Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't get why they have Carly insisting that Sabrina and Michael are just comfort love. Kiki is now Morgan's soulmate, so do they have a new person lined up for Michael?

Oh my God Dillon, no one cares. I mean, it's not cool Paul slept with Ava but it should hardly be a dealbreaker.

• Love 1

FWIW We thought current episodes discussion was self-explanatory. We have other threads for history. As you are all aware that rule went hard to derail the Sam/Liz wars. Many asked for that so please respect it. If they get into it please discuss away but leave it to what happens on that day. A long post containing their entire history is not appropriate in this thread. Got it? It will be deleted.

We have discussed it at length and decided the nickname "Liez" is tolerable. No worse than some others like PatPrick for example. Any question please PM me, oncesane or Wendy Thanks!

• Love 5

I know this is gonna be a UO, but whatever, lol. I'm just gonna focus on Sam for this mini-rant. I don't think anything Sam did today with Jason was pathetic or made her look pathetic. It's actually what soap romance is about. "I held on because of you" and "I knew you'd save me" etc etc is classic soap OTP dialogue. It just is. I get if people who aren't fans take issue with it or think Sam shouldn't care about Jason for whatever reason or think she should just be about her son, but this is her main dude. Would there ever be an issue if it was the man saying these words to a woman? If Jason got hurt and told Sam "I held on because of you," would it be pathetic? Or is that actually what some think should happen? That the man should say these things instead of the other way around? Because I've noticed that with a lot of ships. There's almost this expectation for the male part of the ship to cater to the woman and kiss her ass ala Patrick in Samtrick.

I agree to a point . . . I was thinking the other day that actually the same thing happened when Dante was shot by Anthony, the last thing he saw was a hallucination of Lulu and he was crawling towards it and he wasn't pathetic for it. At least, no one said so.

I think there is just a sensitivity to Jason because it's well, Jason. It's like, yes, of course super Jase is gonna to the rescue.

Which, I think Billy emoted today but very weirdly. He emphasized a bunch of words weirdly to me today. I wanna say I'm just not a fan of Billy's acting but I think these days it's hard to gauge someone's actually talent via GH.

• Love 1
Oh my God Dillon, no one cares. I mean, it's not cool Paul slept with Ava but it should hardly be a deal breaker.

It's laughable that now is when they decide to slot in this conversation. Who cares, indeed? It's not as if Paul and Dillon had gotten super close. Dillon's outrage was so dumb.

I also laughed at Paul's mention of Susan and PJ. Oh, Show. You so subtle.

I was thinking the other day that actually the same thing happened when Dante was shot by Anthony, the last thing he saw was a hallucination of Lulu and he was crawling towards it and he wasn't pathetic for it. At least, no one said so.

He actually crawled, for one thing, and he wasn't expecting Lulu to rescue him, for another. And at that point, you knew Lulu and Dante  loved each other madly. Jason hasn't shown much feeling toward Sam. He's not actively hating her, that's about it.

• Love 1

Why was there a ginormous container of flammable oil in the basement in the first place?  Where I live (here in the 21st century) most houses use electric or gas heat.  Even older houses that used to use oil have either had the container removed or at least, emptied if it can't be removed for their safety.  

About half the houses on my street, including mine, have oil heat, but the tank is almost always buried underground. If it's not buried, it's usually away from the house in a storage shed and the lines leading to the furnace are buried. The tank in Liz's house looked weird though because it was in the basement (which happens, but isn't common), was twice as big as a normal tank, and was leaking oil into a little pan, which everyone seemed to think was just fine.

My sister watched today's ep with me. When Franco hugged Liz she literally busted out laughing.

This Anna/Andre/Jordan thing is somehow horrible and boring at the same time. And it's barely even started. Wow.

I died when Franco was being all, "come on, bring it in" and Liz's face was like, "aaah, fuck my life SO HARD." I like to think that was mostly Becky wondering if it was too late to change careers.

Anna/Andre/Jordan is super boring, and part of it is because Andre is not exactly master thespian. He's pretty, but as an actor, well, he's pretty.

Day Player Doctor: "Her BP and heart rate are normal. She's on 100% oxygen and I've opened her sweater to expose her sports bra. I'll leave you alone with her now."

• Love 9
Day Player Doctor: "Her BP and heart rate are normal. She's on 100% oxygen and I've opened her sweater to expose her sports bra. I'll leave you alone with her now."

With Guza, she'd have been wearing a push-up bra and no pants.

• Love 7

The Franco hug of Liz, though awkward, didn't bother me.  They have shown him being empathetic toward her, in the same the way as he initially was toward Nina.  I guess he goes for the underdog.  And then, he has made a connection with Jake, and his accident affected him.  If I have to put up with everyone loving Sonny after all of his loathesome behaviour, I can put up with this attempt to humanize Franco.  I just don't see him as any worse than Sonny, and Sonny is a pillar of the community--except to the dayplayers who apparently know he is a mobster.

I grew up in the country and our basement door had a lock and we kept it locked to keep out vermin and imaginary monsters!  Maybe Jake had the same thought when he locked it.

• Love 4

Are we supposed to believe that Jason, rather than waiting for the emergency vehicles, carried Sam to the hospital? Or did he drive her there on his motorcycle?

I know Liz is supposedly on emotional overload with this Jake stuff, but I would have expected more of a reaction to the news that her house exploded.

• Love 4

I know Liz is supposedly on emotional overload with this Jake stuff, but I would have expected more of a reaction to the news that her house exploded.

The wide eyes while on the phone in the hospital chapel, tears in her eyes, then in the regular area of the hospital while trying to respond to Franco, seemed to me like Becky was trying to play Liz as in shock...Her first thought was, thank God nobody (the boys, Laura) was home. She's focused on Jake; it has yet to sink in that her home is gone. 

• Love 1

Are we supposed to believe that Jason, rather than waiting for the emergency vehicles, carried Sam to the hospital? Or did he drive her there on his motorcycle?

He drove her in her car that she had hidden stealthily in Liz's backyard.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 4

Now that I think about it, for all Sam knows, Jake is still in that house, and yet not one mention of him, from her today. She only cared about her precious Jason saving her. So I guess that not only does she not want to live for Danny, but Jake's well being means nothing to her too.

• Love 3

Now that I think about it, for all Sam knows, Jake is still in that house, and yet not one mention of him, from her today. She only cared about her precious Jason saving her. So I guess that not only does she not want to live for Danny, but Jake's well being means nothing to her too.

She's not in her right mind at the moment.

• Love 8

Posting this here as it seems to be one of the more heavily-visited threads.

Please take a moment to read our note in the mod thread since it pertains to some things that have been affecting this thread/the forum as of late.

Thank you.

Posting this here as it seems to be one of the more heavily-visited threads.

Please take a moment to read our note in the mod thread since it pertains to some things that have been affecting this thread/the forum as of late.

Thank you.

I read it and to be honest I don't quite understand the note. What are you telling us? Just not to discuss past history too much or that the rules apply to everyone equally and no one is particular is being targeted? Or both? Thanks in advance.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I read it and to be honest I don't quite understand the note. What are you telling us? Just not to discuss past history too much or that the rules apply to everyone equally and no one is particular is being targeted? Or both? Thanks in advance.

I think it was clear, but just to be sure, keep the Liz/Sam stuff from that current day's episode to the episode thread. If one must go back further for whatever reason?

Go to the history or character threads and discuss civilly.

And yes, all rules apply to ALL posters.

Finally, again, nicknames are just that and have no bearing on policy.

Any other questions, we are a PM away. Thanks.

• Love 1

In Sam's hallucination, Jason easily opened the door, and it didn't look like he had to make any effort when he actually opened it.

There were so many freaking hallucinations, it's almost impossible to tell for sure what was real, but I thought the scene of Jason running back down the stairs from the second floor and to the basement door showed him clearly just turning the knob and the door opened - no flipping a lock or anything.  

• Love 1

When she told Jason she was in the basement and she tried to unplug in the heater, it sounded like she was having trouble remembering everything that happened before that.  She has a head injury, she is clearly not thinking straight. 

• Love 2

Her mind was fine enough to tell Jason that she held on just for him. 

That's because Sam hates children, puppies, and rainbows. She'll probably come back to the explosion after she's released from the hospital and throw some kittens in there.

• Love 14

The whole story makes her look like an idiot. Fine, everything was done to have Jason carrying Sam in his arms and sitting by her hospital bed. It's the genre. But they couldn't have thought up something better to put her in danger than Liz's basement steps, which a small child had just managed without incident? How do they expect us to get off this? Every time she's raring to go in some dangerous situation, I'm going to think, "I hope there aren't any stairs!" Every time she derides some other woman as helpless, I'm going to think, "Says the woman who can't walk down stairs." 

• Love 8

I think it was clear, but just to be sure, keep the Liz/Sam stuff from that current day's episode to the episode thread. If one must go back further for whatever reason?

Go to the history or character threads and discuss civilly.

And yes, all rules apply to ALL posters.

Finally, again, nicknames are just that and have no bearing on policy.

Any other questions, we are a PM away. Thanks.

Well now I'm just more confused.  There was a post in the mod thread asking why a post about Jason's history was removed with no explanation, since it didn't relate to the Sam/Liz history, and the response was that the rules apply to all, and the follow up post by you in the mod thread says that rules apply to every fan of every fan base.  Which, OK, that makes sense.  But, now we're back to just the Sam/Liz stuff can only be discussed as it pertains to the current episode.  Again, OK, but it contradicts what you just posted in the mod thread.  (And poor GHScorpiosRule still, then, won't know why her post was removed when it wasn't about the Liz/Sam wars, but a response to an ongoing conversation about Jason relating to today's show.)  I'm honestly not trying to be a pain in the ass here, but it's really not coming across clearly to some. 

• Love 5

The whole story makes her look like an idiot. Fine, everything was done to have Jason carrying Sam in his arms and sitting by her hospital bed. It's the genre. But they couldn't have thought up something better to put her in danger than Liz's basement steps, which a small child had just managed without incident? How do they expect us to get off this? Every time she's raring to go in some dangerous situation, I'm going to think, "I hope there aren't any stairs!" Every time she derides some other woman as helpless, I'm going to think, "Says the woman who can't walk down stairs." 

Like I said . . . . slipping on a banana peel at the top of the steps would have been less contrived.

• Love 4

Well now I'm just more confused.  There was a post in the mod thread asking why a post about Jason's history was removed with no explanation, since it didn't relate to the Sam/Liz history, and the response was that the rules apply to all, and the follow up post by you in the mod thread says that rules apply to every fan of every fan base.  Which, OK, that makes sense.  But, now we're back to just the Sam/Liz stuff can only be discussed as it pertains to the current episode.  Again, OK, but it contradicts what you just posted in the mod thread.  (And poor GHScorpiosRule still, then, won't know why her post was removed when it wasn't about the Liz/Sam wars, but a response to an ongoing conversation about Jason relating to today's show.)  I'm honestly not trying to be a pain in the ass here, but it's really not coming across clearly to some. 

Totally agree.

That would be for thewhiteowl to answer there, but I am assuming as it was about past history - meaning NOT today's episode, it was removed. There were prior warnings about that. So if it was from the past, it may have been removed rather than moved.

But here:

Episode thread: What it says, discussion of the day's episode ONLY.

History thread: For past stories/characters, etc. Also used to discuss Liz and Sam [if it needs to be] past deeds in a civil manner.

Character threads: Pretty self explanatory.

Hope this helps.

That would be for thewhiteowl to answer there, but I am assuming as it was about past history - meaning NOT today's episode, it was removed. There were prior warnings about that. So if it was from the past, it may have been removed rather than moved.

But here:

Episode thread: What it says, discussion of the day's episode.

History thread: For past stories/characters, etc. Also used to discuss Liz and Sam [if it needs to be] past deeds in a civil manner.

Character threads: Pretty self explanatory.

Hope this helps.

So, to clarify, it's ANY characters' past history that cannot be discussed here, even as it relates to the current goings on?  And I don't expect thewhiteowl to answer as to a specific poster's posts here, so that's not an issue.  I just want to clarify if it's just Sam/Liz that can't be discussed beyond the current episode or any characters.  Because that still seems fuzzy to me, based on what's happened and been said today.  

And, where's the line there.  Because, with a soap, we can't completely ignore history when talking about any given story line, character, or plot points.  I mean, if someone says "I can't believe Nik would prioritize getting laid over his family!"  Then someone would, naturally, respond "remember when he had the tumor and was willing to die and leave his child orphaned so he could continue to have tumor ghost sex?  Or the time he cheated on Emily with SheHulk because she wasn't getting over being raped by his doppelganger quickly enough and he had his needs?"  

So, I guess what I'm asking is, with any character, whether it's Liz, Sam, Nik, Jason, Alexis, Sonny, Carly, or Morgan's hair plugs, is something like that considered on topic in relating the current episode to the past?  Or is it something where we have to respond to that initial "I can't believe Nik would prioritize getting laid over his family!" post with "I'm taking this to the history thread"?  Or do we only have to do that if it pertains to Liz and Sam? 

• Love 2

Offhand comments, a la "Nik is a tool!" etc. are fine, but if anyone wants to go in depth about it (as is often the case) in terms of something he did before? History thread. And yes, that goes for every character.

And a good rule of thumb, to help...if a character is not on the show? If they are mentioned during the episode? Cool! In terms of "I like how the show remembered X existed!" But when talk of X goes back to when they were there, time for ye ol' history thread.

And hair doesn't start circular patterns, etc. So a mention would not be amiss provided it doesn't go into pages worth.

As you know I don't have a lot of history baggage so I watch a little differently.

I understand all the Franco anger, but I thought his scene with Liz was some of RoHo's best work. He can acted when he wants. I was LOL at how much like a therapist he was sounding when the real therapist was playing pass around with Anna and Jordan. Talk about a head scratcher.

I think b/c Franco identifies so much with DNAJ he wishes he'd have had a real mother like Liz and that is why he was so supportive of her. I just can't figure out why no one is bringing up the years he was held captive as more of an issue than Liz projecting her Sam hate.

And for me Liz's worst offense as a mother is letting a traumatized 8 y/o play violent video games. <thumbs down>

I like Sam and Jason and do think they are romantic. A woman being swept up and saved by the man she loves IS a huge soap staple for a reason. It is a fantasy. An escape from the real world. Sam holding on the an image of Jason swooping in to save her does not negate her love for Danny, but Danny is a small child and wouldn't be capable of saving her. She is essentially telling Jason I knew you'd come for me and I held on until you did....awwww romantic

I truly think Liz feels her house blowing up is the least of her concerns b/c she thinks her 8y/o child actively tried to KILL a person. I think her breakdown in the previews is over her feeling DNAJ tried to kill Sam b/c of HER hate of Sam not b/c Jason loves Sam.

And bless his little heart but I cringed at the poor kid playing DNAJ when he was talking away to his mom about Sam and just fell unconscious. They really need a recast if this child is going to be the main character in a story. That was awful.

I thought Sonny Carly and Michael was such filler....LOL at Sonny being filler.

I still am trying to find a purpose in this Dillion character.

• Love 14
I truly think Liz feels her house blowing up is the least of her concerns b/c she thinks her 8y/o child actively tried to KILL a person. I think her breakdown in the previews is over her feeling DNAJ tried to kill Sam b/c of HER hate of Sam not b/c Jason loves Sam.

Agree. I think she's in total shock about everything, but her only concern is Jake right now IMO. She'll deal with her house later. Right now, I think she's feeling the weight of everything, and I think she's just going to break tomorrow.

• Love 3

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't franco have an adoptive mother.Its dumb they act like heather raised him or some crap lol.

He talked about Heather and his adoptive mom today.

correct me if I'm wrong but didn't franco have an adoptive mother.Its dumb they act like heather raised him or some crap lol.

He actually talked about his two mothers. A well meaning but not capable mother who raised him and his unstable bio mother. He told Liz she was better than them both......but I didn't gather that would be much of a stretch for anyone.

Edited by Cattitude

I know this is gonna be a UO, but whatever, lol. I'm just gonna focus on Sam for this mini-rant. I don't think anything Sam did today with Jason was pathetic or made her look pathetic. It's actually what soap romance is about. "I held on because of you" and "I knew you'd save me" etc etc is classic soap OTP dialogue. It just is. I get if people who aren't fans take issue with it or think Sam shouldn't care about Jason for whatever reason or think she should just be about her son, but this is her main dude. Would there ever be an issue if it was the man saying these words to a woman? If Jason got hurt and told Sam "I held on because of you," would it be pathetic? Or is that actually what some think should happen? That the man should say these things instead of the other way around? Because I've noticed that with a lot of ships. There's almost this expectation for the male part of the ship to cater to the woman and kiss her ass ala Patrick in Samtrick.

You know, I didn't mind the scenes. Would I have liked to hear something about Danny? Yes, but these writers barely acknowledge that he even exists. I liked Billy's reactions today, they were a nice change from what he's been like.

The Franco/Liz scenes were gross. I don't even like Liz, but she shouldn't be relegated to dealing with the SERIAL KILLER.

Looking forward to my Ava/Julian scenes. That's all I got.

• Love 1

I hate, hate, hate this, well, I guess it's supposed to be a storyline, but it's really just a contrived plot point to heap more shit on Elizabeth (house blows up, thinks her son is a murderer!) on the way to Jasam, Part Whatever.  So Sam seeming to forget she has a kid and yammer on to Jason about how he always saves her?  Sure, why not?  Danny's as much of a speed bump on the way to Sam getting her husband back as everything else is.

Can't wait for tomorrow when it's revealed Elizabeth let her homeowners insurance lapse so she gets a big fact zero check from Allstate.

• Love 5

Seems to me Liz's house blows up to give Nik and Hayden a gooseberry more than anything to do with Liz's karma. In my experience Liz turns into Sam in any story dealing with a Nik triangle. Liz will be calling out Hayden as a liar any day now. heh!

• Love 4

I am still not getting where this Sam forgetting about Danny is coming from....she has a head injury and probably has no idea how long she was in that basement since she kept passing out.  I am sure once she is coherent she'll ask about him.  Last she knew he was sleeping over his grandma's. 

• Love 11

Haven't a number of females fallen down the stairs? Sam is hardly the only one. Since I've been watching regularly, I've seen at least a few others. It's a soap staple on this show.

I did enjoy the both the explosion and the cheesy slo-mo of Jason carrying Sam out of the house.

• Love 5

I liked Dr. Griffin Munro and I feel he is the perfect vehicle to upgrade Lucas as a character. I hate Sonny, but for better or worse, he does have a huge presence on the canvas. Tying Griffin to him might prove beneficial story wise for several characters. He can be a friend/confidante for Sonny now and a lover for Lucas later. You know that Sonny will be rooting for his new friend, and Carly will be rooting for her brother, to get together at some point.

Haven't a number of females fallen down the stairs? Sam is hardly the only one. Since I've been watching regularly, I've seen at least a few others. It's a soap staple on this show.

I did enjoy the both the explosion and the cheesy slo-mo of Jason carrying Sam out of the house.

Its not just that she fell down the steps, she's been falling all over the place lately. 

• Love 2

She's not in her right mind at the moment.

Jason seems to have that effect on women.

Like I said . . . . slipping on a banana peel at the top of the steps would have been less contrived.

I still don't get why they couldn't have her heel break, or drop in a line of dialogue where Liz says to someone that she needs to call someone to come in and fix the creaky stair or whatever.

I hate, hate, hate this, well, I guess it's supposed to be a storyline, but it's really just a contrived plot point to heap more shit on Elizabeth (house blows up, thinks her son is a murderer!) on the way to Jasam, Part Whatever. 

Apparently the brain-dead writers thought that having Jasam reunite quite literally in the rubble of Liz's life was brilliantly subtle symbolism, instead of contrived horseshit.

• Love 7