Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've decided that Liz probably hates Hayden so much because she realizes how similar they actually are and she won't admit to herself that she sucks as a person.

Liz is ever-more creepy, isn't she? She's supposedly helping prove Jason innocent by fixing the blame on Hayden. Really it is just another example of besotted, fantasizing Liz pathetically hoping Jason will thank her enthusiastically with his whole heart and body.

I was nauseated again yesterday when sniveling Carly threw her aching body into Jason's arms and started grinding. She never misses a chance to cop a feel off Jason. Then she was rewarded with a distracted brotherly airkiss from the Dude hisself.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've decided that Liz probably hates Hayden so much because she realizes how similar they actually are and she won't admit to herself that she sucks as a person.

I loved BH's reading of that "..you're sweet" line yesterday in response to Rebecca Budig's snarky comment. I kinda like Hayden/Liz scenes (though they are ridiculous and hypocritical) because Liz gets to let her bitch flag fly with a character I don't like or care about instead of leaving it all pent up

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

I guess no one ever told Jason and Sam about the ghost humping if they think Nikolas would never leave Spencer behind.

You'd think one of the federal agents would tell Liz they don't need a Greek chorus.

"You're keeping something from me!" I wish Dr Easton reminded Carly that most people who have known each other for only three months usually keep many things from each other, let alone one.

Can they Mac Obrecht's accent please? 

"The rumors are wrong! My old hospital was wrong!" I c u actin' there, Michael Easton. I get it, you're not phoning it in, ten-four, good job.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, rur said:

I do wish Monica had told Carly to butt out of their conversation less politely. 

And I find it amusing* that Carly would think she had the right to insist on what type of treatment Lucas would get. As long as he's single and Bobby's alive, I believe the mother, adoptive or not, would still get "dibs." 

*just as I find it "amusing" that she thinks she has the right to assume she's the BFF of Dr. Michael Easton because he has a room in her hotel. I really would be happy to see her character FOAD.

Won't have worked. If Carly gets the slightest whiff of disrespect, even from a woman that she victimized by protecting the man that murdered her unarmed son, she will probably whine to Sonny and Sonny will come demanding an apology. Actually, scratch that. I would love for Sonny to face of against real!Monica and for Monica to get Alice to hold him down while Monica takes a cane or another heavy object and just beat the shit out him.

• Love 12

Spare me Jordan's dramatic pronouncement at the end of the show that the Feds had found such strong evidence to make her go straight to the DA to charge Jason with murder. Odds are that the "indisputable" evidence (even though there is no body) is random pubic hair or DNA from Jason that was transferred from Sam's dress and mixed with Nik's blood stains when she crawled on the rocks to find Nik's cufflink.

• Love 1
(edited)

I literally said 'this fucking bitch' when Liz got going on Hayden the other day after everyone left Wyndemere. And I do not give a fuck about Hayden. What drives me insane at this point is Liz's relentless, smug entitlement despite all the shit she has pulled and not made amends for. Flitting around Wyndemere like she owns the joint just because half the shit she and Nikolas have done over the last four years comes down to their ridiculous sublimated lust for each other and her ability to utilize it to get his loyalty. Whenever someone 'bad' is at Wyndemere, Liz is there - while still begging for favors from Nikolas - to tell them how terrible they are and how Nik will never want them in his life anymore.

The problem is, the show is almost certainly aware of this sentiment, and leverages this feeling about Liz to try to pull the audience to the side of Rebecca Budig. They've done it before over the years. I'd still rather watch Becky Herbst anyday, despite the fact that I have regularly gone between liking and hating Liz throughout her long GH tenure. But still: Jesus, Liz, shut the fuck up.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 19
(edited)

No one has made genuine amends for anything for a long time. (Maybe AJ, and he was murdered for his troubles.) It's exasperating and really frustrating.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 13

Elizabeth has always been loyal to a fault, so her taking up for Nik or Jason does not bother me in the least, especially because I know Nik/HayChel will stay a couple.  My girl just spent the last year as angst for JaSam and now the show has thrown her into Nik/HayChel and Franco/Nina mess in order to drum up some kind of fan support for those pairings.

Elizabeth should be following up on Jake's time at CI and let HayChel, Nina and Sam deal with their moron boyfriends.

• Love 4

Lucas lives alright. What now? Will he and Brad finally become REAL characters or do they return to the back burner appearing once every six months? I'm betting on the latter which will leave me SMH.

• Love 4

Aw, Laura made me cry. Partly because she was knocking it out of the park acting-wise, and partly because she was talking about a time when the show didn't suck 87% of the time.

Someone needs to drop a house on Liz. She genuinely feels no remorse for what she did to Jason and everyone who loves him or for helping Nik cover up an attempted murder, and you can tell she feels no remorse because when Hayden throws those things in her smirky face, she smirks even harder. Why isn't she the town pariah? I was promised PARIAH. Hmpf.

Brad and Carly both reminded me of this:

• Love 16

I hate when my faves. are boring. But thats what the JaSam scenes were. They were like 10 seconds long each.

What's unfortunate is there are MANY storylines they could have chosen for Jason/Sam. I mean, couldn't they at least have switched it up and had Sam be the one accused of murder? 

Why couldn't they have a story that involved Danny? This is the time that JaSam's story should be about their child. They're not single with no obligations anymore.

Or what about any of these options:

1. Jason decides to go back to the mob, which upsets Sam.
2. Jason is torn between his allegiances to Sonny and his family with Sam.
3. Sam is having difficulty trusting Jason's feelings after the Liz debacle.
4. Sam doesn't want to be around Liz, which causes problems for Jason in terms of Jake/Liz.
5. JaSam and Alexis have conflict over Nik.
6. JaSam have conflict over Julian.

Etc, etc.

• Love 7

I thought today was a good GH episode.  I liked pretty much everything, but my top favorite was Laura and Kevin.  I love the chemistry between Jon and Genie, and I really hope the writers take their time with these two (and that Jon is sticking around).  The fact that Jax is coming back too makes me a happy GH girl.  More vets are coming back.  They need to do more with Ned too.  

I thought Hayden and Elizabeth were fun in a soapy way.  Both women don't have a leg to stand on, morally or ethically.  So it was basically a fight where both were right and wrong in their positions.

I am enjoying Fin as a character more and more.  It's a perfect fit for ME - finally, and I am curious to know what the deal is with his drug of choice.  I also enjoy his snark.  

I think it was a good Friday.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam doesn't want to be around Liz

She doesn't, but for once they're writing two women able to dislike each other without constantly sniping and fighting. (For the most part—it's still GH.)

Dr. Mays is totally the hospital killer. I wish I cared.

"I've heard rumors that you used to be a man!" Oh, Monica. Way to be an asshole.

LOL that Finn being able to use a hypodermic needle means he's responsible for Lucas's coma, since there's no one else in the hospital who could possibly have that same know-how.

How does Laura not spend enough alone time with Spencer? She's practically raising him single-handedly. And ugh that she feels responsible for what happened to Nik. Rest easy, Laura. Nik's got plenty of his own actions to blame.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She doesn't, but for once they're writing two women able to dislike each other without constantly sniping and fighting. (For the most part—it's still GH.)

Eh, they completely screwed up the drama with Sam and Liz. They needed to have a REAL blowup on Sam's end that ultimately would lead to some kind of redemption for Liz months later. 

Right now it just looks like they wanted the audience to forget and move on. I don't buy Sam's maturity level about Liz and I don't buy Liz not feeling great remorse and regret about what she did to JaSam.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Eh, they completely screwed up the drama with Sam and Liz. They needed to have a REAL blowup on Sam's end that ultimately would lead to some kind of redemption for Liz months later. 

Right now it just looks like they wanted the audience to forget and move on. I don't buy Sam's maturity level about Liz and I don't buy Liz not feeling great remorse and regret about what she did to JaSam.

I certainly buy her not feeling remorse or regret because it's not the first time she's screwed with them. It's been shown more than once that if Liz gets a chance to screw with Jason and Sam, she will take it. If Jason's not in the picture Liz is nice and kind to Sam, but the second she feels Jason is up for grabs, she's working overtime to ruin Sam's life, and essentially justifying it by what Sam did to her 10 years ago. It's why I'm sick of the character. She's either the good girl or she's full on Nik at this point. Go one way or the other, but stop having her pull stuff like this only for her to run around acting like she's the victim of Jason and Sam, specifically Sam. I'd thoroughly enjoy Liz if they'd pick a side with her, but the way they've written her over the last several years has just about killed any good feelings I ever had for the character, and I used to love Liz.

• Love 11
(edited)

Griffin confuses me. He needs guidance on why Nathan was placed on his path? Something is missing. How is it that I thought Griffin was already very much familiar with Nathan? Did I overlook how strangely Griffin acted upon spying Maxie and Nathan during a marriage proposal and an engagement party?

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'd thoroughly enjoy Liz if they'd pick a side with her

IMO, I don't think the problem is picking a side, as in good vs. bad, because I'm fine with characters being gray and doing shady crap sometimes. I think the issue is the writers continuously using HER character to insert a specific kind of drama, whereas I believe a 20-year vet should be able to be have her own story and her own love interest by now away from an "interloper" tag.

Speaking of Liz, Hayden's mom looks like LIZ'S mom. Sigh.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

IMO, I don't think the problem is picking a side, as in good vs. bad, because I'm fine with characters being gray and doing shady crap sometimes. I think the issue is the writers continuously using HER character to insert a specific kind of drama, whereas I believe a 20-year vet should be able to be have her own story and her own love interest by now away from an "interloper" tag.

Speaking of Liz, Hayden's mom looks like LIZ'S mom. Sigh.

Are you sighing because you think she should have been cast as Liz's mom or because you think they're sisters?

• Love 1

I forgot to give extensive kudos to Genie Francis for her scenes with Kevin today.  No one does genuine emotion better than Genie, and I liked how she told Kevin about her history with Nikolas.  No, he should't have already known the story since Kevin and Laura don't travel in the same circles.  So it made sense that she had to relay the story to him, and watching Genie/Laura relive that painful part of her character's past was heartbreaking and wonderful.  As a long-time viewer, I remember when TC first showed up as Nikolas Cassadine with Lucky and Luke's reaction, Stefan's devotion, and the whole fantastic storyline.  It helps, of course, that TC and GF are still playing their roles, and I still love the characters.  

So yeah, kudos to Genie for those wonderful scenes, and I love that Kevin was there to help Laura.  More please.  Lots more.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Are you sighing because you think she should have been cast as Liz's mom or because you think they're sisters?

Bc she should have been Liz's mom.

I don't want Liz/HaydenRachelNaomi to be sisters, so of course they will be.

• Love 1

I'm annoyed that Liz is getting a mom through Hayden (I think so too) but it's still light years better than delusional chasing Jason Liz. I'm a little interested, even though I've never been a "bring Liz's parents on" advocate. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm annoyed that Liz is getting a mom through Hayden (I think so too) but it's still light years better than delusional chasing Jason Liz. I'm a little interested, even though I've never been a "bring Liz's parents on" advocate. 

Girl, anything is better than what they did to Liason.* And I say that with respect. Liz was never going to end up with Jason and she's just been wasting away as a character around him and Sam.

I'm curious to see where the Liz/Hayden stuff goes. I do think Budig and Becky work well together, so that's a plus.

*I found myself wanting Liz/Nik. That's what this show did to me. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Have I missed scenes where Liz has covered up/gotten rid of evidence that Nik put the hit out on Hayden? She asked him directly once, and he admitted it. The last I knew, all she can say is "Nik confessed to me." There's just her word, basically heresay. She hasn't obstructed justice or covered up evidence. 

Someone needs to drop a house on Liz. She genuinely feels no remorse for what she did to Jason and everyone who loves him or for helping Nik cover up an attempted murder,

1 hour ago, NetflixandChill said:

Ruin Sam's life? Isn't that a bit dramatic? Sam's own choices, from making her life all about Jason to moving herself and Danny in with Patrick and Emma when her heart wasn't in it...are what hurt Sam's life. Well, and Heather and Todd stealing baby Danny. But again, that opportunity happened as a result of Jason being a violent thug and jerk. 

Was Sam targeting Liz's kids/watching Jake get kidnapped, and throwing herself at Lucky (then Liz's husband) really 10 years ago?? Wow. 

but the second she feels Jason is up for grabs, she's working overtime to ruin Sam's life, and essentially justifying it by what Sam did to her 10 years ago. It's why I'm sick of the character. 

• Love 2

Boy, Sam was REALLY not getting it when Jason was trying to say Nikolas staged the whole thing.  He really should've just used those volumes of post-its and acre of wall space to spell it out to the crackerjack private investigator, when maybe she'd understand.

That fight between Liz and Hayden was just cringe-worthy.  At least Carly/Ava looked like they could hurt each other.  These two looked like the last two four-graders not picked for dodgeball going at it.

• Love 1

I really wish Hayden would've beat Liez's ass into the ground and then told the feds about Nik having her shot and Liez covering it up. This bitch has really lost her damn mind, or what was left of it. 

Parry Shen was very bad. Please stop giving him emotional scenes to play. 

It would be great if Sam/Jason got something to do that didn't involve Nik's bitch ass. If the writers wanted to give them a mystery to solve why not have them help Carly find out where Joss' kidney came from. 

• Love 13

Kevin and Laura are pretty great. I could see why Laura is always forgiving of Nik's douchy behavior lately. More of them and the vets please. 

Jason having a brain and figuring out that Nik staged the whole thing? Interesting.

Liz and Hayden on the floor was comedy hour. 

Still digging Finn and Carly. Keep them as friends please.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Bc she should have been Liz's mom.

I don't want Liz/HaydenRachelNaomi to be sisters, so of course they will be.

Meh. Sisters would be hard to believe. Liz was the youngest Webber sibling. But I would buy Rachel and Liz being cousins. Just have the never named Mrs. Webber be Rachel's mother's sister. Or even cousins. Liz and Rachel not knowing about their blood ties can just be chalked up to Liz's mother hating the adult her sister/cousin grew up to be and knew that her brother in law/cousin's husband was a scumbag con artist.  So she cut ties with that branch of her family.

• Love 2
(edited)

Random: Is Olivia still on this show? Is she still on contract?

I think she is; she's just so far on the back burner that she's behind the stove. To the best of my recollection, she was last seen when Ned came back to town on brainworm vigil, and he and Olivia had a scene at the restaurant and he asked after Leo.  

I was looking at Lisa LoCicero's Twitter, and she's at the point of re-Tweeting the "Where is Olivia?" and "Give us more Olivia" sentiments. Someone wants her plopped into the current Julian story, having psychic visions of him stabbing Carlos, or whatever. So I think she wants to work more. The character is one I could always take or leave. I only hate Olivia when they make her cartoonishly boorish (barging in at Julexis's with the gigantic picture for the mantle, for example). But I kind of like LLC herself, based on her posts. 

I belatedly caught the last two shows of the week, and you folks weren't kidding about Maxie's screwed-up foundation on Thursday. That was bad. It was so light that she looked like a movie version of a walking dead person. I kept expecting Dr. Sydney Pollack from Death Becomes Her to enter the hospital room and tell her her body temperature was below 80 and her heart had stopped beating.   

Also, while I'm bagging on the show for its general junkiness...look, I get the reason they're filming outdoors a lot. I sympathize. I have no problem with cost-cutting; whatever works. I'm even willing to forgive the harsh look the sunlight gives the actors, although Kelly Monaco in particular was done no favors. But can't they find a better cheap location than that seedy, overgrown "park" "set"? The worst is when they have people walking along the path and you can see residences, and it looks as much like upstate New York as it looks like Tanzania.  

The actual stories going on right now, though, are surprisingly okay when Sonny isn't on. There are things I'm tuning in to see, and some pleasant surprises. Rebecca Budig and Michael Easton had some nice dry-as-a-bone repartee going in their Wyndemere scene, and I approved of the chemistry. And I love every RB and Becky Herbst scene. I'd welcome a long-lost-relatives reveal, actually.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 11
(edited)

The actual stories going on right now, though, are surprisingly okay when Sonny isn't on. There are things I'm tuning in to see, and some pleasant surprises. Rebecca Budig and Michael Easton had some nice dry-as-a-bone repartee going in their Wyndemere scene, and I approved of the chemistry. And I love every RB and Becky Herbst scene.

I guess that the only good thing about Sonny/MB is that his absence makes every other story all the better by comparison.  What I really would like is to watch an episode without Sonny, Carly, or Jason making an appearance.  It would be such an improvement, I don't see why any of these actors are highlighted.  YMMV.

I forgot to mention how wonderful Laura is and so is Kevin (away from Lucy).  And I enjoyed Spencer this week.  Drones are a perfect hobby for this kid.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 6

So the Feds are there to find the diamonds and anything else incriminating but after searching the house for five minutes they find one piece of paper and leave?.  Why aren't they still searching the house for the diamonds?  

If Spencer is in on Niks disappearance he's doing a poor job of hiding it.  His non concern would be a red flag for anyone who truly knows him.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Rebecca Budig and Michael Easton had some nice dry-as-a-bone repartee going in their Wyndemere scene, and I approved of the chemistry.

I'm glad someone else was into it so I'm not alone in my shame!

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

So the Feds are there to find the diamonds and anything else incriminating but after searching the house for five minutes they find one piece of paper and leave?.

Sure, it took Jason 7 minutes to get upstairs, but it only takes the Feds 2 minutes to search the entire estate. Don't be silly!

1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

What is the name of RB's character?   Rachel,  Hayden, or Naomi?   Why does she have three names?  

Her real name is Rachel and Hayden is the fake name she was using when she pretended to be Jake Doe's wife. I don't remember the Naomi story.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I think she is; she's just so far on the back burner that she's behind the stove. To the best of my recollection, she was last seen when Ned came back to town on brainworm vigil, and he and Olivia had a scene at the restaurant and he asked after Leo. 

I think she might be recurring now actually; I was looking at an episodes count list and she wasn't on at all in May and I think only one episode in April. LLC is listed as contract in  the credits but so is Tequan Richmond and he's definitely not, so that might not mean she's on contract. Plus, between Bree Williamson and Hayden's mom and ME coming back something had to give. If she's on contract it's a John York style one he had for his last couple years under Guza probably.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, twoods said:

Kevin and Laura are pretty great. I could see why Laura is always forgiving of Nik's douchy behavior lately. More of them and the vets please. 

I loved that they had her articulate her decades-long feelings of guilt in regard to Nikolas (and kudos for an accurate interpretation of history) and how that informs the way she acts with him.  Genie can still bring it with the tears and wobbly voice.  And I loved Kevin acting as both friend and therapist. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I really wish Hayden would've beat Liez's ass into the ground and then told the feds about Nik having her shot and Liez covering it up.

Then Hayden wouldn't have anything to hold over Nik's head. If she could separate Liz from Nik's part, Hayden would have said something ages ago.

11 hours ago, twoods said:

I could see why Laura is always forgiving of Nik's douchy behavior lately.

I don't know. I get her guilt for leaving him with the Cassadines when she escaped, but Nik is an adult now. His actions are his responsibility. And it's not as if she left because she didn't want Nik. She'd been kidnapped and raped by a lunatic and was being held hostage on an island. She's had a fair bit of trauma herself. Nik has had enough experience with his family to understand. 

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The worst is when they have people walking along the path and you can see residences, and it looks as much like upstate New York as it looks like Tanzania.  

We joked on OLTL that the Llanview University outdoor set was Rest Stop U. This is kind of the reverse of that.

• Love 4

But can't they find a better cheap location than that seedy, overgrown "park" "set"?

Seriously.  I keep getting taken out of scenes by that extremely ugly chain link monstrosity of a fence in the background.  At least when AMC started doing outdoor park shoots it actually looked like a park.

I now have two potential pairings I like.  Dillon and Kiki/Lauren (dump the nickname, hon!) and Laura / Kevin.  I can't remember the last time that happened.  And Hayden / Finn had a decent start; I liked the banter.

Good for Leslie C.  I think she's been on more the last two months than she has in the last two years. And they're doing crossover with both her professional and personal life (Tracy, Danny.)  I wonder what happened with her judge boyfriend.

They're not doing the best (ha!) job writing Hospital Murder Mystery but at least it is a hospital story that involves several doctors.  Trying to be thankful for small favors here.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Then Hayden wouldn't have anything to hold over Nik's head. If she could separate Liz from Nik's part, Hayden would have said something ages ago.

If Nik (and Liez) gets sent to prison before they can divorce I would think Hayden would have free reign over what's left of Nik's assets. At the very least she would be able to file a civil lawsuit against him. 

• Love 4

Hayden also lurves Nik, so she's torn between wanting to fleece him for everything he's got (left) and standing by him and helping him rebuild. Hayden. GURL. You've got Curtis right there in front of you. Why are you pining for the snot-nosed prince who TRIED TO KILL YOU?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, amaranta said:

I keep getting taken out of scenes by that extremely ugly chain link monstrosity of a fence in the background.  At least when AMC started doing outdoor park shoots it actually looked like a park.

I thought I saw two huge white trailers parked a few feet away beyond the fence...they looked like the kind of trailers that stars use to change clothes, rest etc during a shoot on a movie. Maybe they belonged to some of the GH cast? If so what a jolt to the GH audience to take us out of the mood.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Genie can still bring it with the tears and wobbly voice.

OMG let's face it. Genie's tears and shaky voice are her main acting chops. Mostly she fades into the background with her nervous goody two shoes demeanor, except when she can dissolve into tears.

• Love 1

Her real name is Rachel and Hayden is the fake name she was using when she pretended to be Jake Doe's wife. I don't remember the Naomi story.

Rachel was her name. She legally changed it to Hayden to escape the notoriety of being daughter of fake Bernie Maddoff. Naomi is her mother's name.

• Love 1