Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'll be honest, when they brought the Russian aspect to the Cassadines I've likened them to the Silver Fangs in Werewolf: The Apocalypse in some ways. They were the leaders of the clans but because of inbreeding to keep the bloodlines pure... there's a lot of crazy in those fangs. But, as I've said before, the Cassadines in general are this strange, bizarre combination of comic supervillains, Gothic/Romantic love stories (Romantic with a capital R -- I'm sure Stefan freaking loved Byron) -- especially since early horror literature were inspired by Romanticism, and full on horror tropes with Elizabeth Bathory and Vlad the Impaler probably held up as family icons.

But, also again, they just don't have the opposite faction to go against the Cassadines. I mean, if you're going to have a baby eater like Helena wandering around brainwashing people willy nilly, you need to have the polar opposite heroic faction as well. Fairy tales weren't just about the witch throwing children into her oven, they were about who defeated them through cunning, wit and, oftentimes, goodness. There is no Steve Rogers to combat against Helena's Red Skull, you know? Luke sure as fuck ain't that guy... hasn't been for a long time. Not even close!

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 9

Weren't they also, at that point, attempting to cast some female Cassadine for Lucky, but she got scrapped along with Valentin? Or was that some bullshit?

Didn't this turn into Ethan and Cassandra the woman in white?

• Love 1

Dante is gonna be Jordan's "handler", oh yeeeah. And Nathan too, but I'm ignoring that.

I'm gonna consider Nathan saying Anna was his girlfriend a shout-out.

I am in agreement with these statements.

I liked this episode. I liked yesterday's episode. I'm getting soft!

I was thinking since Helena didn't want anyone going into the Spencer Family Home's basement that rules out Fluke being Luke with DID, but I guess there could be something down there still that she/Fluke doesn't want seen, so it wasn't really confirmation either way. End this story already, for fuck's sake!

I don't understand why Johnny is so like betrothed to Fluke. It makes less sense than Julian doing his bidding. It really does seem like Johnny has some deeper connection to whoever Fluke is.

• Love 2

Real Luke is still stashed in the basement (well, if Luke isn't having DID or whatever). You'd think the smell of piss and shit would have wafted up to the main floor and Michael would wanna make sure there wasn't a lair of ROUS down there, but I guess not.[/a little too graphic]

Didn't this turn into Ethan and Cassandra the woman in white?

I was thinking that. I think it may have.

• Love 2

Real Luke is still stashed in the basement (well, if Luke isn't having DID or whatever). You'd think the smell of piss and shit would have wafted up to the main floor and Michael would wanna make sure there wasn't a lair of ROUS down there, but I guess not.[/a little too graphic]

No, they keep implying it and it's there! It's gross!

My DVR refused to record today's ep, so I had to watch in online. GH is too much, I guess. Heh.

"I only heard what I saw on the news." I know what Jordan means, but come on, writers.

I really hope nuSloane is better than the joker who's leaving. He's such a douche he might as well have "I'M UP TO NO GOOD" tattooed on his forehead, he's such a douche.

"He's trying to enter the basement!" And the call is coming from inside the house. 

I think I might like Patrick and Sam together. It's so much pretty, and it's nice to see her have some lighthearted moments.

Once again, really didn't need more people added to this convoluted story. Now Rosalie too? It's so ridiculous. But you know what is more ridiculous? That it's starting to look like Sonny is going to be the one to "solve" the whole thing.

• Love 4

IDK, I guess I always just figued Helena was one of those women who takes on her husband's family and identity as if she never had her own. I think her background from a "biological" standpoint is blandly American.

I agree with this, plus after her line to Nik about her relationship with Luke being "much more" than just hate(plus her demeaning way she said THAT HOUSE) plays into my theory that Helena isn't just blandly American but she is indeed a Spencer....Patricia Spencer.

Wow that Johnny just continues to underwhelm. He is like a less hairy version of Morgan who dresses better IMO.

And could they make Lulu seem any more besotted? She has all these suspisions but a few smooth lines from Johnny and his sly manipulation of the truth and she's mad at Dante. ugh!

I love how Ron made the wimmins in the situation(Lulu) look clueless when Luke and Johnny were doublespeaking about Luke giving Johhny a second chance, yes Lulu a second chance to KILL SOMEONE.

Anna and Jordan looked fierce in their scenes. Loved Jordan's shoes.

I still like Michael and Rosalie. I think they are cute together.

Sonny did pretty well today too.

I mean, Helena and Luke have been flirting and all but fucking each other for almost twenty years at least (I'm not counting the Liz Taylor stuff which I have only seen once and I can't recall if Tony and Liz played it as heavy - they probably did). I think Helena may have even gotten him into bed once when he was drugged back in 2001. The sexuality between them was always played as way more than subtext. I seriously, seriously doubt she is Pat Spencer.

• Love 3

We don't need Helena's backstory. We need this stupid Fluke, Robin is in Paris, Jake the Amnesiac, Jordan the drug dealer crap to end. We need AJ Quartermaine alive. We need less kids, more college aged adults. More complex characters, less villains with hearts.

• Love 7

IDK, I guess I always just figued Helena was one of those women who takes on her husband's family and identity as if she never had her own. I think her background from a "biological" standpoint is blandly American.

Kinda sorta like Barbara Bush.

Edited by decogirl
  • Love 1

"I know that you two were Anna Devane's go to guys."
So that's what they're calling it nowadays? And how did Sloane know?  They really should've been more discreet. 

Nathan and Dante did an awesome job of imitating Vinnie Babarino's "Who? ... Where? ... What?" when Sloane asked about Anna's super secret double secret probation operations. Just the right amount deliberate stupid there, guys.

Why doesn't Nikolas just overpower Helena and tie her up?  She looks like a gentle breeze could snap her in two.  Channel your inner Cassadine, Nikolas.  Stefan imprisoned her when you were a young kid.  Pay it forward, Prince Douchebag, and save others around you.*

The rest of the show?  Just a splash of a red phone amongst a sea of gray on FF mode.

*Though, totally cool if Spencer gets caught in the crossfire. Dammit, show, look what you've turned me into?  I wish death upon a child and, even worse, gulp, I'm now forced to root for Spinelli to prevail triumphantly in his endeavor to win back the hand of his fair Maxinista.  Dammit, now I'm even starting to sound like him.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

Oh, Helena is Greek all right. I have it on good authority she sprang fully grown out of the head of Zeus. 

• Love 4

It would be very  nice if Nik is conning Helena  for two reasons. One, it would be unexpected and two, someone that is not part of the doom squad would be using their brain for a change. 

Their plan is not only incoherent, they are not going about it in any clever way. At all. One asshole is squat swinging a bat every time I accidentally hit the pause bottom, and the other is relying on brainwashing and blackmailing a newbie no one but Michael's penis GAF about, to reach their goal of?? 

And with that said, I have officially used up my monthly quota of appearing to give any fucks about that whole waste of time storyline.

you know what is more ridiculous? That it's starting to look like Sonny is going to be the one to "solve" the whole thing.

I don't care who brings this year long crap to a screeching halt. It can be satan for all I care.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 6

It honestly does not matter. Once Fluke is gone they will bring on someone else to be a stalking horse for Helena. There has always been someone else. I feel confident this endless Legion of Villains thing is not ending til the show does. It's turned into a James E. Reilly perpetual evil scheme from DAYS - there is no ending.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Echoing the sentiments that Sonny will be the one to put everything right. Damn.

Also: this thing hasn't been going on for ONE year, it's been going back THREE years if you count Robin's initial kidnapping as the beginning of this. At first I thought it was going to be a fun ride. But then the water poisoning happened and endless months of various LOD villains, Robins return, Crichton Clark, Nina, Jason returns, Victor, and on and on with Fluke sprinkled on top of it. But I've grown weary of this. Whatever "plan" there ever was (this was all for ELQ stock??) can't be worth this much convoluted plotting...  and just in case it comes up, no, Ron, you are not writing the daytime drama equivalent of LOST where the mysteries are more important than actual story.

Very meta today with Jordan, exhausted, asking Anna "how much longer will this go on?"... I feel for you, Jordan, I feel for you. je suis Jordan.

• Love 6

Sonny telling Shawn to "gather the troops, we're going to war". Um, the troops consist of an enforcer who can't hit his target, a bodyguard who keeps getting shot, and a cat who apparently likes tea better than the legal product. Good luck with that.

Johnny looked good, y'all. Finally. Thank you to hair and wardrobe for fixing him. Now he's Hot!Johnny again.

Really liked VA today. The way her voice caught and her being on the brink of tears...good stuff.

I'm gonna consider Nathan saying Anna was his girlfriend a shout-out.

Oh, HELL yes. I'm wondering if while we're getting an upgrade in looks and acting for Sloane, is it possible he could end up being even douchier than OG Sloane? Surely not, right?

Ava's six shows away, sigh.

• Love 5

I am really having a hard time figuring exactly what the LOD really wants. I seems to have something to do with Robin, ELQ and Sonny's gummy bear mob. I can't figure out the connections. Can anyone, Ron?

• Love 4

Kinda sorta like Barbara Bush.

Or Michelle Duggar.

• Love 2

I think that is what Sonny is on his way to being. Five kids is a lot on a Soap. What is the Soap record anyway? I am thinking with adoptions Joe and Ruth Martin on AMC, but I could be wrong

Helena isn't racist; she's snobbish and elitist. Back when Nik was dating Gia and Helena expressed horror, Nik accused her of being racist, and Helena shot down the notion, specifically about her Nubian heritage or something like that. No matter what the color or the nationality, if she was royalty or highborn, Helena would put her at the front of the class.

Love that Rosalie realizes now that Nina was the less crazy lady she's worked for.

I am really having a hard time figuring exactly what the LOD really wants. I seems to have something to do with Robin, ELQ and Sonny's gummy bear mob. I can't figure out the connections. Can anyone, Ron?

Don't forget the PCPD and the Mayor's Office. I still think Judge Cockblocker was still involved. They had the WSB, but Frisco took that over.

At this point, and seeing the two soaps trading off actors, I'm guessing the Ultimate Kingmaker of the LoD is Victor Newman.

• Love 1

I raved about the fast pace of the mayoral election wrapup episode (Tuesday?), and the past two episodes drove it home. If you put the scenes of the subplots together, especially the Sloane scenes, they're just regurgitations over and over. It's intertwining them with other subplots and commercials that give the semblance of plot moving through. It's not FF Territory because you can't stand a character; it's FF because the characters just said that 5 minutes ago.

It gets to a point where you wonder if RC hired Mojo Jojo as a script editor.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 1

I thought that Helena called Rosalie "girl", because Rosalie had just called Helena "woman"--as in calm down woman-- or something similar. I took it as returning her sarcasm.

That was my interpretation as well. Helena is certainly talking down to her to "put her in her place", but it's because of Rosalie's uppity attitude, not her race.

• Love 1

I've been kind of enjoying the lack of Franco/Nina/Ava/Silas and the almost lack of Sonny/Carly/Jason in favor of Anna and other vets.  Fluke sucks but at least Luke is a GH character and it has been nice to see Bobbie and other old characters.  At least they didn't drop the mayoral race - though they could have spread it out better.  

Sloane is another newbie who will soon be another ATWTer but at least it's about the cops and the cops are not being all stupid.  Liked Dante and Nathan being together.  

This last week or so makes me think Franco/Nina/Ava/Silas/Kiki are not even needed.  They could  make a show without them and it would be fine.  

• Love 2

Or Michelle Duggar.

Actually, no.

Well, I can't say definitely no since I don't know either lady on a personal level.

What I"m talking about is, (and I used to see this a lot in the south, less so now) ladies who say "I'm Mrs.James Smith" instead of "I'm Betty" or "I'm Betty Smith".

Not Stepford wife-ish, that's not what I mean. But just so ingrained in your husband's identity that you literally introduce yourself with HIS name.

I mean, yeah when you're married, you ARE supposed to be "one". But also supposed to be "side by side", and I don't see that in those type of relationships.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

I didn't mind the lightning speed mayoral race, liked the change up from the Fluke fiasco. Nice to see Mac and Felicia again. Rarely anything on this show makes sense, I guess they certainly did try with this one.

I liked the break from the mob except for duke who we barely see and sean lol.I've been sick of mob stories for over a decade and they seem worse than ever.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure Dante DID say to Lulu's face he didn't want Lulu to go near Johnny (you can look at whoever you want as long as it's not John Zacchara), so whatever Lulu. 

Yes, he did - when he and Nathan showed up at the end of Maxie's and Lulu's girl talk at the Metro Court - and Lulu most definitely reacted to what he said.  

Hahahaha, "someone!" They were trying so hard to keep Starr on the show with that "I suddenly co-own the Haunted Star! Now I can't leave!" bullshit. So lame. I did like her on the show, though. In, uh, doses. I say 'in doses' a lot and it's still true.

Ugh!  I remember that time all too well - and how ticked off I was that Starr had to prance into the Haunted Star and interrupt Laura and Lulu's long-awaited reunion. 

Very meta today with Jordan, exhausted, asking Anna "how much longer will this go on?"... I feel for you, Jordan, I feel for you. je suis Jordan.

Yes, I am always bemused when the dialogue echoes the sentiments of many of the viewers.  And I'm with you and Jordan on  this one! 

Johnny looked good, y'all.  Finally. Thank you to hair and wardrobe for fixing him. Now he's Hot!Johnny again.

Really liked VA today. The way her voice caught and her being on the brink of tears...good stuff.

YESS!!  Johnny did look look .  Now do you think "hair" could now focus on Dante!  If we aren't going to get delicious scenes of Dante and Anna, please stop teasing us with "bed head."  

And. on a serious note, I liked VA yesterday, too.  It's the little things in acting that mean so much - the nuances and feelings even in just a few lines.  I remember a scenario with another actor when the vocal tone and facial expressions  delivering a single word - "yeah" - changed the mood of the entire scene and created some emotional resonance for me.  My kind of quality acting!

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 5

No, Helena's just telling Nikolas some half-truths.

I dunno . . . To me the way CT played it was like she's actually telling the truth but she wants Nik to think she lying.

I think someone or something is down in that basement, but it ain't the real Luke.

If Cartini were smart, they'd drop a bombshell today to drive viewership up for Mon when a lot of people will be home.

je suis Jordan.

Nous sommes touts Jordan.

Sonny telling Shawn to "gather the troops, we're going to war". Um, the troops consist of an enforcer who can't hit his target, a bodyguard who keeps getting shot, and a cat who apparently likes tea better than the legal product. Good luck with that.

Oh, ye of little faith! These plucky underdogs will save the day.

• Love 6

So the election thingy...

Lucy decides to involve herself in other people's lives to create drama because Lucy can't live without drama swirling constantly.  She happens to bump into a cop who has the last ballot box.  Said cop just hands it over to her without checking her credentials.  Lucy walks out of the courthouse with it and stuffs it in her car trunk.  Later, she drives it home to a lighthouse (I think that's what she said).  She keeps it for 2 months unopened.  

People (cops, election board, other officials, press) know the box is missing.  So, no one retraces the steps?  Who had it last?  Unless the cops lie and say they put it in a room, wouldn't anyone check footage or get a description of the election board woman?  No footage of Lucy carting this heavy box out?

OK.  Getting past that.  Lucy, who is one of the biggest busy bodies who ever bodied, leaves this box unopened for 2 months and then on NYE, can't keep it any longer.  This is a woman without a filter who can't stop her mouth from running and blurting things out randomly.  So on NYE, she tells Duke.  Duke decides to help her and recruits his goons the same night to dispose of it.  Jordan and Shawn either go to the lighthouse or Lucy's trunk to retrieve this box.  They bring it to the dock and together toss it in after Shawn ties a small weight to it.  Then they go back to the party or Jordan's ratty ass motel room.  Is this box too heavy for Shawn or does he want Jordan to be complicit as well?

Separately, Spencer leaves the island and is hanging out on the dock with his driver.  Presumably Spencer was hitting up an all night candy shop somewhere in his little suit.  Spencer sees J&S toss the box in the harbor while Shawn says Sonny is no longer in charge.  Spencer takes that as a slam against his Uncle Sonny and orders his driver in to get the box.  Driver retrieves the box and Spencer is pleased.  Driver inexplicably does not tie the weight around Spencer and toss him in.  And they return with the box to the island where Spencer stores the box in his toy chest.

NYD, the maid finds the ballot box in Spencer's toy chest and shows Nik.  Same day, Agent Sloane tells Nik that there's footage of the box arriving on Spoon Island.  OK, so there's video pointing in that direction but nowhere else on the dock?  No footage of Caesar from before?  Jordan & Shawn?  Alrighty then.  Nik then sees this as a chance to gain some extra influence so he fixes the election.  Sloane agrees to this.  Mayor Lomax agrees to this.  Lomax gets re-elected.  Sloane gets a new job.  Nik gets?  A favor in the future?

Somewhere along the line, someone had to open the box to see who won.  If Lomax had the votes, no need to tamper.  Plus she could always argue about the name on the ballet causing confusion.  Did Nik and Sloane do this?  Did Nik do this on his own?  Who supplied the special tape?  The tape that seals the box so well that no water can penetrate it?  Those tickets sure looked dry when Nik burned them.

Sloane would have already had to be in cahoots with Lomax.  This is a lot to arrange in 1 day.  Or even 2.  Is local PD commissioner a higher post than special Federal agent?  Pension can't be better.  Must be another reason Sloane wants it besides an old vendetta against Anna.  It doesn't seem like this ties into the LOD because Helena seemed unaware (yet very pleased) of Nik's actions.

The police ask a few questions at the manor and decide that Nik must be telling the truth.  The footage shows the box arriving on the island.  Does it not show Spencer next to it?  Who is reviewing this footage?  If Nik was in on the fix, seems like he'd have alerted the police.  How else was the newly fixed box going to get found?

So many questions.   Including, why didn't anyone take Spencer up on his off to cuff him?  At least use that special tape on his mouth.

Best part was Scotty prancing out to meet the press after telling Lomax that he's always camera ready or something like that.

Edited by Lola16
  • Love 4
Oh, ye of little faith! These plucky underdogs will save the day.

Especially with Sonny, the all conquering "hero", leading the charge. And of course they will have to get him released from prison so that he can finally take down notLuke and Helena and the imperial guards, because god forbid the cops or the Feds or any other such law enforcement individuals be allowed to solve this issue all by themselves. What do they know about crime solving anyways?

Then Sonny will have "earned" the right to be free again, plus I'm sure at some point they'll bring up how he saved Alice's life as well just for that added cherry on top.

Then they'll throw a city wide party in Sonny's honour and give out free condoms and BLTs and everyone shall rejoice.

• Love 4

The only answer I have for you, Lola16, is why Jordan was involved in dumping the ballot box. Duke wanted her to prove her loyalty to the Corinthos mob by helping Shawn dump the box.

Yes, that's what Shawn said.  Really though, isn't it more loyalty to Duke?  Dumping the box was a favor from Duke to Lucy.  More personal (Duke) than professional (Corinthos). 

I still find it hard to believe that Lucy didn't look inside the box.  She's never displayed that type of willpower before.

Liz is so freaking annoying. Why is what Sam/Patrick do or dont do any of her business. Liz you don't know Jake. Neither does Patrick after spending one dinner with him. How is he supposed to know if he a bad guy or not. Then she is all in Jake's business wanting to know about his bag.

Lucas on propping Carly duty ZZZZZZ.

• Love 4

Awww, Lucas at the hospital, practicing medicine, FINALLY!  And awww, he hopes Tony would be proud of him!  And awww, it was nice he stuck up for Morgan, although it was a little rich him talking about Morgan laying around doing nothing considering that's what Lucas did most of last year.

Sonny saying Shawn is "smart" was possibly the dumbest thing he's ever said.

Does Liz really not get that she's rubbing salt in Jake(son)'s wound?

• Love 5

How can an intern be allowed to run a clinic?  Makes no sense to me. Michael is not responsible for Morgan hanging out and doing nothing. That is on Morgan. He needs to get off his butt and either go to PCU or get a job.

• Love 6

We don't need Helena's backstory. We need this stupid Fluke, Robin is in Paris, Jake the Amnesiac, Jordan the drug dealer crap to end. We need AJ Quartermaine alive. We need less kids, more college aged adults. More complex characters, less villains with hearts.

what we really , really need are some writers who not only know the history of GH but want to continue with it. we need someone like we have here in the fan fic who knows the history and runs with it. Knows what the actual fans want to write ,and runs with that also. The 12 year old mean girl who fights with all the fans ,Sorry I had a senior moment and forgot the name of the lady who writes the great Fan fic.

looked it up cmahorror .You make me read Fanfic and even enjoy it. thanks.!

Edited by testardo
  • Love 1

I mostly liked today.

This is the best Johnny's looked since BBr's return.

Sam's dress. 

Danny spending quality time with his paternal family.

Sam cooked. From a recipe but it still made me happy. I dislike that particular cliche of women not being able to cook. Anyone who can read and follow directions can create a dish.

Rosalie is useless but she is pretty and her and Michael are a good looking couple.

Lucas working as a doctor. But wasn't keen on the Carly propping.

• Love 5

How can an intern be allowed to run a clinic?  Makes no sense to me. Michael is not responsible for Morgan hanging out and doing nothing. That is on Morgan. He needs to get off his butt and either go to PCU or get a job.

Morgan might be clinically depressed. He sounds like it. Wouldn't you be, with only Kiki around?

Lulu offers Morgan a job next week.

So with that and Lucas, I guess Ron finally got tired of those complaints.

• Love 6