Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Don't forget about "risotto risotto risotto!!" Because apparently that is the only dish Sam can make but it's just so gosh darn incredible and amazing it may just land her a spot on the Food network.

Hey, risotto is mad hard, according to every episode of Hell's Kitchen.

• Love 3

He did give Lucas that line didn't he? When Brad was gasping about what he did to him. Oh Ron, always name dropping shows with actual good writing and direction as if that somehow makes you apart of the gang.

Yup.  So stupid.  Why can't Lucas just be good in bed?  Why does it have to be undercut with a TV reference?  You wouldn't see Nathan saying something like that.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Sam and Patrick's dialogue is basically "You're so pretty. No, you're so pretty! Phoenix, phoenix, phoenix." It is mind-numbing

It's so bad. I drink everytime I hear phoenix or knick knack. It's replaced beard, pool and adventure buddy.

• Love 2

Hey, risotto is mad hard, according to every episode of Hell's Kitchen.

I'm shocked Ron didn't have Sam proclaim that she learned the recipe from watching "The Taste" since he keeps shilling for so many other ABC shows. 

Maybe he'll have Franco, Sonny and Julian comment that they totally took down those guards like "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." would have.

Yup.  So stupid.  Why can't Lucas just be good in bed?  Why does it have to be undercut with a TV reference?  You wouldn't see Nathan saying something like that.

I'd hate to ask Ron just how witty he really believes himself to be because I've no doubt the answer would make me upchuck.

I don't mind it if someone isn't hot. But then give me some charisma or acting talent, neither of which Agent Sloane had, imo.

I can't choose between Nathan and Levi.

I don't think any actor would have been able to do much with what that actor has been given from what I've seen. IDK about the charisma part-so many actors on GH that get gushed over online don't have much of it either IMO. I didn't, as I said, see enough of him to really know what I thought-if he had it or didn't.

I think Rebecca Herbst is so bland and vanilla she literally fades into the background of even scenes that are about LIZ.  I've seen people bash KT's acting but KT outshone RH in every.single.scene.

And considering BH has a lot more experience under her belt, that's shameful. But then, IMO, charisma is again something you have or you don't. It can't be learned or faked. KT has at least a little bit of it. I don't think BH has it at all. She's much like RP for me-very pretty but not much else.

And I don't know why I used BH as an example, because she's certainly not the only GH'r that fits what I am talking about. She's just who came to my mind.

I still don't get it, besides the obvious plot point, WHY are Samtrick picking up Brad & Lucas? Patrick was right, it sounds like they are chaperoning them, wtf?

I mean, if you're going to do plot points, have them make some kind of sense. There's NO reason Sam needs to take her ADULT brother to a party. Meet up with him at the party, great! But going in a group?

All in all I was happy to see Cojones again, and I loved Brad's little speech about the McDonald's happy meal toy.

eta: I am legit shocked that Patrick got no snark about Lucas running the clinic and why not him or someone like him instead. As long as Patrick has been on this show he has a massive ego. Maybe he was thinking it but holding back for Sam. 

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 1

I just love that there's 32 years between Maura West and Donna Mills and Maura West looks like her sister. Omg that Dr Kevin day player is SO bad and he looks like Josh Duggar   .Sorry  that was off topic but I'm ff'ing through all the muck on YT now

• Love 2

Jon Lindstrom is filming Season 2 of "True Detective" so he wasn't available when they taped this.

When Lucas said he'd been taking sex tips from "How to Get Away With Murder", I shuddered when they kissed.  My first thought went to the action on HTGAWM that involved mouths and I just went there. Eek.

And I'm not talking oral sex, either,

Yeah, that's what they were referring to. They can't make any kind of gay joke without making it about another TV show? Sigh.

I think what someone else said is right - Ron and co. really feel like they're part of a fraternity of much more talented writers on much better shows* when they do this "me too!" shit with recent pop culture references. They're not and it's sad to watch them try to glom on.

(* - I don't think HTGAWM is very good, for the record; I only hang with it for Viola Davis.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

Jon Lindstrom is filming Season 2 of "True Detective" so he wasn't available when they taped this.

We know and that's great for Jon Lindstrom, but again, that doesn't excuse the show's treatment of Kevin.  He's kept off-screen for MONTHS and only when it's a Carly/Jake(son) plot point is it vital that we see him?

It shows you what Ron thinks about the character, and possibly the actor.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

We know and that's great for Jon Lindstrom, but again, that doesn't excuse the show's treatment of Kevin. He's kept off-screen for MONTHS and only when it's a Carly/Jake(son) plot point is it vital that we see him?

It shows you what Ron thinks about the character, and possibly the actor.

It's weird that they even used Kevin to begin with. Jake could have "talked" with anyone, but suddenly it's like "WE NEED KEV" when the actor isn't there. Ok, then.

• Love 2

When Lucas said he'd been taking sex tips from "How to Get Away With Murder", I shuddered when they kissed. My first thought went to the action on HTGAWM that involved mouths and I just went there. Eek.

And I'm not talking oral sex, either,

I gave up on HTGAWM... Do I even want to ask what Lucas was referring too? I thought it was just lame ABC name dropping their own stuff, but I totally buy the Ron Trying To Be Cool theory, too.

Unless JL called in sick the day the Kevin scene was suppose to be filled and they just had to film that day anyway and grabbed a guy, there's no excuse/reason for setting up talking to Kevin only for it to be someone random.

I continue to hate myself for strangely liking these Sonny and Julian scenes. Maurice even pulled off sarcasm today, but I've noticed in the past, namely with Todd scenes, Maurice actually can at times in scenes with RoHo.

Edited by Gigi43

I continue to hate myself for strangely liking these Sonny and Julian scenes. Maurice even pulled off sarcasm today, but I've noticed in the past, namely with Todd scenes, Maurice actually can at times in scenes with RoHo.

I liked it when Franco said that would make an awkward Christmas card and Sonny "said hoho so why did you think we'd let you in on the plan with us." I need help. I need Franco to go away so I can go back to my regularly scheduled Sonny indifference.

• Love 3

I dunno about this "Pat" thing.  Isn't Luke already an old woman?

Luke is a douchebage and a spoiled brat, as is Tony Geary. I agree on buying him a one-way ticket to Amsterdam pronto. Get off my soap, Tony Geary.

• Love 3

I gave up on HTGAWM... Do I even want to ask what Lucas was referring too?.

I really like characters/aspects of Murder, but they need to make a few changes in season 2 starting with dropping Wes.

Anyway, Lucas was referring to

Connor rimming a guy.

That guy used the same "my eyes are watering" line.

I'm actually surprised they got away with that at 2/3 in the afternoon, and then Lucas aggressively pawing at Brad and looking at his ass. I mean kudos to TFGH for showing it, but i csnt believe they got away with it.

Edited by Tiger

I think I may be one of the few online who don't have a problem with Sloane, or the current actor playing him.  Then again, I've watched him a total of maybe three times-and what I saw IMO wouldn't have given any actor much to work with. I like that he is a tool to knock Anna off her pedestal.

She kind of needs to be knocked off from time to time. Especially since when you consider that in reality, the idea of a woman allowed to remain police commissioner while dating a supposed reformed mobster (at the time) is stupid to the nth degree.

If it were RL people would be picketing for her to be fired.

So eh. He gets in Anna's face. It's past due.

If that was the reason he was giving her a hard time, I might be ok with it.  But it's not.  He came to town to shame her for what she did to poor Faison.  Of which I am SURE he knows their history.  So yeah....fuck him.   And everyone else that has used that to make her feel bad. 

Hee. That kinda works actually. "Damn it, I didn't account for Luke's hands being so brittle they could just slip through!"

I actually laughed me ass off when Dante had him cuff himself to those ancient rails.   Real sturdy there Dante.

• Love 3

Honestly, I wouldn't've thought that F-Luke could even break those things free, but I guess he's stronger than he looks. Much, much, stronger.

They just should have had F-Luke booby trap the steps somehow.

I had to add those Fs on, I'm too lazy to type Fluke now. Luke fluke whoever.

I love how Carly said, "in my unprofessional opinion, Jake is far from okay." Why does Carly think that FKevin would take her opinion seriously? (rhetorical question)

Edited by ulkis

I'm actually surprised they got away with that at 2/3 in the afternoon, and then Lucas aggressively pawing at Brad and looking at his ass. I mean kudos to TFGH for showing it, but i csnt believe they got away with it.

Even the censors have given up on this show.

• Love 10

My theory is that Luke purposely shackled himself  to a broken bannister. 

Maybe I've been ffing too much, but the big gala for the waterfront revitalization project was thrown together by Lulu and ex-con Johnny in 48 hours??? and all of Port Charlies is showing up?  to a party on a boat in January? 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 1

I enjoyed this episode. I mean it had a whole bunch of hot Lucas/Brad action so I was bound to love it. The HTGAWM line was so embarrassing, but PS and RyCa have so much chem it's ridiculous.

Probably not a great idea to have Sam and Patrick lamely trying to act like a super hot couple in the same ep as Brad and Lucas actually being a super hot couple. 

I loved the prison scenes. I hate myself, but whatever. I laughed every time Sonny talked about strangling Franco because, you know, it's Franco, but also it's so very annoying that Sonny is just going around talking about all the people he wants to murder. He's learned nothing. Which, as ulkis has said before, is certainly realistic for Sonny, but it just makes the fact that he's gonna end up being billed as a hero again all the more aggravating.

Dante's face when Fluke pushed him down the stairs was the best UCG I've seen in awhile.

• Love 3

The Kevin recast was incredibly jarring. RC/FV really handled this poorly and there is no excuse for it. As other mentioned, they could have simply had a day player, even this guy, play a colleague of Kevin taking over his cases.  It has been known for a long time that JL has gotten another paying job and it isn't like Kevin was in mid storyline and JL got sick or injured. I am getting really sick of their laziness. 

• Love 5

Don't judge me, but I didn't see the hawtness of the gay couple. Honestly, Lucas and Brad looked like two heteros acting like gay lovers who were acting like heteros. Seems to me the same actions and lines could have been used satirically to be making fun of their love in the afternoon. A certain "je ne sais quoi" of the gay scene was missing. It was awash in testosterone, and not in a good way.

Fluke and "Spanky" in the sack rises to just about the same level of belief.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3

Well, besides Fluke and Helena, I thought today was a decent show. Even with those two I liked their scene partners, Dante and Jake. Dante is doing his job, albeit with dire results and Jake is coping finally coping some serious attidute. It is an improvement to everyone having on blinders, it is movement.

Lucas and Brad were HOT. I don't understand why they are no used more and no, propping Carly is not Lucas' only purpose. Giving Brad the best organs of his life is on his list of purposes. CLEARLY.

I enjoy Sam and Patrick enjoying each other's company. They should milk the happiness and silliness for all its worth because it is going to be snotty tears when they are invaded by fucking Jakeson.

I can never love Ava or even like her but I can say this, Ava is worth rooting for. All because of MW and that adorable baby. I said a while that her connections with Silas and Avery would bring a side to her that would resonate with people who have no use for her otherwise. I became one of those people yesterday.

I was fine with a Kevin stand in. Which is all he was, a stand in. If it was another psychiatrist, the complaints would be that Kevin is being shat on. I am happy that the other is busy working on a better produced and more prestigious show.

I fastforwarded all things Sonny/Julian and Franco. It is a shame since I was loving the unlikely alliance of Julian and Sonny.

On second thought, I guess I should have posted in the Unpopular opinion post.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 3

I was fine with a Kevin stand in. Which is all he was, a stand in. If it was another psychiatrist, the complaints would be that Kevin is being shat on. I am happy that the other is busy working on a better produced and more prestigious show.

I disagree.  It is one thing when the show has to do emergency recast like Jen Lilly  (sp?) for Maxie Jones, because she was feature several times a week and KS needed to take medical leave, quite another when the show is well aware that the fan favorite actor would not be able to reprise his role for one day to push a plot point in someone else's story. Most on this board know that JL will be featured on True Detectives, so if this actor was all of sudden playing another psychiatrist at the hospital, I think most would be fine with it. The show tried it before when they had Sandra Ferguson take over for Felecia in 2005 because the show was being a dick to Kristen Wagner, and if you don't remember that, then it pretty much answers why it is a bad idea to have stand in actors for longtime characters.

• Love 1

Don't judge me, but I didn't see the hawtness of the gay couple. Honestly, Lucas and Brad looked like two heteros acting like gay lovers who were acting like heteros. Seems to me the same actions and lines could have been used satirically to be making fun of their love in the afternoon. A certain "je ne sais quoi" of the gay scene was missing. It was awash in testosterone, and not in a good way.

Fluke and "Spanky" in the sack rises to just about the same level of belief.

There are lots of gay guys that act just like straight dudes. I actually have to give Ron credit for having four guys, between OLTL and GH, that are guys that happen to be gay instead of gay guys.

• Love 14

I loved the prison scenes. I hate myself, but whatever. I laughed every time Sonny talked about strangling Franco because, you know, it's Franco, but also it's so very annoying that Sonny is just going around talking about all the people he wants to murder. He's learned nothing. Which, as ulkis has said before, is certainly realistic for Sonny, but it just makes the fact that he's gonna end up being billed as a hero again all the more aggravating.

Sonny called Michael, right, on purpose, when they had the cell? It wasn't that Michael just happened to be on the line or anything, right? I just want to make sure so I can properly whine, heh, about how everyone will be congratulating Sonny on Saving Them All when if he had just called his son the cop who is actually speaking to him, he could have had a much better chance of stopping things. Maybe not that much better, since as we saw today Dante is dumb, but a little better. Instead Michael will probably be all oh why didn't I listen to you?

But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

Many of Patrick's lines hurt me today. Was Patrick always sound this bad when trying to sound suave? I could have sworn he got away with it better 10 years ago. I know he was a huge douchebag but he was able to pull it off better.

• Love 1

Mmmm, Brucas was hot. They definitely should have been showing more of them getting it on.

So, let me get this straight. Sonny hates Ava more than Franco? Which means that he cares more about his 291839620th love of his life than Michael. Really, show? Wait, actually that sounds about right. In my version of this prison break, Julian stabs both Sonny and Franco killing them and meets up with Ava to be Team Jerome foreva!

I can't believe Fake Kevin is the cowboy who tried to rape Kelly Taylor at Halloween. I know this re-cast is just for a day, but trying to picture this guy with Lucy is, well not possible. *after Googling* Wait, this guy is 51?!?! Good lord. I feel like this ages me somehow, and I resent that. He doesn't look it, but then again JL doesn't look anywhere near his age either.

Jason and the brainwashing. I can't decide if I'm more sick of this or of Fluke. They both suck so much.

I liked Ava's scenes with Maddy much better than the last ones. Today, she was back to scheming and more like herself. I've missed her. Not that I don't love Ava with Avery, but she needs to get back that edge.

When is this party? When do sweeps start? And how am I going to make it through the whole thing without becoming incredibly bored?

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6

Ulkis not only did Sonny call Michael, he magically knew his changed number before Carly did to do so!

Though maybe there's an up coming scene mentioning Lucas gave it to Julian to give to Sonny...

Sonny seems to be the only one who doesn't call Dante for personal policing because I guess doing anything slightly legal is that much not an option for him, ever.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

Many of Patrick's lines hurt me today. Was Patrick always sound this bad when trying to sound suave? I could have sworn he got away with it better 10 years ago. I know he was a huge douchebag but he was able to pull it off better.

I'm not exactly a Patrick/Robin 'shipper, though I did enjoy the beginning of their relationship, but for whatever reason, Robin is the only person I've ever seen Patrick have chemistry with.  I had hopes for Patrick and Sam, and I did think some of their early flirtation was fun and cute, but now that it's on, I just don't buy it at all.  I remember Patrick and Robin as pretty hot, and I think Patrick and Sam are so pretty it's blinding, and I just get NOTHING from them.  I feel no sexual energy coming off Patrick at all.  It's weird.

Maybe JT should get some pointers from Parry Shen.  I'm definitely in the group who thinks that Lucas and Brad melt the screen, and if PS--who has a wife and kids--can sell it, no one else has any excuses.  Brad had tons of chem with Britt, too.  Why is it again that we only see him once every 2 months?  He's one of the few remaining cast members who looks alert and alive in every scene he's in.

• Love 4

Now Ron's totally going to write something for Nathan with a TV reference. You jinxed it.

I hate Carly's top. And I think she wears some great things, but this wasn't one of them.

Honestly, I wouldn't've thought that F-Luke could even break those things free, but I guess he's stronger than he looks. Much, much, stronger.

Considering that no one has managed to kill eight hundred year old Helena, and make it stick, I'm not really surprised that Fluke could break out of handcuffs.

• Love 3
There are lots of gay guys that act just like straight dudes. I actually have to give Ron credit for having four guys, between OLTL and GH, that are guys that happen to be gay instead of gay guys.

And then there's Felix.  Mesach Taylor in Mannequin was less of a stereotype.

Now Ron's totally going to write something for Nathan with a TV reference. You jinxed it.

Please let it be Howdy Doody.  Please. Please. Please.

• Love 4

I disagree.  It is one thing when the show has to do emergency recast like Jen Lilly  (sp?) for Maxie Jones, because she was feature several times a week and KS needed to take medical leave, quite another when the show is well aware that the fan favorite actor would not be able to reprise his role for one day to push a plot point in someone else's story. Most on this board know that JL will be featured on True Detectives, so if this actor was all of sudden playing another psychiatrist at the hospital, I think most would be fine with it. The show tried it before when they had Sandra Ferguson take over for Felecia in 2005 because the show was being a dick to Kristen Wagner, and if you don't remember that, then it pretty much answers why it is a bad idea to have stand in actors for longtime characters.

I remember being surprised, once it was clear they weren't actually going to let Kevin/Jon Lindstrom be on-screen and in-story, that they referred to Kevin as being in town at all.  I was waiting for a expositional line from Lucy that he moved back to Seattle.

And yea, this wasn't a surprise.  This scene filmed, what, maybe a month ago?  It was well known by then that he wasn't going to be available.  They should have said Kevin referred Jake(son) to another shrink at the hospital from the jump.  Or, as I suggested, Kevin's dayplayer secretary give Carly that news, if we're just going to hear it from some random actor we don't know.  Or, as jsbt suggested, have Carly talking to Kevin off-screen.

Edited by TeeVee329

Anyway-he said he was ready to quit this last time and TPTB approached him about this SL, and what they pitched him intrigued him enough to stay. But I have a sneaking suspicion that what they pitched him, and what is being played out, are not the same.

I can't imagine TG getting excited over this crap. Then again, ideas, when pitched, often sound so much better than the reality once they are written.

Besides that, everything is just so random. Nothing makes sense. IDK what they originally said to him, but I don't believe for a minute the original idea is what we are seeing now.

YMMV

HIs excitement was expressed for a June 2014 issue of TV Guide after one of his Luke vs Fluke scenes.   When he says,

"Doing Fluke has been a real cleansing after all my years of complaining and wondering what happened to Luke's black hat. To be able to take something this far and this dark has been a real joy after 36 years..."

Geary is saying he didn't consider  Luke's causing his grandson's death while drunk 'black hat' enough and that going "this far and this dark has been a real joy after 36 years" (during which Jake's death apparently didn't quite count  much though it did allow for quite a bit of dark acting). 

I guess he means that this is SO dark and creepy it's fun or joy to do  - and in the interview he does know who Fluke is (whatever it turns out to be).

It's not a joy for some of us to watch and hear though.  I miss the old sense of real adventure with people I could side with (Scorpio, Anna, Sean, Holly, TIffany)  and i find the sadistic quality of Bill/Pat just too much for too long.  The chewing of scenery and the never-ending weird accents and threatening tone is like a parody to me and then we have the  alternating scenes with Anna and Jordan being so incredibly clueless, meeting breathlessly 'in secret' in open hospital spaces or in the park on back to back benches while turning around to talk with each other or 'furtively' on the open dock areas by the water, visible to anyone ambling past a place where questionable freight is often being offloaded.

There are always a few moments to enjoy or I wouldn't be watching, but to have Sonny, Julian, and Franco winding up conspiring in the same spaces, while taking turns with the cell phone, to see Madeline and Ava in the same jail space, and then watching Nina and Heather as roommates in their own confined area is like watching a play written by kids in junior high.  I'd never imagine any other show being quite this ludicrous with the bulk of their lead characters!  And yet, there are things that make me laugh, including these  very scenes, so it ain't all bad.

Edited by pitchy
  • Love 7

I hate Carly's top. And I think she wears some great things, but this wasn't one of them.

Nathan's mutterings in French are just as bad as this point though.

• Love 2

Someone who is NOT Jon Lindstrom is playing Kevin Collins today.

BLASPHEMY!

I have no affection for Lindstrom as I have barely seen him on screen but substitute guy was all kinds of lame --- like Nathan / Sloane lame.  Totally took me out of the scene.

And why didn't Shawn toss the dirt back in?

Or why didn't Jake nudge Helena in?  Just a tap will do ya.

And Dante didn't cue Nathan in?  Not believable.

Maybe the boat will blow and everyone will die and the series is over.  Anything really at this point so no more Fluke.

No one monitors the prison calls like no one watches the prisoners, like there's no surveillance on the dock but there are cameras pointing to the island, like Carly didn't ransack Jake's phone or reach out to Spinelli, etc etc.

No, there's not much joy in Port Charles and hasn't been for long time, definitely since before Ron and Frank came on board. I'd hoped that by now things would have turned around, but .... well, there's a reason why the opening credits are set in the pitch black of night. I actually thought that someday it would be nice to change the opening to a sunrise, just to signal a bit of light seeping into the show... but the dark aggressive General Hospital has turned into the non stop battle to the death parade of seriously mentally ill people.

At least Dante showed some backbone today- that's a start.

• Love 4

And Dante didn't cue Nathan in?  Not believable.

He did, he left him a message yesterday saying for Nathan to get back to the station and that Dante had answers for him and would tell him when they met up. It was right before Luke spotted him and asked him what he was doing in the cemetery.

• Love 1

I've been trying to figure this out and I'm at a loss. I really don't know what it is. Because Patrick has said some cheesy ass stuff in the past, but it just doesn't work with this story. It comes off as really icky and forced.

I do think this is an example of how two people can be extremely good looking and have like, no sexual chemistry. Just comparing them to Brad/Lucas makes me laugh. Those two duos should not be on-screen at the same time.

• Love 1

He did, he left him a message yesterday saying for Nathan to get back to the station and that Dante had answers for him and would tell him when they met up. It was right before Luke spotted him and asked him what he was doing in the cemetery.

My bad.  I must have missed that.  The awful just makes me not pay a lot of attention.

• Love 1

Nathan's mutterings in French are just as bad as this point though.

I mean, it's hot, but you can tell they're just writing it in because that shit turns them on.

I'm starting to think they're going to write Silas and Ava out together on the run. This renewed romance makes no real sense, but there you are. Neither did his urging her to bust out the other day. What?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3