Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Hater said:
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What is Scout's last name? If anyone should have Drew's name, she should.

She has his name.

Does she?  When she was born Drew was still Jason and she was named Emily Scout Morgan.  Did they officially change it to Emily Scout Cain?  Hell, does Drew still use the last name Cain? We never, ever hear it.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Does she?  When she was born Drew was still Jason and she was named Emily Scout Morgan.  Did they officially change it to Emily Scout Cain?  Hell, does Drew still use the last name Cain? We never, ever hear it.  

It was changed last year when Drew officially took Cain, they changed her birth certificate. 

What's so pathetic is it's been almost 2 years and the audience still has no idea how Drew became "Cain."  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Do we think Michael has exposed Carly and the baby to something possibly life-threatening? And if so, will it tock the baby or be a dumb fake out?

I don't think it had anything to do with Carly/baby.  I think it was a huge plot point to get Sasha on meds and delirious enough to admit the truth, which Michael overheard.  Does he keep her secret because he likes her or does he spill the beans.  

Also, what kind of meds does one give to reduce a fever that causes delirium?  

Edited by perkie1968
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Hater said:

It was changed last year when Drew officially took Cain, they changed her birth certificate. 

Really?   Totally missed that, thank you!

Also, Scout Cain sounds like an industrial solvent.  "I used some Scout Cain to get the rust of my boat".  

Edited by perkie1968
  • LOL 4

I don't know which disgusted me more: Sonny referring to Carly as "Mommy" to Avery or Oscar calling the robot "Uncle Jason."

Oh, and great, Lulu's back already and raring to be Girl Reporter Extraordinaire yet again.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Biologically he is, since he's Alan's grandson.  

Well biologically Jason is as well but he doesn't give a crap about his Q family members, so I don't consider him a Quartermaine either.  He's more Jason Corinthos- Sonny and Carly's butt plug.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, and great, Lulu's back already

I was so confused by this.  Lulu seems fine after the attach but weeks later, reacts to Kevin, so Laura tells her to go to Paris to find herself.  It sounds like she'll be gone awhile, to the point where Valentin hires expensive lawyer Nora to try and change the custody agreement since Lulu has "abandoned" Charlotte.  Yet, less than 2 weeks later, Lulu is back, happy as a clam, ready to take on the world again like nothing happend.  What the what?  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

Well biologically Jason is as well but he doesn't give a crap about his Q family members, so I don't consider him a Quartermaine either.  He's more Jason Corinthos- Sonny and Carly's butt plug.

Jason's an idiot.  

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
32 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, and great, Lulu's back already

I was so confused by this.  Lulu seems fine after the attach but weeks later, reacts to Kevin, so Laura tells her to go to Paris to find herself.  It sounds like she'll be gone awhile, to the point where Valentin hires expensive lawyer Nora to try and change the custody agreement since Lulu has "abandoned" Charlotte.  Yet, less than 2 weeks later, Lulu is back, happy as a clam, ready to take on the world again like nothing happend.  What the what?  

I know. I didn't expect Lulu to slink back into town, but her whole demeanor was way too chipper for why she left in the first place. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. I didn't expect Lulu to slink back into town, but her whole demeanor was way too chipper for why she left in the first place. 

And she seems to be totally okay that Dante left her to get therapy for who knows how long.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Hater said:

Well biologically Jason is as well but he doesn't give a crap about his Q family members, so I don't consider him a Quartermaine either.  

Oscar is a kid who has never been disrespectful to the Quartermaines; it's a completely different situation than Jason. He had a bonding moment with Ned about music when they met, gets along with Olivia, has a relationship with Grandma Monica, and values having Drew in his life. He chose to spend what time he has left living in the Q mansion. That shows he appreciates the Quartermaine Family, as opposed to Jason who every once in a while - maybe once a year? - will have a nice moment with Monica while either ignoring the existence of the other Q family members or treating them like they're crap on his shoe, i.e. not worth his time. 

• Love 10

Sasha has to be Nina's daughter -- she wears her dresses two sizes too tight, they must be related.

Lulu, I missed you not.  What is it with Paris that people go there and turn around and come home?  Didn't Sam go there to find herself for a minute?  Couldn't Lulu just be offscreen for a week?

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I doubt the Corinthi are anti vaxers.

Didn't Carly mumble something about 'open mindedness' yesterday's episode?  It wouldn't be surprising to see Michael Quartermaine exposing Carly to measles and Michael Corinthos rewarding his mother and the guy who murdered his dad with lucas/brad's kid.

Edited by sunnyface
Carly
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

She left on the verge of a nervous breakdown and came back like she was returning from her honeymoon.  Very weird.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Count me in on the confusion. Lulu goes away to Paris to recover from being almost murdered by her stepfather's brother and her husband leaving her indefinitely, important things happen while she is gone and her first person she sees when she returns is Peter?

What was the point of Valentin being a douche-canoe and trying to sneak full custody if Lulu doesn't find out about it?

• Love 3

I know ER left for BTS reasons but someone should have noticed that Lulu left traumatized. It's not like she decided to take a vacation day at a spa.

4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

What was the point of Valentin being a douche-canoe and trying to sneak full custody if Lulu doesn't find out about it?

Filler for us to worry about. Because other that Fake Daughter and Charlotte custody, there's nothing else for Valentin to do on this show. Thus have the Cassadines fallen. At least give him something dubious about Mikkos to tie into Aleixis' dropped storyline for heaven's sake.

7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't know which disgusted me more: Sonny referring to Carly as "Mommy" to Avery or Oscar calling the robot "Uncle Jason."

The former is worse. Oscar may pay more attention to the Quartermaine connection that Jason does but at least it's there. Carly is not Avery's mother, Ava is, and she's still around and seeing her child. If it has to be something, then "Aunt Carly" (as Joss calls him "Uncle Sonny") or blech "Mommy Carly". Don't screw up the kid even more.

The Corinthii specialize in stealing other people's children. When was the last time Joss spoke about her father?

• Love 11

I stopped watching GH for years because it got so boring and ridiculous as far as the plots were concerned. With so many soaps being shut down, I decided to try GH again. I have really, really tried to get interested in it one more time. Except for Genie Francis being brought back, there is absolutely nothing that will keep me watching. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When was the last time Joss spoke about her father?

When the teens were planning their trip to Niagara Falls.  Cam and Oscar had no money, but Joss said Jax had given her a secret stash to use for "fun"things.  She paid for the trip.  

• Love 3

She also talked about him when they were looking at stars last summer so I'll grant that he does get mentioned. But Sonny had Jax banned from the US so I still stand by my claim that Sonny and Carly steal children.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Biologically he is, since he's Alan's grandson.  

A retcon biological Quartermaine. The character is worthless with that terrible actor playing him.Maybe if they had recast him again.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I know ER left for BTS reasons but someone should have noticed that Lulu left traumatized.

We don't know why they wrote Lulu off for two weeks. imo it was so short it was probably just some sort of plot point.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ulkis said:
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Couldn't Lulu just be offscreen for a week?

She was. 😛 It was 8 episodes I think.

I meant without having to come up with an explanation for her absence. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She also talked about him when they were looking at stars last summer so I'll grant that he does get mentioned. But Sonny had Jax banned from the US so I still stand by my claim that Sonny and Carly steal children.

Sonny had him unbanned like two years ago

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, and great, Lulu's back already and raring to be Girl Reporter Extraordinaire yet again.

Oscar and Jason get along and Jason is his uncle so there's nothing wrong with calling him uncle

• LOL 1
On 4/26/2019 at 1:06 PM, truthaboutluv said:

This is so nauseating. Oscar barely knows Jason seeing as he only got to know Drew, his father, a year or so ago. Or whatever the hell the timeline is on this show. And yet one of his dying wishes is for his father to have some brotherly bond with the man he, Oscar barely knows and Drew himself doesn't give any fucks about. And I'm sure the same goes for Jason towards Drew. 

Like what is the point of this stupidity? Far as I can tell, online Jason fans dislike or are indifferent to Drew and Billy Miller, especially once all was made right in the world with Sam back as his devoted, lifeless lapdog. Drew fans don't give a fuck about a relationship with Jason either and Miller fans either want him to move on or get a real damn story line. Who is this nonsense appealing to? And not even Miller's "I hate everyone" facial reactions is enough to make this stupidity make sense. 

This is one of the many, and I do mean many, reasons this show sucks so much ass. No one is allowed to hate or even at the least be indifferent to these fuckers. Why can't Drew continue living his life treating Jason, Carly and others as the non-entities they are. I guess he has to have some type of relationship with Sam since she is the mother of his child and well he did love her at one point. But Jason - who cares?

Because Drew was best friends with Carly back when he was Jake and he was friends with Carson when he was Jason.

• LOL 1
On 4/25/2019 at 3:40 PM, ouinason said:

I would love it if Sam's discomfort with her scheme leads her to realize that she's not actually comfortable with this life she backtracked her way into anymore.  That she was right when she was with Drew and let nostalgia shove her back into a life that doesn't fit who she is anymore.  This would be self actualization and growth for the character, and actual internal strife for the JaSam relationship, so it can't happen.

In your dreams

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, gp1999 said:

In your dreams

Yeah... emotional growth for any of these characters is sort of a pipe dream at this point.

My husband and our roommate had an argument about GH last night.  I think I need to stop watching around them, they are getting heated, lol.  Apparently my husband believes that the K-Drama "Goblin" is more realistic than GH, and Nick vehemently disagrees.  They are able to argue plot points, which is concerning.

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, gp1999 said:

Because Drew was best friends with Carly back when he was Jake and he was friends with Carson when he was Jason.

Yes and he stopped being friends with them when they got their lapdog back and Carly especially made it clear how disposable he now was to her. There were actual scenes with Drew and Carly and Drew and Sonny, where it was made clear he wanted nothing to do with them anymore.

But more importantly, what does any of that have to do with him and Jason? Why is it necessary for Drew and Jason to have any relationship beyond a cordial one? And even that may be a stretch.

Far as I can tell, those two have nothing in common beyond falling in love with the same women and they don't seem interested in wanting anything to do with each other, which is fine. Miller and Burton's on screen chemistry is all but nonexistent, to where it's hard to buy Drew and Jason could ever be friends much less brothers. 

The whole thing is forced and complete bullshit to satisfy the writers' need to force Jason in any every aspect of the show because he and  his stupid t-shirts are just so damn "special".

Oscar's impending death cannot simply be Drew's storyline of dealing with a dying son he only just recently found out about. Oh no, let's shove the dullard in there as well so it becomes about Drew and Jason becoming "brothers". Whatever. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

The whole write off ER was so dramatic & such a plot point. Laura & Maxie having major goodbyes. It’s like she was really gonna be away a long time. Then less than 2 weeks later she’s back and fresh as a daisy. I don’t even think it needed to mention that she was leaving. It’s almost like she intended it to be gone longer and then whatever was happening didn’t take as long or didn’t happen at all. She must have begged FV to let her return. Then throw in in the Valentin and OLTL Nora custody storyline fail. Very odd. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Lulu appears to rebound quickly.  I think back to 2013 and how quickly she became her perky, bubbly persona after her ordeal with amnesia.   Then it didn't ring true and it doesn't now.  I prefer to see a bit of lingering emotion from any oreal - not dwelling in the darkness but showing subtle signs that the darkness happened.  Maintaining emotional continuity. 

Oh well ...  

• Love 1

So it took me three days to watch Friday’s episode. I kept falling asleep every time I tried to watch.  This doesn’t bode well for future viewing...

ETA: I adore BM but if he can’t even muster up a real smile for what are supposed to be Drew’s last photos with his son, then maybe it’s time for him to just leave. You know it’s bad when Burton’s smile is more genuine than Billy’s 

Edited by Sake614
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So it took me three days to watch Friday’s episode. I kept falling asleep every time I tried to watch.  This doesn’t bode well for future viewing...

ETA: I adore BM but if he can’t even muster up a real smile for what are supposed to be Drew’s last photos with his son, then maybe it’s time for him to just leave. You know it’s bad when Burton’s smile is more genuine than Billy’s 

He has smiled plenty of times with his kid throughout this awful storyline.  In fact it's in character for Drew to be mopey at this point.

He can leave because they refuse to do anything for the character not because he's not smiling.   GH wasted multiple opportunities to write a story and instead we got Oscar.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

But more importantly, what does any of that have to do with him and Jason?

A teenage boy is dying, and wants everyone in his family to value each other. It doesn't surprise me.  It seems like his mindset is: "How can my life have more meaning? I can bring my dad and his only living sibling together! I'm pushing this for Dad's sake; he will need someone to lean on when I die." Oscar was already trying to look out for his parents and grandmother in their grief, by asking Ned and Olivia to handle the memorial/funeral using the instructions he handed them.

As far as the "Uncle Jason" thing, that doesn't surprise me either. Jason is in fact Drew's bio brother and therefore is Oscar's uncle. He knows that Joss has "Uncle Lucas" and Cam has "Aunt Lulu." His girlfriend and friend have always had siblings, aunt or uncle, grandparents, etc. He did not, until recently in history. So having an uncle, a grandmother, etc. is a novelty.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm pushing this for Dad's sake; he will need someone to lean on when I die."

And for that Drew has his friend Curtis, his friend Elizabeth, annoying as it is, yes even Franco who he considers a friend, his mother Monica, Oscar's mother Kim who will be the one person who would really know what he's experiencing as it would have been their son.

The person for that would not be a guy he has had nothing but a cordial relationship with. All the rationalizing will not convince me that this is anything more than some bullshit to stick Burton into the story because the writers need to make him the most important person in everything. 

God forbid anything major happens on canvas that he isn't a part of, just sucking up air.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

The person for that would not be a guy he has had nothing but a cordial relationship with.

I'm not sure their relationship is even cordial. They aren't actively antagonistic toward each other, but it's not like they'd share a table at Kelly's if they both happened to find themselves there for a BLT.

I wonder if Oscar realizes that Jason would shoot Drew in a heartbeat if necessary.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if Oscar realizes that Jason would shoot Drew in a heartbeat if necessary.

I wonder if Sam realizes that or if it would even matter to her. The way they write Sam as not caring about anything or anyone but Jason/Sonny/Carly, I doubt it.

• Love 2

Burton has the highest episode minimum counts, along with Maurice so he needs to be shoehorned into every single storyline.  Meanwhile the Jason character hasn't had one storyline since he arrived.  He's walking around like an idiot in that stupid black T shirt and jeans. The show got this guy back and have done nothing with him.   After a 3 month increase in ratings, they have tanked to the lowest levels.   I think it's quite fitting for this sideshow.

Let's see how fast GH gets to consistent 1.4 in the ratings  continuing on this path...it's coming soon imo.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

I still find it laughable that TPTB think that a Carly/Sonny pregnancy will entice us all back into this nonsense. This is just a stupid story line. We do not care. Can I make that any more clear to you, GH? We DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEM. Thanks a bunch.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I still find it laughable that TPTB think that a Carly/Sonny pregnancy will entice us all back into this nonsense. This is just a stupid story line. We do not care. Can I make that any more clear to you, GH? We DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEM. Thanks a bunch.

This November will mark 20 years of this toxic mess. Think about that. TWENTY YEARS.

4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And for that Drew has his friend Curtis, his friend Elizabeth, annoying as it is, yes even Franco who he considers a friend, his mother Monica, Oscar's mother Kim who will be the one person who would really know what he's experiencing as it would have been their son.

The person for that would not be a guy he has had nothing but a cordial relationship with. All the rationalizing will not convince me that this is anything more than some bullshit to stick Burton into the story

I totally agree with you. I'm just saying that stupid/naive thinking from a well-meaning teenage boy in this situation does not surprise me - especially after Cam (same words apply) tried to buy marijuana a few months ago for Oscar.

I was a little surprised when Cam said to all of them "the Quartermaines are crazy." Does he realize that his brother Jake is a Q because he's Jason's son? I think it would be cool to see Cam snark at/shade Jason for never coming around to see Jake. 

• Love 3
On 4/27/2019 at 9:47 PM, ulkis said:

We don't know why they wrote Lulu off for two weeks. imo it was so short it was probably just some sort of plot point.

I thought ER wanted time off to be with her sister who is undergoing cancer treatment. The way they were setting up the goodbyes, it was like she was going to be gone for months. I guess her sister found herself better sooner, at least I hope that's the reason.

Still, it should have been acknowledged on the show that Lulu had a reason for leaving and then coming back again so soon.

23 hours ago, gp1999 said:

He still had Jax banned though so that he couldn't visit his daughter, couldn't be there for her school prom or graduation etc. It  was such a very stupid storyline  but it also showed what revolting character Sonny is because he was jealous of Carly and Jax.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He still had Jax banned though so that he couldn't visit his daughter, couldn't be there for her school prom or graduation etc. It  was such a very stupid storyline  but it also showed what revolting character Sonny is because he was jealous of Carly and Jax.

Wasn't the only reason Carly and Jax were even together because Carly had caught Sonny sleeping with....the girl before Margaux? Some lawyer?

10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Wasn't the only reason Carly and Jax were even together because Carly had caught Sonny sleeping with....the girl before Margaux? Some lawyer?

It was Nelle and it was faked by her.

But originally they got together after Courtney died and she was helping him care for Spencer who everyone thought was his son. Carly had already divorce Sonny and then Alcazar before she hooked with Jax.

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:25 PM, gp1999 said:

Not to mention when Jax was suing Carly for custody of baby Joss and Sonny set him up to look like he raped a woman.  There is no bottom for that low-life.  

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Not to mention when Jax was suing Carly for custody of baby Joss and Sonny set him up to look like he raped a woman.  There is no bottom for that low-life.  

Don't forget that Carly went crying to Sonny about how she was going to "lose Joss" to Jax, and his reaction was to have someone disable Jax's airplane. The plane crashed, and for some time nobody knew if Jax had survived. The one bit satisfying moment in all that was Alexis handing Carly divorce papers and telling her off when Carly then said "we need to keep the kids away from Sonny."

I wish someone would tell Joss about that. She should want nothing to do with "Uncle Sonny" for multiple reasons. And Carly telling Laura that she doesn't regret "standing by Sonny" shows that she never respected Jax. Joss should know that, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Seems like an odd choice to pull out Milo to assist with undercover DoD recon. We see him so very infrequently that newer viewers could easily not get the connection or understand who he is. At the same time, the character does have a long-established relationship with Sonny, and if Shiloh had done any homework on Sonny/Jason he should recognize Milo. But this whole thing hinges on Shiloh being an idiot, so what the fuck do I know.

I hate Sonny's new kitchen set. A couple of mobsters discussing the business and kidnapping and safe houses is not suddenly made quaint just because they're in the presence of fruit bowls and crocks of flour. 

I just cannot with Lucy. It's bad enough that it's the time of year she bugs the shit out me with Nurses' Ball talk, and now there's this mess with Ava and Kevin. Getting upset about the apartment is one thing; being openly snide to Ava and judging what she believes is Kevin's decision to be with Ava is another. Delivering a huge hissy fit and threatening the end of a friendship the moment Kevin's choices don't align with what Lucy wants for him sure makes it seem like their bond is conditional on Lucy's approval and deference, and that's just not fair IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

Seems like an odd choice to pull out Milo to assist with undercover DoD recon. We see him so very infrequently that newer viewers could easily not get the connection or understand who he is. At the same time, the character does have a long-established relationship with Sonny, and if Shiloh had done any homework on Sonny/Jason he should recognize Milo. But this whole thing hinges on Shiloh being an idiot, so what the fuck do I know.

God forbid anybody be onto what the Quad of Suck is doing at any given time.  Even if this show insists on having them always come out the winner, it would at least be a bit of a story if there was some drama because they were found out.  And now they've brought that idiot Milo into it?  Jesus.

5 minutes ago, Linny said:

I hate Sonny's new kitchen set. A couple of mobsters discussing the business and kidnapping and safe houses is not suddenly made quaint just because they're in the presence of fruit bowls and crocks of flour. 

I hate it, too.  So generic.  Also, we're clearly supposed to be impressed with Avery's artwork on the refrigerator.  Sonny and Carly are SUCH good parents, y'all.  

• Love 4

I guess the Corinthos kitchen is the new set du jour.

Milo as the help for Sam at DoD isn't the worst idea. I ranted in the Spoilers thread (without knowing the context) that Pip wouldn't put up with Milo joining a cult, so I'm glad it's a fake out. Milo isn't actively working for Sonny as security, is he? So Shiloh wouldn't necessarily recognize him.

I really hope Kristina's Pledge is about Alexis just so Sonny realizes he's not the center of every single universe. But if Sonny and Jason are so convinced Kristina knows nothing actionable for the cops, what's the big deal?

• Love 2