Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She didn't actually say he needs to get over how he's feeling, she just made the point that she knows he's not Jason ... and she wasn't going to tiptoe around that. It seemed like he wanted her to take the same faithful stance that Elizabeth appeared to be taking (I felt like Becky played it as if Liz knew Drew was not Jason, but wasn't about to say it out loud to him.) Elizabeth had to be careful about she handled the situation because her son was very close to Drew, whereas Robin didn't have to negotiate a delicate balance because she didn't have a kid invested in it. 

Robin did offer pure honesty, and Drew was angry because he didn't hear from her what he wanted to hear. Robin figured it was pointless in that moment to say anything else (I guess) because she wasn't going to lie to his face, so she left.

Robin's empathy wasn't present in that scene.  She never ever thought about how the news impacted Drew.  That Drew didn't choose the situation.  It was all, too bad so sad for you that you're not Jason.  Toodles.  The writing really failed in that scene, imo.  There were two victims, but Robin's dialogue only thought about the angle that he wasn't Jason afterall.  Nothing about what that meant for Drew, long-term.  

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She didn't actually say he needs to get over how he's feeling, she just made the point that she knows he's not Jason ... and she wasn't going to tiptoe around that. It seemed like he wanted her to take the same faithful stance that Elizabeth appeared to be taking (I felt like Becky played it as if Liz knew Drew was not Jason, but wasn't about to say it out loud to him.) Elizabeth had to be careful about she handled the situation because her son was very close to Drew, whereas Robin didn't have to negotiate a delicate balance because she didn't have a kid invested in it. 

Robin did offer pure honesty, and Drew was angry because he didn't hear from her what he wanted to hear. Robin figured it was pointless in that moment to say anything else (I guess) because she wasn't going to lie to his face, so she left.

A+

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Curtis has to be the only PI that can make Sam look good.

I get that it was a plot point ,since he won't find the daugther within a day of his search, but oy, it just made him look totally incompetent.  

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If they weren't going to work on that part of the triangle, why bring it up?  It was blue dead but they're bringing it up again.

I agree with this.  I think there was a delay, maybe because of KeMo's surgery, but I think they are now going to rev it back up.  And it might be a quad with Kim or Margaux.  

38 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I get that it was a plot point ,since he won't find the daugther within a day of his search, but oy, it just made him look totally incompetent.  

I agree with this.  I think there was a delay, maybe because of KeMo's surgery, but I think they are now going to rev it back up.  And it might be a quad with Kim or Margaux.  

But how can it be a quad when neither Kim nor Margaux have shown any romantic interest in Jason, or he them? Not that Jason has shown a romantic interest in anyone.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That Sacha girl looked so much like Amanda Peet. 

Yes! At first, I thought that was who it was and thought, "They aren't actually trying to make Britt Nina's daughter instead of cousin, are they?"

16 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

That, and many people online over the years have thought Becky looks way too young to have children who aren't little kids.

She doesn't look at all like she is in her forties.  I think she looks like a very early thirties, personally.  Time has certainly been good to BH.

5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

But how can it be a quad when neither Kim nor Margaux have shown any romantic interest in Jason, or he them?

Well it wouldn't be a quad so much as it would be Drew torn between Sam, Kim and Margaux.  Jason can go sit in the corner by himself and ponder his life choices.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Well it wouldn't be a quad so much as it would be Drew torn between Sam, Kim and Margaux.  Jason can go sit in the corner by himself and ponder his life choices.  

I don't think there would be much pondering going on. Jason's entire life in the year since he's been back makes it clear he thinks his life choices are just fine.

• Love 6

I fully admit that I'm a lapsed catholic but is there such a thing as being barred from the catholic church?  Yes, you can't get married in a catholic church if you're divorced but Ava somehow spoke to the archdioceses (cuz that would happen) and Griffin has been barred from all aspects of the church, including communion.  How does that work?  

I love Ava (Okay, I love Maura and I tolerate Ava) but she was a wee bit hypocritical with the, "next time I have a man keep your legs crossed" seeing as she had an affair with Morgan, twice.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I love Ava (Okay, I love Maura and I tolerate Ava) but she was a wee bit hypocritical with the, "next time I have a man keep your legs crossed" seeing as she had an affair with Morgan, twice.  

She had an affair with Morgan once.  The first go-around, Morgan and Ava didn't sleep together until AFTER Kiki had publically dumped Morgan's ass and jumped on his brother.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I fully admit that I'm a lapsed catholic but is there such a thing as being barred from the catholic church?  Yes, you can't get married in a catholic church if you're divorced but Ava somehow spoke to the archdioceses (cuz that would happen) and Griffin has been barred from all aspects of the church, including communion.  How does that work?  

If you're excommunicated you can't receive any of the sacraments of the Church.

12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

If you're excommunicated you can't receive any of the sacraments of the Church.

Ok, but who would know?  If Griffin went to church in Montreal and went for communion, or confession, would the priest automatically know that he's not allowed and refuse him?  Is there a poster in the chapel, like a wanted poster at the post office, with all the faces of everyone who isn't allowed to have communion?  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Ok, but who would know?  If Griffin went to church in Montreal and went for communion, or confession, would the priest automatically know that he's not allowed and refuse him?  Is there a poster in the chapel, like a wanted poster at the post office, with all the faces of everyone who isn't allowed to have communion?  

I'm not Catholic, but I'm thinking in their thinking, that if someone "snuck" a sacrament, that it just wouldn't work.  And if they found out afterward you would probably be double-excommunicated:)

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Perkie said:

The churches in Montreal have a wall of the excommunicated with pictures and biographies. I'm just joking on this btw.

Oh, look, Nina and Ava scenes over Kiki. And of course, Kiki and Griffin are going to bump uglies again.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I mean, I guess Griffin would know, that he was doing something against Church degree?  Then again, this is a priest that had an affair with a married parishioner and a Catholic who engaged in premarital sex with two women in a 12-hour period and is buddies with a mobster so  how tightly he holds onto these tenants is...debatable?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Ava and Kiki duking it out yet again is starting to get old. Nothing is being accomplished in these encounters other than showing just how low a level they're both willing to sink to. I do think the impetus for Ava's attacks is understandable; this is a character with very little friends and family, and she was betrayed by the two people closest to her in one fell swoop, so I get why she's lashing out. Kiki's anger seems to come from a place of sanctimony and the inability to recognize the smell of her own shit, which makes it really hard for me to feel any sympathy for her when Ava's reading her for filth. 

And Nina sticking her nose in the middle of it? Awfully presumptuous of her given the history between her and Ava (which I'm glad Ava was allowed to bring up). Maybe once Nina connects with her own daughter, a young woman she had no hand in raising and who may very well want nothing to do with her, she'll realize being a mother is more complex than spouting homilies about how to treat "flesh and blood."

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Linny said:

Ava and Kiki duking it out yet again is starting to get old. Nothing is being accomplished in these encounters other than showing just how low a level they're both willing to sink to. I do think the impetus for Ava's attacks is understandable; this is a character with very little friends and family, and she was betrayed by the two people closest to her in one fell swoop, so I get why she's lashing out. Kiki's anger seems to come from a place of sanctimony and the inability to recognize the smell of her own shit, which makes it really hard for me to feel any sympathy for her when Ava's reading her for filth. 

And Nina sticking her nose in the middle of it? Awfully presumptuous of her given the history between her and Ava (which I'm glad Ava was allowed to bring up). Maybe once Nina connects with her own daughter, a young woman she had no hand in raising and who may very well want nothing to do with her, she'll realize being a mother is more complex than spouting homilies about how to treat "flesh and blood."

This is complete speculation and not routed in any spoiler whatsover, but I think were heading down the "Ava isn't Kiki's mother, Nina is" story.  Which would explain all of this.  

31 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

you can't get married in a catholic church if you're divorced

Unless you're a Kennedy.  You donate a few bucks, and you're in! (I think they call it an "annulment", though.  Even if you married and had kids.)

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Is there a poster in the chapel, like a wanted poster at the post office, with all the faces of everyone who isn't allowed to have communion?  

Yes, and I believe you also get chip implanted that raises an alarm the instant you cross onto consecrated ground. Hee.

• Love 5

Unless you're a Kennedy.  You donate a few bucks, and you're in! (I think they call it an "annulment", though.  Even if you married and had kids.)

You don't have to be a Kennedy for that.  The reason I didn't get married in my Catholic Church is because it would have required my husband's previous (Anglican) marriage being dissolved and his kids thereby made illegitimate.

If the Church doesn't excommunicate priests who have been abusing children, they're not going to excommunicate Griffin for throwing in an extra test in his medical practice. This storyline is so stupid.

Kiki:  Why else would report you?  Me: Bensch for revenge, any disgruntled patient, another staff member who read why Griffin "lost his license" (eyeroll). Sure it ended up being Ava but there are lots of people who it might be.

9 minutes ago, Linny said:

Kiki's anger seems to come from a place of sanctimony and the inability to recognize the smell of her own shit, which makes it really hard for me to feel any sympathy for her when Ava's reading her for filth.

She's perfect for Griffin.

I liked Alexis and Julian having an adult conversation for once.  It was a good use of Charley's pub -- Nina and Maxie were having lunch, Ava and Julian talking, Alexis coming in to tlak to him about Kristina working there; Kiki seeing out Ava and very publicly slapping her.

I fast forwarded the scenes of Michael holding Wylie because I just can't take Carly any more. Why is it that Wylie only shows up in scenes where Michael is there?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The churches in Montreal have a wall of the excommunicated with pictures and biographies. 

Alright, then come to Toronto then.  We're a lot looser here!!

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

not going to excommunicate Griffin for throwing in an extra test in his medical practice

That wasn't why.  I'm pretty sure what he said was that Ava told the archdiocese about his extra curricular activities, with her and with Kiki (maybe even with Claudette if she went that far back)

The pacing on this show is wacky.   Carly starts talking to MIchael about the letter that Nelle wrote and I spend about 3 minutes thinking, 'what letter?'.  Then I remembered that three weeks from four sundays ago, Nelle mailed Michael a letter about how she forgives him.  Oy with the dropping of stuff and then picking it back up eons later.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

That wasn't why.  I'm pretty sure what he said was that Ava told the archdiocese about his extra curricular activities, with her and with Kiki (maybe even with Claudette if she went that far back)

Then he was excommunicated with cause. Sorry, Kiki, it wouldn't make it okay what Griffin did  just because the archdiocese didn'r know about it.

But still ridiculous that they would excommunicate him for having an affair even if he were still a priest..

11 minutes ago, Perkie said:

This is complete speculation and not routed in any spoiler whatsover, but I think were heading down the "Ava isn't Kiki's mother, Nina is" story.  Which would explain all of this.  

Would it? I mean why the HELL would Ava take Kiki? And then lie to Franco that she was his daughter? I guess maybe Donna Mills could have induced her by paying a monthly stipend but why would Donna Mills choose Ava to give the baby too?

That wasn't aimed towards you Perkie, but the show, because I do think they might do that too.

Carly's freakout is exactly why Michael should move.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is it that Wylie only shows up in scenes where Michael is there?

Because the show doesn't care about the (who)s?

Meanwhile, so many Corinthii stans on Twitter screaming that the swap has gone on too long.  It's been, what, two months?  In soap time, that's nothing!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Would it? I mean why the HELL would Ava take Kiki? And then lie to Franco that she was his daughter? I guess maybe Donna Mills could have induced her by paying a monthly stipend but why would Donna Mills choose Ava to give the baby too?

Ava wants a baby.  She was in love with Silas, so taking the baby keeps her connected to him.  She lies to Franco because Madeline swore her to secrecy.

I thought the original story was that Madeline paid Ava to have an affair with Silas to prove to Nina that he was no good.  (or maybe I made that last part up!!!).  That would explain why she would sell the baby to Ava.  

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Because the show thinks they are clever in showing us Michael with his son and he doesn't know it.  

• Love 1

I never understood why, if Ava was apparently so in love with dumb dead Silas, she didn't use Kiki back in the day to try and trap him.

Making Nina's coma baby THAT WE NEVER CARED ABOUT Kiki would be the laziest thing the show could do.  So that's what they're gonna do.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Ava wants a baby.  She was in love with Silas, so taking the baby keeps her connected to him.  She lies to Franco because Madeline swore her to secrecy.

I thought the original story was that Madeline paid Ava to have an affair with Silas to prove to Nina that he was no good.  (or maybe I made that last part up!!!).  That would explain why she would sell the baby to Ava.  

I'm pretty sure it was an affair of just plain old lust for sexy Silas.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I never understood why, if Ava was apparently so in love with dumb dead Silas, she didn't use Kiki back in the day to try and trap him.

Making Nina's coma baby THAT WE NEVER CARED ABOUT Kiki would be the laziest thing the show could do.  So that's what they're gonna do.

As played by Kristen Alderson. Tee hee hee.

It was clearly just to slow down the search for the daughter who will turn out to Kiki. 

Since Ava and Kiki can't stand each other right now, where is the drama in making Nina her mother?  Kiki already hates Ava so why would she care if she turned out not to be her mother.  Also, even if Nina is the birth mother, Nina was never going to raise Kiki since she was in a coma, so its not like Ava robbed Kiki of some relationship.  If Ava hadn't raised her someone else would have.  And Madeline never would have let Silas know he had a daughter because it would have given him a claim to her estate.  Where was the damage to Kiki?  I just don't get what the point would be.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Since Ava and Kiki can't stand each other right now, where is the drama in making Nina her mother?  Kiki already hates Ava so why would she care if she turned out not to be her mother.  Also, even if Nina is the birth mother, Nina was never going to raise Kiki since she was in a coma, so its not like Ava robbed Kiki of some relationship.  If Ava hadn't raised her someone else would have.  And Madeline never would have let Silas know he had a daughter because it would have given him a claim to her estate.  Where was the damage to Kiki?  I just don't get what the point would be.

To give Nina more connections?

On a shallow note, can someone run a comb through Maxie's hair and tuck it behind her ear on the one side? Thank you.

Are we sure Griffin got "excommunicated" or just "GH excommunicated". All I understand is that he was barred from the Sacraments, and he can't give spiritual advice, and he can't celebrate Mass (I thought I heard he can't go to Mass...) and.... and.... in any case.....

EXCOMMUNICATION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!

It's definitely more than just dropped a dime accusation, and a little bit more than just one meeting with a Monsignor....

Anywho, leave it to Show to Sonnyprop with no Sonny, with the "funky coffee" comment. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

Robin's empathy wasn't present in that scene.  She never ever thought about how the news impacted Drew.  That Drew didn't choose the situation.  

I think I understand your perspective.  It's true that she wasn't going "there, there Drew, I'm sooo sorry for this situation, it must suck for you."  Some people have reacted like she was a cold, uncaring person in that scene with Drew.  I just didn't see her as utterly lacking in empathy, just firm because she had recently seen and talked to Jason, and was positive he was who he said he was.  In that same time frame, Drew was written as practically demanding that those who were close to Jason say "You are Jason, that other guy is some imposter, no question." So that put Robin in an awkward position, in my opinion - she was trying to be honest without being mean, by saying the connections he had built still had high value even though he doesn't have the identity he believes is his. If Robin had entered Elizabeth's house and said, "Why are you here? You're NOT Jake's father. It's time for you to accept that you ARE NOT Jason, and move ON with your life" I would agree with the other posters here. I will agree that she didn't spend time thinking about how Drew was coping, most likely because her life is in California now and she had spent very little time with him. While she felt grateful to him for saving her from the elevator bomb and thought he was a kind person, she realized that she didn't actually know him. It made sense to me that she was thinking about Sam and Jason's lives because she's had a long history with them. She verbally empathized with Sam to Jason. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Because the person Ava care most about in the world is herself and back then the police suspected Silas and her of trying to kill Nina for her money. If she got together with Silas after Nina fell into a coma, that would make them look even guiltier. 

As for Kiki being coma baby, I thought that was going to happened way back when Franco became friends with Nina so they could give him an conventional family with Nina and Kiki.

So, Carly is going to figure out the truth about Wiley. Because she kept throwing looks at the baby and tomorrow, Wiley is going to have issues with his heart. The same way that Michael did when he was born.

• Love 1

Once again, Lulu makes ridiculous demands for her dumb article for The Intruder. Good luck with that, Girl Reporter. And way to betray you best friend, you nitwit. There's no reason to tell Peter what Maxie is feeling about him.

Ava's stupendous pettiness at ratting Griffin out to the archdiocese should be a lot more entertaining that it is, even as her going so scorched earth is something I really dislike about her.

I had to laugh when Carly asked Michael if he were seeing anyone about his grief, as if she's some big proponent of therapy. 

It's really gross that Valentin and Curtis are so set on Sasha being Nina's daughter. I mean, she probably is, but Sasha doesn't need Curtis and Valentin mansplaining her past to her. Ugh.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Because the show thinks they are clever in showing us Michael with his son and he doesn't know it.  

Once again, Anvil sighs with exhaustion. And then we have to listen to Michael feeling like more than a cousin. STAHP.

If the apartment is too hot, Lauren, CALL THE SUPER AND OPEN A WINDOW.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, I guess Griffin would know, that he was doing something against Church degree?  Then again, this is a priest that had an affair with a married parishioner and a Catholic who engaged in premarital sex with two women in a 12-hour period and is buddies with a mobster so  how tightly he holds onto these tenants is...debatable?

My mouth dropped open when Griffin said he wasn't allowed to receive any of the sacraments, including Confession.  It is inconceivable that the Catholic Church would withhold this sacrament since Confession would allow Griffin to receive absolution for ALL sins that he has committed and thus brining him back into a state of grace.   If Sonny Corinthos can go to Confession, how is it Griffin cannot?  Griffin did not say he was excommunicated.   But what did he do that was so bad he cannot receive the sacraments?  I think it was something like living in a town where people know he used to be a priest.     What a ridiculous storyline.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I think I understand your perspective.  It's true that she wasn't going "there, there Drew, I'm sooo sorry for this situation, it must suck for you."  Some people have reacted like she was a cold, uncaring person in that scene with Drew.  I just didn't see her as utterly lacking in empathy, just firm because she had recently seen and talked to Jason, and was positive he was who he said he was.  In that same time frame, Drew was written as practically demanding that those who were close to Jason say "You are Jason, that other guy is some imposter, no question." So that put Robin in an awkward position, in my opinion - she was trying to be honest without being mean, by saying the connections he had built still had high value even though he doesn't have the identity he believes is his. If Robin had entered Elizabeth's house and said, "Why are you here? You're NOT Jake's father. It's time for you to accept that you ARE NOT Jason, and move ON with your life" I would agree with the other posters here. I will agree that she didn't spend time thinking about how Drew was coping, most likely because her life is in California now and she had spent very little time with him. While she felt grateful to him for saving her from the elevator bomb and thought he was a kind person, she realized that she didn't actually know him. It made sense to me that she was thinking about Sam and Jason's lives because she's had a long history with them. She verbally empathized with Sam to Jason. 

That has zip to do with not being empathetic to someone who's had his life turned upside down.  Why does it matter if she "knew" him or not?  He was a victim too.  Do you not feel empathy for total strangers when you read/hear news stories about their plight?  How is that different from Drew's situation?  It was terrible writing for the iconic Robin who many tout(ed) as the heart of GH over the years.  

Agree to disagree on this topic.  

• Love 6

Griffin said something about he wasn’t supposed to provide spiritual guidance once he gave up the priesthood, but he continued to do so anyway. I’m not catholic and I know nothing about what it takes to be ex-communicated or anything like it. But that seems like the lamest possible reason to bar someone from the church. 

Hell, catholic politicians who are pro- choice haven’t been ex-communicated. For that matter, pedophile priests haven’t been ex-communicated. Griffin’s ‘crimes’ were nothing compared to that.

• Love 2

I hope Sasha or some other new character is Nina's baby.  Making it Kiki just sucks all the drama out of everything.

Alexis talking to Julian about her therapy made me wonder whatever happened to that plot point? Did it get buried under Carly's stay in Ferncliffe, Michael's baby sadz and Sonny's pain about Mike?

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh when Carly asked Michael if he were seeing anyone about his grief, as if she's some big proponent of therapy. 

Carly has always been big on different rules for her and for other people.

2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Are we sure Griffin got "excommunicated" or just "GH excommunicated". All I understand is that he was barred from the Sacraments, and he can't give spiritual advice, and he can't celebrate Mass (I thought I heard he can't go to Mass...) and.... and.... in any case.....

GH excommunicated is like GH "the hospital took away Griffin's license".

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I will agree that she didn't spend time thinking about how Drew was coping, most likely because her life is in California now and she had spent very little time with him. While she felt grateful to him for saving her from the elevator bomb and thought he was a kind person, she realized that she didn't actually know him. It made sense to me that she was thinking about Sam and Jason's lives because she's had a long history with them. She verbally empathized with Sam to Jason. 

That's where I see the lack of empathy, that she was thinking of Sam and Jason but not Drew.  Of the three of them, at the time Drew was suffering the most.  Sam fell in love with a man who thought he was Jason. She thought he was Jason too and married him.  It was upsetting to find  that he wasn't really Jason but luckily for her, he's a better man than Jason is.

Jason did suffer being drugged and losing five years of his life but at that point in the story, he was back and getting everything he wanted.  Drew was not only a prisoner and tortured and brainwashed, at that point in the show he was not only in danger of losing his wife, his sons and the life he was living, he had lost all sense of self. The memories he had of growing up, of loving not just Sam but Robin too, he was being told all that was fake. There was nothing of who he felt he was and what he had built that wasn't lost to him.

Empathy is not about how well you know the other person, it's about how much he or she is suffering.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

A++. As always.

• Love 1

Am I mis-remembering or didn't Michael have some heart issue as a newborn?  God, the anvils on this show.  Just let it be found out, let Carly and Sonny screech for a day (you know somehow they'll blame Alexis for being a "part of this") and then Wylie/Jonah/MCIV can be brought into the House of Horrors and be a fully assimilated Corinthii. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Am I mis-remembering or didn't Michael have some heart issue as a newborn?  God, the anvils on this show.  Just let it be found out, let Carly and Sonny screech for a day (you know somehow they'll blame Alexis for being a "part of this") and then Wylie/Jonah/MCIV can be brought into the House of Horrors and be a fully assimilated Corinthii. 

Oh, no, they'll blame Julian. And Ava just because.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Maxie saying Peter's abs had abs... um, no they didn't, and  puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon.gif

I do not want to see Maxie crushing on Peter. Please no.

Seriously, Maxie - how short is your recall? It wasn't that long ago that you were married to a guy whose abs actually had abs... does this jog your memory?

Ryan Paevey - General Hospital 6-6-14 01.jpg

• Love 11