Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

we will just have to agree to disagee b/c I'm not fighting about this, but I've never seen a scene where Sonny faught with a woman or threw a glass with his child in the room.

I'll reply in the history thread.

• Love 2
(edited)
Sonny's children were targets of other people's violence due to his lifestyle but he never belittled or made his children feel like they were trash like Alan and Edward and some extent Monica did to AJ.

Sonny set up a car bomb that went off when his daughter was in the vicinity.  Because he didn't like the guy she was hanging around.  When there was a hitman shooting at Sonny, Kate, and Michael, Sonny chose to protect Kate over Michael.  Michael ended up in a coma for a long time.  And, again, when Morgan was being born, Sonny, because he couldn't control his temper, shot Carly in the head.  These are a smattering of the instances where Sonny's choices and actions directly damaged his children.  

There have been countless instances where his kids have been around for his whisper-shouting, bar ware flinging rages.  Not to mention, when Carly was taking too long for his liking to get over that whole "Sonny shot her in the head" thing, he used the kids as pawns to punish her.  I'd call that emotionally abusive of his kids. 

And, yes, the Q's had their favorite.  So does Sonny.  And, yes, AJ sometimes suffered for not being the golden boy.  So has Morgan. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 15

we will just have to agree to disagee b/c I'm not fighting about this, but I've never seen a scene where Sonny faught with a woman or threw a glass with his child in the room. Him hitting the door with a small baby across the room isn't a big thing to me. I agree that cursing at a mother or throwing things with a child in the room is not cool, but I haven't seen it.

And to be clear no one around here ever exaggerates the Qs emotional abuse towards AJ that I didn't know til I watched old clips and saw it for myself. That is my personal feeling about what I saw with my own eyes not what anyone else said. It was actually shocking to me.

Bottom line is no one is right or wrong we just all have opinions and I'm not about changing someone elses but I do have my own and I'm comfortable with stating them even when others don't agree.

To me there aren't sides. The Qs don't have to be good just b/c Sonny is bad they can both be bad. Just b/c I like Sonny as a mob boss doesn't mean he is a good person. Just b/c Edward was a business man doesn't mean he is a good person either. But I also liked him.

I don't mind Michael being mad at Sonny I wouldn't mind him trying to ruin his business but this custody thing is just wrong. I don't think AJ should have lost his parental rights so I don't think Sonny should either, nor Ava(who I don't even like)

Sonny was ready to kill Avery's mother on numerous occasions. No way should he have custody of Ava's baby.

• Love 11

Or how about the time that Sonny was off his meds and shot or hurt Robin while trying to kill Jax.  Sonny claimed to love Robin but even Sonny's "love" didn't keep her safe.

Actually, the fact that Sonny is bi-polar and tends to go off his meds is something that makes him dangerous.

• Love 9

Or how about the time that Sonny was off his meds and shot or hurt Robin while trying to kill Jax.  Sonny claimed to love Robin but even Sonny's "love" didn't keep her safe.

Actually, the fact that Sonny is bi-polar and tends to go off his meds is something that makes him dangerous.

Yes and actually, in the state of NY, mental health evaluations can be considered in custody hearings.  It's not the fact that he's bipolar, but it is, as you correctly pointed out, the fact that he goes off his meds.  I would also add that he doesn't see a therapist, which he really needs, and badly.

• Love 12

Ava's memorial.......I just can't get into it, considering she's standing in the doorway doing an impression of Sting on a bender.  Morgan saying "we were in a relationship" - ah, was that before or after you told your dad where she was so he could kill her?  What a good boyfriend you are, Morgan.

NuKiki - while she's not as bad as Old Kiki - but then again that's not even possible - the only missing from her eulogy was her breaking into a rendition of "The Wind Beneath My Wings".

But it's all colored by my absolute LOATHING of Ron C. dragging Ryan's Hope into this crap.  While I love Ilene Kristen and enjoy whoever she plays, she no longer remembers how to play Delia, so we're seeing some wierd version of her OLTL Roxie character.  Ryan's Hope was a favorite of mine, and I hate that show to be associated with this nonsense.  And for them to DARE use Maeve's Danny Boy.......and yep, I'm fully aware I sound nuts enough for Miscaviage!

I did like Tracy and Monica with Danny, and I really loved Dante with Olivia.  Funny thing about Dante - it took me ages to realize how good the actor is, but he makes almost any scene he's in better than it really is.

Oh - It's great that Monica is the mastermind behind the custody suit, but how about letting us SEE HER?  

As for Moobs losing custody - that walking cannoli shouldn't even have custody of his head lice.  On second thought, maybe Snarly could keep those for him....

• Love 10

I think BestestAuntEver just wanted Avery to have the initials "A.J.".

I thought I heard the judge call the baby Avery Jane Corinthos or Avery Joan Corinthos. Just assumed she had a middle name. My bad.

The judge said Avery Jerome Corinthos, which is stupid. Yes, a Corinthos is the father, but Ava wasn't married. So she's just Avery Jerome, period. I mean, did Sonny change her name offscreen?

I really liked this episode today, and not just for Ava's memorial, which I'll get to in a little bit.

Dante/Olivia - I enjoyed their conversation a lot. Still shake my head every time Liv goes into lasagna mode, but what are you going to do? Three months pregnant, is that actual time or is that part of the lie?

Danny doesn't have one tenth of the personality that Avery does. I hate his creepy hair. I miss the old Danny. He was cute and had personality. Love KeMo, but damn her for not wanting to work with those twins anymore lol. I would think that Tracy would be more broken up about Luke, but I've always hated them as a couple. I hated the way she is with him (pathetic), and maybe it was a good thing she just kind of breezed past it. I'm dreading the day we go back to that storyline.

The custody hearing was too full of distractions for me. As in, Alexis having such a huge conflict of interest in cross-examining Sonny. I kept waiting for her to bring up Kristina, but I guess they realized it would too much of a farce if they did. And I agree with whoever upthread has complained about Sonny not being established as the father legally by way of paternity. It makes me not pay as much attention. I did laugh when the Judge just shut Ric down.

Jakeson/Sloane/Liz: too boring and lame to comment on.

Nik/Sam: Saved by the bell, eh Nik? It'll be interesting to see Sam's reaction when she finds out that Nik lied to her. Otherwise, I can't bring myself to care about this story.

The Memorial: I thought it was great. For so many things. The expressions on MW's face, Avery's all-around adorableness (could this baby possibly get any cuter?), Delia's singing, and yes people saying good things about Ava. She was/is a bad person, but that doesn't mean she can't have nice things said about her after her "death". Silas wasn't horrible, as I liked that he said she was a fighter. Julian and Kiki's speeches were okay (hers was probably the most over the top), but Morgan finally made me not hate him. I feel like I've had to fight tooth and nail for every single scrap of their relationship being remembered. I'll have to thank Elizabeth Page, I think she wrote today. Loved Delia (I always wanted to know more about the backstory of Ava/Delia) and her singing, it was a great montage, and Baby Avery stole the show at the end, along with Ava's "Hello, Mother".

One last thing - I had to go through practically the entire month of February sweeps without Ava, so I'm not sorry at all that she's been onscreen. Talk about a drought.

• Love 4

Brace yourselves, folks - I was away from the board for a bit and y'all move fast, I've tapped the box o' wine, and I am feeling woooorrrrrdddddddy. 

Okay, fine, Nik wants ELQ.  But WHY???  Nik is not in need of money, and he has no general ill will toward the Qs, and the company most likely is sort of a disaster right now. Even Helena wouldn't logically have any interest in ELQ, so her pressuring him doesn't explain it.  And her threats to expose Nik should be empty now that he's shut her away somewhere.  It just makes no sense, and I still don't understand (Front/back t-shirt possibility?). 

I don't really buy that Tracy would be so excited to have a Corinthos baby in the house though, even if it meant a little vengeance on Sonny.

I kind of buy it.  Tracy was always secretly about the family, she just didn't show it, and now that she's lost so many people I think she's softened and is more willing to express her feelings.  Plus, she hates Sonny more than I hate Sonny.  That's a lot.

I'm pretty sure that they're not getting rid of NB.  There's really no way they could have him not recover, because of the Shriner's connection.  I'm okay with that because I mostly like Spencer, but I know the rest of you will hate it!

Actually to be considered unfit it would have to be proven he currently posses a danger to THIS child.
Ok.  Thank you.  Wasn't sure how the definition of "unfit" actually works.

That's not exactly how it works.  Well, it is, but the implication that Michael would have to show actual and imminent danger to Avery is not correct.  A history of Sonny being involved in dangerous activity that has affected, currently affects, or *could* affect his children is enough.  Same reason that a drug addict can have her children taken even if nothing bad has happened to the kids, and the same reason mentioned above that spousal abuse and mental evaluations are important to custody cases - once a concern is raised, the courts are focused on ensuring that the child is not in a position where it is likely the child will be harmed, and parents' rights are secondary to the right of the child to be safe.

Why oh why does no one in the custody hearing pose to Sonny "so if you feel that as the biological father you are entitled to raise Avery, why did you feel that it was your decision that Michael shouldn't be raised by his father, AJ Quartermaine?" It seems like such an obvious point to make in this storyline. I also agree that Olivia, Carly and Alexis should be testifying why they felt the need to protect their children from Sonny.

This is a great question.  Nothing AJ ever did was as dangerous to his kids as the crap Sonny as done over the years.

Yeeeah, I keep watching this custody battle with the sidest of side eyes.  Michael, the former red headed menace, who was perfectly fine with Sonny's mob life, even after being shot in the head and going to prison, now believes that Sonny is a danger?  So all those mob hits he called before, all the times he ordered Jason to kill his ENUH-MEEZ, all those lives lost, those fathers taken from their families, THAT was okay, but because his biological dad was at the receiving end this time, NOW he's a danger?  Now he can't raise a child?

That's sort of Michael's point, though.  Michael was raised in an environment where ordering people to be killed was a-okay, and now that he's grown up and gotten out of that environment, he realizes how dangerous and misguided that environment is.  Little Michael was indeed a stupid little shit, but he was also a child who had been surrounded by violence his entire life.  I can't really hold that against adult Michael.

Question: when I am this chatty (type-y?), is it better to do a long post like this, or to break it up in to a few posts over an hour or two?  Or would you all prefer that I just shut the hell up occasionally?  ;-)

• Love 11

Long posts are good.

I did like Tracy and Monica with Danny, and I really loved Dante with Olivia.  Funny thing about Dante - it took me ages to realize how good the actor is, but he makes almost any scene he's in better than it really is.

As Olivia said today (kinda), better late than never realizing this :):)

But it's all colored by my absolute LOATHING of Ron C. dragging Ryan's Hope into this crap.  While I love Ilene Kristen and enjoy whoever she plays, she no longer remembers how to play Delia, so we're seeing some wierd version of her OLTL Roxie character.  Ryan's Hope was a favorite of mine, and I hate that show to be associated with this nonsense.  And for them to DARE use Maeve's Danny Boy.......and yep, I'm fully aware I sound nuts enough for Miscaviage!

Self-pimpin', I did my own version of today's service in the fan works thread. I would link directly but I can't figure out how. 

• Love 2

Love KeMo, but damn her for not wanting to work with those twins anymore lol.

Quick point: KeMo never said she didn't want to work with the twins who used to play Danny. She once mentioned that one of them got her sick. Another time she said it could be difficult working with them because of either their size or they started talking (I can't remember which). But never did she say she didn't like working with them but their mother was offended anyway.
  • Love 5

It makes zero sense Nik wants ELQ. Helena apparently is still made of money and so is Nik. The whole thing is lame.

Has Nik ever worked? Why would he care about this company?

But everything must be inter connected in the most asinine way possible lately. The Legion of Doom must infect everything!

• Love 4

Dante/Olivia - I enjoyed their conversation a lot. Still shake my head every time Liv goes into lasagna mode, but what are you going to do? Three months pregnant, is that actual time or is that part of the lie?

Danny doesn't have one tenth of the personality that Avery does. I hate his creepy hair. I miss the old Danny. He was cute and had personality. Love KeMo, but damn her for not wanting to work with those twins anymore lol. I would think that Tracy would be more broken up about Luke, but I've always hated them as a couple. I hated the way she is with him (pathetic), and maybe it was a good thing she just kind of breezed past it. I'm dreading the day we go back to that storyline.

I think it's part of the lie.

re: Danny, I think they might have actually recast him again since the original cute twins. This kid seems different from the last time we saw Danny.

It makes zero sense Nik wants ELQ. Helena apparently is still made of money and so is Nik. The whole thing is lame.

But everything must be inter connected in the most asinine way possible lately. The Legion of Doom must infect everything!

Yeah, he works, doing his . . . business things. There was a time when the Cassadines lost all thier money and Stefan made Nikolas marry some heiress, but then they got magically rich again somehow. I think it involved looking for a hidden treasure. Yes, it was ridiculous, as was most things involving Nikolas from about 2003-2005. And I know you already thought the Cassadines were ridiculous in the 90s, SlovakPrincess, so you can only imagine how much more ridiculous Nikolas and emily were.

• Love 2

According to the internet he is the CEO of Cassidine Industries. I have absolutely zero idea what the company does. But I choose to believe it's Greece's largest Freezer manufacturer. 

For reals, what does Nik do? I actually have no idea. 

• Love 12

I don't want Spencer SORASed, though the actor doesn't bug me as much as he does some others on this board.  I don't love him, but he also doesn't drive me crazy.

But I'd prefer Emma, Cameron, Spencer and Joss to stay all around the same age.  That's a pretty great bunch of legacy characters, and only one of them is related to effing Sonny.  I think Liz and Robin are too young to have children much older than the ages they are now.  And Nicholas and Patrick, while technically old enough to be parents of nearly adult children, don't really need to be aged into the potential grandparent demo quite yet.  Sonny was what?  50?  Before the show finally allowed Michael and Morgan to grow up.  There's no need for Nicholas to go there yet.  Especially with Tyler Christopher looking so very fine these days.

• Love 3

Quick point: KeMo never said she didn't want to work with the twins who used to play Danny. She once mentioned that one of them got her sick. Another time she said it could be difficult working with them because of either their size or they started talking (I can't remember which). But never did she say she didn't like working with them but their mother was offended anyway.

Oh, I don't blame KeMo for it, I was just making a joke. I just miss OG Danny. He was a boss. This one does nothing for me.

• Love 4

Honestly, I hated the Cassadines always, but they're just getting worse and worse. Like, not scary or evil worse, just annoying and stupid as hell.

Helena's supposed to be this exotic mysterious Greek person, but the actress always strikes me as a pissed off WASP who didn't get her favorite table at the country club. The idea that nobody has (permanently) killed her yet is ridiculous to me. She's another villain that is saved by the writing over and over, rendering her boring.

I've had moments of liking Alexis but not many. What is the point of her being a Cassadine anymore? She couldn't even get killing Helena right.

Nik is an aimless mess of a character and has been for years. Spencer .... just no.

• Love 5
Long posts are good.​

Thanks, ulkis!  (Every time I type your name, autocorrect wants me to call you elks.  I'm considering doing it - everyone likes a nickname, right?)

But I'd prefer Emma, Cameron, Spencer and Joss to stay all around the same age.  That's a pretty great bunch of legacy characters, and only one of them is related to effing Sonny.  I think Liz and Robin are too young to have children much older than the ages they are now.  And Nicholas and Patrick, while technically old enough to be parents of nearly adult children, don't really need to be aged into the potential grandparent demo quite yet.  Sonny was what?  50?  Before the show finally allowed Michael and Morgan to grow up.  There's no need for Nicholas to go there yet.  Especially with Tyler Christopher looking so very fine these days.

I agree that having them stay the same age is best, at least for now.  But even though I like Spencer (I know, I'm a broken record) and don't generally mind the others, I do wish they'd have better stories for them than all this love crap.  I'm on record as thinking that 10 year olds do talk about girlfriends and love and whatnot (and I think I betrayed myself by admitting that I was kissing boys at 10), but still - it would be so much better to have them dealing with bullies, or talking about missing all the adults who are missing from their lives, or expressing fear that everyone they know is always in danger, or even having talent shows or playing sports or something.  And maybe they could stick to having them appear significantly during holidays and summer, with scattered appearances at things kids would normally be a part of, like weddings and birthday parties.  Now that I think about it, having kids nervously dance at a wedding or being wallflowers at a school dance would be such a better way to show pre-pubescent kids dipping a toe in to relationships.  It also wouldn't be a bad idea to have regular kid birthday parties instead of boxing robe- scantily clad women- candle lit- catastrophes.  

• Love 5
Thanks, ulkis!  (Every time I type your name, autocorrect wants me to call you elks.  I'm considering doing it - everyone likes a nickname, right?)

lol, that's a new one. sure, go for it.

Nik is an aimless mess of a character and has been for years. Spencer .... just no.

Nikolas was most interesting with Stefan, Laura, and Lucky. So of course those are exactly the people who are not around. Sigh.

• Love 3

So I am catching up on General Hospital.

And I just saw Spencer's birthday party. I CANNOT EVEN. How is that a thing?? lol 

Who is this story aimed at? Children not yet in school? Are they hoping parents will see this benign love triangle of ten year olds and think there is hope that their kids will be like these ones and not the kids of Degrassi?

"She gets my art"?!?! 

I really hope this is all a precursor to Emma and Josslyn becoming BFFs justfor the look of irritation on Carly and Robin's faces.

• Love 5

Question: when I am this chatty (type-y?), is it better to do a long post like this, or to break it up in to a few posts over an hour or two?  Or would you all prefer that I just shut the hell up occasionally?  ;-)

Long or short, or middling, whatever, your posts are ALWAYS great!  So under no circumstances EVER shut the hell up.  If you try it, barware, it will be flying!

• Love 2
(edited)

Thank you, boes!  Sadly, autocorrect has no snappy nickname for you, just "does", which doesn't really work.  Wait... elks and does could work fabulously.  

Just to get it on the record, I fully support all barware flinging.  So long as said barware has been fully drained of bar drinks.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 4

First time in forever most of the episode wasn't fast forwarded. The trial is awesome- all the years of crap that Sonny has gotten away with that is finally getting thrown into his face. Bullet of love! And the continual Michael smirking- he has gotten way hotter lately. Please don't back down! Are we supposed to feel sorry for the moobster?

Avery is so freaking adorable. I want to pull a Nina and steal her. I actually got teary eyed during Kiki's speech- realistic speech for a daughter. And she's a pretty good crier.

Tracy and Ned were great, along with Olivia and Dante. More family bonding, less brain damaged Jakeson/stalker nurse.

• Love 4

Honestly, I hated the Cassadines always, but they're just getting worse and worse. Like, not scary or evil worse, just annoying and stupid as hell.

Helena's supposed to be this exotic mysterious Greek person, but the actress always strikes me as a pissed off WASP who didn't get her favorite table at the country club. The idea that nobody has (permanently) killed her yet is ridiculous to me. She's another villain that is saved by the writing over and over, rendering her boring.

I've had moments of liking Alexis but not many. What is the point of her being a Cassadine anymore? She couldn't even get killing Helena right.

Best description of Helena, ever. She really does remind me of a unhappy socialite who is smelling something common.

• Love 8

Actually, It's more Sonny's style to order Shawn to kill the judge, Shawn misses and accidentally shoots Avery in the spleen, and Sonny is the only one who is a blood match and so he saves her and gets to keep her.

Omigod, I laughed so hard when I got to this.   This is the essence of GH's Sonny as written by Ron.

Thanks !

• Love 6

OK, seriously... did I see baby Avery fall asleep on cue at the end of this episode? Sweet heaven, that child is beyond adorable (and can take direction!). 

Also... #TeamMichael 

• Love 18

I also have to give giant kudos to Maura West for going completely without makeup for this.  

We had noticed though that her nails are polished and perfect! 

• Love 7

PC law at its finest. Sonny slaps his name on Avery, so she must be his. 

*sigh* Why can't I have nice GH things? I floved LiRic, and Ron managed to ruin it. I like Liz, I like Billy Miller. I think both actors are chemistry factories, and they have had a few nice moments, but this story is a total snoozer. Plus, I can't get over the sheer stupidity of the police commissioner meeting daily with his super-sekrit informant. Way to be stealthy, guys.

• Love 6

Well sure, Silas had to have something to do while he was waiting for Ava to wake up from her near death experience!!!

• Love 6

All kids under 12 but over 5 look the same to me. But I am fairly certain Spencer has been SORAS'd then D-SORAS'd

Actually, Cam's the one that's been de-SORASed.  All the kids are around 9-10 years old, but based on the years they were actually born should be:

Cam:  11

Spencer: 9

Emma: 7

Joss:  5

Aiden: 4

• Love 1

Plus, I can't get over the sheer stupidity of the police commissioner meeting daily with his super-sekrit informant. Way to be stealthy, guys.

Well, Anna was his mentor and we've seen how super stealthy she and Jordan are.  Grasshopper learned his lessons well!

• Love 6

Sonny's "impassioned" speech to Michael in the courtroom was so touching, NOT! It made me want to puke

And oh no, Carly recognizes the judge. How awful of Michael. He's only out for revenge. Sonny does everything he does for his family. He loves Avery. This is really unbelievable.

• Love 10

we will just have to agree to disagee b/c I'm not fighting about this, but I've never seen a scene where Sonny faught with a woman or threw a glass with his child in the room . . . I agree that cursing at a mother or throwing things with a child in the room is not cool, but I haven't seen it.

Ah. See some of of have been watching Sonny abuse his children and be generally reprehensible for years and that's probably why we aren't buying the "Sonny is a good father!" shit they always try to sell.

Yes, but apparently it only works on me......<ducks>

I think it works for the Facebook crowd too, so you are certainly not alone.

Hey, maybe she has a gel manicure! Her manicurist should ask her to be a spokesperson for them since that manicure is tough as nails.

• Love 7

I think it works for the Facebook crowd too, so you are certainly not alone.

Oh I was joking, please don't lump me with "those people" b/c I think they think Sonny is a good person. I really don't feel sorry for him but I do think Mo is selling Sonny's genuine remorse....in this moment, but I know he can turn on a dime. I feel some sympathy for him but don't think what is happening to him isn't justly deserved. My bigger problem is making Michael look devious. That part makes me sad and the fact I don't think any parent should be forced to give up their parental rights unless they are truely harming the child. I just don't think Sonny is doing that. Yes being his and Ava's child makes her life more dangerous but half the kids in PC have a "dangerous" life b/c it is a soap. I mean evil Luke was living at the Q house.

• Love 4

I think it's part of the lie.

She slept with Julian on NYE, right?  With the way they date pregnancies, that would actually put her now at just over 2 1/2 months.  If it is part of the lie, it just highlights how bad the lie is.  At this point, Julian should absolutely still believe there is a very real chance he's the father.  He hasn't been involved in a pregnancy really before, but just a minor amount of research, or, say, talking to the woman he's involved with who has had 3 kids, would tell him that, at this point in the pregnancy, the aging of the pregnancy is largely an estimate, based on information self-reported by the mother to be. 

• Love 2
(edited)
Three months pregnant, is that actual time or is that part of the lie?

I'm with KerleyQ. I think being three months' pregnant is legit. Julian and Olivia had their drunken grudge fuck on New Year's Eve, so that's close enough with soap time being so fluid. The lie is who the father is, and didn't Olivia tell Dante that she and Ned slept together while he was still with Alexis? They were together on NYE. It's way too convoluted, but that's the GH way.

PC law at its finest. Sonny slaps his name on Avery, so she must be his.

When did Avery even get a birth certificate? If it was when she was returned to Ava after being kidnapped, I doubt Ava would want the Corinthos name on the birth certificate. Michael could use that in his favor. "Not even her mother wants to acknowledge that Sonny's the father!" Too bad these are the sorts of points that get completely ignored.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
(edited)

She slept with Julian on NYE, right? With the way they date pregnancies, that would actually put her now at just over 2 1/2 months. If it is part of the lie, it just highlights how bad the lie is. At this point, Julian should absolutely still believe there is a very real chance he's the father. He hasn't been involved in a pregnancy really before, but just a minor amount of research, or, say, talking to the woman he's involved with who has had 3 kids, would tell him that, at this point in the pregnancy, the aging of the pregnancy is largely an estimate, based on information self-reported by the mother to be.

Valentine's Day was the last acknowledged date, so in Port Charles it could currently be anytime from a few days after Valentine's Day to any day before July 4th.

If on today's show some character randomly stated that it was May 5th, or any other random day, I wouldn't blink.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3
(edited)

My bigger problem is making Michael look devious. 

That's a big problem with this story for me, too. It makes the story so very one-sided because it makes it abundantly clear that we're all supposed to love, feel sorry for, and root for Sonny and that is just bad, lazy story telling. Par for the course though, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Also, I was thinking about how I would be OK with Ava having custody but not Sonny and why. I mean, obviously I love Ava, so I'm biased, but really it just comes down to the fact that I've only seen Ava kill Connie and I personally feel she's expressed some remorse for that. But I've seen Sonny do much worse many, many times. I've seen him legitimately hurt his children, I've seen him chose his power over his family time and again, I've seen him treat women terribly, I've seen him murder a man in cold blood and not give a shit about it, I've seen him treat his children like property, etc. Sonny has just done way too much damage that I have personally seen for me to ever root for him.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 14
(edited)
That part makes me sad and the fact I don't think any parent should be forced to give up their parental rights unless they are truely harming the child. I just don't think Sonny is doing that.

Out of one side of his mouth, he has retired from the mob.  From the other side of his mouth, in a corridor right outside of his custody battle he is threatening another mob boss. Sonny should be locked up and the key thrown away in a parallel galaxy.  He can't even take care of his kid during a custody trial.  During yesterday's episode, I was half-expecting that baby to be stolen.  Way to leave the kid in a bar in NYC - Morgan and Kiki. 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 6

Long posts are good as long as they are not run on sentences.  And there are paragraph breaks.

• Love 2

Just freaking put a suit on Billy Miller and call him Quartermaine already. Damn.

SERIOUSLY. Why can't we just have this storyline!? Thanks to SBu, we never did. But he's not there anymore. So just DO IT ALREADY.

• Love 6
(edited)

Valentine's Day was the last acknowledged date, so in Port Charles it could currently be anytime from a few days after Valentine's Day to any day before July 4th.

If on today's show some character randomly stated that it was May 5th, or any other random day, I wouldn't blink.

This is a good point since I always assume that it's present day, when who knows what day it really is.

I think part of the reason I wasn't able to rave about Carly's appearance (besides the dark brown underneath her blond ponytail) was the fact that she was wearing a sleeveless LBD to court. Um, huh? Who does that? That's rhetorical, obviously.

I'm now wagering on November sweeps for the Jason reveal. 

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

SERIOUSLY. Why can't we just have this storyline!? Thanks to SBu, we never did. But he's not there anymore. So just DO IT ALREADY.

We have a hunk. Why can we have him and now hunky Micheal being scandalous in suits? *sobs*

I feel like throwing barware.

• Love 4
(edited)

Then he just becomes his old Y&R character, and where exactly would Jason ever get corporate board room savvy?  RC is just going to turn BM into his Y&R character, stick him in the Quartermaine mansion and try and call him Jason.  I hate when a character is changed to suit an actor.  They didn't have to bring on BM as Jason.  He could have returned as Dillon Quartermaine, which would have played to ALL of BM's strengths and without killing a character I happened to love alot.  I know there are plenty of Jason haters, but there are lots of fans too, and this total abomination of his character is depressing.  Ugh.  I wouldn't have minded a change to Jason Quartermaine if we've actually seen a progression, but instead we get mind-controlled Jason with chips in his head and endless BORING scenes with Elizabeth.  Double ugh.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4
(edited)

I wish that BM was Steven Lars.

Heck, anything but Jason.  He can't play it, and like you say, there are SO many GH characters he could have been cast as, including Dillon or Lucky Spencer.  Watching him trying to pull off Jason Morgan is just not working. 

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2

Did...did they really put Luke in a "Silence of the Lambs" mask...? He bit off Scott's ear...? I...just when I thought I'd seen it all.

This show is like a zombie at this point to me. It's technically dead but even still it lumbers around at will and just won't seem to die. 

I find it impossible to take any of this seriously.

All Ron seems to care about is nearly infringing on the copyrights of works done by people with actual talent and skill or everything is just some huge joke to him.

Look at the Nina and the SERIAL KILLER yucking it up folks! Hardy har har! 

Luke is channeling Hannibal Lecter now! Isn't it so unexpected and shocking??

My disgust for this show is growing by such leaps and bounds I can hardly keep up. 

The one and the only positive for me was seeing that sweet baby Avery. She is like a bright light in the darkness.

And the end...they actually had that freak of nature mutilate that fabulous line from The Princess Bride...? He called himself "Baldwin"...? I feel sick.

• Love 6