Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I love that Joe looks like at Sabrina like she's his favorite flavor of ice cream and how she seemed flustered by his presence, in a good way.

And I really loved how Michael hung around like a bad stain on the carpet.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Well, he might want to dump her at this point since she just cheated on him with no hesitation.

I gotta admit, I totally forgot Kristina was cheating, and she even mentioned poor Aaron two seconds before the cheating.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I thought LUCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was going to be the headline today, but, OMG, Ric dragging Liz about Franco and about her Jason lies was fuckin' amazing, especially given Liz's ridiculously haughty attitude with him.

Oh lawd Jasus.  It finally happened?    You shut up.  Today's gonna be the day then.  

1 hour ago, Vella said:

I love that Joe looks like at Sabrina like she's his favorite flavor of ice cream and how she seemed flustered by his presence, in a good way.

Oh?  And this is JVP's character?   So watching when it hits Hulu.   I need this in my life.

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought the structuring of Sonny's request ("Oh, you thought me, a FUCKIN' MOB BOSS, wanted you to kill someone?  How silly of you!") was quite weird.

And then Carly gives money to the woman who tried to con her?  The fuck?

We fuckin' get it, Show - Sonny and Carly are sooooooooo awesome.  Give it a rest.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

We fuckin' get it, Show - Sonny and Carly are sooooooooo awesome.  Give it a rest.

It continues to be so fucking disgusting.

But I won't let it ruin Ric's glorious reading of Liz (plus his hair!), Scotty and Lucy being cute and not annoying, or Joe. Good shit imo.

I continue to like Naomi. I like the actress a lot. I'm not against this "Liz and Hayden are sisters" thing in theory, but Liz sucks so hard now and Hayden is getting there due to the abysmal thing with Finn so I'm pretty meh about it.

Skipped the Sonny/Finn scenes, of course.

• Love 13

I didn't hate the Sonny scenes today. I felt he was supposed to come off smarmy, Finn still wasn't happy.

I actually thought today's show was okay - Franco was whiny per usual but it wasn't egregious. The only thing that really annoyed me was the contrived Hayden/Finn scenes, with Finn telling her he would never lie to her or whatever it was. Okay, sure.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The only thing that really annoyed me was the contrived Hayden/Finn scenes, with Finn telling her he would never lie to her or whatever it was. Okay, sure.

Oh I skipped those, too. And thank goodness because it sounds like I would've been dry heaving if I would have watched.

Edited by peachmangosteen

Caught today just for Ric. He really does make everything better- too bad he's still into that twit. Her and Franco deserve eachother. 

Why in the world did Carly give money to a con woman?

I like Joe already- too bad he's going to be shoved at Sabrina. The actor has way more chemistry with Ava so would like to see that explored.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Finn is going to discover something physical caused Julian to go nuts, isn't he. :headdesk:

Return of the Tumor: No More Justice coming to Port Charles this fall.   It's back, baby!    Maybe they'll just shave Will's head lol

• Love 2

I'm absolutely head over heels in love with JOe and he just got to town lol!

Mo, take some lessons from RiH and go grey. He looks FINE and it would do Mo s world of good to dump the shoe polish they keep putting in his hair.

• Love 13

I like Joe already- too bad he's going to be shoved at Sabrina. The actor has way more chemistry with Ava so would like to see that explored

Was it just me or did JVP look like he wanted to bust a laugh when Michael called him DR. Rivera?

• Love 3

Ric (or, Rick, whatever) looks great going natural with the grey; it doesn't work that well on everyone but on him, it works really well.  

So, I guess yesterday (Wed) was sexcapades day on GH?  I haven't seen that much foolin' around on the show in one day in eons - too bad I am not interested in any of the "couples" 

I just knew they would find a way to keep the actor playing Carlos on given they have had him hovering around being an annoying ghost.  But, if this version is as dull as he was today, bring back the psychopath - somehow.  I don't care how - it's a soap; think of something.

• Love 1

Oh, by the way, so we're supposed to believe princess fairy tale dreamin', frizzy haired Sabrina was not only banging Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos back in the day, but got involved with his twin brother too?  Suuuuuuuure.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, by the way, so we're supposed to believe princess fairy tale dreamin', frizzy haired Sabrina was not only banging Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos back in the day, but got involved with his twin brother too?  Suuuuuuuure.

It'd explain why she was crushing so hard on Patrick.    It wasn't him lol.  She was still in love with JVP'S character.   I can see that.   

• Love 1

Joe is pediatric surgeon. I wonder which child is going to need a doctor. 

Sabrina did twin brothers. Look out Morgan, you may be next.

I always loved Lucy and Scotty, so I am glad that they are friendly again and scheming together and looking at Franco as if he is delusional.

Did Liz actually set up a date with Franco just to get back at Ric for being concerned that she is involving herself with the serial killer.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think Sonny has been let into the loop yet on Parker's gender. The ones I remember finding out are Alexis, Molly, and...I think Morgan? Didn't they get into the topic when she visited him at the hospital? (Edit: Yes.)

Ugh. Ric Lansing. In my fanwank, Liz capitulated on dating Franco because Ric and his "Laura Palmer's dad on Twin Peaks" hair (with matching mental health) showed up to remind her that she's done worse and survived it. Sorry, but the hate is long, the hate is strong, the hate is immutable.   

I liked Naomi's scenes, and I always like to see Liz in nurse mode. Showing up for work, serial killer or no, like a bad-ass or a contract player with a fan base.

JVP is so good. Usually when someone plays twins, the characters aren't that well differentiated, but he wasn't Carlos at all today.  

I wish the obvious chemistry between Becky and RoHo weren't being asked to overcome so much. Making him Franco was a terrible solution to the OLTL legal nonsense.  

Wendy isn't the one played by an actress other people here liked in a previous role, who's going to hang around, is she? I hope not, because while the actress wasn't really bad, that went far beyond vocal fry. That was vocal broil. Jeez.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
(edited)

Yowzer, does RiH look good. Why is this man only the most recurring of recurring actors?

LOL at Franco, Lucy, and Scott with Carly. I wish we got more of that sort of thing.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I felt [Sonny] was supposed to come off smarmy

I don't know. I think a lot of times Mo isn't entirely aware of how Sonny is perceived. Where we see smarmy, he sees large and in charge.

Carly is shocked—shocked!—that someone tried to scam her. Spare me.

Ugh, Elizabeth and Rebecca Budig are totally half-sisters. Well, the physical casting is pretty good, I'll give them that. Robin Riker is pretty good there, too.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Ugh. Ric Lansing. In my fanwank, Liz capitulated on dating Franco because Ric and his "Laura Palmer's dad on Twin Peaks" hair (with matching mental health) showed up to remind her that she's done worse and survived it. Sorry, but the hate is long, the hate is strong, the hate is immutable.   

Disagree, Ric isn't worse than Franco. 

• Love 10

Loved seeing Ric! I know I probably shouldn't love him so much but I can't help myself. Sad to see Liz acting like a haughty teen, she sure hasn't grown an inch.

Carly's story is so boring but I do enjoy her dress.

Sabrina's hair is so distracting what on earth are they going for - it looks tragic.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Wendy isn't the one played by an actress other people here liked in a previous role, who's going to hang around, is she? I hope not, because while the actress wasn't really bad, that went far beyond vocal fry. That was vocal broil. Jeez.

Wendy?

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Joe is pediatric surgeon. I wonder which child is going to need a doctor.

I wonder if he was Sabrina's pediatrician? 

48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yowzer, does RiH look good. Why is this man only the most recurring of recurring actors?

LOL at Franco, Lucy, and Scott with Carly. I wish we got more of that sort of thing.

I never can understand why none of the writing regimes ever know what to do with Ric? And yes he looks hot with the salt and pepper hair.

I thought Franco, Scotty and Lucy were entertaining too. I'm always up for more Scotty on screen.

Also, yes Elizabeth deserved that shot from Ric, but I still loved the LiRic scenes.

• Love 3

My Rick Hearst loving heart skipped several beats when he appeared on my screen.  

Scott & Lucy, never a bad thing.

TIIC are really working overtime to make Hayden a viable character.  I don't care who she might be related to, I'm still not going to give a fig if she's dead or alive.

Add Joe to my "I could care less" list.  I look at him as just another character created so one of Frank's pets can have a job.

• Love 4

JVP is so good. Usually when someone plays twins, the characters aren't that well differentiated, but he wasn't Carlos at all today.

JVP did a great job.  Before he was even two lines in it was as if Carlos had disappeared.  The difference in his physicality right down to his posture, a different walk, his reactions and listening shots.  Even the way he held his head.  I was impressed.  He's already Joe, a new doctor, to me so I'm glad we get to keep JVP around. 

I'm late on this from yesterday - Way to go on the emotional blackmail, Morgan!  And that it was for sex doesn't make it creepy at all!

Speaking of creepy, I agree with everyone about Kristina and Parker.  So is she looking for a Mommy figure?  Because that's how it came off to me. And I don't think I'd call her a cheater just yet; she and Aaron haven't declared exclusivity, or that they are even serious.  I think they were calling their time together "whatever this turns out to be."

• Love 10

Franco is just a terrible character. Nobody could redeem this character. RoHo and BH do have good chemistry. But RoHo would 1000000x better off being damn near any other man outside of being Hitler or Stalin. Why not just make him another of Scott's secret kids. Even keep Heather as his mother. I'm still willing to go with "Franco" being a brainwashed victim of the real Franco. If Carlos can have a secret twin, ME have 6 god damn characters and Dr. O not being in jail, why not just go with "Franco" not really being Franco? Scott, Lucy and Franco were great today.

And Ric is asking for a bruising. Liz lied to Jason. But she didn't kidnap a pregnant woman with plans to take her baby, kill her and hand off the baby off to Liz. Nor did she try to have Sam thrown into prison like Ric did with Jake/Jason. Boundaries dude. Learn to respect them. He kept pushing for contact with Liz. She kept telling him no. He kept on trying to engage her. So he has learned nothing. I love LiRic, but the man really does have control issues. Especially when it comes to Liz. 

I love Dr. Joe already. I do I want to dump the Fairytale Princess on poor dumbass Michael   or the awesomeness of Dr. Joe? I'd rather her and her brat be off the continent and not on my tv screen. But none of us are that lucky.

F off Carly. Fuck off Sonny and his murdering ways. Yeah, Julian is the murderous BIG BAD in Port Chuckles. 

Kristina should just tell Aaron. Plenty of guys would be thrilled to have their girlfriend "sexually fluid" and interested. Of course, I'm still betting that Aaron is more interested in Sonny's crimes than Kristina. 

• Love 9

I'm over Finn at this time. Please put Hayden with Curtis. Thank you.

I'm not interested in Hayden and Liez being related. Stop it. 

Please remove Sonny from the Carly/Joss story. If Carly needs mob resources she can get Johnny to call one of his guys.

Joe...whatever. The writers need to chill with this shit. 

Freako needs to be murdered.

I like how a major character has just been shot and fallen over a balcony, presumably dead, and yet that story has been ignored for two episodes.

RIC CALLED LIEZ OUT ON HER TRASH WAYS!!!! Too bad he's probably still into her. Also, she's petty as fuck for agreeing to go on a date with Freako just to piss off Ric. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Vella said:

Show is probably just teasing us in the future with the possibility that baby Edward belongs to Dr Joe and Sabrina. I know they are supposed to have not seen each other in many years since he left Puerto Rico, but Show could retcon that. Maybe since they are both in the medical profession they ran into one another and had a hot affair. (After all, Sabrina didn't seem to be surprised or shocked when she answered the front door and saw him.) If Show establishes that baby Edward is Joe and Sabrina's, they can quickly cook up a triangle with Michael. Maybe Sabrina was moving out of the Q's and going back to nursing because a little bird told her that Dr. Joe was looking her up. And maybe the baby was extra big because Sabrina had been with Dr Joe before Carlos dropped in on her that one night.

(edited)

Lynn Herring (Lucy) looked gorgeous. Her skin and figure are primo. IMO she hasn't aged a bit; I heard that in real life she is an outdoors person, and a horsewoman.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
43 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Lynn Herring (Lucy) looked gorgeous. Her skin and figure are primo. IMO she hasn't aged a bit; I heard that in real life she is an outdoors person, and a horsewoman.

Actually, I think she and Kin Shriner both look amazing. I'll have whatever water they are drinking.

• Love 3
(edited)

Franco's reaction when Liz suggested that he give the money to charity is just one of the reasons I loathe this character. You cannot have Liz snottily claiming that he's working to turn his life around ten minutes after the FUCKING SERIAL KILLER sneered at the idea of giving money to a charity (well, a charity that wouldn't eventually have sex with him) after making millions off of his shitty murder art.

And it didn't have to be this way! Kin Shriner had this pained reaction when Franco said "mom" and I just.....It  could've been a good story. If RoHo's character had just been Scott/Heather's son who was unstable because he was raised solely by Heather? His bonding with Scott would be meaningful instead of cringeworthy. 

I might actually be rooting for Liz to give him the benefit of the doubt instead of reacting to their date by thinking 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

As it is, I was pitying her because if she had any friends left alive, they'd be telling her the same thing Ric told her

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

I think LH's face has that taut look (like Jackie Zeman's, if not as severely), but I'm not going to criticize beyond noting it. It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" business for women beyond a certain age.  

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

Did Liz actually set up a date with Franco just to get back at Ric for being concerned that she is involving herself with the serial killer.

That's Liz for ya! I loled for real when her petty ass did that. If she would stop pretending like she's some precious angel/people would stop treating her like she's that and she just owned that she's actually a petty bitch then she would be SO much easier to take.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

You cannot have Liz snottily claiming that he's working to turn his life around ten minutes after the FUCKING SERIAL KILLER sneered at the idea of giving money to a charity (well, a charity that wouldn't eventually have sex with him).

And...what work?  He had the tumor that allegedly caused his SERIAL KILLING to be removed, but he's spent plenty of time in the last year or so taunting his former victims, stabbing someone, setting up elaborate revenge schemes, blackmailing people, etc.

And has devoted himself to your son's care?  When's the last time you or Franco talked about Helena's story book, Liz?

The writing of this is really horrible.  He basically tried to buy her yesterday and then she agreed to the date to spite someone else.  How...romantic?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I think LH's face has that taut look (like Jackie Zeman's, if not as severely), but I'm not going to criticize beyond noting it. It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" business for women beyond a certain age.  

I don't know if Jane Elliot has a secret or she's just extremely lucky in how she aged, but she needs to share the secret if she does have one because she is looking beautiful these days (well of course a part of it is the hair).

47 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's Liz for ya! I loled for real when her petty ass did that. If she would stop pretending like she's some precious angel/people would stop treating her like she's that and she just owned that she's actually a petty bitch then she would be SO much easier to take.

I don't think she pretends she's a saint though. I mean do any of the characters think she's 100% perfect either? Hayden/Britt/whoever always sneer that Liz has everyone fooled, but at this point, who's that? 

She does act like she's better than Hayden/Britt, but they thought they were better than her too so it was pretty much even.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
(edited)

Turning my attention back to the Rebecca Budig anvils, how again are they going to tell this story without Jeff, No Name, and Sarah, the sister Liz has known her whole life?

As stupidly as possible apparently. Because these "writers" have decided that Jeff Webber, father of Steven Lars Webber, just let Naomi leave with Infant!Rebecca Budig character without a fight.

They're going to waste Liz's resemblance to Naomi and Liz's family history of feeling like an outsider in the interests of grafting Rebecca Budig character onto the Webber family tree. Which means this story will be all about Rebecca Budig character

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think she pretends she's a saint though. I mean do any of the characters think she's 100% perfect either? Hayden/Britt/whoever always sneer that Liz has everyone fooled, but at this point, who's that

She does act like she's better than Hayden/Britt, but they thought they were better than her too so it was pretty much even.

Men. And Monica and Carly, who lashed out for 1.5 seconds and then reassured her that she's not a terrible person or shit mother. And Robin, who basically gave her a pat on the head and tried to downplay her lies and schemes. 

I don't recall Hayden having a problem with Liez until she took it upon herself to decide she was Super Mean and Evil and unworthy of forgiveness or even basic human decency, all the while she was keeping a married man away from his wife and son. And the main reason why Liez had beef with Britt is because Nik was with her and Liez couldn't take it. 

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Please remove Sonny from the Carly/Joss story.

Why aren't we hearing more about Jax? You know, Joss's actual father? He ostensibly has a stake in all of this. I know Ingo shows up soon, but I don't get why they haven't had him footing the bills here. Probably because Sonny is such a good person, and Jax will inevitably be the bad guy here. UGH.

He basically tried to buy her yesterday and then she agreed to the date to spite someone else.  How...romantic?

#LoveInTheAfternoon #SummerLoving #GHisLove

Which means this story will be all about Rebecca Budig character

Liz hasn't be a main character in a story that involves her in ages, so, TFGH.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I don't even understand the kidney story.

The scene of Naomi fainting after hearing Heathers name and Lucy and Scotty sipping champagne like it was no big deal was funny.However it's becoming redundant that Heather has stolen all these babies if that's where it's going.

Nice to see Ric.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Men. And Monica and Carly, who lashed out for 1.5 seconds and then reassured her that she's not a terrible person or shit mother. And Robin, who basically gave her a pat on the head and tried to downplay her lies and schemes. 

Yeah, but that's more a Robin thing and less a Liz thing. Robin does that for everybody.

Re: Monica and Carly, yeah, but they still don't like her or think she's an ingenue.

I don't recall Hayden having a problem with Liez until she took it upon herself to decide she was Super Mean and Evil and unworthy of forgiveness or even basic human decency, all the while she was keeping a married man away from his wife and son. And the main reason why Liez had beef with Britt is because Nik was with her and Liez couldn't take it.

I'll take your word for it; it's all a blur. Admittedly those two characters annoy me because their only characteristics seem to be "steal snark from the internet to throw at Liz".

• Love 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

The scene of Naomi fainting after hearing Heathers name and Lucy and Scotty sipping champagne like it was no big deal was funny.

I didn't get around to commenting on them, but LUCY!!!!!!!!!!!! and Scotty were fun yesterday.  It's a little annoying that Lucy is now also a bit player in the Raymond Berlin crap, but hopefully them both being broke will lead to some fun scheming.  I also enjoyed them basically not giving a shit about Franco's presence until they could sponge a fancy dinner out of him, and Lucy's withering skepticism about his interest in Liz was delightful.

And on a more shallow note, Lynn Herring looked great.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6