Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It is really good to have Dante back. Seems like the WSB should provide counseling for its traumatized agents but I guess not based on all the challenged former agents in PC. 

Hopefully we'll get this Shiloh story tied up quickly. I know that's not a realistic expectation at this point but there is too much Krissy and Jason. The Shiloh actor is talented but wasted. I really wanted him to sleep with Alexis so Krissy's head would explode but no such luck.

I like the idea of Kevin and Ava bonding in misery.

In fact it looks like everyone is going to be miserable for a while. I can't think of any positive stories going forward. Can you?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I will add little Rocco to the Danny list.

I thought he was pretty decent. The look on his face when he went to hug Dante was sweet and compassionate. And I thought his confusion and hesitence were delivered well. I don't expect much from kid actors, so even if I didn't think he did well in the scene it would have been no big deal to me, but I was surprised.

• Love 5

"Mommy's taking me to Grandma's house." Of course she is.

Is that a new Rocco? He looks awfully big for however Rocco is supposed to be.

Color me shocked Sonny suggested Dante talk to someone—i.e., a professional—about his undercover experience.

Now I'm thinking Dante's dream was about what he had to do to make Raj trust him, and Dante had to kill someone he didn't want to. Repeating "I will complete the mission" was a way to remind him what the ultimate goal was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

but Nathan was beyond amazing looking. Horibble actor but you can't have everything. Chase just stares a lot. Once again. he's good looking in a soap way but he's no Rayn Paevey.

So true. Ryan was so beautiful. The only one on right now who comes close to him is Curtis when he doesn't have the really thick beard. I can only imagine if Curtis and Nathan had been friends and shot multiple scenes together. 😍

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I was trying to figure out why today's episode was so boring, and then I realized that it was all about the Corinthos clan. The only relief was Chase and Willow and even that is going to be about Jason saving Kristina. Still, they brought some enjoyment, and it's a sad day when Josh S and the Willow actress are amongst the best actors on the episode.

I laughed so hard at Burton trying to look intimidating.  But isn't Shiloh supposed to be this amazing person who can read other people so well?  He's a total miss when it comes to reading Sam and Jason.

Willow talking about how Shiloh can force you to reveal you innermost secrets and you can't stop him reminded of of when a colleague was doing therapy with a woman and trying to help her leave an abusive situation. The therapist persuaded the women to invite the man to a session but she was very reluctant and kept insisting that he was so magnetic that we wouldn't be able to resist him when we met him. And when we did meet him, he was unattractive and a complete sleazebag.  Other people don't always react the way you do, Willow.

So Shiloh sent Willow to college so that she could teach the children and she audited a course in child development. Is Charlotte's school so desperate for teachers that they will hire someone with a fake name and few university courses, or did she lie on her resume and fake a social security number?

I thought she took classes but then audited a class so she could use that time to move her stuff without anyone getting suspicious but her grades wouldn't suffer for her missing the class.

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

hopefully Jason

I'm not picky. I'll take Jason, Sonny, Carly, or Sam. Oh, or Nina!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I thought she took classes but then audited a class so she could use that time to move her stuff without anyone getting suspicious but her grades wouldn't suffer for her missing the class.

That's how it happened.

5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Anybody else notice the round window in Lante's bedroom?  What is that?  They live in a house not on the Haunted Star.  I vagely remember seeing a round window in Brucas' bedroom when we had the Brad/original Wylie scenes months ago.  They're clearly recycle their sets, but I need to know why the window is round.  

I think it might be the wall from their old apartment that had the fan in it? 

4 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

When it looked as though Dante shot Lulu I got quite excited - but then he woke up. And I got sad.

So, who is he supposed to kill?

My vote is for Sonny.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"Mommy's taking me to Grandma's house." Of course she is.

When isn't Danny (and never-seen Scout) at Monica's?  Christ.

I love how they keep upping the ante at how EVUL Shiloh is.  Next I'm guessing he'll be shown to have a secret room where he's actually eating all these babies he's recruiting.  Gotta make him getting shot and killed by Jason seem like Jason is doing the world a favor, after all.  Maybe Laura can declare him PC Citizen of the Year.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Now I'm thinking Dante's dream was about what he had to do to make Raj trust him, and Dante had to kill someone he didn't want to. Repeating "I will complete the mission" was a way to remind him what the ultimate goal was.

Maybe it’s a Manchurian Candidate situation?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

But the only politician in town is his mother in law, Laura and the only person who may want to have her assassinated is Helena. Otherwise, no is going to give a damn about some mayor from upstate New York.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I snickered that Jason said "uh, Scout" as if for a moment he couldn't remember Sam's daughter's name. That sounds about right, since it took him a moment to think about it when Mike (upon return to Port Charles) asked him if he has kids.

He could not have looked/sounded less enthusiastic about going to his mom's house when Danny asked. Also, why does Danny have the vocabulary of a 2-3 year old. I feel sorry for the kid. The last time I recall Sam showing any warmth toward him was when she and Drew (with Jason present) tried to explain that Jason is his bio father but Drew's love for him isn't changing.

It also amuses me that Sam talks to Michael about Jason like he's her business partner instead of the so-called love of her life. You were "hoping" Jason would give you more time? When Sonny wants him to act, he does. Your requests/hopes will always be low on the priority list, you always knew that. 

I would love a scene of Jason and Sam seeing Danny, Scout, Jake, Cam and Aiden having a great time in the park with Drew. Danny: "This was so much FUN, but my daddy's here so it's time to go." Jake: "See ya! We get to stay until our mom comes."

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

But the only politician in town is his mother in law, Laura and the only person who may want to have her assassinated is Helena. Otherwise, no is going to give a damn about some mayor from upstate New York.

I didn’t mean it that literally, in terms of it having to be a political assassination, just that maybe Dante was brainwashed to kill someone.  The way he was repeating the same line, like a mantra, gave me a hypnosis vibe.

But I concede that I am probably reaching. Just looking for ways to make this show interesting, folks!  (And maybe hoping for a little foreshadowing in the shooting of Lulu dream.) It’s a losing battle.

I've been running an episode behind, so I haven't seen Monday's yet, but I had to stop by just to comment on Griffin's write-out. Geez, what was that? He's a murder suspect, then he's sad, then he's mostly offscreen, then he has bruises on his face, and then he's decided to start fresh somewhere else. Total "dead weight drop." It was only slightly less abrupt than Poochie's announcement that he had to return to his planet.   

I won't miss the character. He never really worked, and the writing may have been on the wall as far back as the unflattering portrayal he was getting in the Claudette/Valentin/Charlotte period. Remember when Anna slapped and yelled at Valentin for being a big bully to defenseless Griffin? That's just not the kind of scene a favored male actor/character would get. The sleazy mother-to-daughter transition Griffin made with Ava and Kiki was the last leg of the table being knocked out.  

I know the actor is saying all the usual things about feeling the need to explore new challenges, but it does look awfully as though someone higher up looked at the budget and said, "There are too many black-haired men on the show. Eliminate one." I usually had no trouble telling him and Chase apart, but when Chase interrupted the argument between Willow and Shiloh, I really was confused for a moment. I thought, "Isn't he beating up Kevin in a different part of town?" 

The "new doctor" curse of GH lives on.  

Better luck next role, Matt Cohen! I don't doubt he tried his best to make the character appealing.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, nilyank said:
11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

If there is some sort of trigger word/phrase, I don't think Laura is the intended victim. It's Sonny or Jason, of course. The only people who matter.

• Love 3

But isn't Shiloh supposed to be this amazing person who can read other people so well?  He's a total miss when it comes to reading Sam and Jason.

I read the situation as Shiloh baiting Jason to do something stupid (like assault him). All that talk about how 'intimate and intense" his work with Sam is and telling Jason that his Borg intimidation tactics actually came across as fear/weakness. I assumed he was trying to get Jason to come at him, get him arrested, and out of the way (at least temporarily).

I can't explain the Sam stuff, she always comes across as tired and bored (you know, because of KM), so Shiloh is playing what's written, not what his scene partner is giving him.

When did Chase/Willow become the most interesting thing on the show? Ohhhh yeah, right after Ryan jumped off a bridge.

Also, kudos to Brad, for replying to Shiloh's comment about Wiley looking like a leader because all babies look like Winston Churchill. Idk if that was ad libbed or written, but it was the best dialogue of the entire hour.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 7
On 3/24/2019 at 10:51 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

But Kevin had him locked up in Ferncliff, not a room in home or a safe house of some kind. 

True but by concealing Ryan at all Kevin was guilty of aiding and abetting fugitive flight. Even if Ryan hadn't escaped Kevin was still guilty of that crime. He knew Ryan was an escaped homicidal maniac . Ryan being presumed dead or not, Kevin had a legal responsibility as well as a duty as a doctor to inform the authorities that his brother was alive. And this is why the whole thing makes no sense to me. What would the Court have most likely done when Ryan was taken into custody by the police, FBI or WSB? Remanded Ryan to a secure mental facility. And given that Ryan had been playing footsie with the DVX for 20 years Kevin's failure to immediately bring in the WSB is unconscionable. I love Kevin.  But he is complicit in everything that happened.  Ryan C - #TooBSCfortheDVX

• Love 4
21 hours ago, paisley said:

It is really good to have Dante back. Seems like the WSB should provide counseling for its traumatized agents but I guess not based on all the challenged former agents in PC. 

Hopefully we'll get this Shiloh story tied up quickly. I know that's not a realistic expectation at this point but there is too much Krissy and Jason. The Shiloh actor is talented but wasted. I really wanted him to sleep with Alexis so Krissy's head would explode but no such luck.

I like the idea of Kevin and Ava bonding in misery.

In fact it looks like everyone is going to be miserable for a while. I can't think of any positive stories going forward. Can you?

I think it was foolish of Dante to ever join the WSB.  I would think Felicia, Frisco, Maxie, Robert, Anna, and Robyn could have informed Dante that joining the WSB means abandoning your family.  It never ends well.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

But isn't Shiloh supposed to be this amazing person who can read other people so well?  He's a total miss when it comes to reading Sam and Jason.

I read the situation as Shiloh baiting Jason to do something stupid (like assault him). All that talk about how 'intimate and intense" his work with Sam is and telling Jason that his Borg intimidation tactics actually came across as fear/weakness. I assumed he was trying to get Jason to come at him, get him arrested, and out of the way (at least temporarily).

Same here. I'm not sure if Shiloh believes it when Sam says she and Jason are kaput, but Shiloh has done his research on Jason and knows who and what he is. He'll push Jason's buttons as hard as he can to get a dumb reaction like the one Jason so conveniently supplied.

4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

All of the loaded moments between Willow, Wiley, and Shiloh are meaningless.  That is not and never was their baby.

It's just to drag out the inevitable reveal that the baby is actually Michael's, the real victim in all of this.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

All of the loaded moments between Willow, Wiley, and Shiloh are meaningless.  That is not and never was their baby.

It's just to drag out the inevitable reveal that the baby is actually Michael's, the real victim in all of this.

And so Carly can squawk like a chicken without a head and the Corinthii can hoard another baby.

• Love 5

Loved Chase's less than caring attitude that Jason had roughed up Shiloh.  JS played that very well, the cop who has to take the statement and bring everyone down to the station, but also the boyfriend who probably wants to beat the crap out of Shiloh himself.  

• Love 3

Are Anna and LWB/FS outside Anna's house? Does Peter just drop by unannounced to harangue Anna about giving him up (WHICH WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO) and make her miserable? Ugh. This story is going nowhere way too slowly.

And suddenly it's nighttime. 

I'm kind of surprised Olivia put her own needs to give Dante a party above his. She's usually a little more sensitive to that sort of thing, even when it comes to Dante. Smother Olivia is my least favorite Olivia.

1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Loved Chase's less than caring attitude that Jason had roughed up Shiloh.  JS played that very well, the cop who has to take the statement and bring everyone down to the station, but also the boyfriend who probably wants to beat the crap out of Shiloh himself.  

I disliked that, tbh. Just because Shiloh is running a cult doesn't mean he doesn't have a legitimate case against Jason. We all know that wasn't anywhere near out of the norm for Jason. Yet Shiloh is the bad guy here. Ugh. I hate it when they do that. 

Previews: Jordan will probably offer Jason some sort of deal to bring down Shiloh. I hope Jason laughs in her face—the deal with Franco wasn't exactly a raging success. We all know Jason and/or Sonny will save the town anyway. 

Lulu is only allowed to be a parent to one child at a time, apparently. Charlotte was nowhere to be found at Dante's surprise welcome home party just like Rocco wasn't around for the 'welcome home mommy' party once Lulu got released from the hospital. 

How would the Ryan thing have swayed the election, Laura? No one knew "Kevin" was really Ryan until recently and the election was months ago. Unless they think Port Charles based their voting on whether or not the candidate was married or in the process of getting separated. I find it sad that the writing for today made it seem like Laura cared more about Ryan possibly effecting the election than how the Ryan saga effected her husband, who is apparently still sitting in off-screen jail more than likely going through withdrawl from the drugs Ryan forcibly gave him.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Lulu is only allowed to be a parent to one child at a time, apparently. Charlotte was nowhere to be found at Dante's surprise welcome home party just like Rocco wasn't around for the 'welcome home mommy' party once Lulu got released from the hospital. 

This didn't bother me, given the logistics of having young actors on the show. I think the Rocco actor is pretty bad, and the less I have to see Charlotte, the better (sorry, kids!). There could have been a throwaway line about Charlotte being somewhere for spring break or having a cold or whatever to explain her absence, though. The show is so terrible about stuff like this.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm kind of surprised Olivia put her own needs to give Dante a party above his. She's usually a little more sensitive to that sort of thing, even when it comes to Dante.

I'm not, and I don't mind that she did because I liked it for the most part. It's nice to get little moments between the characters that come with a gathering.

-Michael joking with Ned that the house would seem empty without him after Olivia said she was going to move into Lante's guest bedroom.

-Maxie getting in front of Michael to hug Dante. (Although what the heck was Maxie wearing? Why not get out a mumu for her and Laura's 90s sweaters?)

-Ned and Laura scene.

-Dante calling Chase a little ingrate, heh.

-Lucky shout-out!!! from Dante, mentioning to Curtis that Laura worked well with the cops maybe because her son was on the force.

Too bad Chase and Anna weren't there too, but I'm surprised that that many characters showed up at all.

The arc should have started off with Dante returning to Port Charles.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This didn't bother me, given the logistics of having young actors on the show. I think the Rocco actor is pretty bad, and the less I have to see Charlotte, the better (sorry, kids!). There could have been a throwaway line about Charlotte being somewhere for spring break or having a cold or whatever to explain her absence, though. The show is so terrible about stuff like this.

I understand the logistics behind it especially for child actors but like you said the writers are horrible at explaining absences of characters that realistically should be at a gathering - when they bother to explain at all, that is. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I disliked that, tbh. Just because Shiloh is running a cult doesn't mean he doesn't have a legitimate case against Jason. We all know that wasn't anywhere near out of the norm for Jason. Yet Shiloh is the bad guy here. Ugh. I hate it when they do that. 

I thought it was totally unprofessional but it's par for the course with GEEH jobs.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I should clarify it was Olivia who bugged me, not those little moments you listed, which were nice. 

Oh, I know, that's just the way I wrote my post.

I hated Michael's line of "Kristina is in a cult, she isn't strong like me and you" to Dante. I know that Kristina is a little twit and it was probably to set up Dante being brainwashed to but I hate the male Corinthos smugness.

LOL at Alexis saying to Sonny "I think you're confusing me with Carly". Yet another reason why I like Alexis over Carly.

18 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I hope Leo's nanny gets lots of overtime pay for looking after Danny too.

Maybe Drew can spend some time with his daughter before Jason takes her over.

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think they really made a mistake with the baby swap.  All of the loaded moments between Willow, Wiley, and Shiloh are meaningless.  That is not and never was their baby.

It's such a waste of dramatic time and story. We all know that it's going to come to nothing because the story will be about Michael and his harridan mother.

I just realized that Monica will be losing a grandson from the only son who cares about her, and get a grandson that Carly will now do her best to raise away from her.

55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Previews: Jordan will probably offer Jason some sort of deal to bring down Shiloh. I hope Jason laughs in her face—the deal with Franco wasn't exactly a raging success. We all know Jason and/or Sonny will save the town anyway. 

I know we're supposed to see Chase being protective of Willow because he loves her so much but I really hated him doing that. Of course, it's what "our heroes" Sonny and Jason would do so the writers thought this was a good thing.

Does Jordan know that DoD is an evul cult and Shiloh has committed some crime?  Right now Jordan should be thinking that Shiloh needs to be protected from the serial killer Jason. It weakens the story so much if everyone is on Jason's and Sonny's side.

45 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

How would the Ryan thing have swayed the election, Laura? No one knew "Kevin" was really Ryan until recently and the election was months ago. Unless they think Port Charles based their voting on whether or not the candidate was married or in the process of getting separated. I find it sad that the writing for today made it seem like Laura cared more about Ryan possibly effecting the election than how the Ryan saga effected her husband, who is apparently still sitting in off-screen jail more than likely going through withdrawl from the drugs Ryan forcibly gave him.

I know, it's so stupid.   (Although Kevin sholdn't be going through withdrawal as long as he's being treated by a doctor.)

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I know, it's so stupid.   (Although Kevin shouldn't be going through withdrawal as long as he's being treated by a doctor.)

The show clearly wants to ignore those types consequences of Kevin being held in Ferncliff for six months. Didn't Laura say that the doctor said Kevin was healthy and recovering wonderfully or something like that? Uh, if Kevin was drugged for that long, and we know he was because more than once we heard Ryan making phone calls to increase the medication dosage, he wouldn't be 'healthy.'

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Ryan was shot in the shoulder, now making him indistinguishable from Kevin, who was also shot in the shoulder. 

Different shoulders. Valentin's bullet got Kevin in the left arm/shoulder, Jason got Ryan in the right shoulder. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

DZ has been hitting it out of the ball park these past few days with his acting

He always does/did. It's a real shame that the foreshadowing makes it appear they are going to kill him off. If it's the money, why not kill off Jason, Sam, Sonny, and Carly and pay DZ more? At least he can memorize his lines (looking at you, MB), is audible (wuzzup, KM), gives it more than just long stares (SB in the house!), nor is every aspect of his character obnoxious.

• Love 13
On 3/26/2019 at 6:20 PM, LexieLily said:

So if he's just going to leave his wife and his kids again, what was the point of his return?

To watch him play out a decent mini-arc? That has more point than most stuff on this show. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Different shoulders. Valentin's bullet got Kevin in the left arm/shoulder, Jason got Ryan in the right shoulder. 

Not that the show will remember that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

.  Valentin was facing Kevin and got him in the righ arm/shoulder/chest.  Ryan was facing away from Jason who got him in the left shoulder.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Are Anna and LWB/FS outside Anna's house

It looked like where they had the mayor's inauguration thingy.  

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And suddenly it's nighttime. 

That was so weird, like maintenance shut off the lights not realizing there were still actors on set.  

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

How long is DZ back for? 

Thought it was 12 episodes thought not sure how long in days/weeks that plays out.  We've had at least 2 at home and 2 (3?) with Sonny in Turkey.  

I prefer Nathan over Chase.  There's something about Swickward's acting that I don't like.   I also didn't like the whole plot when he first came on and everyone moaning over him, see NB performance. 

I have a question about this Shiloh crap.  Is Shiloh in the know about moronic Sam?  Or is the show really playing it as though he doesn't know about these idiots?  Because the way it's acted...anyone from a mile away can see how horrible of a "con" job this is.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2