidnapped Laura way back when and forced her into getting pregnant with a Cassidine heir, resulting in Nik, right? So, setting aside the squick of Lulu impregnating herself with that embryo and carrying her brother's half-sibling, there's the added squick of Stavros kidnapping Lulu to forcibly create this embryo in the first place. Lulu, the daughter of the woman he originally kidnapped and forced a pregnancy on.

Cassidines just - have their own codes and levels of incest, don't they?

• Love 5

The show let Luke get away with his rape-romance with Laura for decades. Now it seems to be adopting the same blindness and laissez-faire moral attitude toward serial killer/rapist Franco. Liz is falling for him despite his past, even when he uses ham-handed tactics like hiding in her car, immobilizing the elevator, etc. Rape is not a joke or dating ploy. It's not a game that a man can play to impress or attract a woman.

• Love 3

Maybe I should ask about this in the history thread...I didn't watch until a few years ago. Most of my GH history knowledge is from you guys or other friends. Lol

But if she was raped by Luke, and...whatever we call it that Stavros did which resulted in Nik, is that maybe part of why Kevin is so hyper-concerned about wanting to know if she wants to move forward or has regrets?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3

Hayden should've gone to Curtis instead of stupid Finn. Speaking of Finn, either make yourself useful and kill Dr. O or get the fuck out.

If this is all Lulu and Dante are going to do then I'm ready for them to go. And it's kinda gross to me how desperate they, and especially Lulu, are to have a biological baby. They don't even try to go the adoption route again. Even if they can't adopt in New York they could probably adopt a child from a different country. Or find an egg donor. Or try getting a surrogate again. Or just be happy with the baby they already have. They have SEVERAL acceptable options and none of them include using a rape embryo.

Hmm Freako, if Liez doesn't completely trust you I wonder why might that be? Maybe because you continue to act like a creep who hides in her backseat at night? Or because you have a history of violating people or getting someone else to rape them on your behalf? Shut the fuck up. 

These "writers" are more vile than Ron.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Liz/Franco is so gross. I've tried to be somewhat neutral about it (or just ignore it), but I can't even do that anymore. It's freaking gross. Liz is a canonical rape victim, and Franco is a SERIAL RAPIST and MURDERER, who kidnapped her child a few years ago.I feel like I have to say this: Franco DID rape Sam. Maybe not physically (ugh, screw Ron's rewrite)

For once I don't think it was a re-write, I think Garin Wolf (who wrote the initial story) was going to reveal Franco "only" pretended to rape her. But yeah, in general I agree with your post.

I will lol if they drag out Rachel Ames for  some Gram-approves-of-Franco scene.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Hayden should've gone to Curtis instead of stupid Finn. Speaking of Finn, either make yourself useful and kill Dr. O or get the fuck out.

If this is all Lulu and Dante are going to do then I'm ready for them to go.

I'm ready for everyone to go. Let Valentini have his super soap.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I will lol if they drag out Rachel Ames for  some Gram-approves-of-Franco scene.

My dearest Elizabeth,

He's no Jason, but he'll do. By the way, have you seen your eldest son? I misplaced him a fortnight ago.

-Grams

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

My dearest Elizabeth,

He's no Jason, but he'll do. By the way, have you seen your eldest son? I misplaced him a fortnight ago.

-Grams

p.s. Did you know he is 12 and doesn't need a baby-sitter?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Sake614 said:

LOL at the reporter calling Alexis out on her social media presence. That was absolutely a reference to NLG.

And with the Gawker, er, TMI reporter recording and uploading the fight (which anyone with a cellphone can do, if they see if in public), I'm betting that the kicker will be outing Kristina as a Parkersexual. Diane will sue on Alexis' behalf and will be financed by a sympathetic figure (I thought Sonny, but Nina fits the bill), Not!Gawker will be sold to Derek Wells Enterprises, and Alexis will have a job there for the next year.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

And with the Gawker, er, TMI reporter recording and uploading the fight (which anyone with a cellphone can do, if they see if in public), I'm betting that the kicker will be outing Kristina as a Parkersexual. Diane will sue on Alexis' behalf and will be financed by a sympathetic figure (I thought Sonny, but Nina fits the bill), Not!Gawker will be sold to Derek Wells Enterprises, and Alexis will have a job there for the next year.

Why would the general public give a dam about Kristina and Alexis' so fight though? Like who cares about a non famous lawyer being disbarred?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

For once I don't think it was a re-write, I think Garin Wolf (who wrote the initial story) was going to reveal Franco "only" pretended to rape her. But yeah, in general I agree with your post.

That wouldn't even be worthy of dusting off the horn, let alone actually dragging out poor RA.  

8 hours ago, ulkis said:

Well, unless he still has that obsession with fire... 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:
  8 hours ago, ulkis said:

18 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Well, unless he still has that obsession with fire... 

If he does, he needs more than a babysitter! LOL!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

How exactly is she planning to explain that to Aiden? If the show lasts long enough to SORAS that kid, she's going to have to tell him what? That Franco helped Jake color his bad feelings away so the fact that he was planning to keep Aiden from his family FOREVER is bygones?

All of Liz's kids should have such a massive problem with her when they hit their teen years. It would be a good story. But no, let's just keep Cam perpetually 10 years old.

9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

These "writers" are more vile than Ron.

Yep.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Does Lulu realize that if she does carry that Starvos embryo, she would be pregnant with her brother's sibling? Just ewww.

I get that embryo is half hers, but for someone who is crying about how a baby will fix everything between her and Dante, she is kind of quick to forget that that baby will not be his. I'd think that would put strain on what seems to be a situation that's not all that stable to begin with if she feels her marriage is still broken? 

I don't understand what they're doing to her character. 

My brother is about to name his son Rocco, and I just can't. Lulu and Dante's ghosts will be a permanent fixture in my life.

9 hours ago, In2You said:

Kristina is the female version of Morgan and they can both go back to college now.

I like Kristina, and I was very much on board with this storyline, but it devolved quickly into some serious whining and screeching. Parker didn't even fight for her, she dumped her in a letter instead of doing it face to face, I didn't even do that in high school, let alone as a grown ass woman.

They completely fucked up the situation. If Kristina is struggling with her sexuality and trying to figure herself out, why don't they just let her do that. Although I'm not sure I see the struggle or whatever little bit of it there was is not there anymore.

On my end, I'm just having a really hard time figuring out if Kristina is in love or if she's infatuated with Parker just because the relationships we've seen her in were so shitty, like the guy who beat her, or that guy Trey who mercifully also died. 

They turned the character inside out, and I just can't with her. Stop screeching and yelling and whatever, maybe then you'll be treated as an adult. Take a trip to Europe.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Lulu needs therapy and plenty of it. And as husband Dante reminded her, there are many abandoned and neglected children in the community whom she could nurture.

heh. Poor ignored Josslyn comes to mind, for one. Cam, for another.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Was the rape before or after Luke and Laura got married?

Sorry to rehash, but she was married to Scotty Baldwin. When she ended up leaving him for Luke, it will fucked with his head and turned him into the jerk he is today.

4 hours ago, In2You said:
4 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Why would the general public give a dam about Kristina and Alexis' so fight though? Like who cares about a non famous lawyer being disbarred?

Reasons/Helena/Commercial Break. Same reasons why there was overwhelming popular support for Olivia for "Do You Know How I Know The Writers Didn't Bother Looking Up Breastfeeding Laws in NYS?" BoobieGate.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

LMAO but you're right.

Oh I forgot to talk about the Lulu/Dante scenes. First of all, besides the fact that their bed is an air mattress in the middle of the living room, I like their new house set. And I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and pretend like in story the bed thing was just because they haven't received their bedroom furniture yet. Anyway, I can't at Lulu bringing the Stavros ****** up and then Dante acting the reason that's not an option is because it's probably been destroyed and not because, ya know, it's the Stavros ******.

I thought WTF at that scene!  Has Lulu become SO baby-focused that she is forgetting all the ugliness of her and her mother's histories with Stavros and all of her revulsion at being implanted with that embryo in 2014?   Has Dante been so neutered that his only answer is to say "yes, dear, but the embryo was probably destroyed in the explosion."  

And can't the writers give this story a minute for the beats to develop?  Can't Dante and Lulu spend a day or two processing this loss rather than, within two scenes, jumping forward to the next plot-pointed alternative?

On my bad days, I have sometimes referred to Lante as the picture-perfect, pedestal-perched protected happy couple.  But now I'll amend that to the plot-pointed, picture-perfect, pedestal-perched protected happy couple.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Does Lulu realize that if she does carry that Starvos embryo, she would be pregnant with her brother's sibling?

Stavros was Nik's uncle, so the baby would be his cousin/nephew.

5 hours ago, In2You said:

Because of the Julian connection. TM(Z)I reporter mentioned him. Jasus forbid a woman have any value in and of herself.

20 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

I thought WTF at that scene!  Has Lulu become SO baby-focused that she is forgetting all the ugliness of her and her mother's histories with Stavros and all of her revulsion at being implanted with that embryo in 2014?   Has Dante been so neutered that his only answer is to say "yes, dear, but the embryo was probably destroyed in the explosion."  

I'm hoping Laura will give her a Moonstruck-style "Snap out of it!" slap and remind her of exactly this. It won't change anything, but it would make ME feel better. 

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Stavros was Nik's uncle, so the baby would be his cousin/nephew.

Because of the Julian connection. TM(Z)I reporter mentioned him. Jasus forbid a woman have any value in and of herself.

Stavros was Nic's father. Stefan was his uncle. (When the DNA testing dust settled, if I remember correctly)

• Love 4

Please let this be the last we see of Parker. Her treatment of Kristina has been gross. Kristina may be annoying and rude a lot of the time, but I haven't enjoyed seeing her be jerked around by Parker. She needs to find a nice girl to have a story with. I would like it if they made Nelle a lesbian and put Kristina with her, rather than pairing Nelle with Michael. This show needs to give me a reason to care about Nelle, because kidney donor and surrogate daughter for Carly isn't cutting it.

• Love 15

The one thing about GH other than Jason/Sam that I am starting to really like (Kevin/Laura) so GH messes it up already! Kevin has a publishing deal and is writing a book about her?! WTF, writers. Why would he do that?

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Does Jason really expect Monica to attend his wedding at the home of the man who killed her other son?

Maybe Jason figures if Sonny got the mother of the other man he shot to sleep with him again, he can convince Monica to come to the house (if, of course, she's even mentioned.)

Michael would have made a better best man. Oh well.

Someone mentioned Kristina is the female Morgan, I don't think so. I mean, I see what's meant but at least when Kristina effs up no one's running after her saying it's not her it's cause she didn't take her pills. And obviously she gets a little of that temper from Alexis, since imo Alexis was pretty snappy with Jordan today. Yeah it was a bit of an ambush but Jordan has good reason to ask, but it didn't merit THAT much snappiness.

Anyway, back to Kristina, I've been fine with her except today talking about how Parker is so evil. Please.

I'm pretty sure Nelle is here to mess with Carly so I'm fine with her right now, plus she hasn't been on all that long. 

Boo, I don't like Lante's new set. It's not a huge misfire like Anna's mansion but I definitely think something like Liz's house would have been much better. Oh well.

Having watched the scenes now I think Lulu's point was that Stavros took a bunch of her eggs. (Even though it was only one egg at first.) In any case though, as a bunch of you guys have noted, can they be sad for a minute or two before they start feverishly wondering where they can procure another kid? Or call Spin and ask him if he wants to share custody of Georgie! 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Was it just me or in the scene at the Metrocourt when Nell was introduced to JaSam she turned to Sonny was all "oh hi Mr C" in a coquettish tone of voice.  Please tell me that she's going to be playing him and not falling for the douchebag.  

Uhm Jordan, I like you but how dare you drag someone to your home to yell at them for parenting their child.  Yes, Alexis shouldn't have grabbed Kris's arm but it's not her fault that the reporter is a sleaze who wants to make a name for himself.  

Kevin and Laura, well that was the shortest relationship in the history of relationships.  

Memo to Jason, you have an adult nephew that you are supposedly really close that can be your best man instead of a mobster.  

• Love 12

Parker is more of a mess than Kristina. Plus falling for a professor is always a terrible idea. She should lose her job, but then it means that the story will be extended, which no thanks.

Giggly Carly is just weird and so very unnatural. It's like she got a lobotomy. 

Jordan needs to shut up. It's not like she's never gotten into a heated argument with TJ because she lied to him about really important stuff, like how she cheated on the man he thought was his father, or how his father isn't his father. Yeah, stuff like that. 

I also really hate the hypocrisy of everyone, the beatification of Duke Lavery who was running Sonny's business. Duke was awesome, and Duke was so great! Duke was a fucking mobster who put out a hit on the woman trying to take him down, and then wanted to pay her son's way into college to absolve himself from his sins. 

Julian is a complete and utter scumbag, but that became a witch hunt with both Anna and now Jordan and how she's blaming him for her choices. You chose a career in law enforcement, with the DEA. There was a good chance you would have to do undercover work, pretend you're something you're not. Of course it was going to put a strain on every single relationship there was.

Why can't people just take responsibility for their own choices?

I think it's only a matter of time before Jason goes back to his great love, Sonny.

And Nelle's "goodbye Mr. Corinthos" was creepy as fuck. Seduction mode activated, I guess.

I'll never tire of seeing Scorpio's smiling mug.  

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Was it just me or in the scene at the Metrocourt when Nell was introduced to JaSam she turned to Sonny was all "oh hi Mr C" in a coquettish tone of voice.  Please tell me that she's going to be playing him and not falling for the douchebag.  

Wasn't just you. And then Carly said "I know what's going on here" i.e. saying that she could see Nelle was developing a crush. So I suspect Nelle will drug Sonny into bed and no one will believe the, er, poor guy.

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Giggly Carly is just weird and so very unnatural. It's like she got a lobotomy. 

Yes. I don't know if LW plays it like that on purpose or what (and I do think she might) but gushy happy mom-next-door Carly comes across so fake.

Kevin and Laura, well that was the shortest relationship in the history of relationships.

Well, Duke and Lucy. I think they went out on literally one date. Not that I mind, that was ridiculous.

• Love 5