Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I was thinking about Dr. O. being pissed because Nujason doesn't have insurance. Wouldn't Jordan's insurance be responsible?

Could she use her car ins without blowing her cover? (I'm being too realistic, aren't I?) 

Sonny is all id.

StupId.

He needs to be trapped in a crawlspace with Deke's ghost. 

• Love 2
1) When Spencer was whining to Nikolas that he's never lost the love of his life, I was shocked that the scene didn't cut to Liz or, I dunno, a picture of SWSNBN.  Poor Britt.

I don't feel for Britt.  Conspiring with your boyfriend's precocious eight-year-old about anything beyond a surprise birthday party, if that, is iffy.  However, the actress has improved the past year. 

Can anyone point me towards a link that MB's contract has been renewed?

I liked that, even though he's very annoying, Britt seemed engaged and interested in what Spencer was saying yesterday and seemed to have her finger on the pulse of what was going on with him.  Unlike Nikolas, who could not have looked more bored that his son was blocking.

• Love 2

ugh, writers. If you're gonna awkwardly shoehorn Beggars' night exposition into every scene, get it right. Beggars'/Mischief night is for pranks, not candy.

I was reading about Beggar's Night (because I have literally nothing else to do with my life) and it is in fact about begging for candy in some places. 

When Jake realizes HE's Jason, he's going to be soooo disappointed.

I have been thinking about this. I want him to remember everything and be like "No thanks," and just continue to tell everyone he doesn't remember his life.

Yesterday's episode was so bad. Like I don't even know what I watched. How embarrassing.

• Love 2
today when scott was telling Franco about logan he said he would be francos half brother why does it matter

It doesn't matter, but it gives the audience some information. Scott and Heather have only one child.

1) When Spencer was whining to Nikolas that he's never lost the love of his life, I was shocked that the scene didn't cut to Liz or, I dunno, a picture of SWSNBN.  Poor Britt.

Nik didn't say anything, did he? I was surprised he just let that go. I can't feel sorry for Britt; she conned her way back into Nik's life. She really thinks they have some great love?

Nik didn't say anything, did he? I was surprised he just let that go.

No, the scene cut to, I believe, Nathan mooning over what was clearly a publicity still of Maxie.  Like I said, I was shocked that the show didn't use that line as an anvil about Liz or SWSNBN or something.

I don't even recognize Jason Morgan with BM's portrayal of him - and that's not a good thing.  Even Jason Q wouldn't do the "King of the World" crap he pulled on Monday.  It's just RC screwing around with GH characters and their histories once again.  Basically, RC wants to inherit the Jason Morgan fanbase (and yes there are plenty of JM fans out there like myself), but he wants to change the character to suit BM's acting style and RC's penchant for cheesy soap stories.  So he just ignores the character's history and personality and reinvents this new "version."  For me, if this keeps up, Jake is just another newbie character on GH, and the real Jason is somewhere else.  

I actually liked Scotty and Franco's scenes because I love Kin Shriner, and I love his sarcastic wit.  Kin is probably the only person who RH can't bully over with the comedy because Kin is better at it.  I love the way Scotty spits out his contempt for people, whether it's "Deadbeat" Luke Spencer or "crazy" Heather Webber.  I love Scotty.

Diane is also a favorite, and the way she can turn a phrase or a line is so funny.  The odd couple pairing of Diane and Nathan was fun to watch, and I hope to see more of that.

I thought the Michael and Jake scenes were the best of the three reunions (Liz, Carly, Michael) because Michael and Jake acted like normal strangers.  Michael didn't start spilling his guts to Jake and he never once mentioned the name Jason, unlike Liz and Carly who couldn't stop saying his name every five minutes.  I agree that TPTB should start putting Michael in better clothes.  What is with the plaid obsession they have for him?  Yes,  he looks great in blue, but seriously.  He's a handsome guy.  Let's try putting him in some normal clothes, although they seem to put Nathan in dark plaid too.  What is with that??

Also, I loved Nikolas and Britt.  She is such a breath of fresh air for Nikolas, and so of course, they are going to have her big, stupid secret destroy that relationship - again.  Yesterday showed how much fun Britt brings to Nikolas and Spencer.  Without her, Nikolas is boring and uptight and Spencer rules the roost.  At least Britt has Spencer's number and Nikolas comes out of his shell more with her.  They are going to jettison a potentially great pairing all because of Niz that failed yet again.  Liz can't even remember Nikolas' name.  That's how fast new Jake has turned her head.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3

With all these strangers pouring out their guts, Jakeson must be wishing he was still in the coma. I know I'm wishing that! 

Will it be Cameron who gets to tell Spencer that his mother was a stripper, and that she shot a cop in the back? Or maybe Alfred will snap and be the one to school the little prince. 

• Love 2

I don't even recognize Jason Morgan with BM's portrayal of him - and that's not a good thing.  Even Jason Q wouldn't do the "King of the World" crap he pulled on Monday.  It's just RC screwing around with GH characters and their histories once again.  Basically, RC wants to inherit the Jason Morgan fanbase (and yes there are plenty of JM fans out there like myself), but he wants to change the character to suit BM's acting style and RC's penchant for cheesy soap stories.  So he just ignores the character's history and personality and reinvents this new "version."  For me, if this keeps up, Jake is just another newbie character on GH, and the real Jason is somewhere else.  

So this means you can maybe answer this for me, Bishop, since you're a fan of Burton's Jason. What exactly did you like about his iteration (and I mean that literally) of the character? The staring and blinking? The monosyllabic replies? The fact that he had about as much emotional warmth as a Gila monster? These are serious questions. I really need this explained to me like I'm Sonny, because I don't see what could possibly be preferable about the way Jason was before Dock and Roll.

• Love 3

I actually liked Scotty and Franco's scenes because I love Kin Shriner, and I love his sarcastic wit.  Kin is probably the only person who RH can't bully over with the comedy because Kin is better at it.  I love the way Scotty spits out his contempt for people, whether it's "Deadbeat" Luke Spencer or "crazy" Heather Webber.  I love Scotty.

I have no use for Franco, but I am now and have always been a Scotty Shipper (and Kin as well) ever since he got so royally screwed over by Luke. Scotty is, in every sense of the word, a legacy character.

• Love 5

So this means you can maybe answer this for me, Bishop, since you're a fan of Burton's Jason. What exactly did you like about his iteration (and I mean that literally) of the character? The staring and blinking? The monosyllabic replies? The fact that he had about as much emotional warmth as a Gila monster? These are serious questions. I really need this explained to me like I'm Sonny, because I don't see what could possibly be preferable about the way Jason was before Dock and Roll.

Eh, I didn't like Jason at all by the time he left but that was because he was never allowed to do any wrong. Scratch that, I mean by the end of Guza/Garin's run. I found Ron's Jason more human even if I was still disinterested in him. But even getting back to Guza's Jason, he definitely could be funny. Like his reaction to Sam here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maFsU9TkiSM

• Love 4
With all these strangers pouring out their guts, Jakeson must be wishing he was still in the coma.

I'd love for Jakson to say that after the latest confession. "What am I, a priest? Everyone keeps telling me stuff I don't want to hear."

he definitely could be funny.

SBu does exasperation very well, too. I loved Jason's marriage to Brenda because it required SBu to do more than blink. And sometimes with the various Carlys he had some really funny reactions. But they really didn't write that into Jason too much.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I was against BM as Jason but I have to dine on some crow and voice a possibly unpopular opinion. I do see Jason in Jake, his stillness and his use of silence to get others to talk.  But that's about it, BM is bringing some charm and humor and I have to say I hope he never remembers. Jason Morgan didn't so it isn't a stretch. It would be a nice irony for Sonny and Carly to lose him like the Q's lost him.  I also like him with Liz.

• Love 10

Those dry reactions were about all Steve Burton had by the end IMO, and they weren't enough. His Jason was a mass murderer cloaked in a unique sort of daytime down-home self-righteousness - he's a warrior for God, you see - and the moral certitude of a hack wishing he was writing for cable. And if you questioned him his reaction would either be dull surprise and disinterest - like, 'why are you bothering me with this?' - or a flash of anger as Jason began howling about how you were so wrong to do this now when X or Y is in trouble.

They built the Sonny, Carly, Jason troika and their mentality deeply into the show, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a crock of shit. I think there's a place for those characters in altered roles today, but I never bought into their bullshit way of looking at the show and the world at large.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

It would be a nice irony for Sonny and Carly to lose him like the Q's lost him.

This really would be the most interesting way to go.  Nothing sounds more boring than going back to the status quo of Jason Morgan, Holy Hitman.  He can still end up with Sam eventually or have some kind of relationship with Sonny and Carly, but the status quo Guza forced on us with the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity for YEARS must not be allowed to take hold again.

• Love 6

I am not a Jason Morgan fan, I loathe him but I can admit that the "blink and stare"  is exaggerated. He was stoic but he wasn't void of emotion. Jason Morgan cried almost as much as Sam did lol

Eh, I didn't like Jason at all by the time he left but that was because he was never allowed to do any wrong. Scratch that, I mean by the end of Guza/Garin's run. I found Ron's Jason more human even if I was still disinterested in him. But even getting back to Guza's Jason, he definitely could be funny. Like his reaction to Sam here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maFsU9TkiSM

See, Stone Cold and Lethargic Samantha being anything but.

I love Sam's Sonny rants. 

• Love 2

This really would be the most interesting way to go.  Nothing sounds more boring than going back to the status quo of Jason Morgan, Holy Hitman.  He can still end up with Sam eventually or have some kind of relationship with Sonny and Carly, but the status quo Guza forced on us with the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity for YEARS must not be allowed to take hold again.

If there was ANY justice in the this shitfestofcraptastic world, and IF ONLY there was another show runner, who was actually talented, then Jason would only remember Robin FIRST, if Kimberly ever decided to come back (which, God, PLEASE, don't let her! Not under the current regime), and then Monica, and maybe Michael, and just say a big GIANT FUCK YOU to the midgety moobster, the she-beast, and deal with the guilt of what he's become and try to make amends.  And if he wants to get back with Sam, who would be okay with him not being all mobular and a serial killer, etc., that would be fine, too.

But it's not, and it won't be, so why do I bother stating such fantasies? It's the drugs. I tell ya, it's the combination of drugs I'm on.

• Love 7
Are Maxie and Lucas related at all?

As others have already answered they're cousins but not through biology which is why when they were teens they tried to have a sort of threesome ongoing with Lucas, Georgie and Maxie. Lucas and Georgie dated while Maxie, as usual, played the jealous sister who liked him too. But it didn't go over very well with the audience, apparently they weren't GL fans heh, and they quickly squashed the whole thing.

I didn't mind their scenes but I was hoping for something cute between Lucas and Brad, but I guess, I hope, they will have some scenes at Carly and the SERIAL KILLER's doomed wedding fiasco.

And speaking of that terrifying event to come, since it'll be had on Halloween I wish they would have all the wedding guests dress up in costume in honour of the holiday.

ETA:

Not that I haven't said enough about Jakson, heh, but as far as Jason and a personality change I recall they tried something like that with Jason some years ago, I think it was after that whole bit where he and Sam were on Dance Fever Island and they ran into her "twin" doppelganger and Guza's wife.

He forgot all about his life as Jason Morgan the hit man and Sam and he pulled away from the lifestyle, of course it didn't last because on this show the mob rules all and from the looks of it that isn't changing anytime soon.

Also I do think Ron would have no issue having Billy try and play a "killer" except he'll be a bit clumsy and shoot people by accident and say "sorry!".

I really see that what Ron has done with Roger as Franco is being repeated with Billy as Jason, and the same misplaced humour and joking around in scenes because that's just how the actor is, is one of the biggest similarities imo.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

Carly really had some nerve suggesting to Michael that he shouldn't continue the search for AJ's killer for MONICA'S sake.  She and Sonny deserve to be locked up together forever.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 17

Carly continues to be the worst mother ever. I really hope Michael cuts both his loser parents off. 

Nina slapping Madeline was so fake. And yes another day of her ranting and raving like a lunatic. 

I hate Franco but I hope he blows Carly/Sonny's world apart at the wedding. Too bad not literally. 

• Love 6

If there was ANY justice in the this shitfestofcraptastic world, and IF ONLY there was another show runner, who was actually talented, then Jason would only remember Robin FIRST, if Kimberly ever decided to come back (which, God, PLEASE, don't let her! Not under the current regime), and then Monica, and maybe Michael, and just say a big GIANT FUCK YOU to the midgety moobster, the she-beast, and deal with the guilt of what he's become and try to make amends. And if he wants to get back with Sam, who would be okay with him not being all mobular and a serial killer, etc., that would be fine, too.

But it's not, and it won't be, so why do I bother stating such fantasies? It's the drugs. I tell ya, it's the combination of drugs I'm on.

YES.

YES.

YES.

If Kimmie does come back, though, I want Jason to have this pull to the bridge and remember Robin and lead the masses to find her and then lock Patrick in a closet.

• Love 2

Oh so Shawn is gonna try to shoot Franco? RIP Scotty. Or bell hop.

Oh shut up Carly. Just shut your lying face. You know damn well Monica would want to know. And she can still scare you, so get ready for a few slaps.

Anna's smackdown of Sonny was awesome. And that was a sick burn. I love how Morgan pounced in for the kill. Halloween is Treat Sonny Like Garbage Day! Yay!

Ava needs a drink. Badly.

• Love 6

Those dry reactions were about all Steve Burton had by the end IMO, and they weren't enough. His Jason was a mass murderer cloaked in a unique sort of daytime down-home self-righteousness - he's a warrior for God, you see - and the moral certitude of a hack wishing he was writing for cable. And if you questioned him his reaction would either be dull surprise and disinterest - like, 'why are you bothering me with this?' - or a flash of anger as Jason began howling about how you were so wrong to do this now when X or Y is in trouble.

They built the Sonny, Carly, Jason troika and their mentality deeply into the show, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a crock of shit. I think there's a place for those characters in altered roles today, but I never bought into their bullshit way of looking at the show and the world at large.

don't get me wrong, I didn't like Jason, but I can see why some people liked him. And of course, there were/are plenty of people who didn't care that Jason was in the mob/a killer.

today's show:

I  . . . don't know what the point of the Anna/Sonny scenes were.

I bet Jordan was cheating with Shawn while she was with TJ's dad.

I cannot stand the way Michelle Stafford is playing this. I feel like throwing holy water at my screen every time she appears.

Carly is reaaaaaaaaally emphasizing today that it was her, Jason, and Sonny who raised Michael, and said that Michael got the best of the three of them. Since their best is relatively nothing, I hope Michael turns all that good back on them and handle axes them all, even NuJase. And then Nina and Franco.

Madeline had a couple of good lines today. "That overgrown boy who looks like he should be delivering packages" and "it was Silas alright, I recognized his sneer from across the street".

Damn it, if only Shawn's aim didn't suck. Then he'd actually be able to shoot Franco.

Phew, for one minute I was afraid they were gonna have Morgan overwhelmed by Kiki's outfit and he was just like, "you look fine." heh.

• Love 5

Oh so Shawn is gonna try to shoot Franco? RIP Scotty. Or bell hop.

Snerk.

Echoing you all, I really hope Michael remembers this moment with Carly when the truth comes out.  The fucking gall of that woman.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

How does everyone know that franco is in scottys hotel room?Also thats real smart of shawn trying to kill someone in the DA's hotel room lol.

After today I can def say Anna will be furious with Duke for lying for sonny.

• Love 1
After today I can def say Anna will be furious with Duke for lying for sonny.

Only until she just forgets about it, that seems to be a thing in this town. People are so angry and upset and furious and then no one bothers to write a follow up or they need to be friendly or back in love for the next story line so all that just goes poof.

• Love 1

Only until she just forgets about it, that seems to be a thing in this town. People are so angry and upset and furious and then no one bothers to write a follow up or they need to be friendly or back in love for the next story line so all that just goes poof.

Yep. That's how Ron rolls. Michael should hate Sonny for LIFE. But he won't.

• Love 3

Eh, I didn't like Jason at all by the time he left but that was because he was never allowed to do any wrong. Scratch that, I mean by the end of Guza/Garin's run. I found Ron's Jason more human even if I was still disinterested in him. But even getting back to Guza's Jason, he definitely could be funny.

But that was pretty much the entirety of Jason, that he was never allowed to be seen as wrong. Being occasionally (very occasionally) funny doesn't make up for being the Saint of Killers, and neither does being the baby whisperer. If this Jason never remembers his old life, or better yet does remember it and is so rightfully ashamed of his actions that he renounces that life forever, then I don't see how that is possibly negative. Hell, I'd endure another round of Jiz if it meant the "old" Jason never comes back, that's how much I don't mind Miller's version of the character.

• Love 3

Anyone else shout at the television "Look at the flowers Nina" during her freak-out?

"Look at the flowers Sonny. You too Carly....and you Franco....what's that Kiki well if you insist you can look at the flowers as well."

• Love 2

Anyone else shout at the television "Look at the flowers Nina" during her freak-out?

Just me then?

Carry on. :)

Hahaha, good one. I remember thinking MST already plays her as BSC to the 20th power now she's added screeching at the top of her lungs.

I loved that Kaka basically got no response when she asked how she looked. KA can't show any depth or layers at all. AL that teethy gum smiling when she was with Franco just moments after supposedly not wanting to leave her mother's side.

I thought Franco's first name was Robert. Isn't his name Robert Franco or Franks.... something you think the writes would remember.

I guess Ron finally figured out what the Jordan/Shawn secret is. I would care if this meant TJ would have a story but this is GH & I know better.

That black dress looked gorgeous on Ava today. IMO, even with a fake pregnancy belly MW looks better & exudes more sexiness than KA.

BC looked yummy in his suit. Mmmm, come to momma.

• Love 6
But that was pretty much the entirety of Jason, that he was never allowed to be seen as wrong

And I don't see that changing, at least so far. Ffs the man is held up in the hospital with no memories of his former life, or last week, and yet he's just so perfectly fitting in with Liz and Carly and Michael. They can just "sense" there's something about him, he can be trusted, they can freely open up to him, blah blah.

From what I have seen so far his "golden boy" status has been reinstated in full, if not even worse then before because Ron is in charge. AJ came back and Ron played the whole "AJ's a drunken, worthless loser" angle for all it was worth, which is what rightly drove Sean away, he knows Jason's history and how he was seen as the "perfect" guy by pretty much everyone, he doesn't even have to force the issue as he did with Franco, this town has been bowing at Jqason's booted feet for ages.

• Love 2

I am probably going to get ambushed for saying it, but Anna and Sonny have chem. Rest assured, I'm not going to start shipping them or anything, but it's true. It almost distracted me from Sonny's oily 86 layers of spray tan he had on today. Maybe if they got together, he could lend Anna some of the stuff. She is freakishly pale.

I thought LW did a good job today, acting wise.

So over Franco and his OTT, cheesy musings to himself about how he is going to go all nuclear on CarSon.The more he says it, the more I think I will end up dissapointed.

Aren't Shawn and Jordan supposed to, you know, like each other? There's such animosity between them, and not in a good love-to-hate kind of way. I don't get that relationship.

Kiki's outfit was kind of horrendous. I've never been so dissapointed in a "How do I look?" reveal since watching Molly Ringwald pink polka doting her way into my nightmares in Pretty in Pink.

• Love 2

But this means he'll probably accidentally shoot Carly,Kiki, or Felix instead and I'm good with any of those options.  

How hilarious would it be if we saw Shawn fire his gun and the bullet go flying out a window.  And then, like twenty minutes later in the episode, we see the bullet come through a window at GH and right through Felix's head!

• Love 4

Finola Hughes will have chemistry with the tree Robin stuffed Emma in.

After the past few days, there is no doubt Michael will cut ties with Sonny and Carly. How long it lasts is the question. 

That said, I won't be surprise if Michael becomes close with Franco. He'll be so grateful, you know. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 2

Although Carly gets more and more despicable by the episode, now outright mah-nipple-lating her son, LW is doing a fantastic job. I think she's always done her best work when Carly is on the ropes, which is why it's so odd that both Gaza and Ron mostly wrote and write her as an infalable bitch.

Anna was all kinds of awesomesauce today, especially her blatantly trying to suppress laughter.

Yup, they are definitely styling Jordan to look like Olivia Pope.

I felt so sorry for Magdaline's stunt double today. MSt slapped her as if she was auditioning for the role of "She-Hulk" in a future Marvel movie.

I loved Morgan & Silas both staring blankly when Kiki asked how she looked.

• Love 5

That said, I won't be surprise if Michael becomes close with Franco. He'll be so grateful, you know.

If Franco waits to out Carly and Sonny after they've said "I do" then he'll be Michael's new stepfather and therefore they could move in together and share feels over how hurtful it can be to be betrayed.

Franco: Man...I mean is there really anything worse then getting cheated on?

Michael: ...well uh, you know-getting raped in prison isn't exactly a-

Franco: Oh are you still hung up on that? How many times do I have to tell you I only meant for him to scare you! Sheesh, there's no need to hold a grudge Mikey.

• Love 5

If Franco waits to out Carly and Sonny after they've said "I do" then he'll be Michael's new stepfather and therefore they could move in together and share feels over how hurtful it can be to be betrayed.

Franco: Man...I mean is there really anything worse then getting cheated on?

Michael: ...well uh, you know-getting raped in prison isn't exactly a-

Franco: Oh are you still hung up on that? How many times do I have to tell you I only meant for him to scare you! Sheesh, there's no need to hold a grudge Mikey.

I know you jest but given how much trouble RC is going to make Franco sympathetic and his general lack of remorse, the scenario above coming to fruition is not unlikely.

I hate myself for watching this show. 

• Love 2