Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Bah, starting this episode with a drink just wasn't enough.

Screw all of these people. I need Ava to come back and get HER baby, and tell the rest to go to hell. She's the one that ripped the damn IV out of her arm to go look for her when she was kidnapped. None of these other losers (Sonny, Carly, Michael) did that, because none of them gave a damn so screw them. I need Ava to go all Mama Bear and get the baby back that was literally ripped from her womb. Until any of the rest of them can claim that, they can shut the hell up for me.

So, today was gross as usual. Morgan licking Sonny's ass, although it's going to be delicious when one day Sonny screws him over again because I will laugh and laugh. Carly was abysmal, Fluke was obnoxious, Spencer was insufferable. Trying to think of one good thing, you know my fallback. I couldn't come up with anything. As horrible as the kiddie quad is (and WTF was that stupidity today?), I thought at least we'd hear some good snark from Joss. Now she's just sounding like a mini-Carly, with how "awesome" she is. Sheesh.

How did this show get this bad this fast?

I need Ava, Anna and Jordan back. STAT.

• Love 7

Ahh Ron just blocked me on twitter, I feel like a member of a very special club

Me too *high five* 

Everytime Spencer utters the word 'townie', I want to throw him off a parapet. 

I want to launch him into the sun. 

• Love 7
I love how Lily getting blown up was "a long time ago," according to Carly, but AJ driving Jason into a tree was yesterday.

What gets to me is that wasn't the initial reason she didn't want AJ involved.  The initial reason and AJ's biggest crime was that he at first wasn't Tony Jones and then it was because he wasn't Jason.  Carly got knocked up by the wrong dude and AJ paid the price for the rest of his life. That whole alcoholism/Jason reasoning is pure BS.

And Carly is excellent at using history to her benefit but wanting to ignore it when it doesn't fit HER narrative.  

• Love 11

Gonna ask again...what did you say to him?  I am nosy.

Some fawning fan girl had commented that TG was bringing Luke to new levels, I responded with "TG needs to respect the character that has put bread on his table for years" and then added another tweet "plot point to plot point all camp."

I guess Ron does not like the truth

• Love 9

Helena is not the "kooky villain" character. I still can't believe Nikolas was apologizing for her to Spencer and expects to keep her in his life.

For real.  Helena scaring the crap out of Spencer worked, her teaching him to dance sooooo does not.

• Love 5
I can't wait to hear how selfish Morgan thinks Michael is when he finds out Carly switched the test results because he's not ready to be a dad, and she's off canoodling on Valentine's Day with Sonny and his baby. I still firmly believe that's what happened.

This had better happen.

I remember RC saying the little actor didn't put his name in the younger category

Spencer has had a few scenes that would work in four-minute (max) submission reel. I'm not saying I ever want to hear the words "Daytime Emmy winner Nicolas Bechtel" (I'm scarred enough from NL's win), but considering the support NB gets from Frank and Ron, I'm kind of surprised NB didn't submit anything.

• Love 2

I can't wait to hear how selfish Morgan thinks Michael is when he finds out Carly switched the test results because he's not ready to be a dad, and she's off canoodling on Valentine's Day with Sonny and his baby. I still firmly believe that's what happened.

I hope Michael laughs in Morgan's face when Morgan comes crying to him about that.

She's the one that ripped the damn IV out of her arm to go look for her when she was kidnapped. None of these other losers (Sonny, Carly, Michael) did that, because none of them gave a damn so screw them.

How dare you, Sonny LEFT A MESSAGE FOR SHAWN about Avery being kidnapped. He cares!

• Love 8

Seriously, how long has this been going on already? Weren't Cam and Emma already "steady" during all the chupacabra crap over a year ago?!

The first "tease" of the Cameron/Emma/Spencer triangle was Halloween 2013.

• Love 1

I thought the writing today for the Carly/Michael scenes were subpar and sloppy.  The scenes were semi-decent only because I'm interested in Michael. I hate the idea of another custody storyline that instantly makes Michael look bad in a way a wrongful death suit would actually make him look better and more righteous.  Now, it's like, oh, course, he's being a dick just like AJ. 

Also, I think Ron and the writers took the wrong tack here with Michael always having to defend AJ and his past actions.  It's not about that anymore.  AJ was his father and he loved him and Sonny didn't or couldn't respect that enough to not kill the guy.  It's pathetic.  That's love?  That's what I wanted Michael to bring up to Carly--that Sonny's killing of his adopted son's biodad shows that he couldn't be a good father to anyone.  Also, that he doesn't deserve to be rewarded with Avery.  Oh, look I killed a man, my son's father, give me another kid.  I don't know, this story turn is stupid and the writing is just more retreading the same crap with emphasis on AJ not being worthy and Sonny being a saint. 

Morgan is pathetic. man.  I'm here dad.  dude, get a life. 

Those 4 kids need to get off my screen.  boring first off, and second, there isn't one.

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 11

Some fawning fan girl had commented that TG was bringing Luke to new levels, I responded with "TG needs to respect the character that has put bread on his table for years" and then added another tweet "plot point to plot point all camp."

I guess Ron does not like the truth

Wow, how touchy! 

I guess Ron doesn't like anything besides endless ass-kissing,because I just looked at his tweets and I see nothing but that. I don't know how anyone can stand Twitter, it's why I don't use my account.  Twitter elevated pettiness to an alarming level.

And your comment was about TG, not Ron....what an egomaniac.

• Love 1

Yeah, he's very sweet, and like Emma, when they're not forced to say the ridiculous, ham-fisted things they have to say, seems like a real kid, unlike Joss and Spencer.

Yeah, Zander was his father. That's probably another reason I prefer Cameron to Spencer because whether Ron's doing this on purpose or not, Cameron's getting the same designated loser writing that Zander got when he was in a triangle with Nik and Emily. 

Not to mention Cameron is a great grandson of Steve Hardy! Give the kid some respect! Ron writes Spencer as the cool kid, and he writes the stupid "townie" jokes about Cam.

• Love 3

The first "tease" of the Cameron/Emma/Spencer triangle was Halloween 2013.

And part of my soul just died.

I thought the writing today for the Carly/Michael scenes were subpar and sloppy.  The scenes were semi-decent only because I'm interested in Michael. I hate the idea of another custody storyline that instantly makes Michael look bad in a way a wrongful death suit would actually make him look better and more righteous.  Now, it's like, oh, course, he's being a dick just like AJ. 

Also, I think Ron and the writers took the wrong tack here with Michael always having to defend AJ and his past actions.  It's not about that anymore.  AJ was his father and he loved him and Sonny didn't or couldn't respect that enough to not kill the guy.  It's pathetic.  That's love?  That's what I wanted Michael to bring up to Carly--that Sonny's killing of his adopted son's biodad shows that he couldn't be a good father to anyone.  Also, that he doesn't deserve to be rewarded with Avery.  Oh, look I killed a man, my son's father, give me another kid.  I don't know, this story turn is stupid and the writing is just more retreading the same crap with emphasis on AJ not being worthy and Sonny being a saint. 

Those 4 kids need to get off my screen.  boring first off, and second, there isn't one.

I was literally screaming at the television today during the scenes between Carly and Michael: "WHAT PART OF SONNY KILLED AJ AND SERVED LESS THAN 3 MONTHS DON'T YOU GET, BITCH?"

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 14

I was really concerned about Helena twirling around in high heels at her age. yikes!.

I was really hoping Hells would stab the little douche with her heel, or at least kick him in the face with that pointy toe part.

• Love 5

And part of my soul just died.

I was literally screaming at the television today during the scenes between Carly and Michael: "WHAT PART OF SONNY KILLED AJ AND SERVED LESS THAN 3 MONTHS DON'T YOU GET, BITCH?"

Yet poor Matt is still serving time for killing lisa who was trying to kill patrick and Robin.whats wrong with this picture?

• Love 9

Yet poor Matt is still serving time for killing lisa who was trying to kill patrick and Robin.whats wrong with this picture?

I lay the blame for that on Spin until the end of time.

I wish someone would tell Spenser that he really is as much a townie as the rest of them.

• Love 4

What gets to me is that wasn't the initial reason she didn't want AJ involved.  The initial reason and AJ's biggest crime was that he at first wasn't Tony Jones and then it was because he wasn't Jason.  Carly got knocked up by the wrong dude and AJ paid the price for the rest of his life. That whole alcoholism/Jason reasoning is pure BS.

And Carly is excellent at using history to her benefit but wanting to ignore it when it doesn't fit HER narrative.  

Instead of that whole whining scene with Carly I wish Show had just had Alice bounce her big ass outta the house.  She could had used her like a basketball.  Lord knows it wouldn't hurt her brain.  Total B.S. from her, as usual.  Michael both looked and sounded good today.  He made excellent points about how lethal Moobs is, ALL of which Carly ignored.  She sure is loud for being such an idiot.

I hope Michael laughs in Morgan's face when Morgan comes crying to him about that.

I often look at Morgan as I would a really sweet but very stupid pet.  Or a character on a show like Green Acres or Petticoat Junction.  Like someone who was accidentally held underwater just a mite too long and now is a bit slow. All that's missing when he has dialogue is a word bubble right over his head.  And Morgan, bless him, confirms that impression each and every time he's allowed to have a long scene.

Does Morgan forget that Mommie Dearest sent him off to military school to protect him from Moobs?  Has he forgotten he didn't even use the Corinthos name?  Of course he's forgotten.  Guy is cute but we just know he walks into doors and has to have Joss tie his shoes for him.  He's a typical Corinthos, like Christina.  Michael has his faults but its obvious that he has no biological tie to that Three Stooges dynasty.

Pretty sad, isn't it?  And the Moobs looks at him should tell him that he'll always come in last with dear old dad, but Morgan is a bottomless well of need with him and Carly.  Morgan should be exhibit A in Michael's custody case.  It would be over before it started.  Morgan wouldn't even have time to wipe off the drool.

One more time.  WHERE IS MONICA?  Why can't Show give us at least ONE great scene where Monica can read this slouching horror the riot act?

Why should Michael have all the fun??

I wish someone would tell Spenser that he really is as much a townie as the rest of them.

And then they can tell the little creep what his mother really was, too.  Little shit won't be such an uppity prick then.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

Why not put Spinelli on the antiSonny case? Throw the cash down, Micheal Quartermaine. Hire him as your PI. Why? Because Sonny deserves the annoyance.

Also, wtf is a townie? I heard it on an 80s movie. Wtf is it? Like someone who literally lives in town and they're bad? Where the hell does Spencer live? Spoon Island is in PortCharles.

• Love 2
Also, wtf is a townie? I heard it on an 80s movie. Wtf is it? Like someone who literally lives in town and they're bad? Where the hell does Spencer live? Spoon Island is in PortCharles.

You need two ingredients to create a "townie" situation.  First, you need a small to medium-sized town. Second, you need a big university that draws a significant number of out-of-town students. Oh, like say Rochester, New York, where GH's head writer is from.

The college students who come into town just for school will look down on the locals their age who aren't attending college and call them "townies."  Back in the 60s and 70s, they'd be the blue collar kids who joined a union or otherwise got a full-time job instead of going to college. There'd be townie bars and college bars, for instance.  

• Love 5

Sigh.  Just finished watching.

Yay@Tracy not buying Luke's "explanations".  Nothing he said made sense.  Am I missing something here?  Why did he say he contacted Julian and told him what he wanted (and presumably that he was Luke Spencer)?   Didn't Julian think Luke wasn't really Luke Spencer at first?   That's what he has been saying, anyway.  Julian hasn't stated any of this (stuff Luke said today) to anyone who asks him about Luke - he seems to be as confused as everyone else.  So what Luke said today didn't ring true,

Likewise, when Tracy asked him why he wanted to kill Lulu and her, he told her he tried to kill Lulu so Tracy "wouldn't take it personally"??  Tracy didn't buy that and I would assume the audience didn't, either.  Then when she stated she was going to get to the bottom of things, Luke looked scared. 

If this was supposed to be Luke's big reveal, it didn't come off as credible at all to me.  I was disappointed.

Loved Lulu today, yelling at Helena and trying to shake some truth out of her!  On a shallow note, I actually love Lulu's hair.  And Tracy's too.

Nikolas finally has some life to him.  Helena dancing with Spencer was just creepy.  The kids' scenes?  Meh.  Emma looked uncomfortable throughout.

Pretty sure if you remove something from the temporal lobe and/or the frontal lobe (Dr. Dumdum said the device was "in between" the two lobes), it won't kill someone.  Mess up a lot of stuff like emotional control, working memory, rational thinking, maybe cause hallucinations and other stuff, but won't result in him, say, not breathing.  I know, it's a soap, where anything is possible!  I thought he was going to say he couldn't operate because he was too close to Sam or something, like he tried to do with Rafe.

Michael was terrific, telling Snarly off as he did, but he let her harangue him way too long.  Snarly hasn't one maternal bone in her body!  It's beyond disgusting - even in a soap - that a woman would be so willing, time and time again, to excuse and defend a man whose very existence puts his (and her) children at risk.  I wonder how the actress feels about it all...

One last thing...Sonny hitting the door jamb when he and Morgan were discussing Michael.  Made me jump and I was surprised the baby didn't start crying.  What a peaceful, stable home for little Avery!  Sheesh.

• Love 4

I would really like to know how a guy can get past his father, his trusted and supposedly loving father, sleeping with one's girlfriend, in a crypt no less, almost literally on the grave of the man he murdered.  And not just getting past it, mind, not just forgiving and forgetting and building a new, tolerable relationship with said father. That guy is now in serious contention to be said father's Biggest, Most Greatest Fan.  Morgan has got to be one of the most understanding and forgiving men on Earth.  Too bad he has none left to spare for Michael.

That is one messed up kid.  His desperation for Sonny's love and approval is really sad and pathetic.  If either side calls him to the stand as a character witness in the custody hearing, regardless of which side, any remotely discerning judge will get the real picture of Sonny Corinthos.

Of course, it's PC.  I ain't counting on discernment in that courtroom.

• Love 10
Loved him countering that Avery's been with Sonny about 3 days when Carly's all "don't take Avery away from her home."

God, I know.  And I think the 3 days is an exaggeration, although given the wonky timing of this show I guess it's possible.  But just so so stupid.  Carly sure wasn't worried about taking Avery from her home when she helped Sonny rip her away from Kiki, who's been her primary caretaker for three MONTHS.  Are the writers even aware of how stupid this is, or is it possible that they're intending to make Carly such an obvious hypocrite?  I wish it was the latter, but I'm sure it's not.

I remain stalwart in my affection for Spencer.  I absolutely understand why you all hate him, but I have an unidentifiable soft spot for him.  I'm looking forward to his party.  We haven't seen the kids in a while; I prefer them to appear only occasionally like this. 

One day Spencer will be murdered, and Chandler will be the culprit.

That said, this is probably true.

I really miss Sonny-hating Morgan.  But I felt so bad for him today when he was like "What am I, chopped liver?  I love you and will never leave you!!!"  and Sonny was basically "Yeah, whatever.  Now let's go back to talking about the kids I love."  I'm hoping (against hope) that Sonny's total disregard for Morgan somehow drives him to Michael's side, especially once they find out that Morgan is Avery's dad, and then Dante supports Avery being taken away from Sonny, and all of Sonny's sons hate him and he's left with nothing but one girl child who isn't even on the canvas anymore (and who he tried to blow up).  And then he and Carly hole up in his mansion and spend the rest of their days alone, growing old and decrepit, having the house shrink in on them as their bodies age and they lose the ability to get upstairs or to the east wing or whatever and Sonny accidentally burns down the kitchen while cooking a gore-may meal and Carly starts losing control of her bladder, and because Michael has taken the hotel and all of Sonny's businesses, they can't afford to pay a housekeeper or to pay for repairs and so the house gets filthy and starts to fall apart until at one point only one sink and zero toilets work and several windows are broken and they have to move in to just the living room, eating vienna sausages heated over a benson burner while wearing what are basically rags, all the while Sonny's thinning greasy hair is slicked way back and Carly insists on wearing huge rings and a corset even though she's otherwise clothed in a threadbare housecoat, and eventually they die in that living room, three days apart, and no one notices for 7 months.  And of course they'll be telling each other how wonderful they are right up until the end.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 14

Hahaha, Turtle!  But but but...what will become of Duke, and Shawn?

I look forward to your answer!

The brief time Kiki was mentioned was when Morgan was telling Sonny, hey she just lost her mother and now her sister is gone too, and Sonny is like "yeah whatever".  Why do the writers bring things up like this if the character isn't going to respond properly?  Is it just to reinforce the idea that Sonny is a self-absorbed dick?  Or send some of us into an angry snit?

The writers need to give Morgan something to do.  Like, a job.  Or school.  He really has no purpose on the show right now except to prop up Sonny and to nag Michael.  The writers also need to get Monica involved. 

These scenes with Sonny and Morgan just seem to be a waste of time, rehashing over and over all the stupid things they say to each other.

• Love 1

Every time Carly defends Sonny, each time she declares her love for him, I picture back when Olivia was shot.  At the time Sonny thought it was because Carly had sent Shawn to kill Franco and that it was his bullet that put Olivia's life in danger.  I remember quite clearly Sonny and Carly in that hospital hallway, the scene where Sonny looked her in the eye and said, "If she dies, you die." 

I remember Carly's initial look of disbelief and then the fear spreading across her face, her beginning to tremble, as she realized that Sonny meant it.  The dawning realization he was going to kill her. 

Yes, folks - there you have it.  A love story for the ages.

Carly, you're sick and should send yourself back to Shady Brook.  Like yesterday.

Sonny is Sonny.

Go Michael.  Keep on truth telling, plotting and scheming to do whatever it takes to bring the bastard DOWN.

• Love 21

The writers need to give Morgan something to do.  Like, a job.  Or school.  He really has no purpose on the show right now except to prop up Sonny and to nag Michael.

He's a complete waste of space. Why they have to trash Morgan just to finally make Michael interesting, I have no idea. Obviously Ron finds it too taxing to come up with good stories for both of them at the same time.

• Love 8

Every time Carly defends Sonny, each time she declares her love for him, I picture back when Olivia was shot.  At the time Sonny thought it was because Carly had sent Shawn to kill Franco and that it was his bullet that put Olivia's life in danger.  I remember quite clearly Sonny and Carly in that hospital hallway, the scene where Sonny looked her in the eye and said, "If she dies, you die."

to be honest, I never really bought that Sonny would threaten Carly with death over friggin Olivia. But sadly even if I did that is just a mere highlight on the Sonny-Carly dysfunction express.

He's a complete waste of space. Why they have to trash Morgan just to finally make Michael interesting, I have no idea. Obviously Ron finds it too taxing to come up with good stories for both of them at the same time.

That would turn too much of the audience against Sonny to have both his young hot sons find him hateful at the same time. Even the facebook crowd would start to turn against him (or maybe not, who knows).

• Love 3

I like Michael these days - he's anti Sonny and that's all that matters to me. I don't mind that Avery is "in the middle", there've been custody battles since the beginning of soaps. didn't start with Ron, won't end with him.

Not sure what to make of the Fluke stuff. The ABC "breaking news" interrupted most of it but I did catch the tail end of it. It all seems stupid heaped upon stupid. Luke was only in the mental institution getting beaten up and swapping his meds a few weeks ago ... so is it really supposed to be out of every viewer's mind that we've seen there be a different Luke than the murderous creep that we're seeing now? It kind of begs the question of why bother to watch this show in the first place if tomorrow they'll just discount today? Does Ron really understand the concept of what a serial is?

Poor Morgan.

• Love 6

I remember Carly's initial look of disbelief and then the fear spreading across her face, her beginning to tremble, as she realized that Sonny meant it.  The dawning realization he was going to kill her. 

Yes, folks - there you have it.  A love story for the ages.

Sonny is Sonny.

Go Michael.  Keep on truth telling, plotting and scheming to do whatever it takes to bring the bastard DOWN.

I remember that scene.  Chilling. 

"A love story for the ages", yes...if you believe that "gangster with a heart of gold" trope; excuse abusive behavior either by using mental illness, or 'she deserved it', or 'that's just how gangsters are'; and/or place the responsibility on the victim, not the abuser.  * I am not saying you do any of this, I am speaking about the writers*

What Snarly needs is counseling so she doesn't hook up with abusive men.  Olivia, too.  NOT so they can somehow take blame for the way these men treat them, but so they can give themselves permission to set boundaries and realize they do NOT have to give them the time of day 'just because they have good in them'.  Hell, Hitler loved his dogs...so what??

It is really unfortunate that soap operas are so far behind about this issue.  And, as another forum poster put it, it's a reflection of society.  Sadly, I totally agree. 

And, like you, I am full-on supportive of Michael doing whatever it takes. 

Yeah...what about the basement conversations, the scenes at Miscavige, and all the rest?  Are we supposed to just forget any of this happened?

• Love 5

Dear Ron,

I love the idea of AJ's child keeping Sonny from his child. That is poetic justice. Also, shooting Sonny Carly in the head would also be poetic justice.

Sincerely,

sacrebleu

Fixed your spelling for you.

P.S. - And let it take this time.

Why would he not have rights? He is her brother. His disowning of  Sonny is only in terms of changing his last name, he cannot as far as I understand NYS law undo his adoption.

I remember back in the day, whenever A.J. tried to legally get Michael back, they'd wave those stupid adoption papers in his face and it would be all, "Case closed.  Get outta here, LOSER."  I would love, love, LOVE it if those self same adoption papers came back to bite Sonny in the ass in the battle for Avery, since they prove that yes indeed Michael has legal standing to sue for sole custody.  Please, Ron, this a nod to history that would actually be awesome!

LOL @Carly appearing to want to bite Michael for saying he didn't want Avery to be raised by a murderer. Michael standing his ground with his mother is a thing of beauty. Loved her anger and attempts at protests, in the face of his blatant truths about the death of Lily's baby and his siblings' trauma over the years. Loved him countering that Avery's been with Sonny about 3 days when Carly's all "don't take Avery away from her home."   Her going on and on about Sonny's love is just....so vomit-inducing. Loved Michael calling Carly desperate to her face and her looking all sad and defeated.

Much as I find Carly to be a useless waste of skin, I have to say LW is just bringing it in these scenes.  Her desperate denial, the marble-eyed way she tries to justify her heinous actions, and the final realization that it has all come crashing down and she has lost Michael for good - she really does play all the beats.  I saw hints of the great, always one-down, guttersnipe diva Carly that I actually liked, back when SJB was playing the role.  Carly losing and desperate is always 110% more interesting than Carly the eternal winner who everyone says is bravestrongloveswithherwholeheart.

Patrick Drake is the dumbest dumb, who ever dumbed.  One of the dead people your wife worked on is back and causing havoc.  Do you try and find said wife, to find out what is happening?  Nope.

That would require him to care about said wife, which is impossible, because the only person Patrick Drake cares about is himself.

And because Ron is so enamored of these kids, they're never going to get SOARSed.  They'll just keeping playing this kiddie quad and by the time they hit high school, when the different romantic permutations here might actually be interesting, we'll be sick to death of them, in any and all combinations.

And by then, we'll never be able to get rid of them because, "We all saw them grow up on screen!  They're treasures!"

I love how Lily getting blown up was "a long time ago," according to Carly, but AJ driving Jason into a tree was yesterday.

With the extra added irony that, if Jason hadn't gone into that tree, he wouldn't have wanted to have a thing to do with Carly.

• Love 9

I think that's part of the distinction.  Little kids, real little kids, play act being grown ups. So they want to marry adults, and chase after kids on the playground for purposes of declaring their love or giving them some chaste kiss.

But these kids aren't supposedly playing acting ... I guess?  And no adult has sat them down to ask them what they mean by their declarations and actions.  This talk of "dates"? The parents really need to sit them down and make sure there isn't physical experimentation going on, no coercion, no pressuring.  These kids have crossed lines in terms of seeing themselves as coupled up.  Developmentally, it's just all wrong, and that's why it's making just about anyone in the audience who has progressed further than adolescenthood feel uncomfortable.  

Imagine how Robert would respond to an 8-year-old boy giving Robin a faberge egg or have his limo driver pick her up for a "date" at Kellys? 

Robert was SO overprotective and a hardass. And here we have Patrick who sends his child to her boyfriend's home for sleepovers.

I can see it and hear it in my head.  Their father/daughter relationship was good drama and comedy.  Not sure when Tristan's real daughter was born but she must have been a toddler when Kimberly was a teen and I thought he did so well with being the understanding yet annoying Dad.

As for Disney Jr - I mean, GH Jr. , I can't deal with those kids.  Have a Spencer Cassadine but please recast him.  Obviously all those assholes love him but let's soras these kids and get a teen prince to play against Prince Nik.  That kid is a weasel.

• Love 1

The writers also need to get Monica involved.

Ain't that the truth.  And I know it will never happen, but I want one of these people - I know it won't be Sonny or Carly. - but just one to feel a little shame in their joyousness in Sonny's pardon and their new baby Avery, in the face of Monica, who has lost all of her children (as everyone thinks, to this point), one of them to the patriarch of this toxic dynasty.

And another thing!  Kiki is virtually Morgan's only friend, but he had no problem ratting her out to daddy with regards to her thinking about fighting for custody of Avery.  He didn't know she'd decided not to.

I'm really starting to hate Morgan.  Not with the fire of a thousand suns, like with Carly and Sonny, maybe just a couple hundred right now, so there's hope!  I really need for Morgan to find out this baby is his and see him try to wrest custody from his beloved, supportive, gosh darn near perfect dad.

• Love 12

I'll be strangely optimistic. I think Morgan being all "You're mah dad! And I'm telling you Daddy SonnyBucks I'm not going no no no cause you are teh besssstttt!" Will eventually bite Sonny and Carly in the ass in such a beautiful way. Those self absorbed poor excuses for parents have messed up so badly by 1.) putting Micheal the Actual Quartermaine as The Next Sonny/Jasus Hybrid that they never stopped to think "What if he learns the truth? What if he actually bonds with AJ? Holy shit we live in Port Charles where people rarely die for real." 2.) ignoring and grossly underestimating Morgan. I know, you're like da fuck? But think about it. A bit of 20-23 year olds are immature as hell. It takes a huge significant experience to kinda knock some maturity into them, kind of nature's bucket of cold water if you will. But shouldn't that have been the mob gun fight or shooting Max? No, this is Sonny's kid. They've all seen this shit. What about the relationship with Ava? You mean when he deep down was expressing a rebellion and desire for his mother and father to actually pay attention to him? That won't wake him into growing up or shock him into reality. It's when he learns the paternity test was switched imo. He's going to look around and realize why Micheal is pissed at Carly and Sonny. And they can't handle a more mature Morgan, Micheal Quartermaine, nor the eventual Jason rejection which all imo are being dropped by huge anvils.

• Love 4

I liked Michael not buying any of Carly's BS about Sonny and his love and need for adoration.

Why did they have NB sitting on his legs during the Kelly scenes? Just give him a booster seat. We now he's shorter than all the other kids.

Why....is there a kiddie quad, why does the kiddie quad get so much screen time, why does the kiddie have an ongoing storyline????

Anna, Jordan, Brad, Lucas, TJ nor Molly are driving story or get this amount of screen time.

I miss fire starter Cam, too.

• Love 3

Ooh, it could be like Murder On The Orient Express, where

everybody takes turns passing the knife.

I would also accept this as the conclusion to a future "Who Killed Sonny?" story. I'm flexible that way.

Spoiler tags probably not necessary but I put then in just in case someone hasn't read the book or watched any of the film adaptations, plans to, and wants to be surprised.

Edited by Chanandler
  • Love 7

All Spencer does is mock them for being townies. Does Spencer know anyone who isn't a townie? 

Helena. 

Me too *high five* 

I want to launch him into the sun. 

I'm going to go the other way and get into his good graces. Infilterate. (Once I figure out how Twitter works.)

• Love 4

During the last Lewq/Tracy scene, there was a point where the camera was only on Tony and I really thought they were going to pan back to where Tracy was standing, and Laura would be there too. I blame the wine.

But seriously, if Ron wants to tell a story about Lewq stepping back and becoming a family man while Sonny took over Frank Smith's territory and then later regretted that decision, then he needs at least Laura on screen.

Also, I thought for a couple of minutes that Luke was actually going to verbalize that Lucky dying and Laura being lost is what drive him to turn. Because even when Lucky returned, an argument could be made that he was never the same and that "cowboy" really did die in that fire.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

But seriously, if Ron wants to tell a story about Lewq stepping back and becoming a family man while Sonny took over Frank Smith's territory, then he needs at least Laura on screen.

Luke's speech would make sense if he was Damian Smith (with Helena messing with the DNA and Fingerprints) but if he is Luke it is pointless. When Sonny took over for Frank Smith, he was weak and in conflict first with Damian and then Joe Sully Sr. Luke was his ally. if he regretted the choice he could have made his move then. Similarly when Sonny was threatening to kill Ethan, Luke could have easily allied with Johnny and the three of them ousted Sonny. In fact i can think of a half dozen occasions over the years when Luke could have taken control easily from Sonny. What about when Sonny left town after leaving Brenda at the altar, you mean Luke could not have manipulated brain damaged Jason at that point?  or in P.R with Sonny and Brenda you mean to say there was not a moment when Luke, who saved them both if I recall, could not have let Sonny die? Please

Further if Luke was feed up with his family, then why rescue Lulu from Stravos? why save her from the Monkey Virus? Why go though the charade marriage with Laura when she first came out of her cationic state? why all the countless rescues of his family from Cassadines over the years? Why the tears at Lucky's bed side when he pulled the plug and made Lucky fight to live? Why give the radium cure to Sean Donnelly over his supposed ally Jerry Jax?   I am not sure who knows less of Luke's History: Ron or TG. What a piece of crap this thing is They need to back away quickly from this storyline before they implode the entire mythos of GH.

One of the things Ron seems to forget is that it is not His Show. He did not create it, the characters he plays with are a legacy of more than fifty years. He must respect the past. I have said before writing a soap is closer to writing a comic book then anything else, you are building on the past and must respect the conceit of the characters. Ron has no clue how to do this

• Love 10

Thank you Michael for focusing on Avery's well-being in yesterday's episode.  (Well, thank the writers for focusing on these needed lines in a timely way.)  Either way, I liked hearing the words and, in spite of Carly being Carly, I liked the performance quality of the scenes between Michael and Carly. 

And, while acknowledging what a bona fide mess Luke Spencer is right now, I will also thank Geary for toning down the OTT scenery chewing and giving us more grounded material.   I actually liked the Luke/Jake and Luke/Tracy scenes - especially the scenes with Tracy where she was able to see (FINALLY!): "There is so much more to this than you are letting on. And I'm not going to rest until I find out exactly what it is."  

For the first time, I thought just maybe the mystery of Luke's past could actually turn into a decent story of discovery of what made Luke the way he is.  Maybe. But I did feel some hope ... just follow Tracy's lead and the more measured tone of yesterday's scenes, please.   (And I may be alone on this, but the explanation of why Flukey Luke has wanted to tear Sonny down made a kind of sense.)   Holding further judgment and comment in reserve and playing a wait and see game with this story.

Now I do wish the OTT tap could have remained turned off when the scene switched to Wyndermere.  I much preferred Lulu's recent confrontation with Nik to this campier hint at a hen fight - where it was obvious Helena could have wiped the floor with Lulu had she chosen to do so.  The darkly quiet scenes between Luke and Tracy were much more effective.

As well, I'm weary of the writers' tendency to TELL us what characters are like - as has been happening regularly lately with the "Lulu is a Spencer" references.   These references are especially noticeable in confrontation scenes such as the recent ones with Scotty and Helena.   With a 5-day-a-week, 52-week-a-year format, the writers do NOT need to editorialize to create character qualities.  Please just let the acting and the character's own words and actions do the job! 

And then there were the kids!  Have any of you ever heard children this age use the word "want" in this context: "You knew Spencer WANTED you and Joss WANTED me?"   Help me on this one because I find the word "want" such an adult word.  Yes, little kids can have little crushes, but, for me, the writers are laying too much of an adult veneer on these scenes with these very young children. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 5

The more I try to make any sense of this Luke mess the less it makes any sense. Why did we have months of Luke talking to tied up Luke in the Elm Street house just to be shown an old skeleton? If Luke really is Luke what was the whole point of him going into the basement to talk to what? himself?...that turned out to be a skeleton that may or may not be Bill. Why would Luke talk to Bill's skeleton like it was Luke himself and taunt himself in private when no one was watching....ummm yah my head hurts now.

• Love 4

The more I try to make any sense of this Luke mess the less it makes any sense. Why did we have months of Luke talking to tied up Luke in the Elm Street house just to be shown an old skeleton? If Luke really is Luke what was the whole point of him going into the basement to talk to what? himself?...that turned out to be a skeleton that may or may not be Bill. Why would Luke talk to Bill's skeleton like it was Luke himself and taunt himself in private when no one was watching....ummm yah my head hurts now.

I hear you!  This story has so been so painfully convoluted that it's hard to tell which side is up in the ever-changing world of Flukey Luke.   At this point, my tentative approach is to go with the DID theory - a theory I have avoided accepting until Flukey Luke's last scenes with "himself" in the Elm Street basement.

That's when I had to accept that Fluke and Luke were the same person and that these conversations have been in Luke's imagination.  DID is not easily identified or explained; however, apparently, having two personalities fight with each other like this is one part of the syndrome.   And having those arguments escalate in the Elm Street basement puts the focus on Luke's childhood in that place as having been the source of Luke's DID. 

Edited by Aurora2
Michael standing firm against Carly's bullshit made me want to make out with that tiny mouth of his.

I guffawed! But also, I shamefully agree.

I wouldn't go that far! But I too guffawed. :)

I'm really starting to hate Morgan.  Not with the fire of a thousand suns, like with Carly and Sonny, maybe just a couple hundred right now, so there's hope!  I really need for Morgan to find out this baby is his and see him try to wrest custody from his beloved, supportive, gosh darn near perfect dad.

I don't know if it's a sign of me just not caring that much or BC being just a so-so actor, but the most I can muster up against Morgan is an eyeroll. Now Carly and her "hahahas" make me practically grit my teeth. I'm gonna give LW credit for making Carly as tone deaf and delusional as possible.

• Love 4
Carly losing and desperate is always 110% more interesting than Carly the eternal winner who everyone says is bravestrongloveswithherwholeheart.

She's not really losing yet, though. Michael is mad at her, but he hasn't denounced her the way he did Sonny.

I'm gonna give LW credit for making Carly as tone deaf and delusional as possible.

Always. I may hate Carly, but I think LW totally gets her and knows how to play her. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

Carly and sonny actually losing will happen when the cops win which will be never. It sucks but I realize that its pointless wishing for something that will never happen and I'm tired of hoping GH will change or get better when it obviously won't.

• Love 5