Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I would love for Alexis to get Carly on the stand and grill her on getting Sonny to sign away his rights to Morgan and why she did it--to keep him safe. Love to see her try and worm her way out of that one ("but Sonny is different now" for the 1,000th time).

What's fucked up is that Carly isn't fully delusional. In a conversation with Michael, she didn't deny the harm Sonny brings upon his kids, but said she wanted Michael "to believe Sonny can do better" (at protecting his kids). Why would Michael ever believe Sonny can or will work harder to protect Avery? Michael has seen the lack of effort disguised as caring as Sonny tries to make a grab for more power.

Have they brought up the time when Carly sued Sonny for full custody of Michael and Morgan? I don't remember all the details, I think it was around 2003-2004 when Sam and Sonny were involved. But I remember something happening at court, a bomb or something?

It was early 2004, Sonny and Carly were divorcing and (I think) Lorenzo had one of his guys set a bomb in Sonny's limo in an attempt to get Carly custody of the kids. S&C were divorcing because Sonny was mad that Carly couldn't stop dreaming about Lorenzo after Sonny shot her in the head as she gave birth.

To make a long story short (too late), yes and yes.

• Love 3
S&C were divorcing because Sonny was mad that Carly couldn't stop dreaming about Lorenzo after Sonny shot her in the head as she gave birth.

You know, between that and Nik cheating on Emily with Courtney because Emily didn't get over being raped by Nik's doppelganger quickly enough, Spencer has the best male role models in is life. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Abby was harmless. I don't see her being an issue.

I miss Abby I'm not even sorry to say that. She was Michaels best GF and they had more chemistry than he does with the Brother hopper.

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 3
And Morgan always looks like that.

Hee. It's his default face, I swear to god.

It's as if the kid can't decide what his character is supposedly "feeling" in his scenes pretty much all the time so he just sort of puts on this "Huh?" face like he's waiting to be instructed to do something or told to do something, anything.

And then you have those other candid moments where it's like you just caught him secretly texting his girlfriend on the side and he suddenly sits up and tries to pretend as if he was actually paying attention to whatever was going on which of course he wasn't and he can't even fake it or sell it well at all.

• Love 7

Damn, Bryan. At least act like you care. Last year, you were the awesome actor. Now Chad is owning you. You better ask him for Sean Kanan 's number or pull Micheal Easton and Roger Howarth aside for tips, see if Billy Miller has time in between being charming and hot to help you. But remember yelling is not acting.

• Love 3
(edited)

You better ask him for Sean Kanan 's number or pull Micheal Easton and Roger Howarth aside for tips

Don't suggest BC ask RH for tips unless you want Morgan to start acting like... whatever it is Franco is supposed to be doing.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

I think Nina must actually still be mentally ill, since she wants to be imprisoned again.  You'd think after losing 20 years, she would prefer freedom, over hanging with Franco.

I don't know why but I like the fact that Silas has helped Ava.  Yes, she is a murderer, but we could make a long list of all the murderers in PC. She was truly tortured by Nina and Magda, and even by Sonny, and then of course her "death" (I did love her recounting how she rescued herself!).  Silas' empathy makes me happy.  Just don't know where this story is headed.

I know someone else has said, but NuKiki looks like the blond twin of NuChristina.  I would have guessed it was the the same actress.

• Love 4

Don't suggest BC ask RH for tips unless you want Morgan to start acting like... whatever it is Franco is supposed to be doing.

I was thinking Roger Howarth 's snarky stuff and his quiet cool "I'm the black sheep, deal with it, Most pathetic" pathos we saw in the 90s and on PP, that awesome kind of bad boy and I know it that he does well which would suit Morgan once he moves beyond Mommy and Daddy love all the other children in the world more than me and just moves into Idgaf mode, like he's supposed to because well how else does a Corinthos survive besides giving no fucks? And he'll need excellent wtf faces and quiet cool and smoldering looks from ME. And hair tips from both.

• Love 2
(edited)

And hair tips from both.

Bryan Craig shouldn't take hair advice from a man who once looked like Link from Hyrule, nor a man whose hair looks simultaneously and paradoxically dry and greasy.

If he wants hair advice he should visit the set of Days and find out what Freddie Smith does to his hair. IMHO, he has the best hair on tv.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Bryan Craig shouldn't take hair advice from a man who once looked like Link from Hyrule, nor a man whose hair looks simultaneously and paradoxically dry and greasy.

If he wants hair advice he should visit the set of Days and find out what Freddie Smith does to his hair. IMHO, he has the best hair on tv.

Roger's hair is sexy irl, on The Flash, and on PP. I don't know what the GH hair people have against men. It's like that time The Taupe took over. I do think the blonde was for Californication, so if that was for a Showtime role, I vote we forgive him. They actually styled it better. He was hotter there too. And Micheal Easton was sexy af on Port Charles. Caleb Morley was near Eric Northman level sexy imo. He could get it. But yes, Freddie Smith has wonderful style.

The shoe polished MB and they made DZ a Muppet..... Beeker to be exact. Why did they do that do Dom? What did Dom do to them? He seems like a chill dude. For BC, it looks like they take a can of mousse and say "Ok, can you drive around the block really fast with your head out the window, oh we're going to cut a chunk out the top too, mmmk?" Then for Kirsten they're like "Girl.... don't even worry we got those roots....not."

• Love 3
(edited)

The good: The judge shutting Ric down, and Michael got him good: "Bullets, bombs,..." The judge telling Ric to be quiet, and let Michael respond. Great response, including the "manslaughter" correction. Ric looks like an ass, grasping for anything to discredit Michael, say Avery is not actually his relative, and attempting to paint Sonny as unappreciated hero/dad. I love Michael looking at him like, "Seriously?"  Alexis to judge, re:Ric: "Ugh." So much accuracy in one sound, Attorney Davis. 

NotTodd!Franco getting slapped across the face. Nina yelling at him. One of the rare times her character seems like a real person. 

Nice Elizabeth-Nikolas phone conversation. 

Wow, the real Shriner's is getting a lot of air time, between the extended commercial and the show.

The Blech: Sonny's tears, Julian and Carrrrrrlos, Ava clearly feels little to no remorse re: Connie and AJ but is demanding to have her way, Silas is weak, 'Jake" and that McCouch actor about the Jeromes. *RME*

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

The Good: The beautiful baby Avery. Julian actually acted like a BAMF again.

The Bad: The most lackluster Police Commissioner in the history of the world with bad hair that never quits. Jake, that is all.

The Good God Why: All things involving Liz and her pit bull of a stalker act of so called "protection" over Jake and any conversation they share because every word spoken is such tripe and bullshit it's utterly unpalatable.

The Goddammit Will it Ever End : The SERIAL KILLER and the Nina and their little freak-show from hell. They almost make me physically ill. The very idea I am supposed to root for a bat shit crazy whack-job and SERIAL KILLER to "hook up" and :fall in lurve" just...there aren't enough expletives in the world.

• Love 9

I'll say it - I'd take Franco & Nina over that midget greaseball any day of the week. At least people aren't running around kissing their asses on a regular. And what kinda slow news day was it in Port Chuck that the news was there for a custody hearing? Really?

The only thing keeping me here is all you fine, fine posters and the delicious snark. Why can't I quit you??

• Love 8

So does this mean Jason going under cover with the Jeromes mean that he will now wear black turtlenecks instead of black t-shirts?

Oy, Liz, he's not your boyfriend, and he's shown he is capable of taking care of himself. Just back off several notches.

• Love 13
(edited)

The Jerome sibs were great today. The court stuff was also good, particularly the Judge being totally over it and the looks Michael was giving Sonny.

But Liz/Jake is officially a sleep-aide, Grayson McCouch just sucks in the role, and I have no clue why Franco & Nina are still on this show. They lift right out.

I did love how last week Carly was whining that if Michael gets custody that Avery will be raised by a nanny, and then today she hands Avery over to a nanny! Never change you hypocrite, never change . . .

Edited by OnceSane
removed slut-shaming language
  • Love 14
(edited)

I did love how last week Carly was whining that if Michael gets custody that Avery will be raised by a nanny, and then today she hands Avery over to a nanny! Never change you hypocrite, never change . . .

Seriously. Isn't this how she's raised her kids? And Joss is an afterthought now that moobster is back in her life. Pot, meet kettle. Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was edited
  • Love 5
(edited)

The only thing keeping me here is all you fine, fine posters and the delicious snark. Why can't I quit you??

THIS!!!

I've determined that I can quit this show, I've left for years before but I can't stop looking and checking in on this site.

The snark and quick wit is top notch. I can't quit you lovable PTVers and fellow GH lover/haters.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 6
(edited)

Seriously. Isn't this how she's raised her kids? And Joss is an afterthought now that moobster is back in her life. Pot, meet kettle.

Also, wasn't Michael & Morgan's first nanny Leticia killed by some mobster?

And then her cousin Mercedes took over?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

Roger's hair is sexy irl, on The Flash, and on PP. I don't know what the GH hair people have against men. It's like that time The Taupe took over. I do think the blonde was for Californication, so if that was for a Showtime role, I vote we forgive him. They actually styled it better. He was hotter there too. And Micheal Easton was sexy af on Port Charles. Caleb Morley was near Eric Northman level sexy imo. He could get it. But yes, Freddie Smith has wonderful style.

PP?  Sorry, what's that?

I think Michael Easton would look sexy no matter what he did with his hair.

• Love 1

Stalker nurse is disgusting. She broke up with Ric literally like a day ago and she's already back to sniffing around Jakeson. What a pathetic rodent.

I'm over Julian acting like he cares so much about Ava. If Morgan hadn't hit him over the head he would have killed her months ago.

• Love 1

PP?  Sorry, what's that?

I think Michael Easton would look sexy no matter what he did with his hair.

Prospect Park, they bought OLTL, which is why Todd, Starr, and McBain disappeared and left forever. Currently, ABC and PP are in a legal battle, as Ron was borrowing characters on GH and did things with them that they felt altered their universe. This included killing Baby Victor, Cole and Hope (or ColenHope as they were referred to), and making McBain and Natalie break up because McBain was a cheater and not a paragon of virtue. The OLTL section has details of the case. RoHo was originally supposed to (rumor) play Jules, but PP said it was "Too Todd". Or Stephen Lars, but Ron said that wasn't "Splashy Enough". So Roger got fucked the most from it imo, as he's the shittiest character.

• Love 2
(edited)
Also, wasn't Michael & Morgan's first nanny Leticia killed by some mobster?

And then her cousin Mercedes took over?

Leticia was killed by the Text Messenger Killer, a.k.a. Zombie Diego. He mistook her for Carly (!), according to Wiki.

Mercedes did take over. 

Carly getting all indignant that Avery would be raised by nannies is rich. (Not that there's anything wrong with nannies.) Her hypocrisy in this kind of situation is alternately kind of funny and super annoying. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Judging from the background romantic music, it looks like they are trying to sell Franco/Nina as the love story of the century.

That was romantic? It creeped my cat out. Casper was snoozing on me all chill and just heard that and flipped out. I was like damn. I do think that hoodie MSt keeps wearing looks comfy. Does it come in other colors?

CD was awesome. The writing for the court scenes was probably the best stuff Ron has done since the AJ reveal. That's actually how shady and personal defense attorneys get, except it's mostly criminal law I have seen that in, but ok.

GMc is there because he has credit card debt. It's cool. So Jason is in the mob, but against Sonny. Oh my. So Romeo and Juliet.

I really need Ava and Silas to go all Natalie and McBain on Carly. Get a shotgun. Throw her off a roof.

• Love 2

Stalker nurse is disgusting. She broke up with Ric literally like a day ago and she's already back to sniffing around Jakeson. What a pathetic rodent.

I'm over Julian acting like he cares so much about Ava. If Morgan hadn't hit him over the head he would have killed her months ago.

I think it's a "I'm allowed to kill my family but you're not allowed to" thing. Sonny also exhibits this quite often.

• Love 3

Liz is honestly getting creepy with how she hovers around Jakeson like some female dog protecting her newborn. I'm just glad I'm not a Ric/Liz fan because them breaking up over something so benign and  stupid after their tearfull and passionate reunion barely 2 months ago just reeks of plotpoint.

I go back and forth with Ava, but it really does bother me how she is never shown to be even remotely sorry for what she did to Connie. I have zero simpathy for her right now.

Call me crazy, but I like this new development of Jakeson as an undercover guy. At least it gets him something to do other than lie around and listen to Carly or Liz blabber on and on.

I like the Julian/Carlos bromance/frenemyship, though I have no idea why. The actors must have some sort of chemistry or something.

I thought Nina and Franco were cute enough, though I'm not a fan of the "woman hitting men senselessly is funny" trope. And their actual story is beyond idiotic.

• Love 4

Well, guess I was wrong about Ric having some secret plan to help Michael. I really do not understand what Ric is doing or why he's doing it. Other trial stuff: They actually sorted out the "she's not Michaels's sister" crap we've been discussing ad nauseam, thank god. I hated the "Soony is a hero!" bullshit Ric was spouting. Why didn't Michael chime in with "I did,out of the work!!!"? Remind me, did Michael talk about Sonny almost killing Ava while she was pregnant with the baby in question? Seems to me, that'd be a deal breaker for the judge. "Oh, you almost murdered the Child you want to keep custody of? Well, that settles it! (Gavel bang, court dismissed.). Michaels better not even consider compromising- Sonny threatening him should strengthen his resolve though.

That was weird to me, though- guess I'll have to wait until to tomorrow to see how that "make an enemy out of me" plays out. It just seems bizarre to me that Somny would turn on Michael, no matter what's he done, and even weirder if Carly stays with him after that. After all their bleating about their love for their children and how they would do anything for them and how Sonny is such a wonderful father, I just can't see either one of them becoming his enemies. But if they do, it'd be really interesting if either of them realized or at least had that very special kind of hypocrisy pointed out to them. Won't happen, though, I know.

• Love 6

So Roger got fucked the most from it imo, as he's the shittiest character.

He didn't get fucked. He's still there. He's still playing the shitty character. He's still getting paid. I doubt he's crying into his protein shake every morning on how he was unjustly screwed.

The audience? They are the ones that got fucked the most from where I sit.

• Love 16

Nina/Franco wasn't even the worst part of this episode. In fact, it wasn't even bad. Sigh. This show, man.

Can this custody stuff end now? I'm so over it. Ric is awful now. At least he looks ugly with that dumb ass goatee. I'd be even more mad if he sucked and was still hot.

I love Ava. Silas, meh, but sometimes he manages to not suck when with Ava, so that's nice. Anyway, back to Ava, her Carly hate fills my heart with warmth and goodness.

I tried to watch the Liz/Jakeson scenes but Liz was just so damn insufferable and I couldn't do it. She is so embarrassing.

I don't remember anything else that happened.

• Love 1