Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Unless RH is growing out his hair to 1993 length, this look is absolutely horrible.

I can't get past his hair. It is literally THE WORST. Before we get rid of him, I want to tie him to the floor and take a razor to his head. He can donate his hair to Morgan.

• Love 4

Um Sonny maybe your daughter didn't want to tell you about this because your first thought is to 'fix' the professor.

I am not sure Alexis is going to be cool with everythiing. Yes if this was just a normal situation with Kristina questioning her sexuality like if the other woman was Kiki for example, Alexis would probably be supportive and not have a problem. However, this is a different situation. I can almost believe if the professor was a man, Alexis could buy that Kristina had a crush or was infatuated and made the offer because Kristina has a history with men where she does kind of reckless things. I think with Parker being a woman, an older woman in a position of authority, Alexis may think that Parker took advantage of Kristina who was vulnerable from the break up that was brought up this ep again. Parker showing up at Alexis' house and going along with Kristina's lie doesn't help as well.

And Crimson doesn't just exist in Port Charles?  Whatever, show.  <rme>

Seriously.  Nina was like, "We'll throw the pages out of airplanes in our major markets!" and I was like, "What major markets care about the real women who all live in one city in upstate New York?".  

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Seriously. Nina was like, "We'll throw the pages out of airplanes in our major markets!" and I was like, "What major markets care about the real women who all live in one city in upstate New York?".

I'm wondering if these major cities will be thrilled with having to deal with tons of paper trash being dumped onto the streets. How quick would Crimson be sued if this hairbrained idea actually happens? Although Julian deserves the hit to his pocketbook. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the boxes hidden around a city and leave clues via social media?

Kristina. I get her being absolutely terrified about Sonny's reactions. I would too. Telling that self centered violent asshat anything he wouldn't like to hear would scare me too. I just find it difficult to believe that telling Alexis about what has happened, would be on the same level as that? Kristina needs to sit down with her mom, have Alexis reassure her that she loves her no matter what, and just tell her about her more about her feelings for her professor. And then tell her that her professor is a woman. I think that while it would throw Alexis off for a minute, it won't be a gigantic nightmare reaction.

The rest of the show? Meh. Carly wants to bitch about other people's child rearing skills? Fuck off, bitch. How many times has she continually put her spawn in constant danger? And then add Sonny to the mix? Yeah, Ava may have fucked her daughter's boyfriend, but at least Lauren's childhood was pretty happy. You can't say that about Sonny's or Carly's offspring.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 7

It seems like FV is back to filming really short scenes with the actors repeating a line from the previous short scene so the viewer is now viewing one or two new lines each scene.  This method is not fast-forward button friendly.  Of course, this is what happens when trying to shove Sonny/Carly/Jason into every episode.

ETA - Grammar once again.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 3
The whole trading sex for a grade is the problem to me not her possibly liking women.

That and lying about being kicked out of school. I hate to side with Sonny, but when parents are footing the tuition bills, they have a right to know certain things.

Leo looking at the camera when he was handed over to Franco was hilarious, like "This guy, amirite?"

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 12

Sonny making Kristina's expulsion all about himself ("I never went to college....")

Carly berating Ava when Ava said that Carly would do ANYTHING for her kids.

Nina getting the giddy idea that throwing magazine pages over the country will save Crimson.

Franco losing Leo.

Please. I can only facepalm just so much.

• Love 3
Sonny making Kristina's expulsion all about himself ("I never went to college....")

He's such an asshole. He should be saying he's sorry Kristina felt she couldn't come to her parents when things got tough, not berate her for blowing an opportunity he never had. Ugh.

As someone who actually works in magazine publishing, the Crimson story makes me nuts. I can hand wave a lot of nonsense, but dropping pages from the sky and making readers assemble the issue? Seriously?

• Love 7

I don't think Kristina is necessarily worried that her parents won't accept her. It seems more like her wariness/fear is because she doesn't fully understand what she's feeling and is questioning her identity so she doesn't know how to tell them.

When Nina said she was gonna have planes drop the magazine pages or whatever I literally busted out laughing. I can't. Dillon saying, "Or we'll be arrested," was great.

• Love 4

He's such an asshole. He should be saying he's sorry Kristina felt she couldn't come to her parents when things got tough, not berate her for blowing an opportunity he never had. Ugh.

As someone who actually works in magazine publishing, the Crimson story makes me nuts. I can hand wave a lot of nonsense, but dropping pages from the sky and making readers assemble the issue? Seriously?

I hate Sonny too be he shouldn't be apologizing to her at all because he's in the right. Kristina has been doing the same thing for years. She does wrong and then doesn't want to own up to it or take accountability so sh brings out the tears. The Alexis excuses all her actions and they try and make it all look like Sonny's fault.  He's the one fronting the bill for her undergrad education that is going on 6 years now.

• Love 3

I don't think Kristina is necessarily worried that her parents won't accept her. It seems more like her wariness/fear is because she doesn't fully understand what she's feeling and is questioning her identity so she doesn't know how to tell them.

When Nina said she was gonna have planes drop the magazine pages or whatever I literally busted out laughing. I can't. Dillon saying, "Or we'll be arrested," was great.

And then Nina got excited, and said, "Maybe both!" Too hilarious. They can still have a contest that involves assembling the magazine without making it rain pages from the sky. 

I totally agree with you about Kristina. She doesn't really understand and doesn't even know what label to put on herself so she doesn't feel comfortable about opening up to them. Which is fine, but I also think it sends out a potentially dangerous message that being anything other than hetero is bad.

• Love 1
I hate Sonny too be he shouldn't be apologizing to her at all because he's in the right.

Sonny created the situation where his daughter doesn't feel comfortable telling him what's going on. You saw how terrified Kristina was when he said he'd go after the professor and set things right. That wasn't going to be a friendly chat: Sonny was going to threaten the professor. Sonny's preferred method to fix things is violence or the threat of violence, and that's all on him. I'd be reluctant, to say the list, to confide in my father if that were the outcome, too.

He deserves to know what's going on  because he's paying her tuition and he's her father, but Kristina isn't unreasonable for not wanting to get him involved when she knows what his reaction will be. Threaten, threaten, maybe even act on those threats.

I totally agree with you about Kristina. She doesn't really understand and doesn't even know what label to put on herself so she doesn't feel comfortable about opening up to them. Which is fine, but I also think it sends out a potentially dangerous message that being anything other than hetero is bad.

Nuance is not a strong point of the show, but I hope the writers can sidestep this.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10

Sonny created the situation where his daughter doesn't feel comfortable telling him what's going on. You saw how terrified Kristina was when he said he'd go after the professor and set things right. That wasn't going to be a friendly chat: Sonny was going to threaten the professor. Sonny's preferred method to fix things is violence or the threat of violence, and that's all on him. I'd be reluctant, to say the list, to confide in my father if that were the outcome, too.

He deserves to know what's going on  because he's paying her tuition and he's her father, but Kristina isn't unreasonable for not wanting to get him involved when she knows what his reaction will be. Threaten, threaten, maybe even act on those threats.

Kristina was threatening the professor with her father her damn self. That's what she does. She has no problem throwing around her father's power and then tries to flip flop and act terrified. 

• Love 4

That was ridiculous too.

I don't think he's ever getting his memories back, either Jason. He'll have some memories here and there but imo they already have so many people complaining that he's nothing like SBu Jason, I think they're scared for him to have his memories back, so they can hide behind the "well he doesn't have his memories" excuse.

I hope you're right.  The last thing I want on this show is the return of Jason Morgan, played by anyone.  Well, no, the last thing I want on this show is Sonny Corinthos, played by MB or anyone, but that ship has sailed.  There's still hope for Jason Morgan staying in the drink, metaphorically!  I'll take Jake Doe over him, any day.

• Love 5
Kristina was threatening the professor with her father her damn self. That's what she does. She has no problem throwing around her father's power and then tries to flip flop and act terrified.

That was a dumb, immature thing for Kristina to do, but it's a lot different from Sonny actually going in there and "resolving" the situation. Besides, I like to think that no one at Wesleyan knows or cares who Sonny is. Heh.

• Love 7

That was a dumb, immature thing for Kristina to do, but it's a lot different from Sonny actually going in there and "resolving" the situation. Besides, I like to think that no one at Wesleyan knows or cares who Sonny is. Heh.

Well this is the same show that said people at Yale did and suddenly ostracized Kristina for having a mobster father. So who knows what narrative they're using now.

• Love 1

That's like, my dream scenario. Or you know a live AJ Quartermaine is somehow tied into this because of reasons and Helena and reasons and stuff. And because it'd be cool if Sonny walks in to see the Dean and sees SK.

• Love 4
Well this is the same show that said people at Yale did and suddenly ostracized Kristina for having a mobster father. So who knows what narrative they're using now.

The same narrative they always do: the one that fits the day's plot points.

Sigh.

It was dumb that Kristina was ostracized at Yale—as if anyone would care about some two-bit crime lord from upstate New York—but didn't she have grade problems there, too?

• Love 6

The same narrative they always do: the one that fits the day's plot points.

Sigh.

It was dumb that Kristina was ostracized at Yale—as if anyone would care about some two-bit crime lord from upstate New York—but didn't she have grade problems there, too?

She didn't have grade problems. She claimed to have dropped out because people ostracized her and then she met Trey.  Its stupid that Kristina has been in school for about 6 years and now they're about to have her drop out. And to use the lame excuse that she doesn't know what she wants in life. Plenty of people don't know what they want in life. But they at least graduate first.

I took that to mean she doesn't know what to major in. She was prelaw mostly because of Alexis. Why futz around for years if you don't know what you want from college?

I hate that someone—especially a young woman—who's actually going to college is shown to be so inept at it. Nice message, Show, as always. I get this is a soap, but why can't Kristina's stories be about something outside of school if they're going to bring her back? Ugh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

While I still don't understand why Sonny's a safer mobster for Avery to live with than Ava, the scheme with the black roses was actually semi-clever.  And while it thoroughly enraged me, Sonny's saying the professor ratting on Kristina was worse than the actual infraction and wanting to dispatch someone to break "his" knees was also pretty classic Sonny.

So Nina and company got the Crimson pages onto planes to be scattered over their major markets...in the half hour, hour tops that have passed between yesterday's episode and today's?  Okey dok.

The less said about the clusterfuck that is the breastfeeding story, the better.  Way to dive into the topical issues, show. #sarcasm

• Love 4

Alexis/Olivia/Diane/Lomax shit was just AWFUL. Bicker, bicker, bicker, catfight.  Jesus, what an embarrassment.  SB is terrible as Lomax, the original actress was fabulous, they should have kept her.

Kristina/Molly was amazing. Every scene was perfect. Why can't everything be like those scenes? Why?

Sonny sends a threatening note to his daughter's older sister who is recovering from a gun shot wound she got when trying to help his idiot son who tried to be a big man defending Daddy's territory by being off meds and waving a gun around in Sonny's rivals faces.

On the same day Carly smugly extolled the virtues of her and Sonny being model parents. Jesus fucking Christ. So much for not going after children and having honor. This shit better blow up in his stupid, stupid face, along with his selfish ass "I'm right!" plot to threaten Parker, despite Kristina making it clear it was 100% her own fault and that Parker wasn't to blame.

He's such a fucking moron.

• Love 7

Speaking of Carly, her dialogue yesterday was atrocious and so not her

"Isn't it time we stop wading through the blood and find some other way?!"

lol please. No. That is not something that would come out of Carly's mouth . . . maybe the sentiment, but not in that way.

• Love 7

I have a feeling that Kristina did not outright offer Parker sex for a passing grade.  I think Kristina and Parker were already involved when Kristen threatened to go public about the affair if Parker did not give her a passing grade.  Parker was afraid her wife would find out about the affair so she went to the school's officials first and said Kristina had offered sex for a passing grade.  The charges Parker brought were to cover her own ass because she had an affair with a student.  Kristina was terrified of Sonny finding out that she is bisexual so she did not fight back and took the punishment.  Shades of her abuse at the hands of Kiefer.  She is not telling what has happened to her for fear of what her violent mobster father will do to retaliate.  

"Isn't it time we stop wading through the blood and find some other way?!"

lol please. No. That is not something that would come out of Carly's mouth . . . maybe the sentiment, but not in that way.

I'm SO glad they had Ava scoff at that. I also loved her parting shot that she'd say hello to the armed guard on her way out.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I have a feeling that Kristina did not outright offer Parker sex for a passing grade.  I think Kristina and Parker were already involved when Kristen threatened to go public about the affair if Parker did not give her a passing grade.  Parker was afraid her wife would find out about the affair so she went to the school's officials first and said Kristina had offered sex for a passing grade.  The charges Parker brought were to cover her own ass because she had an affair with a student.  Kristina was terrified of Sonny finding out that she is bisexual so she did not fight back and took the punishment.  Shades of her abuse at the hands of Kiefer.  She is not telling what has happened to her for fear of what her violent mobster father will do to retaliate.  

I dunno, I'm not getting that vibe from the way Kristina is talking about Parker, particularly with Molly today.

So Nina and company got the Crimson pages onto planes to be scattered over their major markets...in the half hour, hour tops that have passed between yesterday's episode and today's?  Okey dok.

And this fucking show, like with the green issue, are going to make this next clusterfuck the next "brillant" idea from Neener's crazed head. I hate Michael, but he isn't doing anything at the moment. Maybe while waiting around for Sabrina, he can work at Crimson and instead of bullshit like this to make Neener happen, they can have Michael not only get them to reprint the issue, but threaten them with financial ruin if they don't get done correctly but they also get the next 3 runs free.

This Lomax character girl woman person is awful. Please kill her dead. 

LOL that Ava thought her goons would believe her story about unknowingly getting in bed with the feds. I don't believe the goons would believe Julian either in the real world, but at least I can buy that they would have more loyalty to him than her. Also, if this were the real world I'm pretty sure the five families wouldn't care about any explanation and would just have them both killed rather than run the risk that one or both of them really is working for law enforcement. 

This Crimson shit is crazy. I wonder what drugs the writers were on when they came up with it.

I still think the professor is a weirdo so if they're going to give Kristina a female love interest I wish it were someone else. 

Nancy Lee Grahn vs the mean black woman is kind of an awkward storyline if you stop and think about it.

Sheri Belafonte is okay, but I liked the other actress better.

"until you had to get up on your milking stool." heh.

On one hand, it's like, of course, now that it's inconveniencing her, Carly wants to shut Olivia down. What, she can't use Sonny's connections or something? On the other hand, I think the lawsuit is dumb, so. I can't really call Carly she-beast in clear conscience.

Kristina and Molly's scenes gave me a bit of second-hand embarrassment, but I love Lexi and Haley together. (And you'd think Molly of all people wouldn't just outright label Kristina "gay".)

Sonny: the black rose and the note worked. She got the message loud and clear.
minion: uh, why are you telling me this again?

at least,  that's what I'm betting he said.

that guy behind Julian in court seemed pretty hot.

hooray, Dante has come to arrest Maxie for that shirt in the previews! At least on the GH in my head. Poor Kirsten Storms didn't seem to know how to move in it.

I don't hate this breastfeeding storyline actually. Hokey premise but I liked that it has brought some characters you don't really see too often together in scenes, or at the very least big groups together, like Carly/Olivia/Lomax/Diane/Alexis/Kristina/Molly and Nina/Maxie/Carly.

Sonny sends a threatening note to his daughter's older sister who is recovering from a gun shot wound she got when trying to help his idiot son who tried to be a big man defending Daddy's territory by being off meds and waving a gun around in Sonny's rivals faces.

I hate Sonny but he wouldn't actually hurt her so for me this is just Sonny being Sonny. Not that that's a good thing but if they actually started writing Sonny as a decent person I'd be lost and confused. as much as I hate Sonny being written as an asshole and having the town praise him, it would be worse if he just overnight turned into a good person. I'd be all, no writers, no, Sonny does not actually get to be a good person overnight out of nowhere.

Plus for me personally, I in general dislike Kiki so if I started ranting about big mean Sonny messing with her lightning would strike me, heh.

• Love 4

oh dear. So Michael Easton is listed in the credits of today's episode as "Hamilton Finn". Were the writers thinking, "oh you know what people like? That Hamilton musical and the newest Star Wars movie! Let's take two names from them and combine 'em! That'll make people love Easton!"

*except dubbel zout, who already does not need convincing ;)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

oh dear. So Michael Easton is listed in the credits of today's episode as "Hamilton Finn". What were the writers like, you know what people like? That Hamilton musical and the newest Star Wars movie! Let's take two names from them and combine 'em! That'll make people love Easton!*

*except dubbel zout, who already does not need convincing ;)

Ha -- so right! It's like they've taken his name from a google hotlist.

"We're leaving nothing to chance this time -- starting with the name!"

~ Frank

Nancy Lee Grahn vs the mean black woman is kind of an awkward storyline if you stop and think about it.

It's particularly odd when thinking about the fact that NLG has dogged her ex-boyfriend in the past for leaving her for said Shari Belafonte.*

*Though, to my knowledge, she has never publicly criticized Shari Belafonte herself.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

Damn, I love Curtis. I just love him. I almost didn't hate Valerie today solely because of his presence.

The way Kristina is talking all lovey dovey about Parker really doesn't jibe with how she was acting before and the brief interaction we saw between them. Yet again the writers obviously had no idea where they wanted to go with this story when it began and now they're changing course in the middle and expecting us to forget what came before. Sigh.

There are some kinda interesting/entertaining things about the breastfeeding story but overall it's so embarrassingly horrible and I literally can't handle it. Plus, Shari Belafonte is terrible in this role and it makes me uncomfortable tbh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

There are some kinda interesting/entertaining things about the breastfeeding story but overall it's so embarrassingly horrible and I literally can't handle it. Plus, Shari Belafonte is terrible in this role and it makes me uncomfortable tbh.

I don't think she's horrible, but I just think the other lady had a lot more charisma. It may be for me simply that I don't like her hair. That is how shallow I am!

ETA: Oh, and Easton must be on contract, because he's listed before Lexi. Redonkulous.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I actually enjoyed today's show. The crimson stuff has been pretty crazy, but it's fun. It doesn't exactly bore me at the least, and I liked how the storyline connected with other parts of today's show. It's always nice to see that kind of synergy on GH, especially when it's not mob related.

I also liked Molly and Kristina's talk. I've been waiting forever for the idea that Kristina might be bi to come up. Bi erasure is a very real thing, so I'm hoping the writers are going to do this justice. Also, I noticed yesterday that they finally gave Kristina's ex-boyfriend a name (Devon?). I wonder if that means we'll be seeing him down the line.

Also, I enjoyed Curtis/Valerie for the first time today. I don't know if I ship it quite yet, but I'm on my way to liking it at least.

• Love 4

Me too, but we need to prepare ourselves because there is no way in hell these writers are going to do it justice. Like there's just no way.

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but today was at least somewhat a step in the right direction. 

• Love 2

Day 3 for Christina and the matronly blouse.

I don't understand Maxi's outfit. What's the deal with her roots? Is this an extreme Ombré look?

I like any and all Diane and Alexis scenes. Didn't they once do a road trip? I could see them as Thelma and Louise.

Of course Olivia and Mayor Lomax's dispute devolves into a physical altercation. Ugh, this story is so clunky and terrible.

Hate to break it to you, Diane, but New York is a one-party-consent state, so Olivia wasn't illegally taping anything.

Was Valerie wearing a romper? It's fugly whatever it is. And of course Curtis became exponentially more attractive to her once she learned his mom was dead. 

• Love 4

Of course Olivia and Mayor Lomax's dispute devolves into a physical altercation. Ugh, this story is so clunky and terrible.

Hate to break it to you, Diane, but New York is a one-party-consent state, so Olivia wasn't illegally taping anything.

Was Valerie wearing a romper? It's fugly whatever it is. And of course Curtis became exponentially more attractive to her once she learned his mom was dead.

I'm liking your post for the reference to the one-party consent reference. Seriously, can't the writers do any sort of research? And I'm just talking about the "hey, did anyone google this?" variety of research.

• Love 5

I'm catching up on the week's GH's. Why the hell is Morgan moping around the Clinic like he's Kelsey's Paw Paw and Sonny is the only one who showed up to eat burgers with him? Shut up, Morgan. I miss Eeyore Michael. At least he appreciated when whatever rando came over to eat burgers with him.

Franco didn't notice the silent treatment, Nina because you never stfu. Stfu, Nina. Roger is giving her those same faces he used to give Gina Togoni and whomever played Tina. I don't think Nina/Franco are long for this soap world, or Roger is sick of playing wacky. Becky just brings good acting out in people. If she can get Roger to start giving great performances again, I'll send her a fruit basket. That gorgeous angel.

Did James Nathan marry his dog or is he dating Dante? I'm a little confused. But I think they make a cute couple and should get a dog.

• Love 7

"Hamilton Finn" sounds so fake to me, like an alias. What I don't understand is why this name never came up in any Micheal Easton-related interviews. It really did seem like they were trying to keep the identity of the character a secret until the very end. And now we end up with a name that sounds like some folklore hero just before we meet the character on Monday. I don't know about this.

• Love 4