Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The actress who plays Alice has lost a lot of weight. 

I don't think Liz was out of line not telling Jakson about Sam and Danny. She wasn't telling him Jason's life story, she was telling him her story with Jason. Of course there were some biographical details.

Why does Tracy call Jerry "Mr. Jacks"?

How cheap is Ron that he doesn't show any flashbacks to Sonny shooting AJ? He probably doesn't want SK to get another dime.

Of course Carly might recognize Jakson. *rme*

• Love 2

I don't think Liz was out of line not telling Jakson about Sam and Danny. She wasn't telling him Jason's life story, she was telling him her story with Jason. Of course there were some biographical details.

But she was talking about how he died and how there was no memorial, etc. I guess I would have liked a line about how he left behind a wife and son...

• Love 1

There wasn't a memorial for Jason? I was still bent over laughing from his ass getting unceremoniously kicked into the water.

I am not looking forward to Sam vs. Liz wars erupting again

Brace yourself for it. Apparently Jason's love was like whoa! 

That asshole's love is not worth spit.

• Love 3

There wasn't a memorial for Jason? I was still bent over laughing from his ass getting unceremoniously kicked into the water.

IIRC, Sam and Monica had a scene where they talked about putting together a memorial or funeral, but it was, happily, never shown on-screen.

• Love 1
Thank you for clearing that up. I can now retrieve my eyeballs from the outer rings of Saturn, because that's how hard they rolled. And that is not sarcasm. :-​

Nor hyperbole!  :-)

I am not looking forward to Sam vs. Liz wars erupting again.

Re-reads today's thread. Too late.

The great thing about PreviouslyTV is that we can start a separate thread for the Sam v. Liz war , and still have our fun daily conversation here.  So much freedom!  So many options!  And that is also not sarcasm.  I really do think it's awesome that we can have threads for this kind of stuff without a major production, so we can revisit the Sam v. Liz conversation every so often, and people who aren't interested in the debate can avoid it, but others can participate.  

• Love 6

The direction on this show is so...subtle and non-assuming.

I mean we see a badly made over Jakson in bed wondering aloud about this man "Jason" and his family and then BAM! we see Monica weeping in the family crypt, too busy mourning to wonder what the hell that offensive odor is within, and then back and forth we go.

I'm not sure who is making the other more unbearable, Jason or Liz, at this point. All I know is that I want them both sedated and shoved into a closet somewhere.

Of course Jakson is "nothing like Jason" Liz, because at this point you know shit all nada about this guy. He's an amnesic patient who isn't even sure of his name, you know nothing about him, his family or his previous life.

The very idea that Liz has put her nursing career on the back burner and now has commandeered being Jakson's life coach, apparently...aggravating doesn't even begin to cover it. Their scenes are stupid as hell, and Billy still looks too damn young to me to play this character.

And now Carly has been thrown into the mix, it just keeps going from bad to worse. I'm surprised that Ron didn't find a way to make Jakson into one of the SERIAL KILLER's painting "patients" for his recovery. Hell who knows maybe he still will, wouldn't that just bring this shit full circle.

• Love 1

I hate it when Sonny rationalized that he is a better person than Franco.  Yes Sonny, Franco is a serial killer, however, Sonny you are also a serial killer. Franco was suffering from mental illness and a brain tumor.  Your motives for killing are money and power it is your business.  You have not only committed murder yourself, you hire others to murder for you.  In other words  you are just a lazy serial killer. 

• Love 7
Franco was suffering from mental illness and a brain tumor.

Which in itself is complete bullshit. I say Sonny and Franco have a murder-suicide pact. And if Carly gets caught in the crossfire? Too bad, so sad. See ya!

• Love 7

I think heathers killed less people than them but yet never her real enemies and i don't mean lame characters shes tried to kill like olivia and carly.I mean peeps like Anne logan she hated nobody more and susan moore.She wasn't the killer.

I was hoping that Liz would tell NuJason the fact that her Jason was a hitman for the mob.

Yeah, there was some convenient and ridiculous side-stepping going on in that retelling today.  The Quartermaines aren't so much the villains of the piece if you know that the new life of Jason's he was unapologetic about that they had trouble accepting was him being a hitman for the mob.

Previews...ugh, tomorrow's the "OMG we are such wacky psycho best friends slash future supercouple!!!11!!" scenes between Franco and Nina.  

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I need someone to drop the name AJ hardcore, which is why I'd like a Micheal scene. Monica is grieving for Jason Morgan, so she needs a minute. I want Micheal to wander in, wearing his suit, talking about the AJ free clinic. Then, Jake starts going hmmm AJ. Quartermaine? AJ? And then recognizes Micheal's name. And even Micheal is taken aback and says "I'm sorry, you look like my father. Here's a picture of him." Then, Micheal tells him about AJ's murder, the mob connections, and leaves a picture of AJ. Jason having AJ flashbacks, but memories of them when they were happy makes more sense and is more entertaining. Also, throw in a memory of Robin being around Micheal too.

Address the elephant in the room. Billy Miller looks like he could be related to CD and SK.

• Love 4

I need someone to drop the name AJ hardcore, which is why I'd like a Micheal scene. Monica is grieving for Jason Morgan, so she needs a minute. I want Micheal to wander in, wearing his suit, talking about the AJ free clinic. Then, Jake starts going hmmm AJ. Quartermaine? AJ? And then recognizes Micheal's name. And even Micheal is taken aback and says "I'm sorry, you look like my father. Here's a picture of him." Then, Micheal tells him about AJ's murder, the mob connections, and leaves a picture of AJ. Jason having AJ flashbacks, but memories of them when they were happy makes more sense and is more entertaining. Also, throw in a memory of Robin being around Micheal too.

I am afraid this will never happen. While Guza was enchanted with the Mob, Ron seems enchanted with the idea of villains as heroes:  Thus Heather, Mina, Magda. Ava, Fluke, Franco, Dr. O and even to a lesser extent Britt, Brad and Spencer. Jack-son leaving the mob and becoming a Q would move him into the realm of hero and Ron has no use for decent human beings except as kidnap victims

• Love 5

I wish they would tell the story of Jakeson finding out who he is and rejecting Jasus' life. Let Sonny and Carly learn what Monica and Alan went through. Let them run after Jasus, begging him to remember how he used to do their bidding for them, and clean up all their messes, and how he should be happy to resume that life. And let them learn what it feels like to have Jason turn his back on them-- the same way he turned his back on the Qs.

While at the same time, Michael has rejected them both after learning the truth about Carly helping Sonny cover up how he murdered AJ. A cover-up that included kidnapping and threatening to kill a pregnant woman. 

I really want to see Sonny and Carly reviled by those they hold most dear. 

*sigh* instead we're gonna get pathetic romantic Sam/Jason/Liz nonsense, instead of a story that utilizes 15 years of GH history. 

• Love 13

Not sure what there going to do with Nina but i'm sure she'll be cured.I don't think Heather is a hero at all.She'll be sent back to the loony bin until the next plot point RC needs her for.

Remeber the days when scotty and lucy where the biggest villians the show had.Remeber when the show had good guys?

• Love 4

Remember the days when scotty and lucy where the biggest villians the show had.Remeber when the show had good guys?

I miss the days when you had more grey characters, schemers like Scotty and Lucy who would plot and connive for money or love, but weren't murderers or rapists or international terrorists, but who would get exposed, lick their wounds, and live to plot and scheme another day.

Ron had the same problem on OLTL.  Every bad guy had to be SUPER OMEGA EVIL that a) were either the root of all evil in their soap town (see: Eli) or b) he then attempted walk back to being viable (see: VicTodd after the rapemance) and the balance was way off.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Does it make sense if I don't feel sorry for Franco but am enjoying his revenge? 

I don't feel sorry for Franco, but I sure as hell am enjoying his revenge plot. It's stupidly hilariously terrible and I love it! I feel no shame in that.

There is already way too much Jason and he's not even Jason yet. This is gonna be a real rough story for me.

• Love 6

I find the show much more tolerable without Nina and that crew on..

Random thoughts.

Carly's sweater today was fug

I don't care if it's contrived I am enjoying Jakeson and Liz

Sonny is only tolerable around babies, I blame MB for that

Why is Olivia being written like a lovesick teenager? gross

WK is still hot

When did Alexis become annoying? 

Looking forward to the "wedding" maybe cause I hate Carly, heh

• Love 3

Address the elephant in the room. Billy Miller looks like he could be related to CD and SK.

He does.  The real elephant in the room to me is that Billy Miller looks, at most, 10 years older than CD.  Not even remotely old enough to be his father. Big brother, yes.  Father figure? No.  I can't imagine Billy Miller's Jason as being someone who could have passed himself of as Michael's father 20 some years ago. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2
He does.  The real elephant in the room to me is that Billy Miller looks, at most, 10 years older than CD.  Not even remotely old enough to be his father. Big brother, yes.  Father figure? No.  I can't imagine Billy Miller's Jason as being someone who could have passed himself as Michael's father 20 some years ago.

There were so many ways Ron could have brought Billy on and used him reasonably, but making him this "Jakson" fellow just wasn't one imo.

I completely agree with you, he's got a young face and he is pretty young in real life so it just isn't gelling for me to try and think that this character is remotely old enough to be Jason.

I still think he would have made a great AJ Jr. character, the first born son of AJ, which would have made him the big brother to Michael and I could have bought that, at least far more than I can buy him as "Jason" 2.0.

• Love 2

Remeber the days when scotty and lucy where the biggest villians the show had.Remeber when the show had good guys?

I miss the days when Heather was just a first-rate bitch. She was good at it, and, as rotten-scheming as she was, there were times she was rootable.  It bothers me that now the actress has to play such a one-note character. I can see her trying to rise above the current material she's being given, but sometimes it's just impossible. 

• Love 3

I had to laugh when Liz came in with a wheelchair for Jakson. I was in the hospital last year for surgery, and even with four or five tubes/IVs coming out of me, the nurses were relentless about getting me up and walking a day after my operation. Didn't matter how wobbly and fragile I felt. Dance, monkey, dance!

Why is Olivia being written like a lovesick teenager? gross

Ugh, that was so stupid. Props to Dante for telling her to get on with it and tell Ned that she wants to date (loved Dante running out of Kelly's right after that), but FFS. She's not in junior high. Or maybe she is: She thinks them both liking kickboxing and action movies means they're compatible. (Looky! They both breath and eat, too!) No, it means you both like kickboxing and action movies.

• Love 3

I would say a good 85-90% of the characters act like teenagers. It's really unnerving.

It's largely the middle-aged women.  Alexis is on the top of the list.  Or maybe Nina is now (but she has an excuse! she had a tumor -- errr, was in a coma!).  Then there's Olivia, and Carly to a large degree.  And Heather and Dr. O are very mean girls high school, too, with their respective crushes on Luke and Faison, and their silly insults.  

It's amazing to me that Anna has, so far, escaped that trap.  Though, instead, she comes across on screen as frosty and frigid. 

Off screen, of course, is another matter entirely.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

I miss the days when Heather was just a first-rate bitch. She was good at it, and, as rotten-scheming as she was, there were times she was rootable.  It bothers me that now the actress has to play such a one-note character. I can see her trying to rise above the current material she's being given, but sometimes it's just impossible. 

yes me too.watching old eps there was no excuse for what Guza and RC have done to Heather.Guza was a script writer and RC watched in the 80s as he loves to tell everyone on twitter.People loved Heather back in the day not because she was crazy but because she was  fun scheming nasty bitch whos schemes usually ended up backfiring on her.Truthfully I would think it would be easy to write her as a bitch than an OTT crazy person but RC seem to love the crazies for whatever reason.

• Love 1

It's largely the middle-aged women.  Alexis is on the top of the list.  Or maybe Nina is now (but she has an excuse! she had a tumor -- errr, was in a coma!).  Then there's Olivia, and Carly to a large degree.  And Heather and Dr. O are very mean girls high school, too, with their respective crushes on Luke and Faison, and their silly insults.  

Nina is the only one with an excuse. emotional health issue before the coma, and then missing 20 years of her life would be emotionally stunting. 

• Love 1

yes me too.watching old eps there was no excuse for what Guza and RC have done to Heather.Guza was a script writer and RC watched in the 80s as he loves to tell everyone on twitter.People loved Heather back in the day not because she was crazy but because she was  fun scheming nasty bitch whos schemes usually ended up backfiring on her.Truthfully I would think it would be easy to write her as a bitch than an OTT crazy person but RC seem to love the crazies for whatever reason.

I liked Heather when she first returned under Ron - she was clearly crazy, but she also was more cold and calculating about what she was doing.  Once she started waving a butcher knife around like Michael Myers is when I lost all interest.

• Love 1
It's amazing to me that Anna has, so far, escaped that trap.  Though, instead, she comes across on screen as frosty and frigid.

I don't see that at all. FH has the gravitas Anna needs for her position IMO but I can see why the seriousness can be perceived as cold and frigid. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS

I liked Heather when she first returned under Ron - she was clearly crazy, but she also was more cold and calculating about what she was doing.  Once she started waving a butcher knife around like Michael Myers is when I lost all interest.

Back in the day she was more dibolical is that the word?She was faking breakdowns faking amnesia so Jeff wouldn't know she really knew where SLW was lol.Then she hated her shrink and got an unbalanced girl whom had accused the shrink of rape to shoot the shrink.She of course framed Anne Logan.She plied Susan with alocholic drinks in the morning as she had a drinking problem.

• Love 2

Dante was a bright spot in yesterday's episode. I love when he just looks so done with everyone.

I loved when Dante, either yesterday or Wed, said to either Olivia or Lulu something akin to "all we have to go on is the word of a criminal" and then looked right at Sonny.

• Love 6

I loved when Dante, either yesterday or Wed, said to either Olivia or Lulu something akin to "all we have to go on is the word of a criminal" and then looked right at Sonny.

While I can't stand Sonny's Son Dante, when he's not being that guy he's the one who acts the most like a normal person on the entire show. He gets this look sometimes that says, "What is wrong with you people?!" That guy I like a whole lot.

• Love 10
He gets this look sometimes that says, "What is wrong with you people?!" That guy I like a whole lot.

That guy is almost the audience proxy. I don't think Dante is necessarily written that way; I think DZ adds that because he knows how terrible the show is. It's probably what keeps him sane.

• Love 4

While I can't stand Sonny's Son Dante, when he's not being that guy he's the one who acts the most like a normal person on the entire show. He gets this look sometimes that says, "What is wrong with you people?!" That guy I like a whole lot.

Lulu's husband Dante is someone I want to grab a beer with. Sonny's son Dante is someone I want to shoot IN THE CHEST.

• Love 2

lol, I think a lot of it IS written in actually - when Liz came over to tell him Rocco was his son and then Britt and Nikolas barged he said "I have no idea what the hell is happening right now". But yes, a lot of it is definitely DZ. I remember when Maxie's "surrogacy" just started and Lulu was giving her a hard time and Dante just kept having these "kill me now" face.

This line, though, from a couple of years back? I am pretty sure was ad-libbed because MB starts to lose his line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79K5kaMCm2U#t=210

For those who can't watch

Sonny: I'm getting out of here

Dante: and right into a holding cell

Sonny: I can't be in closed quarters because . . .  (MB starts stuttering)

Dante: You need what? Your diaper? I don't know

ETA: That clip is also funny because at one point Lulu comes in freaking out about Lucky and his drugs and Dante's just like "I'm sure it'll be fine. I gotta work. bye!", gives her a quick kiss, and leaves. heh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

It also looks like DZ starts to crack up because MB starts stuttering. Hee.

(Side note: Ugh to the whole "Sonny can't be in jail because he has claustrophobia" stupidity. How I wish someone would tell him, "Then don't do stuff that gets you arrested, dumbass!")

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

Why does Tracy call Jerry "Mr. Jacks"?

Eh, she's always been proper about addressing people unless she's on a rampage reaming them out. It's the boarding school upbringing-and/or the Lila in her, coming through.

For instance, calling Sam "Samantha". She even called Jason "Mr Morgan" most of the time to his face, but the properness with him was also a subtle jab at letting him know he was no Quartermaine.(IMO).

She calls Sonny Mr Corinthos even sometimes, after years of knowing him.

She's called Maxie Ms.Jones, etc. Calling Duke Mr.Lavery, and the list goes on....

Not always, I mean, sure sometimes it's a first name thing, but overall she's very formal unless she knows you well.

About Liz/Jake. Liz doesn't really bother me anymore. She's so boring, it just doesn't register.  I think pairing NuJason/Jake with her even as friends is a mistake, because the scenes are so low energy I don't really have an investment in him.

I think BM is a better actor than SBu, and has the ability to do Jason Q as a corporate raider, and that's really the only thing I want to see. BM going toe to toe with JE.

I don't care about Jason's past life, with Sam, Sonny, Carly, Liz.  Let this be yet another brand new version of Jason, who doesn't remember his hit man past. Maybe he doesn't even remember his bio family either, but strangely enough it's with them he feels most "at home".

I actually think this may be where they are headed, because Shawn is still Sonny's right hand man now.

No need to shoehorn Jason back into that life.

They have a clean slate. I say use it before they lose it.

• Love 2

About Liz/Jake. Liz doesn't really bother me anymore. She's so boring, it just doesn't register.  I think pairing NuJason/Jake with her even as friends is a mistake, because the scenes are so low energy I don't really have an investment in him.

Compared to Sam and Silas, Liz and Jake are fascinating.

• Love 7

Truthfully I would think it would be easy to write her as a bitch than an OTT crazy person but RC seem to love the crazies for whatever reason.

She is still a bitch, but her being OTT crazy allows RC not to think about what motivates a character or allows the flimsy reason for the character to create the havoc that they are creating. Tracy didn't like Lois and was a straight up bitch to her but she never or would never physically hurt her, and while one didn't like her treatment of Lois but one could understand it, unlike Heather that drugged Olivia or kidnapped Carly.

Nina has every right to be pissed and Silas, but vert few things she has done to enact her revenge has made any sense in the context of that. I actually think it would be more to Nina's benefit if Rosalie was in a relationship with Morgan than Michael, as Ava, the person that slept with her husband, is still in love with Morgan, but RC wants to find a way to cause trouble for boring ass Michael and Kiki. So while a sane Nina might know that Rosalie with Morgan would be a better choice, crazy Nina wants to get back at a person for existing and not Kiki's generally horrible personality. 

It really is too bad they don't have Wally Kurth on sort of contract, because there could be a great rivalry between him and Julian. Between Julian writing lies about him in what was a reputable paper and allowing FauxLuke to rape his mother, I could see Ned hating Julian. 

• Love 2

It also looks like DZ starts to crack up because MB starts stuttering. Hee.

(Side note: Ugh to the whole "Sonny can't be in jail because he has claustrophobia" stupidity. How I wish someone would tell him, "Then don't do stuff that gets you arrested, dumbass!")

That's what he says right afterwards, hee. He says, "maybe you should have chosen a profession where you get to be outdoors a little bit more".

• Love 4

Compared to Sam and Silas, Liz and Jake are fascinating.

Not for nothing, but compared to Sam and Silas wallpaper is fascinating. That doesn't do much to recommend Liz and Jakeson, although at least they aren't having eight thousand conversations about a woman I give no fucks for.

• Love 6
(edited)

As long as the current fuckwits remain in charge, we will never ever, ever see what should happen and what we want to happen.

And how sad is it that at this time last year, we had the beginnings of Scorpio Espionage? Down to the wonderful reunion between Robin and RobertFucking!Scorpio...Robin and Anna...man, if only my dvr didn't have to be replaced, I could continue to watch those over and over again.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

There were so many ways Ron could have brought Billy on and used him reasonably, but making him this "Jakson" fellow just wasn't one imo.

I completely agree with you, he's got a young face and he is pretty young in real life so it just isn't gelling for me to try and think that this character is remotely old enough to be Jason.

I still think he would have made a great AJ Jr. character, the first born son of AJ, which would have made him the big brother to Michael and I could have bought that, at least far more than I can buy him as "Jason" 2.0.

Oh dude. That would have been amazing. He could have come in all sexy in his suit and stolen ELQ from Micheal and exposed Sonny as the real murderer of AJ. He would have then offered a position as an intern if Micheal decided to disown CarSon. Seriously, I do believe Billy Miller ages like a fine wine. Or Benjamin Button.
  • Love 2

While at the same time, Michael has rejected them both after learning the truth about Carly helping Sonny cover up how he murdered AJ. A cover-up that included kidnapping and threatening to kill a pregnant woman.

I really want to see Sonny and Carly reviled by those they hold most dear.

I have only been watching since June (came over to see the Y&R people), but it didn't take long for dislike for Sonny and Carly to begin.  That has now escalated into full blown hate and I would like to see this scenario play out.  I don't care who tells Michael, but I am disgusted by the number of people who won't tell him.  I hope he explodes in a rage, if he has it in him, and never speaks to Sonny or Carly again.  I haven't been around long enough to know if this kid can act or not, but I guess we'll find out.

• Love 3

The, Sonny, The. Sonny "I can't be in a cell" Corinthos needs to take several seats. How dare you defile the grave of AJ by putting your nasty orange sex in it and now beating on it and saying you don't regret killing AJ, you'd do it again, he's a curse to everyone? Excuse me, I'll remember that when I watch scenes of you groveling to Micheal next week and crying. Bitch please. No, Great Pumpkin, you are a curse to everyone who crosses your damned path. And Connie, stfu. No one gives a fuck about you except that AJ had to die for your dumb ass. God, you suck. And you killed your awesome son. Bitch, you spent a year trying to kill Sonny. You married a dude to get revenge on Sonny. So shut your face. And btw, you hated Carly.

Ugh Carly. Shut up. Just shut up. Get a diary because no one cares. No one. God.

I actually like Franco and Nina. And I wish Micheal had 90s soap hearing.

• Love 4