Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Meh. The Qs slobbering over Michael because he's turned his back on Sonny and Carly isn't any more watchable to me as them slobbering over him when he was still Michael Corinthos. 

Why, exactly, does Lauren continue to defend the SERIAL KILLER? He's tortured practically everyone in her life. She's the worst.

I loved Liesl's eye roll and sigh when Patrick said Sam was there for support. I'm with her on that idiocy.

Zzzzzzz to the Agent Sloan stuff. 

Can someone please throw Spencer off a parapet? UGH.

• Love 3

Spencer and Kiki must repent! REPENT REPENT REPENT REPENT. She continuing to defend a serial killer, and he crying over Uncwell Swonny. They ruined what was otherwise an excellent episode. Maybe, just maybe, better actors could bring some legitimate depth to these characters, but between the writing and acting, both characters are definitely awful awful awful; definitely awful. Definitely.

I was literally beaming during All My Quartermaines.

Dr. O is so much interesting when she's engaged in evil schemes as opposed to mooning over Franco and making jokes with Jake. Today was the Dr. O that I and many others loved.

Sonny is also interesting for the first time in over a decade. Finally, something new is being done with the character and I actually enjoy watching his scenes again. A Sonny that loses everything and has to live and work at Kelly's on probation might actually be interesting. And Mo seems riveted too.

Tomorrow looks excellent.

• Love 6

Spencer and Kiki must repent! REPENT REPENT REPENT REPENT.

The people in my office must think I'm nuts because I read this (and imagined Michelle Stafford's bug-eyed delivery) and literally laughed out loud!

Considering the PC housing shortage, when Michael moves into the Q manse, who is going to get Michael's old apartment?

I assume the Public Health Department will be burning it down.  You know, Carson cooties.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Sonny could skin himself alive at this point and I still wouldn't feel a tear's worth of pity for him.

Duke is totally dead to me for not rolling over on Sonny.

House full of Quartermaines AND a lingering shot on a 'General Hospital' sign? Somebody is trolling these boards. Every poster on these boards have better plotlines for this show, it's about time they started listening to us.

Yeah, I know, I probably jinxed it but for now, I'm loving more parts of this show than usual. For now.

• Love 7

The people in my office must think I'm nuts because I read this (and imagined Michelle Stafford's bug-eyed delivery) and literally laughed out loud!

Heh, the two of them are driving me to Nina-esque madness. Thankfully I don't have lamps around when I watch.

I take my lunch at 3 and watch in my office and my co-workers know that if they hear any strange noises coming from office between 3 and 4, that something is going down on GH.

Luckily, I've never said "die Kiki/Spencer die" out loud.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Sonny has played the martyr before. He still has way too many defenders in town for me to get excited about any of this.

Diane was already trying to persuade him that it was in Michael's best interests for Sonny to defend himself against a crime he actually committed that affected Michael in a horrible permanent way because at some vague point in the future Michael might might have second thoughts about the career criminal adoptive father that stole him going to jail for something he actually did. Holy crap, the enabler express has already started. 

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 6

Wasn't Diane super pissed at Sony like six seconds ago for getting Max shot?  I didn't really buy her riding to the rescue here.  I hope she made him back a truck full of  cash and designer fashions to her door.

• Love 2

Diane was already trying to persuade him that it was in Michael's best interests for Sonny to defend himself against a crime he actually committed that affected Michael in a horrible permanent way because at some vague point in the future Michael might might have seconds thoughts about the career criminal adoptive father that stole him going to jail for something he actually did. Holy crap, the enabler express has already started. 

Of course. I predicted awhile back that when the reveal finally happened we'd be treated to endless scene of everyone in PC going to Michael to plead Sonny's case. He's a "good Father" he loves you, just forgive him already oh yeah and Carly, too.  The vomiting will help me keep weight off but for now, I'm liking MikeQ.

• Love 6

Diane was already trying to persuade him that it was in Michael's best interests for Sonny to defend himself against a crime he actually committed that affected Michael in a horrible permanent way because at some vague point in the future Michael might might have seconds thoughts about the career criminal adoptive father that stole him going to jail for something he actually did. Holy crap, the enabler express has already started.

I haven't watched yet but the difference between this and when AJ thought he killed Connie.  Michael had to get Liz involved to talk AJ out of pleading guilty.  Now Diane has to plead with Sonny on behalf of Michael because Michael could give a shit.

And even if Michael does change his mind - he can still visit him in prison.  Prison isn't a crypt.

• Love 3

I was really disappointed in Diane today until I realized that she does not know Sonny is responsible for Heather escaping from Ferncliff.  I have met many attorneys and litigators tend to be the worst competitors.  Even a simple game of Scrabble turns into a blood sport. They love the win.  Diane does not want to get Sonny off as much as she wants the WIN against Scott.

• Love 1

Hey now, she remembers his daughter.

I know I am repeating myself but without the threat of romance handing over them, I am enjoying SamTrick as is.

But don't you think romance/sex is where it will eventually end up? Like, right before the Jason reveal? It's so Ron to do it that way.

• Love 3

I remain steadfast in my solo liking of Spencer!  Although I really do not like him giving two shits about Sonny.  I was glad when Nik was all "eh, it's where he belongs."  And I laughed at Nik's poor parenting when he didn't pick up on Spencer's very obvious lying.  Those two are a mess.

Martyr Sonny is my least favorite Sonny, which is saying a lot.  I hope he gets no quarter from Michael because of the tape.  And I was thrilled to see Michael go straight to Anna with it, rather than fretting over it until someone stole it.  But now I'm worried that this Sloane fool's quest to take down Anna is somehow going to interfere with this and I don't think I can take it.  

• Love 1

But don't you think romance/sex is where it will eventually end up? Like, right before the Jason reveal? It's so Ron to do it that way.

Well, I won't put it past RC but it makes no sense that he's pulled back on that aspect when he should be amping it up. If  the attraction wasn't played up, I'd suspect it is still in the cards. Now it feels like it was played to get it out of the way. 

They are two unattached adults, they'll be expected to sleep together, they acknowledged the attraction and moved on. It is normal actually.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS

Something I'm confused about: is there a valid story reason as to why Duke wouldn't roll over on Sonny?

Simple answer, nope.

Ron pulled something out of his ass. Sonny hasn't done anything for Duke but AJ did. Also, Sonny hasn't actively done anything to take Julian down which was whole purpose of working for Sonny.

I swear Shawn's scenes today with Sonny in the holding cell was complete trolling. Shawn isn't competent or good as a mob enforcer and you couldn't pay me to believe he has connections/sources.

• Love 1

I like to think it's because she turned him down for a date. (hashtag: everybody wants Anna)

There is literally no doubt in my mind that this is why Sloane is after Anna. 

I don't understand what we are supposed to think of Kiki. Like she is just beyond awful at this point. The fact that she is still defending Franco is just amazing. Michael showing her absolutely no regard is so beautiful. I will say though that I thought KA was much better today than she normally is. Which isn't saying much, but still!

I expected more from the Quatermaine scenes, but they were still good.

Oh Diane. Sigh. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Because Duke is very thug. That thug code dictates that snitches get stitches. For more information see Tupac, NWA, or Easy E.

CRYING, I say, I am CRYING at my desk! That was the best GH-related statement in ages!!!

• Love 1

The relationships on this show are so disjointed that, until I read comments above, it didn't even occur to me that Sam should have any reaction to the Sonny/ Carly/ AJ/ Michael storyline.  That's a shame.  Sam should have a major reaction to this, because of her history with Sonny and because of her hatred of Carly and because of her relationship with Michael and how much he meant to Jason.  

It is extremely bizarre that Sam and Michael have not shaed a single scene in months, if not years, considering how close they once were, and she would definitely reach out to him if she found out Sonny and Carly were in jail and that Sonny killed AJ.

Any time a scene ends on Britt these days, I have taken to crying out a description of her vague, underwhelming, often inappropriate-to-the-scene expression of the moment. 

I don't mind Britt.  It's Dr. Olbrecht who drives me insane.  How is that character in charge of anything.  I can buy Michael being CEO of his family's company before I can accept Dr. O being the Chief of Staff at GH over Monica Quartermaine and then lecturing everyone else on THEIR poor behavior.  Keep Britt and get rid of Dr. Olbrecht.  Pleaes.

Liz and Fakeson? Blech. Also, snore. She had more sparkle and life with SK's AJ than she has with anyone since her original run with JJ's Lucky.

Fakeson?  LOL!!!  I love it.  Can I steal it?

Michael Without Pity just keeps getting better. I also have no problem with Michael throwing shade at Tracy, Ned, Lord Larry or anyone else who talked/talks shit about him now and AJ when he was still alive, especially where Kannie's murder was concerned. Best of all was hearing Michael say the words that I've waited over 20 years to hear: "My name is Michael Quartermaine." Edward, Lila, Alan and AJ must be smiling in Heaven right now, especially AJ.

I loved all the Michael and the Q scenes, especially Michael and Monica together after hearing the recording.  I also loved Michael completely outing Lord Ashton's bogus reasons for being at the Q mansion.  Michael is so jaded right now that he sees everyone through a suspicious lens now.  It's a good thing too since Tracy would have sold away the company by now.

Of course the real Tracy could. But we haven't been dealing with that Tracy for about a year now. I love Jane Elliot and I don't think Chad can even approach her level as an actor. But if Tracy says something nasty to him, I don't blame Michael for reaming her out. 

I have never seen an incredible performance by Jane Elliott.  I'm not saying Chad is so superior, but I've never seen JE's "level as an actor" on GH.  I do love her banter with Monica and Ned, but fine acting?  Not really.

I agree that nasty = "real Tracy" and the one way she'll be out of character is if she lets/seems to be intimidated by Michael. But she also hated AJ and never cut him a break, so I don't think Michael is a hypocrite exactly, if he keeps it to that topic.

Tracy isn't intimidated by Michael nor he her.  They both basically have their positions - Tracy is anti-AJ, which means she's anti-Michael.  She also feels her sons should be the head of the family, even though Ned has no desire.  So for that reason alone, she'll butt heads with Michael, but I don't see Michael ever "owning" Tracey.  It's more that they will bicker and banter just like the rest of the Qs.  No one has to "win" these arguments.  It's more about just being in the game.

The reason I can't get into Michael getting into Tracy's face is that Michael and Ned colluded behind Tracy's back to steal ELQ. Sure they said they were doing it for the good of the company, but the fact was-they still backstabbed her.

That doesn't make sense to me.  How can they backstab her if they were saving the company that SHE loves?  When Tracy finds out how stupid she has been, she will be thanking Ned and Michael for their actions in saving her beloved father's company.  They only went behind her back because she was being led around by the nose by Fluke.  If they hadn't intervened, ELQ would be owned, lock, stock, and barrel by Fluke.  I see nothing negative about Ned and Michael's actions.

• Love 3

I thought today was pretty boring.

If GH wants to downsize the cast some more and save money, then put Shawn, Jordan, and TJ on recurring. I hate to say that because they are the only black characters on the show (oh, and Felix and Epiphany, whoops!), but they are BORING. At least all three together are. Jordan is fine with other people, but Shawn brings her down. Put her in a triangle with Julexis. She, unlike Alexis, actually has heat and spark with Julian. The fan wars alone would drum up some good passion and interest in this show, and maybe we could have some actual romance. And RC loves triangles, so it's right up his alley.

I don't mind TJ on his own or in scenes with Molly and her family. He's a good kid and a good boyfriend, and literally the only teen in his age group (college-aged teenager). I'll say it again; if they want to salvage Kiki, make her go back to college and she and TJ can be the college scene along with some day players.

Shawn just sucks.

I liked the Monica, Michael, and Tracy scenes.

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 4

Because Duke is very thug. That thug code dictates that snitches get stitches. For more information see Tupac, NWA, or Easy E.

Oh -- memories of the early 90s. Rollin' down the street in my 6-4...

Now I feel old again...

I enjoyed the scenes with the Qs. I didn't expect them to show us hearing Monica listening to the recording -- I am glad they did but I was caught off-guard a bit.

Shawn isn't competent or good as a mob enforcer and you couldn't pay me to believe he has connections/sources.

Sonny's rivals probably all talk to Shawn to feed him misinformation since Shawn is an incompetent enforcer. It's like a sport.

• Love 2

I'm no Kiki fan but I'm so confused at her always taking up for Franco it makes no sense they was father/daughter for a whole minute lol.

But the actors played father and daughter on another show (and this one, but we aren't supposed to remember that)!  Ron thinks that that good will/affection from the audience should somehow carry over to these two ridiculous characters, whether or not it makes sense.

Edited by magnolia11
  • Love 2

Isn't Sonny a peach for giving Michael what rightfully belonged to him?   Isn't he awesome?

I also loved Sean saying "he kept his word" to Michael.  Well let's give him a freaking cookie.

I loved Leslie Charleson's delivery of "he can move" regarding Ashton.  

• Love 5

I hope Jakeson has a brain malfunction and sets Liz's house on fire. Even better if she's inside.

Amen. What the fuck is wrong with PC that all these mobsters and bullets flying and none have killed Princess SandyVagina or rendered her smug ass speechless? Yes I realize Liz has been shot but it didn't take. And I don't give a damn about Jizz.

They need to give the kid playing Spencer fewer lines. I spent most of my time trying to figure out what he saysand end up missing the start of what's happening.

But he's so cute and clever calling Cameron a townie and acting like everyone is beneath him even with his annoying speech impediment!

I hate to be blunt but he's a bad actor and obnoxious character. I dont give a damn what he thinks, says, does its dreck. I really wish he'd go away.

• Love 3

The reason I can't get into Michael getting into Tracy's face is that Michael and Ned colluded behind Tracy's back to steal ELQ. Sure they said they were doing it for the good of the company, but the fact was-they still backstabbed her.

So Tracy in Q fashion backstabs back, and she's doing something horrible by "betraying" Michael, but Michael wasn't doing something horrible by "betraying" her?

No. Just no. And Tracy of old would have been allowed to point this out, again in true Q fashion. They are both backstabbers. And if the show were written by someone who understood the Qs, the ELQ fight could be delicious, nasty fun.

Instead, we're left with Saint Michael being in the right, even though let's all be real: he's totally not qualified to run the company. And I call crap on the comments now that Tracy almost ran the company into the ground. Especially when dialogue before the Fluke mess started, specifically noted that the company was thriving under her.

Whatever.

And I'm going to bite my tongue and not even comment on Tracy's stupid decisions about ELQ.

I don't even care that she wanted to get Luke back-or that she cares more about Luke than the company. It's about time she didn't let the company be #1 as far as I'm concerned. It's the sloppy, OOC way the whole thing has been written that makes me see red.

Real Tracy would eat Michael for breakfast and come back for seconds-but most importantly, it would be entertaining. Writing that is slanted to make someone so incompetent look in the right when he's totally inept is ridiculous.

Yes, Yes, YES!

I don't know if I want to frame this post or marry it or shoot it in the head, or kidnap its' baby and run for the Canadian hills.

I hardly have a thing to add to this post of beauty, you've covered every single base.

Tracy is being painted as the bad guy because, le gasp, she won't roll over for the puppy prince (Thanks Lord Ashton for such a perfect nickname) that is Michael who apparently can't talk now without throwing around insults or personal jabs because I guess he can renounce Sonny as his father but he certainly still doesn't mind talking and acting just like him.

I had to chuckle at him suddenly being such an expert on "bad dads" giving Ned advice as if his eyes have been opened to all of the "traitors and backstabbers" in their midst.

Nearly every single one of his lines were so laughably bad and ridiculous I actually did laugh, I couldn't believe the others had to act if they were taking him seriously. Whenever they finally decide to cut this kid down to size, and boy they had better, I will rejoice that day.

Michael is supposed to be the all conquering hero suddenly because he grew half a brain and realized his parents' are users? Give me a break.

Please, he himself is a user when he wants to be, which is actually fairly often but he learned from the best after all. And he is most certainly a backstabber, I'm fairly sure Morgan has a couple of knife wounds which could attest to it.

He wants to take Tracy to task over her "taste in men" when he was screwing Kiki but two or so days ago? The pathetic moocher he claimed to have "fallen in love with", not even caring she was with his brother when he first met her and decided she was "the one"?

The lying liar who lies who played him for a completely blind, dense, and overly trusting fool which he was only so happy to play the part perfectly. Funny, isn't that what everyone is basically calling Tracy now about believing in and still loving notLuke...?

With his mother being Carly, his new ex being Kiki, and his former ex being a stripper flattened under a crane where the hell does his skinny little punk ass get off? And Tracy just stood there and took it...I mean by god it was all too ridiculous for words.

And it is all to put Michael in some sort of grand light of golden boy self righteousness, they can GTFO with that and how.

When has Michael put forth any honest efforts to help Tracy?

Guess I fell asleep and missed it. I remember Michael unprofessionally making out with his girlfriend(two if we count the hooker and Kiki) at ELQ(IDC if others have done it, it's Michael we're talking about now). I remember Michael sassing and acting like a brat when Tracy repremanded him.

But honest efforts to help her?

BWAH

No.

Preach it.

I dare not say a word more, heh, you nailed it.

Meh. The Qs slobbering over Michael because he's turned his back on Sonny and Carly isn't any more watchable to me as them slobbering over him when he was still Michael Corinthos.

And it's only just beginning...I knew last week was the shittly written calm before the storm. Goddammit this is going to be hell.

I know there were other scenes on today but they were either so plot heavy I was nearly knocked unconscious from the anvils or they were just flat out terrible and boring.

Another day in blessed Port Charles, another wine bottle calling my name.

• Love 5
I dunno why they dragged out the "TJ learns the SHOCKING truth about his father" story out another day because, dude, do I not care about that at all.

Unless his dad is Justus who is still alive and kicking, the real Justus that is, that is the only reason I could ever get that would make me care about this mess. That or Grandpappy Taggert finally comes by for a visit and does away with Shawn for good. Anyone doing away with Shawn for good gets a gold star from me.

Did I see Michael pouncing on Morgan in the previews? So now he's going full thug and putting his hands on people? Oh I just can't wait to see how that plays out... [sarcasm to infinity and beyond].

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

What the fuck is wrong with PC that all these mobsters and bullets flying and none have killed Princess SandyVagina or rendered her smug ass speechless? Yes I realize Liz has been shot but it didn't take. And I don't give a damn about Jizz.

I'm writing down "Princess Sandy Vagina" for future use.

• Love 4

Well, I won't put it past RC but it makes no sense that he's pulled back on that aspect when he should be amping it up. If the attraction wasn't played up, I'd suspect it is still in the cards. Now it feels like it was played to get it out of the way.

I don't know if I agree that they've pulled back on it. Yes, they're not officially a couple or even friends with benefits, but they're still touchy feely and flirting non-stop. Compare their friendship to others on the show...you won't see Liz standing side by side with Patrick, holding his hand, in a private work meeting, for example. I just think it's obvious that Sam/Patrick aren't being written in scenes together to showcase a platonic relationship.

I'd literally bet money that they will have a sex montage a second before the scene Jason remembers.

• Love 5

Did I see Michael pouncing on Morgan in the previews? So now he's going full thug and putting his hands on people? Oh I just can't wait to see how that plays out... [sarcasm to infinity and beyond].

Eh, I'm gonna wait to see the context.  I could see Morgan mouthing off and deserving a shove.

And also in the...previews...is Bobbie fucking for real, slapping Scotty?  I was really expecting to come out of this whole mess on Bobbie's side with Scotty, but I am soooooooooo not.

• Love 2
I'd literally bet money that they will have a sex montage a second before the scene Jason remembers.

Oh Ron will take it all the way: somehow Patrick and Sam will end up "making it hard" in front of a glass bay window on a rug in front of a fireplace as Jake/Jakson/Jason comes upon the house/cabin/structure, somehow knowing to go there to look for Sam, to tell her he's returned but then he peers inside and sees them, just as he did that night when Sam and Ric played naked twister, which will then send a distraught and confused Jake/Jakson/Jason running back to Liz for "comfort".

Eh, I'm gonna wait to see the context.  I could see Morgan mouthing off and deserving a shove.

Morgan is turning away from Michael in the clip, I am going to guess that Michael assumes Morgan is the one who helped Ava escape, and Michael comes up behind him and grabs him and puts him up against the wall or door in Ava's empty exam room.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Oh Ron will take it all the way: somehow Patrick and Sam will end up "making it hard" in front of a glass bay window on a rug in front of a fireplace as Jake/Jakson/Jason comes upon the house/cabin/structure, somehow knowing to go there to look for Sam, to tell her he's returned but then he peers inside and sees them, just as he did that night when Sam and Ric played naked twister, which will then send a distraught and confused Jake/Jakson/Jason running back to Liz for "comfort".

I say this with great respect: SHUT UP! Don't give those trolling these boards ideas! Saw it in 2006, have the T-shirt, and have no desire to even read about some lameass redux. UGH!!!

• Love 5
I say this with great respect: SHUT UP! Saw it in 2006, have the T-shirt, and have no desire to even read about some lameass redux. UGH!!!

If I have to suffer these thoughts then others will suffer right along with me! [/pulls a Franco] I've been BETRAYED!.

• Love 1

If Jiz have sex again I hope they're at least smart enough to use non ELQ condoms. Definitely don't want to see another Jake walking around.

• Love 2
It doesn't have the same panache without the breaking of glassware.

How about the lone tear of PAIN sliding down my cheek? Trust me...it's there...

If Jiz have sex again I hope they're at least smart enough to use non ELQ condoms. Definitely don't want to see another Jake walking around.

Then they'll name him "Jason Jake" after Jason and Jake, who is in fact the same person, so then they can say he was named after his dead big brother and now not so dead dad.

It'll be moving, people will cry, someone might get pushed off a parapet. Fun times, fun times.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1