Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Apparently Liz lying about Jason is worse then Sonny and Carly killing AJ, to Monica.

As a Liz fan, I loved her POV and everything she said today. I just wish she didn't have to spend anymore time around Jason.

• Love 12

Ugh I was so glad about the break from Liez and her crap. 

Please jump Morgan. No one would miss your whiny entitled ass. I hate how his asshole behavior is excused for his mental illness. He has always been an ass. At least with Brydawg.

• Love 12

Apparently Liz lying about Jason is worse then Sonny and Carly killing AJ, to Monica.

I concur that it's bullshit that the writers think so (i.e. Monica and Carly casually chatting at the gala), but I'm still glad Monica got to express some more anger.  Liz dismissing Monica's pain as a mother given what she went through with losing Jake and then getting him back really rubbed me the wrong way so I'm glad they had these scenes.  And it's not like Monica has sworn vengeance on Liz, she accepted her apology.

• Love 12

I concur that it's bullshit that the writers think so (i.e. Monica and Carly casually chatting at the gala), but I'm still glad Monica got to express some more anger.  Liz dismissing Monica's pain as a mother given what she went through with losing Jake and then getting him back really rubbed me the wrong way so I'm glad they had these scenes.  And it's not like Monica has sworn vengeance on Liz, she accepted her apology.

Oh, I'm not saying Monica shouldn't be mad at Liz. She absolutely should. My statement was more referring to the writers, and how they view this lie compared to other wrong doings on this show.

• Love 8
Although she's still way too hung up on Rebecca Budig's con woman past, I still wanted to high-five Laura when she pointed out that the "events of last spring" Nikolas blithely referred to were him trying to have her killed.

I loved her expression/gesture when Nik sarcastically said he was sure Laura would be relieved to know Rebecca Budig survived the hostage situation. "Sorry, my mouthful of Snickers prevents me from saying something I don't mean, so I'll just shrug ineffectively." Hee.

• Love 9

I didn't realize how irritating I'm finding Christina until I excitedly yelled at Sam and Molly to turn her over to Dixon. 

I think it's always a poor decision to tease a death of an unpopular character.  The viewers get their hopes up that the character will be killed off, then they're even more irritated when they miraculously survive.

I realize that Sonny was bound to be the hero, but boy did they make Julian look completely gutless.  Even Nicholas and Franco manned up more than him.

Sonny and Ava murdered AJ and then fucked on his grave because they are entirely vile.

Carly sucks but she didn't kill AJ.

• Love 11

These writers really need to go back and rewatch the stuff that happened. It was Robin who saved Jason and Patrick who perform his surgeries when he got into accident. 

Also, Franco telling the doctor how awesome Kiki is made me laugh. I didn't think they were going for that but it was still funny to me. 

Morgan remains to be the worst. 

• Love 9

Jump,Morgan, Jump.

Unfortunately, my history with TFGH just made me shrug when Morgan climbed up on the wall. Since most of us know that there's either a trampoline or a super-resilient pillow installation on the hospital lawn just under him, given how many people have survived a plunge from the GH roof, why should we worry about Morgan now? 

But, I do think it would make his Emmy reel more powerful if he managed to find a way to kill himself and, maybe, take Franco with him. 

• Love 6

Again, kudos to Maura West.  When they allow her out of the wierd mob box they have her in, she shines.  

That nurse should be fired.  If Morgan had killed anyone (or himself, please, plaese, please!!) she would be liable for being so stupid as to remove his restraints and apparently leaving the room.  I mean, if you're going to untie him at least stick around. 

Loved Liz' top.  

• Love 7

RoHo's hair is starting to rival DZ's in terribleness.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. It's WAY worse than DZ's. :p First of all, his mothertruckin bangs (tm Heatlifer) are longer, and they're pushed back over/above his forehead so it makes this weird shape that just makes it over all horrible. And it's greasier too. It reached new levels of badness today.

ugh, so everyone was at the hospital yesterday and now everyone today has been pushed back into their own little corners. Why not let Maxie and Dante see each other and tell each other about Lulu/Nathan? Or okay, it seems like Dante knew morgan was at the pier, so why didn't he tell Lulu that the kid Raj mentioned was Morgan? Also, why is Lulu telling Dante that he was right the Star is no place to live, she already admitted that! These friggin writers. At least she didn't agree to go home with Dante. Get another place to live where your girlfriend didn't roll all over your sheets.

Lulu: Dante has been there for me since he rescued me.

Okay, so a whole 9 hours? Wow!

Emme's hair looked pretty when it's wavy like that though.

Franco: if you want to help Kiki, make sure your little brother stays away from her.

Michael: Yeah.

No Michael, the correct answer was, "I will, no need to tell me the obvious, raper."

Hayden's coat looked more like a blanket.

I hope too-short-hair-Nik at least gets arrested.

Morgan's nurse *was* cute, and seemed like a good actress. Hire her and fire someone else! She's even a nurse, the show needs those.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

Franco: if you want to help Kiki, make sure your little brother stays away from her.

Michael: Yeah.

No Michael, the correct answer was, "I will, no need to tell me the obvious, raper."

"Don't talk to me, SERIAL KILLER." would also have sufficed.

And isn't it weird that there's been no acknowledgment that, you know, Michael dated Kiki for close to a year? 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

Unfortunately, the brownstone and the clinic (both projects started by Michael during his Sonny-hating period) have both been forgotten by the show, and therefore, Michael. 

In the universe where Sonny is the bestest, bravest father, we can't acknowledge anything that might have happened during that dark period when not all of his children were his cheerleaders. We shall never speak of these things again.

• Love 8

Jump Morgan, JUMP!

Now you know if Morgan jumps Sonny will conveniently be delivering his wheelchair for Kiki to use and will catch his son in it there by SAVING HIS LIFE!

[fangirl]Don't ya'll know Sonny saves everyone.[/fangirl]

• Love 7

Morgan's nurse *was* cute, and seemed like a good actress. Hire her and fire someone else! She's even a nurse, the show needs those.

This was my thought as well. 

And isn't it weird that there's been no acknowledgment that, you know, Michael dated Kiki for close to a year? 

I was thinking that today, too. Are we just supposed to forget they were a thing?

The actor playing Griffin was really bad today. It was kind of embarrassing.

I liked the Liz/Monica scenes. And even the Liz/Jason scenes actually. BM is cute when he's smiling/laughing. I'm ready to move the fuck on from this story now though.

I actually thought this episode was pretty good tbh.

ETA: Oh I forgot to say I really loved Hayden's coat and shoes. Also, Curtis is great. Please keep him away from Valerie; she ruins people! I wish they'd give up on Nik/Hayden and do Hayden/Curtis.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

I expected to see Carly and Sonny in bed making up for lack of sexy times when the Show opened. But no, Show was back to the speed of paint drying today, after two days of relative action. At least half of it was spent extolling the Shriner's hospital.

Shut up Liz. Shut up shut up shut up! Now when she talks to Jason she endlessly repeats how things will be different because she and Jason are broken up.

Bulletin to Liz: actions speak louder than words. Stop referring to your  former relationship, your lies, the past, etc. TALK and THINK ABOUT OTHER SUBJECTS and you will build better credibility. Get a hobby. Study the political scene so you will be prepared to vote. Do spring housecleaning (if any house is left after the explosion). Challenge yourself to learn new specialties in nursing.

Brydawg continues to find new lows and levels of pain to inflict on his loved ones. Somebody needs to tell him that pity parties are not acceptable. I'd love to see him in the military reporting to a no-nonsense top sergeant. If Sonny cares about Brydawg so much, why doesn't he set some standards or teach 'Dawg some other coping mechanisms to use besides aggression, threats, shouting, and blubbering tears? 'Dawg needs to be taught to assume leadership and responsibility for the welfare of others who are weaker or more vulnerable than himself.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

I expected to see Carly and Sonny in bed making up for lack of sexy times when the Show opened. But no, Show was back to the speed of paint drying today, after two days of relative action. At least half of it was spent extolling the Shriner's hospital.

Shut up Liz. Shut up shut up shut up! Now when she talks to Jason she endlessly repeats how things will be different now because she knows they are broken up. Bulletin to Liz: actions speak louder than words. Stop referring to your one-time-relationship, your lies, the past, etc. TALK ABOUT OTHER SUBJECTS and you will build better credibility. Get a hobby. Study the political scene so you will be prepared to vote. Do spring housecleaning (if any house is left after the explosion).

Monica is the one that brought up the lie first today, and then Jason brought it up. Both times, Liz was just responding to them. Liz and Jason were also both discussing their current situation, their son and what got them there, and how their relationship was going to be moving forward.. We aren't going to watch them talk politics. Characters on soaps talk about things current to their story, not the weather or politics.

• Love 4

It was Robin who saved Jason and Patrick who perform his surgeries when he got into accident.

IKR. I dont know what that whitewashing BS today was about. She apologized to Monica so when is she going to say sorry to Sam the person she blamed for HER lies. 

• Love 8

IKR. I dont know what that whitewashing BS today was about. She apologized to Monica so when is she going to say sorry to Sam the person she blamed for HER lies. 

She did, last week, after Sam was brought to the hospital.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 2

Was I supposed to believe Ava's bullshit about felling guilty about murdering Connie?

I wish Dr. Griffin would have called security on Franco. 

I would rather see Curtis with Hayden and/or Lucas instead of getting stuck with Dante's former sidepiece. 

Why can't Jason just co parent Lucky's son with Liez? Why do they have to be friends again?

• Love 4

Monica is the one that brought up the lie first today, and then Jason brought it up. Both times, Liz was just responding to them. Liz and Jason were also both discussing their current situation, their son and what got them there, and how their relationship was going to be moving forward.. We aren't going to watch them talk politics. Characters on soaps talk about things current to their story, not the weather or politics.

The only way Liz would turn to Jason and say "So, are you going to watch the Republican debate tonight?" is if it were on ABC.  

• Love 6

He is so bland and has 0 energy. He fits right in!

Also, could their BE any more gel in that man's hair? /chandlerbing

I think he has energy, it's just Dr Drake Romarey/hogestyn energy. He has the left eyebrow-raised look down pat. 

But I feel bad. Basically no matter how good of an actor they are portrayed by, no new character since 2012 has really displayed any sort of unique personality.

I liked the Liz/Monica scenes. And even the Liz/Jason scenes actually. BM is cute when he's smiling/laughing. I'm ready to move the fuck on from this story now though

I was thinking, when are they going to have the balls to give Jason his memories back, Q or Morgan or both or anything? At this point they really should have just introduced BM as a new character.

• Love 4
The only way Liz would turn to Jason and say "So, are you going to watch the Republican debate tonight?" is if it were on ABC.

I wonder if we'll get an Oscar plug tomorrow. They're as hilariously awkward as mentions of Shriners Hospital for Children.

• Love 5

I think he has energy, it's just Dr Drake Romarey/hogestyn energy. He has the left eyebrow-raised look down pat.

But I feel bad. Basically no matter how good of an actor they are portrayed by, no new character since 2012 has really displayed any sort of unique personality.

It's a combination of writing and acting for me. This show has the inability to choose the right actors and can't write for shit.

• Love 3

It's a combination of writing and acting for me. This show has the inability to choose the right actors and can't write for shit.

I think there have been a couple of good hires, like Vinessa Antoine, who is great imo, but I'll be damned if I can say something like, "come on, Jordan would never do/say that!" unless it were something broad like killing a bunch of puppies. And really, do I know Jordan wouldn't kill puppies? Not really. Maybe she did kill puppies in the name of an assignment! And of course there's Kathleen Gati, but her character is almost as much of a blank slate as Jordan in its way. Dr O is evil* and that's pretty much it. It's not characterization when a character is capable of anything.

*Yeah I know she loves her kids (well, Nathan), but she's still pretty much all-around evil.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I think there have been a couple of good hires, like Vinessa Antoine, who is great imo, but I'll be damned if I can say something like, "come on, Jordan would never do/say that!" unless it were something broad like killing a bunch of puppies. And really, do I know Jordan wouldn't kill puppies? Not really. Maybe she did kill puppies in the name of an assignment! And of course there's Kathleen Gati, but her character is almost as a blank slate as Jordan in it's way. Dr O is evil* and that's pretty much it. It's not characterization when a character is capable of anything.

*Yeah I know she loves her kids (well, Nathan), but she's still pretty much all-around evil.

I'm not certainly not disagreeing. But there are also far more mediocre hires than good ones, I'll just say that.

• Love 1

I think there have been a couple of good hires, like Vinessa Antoine, who is great imo, but I'll be damned if I can say something like, "come on, Jordan would never do/say that!" unless it were something broad like killing a bunch of puppies. And really, do I know Jordan wouldn't kill puppies? Not really. Maybe she did kill puppies in the name of an assignment! 

I really wish they would give Jordan more to do and define her background and personality more instead of having 3 minute scenes with Andre once a week, 2 minute scenes with Curtis, and worrying about what Val is doing. 

• Love 5

I'm not certainly not disagreeing. But there are also far more mediocre hires than good ones, I'll just say that.

I'm not disagreeing with that. Just saying that even the few good hires there have been pretty much stand no chance of forging a stand out character.

• Love 4

Liz and Jason were also both discussing their current situation, their son and what got them there, and how their relationship was going to be moving forward.. We aren't going to watch them talk politics. Characters on soaps talk about things current to their story, not the weather or politics.

I didn't mean that Liz and Jason should talk politics on the show. It's just that they have talked their mutual relationship to death....It's not interesting; it has no mystery; it's like the stale air of smoked cigarettes.

There's no "there" there in their relationship, except that they share parenting responsibility. Shallow leftovers, endlessly picked over, just so Liz has an excuse to say his name and get him to look at her. She is being written as so pitiful, spineless, weak. Liz deserves better than Jonesing for a half-witted mob hit man.

• Love 1

I didn't mean that Liz and Jason should talk politics on the show. It's just that they have talked their mutual relationship to death....It's not interesting; it has no mystery; it's like the stale air of smoked cigarettes.

There's no "there" there in their relationship, except that they share parenting responsibility. Shallow leftovers, endlessly picked over, just so Liz has an excuse to say his name and get him to look at her. She is being written as so pitiful, spineless, weak. Liz deserves better than Jonesing for a half-witted mob hit man.

I don't think she's been written as pitiful, spineless or weak the past few weeks. She has completely owned up to what she did, what it did to the people in her life, particularly Jake, and she has been very strong for her son. She has also accepted that her and Jason are over, and that she needs to focus on herself and her kids, and being better for her kids. All of that was expressed by her today, and none of that makes her weak or spineless, quite the opposite in fact.

She's not jonesing for Jason's attention, or even trying to be with him in any way now.

Morgan sucks an I hope he dies. The actor sucks, the character sucks, and today was the last straw for me. As a nurse I was insulted by that horrific writing of Morgan "charming" the nurse out of his restraints. The fuck out of here with that bullshit. 

Edited by admiralrodcocker
  • Love 7

I don't know why the writers feel the need to have someone coddle Liz every time she apologizes....It's ridiculous at this point.  It takes any oomph out of it, at least for me.  I like that she is apologizing and seems to mean it, but there is no need for people to pat her on her damn head every time and reassure her.  Just let her apologize and take it like a big girl.    But whatever, if this Jizam hell is over I will deal with it.

Franco's hair was......well....odd.  And I continue to be unimpressed with nuDoc.

I am really glad Lulu turned down Dante's offer.

• Love 12

I don't know why the writers feel the need to have someone coddle Liz every time she apologizes....It's ridiculous at this point.  It takes any oomph out of it, at least for me.  I like that she is apologizing and seems to mean it, but there is no need for people to pat her on her damn head every time and reassure her.  Just let her apologize and take it like a big girl.    But whatever, if this Jizam hell is over I will deal with it.

Having people continue to coddle her and reassure her that she's a good mother and isn't a crazy desperate freak just makes her look even worse to me. People can be sympathetic to DNAJ's plight and show her human decency without trying to whitewash or minimize what she's done. 

• Love 20

I mean, this show loves to make law enforcement officials look incompetent, but they really went overboard during this arc, even for them!

True story, I was on a biz trip last week, shooting happened just outside the hotel lobby, as I was being dropped off, I was a witness of sorts; turns out it was a sting operation for a kidnapping drop point.  The hotel was in lock down for 6 hours.  Cop shot a guy, another bad guy was on the loose, and I guess whoever was kidnapped.  There were at least 60 cops onsite within seconds and minutes, 30+ cop cars, fire trucks, forensic trucks.  SWAT team of at least eight in full on gear with semi automatic weapons.  

The idea that this was an ATF operation, abandoned by the cops so Carly could throw guns into the river/Lake Ontario?  Ridonculous.

• Love 18

True story, I was on a biz trip last week, shooting happened just outside the hotel lobby, as I was being dropped off, I was a witness of sorts; turns out it was a sting operation for a kidnapping drop point.  The hotel was in lock down for 6 hours.  Cop shot a guy, another bad guy was on the loose, and I guess whoever was kidnapped.  There were at least 60 cops onsite within seconds and minutes, 30+ cop cars, fire trucks, forensic trucks.  SWAT team of at least eight in full on gear with semi automatic weapons.  

The idea that this was an ATF operation, abandoned by the cops so Carly could throw guns into the river/Lake Ontario?  Ridonculous.

Wow, we have more awesome surprises here than on GH.

• Love 11

Having people continue to coddle her and reassure her that she's a good mother and isn't a crazy desperate freak just makes her look even worse to me. People can be sympathetic to DNAJ's plight and show her human decency without trying to whitewash or minimize what she's done. 

Interesting how perspectives differ. People being civil/nice-ish to Liz and telling her she's a good mother instead of being nasty toward her regarding the Jason lies is possibly the least offensive thing I've seen on this show in a while. We have a thug like Sonny getting praised (instead of rightfully shunned by the entire town for all the violence around him), Franco walking free amidst his former victims and being allowed to work with children, Nikolas sexing up and marrying the woman he tried to have murdered while waving away that crime like he paid a bill late, Anna cornering and shooting a man because he killed her loser Mob-associated lover, Franco and Nina existing w/all their grossness, two self-involved criminal monsters self--righteously fighting over a beautiful toddler neither deserves.....I could keep going. 

Carly's gotten praise over the years about being a good mother (despite all the trauma her kids have endured as a result of her choices). So has Olivia. So has Alexis. It's not that big a deal on this show. 

• Love 17