Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Why doesn't Madeline/Magda start making her own plan to get rid of, get rid of, her daughter?

Her sister Leisel is a doctor who has no trouble, personally, with drugging people (although, it's understandable that as COS at GH that she has to discipline people at GH who intentionally give the wrong drugs to patients).  And she didn't seem to feel any deep blood tie to her niece when they met the other day.

It'd be it a whole lot easier on all of us if Nina fell on top of a medicine cart that contained a deadly dose of … something … that would render her comatose, comatose forever.

• Love 5

Why doesn't Madeline/Magda start making her own plan to get rid of, get rid of, her daughter?

Her sister Leisel is a doctor who has no trouble, personally, with drugging people (although, it's understandable that as COS at GH that she has to discipline people at GH who intentionally give the wrong drugs to patients).  And she didn't seem to feel any deep blood tie to her niece when they met the other day.

It'd be it a whole lot easier on all of us if Nina fell on top of a medicine cart that contained a deadly dose of … something … that would render her comatose, comatose forever.

Give her ebola.  Even if she recovers, we would have had 21 days of her in quarentine.

Edited by CookieBud
  • Love 4

After that weekly promo came out, I was convinced that Nina & Franco were being painted as the heroes we are supposed to root to. But now, after three shows this week I am convinced that we are supposed to see Sonny, Franco, and Nina as villains and that Carly will be whitewashed as a victim.

I also think we are seeing the rehabilitation of Silas.

I guess LW and ME are more shrewd at backstage politics than others.

• Love 1

And she (Dr. O) didn't seem to feel any deep blood tie to her niece when they met the other day.

She said she was helping Nina and Magda out because Nathan cares about Nina.  But really, if Dr. O wants to score some points with Nathan, she should sell both Nina and Magda out to him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I never thought Michael sticking around hinged solely on coupling with Kelly. He is well involved with the Ava story, the Nina's mess, if they ever come back to him wanting to know who used Rafe to get to Patrick, and his daughter, unfortunately, is Kiki. Silas has quite a few ties to PC to keep him around.

Couldn't Scew up Sean shoot ,Michael .? A bullet to the head, and Sean screaming he is SOOOOOry. Sonny reeping what he sows for a change. Everyone knowing what he contracted for. CArley would probably blame Franco, and but Sonny was really at fault. Then Jakson could come out of his stupor and just take them all out..The show might even be watchable then. Maybe!

I never thought Michael sticking around hinged solely on coupling with Kelly. He is well involved with the Ava story, the Nina's mess, if they ever come back to him wanting to know who used Rafe to get to Patrick, and his daughter, unfortunately, is Kiki. Silas has quite a few ties to PC to keep him around.

So far I think Ava's the only one with whom he has chemistry, and I don't think she's long for the show.  It's too bad, that was a wasted opportunity.

Kiki's dress looked nice. (I'm trying to be nice here.)

Trying to be nice again, but I thought Laura Wright looked beautiful today. Her makeup was on point. 

How hilarious would it be if we saw Shawn fire his gun and the bullet go flying out a window.  And then, like twenty minutes later in the episode, we see the bullet come through a window at GH and right through Felix's head!

They could do a whole "special episode" where, at the start, we see a close up slow-mo shot of the bullet leaving the gun, and then we get an hour of various scenes around town, interspersed with slow-mo shots of the bullet moving through the air, until, at the end of the episode, it crashes through the window into one of the day's scenes.  

• Love 6

I saw him groping? caressing? kneading? Ava's arm today and thought, "hmmmm." He was disgusted by the sight of this woman when they first appeared on canvas. So, now, are we being asked to believe that's his doctorly bedside manner (which he was established as NOT having when he first appeared)? 

Personally, I thought "wandering peen." 

Where the hell did Kiki get the money to buy custom made cuff links for Franco?

re: her explanation of the initials on the cufflinks -- does she really think most men have their first name initial on one cufflink and their surname initial on the other?

(Heading for the barge for a drink and to lament the days gone by when people were able to pick up little things about etiquette and other civilized behavior from TV shows.)

• Love 1

Morgan and Anna, both doing some truth-telling today!  And Morgan was looking extremely good today.

I'm really looking forward to Michael finding out the truth.  And I think we just may get some of the Michael and Morgan teaming up against their parents that I was asking for!  I really want the fallout to last for a while and maybe even change the relationship dynamics permanently, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because we can never have nice things.

Where did Nina get oxytocin?

• Love 2

I just skimmed through Anna's and Sonny's scenes on youtube, and I caught the end of the show. All I can say is:

Shawn Butler. You have GOT to be the worst hitman ever. Seriously, announce yourself and show your face? What's next - make a big speech? Didn't you ever watch Austin Powers?

Did anyone else think of Goodfellas' "If they had been wise guys, I wouldn't have heard a thing?" when watching that?  Just me. Okay then, carry on.

You guys know she has a credit card from Micheal.

Probably an ELQ company card at that.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

When I saw Kiki's dress, I immediately thought - "So they are supposed to wear costumes to the wedding and KIKI is going as Madonna from the 80s."

Loved the way DM says "KIKI" with disdain.

Morgan looked cute.

I would worry about Franco except Shawn is the World's Worst Hitman.

• Love 1

Maybe I'm slow, but I couldn't believe it when Ron and Co actually killed AJ instead of letting it be attempted murder.  Not for AJ's sake, but so Sonny could reasonably live another day.  But, now I finally accept Ron's hate of AJ/SK because he does flashbacks ALL the time.  Never was a flashback so obvious then when Michael asked Carly about AJ's last words.  Instead of flashing back to that moment, we get a Carly/Sonny convo.  My head hurts a lot.  

• Love 3

Michael was an idiot to say yes to being Franco's best man. Carly wouldn't have cared if he'd said no. 

Morgan and Silas's nonreaction to Lauren's "How do I look?" was glorious.

I also loved Madeline's face while Nina was ranting about Silas and Ava. "Don't let her see I think she's crazy. Don't let her see I think she's crazy."

"If you're saying I got the best of you, Dad, and Jason, I'd say that's a lot." Oh, Michael. That doesn't add up to anything.

Please don't let Lauren be the reason Franco wimps out with his plan.

• Love 5

But, now I finally accept Ron's hate of AJ/SK because he does flashbacks ALL the time. Never was a flashback so obvious then when Michael asked Carly about AJ's last words. Instead of flashing back to that moment, we get a Carly/Sonny convo. My head hurts a lot.

I thought of this but I couldn't get mad because SK looks good & is doing a bang up job on B&B. He and Rena Sofer/Lois have excellent chem. He seems happy which is the best screw you to Cartini.

Let Ron have SmileySmirkingWiseCrackingFakeAss St. Jasus

• Love 2

I think that it could be contractual in that case only because I either don't remember Steve Burton flashbacks, just that picture. And when Jake remembered the name Jake, they warped Jason's voice. Plus, SB and SK are actors contracted on CBS. They have flashed AJ's picture around.

I will say that LW looked genuinely upset about AJ today. The tearing up when saying AJ was proud of Micheal and that he was the best thing they did was genuine emotion imo. I think she gets "it" in terms of story, who AJ is, who Carly is, and that the AJ/Carly pairing had more milage than what's going on with Carly now. I haven't really been moved by her acting since Loving when Casey died in Ally's arms. I think the line about Micheal having parts of Sonny, Carly, and Jason was to foreshadow the next major reveals in Micheal's life. The part about the horrible things was imo foreshadowing again that Jason won't be Morgan. And on a show with few heroes, that's not bad.

Hell, look at Luke Spencer. He's a rapist who married his rape victim and they sold it as romance. I can buy Jason redeeming himself and being good now. A more likeable actor helps and well Jason was never a rapist. He killed, but he's still not Sonny, Luke, Franco level. So if he atones to Monica, Micheal, and AJ- I'm good.

• Love 1

Carly is a freaking snake and listening to her talk about her Sonny and Jason was nauseating.  She was working hard to try to deflect Michael's attention away from his bio-dad to the three heinous people who raised him.

Michael was an idiot to say yes to being Franco's best man. Carly wouldn't have cared if he'd said no.

And can you just imagine the conversation of her explaining to Michael that he doesn't need to be Franco's best man to make her happy?  "Honey, I'm already cheating on Franco by boning your father.  We've actually done it on your couch.  This wedding doesn't mean much to me, so if you want to

I don't dislike Olivia or anything, but part of me thinks it would be hilarious if Shawn somehow manages to shoot her instead of Franco again. 

• Love 3

If the Unholy Trinity poured all their "goodness" into Michael, it wouldn't even fill his littlest toe.  When he was a baby.  It's certainly not going to balance out the badness they've brought to the universe.  And, way to put pressure on a kid, Mom.  I like Michael.  I do.  And I think he's turned out to be a pretty good kid, in spite of having three dysfunctional parents, two of whom have put themselves in the place of his kids, apparently.  But, geez, Michael is not the be all to end all.  Morgan, Joss, Dante, Kristina (maybe even Danny) might as well not have existed for all the favor they get in comparison.

"My baby"?  Does Sonny even remember Morgan had sex with Ava, too, not to mention more often and with fresher sperm (and much more satisfyingly), I'm sure?

Carly and Sonny.  Worst parents ever.

Also?  Shawn needs to be dead.  His hypocrisy, and T.J.'s, is repulsvie

I did enjoy Anna needling Sonny today.  I just wish I had more faith she'll ever be able to effect any of her threats.

• Love 1

I can buy Jason redeeming himself and being good now

He doesn't have to even bother, everyone in PC already acts as if he walked on water and was the bestest at everything imaginable, brother, son, uncle, husband, father, friend, etc, so why would he need to be redeemed?

No one ever really held Jason accountable for his shit, and since he was so mourned and missed when he's revealed as having returned they'll all be too damn happy to care about the past, though they never really did before honestly.

Hell, Ron has barely bothered writing any real redemption arch for Franco, an actual serial killer and rapist, he just kept reminding everyone that "he had a brain tumour!".

Jason has memory loss for the millionth time, bingo bango insta new personality and demeanor and Ron's job is done for him, at least the way he seems to think.

Let Ron have SmileySmirkingWiseCrackingFakeAss St. Jasus

Amen. Sean deserved so much better and so did AJ.

Since Ron is so determined to write as if we're re-living the GH from the 80s and 90s one might think that he would have enjoyed another go around with AJ and Jason as the feuding Q brothers, especially since it'd put so many at odds and sides would have to be taken, Moncia, Tracy, Ned, even Michael, a lot of good ol' tense soap drama could have been exploited well but alas instead AJ's bought it and Jason of a thousand memory blanks is running a confession stand out of his hospital room, which I guess might help him with the hospital bill...

ETA:

I just can't get over that whole spiel that Carly was feeding Michael about Jason and AJ, totally shameless and selfish doesn't even begin to cover her ass.

If that didn't prove Carly is only ever about number 1 in life, meaning herself, I don't know what else might.

After seeing the SERIAL KILLER and Kiki together I can only imagine how she'll react when Franco "breaks her wee little heart" when he rains down revenge on Carly and Sonny. All her gaping fish mouth, horrible cry faces that lack any visible tears whatsoever will be on full display I'm sure.

Oh god, this wedding is going to be worse then the Nurses' Ball, the only thing that might make it a little more terrible would be another appearance by the grandfather of short short Richard Simmons.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Ron may think he's writing like the 80s or 90s, but he 100% is not. He drops names and facts from the past, while completely mangling the characters' personalities and turning everything into a superficial, campy, mean-spirited joke.

He apparently missed the themes and emotions at the heart of the show back then.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5

I'm gonna give Mo some acting props here - I like the way he delivered this line

Anna: Your son could have fathered that baby. It's going to make Thanksgiving kind of awkward, I think

Sonny: We'll manage!

It was very amused/arrogant at the same time

• Love 1

Ron may think he's writing like the 80s or 90s, but he 100% is not. He drops names and facts from the past, while completely mangling the characters' personalities and turning everything into a superficial, campy, mean-spirited joke.

He apparently missed the themes and emotions at the heart of the show back then.

I'm going to reply to this in the "Backstage" thread.

I'm gonna give Mo some acting props here - I like the way he delivered this line

Anna: Your son could have fathered that baby. It's going to make Thanksgiving kind of awkward, I think

Sonny: We'll manage!

It was very amused/arrogant at the same time

Maurice can drop a one liner and actually seem engaged and like an actor every now and again, heh, and I liked that part too.

The idea of Sonny gathering together a cluster of his children and their mothers for a holiday dinner would be perfect chaos.

The mums would all insult each other, the kids would all insult each other and the others' mums, Sonny would be set off into a stammering stuttering fit and collapse without anyone noticing or caring and someone would end up shot or stabbed just because.

• Love 1

The idea of Sonny gathering together a cluster of his children and their mothers for a holiday dinner would be perfect chaos.

Sonny: I'm, um, real glad we...uh...we could all be, you know, here together today.

Alexis: Sonny, where's Kristina?

Sonny: Who?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

So this means you can maybe answer this for me, Bishop, since you're a fan of Burton's Jason. What exactly did you like about his iteration (and I mean that literally) of the character? The staring and blinking? The monosyllabic replies? The fact that he had about as much emotional warmth as a Gila monster? These are serious questions. I really need this explained to me like I'm Sonny, because I don't see what could possibly be preferable about the way Jason was before Dock and Roll.

Why do I need to explain it to you?  The fact that you see his character that way says it all.  If that's what you saw of Burton's Jason than yeah, you'll never get it.  That's not what I saw, not ever, and so to debate it further with you would be absolutely pointless and a waste of my time.  You are more than welcome to the new mob enforcer hitman who can quote cheesy titanic lines.  He's all yours.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2

I'm going to reply to this in the "Backstage" thread.

Maurice can drop a one liner and actually seem engaged and like an actor every now and again, heh, and I liked that part too.

The mums would all insult each other, the kids would all insult each other and the others' mums, Sonny would be set off into a stammering stuttering fit and collapse without anyone noticing or caring and someone would end up shot or stabbed just because.

He's actually already done that, heh. I think once during Christmas year before last and also during Kristina's good-bye party to Yale - Carly may have been absent for that. But I remember Olivia being there and her being all "we're family!" and I was all, lady, pretty sure you have spent zero time with Kristina.

• Love 1

Carly really had some nerve suggesting to Michael that he shouldn't continue the search for AJ's killer for MONICA'S sake.  She and Sonny deserve to be locked up together forever.

When the fallout occurs, Carly will deserve Michael's anger even more than Sonny, imo.  She not only lied to Michael about knowing who killed his father, but she conspires to hide it from him, AND she is marrying the guy who got her raped.  Michael is always putting her ahead of himself, and that's going to change.  i can't wait.  

I always feel that LW and CD are fantastic in their scenes together.  

Madeline had a couple of good lines today. "That overgrown boy who looks like he should be delivering packages" and "it was Silas alright, I recognized his sneer from across the street".

I loved how Madeline mocked Kiki's name today.  She did it twice in fact, and I also love how snobby she is.  I just do.

Edited by Bishop

Sonny: I'm, um, real glad we...uh...we could all be, you know, here together today.

Alexis: Sonny, where's Kristina?

Sonny: Who?

Oh we all know the girl child never counts. He'll probably try and say she's really Ned's after all anyway.

He's actually already done that, heh. I think once during Christmas year before last and also during Kristina's good-bye party to Yale - Carly may have been absent for that. But I remember Olivia being there and her being all "we're family!" and I was all, lady, pretty sure you have spent zero time with Kristina.

I think I remember that...maybe, I hadn't started back again watching regularly yet. But without Carly there's no dice for me, heh, she must be there for it to really fall to pieces.

Though to be fair when he isn't nearly killing her Sonny never spent time with Kristina either and he kept slinging the word "family" around and you know how easily confused Olivia can get.

But now that I'm thinking about it, did anyone else catch how Maurice's face looked when Anna left his mansion? The whole smile turned into a scowl/grimace gritting of the teeth? Sometimes the direction on this show...

ETA:

Oh and I have to love how even Anna seems to be aware that no one believes she or her department can actually protect Ava from Sonny, because of course even though the police commissioner has it on good authority that a pregnant woman has a hit out on her there's nothing she can do about it, going against the great and all powerful Sonny is forbidden.

And here I thought the PCPD had become a right joke under Guza with poor Mac having to take the brunt of it all, but Ron has really taken it to another level.

Edited by CPP83

I don't dislike Olivia or anything, but part of me thinks it would be hilarious if Shawn somehow manages to shoot her instead of Franco again. 

It really would after the first time Shawn was trying to kill Franco, as was Ava who shot Olivia by accident. 

The kids get along with one another pretty well. Carly would definitely start something with Alexis, though.

I'm pretty sure Michael and Morgan won't get along very well when the truth is revealed, which is what I was thinking, a lot of bickering and all. But anytime so much Corinthos DNA is gathered together nothing good could come of it.

Although they could all just gang up on Sonny but then it'd be all about Sonny as usual and there's plenty enough of that as is, too much

I guess that's what is supposedly happening with Morgan going to visit Sonny, attempting to get his ass of a father to think and care about the needs of others outside of himself, even though he now knows the man killed AJ and has done all he can not to be found out, which is the whole reason he's killing Ava in the first place...I guess it makes sense that the kid wants to think there is some good, some semblance of morality in Sonny but it's such a lost cause at this point.

If anything Morgan would do well to go to Carly and tell her he knows what Sonny did to AJ, I'm not sure if he knows she knows, but it'd be a smart strategy to play them at their own game. He can trade Ava's life for Sonny and Carly not losing Michael, if Sonny doesn't back off Ava then Morgan will go to Michael and tell him all he knows about AJ's murder. My how that would make those two creeps squirm.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Loved Madeline today. She got some great lines. And like parts of Nina though a little too OTT at times. Madeline seems so unfazed by Nina's BSC.

Sign me up for the WTH did Kiki get money for that gift. I mean Franco has a J-O-B and had to beg a room with Scottie and don't EVEN get me started on Britt the homeless specialty MD. She is a grade A mooche for sure.

I truely find Shawn a loathsome individual when he gets GLEE M-F'in GLEE in trying to destroy TJ relationship with his own Mother. ugh!

And I love BAMF Jordan, but her weave was all kinds of jacked up today. Not attractive.

I found Anna laughable and pointless today. I mean why taunt if you have any actual HOPE of doing anything. Just made her look small. And her outfit didn't match did she dress in the dark? (black skirt, grey and fuschia jacket, white top?)