Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Martyr Sonny was out in full force today. Ugh. 

Shut up, Bobbie. Carly was stupid enough to cover up Sonny killing AJ. Now she has to deal with the consequences. Bobbie hasn't even given a thought to how Michael's doing. Does she remember she has a grandson? It doesn't seem so.

Seriously Kiki? NOW you have to tell Michael that you knew?? I needed more Michael to eviscerate her some more.

Loved Lauren barging into the brownstone and completely misreading the room. Michael really needs to tell people to stop trying to protect him.

I didn't think, and this is only my opinion, that Sonny was crying for the damage he did to Michael, but rather that he got caught.

That's Sonny. Never at fault, always the victim, only concerned with how things affect him.

Olivia and Lulu's handwringing over Dante arresting Sonny was too much.

I kind of loved Heather today. 

I can't believe Dante answered the phone at the end. I mean, I can, but it was SO STUPID.

• Love 9

So guys, a) thanks for all the "Yelling at Sonny" moments. You are truly my heroes and b) can someone give me the rundown of some gems that Michael said to Kiki and Morgan about AJ? And alas,c) Who is Rosalie? And do we like her?

Edited by slayer2

I can't believe Dante answered the phone at the end. I mean, I can, but it was SO STUPID.

"Hello, Lulu? Does this phone call mean you hit your contract minimum? Yes? Okay, cool, bye!"

So guys, a) thanks for all the "Yelling at Sonny" moments. You are truly my heroes and b) can someone give me the rundown of some gems that Michael said to Kiki and Morgan about AJ? And alas,c) Who is Rosalie? And do we like her?

Unfortunately nothing good or that stood out to part a). He was just like "you guys suck and I have no brother" and left. Rosalie is a woman that's been hanging round Michael and Morgan. She was into Morgan at first, but this woman Nina paid her to seduce Michael because she (Nina) hates Kiki. She got to know him and she kinda likes Michael now. As for "do we like" like most things here depends on who you ask. I like her okay. She's not a great actress but I'm cool with Michael having a one night stand with her.

Rosalie was Nina's nurse/partner in crime.  She found out where Ava was being hidden and in a big secret reveal, which we never got to hear, Nina's mommy blackmailed her into telling where Ava was.  Rosalie has her moments.   I tend to like her more than not.

I think Sonny was crying because he had to listen to Michael call AJ his father.  When he told Carly that AJ was his only parent that got her back up. She said sort of bitchy "you don't mean that."  It must be driving both insane that Michael doesn't view AJ as the devil.

I know I'm over simplifying but both had to point out to Michael that THEY raised him and that THEY are his parents.

• Love 1

If the baby is Sonny's and he and Ava are in jail, I am afraid that Lante would be stuck with the girlchild and hopefully, this would cure Lulu's baby rabies.

O.M.G., Lillybee. I hope to high heaven you haven't called it, but I can sure see it. (shudder)

Maybe Nina can sell the baby to gypsies or something, so we never see it again. It'll have a better life.

• Love 2

"Hello, Lulu? Does this phone call mean you hit your contract minimum? Yes? Okay, cool, bye!"

Unfortunately nothing good or that stood out to part a). He was just like "you guys suck and I have no brother" and left. Rosalie is a woman that's been hanging round Michael and Morgan. She was into Morgan at first, but this woman Nina paid her to seduce Michael because she (Nina) hates Kiki. She got to know him and she kinda likes Michael now. As for "do we like" like most things here depends on who you ask. I like her okay. She's not a great actress but I'm cool with Michael having a one night stand with her.

Especially if and or when Kiki walks in on them mid act.

I really like Rosalie and I hope Michael revenge fucks her all over town. I can definitely see her mixing it up with the Q's. She can be like a modern Lois, her brassy attitude pissing Tracy off.

Sonny doing the perp walk and then having his mug shot taken made me smile.

Almost as good was Dante's exacerbation when he realized Sonny had ordered a hit on Franco and then broke Heather out of whatever institution she was in this time.

Poor poor Jordan . . .

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Almost as good was Dante's exacerbation when he realized Sonny had ordered a hit on Franco and then broke Heather out of whatever institution she was in this time.

I like how when Sonny said, "son, I appreciate you doing this", Dante didn't even nod or anything, just stared at him and left when he realized Sonny didn't actually have anything to say except call him "son" (which was soo Sonny's shorthand way of saying "sure Michael hates me but I'm still YOUR dad! You guys don't have extra bio fathers laying around, just a reminder la la.")

Sonny doing the perp walk and then having his mug shot taken made me smile.

Was it just me or did Sonny's hair have extra polish in his hair today?

• Love 3

I think Sonny was crying because he had to listen to Michael call AJ his father.  When he told Carly that AJ was his only parent that got her back up. She said sort of bitchy "you don't mean that."  It must be driving both insane that Michael doesn't view AJ as the devil.

I know I'm over simplifying but both had to point out to Michael that THEY raised him and that THEY are his parents.

And exactly why did they raise him? when AJ took Mykill the red headed monster ,It was all for nothing.. AJ has paid for being Michaels father over and over. Now he isn't the devil, he's dead. This show makes no sense. Edited by testardo
  • Love 1

Sonny said, "son, I appreciate you doing this",

Sonny laying claim.  Its like when AJ came back and all you heard regarding Michael from Sonny was "my son!"  Like a toddler with a toy.

• Love 5

I thought when Carly was citing the litany of atrocities committed by Franco against her, her family and others, that Jordan should have said:  And you married him knowing all of this?

Something is wrong with the show when I am actually siding with Franco, as in, relishing him having Sean, Carly and Heather in captivity.  Not Jordan, cause I like her.

• Love 13
I thought when Carly was citing the litany of atrocities committed by Franco against her, her family and others, that Jordan should have said:  And you married him knowing all of this?

Anyone in there could have said that! Hell, the entire town could have asked, not that it would have made a difference.

Did anyone else, when Sonny turned to Scotty during his Mobster Glam Shoot, want Scotty to flash a pic of Karen the second time?

The smile thing was hilarious. Kin Shriner was awesome. And omg. Shut up Bobbie. This is fucking murder, you dumb ass. Go eat a fucking dick. Seriously. She sounded like dumb 12 year old pouting. Maxie was more mature than her.

Roger Howarth was actually great today as petulant artist with RM as overbearing mom. I really loved it in a macabre way.

• Love 4

I didn't watch today's episode (I still can't bring myself to tune in regularly), but I did enjoy yesterday's fallout very much.  But all of this would have been so much better had they not actually killed off AJ.  Why, oh why, didn't RC just have AJ be in a "permanent" coma at a clinic somewhere getting longterm care??

That way he wouldn't be a dead Quartermaine, he'd still be in a bad way so the fallout with Sonny could still matter, their "precious Sonny" wouldn't be an acutal murderer of AJ (though close), and someday the character could come back whether it be a recast or a miracle occured and SK returned.  No matter what, the character should never have died.  To bring AJ back from the dead only to kill him off a year later has to be the stupidest idea ever.  Clearly it was RC's way to stick it to Sean Kanan, which just makes me even angrier.

Still hoping AJ somehow returns someday and is a total badass for all the hell he was put through.  I hope Michael embraces his inner-Q and becomes part of that family again, never to return to the jerks who raised him and messed him up ten-fold.  Maybe someday AJ and Michael will reunite and run the town together (wishful thinking)...

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 4

Poor, poor Jordan. Can you imagine being stuck in a room with those fools?

Jordan has had the most awesome, "What have I done to deserve this?" look/posture in these scenes and it is just perfection. Poor Jordan, indeed.

Lucas looked pretty hot today.

Amen!

I really like Rosalie and I hope Michael revenge fucks her all over town. I can definitely see her mixing it up with the Q's. She can be like a modern Lois, her brassy attitude pissing Tracy off.

I am SO into this. 

Lulu's sweater was so distracting today. And ER seemed so bored. I mean, hey, I get it, but still.

• Love 3

No doubt we all have our bias, but this is all I see when I read your take on the storyline.

At least you admit it LOL!

What's there to admit? I happen to not like a fictitious character on a soap opera, it's an opinion.

I don't like this storyline and I never will, I don't like Michael and I doubt I ever will. They both go hand in hand so I can't really discuss one without often referencing the other, and since both are sucking up so much air time on the soap right now I can't really avoid them at the moment. Which does little to ease my general annoyance.

Although after today the less I speak abut Michael the better for my blood pressure, there's only so many expletives in the world after all. I am really not sure if it's the way Chad plays him or the way he's written, though it very well could be both, but I am just not impressed, every day it just gets worse and worse.

Between Chad's unfortunate facial expressions and Kristen's failed attempts to produce tears and Bryan doing whatever the hell he tries to do...it was terrible, just terrible.

Ryan is trying, bless his little heart.

Why couldn't the Nina have hulksmashed a lamp over Rosalie's head? Good god she is so pointless and without purpose.

So not only did they have Dante arrest Sonny but he also got to interrogate him, what professional police work...although Dom actually got me with some of his facial expressions during the Sonny rundown of all the current crimes he's either committed or is in the process of committing. He actually does a fairly decent "WTELF" face at times.

Lucas was looking too damn good to have to waste his time dealing with Franco. This shit is really cutting into the Brad and Lucas sexy times.

For me it mostly rang a bit hollow. I vastly preferred his confrontation with Carly, that was spot on. I also agreed with his assessment that CarSon spent his entire childhood poisoning him against AJ. However.  I know it is a soap and maybe in the heat of the moment, Michael would disown like that Sonny, but Sonny for better or worse, did raise him. He might have thought of Michael as much of a possession as Anthony thought of Johnny, but he did at least show love and was very good at making it seem he put his children first. I am glad Michael gave AJ a chance and became good friends, but considering the limited time they had together, that is all it really amounted to (thanks to CarSon)

I couldn't agree with you more, especially about how hollow it all felt to me.

Once again Ron just goes right over the edge to me, he shows no restraint, he can't just write people having real human feelings. No there's just a raging Michael going around ranting about his "real" father he was just starting to get to know and disowning everyone in sight. To me it was too predictable and uninspired. It's already feelings old and stale and it's just beginning.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2
Lulu's sweater was so distracting today. And ER seemed so bored. I mean, hey, I get it, but still.

There was some serious bad acting going in with her and LC in those scenes.  Wow.  

Also, KA is getting on my nerves.  Since this whole reveal happened her idea of portraying the drama is just whining.  Its so annoying.

• Love 3

I didn't watch today's episode (I still can't bring myself to tune in regularly), but I did enjoy yesterday's fallout very much.  But all of this would have been so much better had they not actually killed off AJ.  Why, oh why, didn't RC just have AJ be in a permanent coma at a clinic somewhere getting longterm care??

That way he wouldn't be a dead Quartermaine, he'd still be in a bad way so the fallout with Sonny could still matter, their "precious Sonny" wouldn't be an acutal murderer of AJ (though close), and someday the character could come back whether it be a recast or a miracle occured and SK returned.  No matter what, the character should never have died.  To bring AJ back from the dead only to kill him off a year later has to be the stupidest idea ever.  Clearly it was RC's way to stick it to Sean Kanan, which just makes me even angrier.

Still hoping AJ somehow returns someday and is a total badass for all the hell he was put through.  I hope Michael embraces his inner-Q and becomes part of that family again, never to return to the jerks who raised him and messed him up ten-fold.  Maybe someday AJ and Michael will reunite and run the town together (wishful thinking)...

Word, Word McWordy to this! Absolutely. So much pain over the egotistical decision to kill of my favourite Q. He's worth all the Corinthi and Carly clan put together. Damn that dude man, damn.

• Love 2

So MIchael hates Sonny, Carly, Morgan, and Kiki. I doubt he will ever be close to Tracy, he could maybe become close to Ned but he isn't on much, and Monica only makes an appearance twice a year. So who is he going to interact with? Dante (when they remember they're brothers) and Rosalie? I feel sorry for him if his only companion is going to be that useless Rosalie.

• Love 1

said all he said to Michael out of love for Michael so he wouldn't have guilt.

Sonny doesn't love Michael. Sonny loves Sonny. Full stop. Every single thing that came out of that lying liars mouth was said to guilt and manipulate. I didn't feel one thing Sonny said. In fact, I'm pretty sure I yelled 'give me a break' more than once. The character is vile and MB isn't a very good actor.

Bobbie can just shut up. Carly covered up a murder and Scotty is supposed to ignore that?

Scotty can shut up too though - his over the top crap today was tiresome. Also? He cares not a whit for Franco, so why is  he even pretending to be sympathetic about his son's poor little broken-heart?

Everyone stumbling around about how the newest baby might be a daughter or sister/ daughter or grand daughter and  so forth was funny and at the same time gross.

• Love 5

So what day is it supposed to be?  Post-wedding fallout is still going on, but there's also election results on TV?  I'm confused.

It is still Halloween because Bobbie said that Snarly has been missing for a couple of hours. I am fanwanking that the election was on the Tuesday previous.

So MIchael hates Sonny, Carly, Morgan, and Kiki. I doubt he will ever be close to Tracy, he could maybe become close to Ned but he isn't on much, and Monica only makes an appearance twice a year. So who is he going to interact with? Dante (when they remember they're brothers) and Rosalie? I feel sorry for him if his only companion is going to be that useless Rosalie.

I guess we can expect a new flood of newbies to invade town. I wouldn't surprised if somehow he and Jakson start to grow close. Jakson can't remember who he is, Michael wishes he could forget his past with Sonny and Carly and so they begin to bond and feel comfortable around each other as they wonder why it all seems so familiar... *Sighs*

• Love 3

There was some serious bad acting going in with her and LC in those scenes.  Wow.  

Also, KA is getting on my nerves.  Since this whole reveal happened her idea of portraying the drama is just whining.  Its so annoying.

I thought ER and LLC were fine, it's just that the writing for Olivia was so bad. Well, it's more like, LLC wouldn't've been bad, if it had been something actually horrible that she was reacting to. She was blubbering about Dante having to arrest Sonny and Sonny's baby being missing. The latter is bad, but not something I think Olivia would get teary eyed over right away, and as for the former, for fuck's sake! He cheated on her with a murderer in a crypt. HE SHOT HER SON IN THE CHEST. A little sympathy is fine, but not this "poor Sonny and poor Dante for having to arrest him" crap.

I did like Morgan's reaction to Ava having a little girl. aaaw.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I did like Morgan's reaction to Ava having a little girl. aaaw.

I know! I actually 'awwww'ed at it! They need to get that baby back quick so Morgan can hold her and I can forget what a dumbass he is!

I think the best part of the Lulu/Olivia scenes was when Lulu held a dirty diaper for like way too long. Such fun!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

If they can not go after Franco as accessory after the fact, can't they get him for kidnapping Shawn (who I really hate) and Jordan who is a federal agent. Seems to be a good excuse to put his ass in prison.

Gah! I miss Michael/AJ. Chad/Sean had some of the best father son chemistry I've ever seen on this show. :( I'm so very sad. Still.

I agree.  I can rewatch the episode where Michael is telling AJ that he slept with Brenda.  That is GOLD.  If I could post the YT link (don't know how), I would.  Chad was a perfect straight man to AJ's absolute joy, and AJ spitting the water out (and kudos to CD for not completely losing it) was great.  I loved SK/CD's chemistry.  Rc's an idiot.

We have the same Dante. Just because he doesn't spit into Sonny's face every time they run into each other doesn't mean he's forgiven and forgotten. It just means that Dante realizes he has to be cordial if he wants to live in the same town as Sonny.

The way he coldly agree with Michael's take on Sonny is prove that he's never forgotten the kind of man his bio father is. He's not not walking around shouting his feelings on the subject around time.

I agree.  Dante has never been a Sonny cheerleader, but like any son, he wanted to believe that his father was capable of being a good person.  I can't fault him for that.  Dante will put Michael ahead of his father, and I love him for that.

I've always loved the Olivia/Lulu relationship.  Like you said, you don't see that kind of close, genuinely loving and supportive relationship between a MIL/DIL on TV very often.  And you get the feeling that, as much as Dante is her son, and she worships the ground he walks on, she'd still call his ass out of he was in the wrong in any conflict Lulu and Dante have.   

I don't get the Olivia hate.  I like the character, and she calls it like she sees it.  At least she can see her own mistakes like today when she acknowledged that she was always the third wheel in Sonny's relationships.  At least she's self-aware, something Kiki does not possess at all.

Oh, BOOOOOOO, Michael did not filet Kiki nearly enough.  I hated that the hypocritical liar got to attempt to come clean while Morgan tried in vain to stop her.  And I hated that the vitriol was aimed mostly at Morgan. 

And now (and this is speculation) Michael's probably going to bang Rosalie and Kiki will climb up on a moral high horse, like, as if, BITCH.

I agree.  I wanted Michael to eviscerate Kiki's ass, but there's no way that RC will ever allow that to happen.  Heck, he gave HER the line of wanting to tell Michael the truth, and not Morgan, as if she's this paragon of virtue.  She ALWAYS lies.  It's what she does, and for her to act like she had to be noble in that scene made me want to scream.  I wanted Michael to rip her to pieces, and instead, she got off easy.  I'm not surprised.  It's what RC does with her all.the.time.

There were no gems he tossed at Kiki.  Essentially, Kiki admitted that she lied, blindsiding Morgan, forcing him to tell the truth.  I'm guessing he would have liked a heads-up.  When Michael learned they knew about Sonny killing AJ, he asked how long they knew?  Morgan said a little over a month.  So Michael got upset confronting Kiki that all the time he spent telling her about his supsicions about Ava, she knew that Sonny was guilty.  Kiki was all "Michael, we were trying to protect you."  (Michael really needs to throw a punch or invent a drinking game whenever someone says that to him.)  So MIchael thinks about the time Rosalie said Kiki was keeping a secret, and Michael thought it was the AJ/Sonny secret, but Kiki said, "No that's ANOTHER lie I told you" (not exactly what she said, but she might as well have).  Then Michael said "Did you two also know that Ava killed Connie!?"  Morgan's "Mikey, it's complicated" exposed ANOTHER lie, and that's when Michael lost it.  I can't say I blame him.  One lie, then two lies, then three lies?  Kiki cannot NOT lie.  I blame her more than I blame Morgan because I hate her.

Michael absolutely had revenge fuck on his mind in tomorrow's preview or at least grief sex.  His "Let's get out of here" to Rosalie had not a hint of a smile on his face.  He wants to lose himself in someone.  Nice, polite, sweet Michael may be gone for a while.  I think I'm happy about that.

I also loved Nathan and his scenes with Rosalie.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 6

If they can not go after Franco as accessory after the fact, can't they get him for kidnapping Shawn (who I really hate) and Jordan who is a federal agent. Seems to be a good excuse to put his ass in prison.

That and also couldn't they get him for filming Carly without her consent?

I agree.  Dante has never been a Sonny cheerleader, but like any son, he wanted to believe that his father was capable of being a good person.  I can't fault him for that.  Dante will put Michael ahead of his father, and I love him for that.

I love that they've done a lot in these past two days to make it clear that even if Dante wanted to believe Sonny could be a good man, he always knew that he was, in fact, not one and that someday it would be made abundantly clear and Sonny would go down. Oh, Dante, I love you so!

Nice, polite, sweet Michael may be gone for a while.

Here's hoping! Maybe my dream of Michael fucking Rosalie and then going full psycho will come true!

• Love 7

IIRC, When Fluke was hitting on Kiki (ugh), Kike ran to Morgan for help and not to her BF Michael because Kiki wanted to protect him. When Michael found out what happened,  he had a convo with her that he didn't need protecting and that she shouldn't hide anything from him.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 4

I felt a tinge of nervousness when Michael bellied up to the bar due to AJ's infamous alcoholism.  You think AJ, vodka, vodka, AJ.  With any other soap character post-hell reveal, I wouldn't think twice.  I  feel going forward Ron will throw AJ under the bus some through Michael's self-destructive behavior.  I can imagine Michael snorting coke in his suit on the docks before work. 

Today felt sort of suckish, with the not really interesting scenes of Kiki/Morgan/Michael and Dante and Nathan understanding about Ava's baby.  Fucking please.  Also, I find Rosalie just another boring newbie to stick Michael with.  Bring on Michael/Maxie, man.  I will wish for this until GH is cancelled. 

Oh, and Carly whining about worrying that Michael will hurt Sonny? Shut it down.  I loved Franco, just because RH plays him as he always plays his characters, "I don't give a shit." 

Is Bobbie on drugs?

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 2
HE SHOT HER SON IN THE CHEST

Remember when Olivia felt as if Sonny wasn't paying enough attention to Dante, as if he was just an afterthought to him compared to his other kids? Such a special lady she is...

• Love 1

Eh, people on soaps have sought comfort in some booze with lesser grievances than Michael's.  Recall Carly getting hammered and cutting off her hair because, wah, Todd betrayed her!  And really, he's only at The Floating Rib to run into Rosalie. 

Previews...uh, is it really such a good idea to put co-conspirators in adjoining cells so they can chat and collaborate on their stories?

• Love 1

I felt a tinge of nervousness when Michael bellied up to the bar due to AJ's infamous alcoholism.  You think AJ, vodka, vodka, AJ.  With any other soap character post-hell reveal, I wouldn't think twice.  I  feel going forward Ron will throw AJ under the bus some through Michael's self-destructive behavior.  I can imagine Michael snorting coke in his suit on the docks before work. 

Heh. It didn't even occur to me, honestly. Bobbie was also sucking down the booze and she had much less reason to do. I mean, Ron could make him have a problem, but I have a feeling he won't.

I found it amusing that Morgan and the newscaster were commenting on the fact that Ava's baby was premature while Nina is carting around a kid that is clearly four months old

• Love 4

IIRC, When Fluke was hitting on Kiki (ugh), Kike ran to Morgan for help and not to her BF Michael because Kiki wanted to protect him. When Michael found out what happened,  he had a convo with her that he didn't need protecting and that she shouldn't hide anything from him.

Kiki just likes to lie.  Her excuse about wanting to protect Michael is BS.  It's about keeping secrets, and I am so glad that Michael has kicked that lying liar to the curb.  Now I can FF her all the time.

I really hope that RC doesn't turn Michael into an AJ redux, but since he loves the run over the GH characters while sparing his newbies, it's entirely possible.  I hope not.  

He can hang out with Sam, Alexis Molly and Danny at the penthouse.   I am actually kind of curious if Sam will get a reaction to this whole mess.  She was close to Mikey at one point, although I can't remember the last time they really shared a scene.  

• Love 2

He can hang out with Sam, Alexis Molly and Danny at the penthouse.

I can see all these characters being invited to the Qs for Thanksgiving due to Alexis' connection to Ned and all their connections to Jason through Danny.  Hey, maybe that's part of the reason Alexis is sort of connecting with Ned again.  Also, why the Qs were shown yesterday in their glory of awesome.  Michael is very important to the canvas, so here's his new people, viewers.

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 3

He can hang out with Sam, Alexis Molly and Danny at the penthouse.   I am actually kind of curious if Sam will get a reaction to this whole mess.  She was close to Mikey at one point, although I can't remember the last time they really shared a scene.

I can't remember the last time she scenes with Michael either ... that is another one of Sam's connection RC dropped. I vaguely remember something about a towel.

Spoilers say she tries to help him. I don't know if it is true or a rumor. I think someone by the name loose lips posted it somewhere.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS

While I love Alexis, I don't want Michael to go hang out with anyone who has enabled the mob crew in the (distant or recent) past. The only exception I'm willing to grant there is Dante. 

Considering that he's angry about Sonny stealing his life with AJ, it makes the most sense, to me, for him to go to the Q's.  He may not have much of a relationship with Tracy, but he should go there for Monica.  

• Love 4