Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Anna and Nathan and a criminal waste of a couch. Come on show!

Since Nathan spent a lot of time during their conversation adjusting the sleeves on his shirt, I fanwanked he'd just put it back on and that they'd done the deed before they got down to talking cop. 

When Jordin asked Duke why he was asking her to shoot Julian, am I the only one who yelled "Because Shawn will miss!" at the TV?

Did I hear Sonny say that Sam was "the widow of one of my closest friends"?  Has Jason been posthumously demoted from BFF?  Duke's taken that slot now?

If Sonny says he has LOTS of close friends (like Sabrina's lots of sex), that makes him seem much more intimidating as he looks up into Jake's face.

Edited by rur
  • Love 10
Duke might be living in Sonny's garden shed (where is he now?).

I have it on good authority he sleeps in a laundry basket filled with clean but not yet folded towels.  At least that's where my cat always slept.

• Love 15

I have always really liked the friendship between Patrick and Liz. That is one thing the show has gotten right. I'm so glad those two never even considered anything else. I could do without all the Jake talk though.

They have really great friendship chemistry. I've always enjoyed that, too. But like you said, it's unfortunate that their convo was just about Jake (and Liz's love life). As much as I hate Patrick, it's sad to see him basically become a character that just sits there and nods his head.

The hypocrisy was flying free today.   Sonny being all affronted for Sam's sake...and anyone that hurts Sam...all the while knowing there is a hit out on her father at that very moment was laughable.    Carly is always a hypocrite, so that's nothing new.

I actually think Sam's comments on the custody mess were the most non hypocritical thing uttered on the show today.   She can't really condemn Sonny as a dad, because that would basically be condemning the father of her own child.  I would have LIKED her to take a clearer side, but at least she didn't outright say Michael was in the wrong.   I did still really love all the Sam/Julian goodness.  Although my dad did watch briefly today and commented that Julian looks way too young to be Sam's dad.  LOL.

I really think that Nathan needs to share all scenes with Anna.  I think Fin has that magic that elevates everyone around her, because RP was actually really good today.   And the past few weeks I have been cringing with how bad he still is.  Today was just....different. 

• Love 6

I'm so not interested in the two nut jobs of Franco & Nina. I don't think of sweeping love story between them. It's a shame that Howarth had to play him after the Todd debacle. There's nothing redeeming about the character. He's not even likable. They've paired him with every woman and it's not working. The same goes for Michele Stafford. I can't beleive that RC gets paid money for junk like this. Boggles the mind!

I've never bought most of the love stories on this show. GH isn't DOOL-it's never been great at romance(not even in the so called glory days of the 80's).

I liked RH as Franco Q, though I would have rather he'd been Jimmy Lee's kid or something. He fit at the Q manse and was sparkly with JE. But then, most people are sparkly with JE because I guess she brings it out.

Big, major fail not to make him a real Q from the get go. Imagine him falling for Carly anyway, and the chaos at Monica's house after that.

I think Franco and Nina unfortunately are both victims of the sloppiness of this regime. As are most of the characters, but it's worse for new or "reinvented" characters, because they have to try harder to justify their reason for existence on this already overbloated show.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't think Nina is any more grating than Alexis, for instance, and I can cut Nina slack because she's been horribly written from day one, whereas Alexis has not.

As far as anything via babies, Michael and Tracy being OOC. As a decades long Q fan, as a Tracy fan, my take on her is that one of the ways she always liked to let her softness show was by having a soft spot for strays.

I don't mean taking them in, necessarily. And I don't mean those she considered "interlopers" to the family name.

I mean people like Lulu, who was motherless and basically fatherless when they first met. I mean Zoey and Jacob from The City, who formed unexpected bonds with Tracy. I mean Michael, whose bio father is dead, and bio mother/adopted father might as well be as far as Michael is concerned. I mean AJ, in those really small moments from long ago when the show was much better, when the two of them weren't at each other's throats. Because in her heart, Tracy has always felt like an outsider in her own family much like AJ did. She's been banished from the Q house so many times, when Alan has done things just as bad and was never banished. Tracy knows what it feels like to feel unloved, unwanted, and without family by her side. So I can actually see her and Michael bonding right now-it actually makes sense to me. Especially since she's never disliked him, and told him so on more than one occasion. And without watching, I can see her feeling a kinship with Avery for the same listed reasons. I mean, Tracy's had that experience so much in her life, of not feeling loved or wanted or fitting in or being appreciated.

And within reason, I can excuse any baby gushing, because as others have said, she's older, she's lost so much, etc.

• Love 4

Sam, you shut your mouth!! You need to be 100% behind Michael on this one. It makes no sense that you would have any doubt about that.

No,  I get it, coming from Sam. She knows that the baby would probably be safer away from Sonny, but I think they all know Michael also did this out of revenge (do I think it was all revenge, no, but it was certainly the driving factor), and I think all probably sympathize to a certain extent, even Liz, despite what she said last week, at least the characters who are parents, with Sonny, even though he's a crap parent. Especially Sam, who has led a dangerous life at times and probably knows someone could build a case her.

I don't think that means that Sam thinks Michael is dirtbag or anything.

I really think that Nathan needs to share all scenes with Anna.  I think Fin has that magic that elevates everyone around her, because RP was actually really good today.   And the past few weeks I have been cringing with how bad he still is.  Today was just....different. 

I don't think he was great, but I do think he is better with Finola. They have chemistry. but I think someone was right when they said his voice makes his sound more robotic than he actually is.

Paevey put a really cute picture of himself holding Harper Barash, and apparently he is on vacation with them, because it was taken from Florida, and I couldn't help but wonder if him being such good friends with them makes it harder for him to make out with Kirsten, cause I was thinking his kissing scenes seemed off the other week. Or who knows, maybe it makes him more comfortable than he would be otherwise.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I'll admit you guys have good points about Sam and why she might not condemn Sonny 100%. I'm just a little fired up about everyone telling Michael to forgive Sunday, and everyone always talking about what a great father Sonny is. It's possible that I've become overly sensitive on the subject.

Julian being Sonny's worst enemy really doesn't make any sense, because Sonny is out of da bidness. Right?

• Love 4

I'll admit you guys have good points about Sam and why she might not condemn Sonny 100%. I'm just a little fired up about everyone telling Michael to forgive Sunday, and everyone always talking about what a great father Sonny is. It's possible that I've become overly sensitive on the subject.

Well brace yourself for tomorrow because...previews...it looks like Duke's going to take a turn at Michael too.  Shut up in advance, Duke.

• Love 8

Ha, I get it. I'm sure next time Michael and Dante have scenes Dante is going to tell him how he's letting revenge eat him up blah blah blah and I'll be super annoyed. But like I said, I think that makes sense coming him from perspective too, however much it pisses me off that people are telling Michael to just let it go that Sonny got out of prison early.

Well brace yourself for tomorrow because...previews...it looks like Duke's going to take a turn at Michael too.  Shut up in advance, Duke.

Him, he can shut up. It's none of his business, like even remotely. Like people like Sam are Michael's friends/family. He can especially shut up since this custody fight has enabled him to keep on being in charge and he totally is getting off on it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

What a guy that Sonny is, being "offended" Sam was taken hostage.

I know Sonny replaces women like socks but I thought he valued his hitmen more. Jason's "one of" his closest friends? Pppffft but they were even dressed alike today...

Carly and Ric were watchable. Go figure.

I know its a show but I hate whenever Jordan is in the kitchen at Kelly's with her pretty hair untied back. Probably because it reminds me of my pet peeve of women actually cooking on TV without their hair tied back.

• Love 2

I know Sonny replaces women like socks but I thought he valued his hitmen more. Jason's "one of" his closest friends? Pppffft but they were even dressed alike today...

Black tee shirt sale at the grey paint store.

• Love 15

Jake and all the conversations about him continues to be extremely boring. The Anna/Nathan scenes were the only thing worth a damn today. Fin is given crumbs and she's making a State Dinner. And I'm totally with those of you who think they just had sex. If stuff can happen on Ron's Twitter, then Anna can have sex with her detectives on this board.

Why was Patrick wearing eye-liner?

Why was Sonny wearing a jacket from Forever 21?

Why am I still watching this show?

• Love 4

Duke always wears an overcoat and a scarf. I don't know who IB is bribing in Wardrobe, but he always looks good. Maybe he pulls a Constance Towers and just wears his own clothes to spare himself the embarrassment.

• Love 6

**Please let Michael bring up AJ was the only one that gave Duke a chance and Duke might as well as have took a piss on his grave after Sonny and Ava banged on it.**

• Love 19

**Please let Michael bring up AJ was the only one that gave Duke a chance and Duke might as well as have took a piss on his grave after Sonny and Ava banged on it.**

I would LOOOOOOVE that!

• Love 4

Well, Michael called him a hypocrite, so hopefully that's what it's about :)

• Love 6

On the other hand, seeing Sonny dressed like a '60s hood, looking UP at Jake, and threatening him because Jake kissed his woman was not threatening at all. I felt embarrassed for Sonny, the middle-aged middle schooler, threatening a bigger, badder high schooler.

There. Fixed.

• Love 1

Actually, if Sonny had more than half a brain, he would try to hire NuJason because it would stop him from working for Julian and it would give him a professional enforcer on his pay roll.

• Love 2

What a guy that Sonny is, being "offended" Sam was taken hostage.

I thought that was funny because I could always tell who the female star on the show was based on who Sonny was "offended" for.

• Love 2

I thought that was funny because I could always tell who the female star on the show was based on who Sonny was "offended" for.

But Sonny wasn't offended on Sam's behalf, it was all for Jaaaaaaayyyyyysssooon!!!!

Sonny looked ridiculous in that leather jacket. I couldn't stop Brenda-cackling every time he was on.

I really liked the Sam/Julian talk though there is no way she feels for Patrick what she did/does for Jason. NOT. BUYING. IT. RON!!! And yeah, inappropriate chemistry up the wazoo. I thought they were going to start making out after he put his hand on her knee(leg?).

I give Jake two weeks before he switches to the illegal side of Julian's businesses. Month, tops.

• Love 2

It's about damn time Anna realized she was putting Jordan in danger just to punish that feline cat Duke.

Pouting over Liz is not a good look Ric. Or for anyone, really. 

STFU Sonny. Wave around your little gun and make some pointless threats and then STFU.

• Love 1
Actually, if Sonny had more than half a brain, he would try to hire NuJason because it would stop him from working for Julian and it would give him a professional enforcer on his pay roll.

I would be suprised if he didn't at least attempt to hire him as a double agent of sorts, just to get the goods on both the police and Julian's organization.

But Sonny wasn't offended on Sam's behalf, it was all for Jaaaaaaayyyyyysssooon!!!!

I really liked the Sam/Julian talk though there is no way she feels for Patrick what she did/does for Jason. NOT. BUYING. IT. RON!!!

Jason was just "one of his closest friends," though. He was demoted from BFF4Ever. :(

I don't care about Samtrick at all and Sam can have the wallpaper and all that, but Ron already trying to pretend like Samtrick is on JaSam levels is freaking comedy. Show us, Ron. Don't tell us.

• Love 3

I really liked the Sam/Julian talk though there is no way she feels for Patrick what she did/does for Jason. NOT. BUYING. IT. RON!!! 

I feel like she was saying that it could start to be something like what she had with Jason. But maybe I'm just wanking it. And if she was supposed to be saying her relationship with Patrick was approaching Jason levels, then that's just ridiculous and they have to know no one buys that, come on, unless you've only been watching since after Steve Burton left.

And if that is what they're going for, maybe they should try to show Sam acting like Patrick is more than her fuck buddy.

And the annoying this is, they usually do this and then afterwards go, "we know that was totally out of character, but we had to do this plot point." Like in February when Lulu believed that Dante would trash talk her to Luke and then two episodes later Maxie was like um that doesn't sound like Dante at all and Lulu was like "oh, you're right. Dunno why I thought that, except the plot required me to. Guess I should check on him now!" or of course the biggest one, when after the Canco wedding Carly was like "why the hell did I sleep with Franco? That sounds nothing like me! Guess it was a delayed reaction to Jason's death!"

Like it's nice to know the writers do know the characters a bit after all? But then it makes this kind of stuff more frustrating.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

I think I'm looking forward to it. Michael can offer him an overflowing glass of STFU and call him out for his treatment of the only person who gave him a chance

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

I feel like she was saying that it could start to be something like what she had with Jason. But maybe I'm just wanking it. And if she was supposed to be saying her relationship with Patrick was approaching Jason levels, then that's just ridiculous and they have to know no one buys that, come on, unless you've only been watching since after Steve Burton left.

And if that is what they're going for, maybe they should try to show Sam acting like Patrick is more than her fuck buddy.

And the annoying this is, they usually do this and then afterwards go, "we know that was totally out of character, but we had to do this plot point." Like in February when Lulu believed that Dante would trash talk her to Luke and then two episodes later Maxie was like um that doesn't sound like Dante at all and Lulu was like "oh, you're right. Dunno why I thought that, except the plot required me to. Guess I should check on him now!" or of course the biggest one, when after the Canco wedding Carly was like "why the hell did I sleep with Franco? That sounds nothing like me! Guess it was a delayed reaction to Jason's death!"

Like it's nice to know the writers do know the characters a bit after all? But then it makes this kind of stuff more frustrating.

This is exactly what annoys me about Ron. He twists characters to fit his particular plot and then when everything is back to normal, the character is all, "I never meant that/felt that way/loved that person" etc. No consistency at all.

• Love 4

Sonny's jacket was like 2 sizes too big for him and I could not stop laughing about it.

I loved the Carly/Ric scenes. Those two have chem. I hate myself!

I'm already pissed at Jordan and then she interrupted Nathan and Anna before they could fuck on the couch. Dammit, Jordan!

I'm normally all about some inappropriate chem but Julian and Sam were creepy  today. Too much! 

Edited by peachmangosteen

Rick Hearst is a chemistry magnet. It's only his skill as an actor that keeps me from not hating Ric when he whines about Sonny hating him or Liz being fickle or whatever. On paper, Ric is horrible.

• Love 13

It feels very much like the set up for Robin's return from the dead when RC tried to pretend that there was some actual conflict in the choice between a years long marriage and a relationship that has existed for a few months. 

I believe that Sam likes Patrick (have they even exchanged ILYs?) but she was madly in love with Jasus for nearly a decade.  I could buy a conflict over placing her child in harm's way by being with Jason again but not one about her feelings for her dead husband

• Love 5

Duke always wears an overcoat and a scarf.

In the show in my head this is because after twenty years in a hot Turkish Prison, Duke is always cold. Of course in the show in my head he has PTSD which explains his behavior. Oh and Robin has the same condition and some day Duke will snap out of it and be like "Robin's in Paris? Away from her child? This does not sound like Robin." He will then grab Mac who will of course agree with him and they along with a suddenly appearing Robert will rescue not only Robin from the Cassadines, but the real Luke, the one in PC being a clone.

The show in my head is just so good

• Love 9

I'm normally all about some inappropriate chem but Julian and Sam were creepy  today. Too much!

Carly makes me crazy when she's propping Sonny, but scenes like the one with Ric remind me of who I think Carly actually is, and I enjoy it. Carly has always had some desperation at her core, especially with men, but all this schmoopy love with a man who has threatened her #1 son seems so out of character; it's nice to see (who I think is) the real Carly is. And that Carly does indeed hate Ric, and they spar well.

As for Julian and Sam, when they hugged and he starting caressing her hair, he suddenly shifted his hands to a more fatherly hug position, like WdV's default hug mode is all sexy and hot and he suddenly realized "Whoops, this is my daughter!" I laughed.

• Love 13

I like Ric because he is an old school soap opera trope that seems to have dissapeared, especially in this soap, as of late. The male schemer. He isn't a mobster, a psycho, or even a deep and tortured anti heroe, or a good guy, he is just the manipulative dude that cons people to get ahead, and may, or may not feel guilty about it, depending on the day. Unlike the other bad guys, his thing isn't violence, it's just being a selfish asshole without scruples. I find that entertaining and refreshing.

And, no, it's not suprising him and Carly hate each other so much (and have so much chemistry), seeing as they're so damn alike. I know people say Carly is so much like Sonny, but I personally think Ric is her soulmate  (in a "George and Martha-Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf" sort of way)

• Love 13

So under the topic of "That happened" today, Sam actually referred to Jake as a kid.  When she was talking to her father about helping out jake and keeping him out of the criminal side of his business, Sam actually referred to her "husband" as a kid.   I think I have heard absolutely everything now.  I always felt BM was too young or perhaps he is just playing Jake as a younger brother to Jason Morgan, but for RC to actually write that dialogue in Sam's mouth referring to her husband as a "kid" was surprising. 

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 5

I still can't fathom the utter stupidity of everyone in PC. I missed, blocked out, was traumatized by most of the Borg years and even I'm like Jason red herrings abound. I mean, damn. Dude is walking around wearing the Jason Uniform, looking like Michael's older brother, with hitman skills. What else do they need?

Edited by Grrpants09
  • Love 2

I still can't fathom the utter stupidity of everyone in PC. I missed, blocked out, was traumatized by most of the Borg years and even I'm like Jason red herrings abound. I mean, damn. Dude is walking around wearing the Jason Uniform, looking like Michael's older brother, with hitman skills. What else do they need?

Why would they think Jake was Jason?  Jason is dead.  How could they ever know that Jason was "raised from the dead," had complete facial reconstruction, voice change, and personality transplant, and then recognize him as Jason?  I don't think Jake is like Jason at all.  He's more a wannabe dressing up in Jason's black t-shirts.  He kept looking away from Sonny and apologizing and trying to explain himself, and Jason wouldn't even waste his time.  If Jason doesn't know you, he won't care what you think of him.  Jake was practically begging for Sonny not to be mad at him.  Ugh.

• Love 5

That's not a tampon taped to Jake's head, it's a sanitary napkin.

Sonny looked like an aging Danny Zuko in his black T-shirt and leather jacket. Hee.

Carly's one to talk about Liz "fluttering around Jake."

Watching Jake and Sonny spar was dull, dull, dull. Ron drags this story out way beyond the point where the reveal will mean anything.

So who is Sonny's BFF if Jason's wasn't?

I love how Sonny trusts Carly's decision-making but in the next breath he says she doesn't always make wise decisions. 

LOL at Carly's face when she heard Sonny say Julian was his worst enemy. Did she really think it would be okay for Jake to work for Julian? It's al so stupid.

I really want Liz and Patrick have a friends' night out and get hammered.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

I had to laugh during Sam's conversation with Julian about Jason.  "We were so good together, even through our worst times...like when he threatened to kill me after I watched an unbalanced woman kidnap his baby and sent some thugs to menace Liz, their baby and her other son."  

• Love 8