Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Where is Lulu suppose to be or is it just not addressed? I thought she'd be there since she apparently OK'd Franco to enter the Haunted Star again.

I think Carly said something to Bobbie about how Franco set up the wedding at the Haunted Star, but that Carly did not expect Lulu to be there in person due to her (totally legitimate) Franco hatred.

I want Michael to have help taking on Sonny/Carly with the only person resembling a parent he still has still alive... Jax.

I was already picturing Jax coming back to lend Morgan support with Baby Girl Jerome-Corinthos.

• Love 1

CD couldn't pull off all the anger but he still did a good job. I think I smiled like a loon when Micheal talked about how Carlyrics and Sonny stole/kept him away from AJ. Like others I've waited 20 years to hear him come to that conclusion. Like yesterday I'm savoring the moment because it won't last.

I'm not a fan of LW but she did a great job with the material she was given today. You could see the heartbreak on her face & in her eyes. I loved every second of Carly's pain & misery.

ITA, KA was awful with basically no lines.

Sonny is the worst mobsters ever. He's always going after or killing the wrong person, ie,Karpov,AJ and now Ava. When Morgan is smarter & more level headed than you, there's a problem.

I flowed RoHo's facial expressions today. That wink was made of win.

• Love 9

My favorite moment of today's show was Franco winking at Carly at the end.

That was so great.

I've disliked Carly since as long as I can remember. I can't believe it finally paid off. Even if it lasts 2 seconds.

• Love 9

Kudos to CD today because I loved everything about his scenes with Carly.  I think CD pulled off all the anger just fine, and I was actually quite pleased that he wasn't screaming all the time (sorry Morgan).  His anger came in fits and starts as each revelation hit him.  That tear rolling down his face broke my heart, but that look he gave her after realizing she was in on the murder the whole time could have frozen hell over half a dozen times.  I mean that stare was icy cold, almost deadly.  I love Chad and Laura in scenes together.  I think their scenes touched on all the points I wanted, and I was happy with the pacing.  Michael was slowly absorbing the information, realizing the extent of his parents duplicity, and just being devastated by it.  His "You're dead to me" line to Carly was perfect.  I can't wait for the rest of the people he has to confront:  Kiki and Morgan, and I can't wait for Sonny.

I also enjoyed Nathan and Silas because I enjoy seeing the pretty, especially Nathan.  Sonny and Morgan were good too because they have NO idea what's coming.

What did I FF through?  Everything else.  Nina and Ava?  Ugh.  Jordan and Shawn?  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4

That was great! But I still have to think "All this because you were cheated on?". I wish I had a better reason to root for him because RH is playing the hell out of it, but he is still coming of as a petulant child when you think about it.

Nina's horse story was my everything..."Yes, it has hoofs". The fact that Ava didn't seem to know whether to cry or laugh and seemed almost amused by it was also great.

Also, RH as AJ would probably be my biggest soap dream come true (allthough I feel bad saying it because I LOVE SK). Just imagine RH as AJ pulling something like this on CarSon and actually being able to root for him. Hell, if they cant get SK or RH as A.J, I always though NotToddbutFrodd TSJ would be a good choice. Fuck, I just want AJ back in some form.

• Love 3

I thought the Michael/Carly scenes were too brief, honestly. They gave way too much fucking time over to Ron's pets, the Obrecht/Reeves dynasty - more Donna Mills roaming the hospital! More Obrecht weighing in on the twists of the day! More Nina giving speeches about fisting birth canals! (By the way, can someone please shoot Nina in the fucking head? This is the sort of moment where Ava would still have a gun nearby at all times and do it herself. This whole storyline is so fucking disgusting and Ron has done it a million times, and this is actually the most disgusting version of all.)

That being said, CD and LW were both great. I do think he played it very well, especially when he quietly said Franco was right: "You were serving Sonny when you weren't serving yourself." I just wish he'd had more to say. They didn't give him enough. Hopefully soon.

Oh, and: Shut up, Bobbie! I wish they'd give that character the simple dignity of quietly sitting her daughter down after the smoke clears on this and say, "Honey, I love you, but please be quiet. You knew what you did to A.J. just like you knew what you did to Tony and me." That would be Bobbie's real reaction AFAIC.

Kiki is fucking disgusting. Shut up, bitch. She's barely said a word and she needs to just not talk. I can't wait for Michael to find out she and his goat-ass brother knew.

• Love 6

I thought CD killed it. I loved everything he did. LW was also really great. And RH too, actually.

Morgan is a lost cause. I'm so sad. I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU MORGAN! He's deadtome.

I ffwd most of the Nina/Ava scenes again because I just can't, but from what I saw, MSt was actually pretty good. More quietly crazy, which would've worked better if she'd been like that all along.

Dr. O reading Sonny/Morgan was fun. I mean, she's evil too, but still. I love anyone who calls Sonny out.

• Love 8

I think Chad Duell did great with the anger parts. He has AJ's temper, for sure. I've been watching a lot of old AJ (with SK) and Jason clips on you tube. You can see a young SK in him. I'm referring to the era right before Sonny took over. AJ and Jason were new from boarding school or college. AJ was boxing and Jason was dating Karen. AJ used to not go off the rails completely (we all know how and why that happened). SK played him with a charm, a quiet cool, and a quiet yet passionate anger. Even the brothers fighting over a girl was done by AJ/Jason, but over a more quality girl (Keesha!), and not as stupid.

I do think Roger would have made a perfect AJ, as would TSJ. I think TSJ would be great as Franco. But Ron wants what Ron wants. His loss will be another show's gain.

Is Ava's baby Sonny or Morgan's? I swear to God that baby looked almost Sonny-Orange, which may have been the best thing about the episode, as much as Michael's explosion has been years in the making. 

It's a girl, so it's Morgan's. Sonny doesn't do the daughter thing. 

That wink should be on the list of Oprah's favourite things. Fuck you Carly. 

Dr. O reading Sonny/Morgan was fun. I mean, she's evil too, but still. I love anyone who calls Sonny out.

I respect her evil so much more than Sonny's. 

• Love 4

Michael disowning (and just owning) Carly was beautiful. But IA with jsbt, it should have lasted much longer. I'm sure Carly will try to harass Michael into forgiving her, so he'll have more opportunities to lay into her. And I cannot wait for his confrontation with Sonny!

• Love 6

I think we shall have a week of Micheal rage. If it ends up with Michael hitting the Q button and buying businesses, kicking Sonny out of SonnyBucks HQ, throwing the moochers out of Brownstone, getting the crypt cleaned, and a montage of him getting his furniture thrown out- I'll smile. Dante, you need to chill. Remember quote Tupac "Who shot you?"

I'm amused that the basis for paternity has come down to orangeness and gender. Isn't Sonny holding 45 for 20 years? Is he Victor Newman now? Hath he become the Grandpire?

• Love 3
I can't wait until that lying hypocrite bitch goes down in flames.

As if we'd ever be so lucky. She'll end up back in Morgan's arms as they both bemoan losing "Mikey's" love and trust, which really means access to his bank account and they will probably have to find another place to stay.

When did Michael ever consider Jax a parental figure? Granted I didn't watch for a good stretch of years but if there is any father figure he'll surely turn to, and another poster has already said so correctly I feel, it'll be Jason. Jason was his almost-Daddy for his whole life basically, if anything he'll be a thousand times more likely to want Jason to lean on.

I am sure a weepy Michael will end up in the Q crypt sobbing over the loss of the only two men who really "loved" him in his life, AJ and Jason and then Jakson will come wandering in wondering why this place feels so familiar...

• Love 4

It irritates me that Franco was the voice of the audience.  His spiel about Sonny and Carly only caring about themselves was spot on - it just sucks it came from Franco.

When Carly said she lied for Michael the correct response from Michael should have been "fuck you."  Even with the truth out there from their own voices she was still trying to manipulate Michael.  And Franco was the one trying to do that.  Is there no bottom to the awfulness of Carly and Sonny?

And Kiki was bugging me.  What was with the looks?  Wasn't she tired of lying to Michael?  Supposably Franco did her a fucked up favor.

And I loved Michael talking about AJ coming back for him and telling him he respected him.  I loved the fact that he sees the difference with how AJ treated him and his so called parents.

• Love 10

Ron, you have Michael tearing Sonny a new one the way he did Carly today and I'll lobby the damn Emmy committee for you.  Have Sonny put in cuffs and stuck in the smallest jail cell in Port Charles and I'll say nice things about you for an entire year.

Carly: you are evil and I will kill you.

An anvil hinting at a Who Killed Franco story?

I'm scared that, now that Magda's in the same place as Ava, we're going to find out Kiki is really Nina's.  Just say NO.

I wouldn't mind if Kiki turned out to be Nina's.  Would make it easier to write the both of them out together.

I hope Scotty isn't hesitating to act here because Franco could be arrested too.  Dude, fuck that.

Franco should turn himself in to Scott and say he'll turn state's evidence against Sonny in exchange for immunity.  Would love to see Sonny's face if that happened.

Today was made of so much win. Soaps as they should be.  And God help me, today I STILL like Franco.  I think I have to call the doctor.

Given that this is November sweeps, I know this good feeling is only temporary.  But I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

I remember sweeps used to be Sonny either defeating a "bad" mobster or saving the day somehow as the entire town lines up to kiss his disgusting ass.  I would be totally behind a new sweeps tradition of Sonny and Carly getting royally fucked over, again and again and again... just like they did A.J.

Yeah, her little speech about how what happened to Max is a given in Sonny's line of work was solid gold awesome.  Of course, then Show had to go and ruin it by having Sonny pretend to be reconsidering his life choices for two seconds and KIss-Ass Morgan being all, "Oh, No, Daddy, you're totes wonderful!"

• Love 4

I thought CD killed it. I loved everything he did. LW was also really great. And RH too, actually.

Morgan is a lost cause. I'm so sad. I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU MORGAN! He's deadtome.

Morgan will never be a lost cause to me as long as he's hot. I'm shallow like that. So probably, like, next week he will be deadtome. But no, seriously, look at where both Michael and Morgan were this time last year. There's always a chance for characters to climb out of their own holes of douchiness. Unless it's Franco.

Sadly I don't think Kiki will be much affected by Michael telling her off. She'll make put her hands up to her cheeks and make her "Home Alone" face and sneer-cry for a day, but she'll get over it when she has sex with Morgan a day later. I think she's been over Michael for a while now - probably not long after she moved in with Morgan her feelings for Michael turned completely platonic.

Yeah, her little speech about how what happened to Max is a given in Sonny's line of work was solid gold awesome.  Of course, then Show had to go and ruin it by having Sonny pretend to be reconsidering his life choices for two seconds and KIss-Ass Morgan being all, "Oh, No, Daddy, you're totes wonderful!"

I couldn't take that speech seriously coming from Dr O. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Well, the Michael/Carly scenes did live up to the billing. That was good soapy fun.

I don't expect it to last, I expect a Corinthos Family Christmas, but Sonny and Carly on the outside looking in will be sweet, however long it lasts.

I still wonder how Scott wasn't on the phone to the cops immediately. But that's me just thinking logically.

I remember Dr O loving Halloween, why isn't she celebrating? Or was last year's Halloween festivities just a forgotten plot point.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 2

Ron, you have Michael tearing Sonny a new one the way he did Carly today and I'll lobby the damn Emmy committee for you.  Have Sonny put in cuffs and stuck in the smallest jail cell in Port Charles and I'll say nice things about you for an entire year.

Does the PCPD have a closet with bars on it.  I guess a dog kennel from animal control would do in a pinch.

• Love 3
I am sure a weepy Michael will end up in the Q crypt sobbing over the loss of the only two men who really "loved" him in his life, AJ and Jason and then Jakson will come wandering in wondering why this place feels so familiar...

He'll see Jason's plaque and the memories will come flooding back.

I'm surprised Ava didn't shoot herself after Nina's horse story. Yikes. And how gross was it that Nina forces childbirth and then we got that piano music like it was some miracle. Sometimes the music cues on this show are so wrong.

I agree with everyone who thought the Michael/Carly stuff was too short. And then there's Lauren being all indignant toward Franco. STFU, little girl. You have no moral high ground here. 

There was a camera angle of KA and JZ that was particularly cruel to JZ's face. Her mouth looked so distorted.

Shawn can FUAD for letting Jordan think it's her fault Heather got loose. 

Yeah, her little speech about how what happened to Max is a given in Sonny's line of work was solid gold awesome.  Of course, then Show had to go and ruin it by having Sonny pretend to be reconsidering his life choices for two seconds and KIss-Ass Morgan being all, "Oh, No, Daddy, you're totes wonderful!"

It's Morgan. He's weak and desperate for Sonny's approval.

I love how Sonny is so contemptuous of Ava wanting to save herself. As if he doesn't always put himself first.

• Love 4

It was clearly yet another desperate attempt to make people love Obrecht. Unfortunately, they have her well-installed and with KG off-contract she is not going anywhere. I like her a lot, but what they are trying to do with her does not work.

Morgan is just a young idiot. Nothing he does surprises me or offends me that much, except when he pulls out his sarcastic little bitchface and attitude on every stranger he meets. I think his behavior comes from a real place, including siding with Sonny - he is so needy. I can take him or leave him but I think BC is fairly talented and worth keeping. Provided Morgan begs MIKEEEEEYYYY's forgiveness someday. Kiki, OTOH, must die. Her every action, facial expression and line of dialogue screams either FV or RC's take on the issues IMO - muddled, hypocritical and saccharine.

I thought Roger was awful today. Just hamming it up and clearly Ron Carlivati agrees with Franco's take - "I'm not the liar! Not like you and Sonny!" Shut the fuck up and get out, you piece of shit (Franco, not RH, though he should leave too).

Another actor would've played those scenes ice cold, really twisted the knife and been unafraid to get ugly. RH was just coasting and doing the old Rowr Rowr I'm Angry/Wacky Cartoon Todd thing which is so obnoxious coming from Franco.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Micheal's whole speech was made of win. I also love that he pointed out that when Carly wasn't being self serving, she was serving Sonny.

I loved everything about the Michael scenes that I felt like my face was on fire while watching.  But, now that I've had a chance to cool, I'm curious: do you believe Michael only just realized the truth in his speech (it took AJ dying) OR do you believe he really felt these things deep inside for some time? (overcompensating for their terribleness somehow).  I mean, would Michael really love his parents to fuck his apartment to death?

• Love 2

I think he knew some of this, on some level, deep down. I think he's known it a while now, subconsciously, maybe even before A.J. came back and he got a real eye opener and became more of a Quartermaine son last year. But he would always make excuses for them and their choices, as he did to Kiki a few weeks back. It's just the way he was raised to think and to defer to them. Jason didn't help, either. Jason always supported their bullshit party line and is just as culpable.

• Love 3
Morgan and Kiki can move into Sonny's house because after all Sonny will be in prison hopefully a prison hospital after Michael give him a good beat down.

Dante and Lulu should take over Greyballs. (And rip out the carpet and send the piece of it on which Dante lay bleeding to Sonny for him to make his cell in prison a little more home-like.) Kiki and Morgan can then move into their hovel of a loft (although I'm actually rather fond of the loft).

I thought Roger was awful today. Just hamming it up and clearly Ron Carlivati agrees with Franco's take - "I'm not the liar! Not like you and Sonny!" Shut the fuck up and get out, you piece of shit (Franco, not RH, though he should leave too).

Another actor would've played those scenes ice cold, really twisted the knife and been unafraid to get ugly. RH was just coasting and doing the old Rowr Rowr I'm Angry/Wacky Cartoon Todd thing which is so obnoxious coming from Franco.

Yeah. Although I don't think he was totally horrible, I do think he played a lot of it seriously, but not enough. And when RH gets wacky his voice gets really high and whiny. Annoying. I was also annoyed with the remorse on his face I saw on his face at times, although to be fair that could have been the director.

That was great! But I still have to think "All this because you were cheated on?". I wish I had a better reason to root for him because RH is playing the hell out of it, but he is still coming of as a petulant child when you think about it.

Oh, he's definitely acting like a big whiny child. All par for the course with this version of Franco. He acted like a high-schooler getting all excited that the head cheerleader asked him out all throughout the nice part of the relationship with Carly, and now he's acting like a high-schooler who got dumped the later that night at prom.

Heather!  Listen to Shawn.  Do EXACTLY as he says, okay?  Shawn says SHOOT HIM.  Do it.  I promise to get you BLT's until you explode.  Okay?

My standards for GH have become non-existent, which is probably why I can say I really enjoyed Michael's takedown of Carly.  I went back and watched those scenes several times, just to enjoy her flushed face of panic.  SO GOOD!  I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can because as we all know Michael's hatred of his parents will wear out faster than Orange Glow's spanx.  

And speaking of Mumbles the Moobster, did you all notice that his line delivery was particularly bad today?  He fumbled and stumbled in every scene.  That too, I found delightful.  Carly and Sonny have darkened my soul.

Nina - can't watch, won't watch.  

It pissed me off to hear Dr. O deliver the speech that rightfully belonged to Monica to give to Sonny.  She should have been the one to tell him off, particularly since she's about to find out that this middle-aged weasel killed her son.  That is, if Ron C. remembers to actually involve Monica in this storyline.

Right now I'm cheering on the SLS all the way!  I think I'll make popcorn myself to watch him take down Mumbles, and I'm breaking out the wine when goes after Mrs. Potato Head.

• Love 8

When will Michael find out that Kiki and Morgan knew that Sonny killed AJ?

Kiki was lying to his face by showing up at the wedding and not telling him, but has Morgan seen Michael since Ava told the two of them? I feel like that was a few hours ago, and now what started out as Morgan confronting Sonny about AJ's death ended abruptly with Max going to the hospital with a gunshot wound. So it kinda seems like the show has an 'out' about Morgan withholding that truth from him, because he just found out and wasn't actively lying to Michael's face (except about the Sonny and Carly affair). Unless Kiki says, "Morgan said we couldn't tell you what my mom told us because you would be destroyed."

Am I wrong on the timing? 

Combined, Shawn and Jordan are the dumbest and most boring people alive.

It pains me to say this because I do like Sean Blakemore and think he can do better and deserves it. And I think Vinessa Antoine is fun with less big hair and more scheming with the Jeromes. But as 'bad-good guys' doing bad-stupid things they are awful. They are idiots. And VA has way more chemistry with Super Swerve deVry than him.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Michael needs to call Jax ASAP, and ask him to take Joss away from this mess.

It's really ridiculous to not have Jax here for any of this.  His ex moved a serial killer into the house his daughter lives in, was set to marry said serial killer, and now all of the events of this week, which affect not only Joss, but Michael as well (and, partially, Morgan).  It's just nuts to not have Jax involved.  He'd want to yank Joss out of Carly's claws and be there for Michael, who has lost, to varying degrees, every other parental figure he's ever had.  Jax is literally the only parental figure he has left.  I know Morgan was closer to Jax, just because of their relative ages when Jax was married to Carly, but Michael has still been close to him, like when Jax risked coming back to PC (after he went in hiding and let Sonny believe he killed him) to support Michael (I want to say that was after Abby's death?) 

• Love 3

Kiki was lying to his face by showing up at the wedding and not telling him, but has Morgan seen Michael since Ava told the two of them? I feel like that was a few hours ago, and now what started out as Morgan confronting Sonny about AJ's death ended abruptly with Max going to the hospital with a gunshot wound. So it kinda seems like the show has an 'out' about Morgan withholding that truth from him, because he just found out and wasn't actively lying to Michael's face (except about the Sonny and Carly affair). Unless Kiki says, "Morgan said we couldn't tell you what my mom told us because you would be destroyed."

Am I wrong on the timing? 

In real time, no, you're not. But Morgan told Sonny on Friday or Monday that he and Kiki have known for weeks.

As if we'd ever be so lucky. She'll end up back in Morgan's arms as they both bemoan losing "Mikey's" love and trust, which really means access to his bank account and they will probably have to find another place to stay.

I can't wait for Michael to turn against Kiki.  Apart from Michael's rage against Sonny, I am most looking forward to him telling her off and throwing her out of HIS brownstone.  Go get a job!!

When did Michael ever consider Jax a parental figure? Granted I didn't watch for a good stretch of years but if there is any father figure he'll surely turn to, and another poster has already said so correctly I feel, it'll be Jason. Jason was his almost-Daddy for his whole life basically, if anything he'll be a thousand times more likely to want Jason to lean on.

I can never see this new pod Jason as the real Jason Morgan.  In fact, I don't really ever want to see him around Michael.  I don't recognize Jason at all, and the way Jake is acting all clownish around Liz is making me want to throw something at my screen.  As for Jax, he had a really great conversation with Michael just after Abby died, and he was the one that actually pulled Michael back from the brink of wanting to get into the mob.  It was a great scene between CD and IR.  Yes, Jason (SBu) was the real father figure to Michael, but since Jason is gone now, Michael is basically an orphan.

God no. I.Just.Can't.  Let Jake stay at Elizabeth's house - you know the perfect stranger who could be a serial killer that Liz has moved into her home with two young boys.

• Love 1

It's really ridiculous to not have Jax here for any of this.  His ex moved a serial killer into the house his daughter lives in, was set to marry said serial killer, and now all of the events of this week, which affect not only Joss, but Michael as well (and, partially, Morgan).  It's just nuts to not have Jax involved.  He'd want to yank Joss out of Carly's claws and be there for Michael, who has lost, to varying degrees, every other parental figure he's ever had.  Jax is literally the only parental figure he has left.  I know Morgan was closer to Jax, just because of their relative ages when Jax was married to Carly, but Michael has still been close to him, like when Jax risked coming back to PC (after he went in hiding and let Sonny believe he killed him) to support Michael (I want to say that was after Abby's death?) 

Yeah, but that was like the only time. I could certainly buy Jax coming to town and seeing the predicament Michael is and deciding to try to help him, but I'd be annoyed if they tried to sell me on Jax and Michael being particularly close the whole time before that. Before Jax flew in for that business, there was definitely kind of a reserve between them, although a lot of it was admittedly due to Michael keeping Jax at arms' length. And it was another reason why Michael's rant about Carly keeping that fact that she thought Jax MIGHT be alive was so absurd. There was this moment when Jax was telling Carly that he wanted custody of Joss, and said he wanted Morgan to come over all the time, and then he paused for like a full minute and said, " . . . . and Michael too, if he wants."

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

It was clearly yet another desperate attempt to make people love Obrecht. Unfortunately, they have her well-installed and with KG off-contract she is not going anywhere. I like her a lot, but what they are trying to do with her does not work.

I liked it because there was really nothing Sonny could say back to her. She's evil, but she owns it, so he can't call her out on it. She's not scared of him, and there's nothing he can do that will change her attitude toward him. While I will agree that Monica needs to be at the head of the list of people who get to rip Sonny a new one, there's something rather satisfying about a borderline psycho who is behaving professionally -- and possibly even sympathetically -- by calling out Sonny on his shit in a way that he can't deny. 

thought Roger was awful today. Just hamming it up and clearly Ron Carlivati agrees with Franco's take - "I'm not the liar! Not like you and Sonny!" Shut the fuck up and get out, you piece of shit (Franco, not RH, though he should leave too).

I've made my dislike for him known before, so I'm not unbiased, but I really tried to watch him today to see what he brought to the scene, since it was  The Reveal We've All Been Waiting For.  I didn't see as much as some others did. I agree that cold and icily understated would have been a lot more powerful than what I saw, which was just jilted boyfriend. 

• Love 5

I loved everything about the Michael scenes that I felt like my face was on fire while watching.  But, now that I've had a chance to cool, I'm curious: do you believe Michael only just realized the truth in his speech (it took AJ dying) OR do you believe he really felt these things deep inside for some time? (overcompensating for their terribleness somehow).  I mean, would Michael really love his parents to fuck his apartment to death?

I think Michael has always suspected, but Michael is also pretty damaged thanks to S&C.  I think he needed to believe that he was loved and that he came first, but today really made him realize how little his "parents" respected him.  From learning that his father had sex in his father's crypt AFTER he killed him, to his parents having sex in his apartment WHILE they talked about killing AJ and covering it up.  Then Michael realizes that Carly was told by AJ that Sonny killed him while on his deathbed.  AJ's dying words were to Carly, and she just lied.  Michael also realizes that AJ died trying to name his killer and not in a peaceful way as Michael was lead to believe.  THEN when he thinks about how both his parents lied, comforted him, helped him plan the funeral, and all the while, they were behind AJ's death.  The level and extent of their betrayal and their disrespect to Michael (and to AJ) is what made Michael finally see the truth, imo.

• Love 15
God no. I.Just.Can't.  Let Jake stay at Elizabeth's house - you know the perfect stranger who could be a serial killer that Liz has moved into her home with two young boys.

Imagine this story if Billy Miller was playing Franco.

• Love 1

I liked it because there was really nothing Sonny could say back to her. She's evil, but she owns it, so he can't call her out on it. She's not scared of him, and there's nothing he can do that will change her attitude toward him. While I will agree that Monica needs to be at the head of the list of people who get to rip Sonny a new one, there's something rather satisfying about a borderline psycho who is behaving professionally -- and possibly even sympathetically -- by calling out Sonny on his shit in a way that he can't deny. 

I don't think Sonny didn't reply though because he couldn't deny what Obrecht said, but because what is there to say to a nutjob like Obrecht? As much as she doesn't care about his opinion, he doesn't care about hers either.

I can never see this new pod Jason as the real Jason Morgan.  In fact, I don't really ever want to see him around Michael.  I don't recognize Jason at all, and the way Jake is acting all clownish around Liz is making me want to throw something at my screen.  As for Jax, he had a really great conversation with Michael just after Abby died, and he was the one that actually pulled Michael back from the brink of wanting to get into the mob.  It was a great scene between CD and IR.  Yes, Jason (SBu) was the real father figure to Michael, but since Jason is gone now, Michael is basically an orphan.

I'm right there with you, Bishop. Jax is an afterthought with his own daughter, let alone his relationship with Morgan and Michael at this point.

And I've made it no secret how I feel about Michael and Jason both, but "Jake" is just a no go for me on every level. To think of them bonding again under the previously established relationship is just...  Ron seems to be setting Jakson up on a collision course to "Reclaim his Qness" and I...it's disheartening to even think about.

Who needs AJ when there's fake Jason to take over...GTFO, Ron.

God no. I.Just.Can't.  Let Jake stay at Elizabeth's house - you know the perfect stranger who could be a serial killer that Liz has moved into her home with two young boys.

Ron: "But he stole crayons for her! If that isn't true love then what is??"

I remember Dylan Cash's Michael taking to Jax a fair bit, as much as I tried to block Dylan Cash out. My viewing became very sporadic later on and I cede to ulkis on a lot of this stuff. I recall less of Michael and Jax after that - Drew Garrett's was very volatile, and they tried hard to push Chad the same way early on under Guza - but I think Jax always tried his best for both of those boys, even if he was closer to Morgan.

I do think Michael recognized, the older he got, how much of a safe harbor the Jacks household was even if he was never as tight with Jax. Especially in the last few years, Chad's Michael has always had a sort of weary but loving attitude about Sonny and Carly and their nonsense, like, 'yeah, these are my parents, what are you gonna do.' I do think Jax should be back for this, if only to comfort Michael, tell Carly off and go for custody of Joss (which he should get). Morgan is unreachable at the moment, though I know he loves Jax.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

Finally caught up. Since I haven't been watching as long, my focus isn't really on the reveal. I thought it was pretty well done though. CD did a decent job, not Emmy worthy or anything, but okay. Kiki looked like a gaping moron as usual, LW did very well, and I'm glad everyone else kind of just took off. I'll enjoy seeing Michael ream out Sonny, because it's been a long time coming and is deserved. I still don't have any overwhelming love for Michael though. He's just...there.

And yeah, I liked Obrecht's dismissal of Sonny. Does it make her less of a bad person? No. Does it make her have moral ground over him? No. But he's an ass, and she appropriately called him on it. He's also the stupidest idiot on the face of the planet (no wonder Morgan's so dumb). He really thinks Ava's going to come over guns blazing in her pregnant state after she's had problems, when she KNOWS Sonny is gunning for her? How does this guy get up in the morning, let alone become the biggest kingpin of the Eastern seaboard? Idiot.

So, my biggest reason for watching is Ava, due to MW. As gross and putridly disgusting as these scenes have been (it's not that far off from what Franco did to Sam), Maura has just been fantastic. She even makes this dreck tolerable, as much as it can be. All that acting of hers without saying a word. Her expression after the horse story today was gold. Hate Ava if you want, but Maura is just damn good.

Silas and Nathan are complete idiots, to go through the entire hour and not have clue one as to where Nina could possibly be.

• Love 12

All that acting of hers without saying a word. Her expression after the horse story today was gold.

I laughed my ass off at that shot. Her face! It should be immortalized.

And yeah, Jesus, they are stupid. Hmm, where could she be?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

re: the Jax/Michael stuff, I just remembered some RIDICULOUS speech Michael had once about how Jax was no better than Sonny and busted out some examples and one of them was that Jax had companies that mined for blood diamonds in Africa. Does anyone remember when/where that was?

• Love 1
I don't think Sonny didn't reply though because he couldn't deny what Obrecht said, but because what is there to say to a nutjob like Obrecht? As much as she doesn't care about his opinion, he doesn't care about hers either.

Couldn't agree more. Sonny knows what she's done why the hell would he give a second thought to what another psycho has to say to him? Again, a terrible character pitted against a horrible one, it's a lose lose.

Where the fuck is Monica? That is someone who has every right, rhyme, and reason to blast him about his lifestyle. It could be the lead up to her reaction once she finds out he killed AJ...I have to have something to look forward to.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

re: the Jax/Michael stuff, I just remembered some RIDICULOUS speech Michael had once about how Jax was no better than Sonny and busted out some examples and one of them was that Jax had companies that mined for blood diamonds in Africa. Does anyone remember when/where that was?

Oh, my God. One night with Bob Guza at the Redbox booth at CVS in like 2009 (or whenever Blood Diamond came out)* and there we are!

(*2006, close enough)

I love Monica but Sonny has heard it all before from her and every other decent person in town. He doesn't care about them. The only people that would shake him are Michael and maybe Jason.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

While I'm happy if Michael is going to finally, permanently cut his toxic parents out of his life, I just can't get too jazzed about any of this.

If Sonny stays on the show they won't let him languish in jail like he deserves. And I'll be shocked if the actor leaves - I think he should, because even he can't enjoy Sonny at this point, but he probably likes the steady paycheck.

I also can't get too excited about Dr O and Franco telling off Sonny. Settle down, both of you: you are both pieces of shit who shouldn't still exist. Sonny deserves several life terms in prison, but these two sickos aren't any better.

(I would however like a scene where Monica calmly drops a brick into her handbag and then proceeds to beat Sonny bloody with it.)

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 6
Silas and Nathan are complete idiots, to go through the entire hour and not have clue one as to where Nina could possibly be.

Ava delivered an umbilical-cordless baby, it's a wonder they didn't start hunting underneath Nathan's couch for her or whistling as if they were summoning Lassie.

Ron is writing as if his audience is a bunch of five year olds who care little to nothing for common sense and logic and things happening that could in the real world and not Asgard, if I weren't so drunk I'd probably feel insulted.

I love Monica but Sonny has heard it all before from her and every other decent person in town. He doesn't care about them. The only people that would shake him are Michael and maybe Jason.

What  I am saying is that it'd be nice to see someone with a real gripe and reason to hate Sonny lash into him and not the crazy ass doctor who has kidnapped and nearly killed mothers herself, just to name one of her many crimes.

Let someone preach to Sonny who isn't on his level if not beneath it, and to me she is.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Yeah, but that was like the only time. I could certainly buy Jax coming to town and seeing the predicament Michael is and deciding to try to help him, but I'd be annoyed if they tried to sell me on Jax and Michael being particularly close the whole time before that. Before Jax flew in for that business, there was definitely kind of a reserve between them, although a lot of it was admittedly due to Michael keeping Jax at arms' length. And it was another reason why Michael's rant about Carly keeping that fact that she thought Jax MIGHT be alive was so absurd. There was this moment when Jax was telling Carly that he wanted custody of Joss, and said he wanted Morgan to come over all the time, and then he paused for like a full minute and said, " . . . . and Michael too, if he wants."

Like I said, though, I think the extent of their relationships was kind of a function of their ages when he came into their lives.  Jax was, essentially, Morgan's father.  He was even in the process of adopting him before the divorce.  As such, I think he views Morgan more as his child and Michael is more of the older stepson.  He loves him, and he's made it clear he'll be there for him, but he doesn't presume a parental role like he does with Morgan.  And he also respects whatever distance Michael has established, but, I don't think that is a reflection of his feelings towards Michael, in a negative connotation, as much as just the respect you have, as a step-parent, for the boundaries and relationship that child shows a preference for.  

And, like I said, since these events affect all three of the kids, it makes zero sense for Jax to not be there, especially when you add in that a lot of this is happening because of Sonny (and Franco and Carly).  Sonny has killed Michael's father, he screwed Morgan's girlfriend (literally over AJ's dead body), who is now pregnant with either Morgan or Sonny's child, and he's been sleeping with Carly, while Franco was living in her house, with Joss, driving all this Franco revenge stuff.  Jax would want to be there to rip Sonny a new one and watch him (hopefully) finally go down for his crimes, but especially so when those crimes are affecting the kids Jax loves. 

• Love 4