Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I wanted to smack Bobbie - could she care any less about Michael's suffering? She sees Duke arrested and Anna confirms that she's seen the video. Instead of leaving to try and find/check on her emotionally raw grandson, she stays at the Floating Rib for an idiotic exchange with Lucy about Duke, and then throw shade at Franco about the ambush/video. I had to roll my eyes that she said Carly made "a mistake." Carly must be proud that she has a perfectly brainwashed mother.

How about checking on her daughter?

• Love 1

I want to nominate CD for an Emmy for today's performance. I am a huge JJ fan but CD's performance was so much more layered than JJ's epic rant against Niz. Remember JJ won an Emmy for it. I even think that he carried MB today.

• Love 6

My only disappointment this week was that the Michael/Carly and Michael/Sonny smack downs should have been two separate stand alone episodes.  The fallout from this reveal is 17 years in the making.  There is so much to be mined from Michael's history with Sonny and Carly, I wanted to see Michael lay out item by item how everything bad that has happened to him because of Sonny and Carly.

• Love 6

I want to nominate CD for an Emmy for today's performance. I am a huge JJ fan but CD's performance was so much more layered than JJ's epic rant against Niz. Remember JJ won an Emmy for it. I even think that he carried MB today.

The kid who plays Spencer can carry MB.

• Love 10

Can't we have one tiny scene with MB and the baby? Sonny is awful, but MB is so good with the little ones.

NOOOOO! I don't want the greasy slimeball anywhere near that baby. Who are we kidding? It's a girlchild, Sonny will want nothing to do with her. She is really an adorably precious baby, even if she looks way too big to be premature. But I fanwank my way around that by saying that Ava really got pregnant back on Valentine's Day with Morgan, and Britt and whoever else screwed up the due date.

Well, looks like Nina will obviously skate on everything that she did. Big surprise, except not. She almost reverted to Teen Jess when she was on the phone with Franco.

I so wanted Nathan to comfort Anna, ahem, I meant wasn't that hot when Nathan comforted Anna? He and Dante are such pretty cops, and the show in my head is continuing to make me very happy in that regard. I think the three of them should have thrown the names in a hat, then they could have drawn to see who would arrest who. Or they could flip for it. Or play coed naked Twister, or you know, something like that.

Duke is such a tool, his reasoning for his loyalty to Sonny was lame as hell. And if he's willing to risk jail and his relationship, all so he can feel useful? Well, then he needs to book some time with the non-existent Kevin. Can't wait for Anna to be free of his sorry ass. I thought FH was particularly good today, you could really feel her anguish over the whole thing.

The speech by Michael was good, but I too had a problem with it sounding like it was ripped straight from the boards. It was like they sat around with a checklist saying, "Don't forget to put in the part about him shooting Dante, we need to bring that up!" MB was his usual lame level. CD was pretty good, my main problem with him in the past acting-wise is that he has stilted line delivery, he'll say names at the end of sentences like three seconds later. He did it a lot last year when he was being a sanctimonious little prick to Morgan. I didn't hear it today, so that was a nice improvement.

Sorry not sorry, not giving Michael or Ron a pass for the word whore.

For the love of dog, please stop having discussions right in front of the damn spider decoration at GH!! Even though it's fake, it makes no difference to those of us who suffer from acute arachnophobia.

That thing is not only creepy, it's very distracting and is totally taking me out of the scenes.

I hated how Morgan was literally feet from Ava, had to have heard Silas' voice and then went off with Dante for plot point purposes.

I don't think Michael went in hard enough

TWSS.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4
My only disappointment this week was that the Michael/Carly and Michael/Sonny smack downs should have been two separate stand alone episodes

Oh I am quite sure that they will rehash it all to death as they do everything else. They aren't done with those three, not by a long shot sadly.

Chad did fine but to me it wasn't Emmy worthy.

• Love 1

I don't care if it sounded like Michael's speech was ripped from the boards- I have been waiting for him to say all these things to Sonny for years. His gross parents brainwashed Michael against his own father and did take away a lifetime of them bonding. I can't believe Sonny was talking his way out of it but at least he told the truth. MB wasn't stuttering as much and I think this is the best acting he's done in some time.

That baby is so cute! They can't have a premie baby on the show so the size doesn't bother me, just more that Nina is nuts. I'm all aboard the Franco/Nina train but that phone call was ridiculous.

• Love 12
That baby is so cute! They can't have a premie baby on the show

Maybe not, but they could have a smaller infant. Look at when Emma was born. I was shocked that, instead of being huge as most TV "newborns" are, those twins were actual infants. If I recall, I think the show had to wait until those baby girls were 1-month-old by law to film (as Jason Thompson, I guess, mentioned the babies being quite young at some PA with KMc), but they even looked like newborns. (And poor KMc/JT looked almost frightened when passing the baby/babies around or picking her/them up! [but the cute factor was high, as I recall one of them loved to burrow in JT's neck when he'd hold her, but I digress!])

Maybe that was isolated, and I know there are laws, which is great, but a smaller baby could have more easily been more believable as a preemie. Or hey, whatever happened to the [creepy] mechanical baby who "played" preemie Baby Kristina back in 2002?

That was a real baby? Until the very end I thought it was a doll.

When you saw Michelle holding the blanket bundle against her neck and shoulder straight up and down as if she was cradling a foot long salami, that was the doll. When they had the baby down in her arms being rocked that was the real little one, her face was exposed and she was moving around, quite active for a newborn...

*smirks*

It's a cute baby certainly, but I still wish there wasn't another Corinthos bred spawn to be concerned with. They just keep adding to that group while so many other families are dwindling.

• Love 3
Another shallow note for me, I guess ME is finally able to sleep at home with the new kid or something because he's been looking really, really good lately.

Perhaps he is hopeful that with the Nina going full blown certifiable that'll soon free Silas from his bat shit crazy ball and chain. One can only hope...at least I am.

If he would just put a few more pounds on he'd basically look like his old self used to imo. I was watching some old John and Evangeline clips the other day, one of my all time favourite soap couples who got utterly shafted for that little red headed menace but I digress...anyway, during that time Michael looked so good to me, he had the perfect amount of weight on his frame to fill out his face and pad his body.

And it's never a bad thing to see him smile, they've given him such depressing material of late I feel, not to mention saddling him with that useless offspring of his.

• Love 2

So far, I do believe Michael's 11/7 confrontation w/Sonny should be his Emmy reel choice.  I wish he could use both this and his 11/4 confrontation w/Carly, but you're only allowed to choose one episode, right?  I found CD brilliant with Sonny, in that, he almost seemed like a different person, he stood up straighter, his voice was manlier?, colder.  Also, I don't know how CD managed that range of facial expressions on getting confirmation that AJ didn't kill Connie. 

As for MB, I find him always better in scenes, when his scene partner doesn't love him and there is an actual emotional conflict.  Outside of CD, MB's best scenes to me have been with SK's AJ and NLG's Alexis. 

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 7

I re-watched the Michael and Sonny's scenes and maybe I'm just watching through a haze of Sonny hate but what I got out of it was Sonny trying to manipulate Michael the way Ava was. The way Carly tried to do when she was telling Michael that it was Franco and not to trust him.  Sonny was pretty sneaky when he was trying to calm Michael and his hand was going for the gun.  Very smooth.

I did love the moment where Michael said "Sonny, its just you and me" as he was loosening his tie. Michael needs to become Sonny's enemy.  There is so much more story potential then Michael forgiving the shit.

• Love 12

I did love the moment where Michael said "Sonny, its just you and me" as he was loosening his tie. Michael needs to become Sonny's enemy.  There is so much more story potential then Michael forgiving the shit.

So this, even if Sonny "gets away" with AJ's murder this would help curb the mob on GH: Michael as a corporate raider a la Jax, coming in and taking all of Soony's legit business, Sonny morphing from gangsta to evil business man. This would not only help both the characters of Michael and Sonny but help the show as well.

• Love 7

I did love the moment where Michael said "Sonny, its just you and me" as he was loosening his tie. Michael needs to become Sonny's enemy.

That was when he really felt like a different character to me.  He didn't even sound like Michael.  He sounded like he was channeling his inner Q+.  Loved it.

• Love 8

I rewatched the "Sonny shoots AJ" scenes on you tube last night. Lots of missed potential with Ava/AJ. That was a chemistry that sparkled imo. I never bought AJ/Liz. I always hated that AJ had to change himself for Liz, who said she didn't really love him to his grieving mother in front of his comatose brother. But Ava was a sick love story that could have worked. In fact, an Ava/AJ/Carly triangle with RH as FranoTodd as a 4th player would have been creepy and cool. None of this sister/niece shit. Orange baby would have been normal color and either AJ or Morgan's. Which would have been interesting. And made BC a better, less stuttering actor. Sonny still could have shot AJ. I admit, I'd prefer a story where Connie sees Sonny quick to kill again and leaves- choosing her mental health over him, but eh whatever. But AJ didn't need to die for Micheal to disown Sonny.

Anyway, the part with SK and MW I loved was when he said "Did you enjoy feeling like God with my life in your hands? Did you love when I crawled back in the bottle? "

Then the ironic part was Sonny walking in saying "Is this how you get off, AJ? Hurting women? Killing them?" That imo is why AJ's recording needs to be in soap court.

• Love 5

But AJ didn't need to die for Michael to disown Sonny.

I go back and forth on this.  Let's say we had the best soap writer in the world writing this, then either scenario would work.  AJ being attempted murdered or murdered.  But, with less stellar writing, then death has to be because then there's no turn back.  Michael can't every forget that AJ is dead because of Sonny.  I don't know if Ron could've handled the nuance of Michael turning his back on Sonny/Carly with AJ still alive.  I don't know, I wish AJ was still alive because I've always loved him and wanted more than the shit he got.  The irony is, I think if SK/BW weren't such good actors playing AJ, Guza and others may have left AJ on the side of the road and not even involved in the epic fight between him and Sonny/Carly. 

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 4

I re-watched the Michael and Sonny's scenes and maybe I'm just watching through a haze of Sonny hate but what I got out of it was Sonny trying to manipulate Michael the way Ava was. The way Carly tried to do when she was telling Michael that it was Franco and not to trust him.  Sonny was pretty sneaky when he was trying to calm Michael and his hand was going for the gun.  Very smooth.

I did love the moment where Michael said "Sonny, its just you and me" as he was loosening his tie. Michael needs to become Sonny's enemy.  There is so much more story potential then Michael forgiving the shit.

I liked Sonny and Michael's confrontation way better than his confrontation with Carly, but I got a different feeling from what Sonny was trying to do. I didn't think he was manipulating Michael so much as didn't want Michael to suffer the guilt of killing him. I thought Sonny did a good job with his eyes that really made me feel he was truely sad for Michael if Michael killed him. I especially loved the part where he layed his gun on the ground after that you could see Michael get a little lose with his gun and I really thought Sonny was going to slowly take it from him.

I was the opposite about the tie thing. It really took me out of the scene b/c my first thought is why after running all over town upset is Michael still even wearing that tie?

I really dislike Ava and she is just as bad as Sonny. Her manipulation of Michael was gross and she deserves every bit as much ire as Sonny. I feel no sorrow for her about losing her baby. I can't wait for Dante to learn what she did to Olivia and Connie. I hope he goes to the hospital and slaps some cuffs on her and when the baby is found she STILL never gets to hold her.

• Love 3

This is why I wouldn't mind a "Sonny has to live above Kelly's" story either. Could you imagine Sonny having to find his own towels? Not having someone driving him around all the time? Having to carry his own girlfriends up the stairs? He wouldn't be able to make it. 

He could work in the kitchen! 

I don't know if I think she's better, but I certainly hate her less.  I think it's largely because she doesn't have a cast of characters constantly telling me how wonderful and good she is.  Even her own daughter was admits that Ava has done some pretty terrible things. 

Sonny has been excused and had his ass kissed for going on a couple of decades and Ava hasn't had that advantage, so she comes off as some sort of cunning underdog I can't explain. (I enjoy seeing her clash with Sonny and his ilk, I don't want either of them to get away with their schemes against each other, but I want her to get in slightly less trouble than others)

• Love 8

The recording is admissible as it was not taken by police.  The exclusionary rule is to protect us from police / government violating the Bill of Rights.  A private citizen can't do that.  Soap Opera Law Absurdity.  They want Sonny to get away with it, at least in "legal" terms.  

We had those scenes where Michael said he'd rather know and deal with the truth - he told Kiki that, I think, but it didn't sink into her thick head.   Carly kept going on about how this reveal "hurts" Michael, so I guess she does not know Michael very well.  

Too many people pointing guns - that has been a problem for at least two months.  They need to do some more soapy type of plot.  

• Love 3

The sad thing is that had Micheal walked in sans gun, Sonny would have just yelled "Get out Son, shut up!" Then he would have dismissed Micheal totally, shot Ava, and ignored the situation. Gun, violence, death, rawr, kill is the only language Sonny speaks. Maybe clinkboom is in there, but I'm not sure. Sonny is like a really dumb untrained dog owner. He's not the dog. He's the loser who buys the poor dogs and trains them to tear each other apart, then when they can't do anything for him, he dismisses them. I'm glad Micheal rebelled and bit the idiot before he lost a leg.

• Love 6
My favorite line was when Michael asked Sonny if he was going to him just like he did Dante.

After some more thought, I'm pretty surprised that they had Sonny holding a gun on Michael.  It goes completely against the "Sonny is a wonderful father who loves his kids more than anything (even the 1,736 'loves of his life') and will do anything to protect them" narrative they've been telling us, but not showing us, for years.  Mind you, I'm not surprised Sonny would do it, because that's who he is, but it seems to underscore that maybe the writers are finally admitting "Hey, this guy is an ass." 

Re: Michael saying "whore" - Didn't like it, obviously, but I took it as Michael mocking Sonny's constant use of the word.  To me, it sounded like he kind of spat it out in a sarcastic way, and I could almost see the air quotes around it.  It was like yet another insult, yet another example of Michael calling out how terrible Sonny is. 

Let's say we had the best soap writer in the world writing this

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!​  (Although, to be fair, this week has been mostly good.)

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 4

I wanted to smack Bobbie - could she care any less about Michael's suffering? She sees Duke arrested and Anna confirms that she's seen the video. Instead of leaving to try and find/check on her emotionally raw grandson, she stays at the Floating Rib for an idiotic exchange with Lucy about Duke, and then throw shade at Franco about the ambush/video. I had to roll my eyes that she said Carly made "a mistake." Carly must be proud that she has a perfectly brainwashed mother.

Bobbie was beyond awful, but I did really like when she was all, "WTF Franco are you still whining about getting cheated on by Carly? Join the club! She cheats on everyone, ya dumbass."

Re: Michael saying "whore" - Didn't like it, obviously, but I took it as Michael mocking Sonny's constant use of the word.  To me, it sounded like he kind of spat it out in a sarcastic way, and I could almost see the air quotes around it.  It was like yet another insult, yet another example of Michael calling out how terrible Sonny is. 

I've told myself this was it, too, because I really like Michael right now and I don't wanna be mad at him. Plus, this really does make sense and is delicious, even if there's no way in hell Sonny would understand that kind of insult.

I don't think there's any doubt CD will get an Emmy nom for this. He was nommed last year and he was no where near this good. I bet he'll even win now that Chandler Massey isn't around.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Michael is neither a Q or a Corinthos. I don't quite get the claim he is either. He is a combination of both.

RC has a mighty fascinating character in his arsenal if he acknowledges that and let Michael be both of them. Chad has proven he can handle the character in the past week. Michael was a Q by birth only for a long time, but that changed since he went to work for/with the Q. It is a shame it happened after both Edward and Alan were long dead.

• Love 3

After some more thought, I'm pretty surprised that they had Sonny holding a gun on Michael.  It goes completely against the "Sonny is a wonderful father who loves his kids more than anything (even the 1,736 'loves of his life') and will do anything to protect them" narrative they've been telling us,

Is that the narrative really? Sonny slept with his son's girlfriend, on the grave of his other son's father. Whom he murdered.

Where in that narrative is the Sonny you described?

I will give RC this, since he took over Sonny and Jason have been portrayed as the people they are meant to be. In Guza's world, they were mobsters with hearts of gold. In RC's, they are mobsters who pretend they have hearts of gold. That their loved ones ascribe to but they are not without bias.

Just because Morgan crawled back into Sonny's shit hole doesn't absolve Sonny. I don't think the narrative is asking us to forgive and forget the grave tryst because Michael is bringing the gritty reality of it to his face. Not in anger, but in a heartbroken way. The latter is more powerful than if Michael was angry.

Sonny might not pay for it, but it doesn't mean he is being presented as a saint. Also what substitute for payment is subjective. Prison is only one way of payment, losing Michael's love and respect is another form of payment.  

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 5

Also what substitute for payment is subjective. Prison is only one way of payment, losing Michael's love and respect is another form of payment.

The best form of payment is what many others and myself have said.  Take all of Sonny's and Carly's shit.  Take their island, their hotel, their houses.  File wrongful death suits.  Leave them on the street begging for cheese puffs and bipolar meds. 

It'll kill 2 birds--destroy Sonny/Carly and show Michael has moved on to Q forms of revenge as opposed to mob mentality of guns solving every problem. 

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 10

I think they try to have it both ways. They're still making sure people bring up how terrible AJ was so that maybe then Sonny won't look so bad. They constantly bring up Ava's role so that Sonny will have an out. But then they have Michael call Sonny out at the same time. I mean I don't even really blame them. MB will never leave and they're not gonna fire him, he'll always be the lead, so they try to put that other stuff in there, like the 'Sonny really does love his kids, guys!' bullshit, so that he can still be hero like, in their minds at least. I mean most people don't buy it, but some do.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
I took it as Michael mocking Sonny's constant use of the word

Ron himself claimed it had to due with Michael's anger, it wasn't about Sonny it had to do with Michael's feelings towards Ava and that is how the scene came across to me as well.

I really don't care what Michael or anyone else calls Ava, but in that scene he was spewing as much unbridled hatred at her as Sonny when he brought up how they slept together in the crypt. So I do think Michael meant to call her that of his own choosing, it wasn't about mocking Sonny.

But, with less stellar writing, then death has to be because then there's no turn back

Having a great writer or not won't change how some feel about certain characters, imo, and that's a big factor here.

Not everyone liked AJ, either in PC or viewers of the show, so you're going to have those who just don't care or are fairly concerned that he is dead or that Sonny killed him.

Do I think Sonny has finally "crossed the line", the point of "no return"? Frankly no I don't because this is a soap and leads don't just get tossed down the totem pole because their characters do incredibly horrible things or commit immensely disturbing crimes. It allows for a change in dynamics, but Sonny isn't going to be labeled a "loser" by anyone's standards, imho.

To me a big part of why AJ was chosen as the sacrificial lamb, and not just because Ron had his hissy fit over Sean leaving, is because AJ was often played as the second fiddle son to Jason and then Sonny got involved in his life and it was straight downhill from there, so he was this show's punching bag long before Ron took over.

However I do feel Ron was only too happy to keep that common thread going until he killed AJ off so he could then have scenes where someone like Bobbie remarks casually about his death as if it's no big deal.

I did love the moment where Michael said "Sonny, its just you and me" as he was loosening his tie. Michael needs to become Sonny's enemy.  There is so much more story potential then Michael forgiving the shit.

One of the things I've always liked about soaps, well good soaps anyway, is how they can change dynamics, change interactions between characters, how relationships can morph and become so different, running deeper, running colder, running hotter, etc.

With Ron in charge I just don't see much if anything positive coming out of the fallout. Regardless of how Michael feels, or Monica, or Sonny, or Carly, or Morgan, or Kiki, whomever else, the list is endless, Ron has proven, imho, that he has no qualms over wasting perfectly good opportunities to do more with this show and with its characters.

The very fact he would bother to weave in Bobbie and Lucy's scenes in the middle of everything shows me that Ron just can't see the forest for the trees. What good there is that he has to work with, to write for he basically ignores or is underutilized .

• Love 2

Not everyone liked AJ, either in PC or viewers of the show, so you're going to have those who just don't care or are fairly concerned that he is dead or that Sonny killed him.

I respect that.  I think I loved AJ so much because he was the classic underdog, but what was sad by all writers of GH is they kept him losing until he was dead x2. I always had hope that someday one of these writers would change course for AJ and it really looked like Ron was doing that until he wasn't.  I guess, the destruction of AJ, over the years, was caused by the overall obsession with Sonny/Carly/Jason coupled with the lack of interest in writing for the Qs.  I don't know, but I miss him and Michael, in a sense, is all us AJ lovers have left. 

• Love 9

I respect that.  I think I loved AJ so much because he was the classic underdog, but what was sad by all writers of GH is they kept him losing until he was dead x2. I always had hope that someday one of these writers would change course for AJ and it really looked like Ron was doing that until he wasn't.  I guess, the destruction of AJ, over the years, was caused by the overall obsession with Sonny/Carly/Jason coupled with the lack of interest in writing for the Qs.  I don't know, but I miss him and Michael, in a sense, is all us AJ lovers have left. 

I liked AJ, too.  He was a layered character and you understood why he was a screw up and cringed when he got screwed--like with Carly and her lies.  I remember the episode when AJ was born and Lesley had to deliver the baby.  I wanted to scream at Monica and when the woman whose husband you are cheating with is performing an episiotomy  on you, it's not exactly the best time to confess that it was Rick's child (which it was not).  Kudos to Lesley for not shoving the scalpel where the sun didn't shine.

I've loathed Carly ever since she lied about AJ and the drinking an  the ensuing decades of her and Sonny's abuse of AJ.  I also hated red-headed child Michael for his part in that too, even though he was just a kid, he did an awful lot of hurt.

• Love 2
I don't know, but I miss him and Michael, in a sense, is all us AJ lovers have left.

Weellll...heh, I can't say I feel the same about Michael, to me he was raised a Corinthos and a Corinthos he shall remain because that is how he grew up and one can't just chuck their entire childhood and adolescence out the window despite how terrible it was, but I do agree with you about AJ because I did adore him and I still do.

Sean is such a good guy and a good actor, imo, and even Billy was good in the role for different reasons despite his height, heh. I always sympathized with AJ being treated as the Cain to Jason's Abel. He wasn't a perfect character by any means but he had his good qualities and he certainly didn't deserve to end up road kill as the Sonny, Carly, and Jason tour bus ran over him again and again, and again.

I personally just don't appreciate that AJ is dead, for a second goddamn time, just so Michael and Sonny can finally hash it out. I might actually be willing to cheer Michael on, heh, as impossible as it sounds if it only weren't for the fact that Sonny killed AJ to cause all of this. Sonny's alive and AJ is dead and this is the second time it's happened, not first but second and I just can't deal with that.

Why couldn't the SERIAL KILLER had been the straw that broke the camel's back somehow, he's certainly evil and crazy enough to play the part of the wicket mastermind but no, he is the one getting the sympathy edit while AJ wastes away in the Q crypt...no words really, I've no words.

• Love 2

Less Sonny on the screen equals more enjoyment for me.  His contract expires in December (?). Does anyone know for sure if he renewed his contract?  Tons of screen time for him coming down the pike with Jason.  Those sirens are playing a real sweet tune by the barge.  I raise a glass and toast those of you who have watched this soap opera (that has lost its way from focusing on a hospital in Port Charles and turned into a soap about a mob) and kept this soap alive for the past two decades.  Sonny not being worshiped is a step in the right direction but the guy needs to vacate the premises.  STAT (and preferably with a whimper).

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 6

How is it that Ryan Paevey has been on this show for almost a year already and he hasn't had one love scene.

Because he's been Cue Cards. He's only just become comfortable on-camera, IMO. I'd have hated to see him try to handle a love scene, blocking, and dialogue (however minimal) all at once.

I have a quibble about why Ava was stumbling around on the docks. Wouldn't the brownstone's front door open onto, like, a street? Where she could go and sit on the curb and flag down a car?

I buy her wanting to get as far away from Sonny as possible, or at least make it difficult for him to find her. I am also under the impression that the brownstone is pretty near the docks; ELQ is trying to clean up the entire area, IIRC.

Bobbie was beyond awful, but I did really like when she was all, "WTF Franco are you still whining about getting cheated on by Carly? Join the club! She cheats on everyone, ya dumbass."

That was pretty funny, especially because I don't think she realized the shade she was throwing on Carly.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I think they try to have it both ways. They're still making sure people bring up how terrible AJ was so that maybe then Sonny won't look so bad. They constantly bring up Ava's role so that Sonny will have an out. But then they have Michael call Sonny out at the same time. I mean I don't even really blame them. MB will never leave and they're not gonna fire him, he'll always be the lead, so they try to put that other stuff in there, like the 'Sonny really does love his kids, guys!' bullshit, so that he can still be hero like, in their minds at least. I mean most people don't buy it, but some do.

I mean I do think Sonny loves his kids (with varying degrees, of course). The thing is, getting into a little bullshit philosophy here, but imo love doesn't necessarily mean you do what is right from the other person or it makes you a better person. It just means you care about another person, that's all.

Because he's been Cue Cards. He's only just become comfortable on-camera, IMO. I'd have hated to see him try to handle a love scene, blocking, and dialogue (however minimal) all at once.

Aw come on dubbel zout! Don't tell you wouldn't've appreciated the UCG ;)

• Love 2

Can I just say how confused I get sometimes by the references to "Sean" in this forum? LOL.

There's the Sean who played AJ, and there's the character Sean (or Shawn is how I've seen it spelled) who apparently is also played by a Sean. And for me the only real Sean on GH is Sean Donnelly (who incidentally was not played by a Sean).

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm with you on this one in regards to calling Ave a "whore." She was sleeping with Michael's brother and schtupped his stepfather on his real father's grave. I don't like the word, but in this particular instance, I could see why it wa the go-to word.

Well, hell, if that's the criteria for being a whore then Michael's a whore too. Kaka was Morgan's girlfriend first, and then his wife, and Sad Panda kept making goo-goo eyes at her until he finally managed to take her away from him. I never wanted Kaka with Morgan because she's a black hole of suckage, but it was really low for Michael to not step aside.

I mean I do think Sonny loves his kids (with varying degrees, of course). The thing is, getting into a little bullshit philosophy here, but imo love doesn't necessarily mean you do what is right from the other person or it makes you a better person. It just means you care about another person, that's all.

When was the last time we saw Sonny care about anyone, not just his eight thousand children? The last purely unselfish thing he did was to help Stone, and he's been coasting on that for so long that it doesn't even leave a vapor-trail anymore. For a little more bullshit philosophy, is it really love and caring if you only do it when its convenient for you?

• Love 3

I am really dreading it coming out about Sonny arranging for Alice's heart transplant, because you know it is.  I can just imagine Sonny being all, "So I killed your son, Monica, I saved your maid.  Even stevens, am I right?".  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

See, I see that as a well rounded story, as well rounded as you'd expect from the writing team. All sides o the story should be presented leaving the audience to decide for themselves which side they fall on.

It'll be skewed if only one side, good or bad is being touched on. I ridicule characters who speak up for Sonny and or Carly but I don't begrudge them their views. It is theirs to have but I am allowed to have mine via other characters. 

If I truly believe that the narrative is asking me to sympathize with Sonny and Carly through this, I promise you won't see me watching and posting about the show. But if it asks me to see their side? Sure, I'll see it but it doesn't mean I'll think they are in the right.

Well, hell, if that's the criteria for being a whore then Michael's a whore too. Kaka was Morgan's girlfriend first, and then his wife, and Sad Panda kept making goo-goo eyes at her until he finally managed to take her away from him. I never wanted Kaka with Morgan because she's a black hole of suckage, but it was really low for Michael to not step aside.

When was the last time we saw Sonny care about anyone, not just his eight thousand children? The last purely unselfish thing he did was to help Stone, and he's been coasting on that for so long that it doesn't even leave a vapor-trail anymore. For a little more bullshit philosophy, is it really love and caring if you only do it when its convenient for you?

Then we really are getting too far into philosophy, but, imo yes. There's selfish love and there's selfless love. Sonny's love is obviously of the former kind. 

• Love 1

I go back and forth on this.  Let's say we had the best soap writer in the world writing this, then either scenario would work.  AJ being attempted murdered or murdered.  But, with less stellar writing, then death has to be because then there's no turn back.  Michael can't every forget that AJ is dead because of Sonny.  I don't know if Ron could've handled the nuance of Michael turning his back on Sonny/Carly with AJ still alive.  I don't know, I wish AJ was still alive because I've always loved him and wanted more than the shit he got.  The irony is, I think if SK/BW weren't such good actors playing AJ, Guza and others may have left AJ on the side of the road and not even involved in the epic fight between him and Sonny/Carly. 

I agree If BW and SK were not sooo talented the unholy three would have been just run of the mill murderers. They would have been gone and Sonny would have just been Michaels father. SK and CD had that special chemistry on screen that helped also. I remember boards where I was the only one who felt for AJ. Sonny was king, king of the toilet to me. This to will end and Sonny will win again and I will not be watching again. If tiic want to go anywhere else they need better writers. re-Ron just watches old YT and copies the old plots.

Edited by testardo

I hate Sonny so much now that I've become cynical about his supposed selflessness toward Stone. Look how much mileage he got from being nice to Stone and Robin - which really cost him nothing. While his reputation in the community improved, and he had Robin defending him for years.

Ok, he donated a wing to the hospital. But that is just the kind of move the Godfather would've made to buy himself some legitimacy.

• Love 2

I hate Sonny so much now that I've become cynical about his supposed selflessness toward Stone. Look how much mileage he got from being nice to Stone and Robin - which really cost him nothing. While his reputation in the community improved, and he had Robin defending him for years.

Ok, he donated a wing to the hospital. But that is just the kind of move the Godfather would've made to buy himself some legitimacy.

None of his "good deeds" should even matter at this point. He killed an innocent man. Michael's father. And Robin will be completely OOC if she excuses that. There's no way I believe that she will defend his shit anymore.

And when she's released from her 1000th kidnapping, everyone will see!

• Love 1

ugh sonny.It annoys me so much how he gets whitewashed.Anytime he claims hes a good mobster because he doesn't sell drugs or drugs are bad.I just want someone to yell says the guy who got a young girl hooked on drugs.Of course sonny will never be a town pariah.

Bobbie annoys me so much this week.Her whitewashing Carly for everything she does.What the heck happened to parents like Lee and Alice Grant who called their kids out on their shit.

• Love 2

I get the feeling this whole bunch of poo was written because FrankenRon and GH were out of the emmy's run last year. Ron's nose has been out of joint since then. he has been trying to hire all the winners actors since. I think he feels like all this drama will put them over the top. HA HA. When the action is over Michael will say he is sorry and beg Sonny to forgive him. Nina will go to the looney bin for a month, maybe plot something with Heather, and The laws hands will be tied because murderers are not evul and taping a confession is ? We all know Sonny had a right to kill AJ he was an ALCOHOLIC. DON'T BELIEVE IT. lOOK AT HOW LONG DR O HAD ROBIN AND SHE WAS REWARDED WITH MONICAS JOB. This show has been this redundant for twenty years. Why have someone commit cold blooded murder if they aren't going to be caught and punished. I know I'm beating a dead horse.

• Love 2
For a little more bullshit philosophy, is it really love and caring if you only do it when its convenient for you?

I feel like that is the kind of "love" Ron keeps claiming he has for this show and its history.

Sure he says he "loves" GH but when I look at what he writes, how he writes the characters, how his ideas trump not only history and characterization but plain common sense, it's all lip service imho. He "loves" until it doesn't suit him anymore.

As for that brand of love applying to the grease ball, heh, I think Sonny loves selfishly because he was never loved selflessly by those in his life growing up. Truly Sonny could have been a rather tragic figure if he hadn't been given a pass for every misdeed and shitty thing he's ever done. All they had to do was balance his wins with losses and this show could be a million times different.

But regardless of his life growing up that does not excuse at all for what he's done or who he chose to become of his own free will. A wise man once said you can let your past define you or you can defy it.

Sonny never let go of his childhood and in so many ways he's remained an immature little boy. He is possessive, he is controlling, it's all abut him and what he wants and how everyone needs to be on his side and he won't "share" them with anyone who doesn't "like" him, so they remain loyal.

It's why he could stare down the barrel of the gun Michael was holding without even flinching, in his mind he "owns" Michael and not the other way around, as long as Sonny feels like he can control the situation or the person he's cocky.

Michael said on Friday that Sonny and Carly used him as a pawn against AJ but really it's more to it then that, they saw him as property and not property they wanted to share.

That has been a defining characteristic of them both, imo, and it's one of the reasons I hated them being paired together in the first place. They were too much alike in that way, two incredibly damaged, self serving people who fed off each other.

• Love 5