Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

And Carly's completely over-dramatic "You could have frozen to death!" line just adds to the ridiculousness of it all.

Especially when taking into consideration that he had been frozen and dead up until recently, anyway.

• Love 5

And Carly's completely over-dramatic "You could have frozen to death!" line just adds to the ridiculousness of it all.

I completely missed Jakeson wiping off the kiss with his tie. I must go back and watch again just for this. Hee.

Especially when taking into consideration that he had been frozen and dead up until recently, anyway.

BAM!!!  You two just nailed it and have given my best belly laugh of the New Year.  Thanks!

As for frozen, I think he still is.

All I can see is Carly pulling a the Nina move and so she'll start shouting Michael's name over and over and over again as if she will be able to verbally beat him into submission.

"Michael! Michael! Michael! Come back Michael! Michael come back! MICHAEL!!!!!"

Maybe she'll end up suffocating on her own hot air and drop dead. One can only dream...

I share that dream.  Oh, man, after today, I'm ready to go on the road and PREACH that dream!  Snarly just NEVER shut up today, not for a second.  Her delusional take on her history with Jake - actually on all of her history gave me a headache.  The woman is totally bonkers.  And now she's panting after the memory of Jason when - last week, wasn't it? - Sonny Moobs was the love of her life.  Snarls is a complete loon.

I'd love to see her try and do a Stanley Kowalski and fall to her knees outside the brownstone and just keep yelling "MICHAEL"!!!!!  Over and over again until Wiley E. Coyote drops a bank on her head.

The rest of the show made me want to wipe myself down some degreaser.  Ewwwww to most of the bed happening and bed talk - Julian and Olivia excepted.  And this is the first time in forever when Olivia just existing didn't annoy the hell outta me.  But the rest......did we really need to hear Sam tell Patdick she had a sex dream about him?  Does ANYONE want to know that?   

Yeah, real nice way to end the week.  Snarly blabbering and Sam sex dreams.....OkAAAAY, Show!

• Love 7

Doesn't Julian live in Ava's penthouse?  Isn't it located in the Metro Court?  Or is there another building?

Yes, he lives there (sometimes). No, it isn't located in the Metro Court. When Carly walked in and caught Morgan and Ava together after that first night, she banned Ava from living there (that's where she used to live). Ava then bought her penthouse and moved in.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

But the rest......did we really need to hear Sam tell Patdick she had a sex dream about him? Does ANYONE want to know that?

That was so awkward. But it's like, if they're trying to set them up as some hot and sexy couple, why aren't they hot!? Look at their kisses compared to freaking Julian/Olivia. I mean, damn.

Sam saying that sleeping with Patty won't bring Jase back was the weirdest thing of all. I don't even know what that means.

• Love 8

Sam saying that sleeping with Patty won't bring Jase back was the weirdest thing of all. I don't even know what that means.

She said that?  Good Lord.  I was blanking stuff out.  That makes NO sense.  Sleeping with Patty won't bring anything back other than probably a very bad rash.  

Come to think of it, Jason is sort of a really bad rash, but still....

• Love 8

That was so awkward. But it's like, if they're trying to set them up as some hot and sexy couple, why aren't they hot!? Look at their kisses compared to freaking Julian/Olivia. I mean, damn.

Unless she meant that the suckage of it would make the earth's rotation reverse like in Superman, thus causing time to stop and then start again in the opposite direction, yeah, it makes no sense.

So were Julian and Olivia hot? I could maybe get into them, even if its temporary.

• Love 4

I wonder if KeMo made a mistake and was supposed to say "not sleeping with you won't bring Jase back." That makes a bit more sense, but is still dumb.

I personally loved Julian/Olivia. They were hot, cute and funny. If I can't have Julian with Jordan or Anna, Olivia is cool.

• Love 5

So were Julian and Olivia hot? I could maybe get into them, even if its temporary.

I thought they were. And when you compare them to the other three pairings in the quad, I think they definitely came out the winner.

Or, what HeatLifer said.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 3
So Carly is doing what Carly does, talk trash behind someone's back. In one breath, she says she owes Liz a debt she can never repay and THEN says Jake deserves better than Liz.

Typical Carly. Liz is nuts for letting a stranger stay with her, yet she's not good enough for said stranger.

So were Julian and Olivia hot?

I think they could work together, but I don't like the hate sex/grudge fuck thing they had going. The hate-sex aspect was okay, because it kept things between the two of them, but sleeping with someone to get back at someone else is all sorts of gross in my book. And I just can't see Olivia doing that with Julian. (Vice versa, yes, as Julian has always been an asshole.) Kissing him at midnight, yes; sleeping with him to wipe Ned from her mind? No. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I cannot believe that Kirsten Storms had a baby less than a year ago. My stomach wasn't that flat when I was 16. That was the most interesting thing going on for me today in the Naxie scenes.

THIS. I follow her on instagram but I guess HD crystallized things. I kept say, "damn, her baby was born in 2014". She looked fantastic.

Julian and Olivia did have nice chemistry. Yet, why is this show determined not to mine the Jordan/Julian chem?

• Love 2

Julian and Olivia did have nice chemistry. Yet, why is this show determined not to mine the Jordan/Julian chem?

Because Chem test do not matter to Ron. He has a couple planned, often even before the actor is signed nothing diverts him from the course he has written. It is why GH needs a show runner/co-head writer, to force Ron to divert when things do not work.

• Love 6

Because then he couldn't do a juvenile quad with Ned and Alexis?

Is it just me or is it continuously mind-blowing that all the inappropriate sexing, drunken hookups, etc. on this soap opera keep happening with the show's older set?  Meanwhile, the teens and twenty-somethings apparently mate for life.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Really, why isn't Carly struck by lightening bolts every time she harps on someone else's crimes/sins/failings while completely ignoring her own, or when she lies and rewrites history, or hell, when she breaths the same air as people who actually have self-awareness.  Bitch, please.  Sam was not jealous of you, you were and still are jealous of her.

And the sanctification of Jason continues while women inexplicably fight over him.  He needs to re-die.  Like now.

Ric and Liz were cute (and Anna slowly backing away was funny) so I'm sure it won't last. 

Julian and Olivia are are smokin' together.

• Love 12

Because then he couldn't do a juvenile quad with Ned and Alexis?

Is it just me or is it continuously mind-blowing that all the inappropriate sexing, drunken hookups, etc. on this soap opera keep happening with the show's older set?  Meanwhile, the teens and twenty-somethings apparently mate for life.

Its ironic that the vets have the more scandlous lives.Is it because they can get away with it lol.Honestly this is the most boringest set of young 20s/late 20s set I've ever seen on a soap lol.

• Love 5

Kirsten's stomach actually elicited a "Damn, girl!" from me when it appeared.  Neither of the shirtless guys had that kind of six-pack...

And while I'm not necessarily opposed to or for Samtrick, Sam admitting she had a sex dream about Patrick before they actually had/will have sex seemed...strange.  Not good strange.  OTOH, their night being cut short by parenthood was kind of pleasantly workaday and I could appreciate that.

As for Carly being all over Jason's metaphorical jock, combined with her innate Carly-ness: no different than any other day, if a little more sledgehammery than usual.

Typical Carly. Liz is nuts for letting a stranger stay with her, yet she's not good enough for said stranger.

I think they could work together, but I don't like the hate sex/grudge fuck thing they had going. The hate-sex aspect was okay, because it kept things between the two of them, but sleeping with someone to get back at someone else is all sorts of gross in my book. And I just can't see Olivia doing that with Julian. (Vice versa, yes, as Julian has always been an asshole.) Kissing him at midnight, yes; sleeping with him to wipe Ned from her mind? No. 

Hence the booze; the minute that manifested, I knew where they were going (minus the gin rummy swerve).  Even factoring that in, however, I still was so not crazy that Liv was basically Julian's consolation prize.  It's one of the oldest modern soap cliches, and it went with the week's tone of "mismatched couples," but it bugged the way it was done here.  I'm just holding on for, going off the promo, Julian's sexual dyslexia (the greatest soap term ever, courtesy Sami Brady).

Micheal is a freaking Quartermaine. A grieving, angry Quartermaine raised by Sonny and Carly, pissed at them. He should have Serena in town to bang, so he can throw that in many faces. Why isn't he drinking in his mom's face, taunting her and saying things like how he's not an alcoholic but she's a mess? Wtf?!

• Love 3

Micheal is a freaking Quartermaine. A grieving, angry Quartermaine raised by Sonny and Carly, pissed at them. He should have Serena in town to bang, so he can throw that in many faces. 

The last thing I want is for Serena to be with a Spencer. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
What he really needed was a long steam shower, a gargle with Listerine, and possibly a dental cleaning.  Hard to get that much nastiness off with just a tie

Industrial Strength Chlorox might help.

I think Olivia is really beautiful.

That's all I got from yesterday.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 4

Is it just me, or did Carly's and Olivia's dresses look really similar? They were the same color, and both were sparkly. You would think they could have a little more variety, but then this wardrobe isn't exactly known for their stellar work.

• Love 2

Seriously, Olivia looked absolutely stunning for the New Year's bash/hook up with Julian. IMO she actually looked better than Anna or Elizabeth (their dresses really showed how very thin those actresses are) ... and I say this as someone who doesn't even like Olivia. Actually Anna looked better than Liz because her dress was lovely and she didn't quite look scary thin, which I think actress Herbst does. Anna and Olivia had equally fabulous hair, though. Carly, Sam - meh. Dresses, hair, makeup weren't unattractive but their behavior just made them overall blech. 

What else I got out of the NYE "celebration": Carly, Jakeson, Patrick, Julian, Agent Sloan, Duke, Shawn, and Alexis (somewhat) are assholes, and Nathan is delusional/a moron regarding Maxie. And writers/Elizabeth: gratitude that Ric is actually alive is NOT the same as being in love. This Liz-Ric thing, especially in light of their past, is way OTT. *Sigh.*

I think LLC is pretty but there's something about her that seems a bit fake to me. Maybe it's her really round cheekbones, I dunno. Actually I think it might be the way she poses her body . . . something about her posture never seems quite relaxed/natural.

• Love 5

I dunno.  Liz and Ric were in a hotel room what about 6 months ago when PC's finest barged in so doesn't seem odd to me that they are back in bed together, picking up where they left off.

I wonder if KeMo made a mistake and was supposed to say "not sleeping with you won't bring Jase back." That makes a bit more sense, but is still dumb.

Makes a little more sense.  If Sam having sex with Silas didn't bring back Jason, I think Patrick's safe.  Silas looks more like Frankenstein than Patrick.

• Love 2

I loved Julian's bold, cute-obnoxious question to Olivia about the two of them renting a room, and her immediate sarcastic snarking--but the next second, we see them walking into said rented hotel room.

Then playing cards instead of lovemaking!

Anna was seriously off her game once she caught Duke enjoying the evening with another woman. Barging into hotel rooms without backup. Chasing a half-drunk special agent to sob out her special  tale of woe. No wonder Duke was smirking, knowing that Lucy's thong panties were his for the taking.

Maxie and Nathan--embarrassing and overdone. And we know that the inevitable follow-up to endure is the interrogation by Lulu, overcurious friend extraordinaire.

• Love 3

Then who has the Supreme Harem -

Harem Wars: Jason vs Patrick?

The Patrick and Jason sex only works with Steve Burton for reasons. It just does. I just I dunno. I always thought JF Franco crushed on Borg, but Borg wanted Scrubs. Together. Sonny wanted Jason.

• Love 1

This cracked me up. {We have FIOS}.  I checked the coming attractions for GH this coming week and Luke is now referred to as "Fluke".  We are powerful!!!!!

I just checked my cableguide descriptions and it has "Fluke", using the quotation marks, this week.

C'mon you guys, let's make Si[c]ki happen next!

• Love 1

We've been working on Siki for a year. It's an ongoing operation.

We just got Johnny back and a Jason that blinks. I think if we get one more big thing, a character we like shall die by the hand of an unloved character.

Remember SonAvaBitch? AJ died for that. And for CarSon and CancoSore. And for Fatness. (That's another thing though. ) So for Siki to happen, Kiki must cause the death of a character that Sonny will be responsible of the murder. It's the law.

The Ron giveth and the Ron taketh away.

Am so tired of Carly not suffering at the hands of Michael, now that he knows her abject worship of Sonny and support of this man, who was responsible for AJ's death. Surely Karma is overripe for some Carly smackdown?

The icing on this bitter cake is the sucking kiss she was able to give to Jake-son on New Year's (plus being able to enjoy a New Year's party under her own roof after aiding, protecting, and abetting Sonny). Carly's speech about what she learned in 2014 rang very hollow and ironic indeed--how dare she set herself up as wise Queen of her subjects? After proudly celebrating her rotten choices in public, Carly should experience a long, long slide into misery and disappointment during 2015, with many losses. 

• Love 9

We've been working on Siki for a year. It's an ongoing operation.

We just got Johnny back and a Jason that blinks. I think if we get one more big thing, a character we like shall die by the hand of an unloved character.

Remember SonAvaBitch? AJ died for that. And for CarSon and CancoSore. And for Fatness. (That's another thing though. ) So for Siki to happen, Kiki must cause the death of a character that Sonny will be responsible of the murder. It's the law.

The Ron giveth and the Ron taketh away.

Path to Siki:

1.) Sonny is released from prison (NotDead!AJ?)

2.) Sonny and Carly reunite.

3.) Kaka kills Carly (to cover up her affair with Morgan so she can reunite with Michael)

4.) Everyone believes that Franco killed Carly.

5.) Sonny kills Franco.

6.) Sonny discovers that Kaka really killed Carly.

7.) Siki sex on Franco's grave.

• Love 5
Carly should experience a long, long slide into misery and disappointment during 2015, with many losses.

At least she is warming up to a total stranger instead of a known serial killer.

Carly did think that she had the right to barge in Jason penthouse whenever the hell she wanted to and I remember that at least once she  asked Sam to leave.

Forget about the penthouse, she barged in on their honeymoon instead of staying at home protecting her child whose life was just threatened. 

What is this character still doing on the show right now?  I get that Sonny cut a deal so she wouldn't be behind bars but that doesn't mean that she should be toasting Port Charles' premier citizens - to include the police commissioner and the cousin of guy whose murder she was an accessory to.  There already more than enough middle-aged women on the show.  For looks and acting, Maura is such a vast improvement over Carly (understood if you aren't into the 'vamp' thing).  Wasn't Lucky an arsonist (burnt his childhood home)?  Maybe when he returns he can burn down the metrocourt.  How much would it cost to produce smoke?

• Love 1

Am so tired of Carly not suffering at the hands of Michael, now that he knows her abject worship of Sonny and support of this man, who was responsible for AJ's death. Surely Karma is overripe for some Carly smackdown?

Agreed and I'm just puzzled at the lack of Michael. I've instinctively disliked him since his birth, but I can certainly tolerate this current iteration for as long as he exists. Why isn't he getting story about the his own forced evolution or revenging or whatever he may do in the wake of the truths he opened his eyes to? It's like they used Michael as a morality pet to "punish" Sonny and Carly temporarily and then hid him away while we still get the ongoing saga of Sonny and Carly. FFS this might be the only time I'm actually interested in Michael and he's out of sight. Typical.

Edited by loveigniting
  • Love 9

I detest Sabrina but the way he steamrolled her the second Robin resurfaced was classic Patrick Drake. It isn't so much about the damage he does or the people he hurts, he wants what he wants when he wants it.

He's set his sights on Sam now but that doesn't mean he has to act as if Robin is on a Norwegian cruise line. He isn't bothering to build a real relationship with Sam or else why the rush? Why the hurry? Why not just let things happen instead of being so desperate to make sure she still really, truly, totally likes him enough to throw her panties at him pretty much?  

He isn't taking the time to adjust to finding out about who really caused the car accident, he hardly seemed concerned about it but I guess what else could one expect from a guy who referred to his own dead son as "that kid". He was more worried about Sam not liking him anymore and that had nothing to do with Robin or their floundering marriage, that's just Patrick being a the same grade A selfish playboy that he's always been, imho.

The way he's handling the situation with Robin and the way he wants to now "move on" with Sam, just to single out what's happening currently, screams to me that Patrick cares about numero uno first and foremost just as when he first came to town.

Personally I don't need Robin being the "victim" to view Patrick as a slimy scuzzball, he does that all by himself.

What "situation" with Robin?  As far as Patrick is concerned, she left him.  He has no knowledge beyond that (neither does Anna, and she believes the same thing).  The problem isn't really Patrick but the writing.  RC doesn't write ANY of these characters as introspective.  I mean look at Carly.  For a woman who lost her son and the love of her life, she has no problem hooping it up on NYE and kissing Jake.  Logically, she should be home with her daughter and depressed.  Would it be fun to watch?  No, but it would be realistic.  Julian and Olivia suddenly sleeping together?  Yeah, that's believable.  His sister murdered her beloved cousin, and although Julian had no part in that, he IS still Ava's brother.  It's too icky.  Did Monica ever get one single scene with Carly or Sonny to vent her rage and anger at them over the death of her son?  Nope.  Instead, we got countless episodes of Nina and Franco falling for each other.  And where's Michael?  THAT storyline was completely dropped.  He has disowned his family and yet we don't see any follow-up.  My guess is that he will exist as a separate character now from Carly, Morgan, and Sonny rather than actually showing him throwing it in Carly's face every chance he gets.  

I'm not saying your points aren't valid, but I'd more inclined to agree with them and rail against Patrick if RC wasn't doing the same thing to every other character on the show.  He structures stories as plot points, and he wants characters in bed asap.  Taking things slow and building relationships is not an RC strong suit.  Yes, Patrick should have put two and two together that if Victor had gotten his son killed then it's possible that Robin is in danger, but that mean that RC actually cares about writing these characters beyond their next hookup.  Anna isn't making that connection either, and instead RC has her groveling for Agent Sloane and being outmaneuvered by Olbrecht.  Don't even get me started on the asinine antics of Jakeson Doe.  What RC has done to that character is depressing for me (as a Jason Morgan fan).  He is SO boring and he comes across as a loser - no job, no prospects, no personality, and he's pining over Elizabeth?  Ugh.

I may have to take a break from this show, something I haven't done in over 30 years.  RC is turning my favorite soap into something I don't even recognize anymore.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 8

Why isn't he getting story about the his own forced evolution or revenging or whatever he may do in the wake of the truths he opened his eyes to? It's like they used Michael as a morality pet to "punish" Sonny and Carly temporarily and then hid him away while we still get the ongoing saga of Sonny and Carly. FFS this might be the only time I'm actually interested in Michael and he's out of sight. Typical.

It's your final "Typical" that's key here.  It still is truly all about Sonny/Carly/Jason.  It's hard to believe otherwise since Michael has gone bye bye.  See, to show Michael's daily life as a Q would indicate a moving away from the Unholy Trio. I mean, we can't see him even 2 days a week?  To show him would indicate that Carly and Sonny are actually wrong or ruin their redemption or something?  I don't get it. 

I think it would have been awesome, at least, to show a Michael-centered episode as a special Christmas one-off as a day in the life -at the office, dealing with Tracy, running into Carly, just dealing with his life.  I guess that's boring? Although, he was the best part of the show in November.  They're doing the same thing to Michael that they do to Ric, AJ, and Alexis in the past.  If you're not on the side of the angels, I mean Devil Carly and Sonny, you get buried by other characters in dialogue or you disappear. 

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 4
What is this character still doing on the show right now?  I get that Sonny cut a deal so she wouldn't be behind bars but that doesn't mean that she should be toasting Port Charles' premier citizens - to include the police commissioner and the cousin of guy whose murder she was an accessory to.

Instead of there being a big party at her hotel, with all of those people in attendance, we should be hearing her complaining that her hotel business has completely dropped off because nobody wants to patronize her place of business after she helped cover up a murder.  Outside of being deprived of the Moobster's "little Moobster" for the time being, and Michael shutting her out, she's not paying for anything. 

• Love 6

A few things on my rewatch:

Fin was extremely underrated. She gave an incredibly nuanced and understated performance that was just A+. I tend not to give her enough credit, only because I think she's usually always at the top of her game and so kind of ignore praising her. But let me say, she was awesome.

I'm sorry, as much as I try not to like them, I still like (maybe in spite of everyone not liking them) Samtrick. If Sam wasn't so into it, then maybe I wouldn't be, but it's clear she is. Considering they still haven't slept together yet (even though they were going to), I kind of don't think Ron is rushing them into bed since everyone was saying it would happen months and months ago. Obviously, it's coming. But I'm okay with it.

Hey, Carly finally spoke some truth! [paraphrasing]

Jake: I can't accept this, Carly. (in reference to the room key)

Carly: You can and you will. Or I will make your life miserable.

• Love 7

I do.  I can't wait for KMc's intermittent returns, and I don't think it's fair that Patrick get put on the back burner and worked into storylines to accommodate KMc.  I loved Patrick and Robin together, but since KMc does not want to be on the show long-term, I don't think it's fair to blame Patrick because he's not sitting around pining over Robin and wringing his hands.  I'm not looking forward to Robin's return either because it's going to be temporary.  Then Patrick is going to feel guilty, Robin is going to leave again, and then what?  It's horrible writing all the way around.  Robin should have stayed dead unless and until KMc was going to return full-time.  jmo.  No matter how this story gets written, Robin comes off as the victim and Patrick as the bad guy even though Patrick did try to help her and be understanding and Robin was lying throughout most of it.  Yes, she was trying to help Jason, but she never had to go help Jason.  She could have told her parents or Nikolas, and considering we now have pod-Jason on the show, he should have just stayed dead too.  It's bad all the way around, and I don't see it getting any better once she's back for a brief visit and then gone again.  

If the show wanted to end Patrick/Robin for Sam/Patrick, there were better ways to go about it than to have Robin being held prisoner by an evil organization , again. The marriage wasn't that great (I thought she was too quick to forgive after Lisa). RC could have written the beats of the end of the marriage and had Robin move away. KMc gave them plenty of notice about her intent to leave at the end of her contract and requested her character be killed off, which would allowed Patrick to move on and they talked her into not letting that happen, because they know that her character would bring in the ratings. 

My thing with Patrick and Sam is that they missed their moment to have most of the audience to root for them, which was right after the explosion when everyone believed Robin and Jason were dead. Ironically, Sabrina/Patrick would be a better fit now, since Patrick would want to start fresh with someone. I am assuming there  will be a Jason reveal sooner or later. If or when Sam realizes the lengths that Robin went to save Jason, she is going to feel even worse than she did when she found out from Faison that Jason was at Crighton Clark, especially if she has a relationship with Patrick. 

Of course, we are dealing with RC/FV, and they are even worse with emotional resolution than Guza/JFP were. 

• Love 2

I finally finished watching Friday's episode. Gotta love the holidays. Anyway, everybody was hooking up left and right. The one thing that was funny was that when was talking to the shirtless spy guy (can't remeber the actual name) he mentioned that Anna was really mad at her lover/boyfriend and I was totally stumped who they were talking about. I totally (and, I seriously couldn't remember) that they were talking about Duke. Finola Hughes is all sorts of awesome and really should have a major love interest. This 2014 Duke isn't cutting it for me. She needs a Julian, Nathan or even a Ned. Am I in the minority on this?

• Love 4