Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Does Liz have a couple of undiagnosed mental disorders?

Why is Liz not concerned about her future arsonist son?

Where is Aidan? Did Lucky take him without Liz noticing?

Did Ric wear a condom every single time he had sex with Liz? Does Jakeson have condoms?

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

Jake is so annoyingly passive about his life. This jocular acceptance of the loss of both his life and his face is ridiculous. He's not angry or afraid or relieved that he can start over - he's just there

Exactly. I just feel like Jake is just a shell. He just does nothing. There is not one choice he made about his life. He there to react to things which is seriously lame. 

• Love 1

And what kind of hospital has pills wide open? I'm a nurse, and ALL of our meds are in a med room, locked up in pyxis machine. You need badge access just to get behind the door into the room, and then you need a username, password, and correct finger printing just to get into the machine. Narcotics are heavily monitored and counted and you need a second witness just to fix a discrepancy or waste. Morgan is so selfish. I don't know what he took, but he's probably going to get Lucas in trouble for this.

This is what happens when the terrorist is being run by a hospital.

ETA, I'm not going to correct this because reasons.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

I called it - they used Spyder Fynder to find a way to drug Michael! Although, since they had Kiki do it, we missed out on the comedy gold that would have been Morgan trying to figure out what terms to look up. Even Michael called Morgan dumb today, it's become that obvious to everyone. But speaking of Kiki, I really need that actress to step it up a bit.

But wait- why was Kiki Spydering it if Morgan had already planted whatever?

She wants to make sure this was the fastest way to end Lucas' career?

This is what happens when the terrorist is being run by a hospital.

I think you want that reversed. :)

• Love 2

Nice to see Sonny tell the truth for a change, when he said the fight between Nathan and Spin was Spin's idea.

My main question is why wasn't she this inquisitive and suspicious before she brought a man with amnesia to her home to live with her small children.

For the same reason Jake has been totally uninterested in figuring out who he is: plot points. And LOL that Beechers Corners is seemingly cut off from modern communications.

I can't watch Ava beg to die when she hasn't even tried to live first. It's so ridiculous. What a quitter.

I love how Morgan and Lauren discuss what bad stuff could happen to Michael after they've put their plan in motion. It probably is too much to ask that their stupid scheme backfires, and Avery is hurt somehow, right?

• Love 6

Oh God. That single fucking tear down McBain's face reminded me of why I used to get so angry in the afternoons. Just die already Evangeline, Marty, Natalie, Nina, Avam whatever. I don't care. Kill it with fire. ME should only be allowed to roll his eyes, yell, and be a cop. Maybe a vampire rockstar.

Good job wasting Billy Miller, Ron. That's what- 5 , 6 good actors in the past 2 years you've wasted? You're fired.

• Love 4

Actually, given what we've seen of her management style and her dislike of the Corinthii, I don't think Dr. O will be happy those drugs went missing.  They didn't drop in Lucas' name for no reason.  Nice how Morgan has no problem using his uncle like that, asshat.

• Love 1

Morgan and Kiki are idiots, but Michael is an asshole in keeping his sister and brothers away from Avery. So I don't feel too sorry for him in that sense.

Michael tried to talk to his brother today to get Morgan to see Michael's side of the argument.  Michael didn't really have to give Morgan the time of day considering that ANOTHER family member has barged their way into Michael's home.  He doesn't seek out his family to confront them or get into an argument.  They seek HIM out.  So Morgan lies his way into the house to drug his brother, and Michael actually took the time to try and get Morgan to see Michael's side by asking him to think if their situations were reversed and AJ murdered Sonny.  Morgan dismissed the notion and insisted that he's going to deliver Avery to Sonny.  So Michael tries to reason with him that "How is Avery safer with Sonny?" and that Michael is just trying to keep her safe, and Morgan is still "No, Sonny is the boss, and I'm going to make sure Avery is back in his world," and that's when Michael said that he's not letting Sonny, Morgan or Kiki near Avery (because "you're all NUTS").  Morgan tried to punch Michael, but Michael was ready for it because he swerved, Morgan missed, and then Michael clocked his brother with "Not this time."  I REALLY liked that.

Once Morgan left, Michael went right back to ELQ and family business with Ned.  He didn't rage against Morgan.  He just went back to his life.  Morgan and Kiki are the ones obsessing about Michael.  There is no excuse for them thinking it's okay to drug Michael.  It's even more ludicrous as Kiki discusses that it's good that they get Avery away from the "bad influence" of Michael and return her to the "safety" of Sonny's world.  (insert eye roll)  TOO stupid.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 17
Either way, I want less of RP onscreen trying to approximate human emotions - unless he's going to be paired with Sabrina. He and Sabrina would be pretty, she couldn't be a self-righteous drip with him and I could enjoy watching them on mute if they got annoying.

I couldn't disagree with this, more. Sabrina and Nathan would be SO boring together. They both need to be with live-wires/spitfires. Okay, I don't disagree with the "mute if they got annoying" part that much, except I'm pretty sure they'd leave me comatose before I could find the mute button.

I don't even dislike Ryan and/or his acting. But these two characters as a couple, to me, epitomize boredom.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 1

Is anyone else freaked out that Olivia, who has been pregnant since New Year's Day, looks like she's about to give birth? I know soap pregnancies are short and that the actress is further along in real life, but really show? Are we going for a Nurses Ball birth?

Nathan, I know you love Maxie, but really, run from her and the mess of Spinelli. Aim higher for the "girl of your dreams".

Morgan and Kiki... I just can't even. They've done the impossible, they've made me hate Sonny less in comparison.

And Dear Valerie, Ask Lulu and Tracy for their phone numbers in case you ever find something that will help them... and then instantly text message them telling them that Luke with a gun is in the closet and that the moment they leave to call 911. Then, before they leave, prop a damn chair under the doorknob thus trapping Luke in the closet and then run for the door before he starts shooting. Wait for police a safe distance. Done and done. Seriously, Grow. A. Brain, Valerie!!

I kind of like the Silas/Ava stuff. It's such a weird right turn from everything they were just doing with Ava but like it.

GreenHaydenLee, you're one of the reasons I stopped watching AMC and I can't even with you either.

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 1

And Dear Valerie, Ask Lulu and Tracy for their phone numbers in case you ever find something that will help them... and then instantly text message them telling them that Luke with a gun is in the closet and that the moment they leave to call 911. Then, before they leave, prop a damn chair under the doorknob thus trapping Luke in the closet and then run for the door before he starts shooting. Wait for police a safe distance. Done and done. Seriously, Grow. A. Brain, Valerie!!

I'll give Valerie a bit of a pass.  She didn't grow up in Port Charles so she's probably not used to violence, guns being shoved in her face, etc.  

Lulu will get her up to speed soon enough.  "Oh, cuz, let me tell you about the time I was frozen alive!".

Question because I forgot - where does Valerie live?  I'm surprised it's not some town from another defunct soap.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Question because I forgot - where does Valerie live?  I'm surprised it's not some town from another defunct soap.

Beecher's Corners

;)

Edited by rur
  • Love 1

Exactly. I just feel like Jake is just a shell. He just does nothing. There is not one choice he made about his life. He there to react to things which is seriously lame. 

Instead of the inevitable fight for Sam, Jakeson and Patrick should grab some beers and compare notes. Because the way you described Jake is now also Patrick. No POV, really no character, just around to be up Sam's ass 24/7/365.

• Love 3

I'll give Valerie a bit of a pass.  She didn't grow up in Port Charles so she's probably not used to violence, guns being shoved in her face, etc.  

Lulu will get her up to speed soon enough.  "Oh, cuz, let me tell you about the time I was frozen alive!".

Poor Valerie, about to find out she's related to those noxious beasts Carly & Morgan . . .

• Love 3

Instead of the inevitable fight for Sam, Jakeson and Patrick should grab some beers and compare notes. Because the way you described Jake is now also Patrick. No POV, really no character, just around to be up Sam's ass 24/7/365.

JT, BM, Budig, RH, Becky, all wasted in this story, I swear.

• Love 4

Wait - does she really? I can't tell if you're joking or not. I know that's where Rebecca Budig said she and Jake were from.

Joking, Ulkis -- I just couldn't resist, especially since it had just been mentioned today as being the equivalent of BFE.

But on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised, you know, history, and Luke, … and all.

Edited by rur
  • Love 1

Previews...Rebecca Budig (sorry, I won't be calling her Hayden) talking to her off-screen accomplice...is the show really expecting us to be surprised when it's revealed to be Ric?

But it's so shoc...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm sorry. You were saying?

• Love 2

The difference is that Patrick knowing all the facts about his life chooses to be with Sam. Jake on the other hand comes across as a guy who can't make any decisions.

"Jake, you should come live with me." "Okay." "Jake, you should see a therapist." "Jake" "Okay." "Jake, you should ask Sam to let her father hire you." Agree with the decision. 

Honestly, I have yet to see him take initiative in anything. 

• Love 3

The difference is that Patrick knowing all the facts about his life chooses to be with Sam. Jake on the other hand comes across as a guy who can't make any decisions.

"Jake, you should come live with me." "Okay." "Jake, you should see a therapist." "Jake" "Okay." "Jake, you should ask Sam to let her father hire you." Agree with the decision. 

Honestly, I have yet to see him take initiative in anything. 

So Jake is like...protoplasmic goo, able to adapt himself to the whims of those around him, just as the goo can change its shape in any given space? Seems about on target.

But I still say Patrick - even allegedly knowing all - could be replaced with a cardboard version of himself, and the scenes wouldn't be at all affected. Patrick under Guza could be an arrogant ass but at least we saw the hows and whys.

The only guys RC seems to give a crap about are Luke, Sonny, and maybe Spinelli. And that average...sucks. A lot.

• Love 2

If she would have said "Your name is Dr. Jake Martin. We were fighting about my dead first husband. " Then showed a picture of Leo, I might have smiled. If Greenlee meets Duke Lavery and says "I knew a Lavery once. What a jerk." Then I will cheer. That's the meta I can deal with.

Are we really doing another round of cage matches for Jason's love?

The only guys RC seems to give a crap about are Luke, Sonny, and maybe Spinelli. And that average...sucks. A lot.

I think he cares about Franco too. And Nathan's chest. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

So Jake is like...protoplasmic goo, able to adapt himself to the whims of those around him, just as the goo can change its shape in any given space? Seems about on target.

But I still say Patrick - even allegedly knowing all - could be replaced with a cardboard version of himself, and the scenes wouldn't be at all affected. Patrick under Guza could be an arrogant ass but at least we saw the hows and whys.

Okay. I agree with you when it comes to Patrick being boring as hell now days. I wish he showed some personality but at least he is not crying 24/7 like he used. :D

If she would have said "Your name is Dr. Jake Martin. We were fighting about my dead first husband. " Then showed a picture of Leo, I might have smiled

Leo :(  I'm still not over the cluster fuck of AMC getting Josh back and her still ending up with fucking Ryan. Ugh. 

• Love 3

HATED this episode. I couldn't get past the overwhelming urge to vomit at this forced and contrived BS with Ava and Silas. Maybe because I've never, not for one second, bought that he ever gave a damn about her. So for him to try and show it now just looks utterly stupid. Literally, the dialogue was making me want to throw up. And I feel for Ava, god do I, but I'm not sure I buy her so willing to die when she's fought to survive against everything up until now. Ugh, Silas is making me rage. That's probably it, she realizes she's going to be stuck in that dungeon with the personality suck for another three months and so she just wants to end it as soon as possible. I know I would.

The rest sucked too, across all fronts. And the guys' hair lately just looks god awful. Ned's was abysmal. Obviously, no budget for Men's Hair this month.

Let's see, Fluke, the triangle of suck with Sonny refereeing, Liz and her territorial bitchface, the idiots and the dumbass CEO who can't keep track of his company's shares, I mean it's just all so so bad.

I'm not sure MW's acting is worth this much tripe. But she's still amazing.

Edited by tvgoddess

Morgan and Kiki are idiots, but Michael is an asshole in keeping his sister and brothers away from Avery. So I don't feel too sorry for him in that sense.

Given that the two are plotting possible manslaughter because they couldn't get their respective ways, I'd say Michael is being proven 110% right in his decision to keep them away from her.  They're scum.

So lemme get dis straight: Morgan not only stole drugs from the hospital, he has no idea what he stole and what the side effects of this medication are or what bad reactions with alcohol or even food could be?!?

And, given that it was apparently just lying around for him to grab, Morgan stole needed medication from a patient.

Let that sink in for a moment, along with a few moments reflection on what kind of diseases put patients in such agony they need medication that practically renders them insensate to counter it.

And Morgan stole it from someone who needed it.

Scum.  Scum.  Scum.

Now I have "Trapped in the Closet" stuck in my head.

Cue up the inevitable, "Tony Geary comes out of the closet" jokes...

Better there then douching his way around town like he normally does.

• Love 6

But Nathan does have an amazing chest, doesn't he? RC is giving Maura West her redemtion story. I know Maura West will do a great job. RC has already released one murderer in Sonny so he had do something different. The Jake story is dumb since we know who he really is. I like Rebecca Budig and I've been watching her since Guiding Light but she really isn't needed here. Also, did MB have the fewest lines ever on the show? Why was he there? Couldn't Sonny have been in the bathroom or something?!

Leo :(  I'm still not over the cluster fuck of AMC getting Josh back and her still ending up with fucking Ryan. Ugh.

I wasn't an AMC viewer and this is off-topic, but I still dont understand why they didnt use all the shootage they shot with Josh. At the time, his career was really hot and getting back on a soap was a huge boone. I understand that changes had to be made at the last minute for the Prospect Park reboot, but still they got Josh Duhamel and didn't use it to its fullest potential.

• Love 1

If she would have said "Your name is Dr. Jake Martin. We were fighting about my dead first husband. " Then showed a picture of Leo, I might have smiled. If Greenlee meets Duke Lavery and says "I knew a Lavery once. What a jerk." Then I will cheer. That's the meta I can deal with.

Are we really doing another round of cage matches for Jason's love?

I would legit mark out if Sam, Carly, and Liz had a Hell in a Cell match for Jason. Bonus points if the Undertaker runs down to the ring to throw one of them off the top of the cage. I vote Carly.
  • Love 5

imo, I don't think they're mocking assisted suicide. Ava might have other options left, but that doesn't necessarily think she thinks it's worth it. Ava is hardly the most rational or optimistic thinking person under the best of circumstances.

I think this is so out of left field for her, she doesn't know what to think. Her first instinct when being threatened with a gun is fight or flight. This is something she never saw coming or anticipated. When he first told her, she was all for finding a match, went through all of those options with him, and every single one was shot down. She doesn't want to do the chemo (can't blame her at all there), so her options are lying in that bed for three more months listening to Silas' monotone voice or getting out a few months early. I think if she hadn't gotten to say her "goodbyes" at her memorial, then she'd be singing a different tune. I can see why she thinks she doesn't have options left. Even if she had a few more months, it's not like she thinks she'll get to see Avery. Plus the fact, that she wants to go out on her own terms.

In other news, is this really Ron's plan to save Silas, sticking the dour doctor in a cancer/assisted suicide plot?

Fail.

If I'm not mistaken, ME asked for a cancer storyline of this nature due to his parents.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

I am DYING to see Carly's reaction to Morgan's plan once it fails spectacularly and Michael is hurt. 

I just want Michael to point out that Morgan is just like his awful parents while Carly tries to figure out how to explain that what Morgan did to Michael was wrong and terrible but what she did to AJ was totally justifiable

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

I am DYING to see Carly's reaction to Morgan's plan once it fails spectacularly and Michael is hurt.

Carly will scream at Morgan because he may have hurt Sonny's chances of getting his property back.

• Love 4

I'm shocked disgusted and appalled that Kiki and Morgan are planning this heinous vile disgusting plan on a person they have claimed to love he is your brother Morgan you piece of shit. I don't understand how any one in their right mind would think a baby is safer in the mob world. It's infuriating how Micheal points out logic and these two seriously act like he's evil it's baffling and I can't believe RC would think this shit is warranted

I really hope this plan has somewhat of a Domino effect, though I wouldn't wish it, like Micheal and Avery involved in a accident seriously injuring both, Lucas losing his job and Morgan and Kiki becoming Pariahs

• Love 5

I just finished today's episode and it's too late to express all my feeling about Show tonight - other than to say that I think of hungry crocodiles and Maxie and Spinelli together but not for long - and I see Dentu-Creme commercials in Tony Geary's future after that grimace he had on in the closet - and I didn't think Morgan had been taught yet how to walk up stairs - and that NuKiki has achieved greatness in a very short time, since she's every bit as repulsive as KA was and it took KA YEARS to become so awful - but THIS left me stunned.  Stunned that anyone could feel it, much less say it....

So Ava says that sometime in the Pleistocene Era, she and Silas were mating, and Silas said "I've never felt so alive".....When the hell has Silas EVER looked alive?  That's like saying "Remember when Sonny looked clean", or "Morgan looked smart", or "Carly looked sane"?    

Silly, silly Show.

Edited by boes
  • Love 19

The more I think about if the more I believe Lucas will get in trouble for Morgan's stupidity. He will lose his job and become angry. He will feel as if he's mooching off of Brad and all of this will cause conflict in there relationship. It will end with either Brad or Lucas cheating.

MoRon is a pathetic predictable hack.

Positive- I like that they Q's have been shown doing business things.

• Love 3

The more I think about if the more I believe Lucas will get in trouble for Morgan's stupidity. He will lose his job and become angry. He will feel as if he's mooching off of Brad and all of this will cause conflict in there relationship. It will end with either Brad or Lucas cheating.

MoRon is a pathetic predictable hack.

Positive- I like that they Q's have been shown doing business things.

You have too much faith in MoRon. He's not giving them a story, so I doubt it would ever go that far. He might lose his job (extreme), get suspended for a short time, or it really will be just a throwaway line in the end. Besides, your scenario actually sounds character-driven in some spots, and we all know for damn sure that ain't happenin'!

Maybe Lucas will notice a missing bottle or vial or whatever, or not. Michael might end up in the ER and they later find out what's in his system, which causes Lucas to connect the dots that Morgan stole drugs that day he came to visit and drugged Michael. He knows that they are on bad terms.

Speaking of stealing drugs from GH: Didn't Felix once lift antibiotics from the hospital for Sabrina to treat Johnny on her couch?

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 2

Didn't GH have a story about drugs being stolen from the hospital several years ago? Shouldn't they have new protocols about securing drugs?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

Felix had antibiotics in his nurse's kit that Sabrina stole. Apparently, drugs being stolen (or prescription ) aren't a new thing at GH. Patrick stole whatever drug when he had the brief drug addiction in 2012 where he hallucinated Robin at the Haunted Star. Nina and Madeline stole Dr. O's prescription pad in November. Sabrina switched or wrote /called in a different script for Ava (it was an antacid with a side effect of premature labor). Dr. O chose not to report Nina/Madeline, I think. Epiphany didn't turn Patrick in. Nothing happened to Felix. And that's just off the top of my head. Im sure Maxie stole pills for Lucky at one time.

An interesting twist would be if it blew up in Morgan's face that he drugged Micheal and then we learn Avery is actually Morgan's kid. Except thanks to Kiki and Sonny pushing and pulling him, he can't see his own kid. So Kiki and Sonny and Julian get eventual visitation, but never Morgan. Morgan loses everything and becomes like the Corinthos's AJ. Morgan ends up battling his own father for the rest of his life with Carly in the middle, and Micheal remains distant. What haunts Morgan is what Micheal told him in today's episode "What if AJ killed Sonny?"

• Love 4

Well I for one am going to enjoy Sam driving a story for as long as I can because once Jason is revealed she'll go back to being up HIS ass 24/7. Sigh, and to think I was really into SamTrick at the beginning. Such a waste.

I think this is so out of left field for her, she doesn't know what to think. Her first instinct when being threatened with a gun is fight or flight. This is something she never saw coming or anticipated. When he first told her, she was all for finding a match, went through all of those options with him, and every single one was shot down. She doesn't want to do the chemo (can't blame her at all there), so her options are lying in that bed for three more months listening to Silas' monotone voice or getting out a few months early. I think if she hadn't gotten to say her "goodbyes" at her memorial, then she'd be singing a different tune. I can see why she thinks she doesn't have options Left

I shouldn't have said mockery, bad choice of words. Distorting the facts of assisted suicide is more like it. We want it for people with NO options, people in the end stages of their illness that want their last minutes to be peaceful. Not people that are giving up when there is still hope. It's a very slippery slope and I am just upset over how it's being handled here. I think her reactions are realistic, I just wish they didn't use the words assisted suicide and even quote legalities and such. Ok I am stepping off my soapbox now, promise.

• Love 5

I'm just going to enjoy Rebecca Budig being a bitch to everyone in Port Charles. Maybe she'll meet Micheal and sex him up, dump his pills, and punch Kiki in the face. On her way out, she'll hand him a piece of paper with Robin's number. Or she can just find out Jake kissed Carly and sex up Micheal. Either way. But please, punch Rosalie, Kiki, and dump the allergy pills. Then I'll enjoy the KeMo/Billy Miller scenes because they're good. Sigh.

• Love 4

An interesting twist would be if it blew up in Morgan's face that he drugged Micheal and then we learn Avery is actually Morgan's kid. Except thanks to Kiki and Sonny pushing and pulling him, he can't see his own kid. So Kiki and Sonny and Julian get eventual visitation, but never Morgan. Morgan loses everything and becomes like the Corinthos's AJ. Morgan ends up battling his own father for the rest of his life with Carly in the middle, and Micheal remains distant. What haunts Morgan is what Micheal told him in today's episode "What if AJ killed Sonny?"

It's interesting that Kiki is expressing doubts and concerns, while Morgan is going full-steam ahead recklessly drugging his brother. It's Morgan, not Kiki, that is being written as a straight-up villain. And not in the same vein that Franco is a villain yet the show wants us to feel sorry for him; Morgan is a villain in the traditional sense.

The problem is that he doesn't really have anything to lose when the truth comes out. He doesn't have a job, no love interest, Kiki is his only friend, his parents barely even notice him, and I'm not sure if he still has that job at the Haunted Star. When the truth comes out, what consequence is Morgan going to pay? Heck, Carly is too far up Jake's ass to even give her youngest son a proper verbal evisceration.

• Love 4

Let's see, Fluke, the triangle of suck with Sonny refereeing, Liz and her territorial bitchface, the idiots and the dumbass CEO who can't keep track of his company's shares, I mean it's just all so so bad.

Don't stockholders have to give notice to the company and the SEC when they sell it, especially people who own larges amounts of stock? I don't understand how the damn CEO of a publicly traded company can't keep track of who owns outstanding stock. Does ELQ not have a CFO? And there's also the fact that Michael hired that lying scheming worthless Rosalie to be his assistant. So much incompetence at this company. I'm shocked that he's managed to keep the company afloat this long. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

It's interesting that Kiki is expressing doubts and concerns, while Morgan is going full-steam ahead recklessly drugging his brother. It's Morgan, not Kiki, that is being written as a straight-up villain.

I noted that yesterday too.  That kind of writing for Kiki would have surprised me less with Kristen Alderson still in the role, but now, why not just make Kiki a full-on scheming bitch?

And again, Morgan doesn't know that Kiki wants custody for herself, right?  He doesn't know she's gone to Julian for help?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1