Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Isn't it great how Neenah agonized for weeks over doing the deed with Franco, yet takes a millisecond to decide to bang a total stranger?  And the butterfly bandages on his face weren't off-putting at all. 

And Liz has already done the, "I'm sorry I ever doubted you" with Rick, the last time he was falsely accused and arrested.  If I recall correctly, LiRic had at least made it to bed before the cops showed up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

No, but she is still connected to ELQ. If getting the money means getting back ELQ, she should go for it.

The Q's have ELQ back, don't they?  I know it's tied up in some stupid lawsuit thanks to stupid Nikolas, but they have their shares back.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Tracy scheming with Lucy/Scotty could be fun.  But the show seems to have no interest in her doing anything but talking to Dr. Michael Easton and, sometimes, her son.

Edited by TeeVee329

You know what, just put Dillon with Val. Darber is a dayplayer so if his only other choice is Kaka I'd rather see him with the forgotten Spencer. At least she's moved past her sidepiece ways and become somewhat tolerable, which is more than I can say for that useless, annoying piece of garbage dating Morgan.

Please bring Molly Burnett back so KSt can go on a vacation.

The fact that the writers keep pulling this poor misunderstood gentle farmer victimized Freako shit just makes me hate him even more. Shut the fuck up you donkey. And STFU Liez for helping prove his innocence. 

• Love 5

I have to admit, I really cheered when they had Liz switch from moaning about Franco to using her brain and getting to the truth. Even if it did move this ridiculous 'watch poor Franco be put upon by all these false accusations' SL further along, which is annoying because I really wish RH would stop whining his way through his admittedly self-pitying lines, I liked Liz being able to use her agency to do more than stand around looking concerned while Franco looms in the shadows and eery music plays. I liked watching Liz and Griff interact, and I liked the chemistry with the two of them and Nathan during the questioning. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

You know what, just put Dillon with Val. Darber is a dayplayer so if his only other choice is Kaka I'd rather see him with the forgotten Spencer. At least she's moved past her sidepiece ways and become somewhat tolerable, which is more than I can say for that useless, annoying piece of garbage dating Morgan.

There's actual relationship/history/story potential with Dillon/Valerie/Tracy/Lulu.

Curtis/Valerie aren't a real relationship and  between Darby and Kiki, I think Kiki has done much worse and has no business slutshaming anybody. In fact, it just made me loathe her more.

They can still play their dumb Morgan/Kiki/Dillon triangle but dayplayer!Darby doesn't matter to any of them. Dillon actually cares about Valerie

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Watching it again online,  I can't believe, after its prominence in the spoilers, the Lucy/Scotty scene was 1 whole minute. #eyeroll

I did enjoy Lucy's withering "Congratulations?  Yay?" when Scotty announced he had gotten Franco out of jail.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

And STFU Liez for helping prove his innocence. 

But he is innocent. I hate the martyr act Franco has going on right now, but I also hate it when the wrong person is thrown in jail. I don't care if it's Franco, Sonny, Jason, anyone. It's boring and dumb, and the viewers always know the first person blamed isn't the real perp. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Watching it again online,  I can't believe, after its prominence in the spoilers, the Lucy/Scotty scene was 1 whole minute. #eyeroll

I did enjoy Lucy's withering "Congratulations?  Yay?" when Scotty announced he had gotten Franco out of jail.

I know I'm glad I didn't get too excited about it.I thought Lucy was funny at the end too.

Jordan, you are a horrible commissioner. Wanting to get verification from Ava (why??) that Nik was really alive on the island when she has four witnesses in town that aren't murderers, and one of them is right in front of you and one of your police officers? She's just pissed that JaSam solved the Nik murder case for her in two days with post-it notes while the PCPD did jack squat.

Also? Darby, sweetie, if you slept with Morgan and Dillon (which, WTF, when did that happen?) and Morgan slept with Kiki, the hypothetical of Kiki sleeping with Dillon wouldn't make this a nice little circle. That would be a square.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6

So now Claudette has not one, but two men to play like fiddles? She is so working an angle, or perhaps several. I already think she's going to rope Griffin in on this scheme of hers against Nathan/Maxie. The good boy/priestly facade will crumble once more.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But he is innocent. I hate the martyr act Franco has going on right now, but I also hate it when the wrong person is thrown in jail. I don't care if it's Franco, Sonny, Jason, anyone. It's boring and dumb, and the viewers always know the first person blamed isn't the real perp. 

It's boring, but everything on this shit show is. And if it was a usual gray character (as GH has no true white hats left) being wrongfully accused, I'd be all for clearing them. But Franco? Fuck him. He should be in prison. Actually, he should be under the prison, so it matters not a bit to me if he is wrongfully in the slammer as I consider it karma biting him on the ass.

And Liz helping him just sinks her to new lows...

• Love 6

Why the fuck are a boatload of non-Cassadines in a Cassadine story? Why is Alexis not front and center in what is going on with Nikolas? Why are Molly and Kristina not allowed to even talk about the fact that they are Cassadines? Where is Helena? We have Spencer, an annoying kid and Valentin a clear Stefan knock off that is SO BAD it hurts. Those are our Cassadines.  And no, Sam doesn't count. She's about Jason, let her be about Jason.  I want actual Cassadines in the actual Cassadine story, no matter how terrible the story is.  Shoving Sonny's stupid face into ANOTHER story he doesn't need to be a part of is stupid.

• Love 11

Darby is the MVP of the episode. lol at that kinda-montage of Dillon reading about the STI.

Kiki and Morgan need to stop referencing their marriage. NOTHING HAPPENED. 

I know people in the spoiler thread were worried about Darby possibly being slut-shamed for her STI. She wasn't, but whoa Griffin took up that duty with Claudette. I almost expected him to ask her to float in water so they could prove she wasn't a witch.

Whose idea was it in the make-up department to put bruise-colored looking eyeshadow around Kirsten Storms' eyes? Do they WANT her to look ill?

I could go for a fun wedding at the MC officiated by Lucy with everyone in town. So probably won't happen? Ooh, maybe they'll have it and Claudette will reveal they're still married. So we could have some fun party without Naxie getting actually married yet.

Spencer: But I haven't revealed I was born with teeth yet! My hump!

me: whip out the knife, Theo! Brutus! Someone! Anyone!

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Darby is the MVP of the episode.

100%. tbh she can replace Kiki as a character imo.

I know people in the spoiler thread were worried about Darby possibly being slut-shamed for her STI. She wasn't, but whoa Griffin took up that duty with Claudette. I almost expected him to ask her to float in water so they could prove she wasn't a witch.

Yea that was so gross. I am over Claudette but Griffin was horrendous today. I don't know why I was shocked because this show is gross about women all the time, but I was really taken aback by the stuff Griffin was saying.

Sonny coming to save Spencer about did me in. TOO FUCKING MUCH. Give it a rest!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If they brought her on full-time, she'd be ruined. You know it!

Let me have my fantasy!

I ffwd like literally 90% of this ep. I accidentally pushed play at one point when BM was doing that annoying smug smile and I about lost it. HATE!

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was one of those people who were worried, so I'm glad it didn't go in that direction. Sucks about Claudette, though. I hate her and find her totally unnecessary, but that doesn't mean I want her slut-shamed. (I haven't seen today's ep yet.)

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, Maxie and Nathan want Lucy to officiate their wedding (I didn't see today)?

Well not want want (because who would really want that? ;) ) but since he wants to move it up she said they could get Lucy to officiate, because she doesn't want it small.

It's also probably better for Lucy that she wasn't the one to seal what would have been quite the unholy union between Carly and Franco.

Too bad she didn't end up marrying Lucas and Brad, though.  Especially because they brought in some total rando nobody to do it.  They couldn't pay Lynn Herring for one more day?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Was there anything good about this episode?  

Maybe Darby's refreshing honesty and common sense?  Girl, don't stay around - they'll mess you up. 

Between Nina Overload and Saint Sonny coming to save the day at the end of the show, I'm ready for the barge. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It's boring, but everything on this shit show is. And if it was a usual gray character (as GH has no true white hats left) being wrongfully accused, I'd be all for clearing them. But Franco? Fuck him. He should be in prison. Actually, he should be under the prison, so it matters not a bit to me if he is wrongfully in the slammer as I consider it karma biting him on the ass.

And Liz helping him just sinks her to new lows...

Frank Valentini is the one that has sunk to a new low and refuses to admit casting RoHo as Franco was a huge fail.  I am tired of Elizabeth being written OCC for some lame ass character  or pairing (Franco, Hayden or JaSam) in order to make them relevant.

10 hours ago, CompltelySweet said:

I have to admit, I really cheered when they had Liz switch from moaning about Franco to using her brain and getting to the truth. Even if it did move this ridiculous 'watch poor Franco be put upon by all these false accusations' SL further along, which is annoying because I really wish RH would stop whining his way through his admittedly self-pitying lines, I liked Liz being able to use her agency to do more than stand around looking concerned while Franco looms in the shadows and eery music plays. I liked watching Liz and Griff interact, and I liked the chemistry with the two of them and Nathan during the questioning. 

I am so tired of RoHo bringing out his Todd Manning schtick and wooby faces.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

100%. tbh she can replace Kiki as a character imo.

Yea that was so gross. I am over Claudette but Griffin was horrendous today. I don't know why I was shocked because this show is gross about women all the time, but I was really taken aback by the stuff Griffin was saying.

Bhwhahah.  We should play a game of where's "Sonny" as he runs around town trying to save folks and look like he's important.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Was there anything good about this episode?  

Maybe Darby's refreshing honesty and common sense?  Girl, don't stay around - they'll mess you up. 

Between between Nina Overload and Saint Sonny coming to save the day at the end of the show, I'm ready for the barge. 

Good post.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to head to the barge. I'm gonna sit on the deck and take in the lovely weather as I watch the Olympics.

2 hours ago, backhometome said:

Is there a clause in MS contract where Nina has to be in every damn story. First the kidney story now CI. She is the worst.

FV is bound and determined that Nina and Franco become relevant on this show.

• Love 2

Kirsten Storms looks like she has a seriously bad case of jaundice.  Someone give her injections of vitamin D STAT.  

Whatever is up with her, I hope she will be okay soon.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, backhometome said:

Is there a clause in MS contract where Nina has to be in every damn story. First the kidney story now CI. She is the worst.

And she's a supporting character in the Claudette mess.  And in the Julian story.  Meanwhile, Lucy and Scotty get to talk for one minute. #eyeroll

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Good post.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to head to the barge. I'm gonna sit on the deck and take in the lovely weather as I watch the Olympics.

I usually really get into Olympic coverage; so I have a feeling I'll be enjoying that deck with you.   Sounds much more appealing than the Sonny and Nina show. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Bhwhahah.  We should play a game of where's "Sonny" as he runs around town trying to save folks and look like he's important.

The Show uses Carly in a similar way. But instead of saving folks, Carly runs around town admonishing young women to treat Morgan well and generally interfering in his life and relationships, or else stirring up trouble about issues that appear to be dormant, such as her daughter's kidney transplant. Sonny and Carly seem to have little to keep them occupied. They are the official Port Chaos yentas, useless yet popping up, interfering and wasting time while making problems.

God, Jason is such a douche.   Could he be any more smug when he was in the police station waiting for everyone to fall at his feet and release him?  Maybe, as penance, Jordan will be made to fund a parade in his honor...

• Love 10

I'm shocked that Darby has managed to somehow be one of the more stable people in town. If they wanted to murder Kiki and replace her with Darby I wouldn't necessarily be against that. She needs to start going by her middle name, though. 

So big bad super evil Valentine doesn't even have a lock on his phone? What a joke. 

The writing for Griffin is bizarre. He's way nicer to Julian than he should be and he doesn't shit on Freako the serial killer, but then he talks to Claud like she's lower than garbage. I mean, I don't care about her feelings or anything, but it doesn't make sense. 

• Love 6

Sonny and Carly seem to have little to keep them occupied. They are the official Port Chaos yentas, useless yet popping up, interfering and wasting time while making problems.

This doubling down of making him a saint or waltzing into police stations and demanding (and obtaining) information feels like FV (and his predecessors) flipping the bird at the audience.  Maurice isn't easy on the eyes and he can't spit out his lines - ymmv - but if they had his character earning a living in an occupation other than one that involves threatening or inflicting violence, his character would drop mega-levels on my rage meter.  Sonny makes his living being a violent piece of excrement and the town folk worship him.   

Especially with Nina around, Carly doesn't seem as bad as she was a couple of years ago - plus LW typically produces a competent output for a soap opera actress.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

God, Jason is such a douche.   Could he be any more smug when he was in the police station waiting for everyone to fall at his feet and release him?  Maybe, as penance, Jordan will be made to fund a parade in his honor...

"Ava is giving a statement."

"You don't need her. We saw Nikolas alive, and we can vouch."

"So, we need you to give statements...."

"We don't need statements! Let Jason go! He isn't even a fugitive. Diane will handwave that."

13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

After decades, we have Sonny in a Cassadine-centric storyline....

ghostbusters.png

... we have finally crossed the streams.

What would have been amusing with the STD/STI/SDI/STP is if we found out Port Charles was infected as a whole. You may have been Patient Zero, Darby, but the flow was always fluid.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sonny is the only one allowed to fund parades in Port Charles.  

• Love 4

Sonny potentially saving Spencer doesn't bother me.  At least the kid's his nephew which gives Sonny a vested interest.

I liked BW on OLTL, and I'm liking her here, too.  I've been distracted by her dress and purse, which I quite like.  Are people disliking her because they're sick of the OLTL actors/characters on the show, or they specifically don't like the actress or SL?

19 hours ago, ulkis said:

Darby is the MVP of the episode. lol at that kinda-montage of Dillon reading about the STI.

Kiki and Morgan need to stop referencing their marriage. NOTHING HAPPENED. 

Whose idea was it in the make-up department to put bruise-colored looking eyeshadow around Kirsten Storms' eyes? Do they WANT her to look ill?

I could go for a fun wedding at the MC officiated by Lucy with everyone in town. So probably won't happen? Ooh, maybe they'll have it and Claudette will reveal they're still married. So we could have some fun party without Naxie getting actually married yet.

Spencer: But I haven't revealed I was born with teeth yet! My hump!

me: whip out the knife, Theo! Brutus! Someone! Anyone!

I didn't enjoy Darby today, at all.  From immediately jumping on Dillon for "slut shaming" (which he didn't do, IMO), to glibly informing men about her STI, to smugly rubbing it in Kiki's face that she's fucked both of the men Kiki's interested in - I found her intolerable.  Instead of being sex positive and destigmatizing STIs, she acted like this is a monthly process for her.  I also don't think Kiki slut shamed Darby.  I thought her reaction was pretty realistic.  Most people don't jump up and down with excitement after being told they may have received an STI from their boyfriend's ex.  Especially when said ex is baiting you as she dramatically takes her STI meds, and there's pre-existing antipathy with the person.

Regarding Griffin, I'm assuming that he has reason to believe that Claudette is a manipulative, obsessive person.  He's not wrong - she's there to cause problems.

17 hours ago, MostlyC said:

Kirsten Storms looks like she has a seriously bad case of jaundice.  Someone give her injections of vitamin D STAT.  

Whatever is up with her, I hope she will be okay soon.

I don't know if it was previously revealed she had an ED, but I thought she did for a while.  I think she's even thinner now than then, and I wonder if they're giving her loose clothing to hide it.

5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Sonny potentially saving Spencer doesn't bother me.  At least the kid's his nephew which gives Sonny a vested interest.

I wish he wouldn't stroll in like the conquering hero. It's not as if we hear about Spencer and Sonny spending any time together on any sort of regular basis.

8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Are people disliking her because they're sick of the OLTL actors/characters on the show, or they specifically don't like the actress or SL?

For me it's both the character and actor. Claudette as troublemaker is a tiresome trope, and BW isn't bringing anything new to the role. She's relying on the wide eyes, the knowing look, etc. Those aren't exclusive to her, of course, but it only reinforces how unnecessary Claudette is.

• Love 7

Can't believe how harsh Fallen Priest Griffin was to Claudette: Because it's always the woman's fault if the man strays. Or gets hit on by an employer (sorry, the Trumps are getting to me).  Sonny still blames Ava for crypt sex. GH is certainly consistent in their blame of women, it would be nice if they moved into the 21st Century.  Hey Frank -- When priests have sex, they take the blame now.

Kristen Storms came back too soon.

Edited by decogirl
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

Don't the weddings Lucy officiates end badly? Sabrina/Patrick for example? 

Actually, I consider the way Sabrina and Patrick's wedding ended pretty damned wonderful, myself.

• Love 12