Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Today's show was terrible with a few decent scenes.

Julian and Jake were both shirtless for no reason.* I mean most patients having their HEAD operated on would be wearing a hospital gown and a drape. Maybe Julian couldn't get a shirt on due to handcuffs. I'm surprised he found one to wear in the hallway.

I'm starting to worry TG is going to have a stroke with his OTT self. I mean he really doesn't look well.

He makes Franco and Nina looke like their chillin'.

*B/c the only one allowed to be shirtless for no reason is you know;)

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

I'm completely over this crapfest that is Luke's DID.  Heading out to the Barge.  I'm in dire need of a nice cocktail and hopefully I'll have enough of them to forget this horrible train wreck of story ever happened.

Now that the ranting is over, I did love JZ today.

• Love 5

. Why was evil Luke having to fake being good Luke when he had no audience?

That's actually one point that explains itself, at least to me.  Real Luke was battling Alter Luke within his own head.  Real Luke knows that he's a prisoner of his own body.  

Why was Julian shirtless in the hospital.

I'm a fan of WDvry/Julian and love me some shirtlessness, but even I was all, 'dude, why aren't you wearing a shirt?".  Give me a line about having just had a sponge bath or something.  Seemed so completely random and took me completely out of all of their scenes.  

• Love 3

Good God. When he started wailing in the jail cell, I was expecting him to break into a version of Jail House Rock. If THIS is the story line that he's waited decades for, then all I can say is that delusion IS his friend. Too bad it hates all of us.

My goodness, Tony, no. Please stop! Sigh. Way over the top. I snuck a peek at FB and people are wildly impressed with his acting today.

Loved Jackie Zeman, she was terrific!! Hope to see more of her.

Hmmmm, maybe instead of DID, Ron C. is really aiming for a Patty Duke Show vibe. You know, they're cousins, Identical cousins and you'll find, They laugh alike, they walk alike, At times they even talk alike - You can lose your mind, When cousins are two of a kind.

What happened to the "alternate personality dresses and talks completely differently, or is a different age, or has a different name" thing? I know, it doesn't have to make sense, but heck if they were going to go with this...thing...why didn't they just have Luke change his name and dress completely differently (or even as a woman) so the dummies in PC wouldn't recognize him? Just like the *clears throat* other soap that did this, the character dressed completely differently and even though the audience could clearly see she was the same person, the other characters in the town couldn't. I would have found that more interesting, make it completely unbelievable, rather than this weird thing with talking to visual hallucinations and such.

I agree about Jackie Zeman, she was pretty terrific, even more so when you think of what she had to work with. We've been burnt enough to not be hopeful, but when she was with Tracy and Lulu, I had this faint hope that the three of them might prove to be a trio I'm going to want to see. Hopefully they can end this all by jointly signing off on donating Luke's organs. There has to be a small country out there in desperate need of the overacting organ. Lord knows that's the biggest one he's got.

I don't like MB with a full beard. He looks better with scruff, IMO.

You're too kind. I'd like to see him go full Cousin IT. Now that he's got Snarly as Grandmamma, Duke as Morticia (the kilt does it), Morgan as Pugsley and Kiki as Wednesday, they could do a whole Addams Family redux. As soon as Uncle Fester aka Luke gets out of the slammer he can move in and complete the set.

And Ron C. wonders why his shelves aren't groaning with Emmys......

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 6

And if there was no one in miscavige while Luke was running around PC then how did Julian know Luke was in Miscavige to tell Alexis...if he wasn't really there?

If memory serves (and I could be wrong, someone feel free to correct me), Fluke told Julian via Skype that Luke was still in Miscavige.  At that point, Fluke was working with Jerry to try to get control of ELQ and at some point Helena joined them.  So, in order for their plan to work, they have to have someone "find" Luke at Miscavige and lucky for them, Julian wanted to stay in Alexis' pants enough that he confessed that Luke was there.  Then they went to get them out, around the same time Helena was putting Fluke back in there for someone to find.  

It's a bit of a stretch, and I probably put way more thought into it than Ron did, but reasons!

• Love 1

That's actually one point that explains itself, at least to me.  Real Luke was battling Alter Luke within his own head.  Real Luke knows that he's a prisoner of his own body.  

But that was right when Julian decided to tell Alexis which the LOD would have had no control over. Julian just had a sudden change of heart. If Good Luke was battling evil Luke then how did Alexis not become knowledgeable of his DID b/c LOD could not have controled that happening. See that makes no sense at all to me, not to mention that today it seemed clear that good Luke just now realized he was both good and bad Luke. I thought the whole scene today was him finally getting he was both Lukes.

• Love 1

Just watched the episode. What is Billy Miller mumbling incoherently with a damn mask on as he has the flashbacks? Still love Helena breaking down 20 years of Jason bs in one awesome conversation.

Btw, you hate on the Quartermaines, Mr. Jason Morgan, yet you sported Alan's ring? Aww hell naw. Ima let you finish, but I expect a Sonny face punching soon.

Fav moment: Patrick like "My last patient died. What I'm not saying is I killed the kid." Sam "Awww nah you're super awesome doctor man! Screw that kid." Jake: "I dgaf just do the surgery." Patrick still wondering who was Rafe and why was he mad at him. Sam wonders too who Rafe was.

• Love 3

it's pointless to try to put all the pieces of Flukey Luke together because if the show doesn't care enough to stick with its original story, then why should I care to figure out whatever it is that it's become? Say what you will about stories like the Sabrina/Patrick/Robin arc, but Ron had an idea of what he wanted to do and stuck with it. That's why I never bashed it. Love it or hate it, it stayed true to what it was intended to be. The Fluke story? I think this sucker has changed a half dozen times over the past year/year and a half. And it shows.

Although having said that, I liked todays episode. Maybe I'm just becoming part of the Borg collective and will like anything. Or maybe my standards have fallen so far or my day was so bad that there's literally nothing that I wouldn't like.

• Love 7

Just watched the episode. What is Billy Miller mumbling incoherently with a damn mask on as he has the flashbacks? Still love Helena breaking down 20 years of Jason bs in one awesome conversation.

Btw, you hate on the Quartermaines, Mr. Jason Morgan, yet you sported Alan's ring? Aww hell naw.

Jason sort of made up with Alan before his 2005 brain surgery, or maybe just after, I can't remember. And he'd started bringing Monica back into his life a bit before that. I'm not saying they were really close, but there wasn't the disdain Jason showed before. And Jason wore Alan's ring because Monica gave it to Sam to use as Jason's wedding ring after Jasam's rings were engraved improperly by the jeweller.

As for what BM said before going under, I believe he was saying either "Jason Morgan" or "I am Jason Morgan".

• Love 2

Ron has done the unthinkable. He's made Carly unwatchable to me. Someone up-thread -- I'm so sorry, I'm too tired right now to go and click the quote -- mentioned this 'ha, ha, ha' thing that LW was doing in her scenes with Sonny and Avery and how it was like fingernails on a chalkboard. Yes! And I couldn't get into the scenes with LW and CD and those should've been scenes I watched over and over and over again.

Maybe things will return to watch-ability once TG goes on vacation again. Gaak. Call me Bill (of Bloom County fame).

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 2

I thought Jackie Zeman did a wonderful job with TG in jail. But then she left.

I liked Lulu, Tracy and Bobbie putting their heads together, trying to figure the Luke situation out.

Nik, you'd better shut your grandmother down.

I don't know why Julian didn't have a shirt on, it was distracting. Alexis' face still looked funny. Not really puffy - kind of shiny. 

And I am *done* with Jake / Jason. So tired of it. Tired of Billy Miller. And BH. Their story (and Sam's) is not interesting.

• Love 4

Didn't we actually see actual goons watching over Luke in Miscavige? Talking about the prisoner?

Helena's story today about making sure he would be rescued from Miscavage made no sense.  Did Fluke sneak into an empty cell and then Luke took over and thought he'd been there the whole time?  And if she knew then that Fluke and Luke were the same, Helena sure didn't act like it.

• Love 3

JZ really did do a great job today as everyone has mentioned. She has a lot of history with Geary and has a lot to draw upon with Luke & Bobbi. Tony Geary wasn't bad either but unfortunatly the Fluke story lost me months back even before he/they were locked in the basement. I don't know what really derailed the story. I'd still like to know what the original story that RC was really planning on telling. Although, RC will never admit it.

I think MB looks great with the gray beard scruff but it looks like in tomorrow scenes it's died black. Seriously, if he's going to do that he should just shave it off. He should just embrace that he's older and drop the shoe polish. And, William DeVry did look awesome today. I think he was shirtless for Nancy Lee Grahn. LOL!! The dude is really stacked and he's probably got a few years on Nathan Payvey. Simply Pec-tacular!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3

Btw, you hate on the Quartermaines, Mr. Jason Morgan, yet you sported Alan's ring? Aww hell naw. Ima let you finish, but I expect a Sonny face punching soon.

Fav moment: Patrick like "My last patient died. What I'm not saying is I killed the kid." Sam "Awww nah you're super awesome doctor man! Screw that kid." Jake: "I dgaf just do the surgery." Patrick still wondering who was Rafe and why was he mad at him. Sam wonders too who Rafe was.

I think Billy Miller mumbled, "Jason Morgan," because he was recalling Helena telling him, "Your name is Jason Morgan."  It was like he was saying it in tandem with that memory.

I would like nothing better than to see Jason punch Sonny.  Or anyone punch Sonny, I am not picky.

I dunno, if I had a doctor trying to talk me out of him operating on me, as much as Dr. Dumdum did, and on top of that he tells me he screwed up an operation and the guy died...I would need a second opinion, at the very least.  Love the comments regarding Sam and the doctor being befuddled, made me laugh!

• Love 3

I would like nothing better than to see Jason punch Sonny.  Or anyone punch Sonny, I am not picky.

Me!! PIck me!  I'll punch him!  Right in the moobs, too.  

Okay, we should all share.  Now this is a contest that Show should really do.  Just imagine how many would sign up.

I'm hoping that Baby Avery socks him one when he's dripping tanning lotion all over her.  She IS her mother's daughter, after all.

• Love 6

Who is paying for the brain surgery? He got kicked out the last time from not having health insurance. This Jakeson crap is dragging on, and makes Liz look like an even bigger twit than she usually is.

Olivia and Ned- way to ruin something with potential by throwing in another mobster baby-faked paternity crap.

JZ was fantastic today, and Tony was decent too until he started screaming. This retconning storyline is making my head hurt.

• Love 3

I went back to the stuff I ffed and at least they aknowledged that Leisl will be pissed that they are doing the surgery.

I don't get how Nik finally has a conscience after he rigged the election.

• Love 1

Sabrina?  Just no.  And Micheal just pours out his plans to anyone it seems. I like him better with Rosalie.

Bobbie/Jackie - good job with luke.

Helena looked very nice in the winter white suit.

Ugh, kiddie quad.

I'm guessing Rosalie and her seeeeeeecret is just one in a long, long line of dropped plot points.

I'm not sure how Helena learned her secret to blackmail Rosalie to spy on ELQ for the Legion of Doom, unless, of course, Nina became a member sometime during her incarceration. (Maybe there is an online course you can take to become a registered legionnaire of doom?)

I thought Magda told Helena?  I could be making that up.

It needs to be Chandler who does the deed.

What did Spencer say to him?  You're a prince among the Irish?

So RC just confirmed not to invest one minute in any of the story that occurs on-screen because it will just be re-written multiple times within a course of just a few months....seriously, why even bother?

Poor Rocco. When you've got Olivia as the grandparent with the cleanest bill of mental health, that's pretty sad. 

There is a reason why RC chose "Jake" as the name for NuJason. The DID will whitewash and absolve Luke of Jake's death since that will be attributed to DarkLuke,And I supposed the Luke who "cheated on Laura with prostitutes" will also be DarkLuke. Whatever. Just counting down the minutes until TG retires because I said before, I am done with the Spencers (unless/until Genie comes back).

Countdown to Catfight #905589403568590 between Liz and Sam starting now.....................I'm sure it will be as soon as Jason open his eyes. I just can't wait to hear Liz bleat on and on about how she was the only one who stood by him and hearing Sam shout "He's my husband!" over and over. Seriously, like 9 years of that shit wasn't enough..

The only reason I watch is because despite the shit writing, the actors (minus TG and RoHo most days) really do try. There is just no talent level great enough to overcome this shit writing. And the writers don't take their job seriously at all. It must be nice to get paid for turning in shit work consistently, and even worse rewarded and recognized for it. Ugh. Such bullshit.

• Love 3

So RC just confirmed not to invest one minute in any of the story that occurs on-screen because it will just be re-written multiple times within a course of just a few months....seriously, why even bother?

Poor Rocco. When you've got Olivia as the grandparent with the cleanest bill of mental health, that's pretty sad. 

There is a reason why RC chose "Jake" as the name for NuJason. The DID will whitewash and absolve Luke of Jake's death since that will be attributed to DarkLuke,And I supposed the Luke who "cheated on Laura with prostitutes" will also be DarkLuke. Whatever. Just counting down the minutes until TG retires because I said before, I am done with the Spencers (unless/until Genie comes back).

Countdown to Catfight #905589403568590 between Liz and Sam starting now.....................I'm sure it will be as soon as Jason open his eyes. I just can't wait to hear Liz bleat on and on about how she was the only one who stood by him and hearing Sam shout "He's my husband!" over and over. Seriously, like 9 years of that shit wasn't enough..

The only reason I watch is because despite the shit writing, the actors (minus TG and RoHo most days) really do try. There is just no talent level great enough to overcome this shit writing. And the writers don't take their job seriously at all. It must be nice to get paid for turning in shit work consistently, and even worse rewarded and recognized for it. Ugh. Such bullshit.

I would throw in a fight between Liz and Snarly and Sam and Snarly. I mean Jason really deserves all three fighting over him, "not"

• Love 2

Wednesday's offering showed me Tony Geary doing his best Gene Wilder impersonation. Verdict? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..nope. 
In a million years Luke has never "woken up" from anything (clocked unconscious from various henchmen, day after a bender) and reacted this way. #GeneWilderFlipsHisSh**  
Another split personality s/l on a soap * Banshee wail*  #WhereisLaura?!

Is Ned is going to pull a 'Ned' with Olivia which reminds me of that other time Ned pulled a 'Ned.' #Guessinghere  

Sam...all sympathetic about Jake-niac after weeks of obsession to bust him. She must have a Chiropractor on speed dial to treat all that flip flopping. #Doc..Callmemaybe

Patrick, for ONCE downplaying his ENORMOUS surgical prowess (1st time ev-er..I mean remember those eye-rolling days? Robin does! #SaveRobin!!) because ...maybe surgery takes time yo,..and he just ordered that special new mattress, Sam.
Sam?! Um, Sam why aren't you looking at me Sam?!  Stop touching his hand Sam. Over heere. *waves stethoscope* #EndofSamtrick? 

Michael / Sabrina? No. No. No....no...one more...No!  He needs a friend but GH doesn't do friends much. 

Edited by scotlore
  • Love 6

In fact, I think the Metro Court should be a place where the topless of Port Charles go for mimosas and a fine cut of sirloin

Only if heterosexual males get the same pleasures: Trust me topless Julian, even if he is attractive, is never going to raise ratings, topless Alexis would generate tons and tons of press and send ratings though the roof

• Love 2

I love how no one actually pays for the health care they receive from GH - only Liz and Lucky who conveniently were destitute and destroyed by medical bills.

GH should just nominate themselves as a comedy for the Emmy's. That's how funny this Luke DID story is except it's not really. I wonder how long until Carly manipulates Jason into convincing Michael to forgive Sonny and drop the custody suit.

• Love 3

After seeing my neurosurgeon's bill, if Patrick Drake is even half as good, he should be a millionaire by now lol! All of his patients would be in debt over their heads unless they were able to work out something with the surgeon's office. Because the insurance company -- if you're lucky -- pays half. And yet Patrick is going to perform delicate, ELECTIVE brain surgery on an indigent patient? So he's willing to waive his fee, but what about the hospital? Just stupid.

• Love 4

Has Liz bothered to apologize to Sam yet for being an unbelievable shrew when Sam first told her about Jake?  No?  Of course not.

I hope no one really expected stalker nurse to ever apologize or admit she was wrong about her precious Jakeson. 

Patrick still wondering who was Rafe and why was he mad at him. Sam wonders too who Rafe was.

As it should be.

Who is paying for the brain surgery? He got kicked out the last time from not having health insurance.

Stalker nurse Liz probably raided Aiden and Cam's college fund to pay for Jakeson's surgery. 

• Love 2

Okay, we should all share.  Now this is a contest that Show should really do.  Just imagine how many would sign up.

Well, no one probably. Everyone in PC considers Sonny a hero and a 'good father.'

Patrick, for ONCE downplaying his ENORMOUS surgical prowess (1st time ev-er..I mean remember those eye-rolling days? Robin does! #SaveRobin!!) because ...maybe surgery takes time yo,..and he just ordered that special new mattress, Sam.

Patrick really did come off there like he just totes didn't feel like doing surgery because he's just super over it. JT seems dead in the eyes again.

• Love 5

That should be another one of the GH slogans. "GH: Dead in the Eyes Again".

Serial Drama had an impromptu column. 

Apparently the difference between Regular Luke and Evil Luke is that Evil Luke says.... everything.... really.... really.... slowly. Also his big thing right now is that he wants what Sonny Corinthos has? That makes sense. I mean it would be weird if this whole thing weren't about Sonny. That would be the biggest mystery of all!

Cycling back to The Adventures of Little Spencer, I literally cannot understand a word this child is saying.

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2015/02/oh.html#more

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

LMAO! That has my vote. It's perfect really. But I think I kinda want a shirt that just has all the slogans on it because they're all so great.

If I had a public twitter I would make a mock up of a shirt with our slogans and then tweet it to RC. Wouldn't that be fun?!

Edited by peachmangosteen

From the Serial Drama post:

Apparently Spencer (who has been de-SORASed and I imagine that's been discussed at length) is very precocious. This kid is really cute but it's the sort of shtick that could get really old really fast if they show him much at all.

Oh Louise, you have no idea!

• Love 3
It needs to be Chandler who does the deed.

What did Spencer say to him?  You're a prince among the Irish?

"You're a prince among drivers." Probably one of the nicer things he's said to the people who work for Nik.

Countdown to Catfight #905589403568590 between Liz and Sam starting now

Carly's going to want a piece of that action. I'm kind of surprised they're keeping her out of it for the moment, given how often she brays that she and Jake have a connection.

• Love 3

Carly's too busy blowing smoke up Sonny's ass right now.

And I'm guessing Sam will offer to pay Jakeson's medical bills for the surgery because she doubted him. And it'll be ironic to Ron because she's paying Jason's medical bills with Jason's money and Oh. Em. Gee…she doesn't even know it!

• Love 7

My computer crashed at home so I couldn't impart my thoughts on yesterday until now. But to quote Rhett Butler, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. Those are my thoughts on the show in general, and in particular this Luke DID story. JZ was good (notice how it's always the women who can out-act the men), but her voice was gravelly with it verging on tears and it was like nails on a chalkboard to me. TG was embarrassing after initially dialing it back.

The past couple of days have been interrupted a bit by lame weather updates (it's not even snowing FFS), and normally I would try and go back to catch what I missed. I haven't bothered to though, because it's either insanely stupid or utterly annoying. I did kind of laugh when Ned was listing Olivia's possible baby daddies and she was all, "Okay, that's enough!" Then it made me mad, because I would have loved to see Olivia sleeping with Johnny again.

Anna in the previews for today is the best news I've been able to say in weeks. 1 back, 2 more to go.

• Love 3
I did kind of laugh when Ned was listing Olivia's possible baby daddies and she was all, "Okay, that's enough!"

Olivia's annoyance was great, especially because she was the one in the first place who asked Ned who he thought the father could be.  Hee. Listed like that, she's slept with either mobsters or killer doctors. She doesn't really have much high ground when it comes to slagging Julian. Liv, you don't want a baby daddy who's a mobster? Stop sleeping with them!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10