Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Re-knit it into socks and mitts for the homeless of Port Charles.

Very "Lamb to the Slaughter".

But even if Ava was to shove the blanket into a trash chute, it will be retrieved, inexplicably, by a dumpster diving Sonnyphile.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I'm guessing this baby switch will be revealed right about the time that Mike dies.  And Michael will find out his baby survived, and name him...wait for it...Michael Corinthos IV, after his grandfather.  Question is - will the baby be called Mike?  Mikey?  Mickey?

Gawd, that'd be horrible for AJ, both his son and his grandson named after his murderer.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Re-knit it into socks and mitts for the homeless of Port Charles.

But, but, but, MOrgan wore socks and mitts.  What kind of terrible person are you?

Was it just me, or was that Nelle/Joss fight the worst fight in the history of all fights?  First off, Nelle was awfully spry considering she just gave birth in the woods yesterday.  Second, exactly how did JOss get those giant scratches on her forehead.  Nelle tossed her down, she looked like she landed on her hands, her face never seemed to really be anywhere near the ground, yet she gets up with these three instant huge gashes, that somehow were not bleeding.  Then some more fake looking hitting and kicking that someone gave both girls more gashes around the face area and then Jordan strolls over and breaks it up.  Alrighty then.  

• Love 6

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan is one of patients 1 - 5.

But while I  could see why Anna and Alex might be potential twins for Faison because they have SuperSpy skills,  why would he kidnap Kevin and Ryan? What use would they be as mind-controlled weapons?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But while I  could see why Anna and Alex might be potential twins for Faison because they have SuperSpy skills,  why would he kidnap Kevin and Ryan? What use would they be as mind-controlled weapons?

I'm sorry, are you expecting stuff to make sense?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Kevin does cryptography, that's how he and Laura got together, but that's all I've got.

• Love 1

There is one last person who gets away with stuff against the Corinthii: Ava. If she doesn't get away with this blanket stuff I'll be shocked.

The police let JA-nelle escape and a 15 year old catches her for them, while everyone else gathers around poor Carly: "What is one week I am really glad Dante left for $100?"

• Love 5
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Griffin really is the worst.  That the show thinks this dude who is constantly judging his girlfriend's actions and whether they met his moral standards as well as who slept with her daughter ten seconds after they were on a break is "a good man" is insane to me.  He's not, he sucks!

Payback is a bitch even if it’s unintentional. Remember when Ava slept with Morgan who was with Kiki?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

But, but, but, MOrgan wore socks and mitts.  What kind of terrible person are you?

Was it just me, or was that Nelle/Joss fight the worst fight in the history of all fights?  First off, Nelle was awfully spry considering she just gave birth in the woods yesterday.  Second, exactly how did JOss get those giant scratches on her forehead.  Nelle tossed her down, she looked like she landed on her hands, her face never seemed to really be anywhere near the ground, yet she gets up with these three instant huge gashes, that somehow were not bleeding.  Then some more fake looking hitting and kicking that someone gave both girls more gashes around the face area and then Jordan strolls over and breaks it up.  Alrighty then.  

I seen worse, trust me I think this was one of the better female fights 

9 hours ago, Linny said:

How typically gross of GH to let the Joss/Nelle showdown devolve into a fistfight ('cause women fight like alley cats whereas men just throw a punch and pull a gun and call it a day, right?) AND we're told that level of violence is okay so long as one party is evil. Nelle did attack first and put Joss on the defensive, but Joss telling Michael how much she enjoyed herself isn't a good look for her. This wasn't Joss "doing her civic duty" by taking down a criminal; she went into this grabbing Nelle's arm and calling her a bitch. She was clearly looking for an altercation to vent her feelings, and relished that Nelle provided the opportunity to turn to violence. That's not okay in my book and I won't condone her behavior, even if it is coming from a teenager.

It’s a show, I loved every second of it. Nelle deserved every bit of it. And joss was walking away until Nelle pushed from behind 

• Love 1
On 8/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, LexieLily said:

I really hope they aren't setting anything up with Lulu and Chase.

That’s what it looked like to me, or at least a chemistry test. I would prefer a Lulu/Michael pairing, just so I could FF both at the same time.

On 8/1/2018 at 5:21 PM, MarciNJ said:

How exactly did Nelle/Dr. O cut the umbilical cord?

That, and how did Brad get the baby all cleaned up and powder fresh before Lucas saw him? Did he stop by a car wash on the way home and hose NotWiley down?

On 8/2/2018 at 10:05 PM, ciarra said:

Carly suddenly has a few changes of clothes.  I wonder if Jason packed Carly's clothes himself, took tongs to gather her undies and bras?  "Ewww, girly things."

I was just happy to see that she had finally changed out of her ONE psych ward ensemble. After 2 weeks in the same clothes, she must have smelled as bad as Peter in the cabin.

19 hours ago, Perkie said:

It's a knitted blanket.  All she needs to do is un-knit it.  

Hahaha...this made me laugh. So true. But if soap characters chose the easiest, most logical solutions, I guess we’d have no drama. Or at least no plaaaans.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I would prefer a Lulu/Michael pairing,

Eewwwwwww.  That would be gross seeing as they are blood related.  

Poor Michael, he's related to everyone in town except the Scorpio-Jones family tree.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, sunnyface said:

While Jonah does mean 'dove' - it does not mean peace.  The book of Jonah is about this reluctant guy who is sent to Ninevah to tell folks to repent.  Sigh.

And, based on that story,  to be a Jonah is to be a person who brings bad luck. That was the first thing I thought of when I heard the name. It's a nice name, but it sure carries a lot of negative baggage that I don't think the writers considered. I think they went as far as "dove" and figured "OK, we're set." 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Is it wrong that I wanted Nelle to push joss in the water and then walk away? Lol!

I went even further. I was hoping in her improbable escape from the hospital that happened off camera (going back to that well too soon, writers), she'd managed to steal the police officer's gun.  

8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

And in-laws.

Being in laws wouldn’t be an obstacle to having an affair or people getting together. But as others have stated, Looloo and SLS are blood related and cousins. So add me to the chorus of EWWWW!!

• Love 2

Not that I want to hobble Lulu with sad sack Michael,  much less force Laura into the Corinthos clan, but Michael and Lulu are second cousins and share only 12.5% of their DNA. People who have lived in small towns for generations probably share more.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

The police let JA-nelle escape and a 15 year old catches her for them, while everyone else gathers around poor Carly: "What is one week I am really glad Dante left for $100?"

Thank god for small favors.  If Dante was on screen right now he would've been at the freakin' safe house, aka Grand Central Station, telling Carly and Sonny that, gosh darnit, if they didn't turn themselves in within, oh, say a week, he was gonna be really upset.

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Not that I want to hobble Lulu with sad sack Michael,  much less force Laura into the Corinthos clan, but Michael and Lulu are second cousins and share only 12.5% of their DNA. People who have lived in small towns for generations probably share more.

They're first cousins once removed, actually (Carly's kids and Lulu's kids are second cousins to each other other). And they share 6 percent of DNA. Still yucky lol. I do admit to shipping them back in 09 when it was Julie Berman and Drew Garrett, but I didn't know they were cousins until my mother told me (I was like 10 lol). 

Edited by teenj12
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

also, Lulu can't have kids anyway. But, still, gross

Edited by MarciNJ
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

There is one last person who gets away with stuff against the Corinthii: Ava. If she doesn't get away with this blanket stuff I'll be shocked.

Considering Ava had a scene with Michael that she explicitly denies being Nelle's accomplice, plus Julian is involved, I can see this biting her in the butt big time so that Ava is forced to give Avery back to her mother, er, Carly.

5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Eewwwwwww.  That would be gross seeing as they are blood related.  

Poor Michael, he's related to everyone in town except the Scorpio-Jones family tree.  

Yeah, forgot about that. But who isn’t related in this incestuous town? I’m surprised everybody doesn’t have 16 toes and hemophilia.

I’d still be up for pairing them somehow, just so I could ignore them together. Maybe they can be a crack journalism team, the anti-Woodward & Bernstein.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Thank god for small favors.  If Dante was on screen right now he would've been at the freakin' safe house, aka Grand Central Station, telling Carly and Sonny that, gosh darnit, if they didn't turn themselves in within, oh, say a week, he was gonna be really upset.

More likely we'd have Sonny getting exasperated at Dante being a cop, and why can't he put family first? Ugh. DZ must be thrilled not to have to deal with this nonsense anymore.

• Love 3

Was Nelle ever put on trial for Zack's murder?  Or was she even charged?  (I'm a bit confused from the real-life case they stole it from.)  Double jeopardy, and a hand wave for her other crimes and she's back out on the street. 

18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Nelle was arrested but never charged for Zack/h's murder because she slept with Chase and called it in, thereby tainting the case.

And I guess there was only one police officer on the force.  No one else could pick up where Chase left off and investigate Nelle.  Oy

5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But who isn’t related in this incestuous town? I’m surprised everybody doesn’t have 16 toes and hemophilia.

But poor Michael is the worst off.  Between the Spencer family tree and the Quartermain family tree, and the fact that adopted father Sonny has children with every woman who shows up in town, the Corithos family tree.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Nelle was arrested but never charged for Zack/h's murder because she slept with Chase and called it in, thereby tainting the case.

This might be Nelle's exit. Zack's family calls dibs on convicting her, and she goes down to Florida for justice.

Edited by NutmegsDad
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Isn’t she her aunt? Cause Luke is Carly’s mom brother which makes him her uncle and Lulu is Luke’s daughter which makes her Carly’s cousin 

2 minutes ago, gp1999 said:

Isn’t she her aunt? Cause Luke is Carly’s mom brother which makes him her uncle and Lulu is Luke’s daughter which makes her Carly’s cousin

Who is the 'she' and the 'her' in your question? Bobbie? She is Lulu's aunt. Lulu and Carly are first cousins. As teenj said, Michael and Lulu are first cousins, once removed. Going further, Michael and Rocco are biological second cousins on the Spencer side, and non-biological uncle and nephew on the Corinthos side.

On 8/3/2018 at 4:01 PM, statsgirl said:

I was surprised that there actually were patients 1 - 5. I thought the 'patient 6' think was an homage to Seal Team 6.

I took it as a homage to THE PRISONER.  

I watched a bit of GH to check out Chloe Lanier in her last storyline, and I was very impressed with her work.  (That scene where she told Michael their baby "didn't make it" - if I hadn't seen the previous scenes, and had only caught it as I was flipping through channels, I would have sworn from her acting that her baby really had died!).  Why does GH only write in a way that showcases someone's talent when they are on their way out the door?   This fakakta show....

• Love 3
8 hours ago, yowsah1 said:
On 8/3/2018 at 4:01 PM, statsgirl said:

I was surprised that there actually were patients 1 - 5. I thought the 'patient 6' think was an homage to Seal Team 6.

I took it as a homage to THE PRISONER.  

I'm sure it was much more random that that. A writer: "We can't have Jason be some random prisoner; what number should he be?"

Another writer: "Uh, six? A half dozen is twice the comedy rule of three."

Rest of writers: "Great!"

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

I wish DZ had been wasted the way Chloe Lanier has been the past two years.

It's ridiculous that someone of his talent hasn't had a front burner story since Dante's idiotic affair with Valerie. (Which—who?) There was so much material to mine, and of course the writers lose interest and poor Dante is reduced to coming into Sonny's house and apologizing for arresting someone who clearly deserves it. No one wonder DZ left when this contract ended. With Jason back, there's no way Dante would get more to do. He didn't get much with Jason gone.

• Love 9
On 8/3/2018 at 4:56 PM, Sake614 said:

Is it wrong that I wanted Nelle to push joss in the water and then walk away? Lol!

That would have been perfect; such a wasted opportunity. I had to laugh at Jordan announcing to Michael that his sister helped to apprehend a "dangerous criminal/fugitive" as Nelle is brought in, handcuffed. Nelle is the same size as teen-age Joss if not physically smaller and should have been weak from giving birth - and she didn't have a weapon on her.  Yeah. Joss is sooo brave for shoving a woman from behind and the other stupid moves after the woman pushed her to the ground.  GMAB.  The only good that came from the fight scene was CL convincingly playing crazy and her accurate insults (e.g. brat, mother's minion) of Joss and Carly.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Who is the 'she' and the 'her' in your question? Bobbie? She is Lulu's aunt. Lulu and Carly are first cousins. As teenj said, Michael and Lulu are first cousins, once removed. Going further, Michael and Rocco are biological second cousins on the Spencer side, and non-biological uncle and nephew on the Corinthos side.

Lol damn it I meant his aunt. Wouldn’t lulu be michaels aunt?

1 hour ago, gp1999 said:

First cousin once removed.  Bobbie and Luke are siblings.  Their children Carly and Lulu are first cousins and Carly's son Michael is Lulu's first cousin once removed.

Edited by Katy M
9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The only good that came from the fight scene was CL convincingly playing crazy and her accurate insults (e.g. brat, mother's minion) of Joss and Carly.

And the best thing coming out of Nelle's exit story is that CL seems liberated. The writers have finally been forced to pick a lane with this all-over-the-place character we've had for two years, and CL is going for broke. She's entertaining as this unambiguously nasty version of Nelle. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, gp1999 said:

In some families yes, those types of cousins are referred to as aunts/uncles/nieces/nephews.  Technically they would be considered cousins as far as I know.

14 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The writers have finally been forced to pick a lane with this all-over-the-place character we've had for two years, and CL is going for broke. She's entertaining as this unambiguously nasty version of Nelle. 

I'm sorry Nelle has to be this unhinged (it feels misogynistic to me), but at least she has a definite POV.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm sorry Nelle has to be this unhinged (it feels misogynistic to me), but at least she has a definite POV.

And her POV is correct - Carly and the Corinthii en masse deserve to suffer.

• Love 16

OG Monica (to Michael): You'll grieve...but you'll endure.

Me: Wise words from the unfortunate expert in grieving for dead children.  Maybe remember this the next time you stan for Sonny, Mikey.

In all seriousness, Monica was great today, both with Drew and with Michael.  But it was kinda weird they crammed in Michael interacting with Lucas/Brad and Monica and Sam all in one episode.  I guess they had to race through the non-Corinthii moments re: the baby's "death" #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

It's a little late for Sam to be having that talk with Jason about his priorities but I'm glad she got to say something. Jason ended up proving her point correct when he asked her to watch out for Michael when he was gone. Michael, not Danny or even Jake.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It's a little late for Sam to be having that talk with Jason about his priorities but I'm glad she got to say something. Jason ended up proving her point correct when he asked her to watch out for Michael when he was gone. Michael, not Danny or even Jake.

I have no clue why they actually have these convos when Sam is just going to head right back to that.   Is the show really going to try and tell a story of Lassie being conflicted over his "two families?"  Because if they do, then that would basically make him Drew and Jason would never do that!  I mean the show keeps on telling us that over and over again! 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Hater said:

I have no clue why they actually have these convos when Sam is just going to head right back to that.   Is the show really going to try and tell a story of Lassie being conflicted over his "two families?"  Because if they do, then that would basically make him Drew and Jason would never do that!

Oh, Jason won't be conflicted. He'll continue to put Carly/Michael/Sonny first like always and Sam will push down all of her rightful feelings about it to accept that for herself. I don't care if Sam wants to accept that for herself but at the bare minimum she should demand better for her son.

But I love that Drew and Monica have a great relationship. 

• Love 9

Drew is like the anti-Jason, he wants to do the right thing and he wants to stay in the shadows because he doesn't have the arrogance.  It's almost like the show is mocking who the Jason stans want.

That scene of Sam pushing Jason to stay for Michael pointed out a lot of the problems with the dysfunctional Corinthos family and acted like they were good thing.  Not only does Sam completely ignore Jason being around for his own kids and talks about how she accepts that Jason would do anything for Carly, and then she tells him he needs to stay around for Michael.  Like Sonny, Joss, Monica and other Quartermaines aren't enough for this thirty year old man, he needs Jason to wipe him too.

There was no point to Brad being down at the station since Nelle was captured -- except to show how sadz Michael is.

I'm on Team Nelle. Ava was wrong to get Julian to return the blanket, none the least because it jeopardizes all the progress he has made to go straight.

I wish Monica had said something to Michael about losing AJ as well as Dawn and Emily.  Because Sonny apologist.

• Love 11