Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

There was a framed photo of a cat on Anna's desk. Make of that what you will

I've noticed that picture in Anna's house the last couple of times she's been on that set. I don't think it's a cat though - isn't it a dog?

Molly needs to STFU immediately. Life isn't black and white my little idealist. 

It's especially annoying watching her basically bad mouthing her mom and then sitting there using her mom and Julian's home to get free laundry done. Though I suppose it's realistic since many college kids are disrespectful to their parents and yet feel free to use their homes and/or mothers as personal laundromats/laundresses.

It was so stupid when she whined about Alexis "turning a blind eye to murder." What do you think she was doing when she represented good old Uncle Sonny? And unless Molly plans on spitting on or lecturing Uncle Sonny or Jason, who she usually fawns over, every time she sees them she can shut up about how wrong it is to turn a blind eye to murder.

Anna, you tried to murder Carlos and were planning on skipping town with your mobster boyfriend who had earlier put a hit on an undercover federal agent. Maybe tone down your self righteousness.

This drives me crazy about her. She can still want to "get justice for Duke" (goddamn I am sick of hearing that phrase) but she really is no better than Alexis in that respect. She was perfectly willing to put aside Duke trying to kill Jordan and all of his other crimes to accept that he would quit the life and try to run away with him, but Alexis is horrible for standing by her man. She can still want justice for him without acting like Duke was this perfect, innocent little lamb. The only difference between Julian and Duke is that when Julian hired someone to kill someone he didn't hire someone who was too incompetent to get the job done.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 16
(edited)

+1 for your Anna and Molly comments, @FilmTVGeek80 . I want Molly murdered to be perfectly honest. I have never been able to stand her. And her top today was hideous!

I am so fucking tired of Anna. I literally can not stand her smug ass anymore. HATE!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

I really want to revive Duke just so Carlos can kill him again.    I hate him so much.   He's like become Tea Delgado in the 90s to me and I just want Todd and Blair back together.   Except I'll never ever like Duke again and there is no RJ.  I'd rather watch another episode of TG talking to himself than hear about justice for Duke.  

• Love 3

Sometimes I get the feeling that someone on the writing staff wants us to hate Anna, obsessive JUSTIS4DOOK!1!! zeal and all, and that thought plus FH's innate awesomeness is what makes me not hate her.  But it's hard at times.  Even FH can only transcend so much fuckery.

Thick Maxie, a.k.a. Nurse Amy Driscoll, was a little...much...for her first appearance, but it does occur to me that we don't really have a busybody character right now.  It should actually be Maxie (it used to be, what, Felix and Brad?), and she's probably the closest to it, but she's kind of swallowed up by all things Tree.  And Thick Maxie's a hospital character, which is a good thing.  So hey--as long as we're not losing anybody by gaining her, I'm okay with Thick Maxie.

Dr. Xerox, IIRC, kept referring to "the person" that shot him at some point.  Whoop de frickin' doo.  But since Nathan obviously is "the person," this implies that Nathan has no idea who Dr. Xerox is...or rather who he is now.  It doesn't mean he's Claudette (though I'm starting to come around to the idea that the show's toying with that, or at least trolling us about it), but there has to have been some plastic surgery in Griffin Munro's past for whatever reason.

Molly was the first one to openly question Alexis's ideals/ethics WRT defending Carlos (the second being Anna, since Sonny is disqualified for about two dozen reasons), but her doubling down on it today to Kristina was a little weird.  Mainly because of that crack about no sex possibly being good enough to justify it, which seemed to me like a weird nod to Julexis's hyperactive sex life (which oddly has been nonexistent since their honeymoon, come to think of it), but as ulkis noted she continued to paint Sonny and Duke (mostly the former) as his victims.  And that never works right.

And as for Franco and Liz at Wyndemere...

• Franco and Liz at Wyndemere.
  • Franco, his face uncovered.
  • Liz, her brow furrowed.
  • Franco, his hand open.
  • Jason, fist clenched and voice raised.
  • Liz, her eyes bright!
  • Franco, upon the river.
  • Franco and Amy at General Hospital.
  • Franco, his eyes lowered.
  • Liz, her eyes lowered.
  • Love 5
(edited)

I refuse to hate Anna.  REFUSE.  Suck on that, writers.  It probably helps that I'm not even hate-watching now, just hate-following along on these forums.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Bill C. said:

Dr. Xerox, IIRC, kept referring to "the person" that shot him at some point.  Whoop de frickin' doo.  But since Nathan obviously is "the person," this implies that Nathan has no idea who Dr. Xerox is...or rather who he is now.  It doesn't mean he's Claudette (though I'm starting to come around to the idea that the show's toying with that, or at least trolling us about it), but there has to have been some plastic surgery in Griffin Munro's past for whatever reason.

I don't think there was necessarily surgery; maybe Nathan just shot him while he was in the dark, or running away. I could picture Griffin doing something dopey like wearing a mask even to meet his married lover (a normal one, not a plastic one that perfectly imitates another person).

• Love 3

That would be so goofily dumb...but I could see him doing it.  Plastic surgery's the more likely go-to, however...which does for better or worse also bleed over into the whole Griffin-is-Claudette theory...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bill C. said:

Sometimes I get the feeling that someone on the writing staff wants us to hate Anna, obsessive JUSTIS4DOOK!1!! zeal and all, and that thought plus FH's innate awesomeness is what makes me not hate her.  But it's hard at times.  Even FH can only transcend so much fuckery.

Thick Maxie, a.k.a. Nurse Amy Driscoll, was a little...much...for her first appearance, but it does occur to me that we don't really have a busybody character right now.  It should actually be Maxie (it used to be, what, Felix and Brad?), and she's probably the closest to it, but she's kind of swallowed up by all things Tree.  And Thick Maxie's a hospital character, which is a good thing.  So hey--as long as we're not losing anybody by gaining her, I'm okay with Thick Maxie.

Molly was the first one to openly question Alexis's ideals/ethics WRT defending Carlos (the second being Anna, since Sonny is disqualified for about two dozen reasons), but her doubling down on it today to Kristina was a little weird.  Mainly because of that crack about no sex possibly being good enough to justify it, which seemed to me like a weird nod to Julexis's hyperactive sex life (which oddly has been nonexistent since their honeymoon, come to think of it), but as ulkis noted she continued to paint Sonny and Duke (mostly the former) as his victims.  And that never works right.

And as for Franco and Liz at Wyndemere...

• Franco and Liz at Wyndemere.
  • Franco, his face uncovered.
  • Liz, her brow furrowed.
  • Franco, his hand open.
  • Jason, fist clenched and voice raised.
  • Liz, her eyes bright!
  • Franco, upon the river.
  • Franco and Amy at General Hospital.
  • Franco, his eyes lowered.
  • Liz, her eyes lowered.

I will be pissed if they pair Elizabeth romantically with Franco!  Nooooooooooo!

• Love 2

I thought spoilers were saying that Claudette had been cast therefore, she isn't Griffin.

Rumours are that Griffin is an ex priest so is it possible that Claudette consulted a priest to discuss her green card marriage and that ended in a fling, with Nathan shooting Griffin and doesn't recognize him as the man he shot.  Which would explain why Griffin feels he deserved to be shot and why Obrecht thinks Nathan would go to jail if the truth about claudette came out.

Or have I overthought the whole thing?!!

• Love 3
(edited)

I just can't help but feel that Griffin and "Claudette" are one and the same. Who cares about Claudette's lover running into Nathan and basically forgiving and forgetting about Nathan almost killing him? If Griffin isn't going to pursue revenge or justice against Nathan then there's nothing further to tell about this story at all. But if he's Claudette, Nathan shot a woman he claimed to love, which won't sit well with Maxie once she finds out. Maxie adores Griffin, so there would be all sorts of complications arising from that too!

Edited by Syndicate
38 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

I just can't help but feel that Griffin and "Claudette" are one and the same. Who cares about Claudette's lover running into Nathan and basically forgiving and forgetting about Nathan almost killing him?

Who cares about Claudette period. 

That said, still don't think she and Griffin are one and the same.  Especially given what Griffin said today about feeling like he deserved to get shot.  Having a transgender character say they deserved to get shot for being transgender would be quuuite the mistake.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Who cares about Claudette period. 

That said, still don't think she and Griffin are one and the same.  Especially given what Griffin said today about feeling like he deserved to get shot.  Having a transgender character say they deserved to get shot for being transgender would be quuuite the mistake.

I don't think Nathan would have shot her for being transgender, he shot her for cheating on him. I remember Nathan telling Maxie that if she didn't want a marriage that emulated his marriage to Claudette, he quoted "DON'T CHEAT ON ME!" Claudette cheated and he got furious and shot her!

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

If Griffin really is Claudette, does that mean that Duke has a birth daughter in stead of a son.

Perhaps! Quite frankly, I think they're moving Griffin into too many directions at once. Today, we also got scenes in which Sam seemed to have thought that she's met Griffin before. I wonder what that was all about?

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

Perhaps! Quite frankly, I think they're moving Griffin into too many directions. Today, we also got scenes in which Sam seemed to have thought that she's met Griffin before. I wonder what that was all about?

I think it was just the Duke connection.  I liked their scenes together, Matt seemed a little more relaxed and natural today.   And I love that Sam is all Team Alexis.  Fuck Julian. 

Oh Franco, STFU and die. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

+1 for your Anna and Molly comments, @FilmTVGeek80 . I want Molly murdered to be perfectly honest. I have never been able to stand her. And her top today was hideous!

I am so fucking tired of Anna. I literally can not stand her smug ass anymore. HATE!

Add me too. Anna truly made me stabby today! As far as Alexis knows Julian left the mob. So how is that different that what she is so indignant about? She is mad Duke was murdered for being a mobster when he was leaving the mob. So she is saying yes he was a bad person BUT HE CHANGED so he is now not so bad and shouldn't have been murdered. And truly if whinney bawl baby Ava could have handled her own shit Julian would still be out of the mob. Anna should have just looked in the mirror and said all that to herself. There aren't enough seats for Anna to have today!

I think Dr Duke's son was probably a priest having an affair with Claudette and Nathan shot him never seeing his face. This would be a secret that would make Maxie very upset b/c Nathan is supposed to be a very honorable man shooting a priest would be dishonorable plus never telling her. This would also be bad for Nathan and Dante's relationship b/c Anna would be up in arms about Duke's son having been almost killed too.

New nurse nasty all of a sudden eating the show is so she can be victim #1 probably followed closely by Brad as victim #2(fingers crossed) so Jason can lead the pitchfork parade against Franco only to later learn Finn killed them due to missing pills and MY PRECIOUS(the lab).

• Love 4

Anna needs an intervention.  She has conveniently forgotten that Duke was a mobster who was in the midst of a mob war.  If Duke had not been ordering hits on the Jerome Family, Julian would not have put out a hit on him.  Julian had been wanting peace between the families but Duke was obsessing over the death of his and Anna's unborn child.  Julian was not involved in the incident the caused the fetus' death, his sister Olivia was responsible, and Julian killed Olivia.  Duke was not a good man.  He was a criminal and a murderer.  He loved the mob lifestyle more than he loved you.  

I don't know who in Port Charles could participate in the intervention since they all have drunk the Sonny/Duke is a good man Kool-Aid.  Maybe some of the citizens of Beechers Corner could run it. 

• Love 10

AJ is the new Mayor of Beechers Corner.  He would run the intervention,  but clearly he's run out of fucks to give.  Monica and Tracy meet him for brunch to laugh about it weekly though.  #showinmyhead  

I'm glad BH's contract bs is settled.  She was goregous today.  I loved her outfit and makeup.  It almost distracted me from Jason being a massive douche.  Blah, blah, blah I'm Jason blah blah I wear black leather jackets and grumble.  

I still don't think Griffin is Duke's son.   He's playing everyone.  Also, Anna needs to shut up.  How does she have a LE job?  She's facing trial for attempted murder.  Ugh.  

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Anna needs to shut up.  How does she have a LE job?  She's facing trial for attempted murder.  Ugh.  

Oh, I forgot about that.  Well, since she is now mobbed up with Sonny, normal rules of law don't apply.  She is one of the "good attempted murderers." and the governor has probably pardoned her too.

• Love 3

Wasn't Julian responsible for or aware that  Duke was sitting in a Turkish prison for decades for something he hadn't done? I can't remember whether Julian or Faison was responsible but Julian had some line that implies that he'd known about it  

• Love 2

Re Claudette: I thought TPTB would have learned their lesson with Nina and how she was introduced to us. 

15 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I will be pissed if they pair Elizabeth romantically with Franco!  Nooooooooooo!

I've been beaten down and don't really care if they couple them up. Whatev. At the very least Franco will give Audrey a break from baby-sitting. Not to mention it'll bug the shit out of Jason : )

• Love 3

I'm guessing "my son" will be the next drinking game phrase after "justice for Duke" is finally retired.  Nice of Jason to only include Elizabeth in "my son"'s parentage when he was trying to convince her of something.  Otherwise it was "my, my, my, my, MINE!'  Very caveman-esque.

• Love 6
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

I've been beaten down and don't really care if they couple them up. Whatev. At the very least Franco will give Audrey a break from baby-sitting. Not to mention it'll bug the shit out of Jason : )

I mean, it will bug Jason but i don't think that's worth the damage it'll do to Liz's character.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

I have mixed opinions about that new nurse the other day, but  GH  trying to build back up their hospital sector is a good thing. 

Speaking about Griffin/Claudette/Nathan, I think this storyline can only maintain my interest if they go down the transgender route. I couldnt help but feel lije the show was at least trolling us with the idea with those shirtlesa locker room scenes with Griff and Nathan.

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I mean, it will bug Jason but i don't think that's worth the damage it'll do to Liz's character.

Not that I want them to try, but is it possible to further damage the character? Make her have Sonny's baby? 

• Love 2

I'm falling behind with no desire to catch up. And some stuff I'm actually mildly interested in or wouldn't mind seeing (Sante - I get excited whenever they have scenes together, not because I ship them I just like them interacting and it's so rare). But it just all seems like an effort. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Wasn't Julian responsible for or aware that  Duke was sitting in a Turkish prison for decades for something he hadn't done? I can't remember whether Julian or Faison was responsible but Julian had some line that implies that he'd known about it  

The show said that "The Jeromes" were responsible, but never said specicially which one. But Victor and Olivia were dead t that point, and Ava wasn't involved, so that leaves Julian.

They did also show Julian relishing in the idea of Duke in that prison for decades and mocking Duke for it at one point.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

Griffin is still SO boring to me. Which is weird bc the actor is sooo funny on social media and seems like a cool dude. But on-screen, he's such a dud. He has no personality. I blame the writing. Even that scene with Sam and his "I'm not one to judge" BS made me laugh. I'm surprised Sam wasn't like, "Hey! That's my line!" Snooze. Glad he got a haircut, though.

I'll never understand why every single story is so doom and gloom. Intentional humor and lightness are not bad things. Even when they try to be funny there's something desperate about it.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think it's doom and gloom. Boring, but not doom and gloom. I think there is humor, but it's just weak. I think it feels more light-hearted than it did under Guza and especially those few wrist-slitting months of Garin Wolf, but under Guza they slipped in wittier lines among the "ruins of war" or whatever the eff Guza called the theme of GH. Plus Tony Geary had more room to ad-lib, which was, imo, helped.

28 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Griffin is still SO boring to me. Which is weird bc the actor is sooo funny on social media and seems like a cool dude.

So's Chad, but it doesn't translate to Michael (imo), so I do blame the actor a little bit. I blame 75% on the fact that they have to do everything in one take, and 25% on MC. I've heard from people who have watched him on Supernatural he isn't amazing but he can do better than this.

Not that any of the characters, especially the men, are excitement city at the moment. The most exciting man on the show right now for me is Dr. Finn. How? How did this happen? So bizarre.

2 hours ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

Not that I want them to try, but is it possible to further damage the character? Make her have Sonny's baby? 

Levi comes back and she sleeps with him? 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

He's so pasty white. I'm not a huge fan of the spray tan, but when the other option is this? Keep your shirt on, please.

Him and Nathan do NOTHING for me and I'm pretty sure the show would gasp at that.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Him and Nathan do NOTHING for me and I'm pretty sure the show would gasp at that.

Nathan once did something briefly for me when he wore a nice black coat with the collar up. I know, it wasn't when he was stripped down to his underwear, I'm a freak, can Frank believe it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm guessing "my son" will be the next drinking game phrase after "justice for Duke" is finally retired.  Nice of Jason to only include Elizabeth in "my son"'s parentage when he was trying to convince her of something.  Otherwise it was "my, my, my, my, MINE!'  Very caveman-esque.

Michael will be sad.  He was the Original MySon.   Poor Michael doesn't even have that going for him.   CD must have voodoo dolls of Mo and BC in his condo.  I believe in you, Chad.  

• Love 1

Is it me or is the propping of Sonny at an all-time high, even moreso than the Guza years?  Are none of his kids allowed to do anything without stopping by to gush about how much they love him, as Kristina did today?  Did these writers not remember that conflict between parents and children is a soap cornerstone?  I really cannot fucking stand it.

On the other hand, the callback to Carly having been a student nurse like a bajillion years ago did get a chuckle out of me.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is it me or is the propping of Sonny at an all-time high, even moreso than the Guza years?  Are none of his kids allowed to do anything without stopping by to gush about how much they love him, as Kristina did today?  Did these writers not remember that conflict between parents and children is a soap cornerstone?  I really cannot fucking stand it.

On the other hand, the callback to Carly having been a student nurse like a bajillion years ago did get a chuckle out of me.

Yes it's ridclous.I Remeber Lee and scottys conflicts lasting decades and this Aaron guy I already hate for being a Sonny fan boy.

I really hate this show for making me hate Anna and Sonny stuff about getting Justice.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah. jsbt said it better than I could here:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/4122-gh-in-the-news-the-pc-press-club/?page=126#comment-1406723

( last paragraph is mine, the quote brackets are not fuctioning for me.

Oddly enough, I think Ron was actually far more of that less adoring opinion about Sonny than some other HWs.

The issue, insane and schizophrenic as it is, is that Bob Guza's writing team had the balls to write Sonny as being all of those things - spiritually bereft and crippled by his choices for his ambition over his heart - in a much more in-depth way. Those were skilled writers who understood Sonny's fundamental flaw even as Guza still revered the mob. You could say they wallowed in it.

Ron's people, by comparison, are less interested in the mob, yet I think they treat Sonny and the mob very superficially, with a lack of that depth. I don't think they care much for that scene, but they're forced to write it on some level, so it largely is very safe or cartoonish pablum that satisfies a segment of the audience: Sonny the lothario! Sonny the man of action! Sonny with ladies and babies! Good ol' Sonny! I think sometimes they've been infused with passion to write for Sonny as a wrongdoer, but I don't think they've ever fully understood, or at least conveyed on the page, his true wrongness. They've come close a time or two, then defaulted back to 'he's not so bad though!' It's just tourist-y. And in a way, that's kind of worse, if that makes some sense.

I think, if you insert JP/SA for "Ron", it's just more of the same. I don't think they want to write Sonny the mobster, but Frank or whoever is telling them to (apparently JP is very anti-guns), so we're stuck with it. I think we can blame Guza for this. This is the legacy he left and for some reason they think they have to keep Sonny in the mob now. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Sonny really is a sadistic monster. I think that he gets off on threatening to kill people. And what gives him the right to go into the jail and why is the guard out of hearing range.

• Love 3

And why is Carlos suddenly so terrified. I think he even gave a bleat of terror when Sonny first approached.  Is someone behind the scenes not happy with smug and confident Carlos? Because Carlos suddenly trembling before the sight and sound of Sonny was very odd.  This show clings to "Sonny is TERRIFYING" like a child clutching their binky.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Vella said:

And why is Carlos suddenly so terrified. I think he even gave a bleat of terror when Sonny first approached.  Is someone behind the scenes not happy with smug and confident Carlos? Because Carlos suddenly trembling before the sight and sound of Sonny was very odd.  This show clings to "Sonny is TERRIFYING" like a child clutching their binky.

It's annoying Sonny is hardly scary.

• Love 1

It cracks me up that all it takes for Sonny to like someone is to for them blow smoke up his ass. He's such a child. 

LOL at Finn's reaction to Carly once being a student nurse. His expression was a skeptical "Really?" Hee. 

13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

for some reason they think they have to keep Sonny in the mob now. 

I really wish they'd end the mob in PC. It's so played out. If we have to have Sonny vs. Julian, why not have Sonny go after Derek Walls Media? There can be shenanigans without involving guns and piers and all of that dumb, boring stuff. 

I never thought I'd write this, but STFU, Anna. Just STFU.

Ugh, Alexis and Julian. They're pathetic.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up that all it takes for Sonny to like someone is to for them blow smoke up his ass. He's such a child. 

LOL at Finn's reaction to Carly once being a student nurse. His expression was a skeptical "Really?" Hee. 

I thought Carly was a physical therapist trainee, as opposed to a student nurse.

• Love 1

Decent performance by NLG, but I felt like poor de Vry was gonna get his eye poked out with those nails of hers.

Aaron's nasally voice is very unappealing to my ears.

God bless Jeff Parise for playing Carlos scared of Sonny as cartoonishly as possible. He's in on the joke.

Is it possible that the minion who visited Carlos in the cell took it upon himself to kill the witness without Julian's permission? And Julian just wanted to drop him off on a farm somewhere or just have him caught taking drugs so no one would take him seriously?

Next time Carly mentions that she lets him keep a lizard, Dr Finn should just book another hotel. And what was up with her listing his many fine qualities? She's known him for two minutes!

Woot, Griffin is staying overnight at Anna's. I'm trying here, people.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, and the frequent appearance of the badger in Sonny's office just proves to me everyone over there is in on the joke.

I must say the look on Finn's face was pretty good when Carly mentioned being a student nurse/physical therapist etc.

• Love 4