Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh, Lord you had to remind me.  The whole fuckery of Nina/Franco is beyond stupid. Warp factor 11 levels...

NLG has been killing it this week.  Give the gal some meaty material and she'll bring it.

• Love 7
(edited)

So I actually watched the Q stuff from the last week or so. Oh, dear. I think I might end up hating Finn in the long run. That whole baby Teddy mess was just bad. The propping, the arrogance, UGH.  It was like he was Stone Cold Morgan, the way he just did what he wanted and the CHIEF OF STAFF let him. But then I only really liked him around Tracy anyway, and since the show would rather have Hayden being his cheerleader now, maybe it's a plus instead of a loss? Eh. Leslie Charleson is actually looking great these days, and she and Jane are  always a pleasure to see. But otherwise, I was kind of annoyed rather than entertained. I will say that the look Jane gave Chad at the "frail" comment was the best part of the whole mess. Perfect reaction from JE. But baby Teddy as Edward's namesake, WHAT? Um, no. That would be Ned. Your  real SON, Tracy.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 7

So Sam gets ONE text from her mother, who is accused of murder but whom Sam suspects is being set up by her father, and she's like "meh, guess she doesn't need me--I'll continue with my build-your-own-adventure holiday with Jason.  Worst daughter ever!

Actually, for once Sam has done the right thing and is on her way home.  Last we saw her she was at the airport, waiting for her flight and had texted Alexis that she was coming.  Jason's on his own trying to find NIk.  

(edited)

I'm enjoying reading here instead of watching.  I see Alexis isn't pregnant but Julian hasn't covered the stump since he was in the car with Alexis.  Hello Sam, Lucas and the new baby with Olivia.

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Love 1

Where, to my amazement, she did not run into either Nik or Ava

Well,, considering the pacing on this show it could still happen....2 weeks from next Tuesday.  In the same episode we'll have Jason still looking at Ava's earring in the shed and Alexis staring at the wire that she's supposed to wear "tomorrow".

• Love 4

Just finished up Friday a little bit ago, pretty boring overall although VA did a good job. Again though, I burst out laughing at Dr. Michael Easton. Guess he was calling on his past vampire lives, because that shit was out of control. Why are the women so much better than the men at acting? It isn't even close.

• Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Just finished up Friday a little bit ago, pretty boring overall although VA did a good job. Again though, I burst out laughing at Dr. Michael Easton. Guess he was calling on his past vampire lives, because that shit was out of control. Why are the women so much better than the men at acting? It isn't even close.

Cause a lot of the men are just FV's buddies who he lets coast or beefcake he chose.

ETA although that does remind me that I would love it if they would combine the emmy categories for even just one year. It's not a sport, it doesn't really make sense for men and women to have their own acting categories.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Actually, for once Sam has done the right thing and is on her way home.  Last we saw her she was at the airport, waiting for her flight and had texted Alexis that she was coming.  Jason's on his own trying to find NIk.  

In the previews for next week she shows up at a bar Jason is in and says she decided not to leave.

Thoughts on Thursday:

Countdown until Hayden's dead father shows up.

STFU to the dialog writer who thought they were clever for giving Freako the "I did no have sexual relations with that woman" line. 

That nurse needs to have her jaw wired shut. Or be killed. 

It's shameful that Kaka is the only single woman close to Dillon's age.

Anna's idea for Alexis to wear a wire is stupid. Why not just bug the house. 

Thoughts on Friday:

Heather and Freako didn't kill each other so that was a waste of screen time.

I'm not interested in a repeat of TJ's mommy issues. There was no reason to revisit this crap, especially since Shawn isn't even on the show anymore. 

I bet if Julian were to find out Alexis is wearing a wire and kills her Anna wouldn't even feel bad for encouraging her to do it.

Hayden needs to get a restraining order against Liez.

I like that Hayden can easily go down to the cells at the PCPD and inject Finn with drugs.There are jails in third world countries that have better security than this.  

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Hayden needs to get a restraining order against Liez.

When Hayden shows up at GH, she has no standing to complain about Liz being there.

I wish they'd just have those two ignore each other. It would be more interesting than the sniping they're doing now.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

When Hayden shows up at GH, she has no standing to complain about Liz being there.

She hasn't complained though; she's just asked Liz to leave her alone, which is fair. The hospital is a public place, and every time Hayden's in there, Liz stops working to interrogate her. That was reasonable when Liz found Hayden in the employee locker room, but Friday, Hayden was standing by the elevator and Liz speedwalks over and starts questioning her about why she's there, why she was in Finn's room at the MC, and what the secret is she's keeping for Finn. As far as I can tell, Hayden is ignoring Liz; it's Liz who's determined to keep this war going.

3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

It's shameful that Kaka is the only single woman close to Dillon's age.

Well, there's also Darby. No no, don't get up. I can see myself out.

• Love 11

Countdown until Hayden's dead father shows up.

Is he dead?  I thought he was just in prison.  

n the previews for next week she shows up at a bar Jason is in and says she decided not to leave.

I stand corrected.  We don't get previews anymore, so I hadnt seen that.  Now I want to punch her in the face.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, fishcakes said:

She hasn't complained though; she's just asked Liz to leave her alone, which is fair. The hospital is a public place, and every time Hayden's in there, Liz stops working to interrogate her. That was reasonable when Liz found Hayden in the employee locker room, but Friday, Hayden was standing by the elevator and Liz speedwalks over and starts questioning her about why she's there, why she was in Finn's room at the MC, and what the secret is she's keeping for Finn. As far as I can tell, Hayden is ignoring Liz; it's Liz who's determined to keep this war going.

Well, there's also Darby. No no, don't get up. I can see myself out.

No, I'm not wth them. What? You want me to leave too. LOL!!!

13 hours ago, Perkie said:

Is he dead?  I thought he was just in prison.  

I thought he was dead but I could be wrong. A lot of these newbies come on with a dead parent/sibling/spouse so it would be a safe assumption.

19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish they'd just have those two ignore each other. It would be more interesting than the sniping they're doing now.

Hayden has a right to complain when she's minding her own business and Liez comes up to her and starts harassing her. 

• Love 6

*small voice*  I kinda like Liz & Hayden's little bitchfests.  I really like both actresses and they work well off each other. Plus the fact they're both drop dead gorgeous IMO (bitches..;-)).  Alas they are saddled with the complete shit writing they give them...as well as everyone else.

• Love 3

If the spats were more than Hayden calling Liz's kids brats and Liz telling Hayden that Nik will dump her soon, I might find them less objectionable. But it's the same old crap. The scripts probably say "Use the dialogue from two days ago."

• Love 11
On 7/1/2016 at 3:22 PM, dubbel zout said:

Thanks, tvgoddess. What a terrible one to repeat, not that there's much to choose from to begin with. It's too bad they don't go into the archives for holiday repeats. 

I used to think that, too, especially as someone who's only been watching for a couple of years. But it's pretty clear from reading here that showing true classics would just highlight how very crappy it is now, hence the super-recent repeats.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Broken Ox said:

I used to think that, too, especially as someone who's only been watching for a couple of years. But it's pretty clear from reading here that showing true classics would just highlight how very crappy it is now, hence the super-recent repeats.

I don't even think they're thinking that far. Just probably too lazy to dig any deeper.

• Love 5

I think not showing real old episodes also has to do with money. I believe royalties have to be paid for whichever characters appear in any given episode, so the network probably doesn't want to have to pay folks that are no longer on the show...

• Love 6

The money can't be that much, but it's obviously more important that Huxley is around to torture Ava, and Claudette can come to town and take revenge on Nathan, or whatever nonsense she'll be doing. Priorities.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The money can't be that much

Maybe not, but considering money is at puddle levels now, budget wise, I can see ABC not wanting to pay folks who, perhaps, have not been on GH in 20 or 30 years, hence recent repeats.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't even think they're thinking that far. Just probably too lazy to dig any deeper.

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I think not showing real old episodes also has to do with money. I believe royalties have to be paid for whichever characters appear in any given episode, so the network probably doesn't want to have to pay folks that are no longer on the show...

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The money can't be that much, but it's obviously more important that Huxley is around to torture Ava, and Claudette can come to town and take revenge on Nathan, or whatever nonsense she'll be doing. Priorities.

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Maybe not, but considering money is at puddle levels now, budget wise, I can see ABC not wanting to pay folks who, perhaps, have not been on GH in 20 or 30 years, hence recent repeats.

I think that they show a recent episode, one that they think is particularly good, in the hopes of getting some lapsed viewers who are off for the holiday to tune in and become interested.  As misguided as it may be, it's a strategy. 

• Love 3
On 7/2/2016 at 2:47 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I can't help but continue to shudder about the way Carly tore into the unfortunate Kiki, accusing her of playing with Morgan's fragile recovery and emotions.

Hilarious watching the woman who played with A.J. Quartermaine's fragile recovery getting on her high horse to accuse someone else of doing it.  I can't decide if the writers have determined to make vile hypocrisy a major component of Carly's character or if they are just that stupid and tone-deaf.

• Love 14
(edited)
15 hours ago, backhometome said:

I wonder if Val celebrated her moms fav. holiday.

I hope she sent a greeting card to the Lantes...you know, to congratulate them on their new house and bed.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
9 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Hilarious watching the woman who played with A.J. Quartermaine's fragile recovery getting on her high horse to accuse someone else of doing it.  I can't decide if the writers have determined to make vile hypocrisy a major component of Carly's character or if they are just that stupid and tone-deaf.

Probably both

I think it's more the former—Carly has always been Carly-centric. Maybe it gets disguised as her being a fierce protector of her children, but it's always been all about Carly. 

As for "poor [Lauren]," well, she's willingly starting yet another relationship with Morgan. Dumbass. That applies to both of them.

• Love 5

It probably couldn't have been helped, but Claudette debuting the same day as Molly Burnett Maxie and Claudette's first scene being with her and not Kirsten Storms was weird.  If only they had put a pin in it.  Or, better still, not done this Claudette shit at all.

I will say that Bree Williamson looked good and it was nice to see her dressed like an adult because, towards the end of OLTL, they kept dressing Jessica like a teenager in weird cutoff tees and skinny jeans.

It would be nice if I could get Kevin and Laura WITHOUT Spencer.  Please and thank you, Show.

• Love 13
(edited)

It was disconcerting to hear a throaty Maxie instead of a squeaky one. Heh.

"I think the motive seems very obvious to me." There's a clunky sentence. That had to be a mistake, even if the meaning is clear.

Really, Show? We're going to present the idea that women work so they can get a man?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Really, Show? We're going to present the idea that women work so they can get a man?

I think this was a bad joke, we all know Crimson only has 3 employees.

Claudette seems promising, hopefully her shadiness will bring a little spunk back to Maxie. Maxie/Nathan are beyond boring so anything to torpedo them is a positive. 

I don't understand Nik's plan - wouldn't his death trigger some action on the island front. Would it not have to be sold off or passed on to Spencer, in which case wouldn't some guardian have to oversee the care of the property? Whatever, I'm sure I'm overthinking the logistics of this plan. It does make me wish Britt were hiding out on the island orchestrating a big welcome for Nik. They could be a fun couple as evil puppeteers.

Franco/Liz celebrating July 4 together is nauseating.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

It does make me wish Britt were hiding out on the island orchestrating a big welcome for Nik. They could be a fun couple as evil puppeteers.

Not gonna lie, I would have loved Britt basically being in Ava's place, having caught Nikolas faking his death and blackmailing him for funsies.

Speaking of Nikolas' nonsensical plan, so he apparently is going to send someone to get Spencer?  Meaning he's essentially going to let Laura et. al think Spencer has disappeared/run away/been kidnapped and leave them sick with guilt and worry?  What an asshole!  I really need Laura to belt him across the chops when she first sees him alive and douching.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

After constant exposure to the little asshole, his disappearance will probably come as a relief. She can tell people he's at camp with Liz's non-Jake kids.

Kevin: Hello, Laura.  Where's Spencer?

Laura: Beats me.  Oh my, what's this, a bottle of wine and two glasses!  Whatever shall we do...

• Love 10

So....I get that Tracy is grateful to Finn for supposedly helping to save her life and all...but this crap with her putting in all the legwork to get his job back, etc....no. I don't care if she gets a job at Kelly's flipping burgers, as long as it's about her. Enough propping.  Unless all this work to reinstate Finn is out of guilt because her subconscious knows what her active conscious does not: that she is the real killer. .

• Love 2

ngl I like Temp Maxie better than actual Maxie. I'm just tired of KS tbh. And I'm not hating Claudette/BW yet either. I liked all those scenes.

I also continue to like Temp Nik better than actual Nik and I am still really enjoying him and Ava together. That being said, seriously wtf at this relationship! Like they've known each other for literally two days maybe slow it down a bit.

KEVIN! The scenes sucked but still.

I used to think RoHo and BH had chem but tbh the Liz/Franco thing has become SO forced that I don't even see it anymore. The whole thing is just embarrassing.

I ffwd all the Jason/Sam stuff again. SO boring.

• Love 5

Why isn't Rebecca Budig doing more to get Nik's estate? Who is Spencer's guardian? Why am I not surprised there has been no followthrough of this sort since Nik's "death"?

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I ffwd all the Jason/Sam stuff again. SO boring.

It's painful to watch them think out loud.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am beyond over Tracy only been trotted out for Dr. Michael Easton propping purposes.  I also cannot with Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig.  So dumb and doomed.

Are they, though? Doomed, I mean. They sort of remind me of early JaSam in the sense of-they make each other more tolerable(if you like the pairing, that is), because if I recall correctly it wasn't until Sam and Jason started buddying up that the audience slowed down their wishes of Sam dying/leaving town. Kinda the same here, in a way. If Twitter is to be believed, that is. Because the general consensus seems to be that most had little to no use for one or both, but tolerate the two together. And yes they are boring-but so are JaSam, and look how long that's been going on. I don't think they are doomed. I think the writers pre planned them, and they aren't going away anytime soon.

• Love 1
(edited)

It doesn't help that I already disliked both characters before they weirdly veered into pairing them (I definitely smell a rewrite.  Rebecca Budig was panting for Nik one day and totally over him the next).  But like jsbt said before, this feels like an attempt to thrust two Soap Superstars From Other Soaps into a pairing (a la Franco and Nina) and it's just so uninteresting.

But I understand the phenomenon about which you speak, where a good pairing can make a character work where they didn't before.  That's kinda me with Kiki and Dillon.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
(edited)

No one can throw in a "I decided to go brunette for a while" with TempMaxie? She's okay, although she seems to be doing something funky with her mouth.

Ava and Nik stole Val and Dante's Fourth of July sweet talk.

Claudette and Maxie's "interview" was some pretty lame dialogue. 

Morgan is boring now. 

on a soap where the EP wasn't obsessed with one of the actors, yes, Hayden/Finn would be doomed. But if Valentini likes them, they will keep on going unless ratings force him to have Donna Mills stab Finn in the back again.

I am okay with TempNik . . . the one thing that keeps me from really liking him is his voice is kinda whiny at times. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I am okay with TempNik . . . the one thing that keeps me from really liking him is his voice is kinda whiny at times. 

TC's Nik was kind of whiny at times, so at least it's in character. Heh.

• Love 5

But like jsbt said before, this feels like an attempt to thrust two Soap Superstars From Other Soaps into a pairing (a la Franco and Nina) and it's just so uninteresting

Exactly, which is why I think it was all pre planned. Yes, it does feel rather jarring that Hayden was all about Nik one minute-but I think that's just that TC's sudden absence made them move their plans up a bit faster than they first imagined. I don't think they would have gone to such lengths to give Finn a connection to Hayden in the first place, otherwise-because her whole basis of interaction with him now is based on her guilt of what her father did, and that was introduced way before Nik disappeared.

on a soap where the EP wasn't obsessed with one of the actors, yes, Hayden/Finn would be doomed. But if Valentini likes them, they will keep on going unless ratings force him to have Donna Mills stab Finn in the back again.

I'd love to blame Frank, and yes it was his decision to give in and contact ME to come back. But the whole thing was set in motion because of that fan campaign. Apparently, there were quite a few signatures on that petition to get ME back. ME even met the fan who started it. So I blame that whole mess more than Frank, because I honestly believe had that not happened, ME would've stayed fired. He said himself that he didn't think he'd ever come back. And may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think ME is a pet-at least, if he is, he' s a second or third tier pet. I'd even put Finola above ME in Frank's eyes now. Rebecca Bu is a writer's pet, for sure. No idea how Frank feels about her.