Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm so disappointed that they undercut Ava's fantastic dismissal of Griffin by having her return to his hotel room to grovel for forgiveness. Griffin is gross to immediately turn to Kiki for comfort, and in doing so he's proving that Ava's assessment of him is right: he's interested in the allure of a damsel in distress but is incapable of committing to a full-fledged relationship with a woman who's more than just a creature for him to save.

I was kind of hoping for more outrage from Lulu when she learned of Peter's betrayal, and maybe that's yet to come, but she seemed more befuddled than upset. Nina's reaction was pretty perfect, though, she truly looked like the ground had fallen from underneath her feet.

All we needed was Lucy and the llama wandering through to cap off the absurdity of the tableau at the pier. I really don't understand what I'm supposed to be getting from Peter here. He's mocking Anna's story and calling her a bitch and yet he's also crying like he believes Anna. And Anna's just taking his shit and bargaining on his behalf even after he actively threatened her life by pulling a gun on her and passively threatened her by encouraging Jason to shoot her. It's a thorough MESS.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Did Nina connect the dots yet on why Valentin suddenly want to take that vacation with her and Charlotte, or is he going to skate on that, too?

That happened yesterday.

27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And then Ava goes back to apologize.

I totally didn't understand that AT ALL.  She tears a strip off of griffin, lays it all out there, dumps his self righteous-Sonny loving ass, and storms out.  Cut to commercial.  Come back from commercial and she's back at his door, banging on it and asking for a second chance.  What?  I actually thought it would be a dream sequence, that she would open the door and find him in bed with someoen else, with Kiki, whoever, but no, it was legit.  she went begging, literally seven minutes after she dumped him. 

Finally, finally, Kiki tells someone about the harrasment.  Though it was MIchael, so that's probably the same as not telling anyone.  

• Love 14

I'm just now catching up with last week.  Maybe it's because I just had a baby two months ago so hormones but Valentin's song you guys....I cried.  I thought it was beautiful.  Ditto for Mike and Sonny.  Really sweet moment.  Drew proved himself a better man than Sonny could ever be by showing Sonny compassion.  I also thought Ava's song was awesome!  As much as everyone says it was a big fuck you to Sonny I think it could also apply to Griffin.  It's super annoying because when they first got together I thought they were hot.  Now he's on his sanctimonious high horse.  He's a hypocrite.  I would love to see her with Scotty!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

All we needed was Lucy and the llama wandering through to cap off the absurdity of the tableau at the pier

OMG, I would have paid actual money if we'd had a long shot of the pier, with Sam, Jason, peter, Finn, Anna, Robert and the uniformed cop, and in the background, walking under the staircase, the llama by itself!!

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Did Nina connect the dots yet on why Valentin suddenly want to take that vacation with her and Charlotte,

She brought Charlotte to stay with LUlu and told Lulu what Val's plans were and she was not amused or defending Valentin as she usaully  does.  Later Dante called to tell Nina that Peter is Henrik and that Valentin knew all along so methinks this is the end of the Cassadine marriage.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Finally, finally, Kiki tells someone about the harrasment.  Though it was MIchael, so that's probably the same as not telling anyone.

He is on the hospital board. He can actually do something about this. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

He is on the hospital board. He can actually do something about this. 

But she begged him not to say anything and he was all "dooped de doop, okie dokie". So nothing will come of it.  

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The writing for Anna today was embarrassing. When Jason Morgan is more reasonable than you, there's a problem. Anna is willing to risk not only her life but Robin's life and Emma's life so Jason won't kill Peter/Heinrich?

It was BEYOND EMBARASSING.  A FUCKING INSULT to the character.?????

40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh Show, nobody is on LWB/FS's side or feeling his pain when he calls Anna Devane a bitch.  Everything about this reveal was horrible.

Also horrible?  Griffin.  SHUT UP FOREVER!

It was HORRID. And I can't believe I'm agreeing that piece of shit turd, Peter. Except for calling Anna a bitch, she IS the woman who gave birth to him. She didn't raise him, or have any say or hand in raising him. I'm still holding out for the hope that her baby died, and Peter, another spawn of Faison's, has been passed off as Anna's. And I also want a horsie.

Ditto to STFU, Griffin. So the FUCK WHAT if Ava's perfomance was a slap in Mooby's face.

39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What a thoroughly unpleasant episode.  Jason acts like God around Anna, Anna is crying (I so much wanted her to shoot Jason) and someone needs to kill Spinelli right now.  He's hacking into the hospital data base to get info on Maxie, and then he's keeping Sam from going down to the pier because she's a weak wimminz. At least Finn contacted Robert even if he did go down to the pier.

The writing for both Anna and Peter was awful.

Griffin is now insufferable. Ava was mean to poor Sonny. What a bitch she is. And then Ava goes back to apologize. (I was hoping the show would cut to Griffin slicing his wrists in the bath tub but no, he's gone down to Kiki. How did he know she'd be there since "the ball has been over for hours" according to what Kiki told Michael.

Robert was the only bright spot in today's episode. I was so hoping he'd have to come in and unarm everyone. Overhear Anna breaking her promise to him and rip her a new one. There, I said it. This is NOT Anna. NOT ANNA!FUCKING!DEVANE! This is POD!ANNA. Frank and whoever has been writing this SHIT can FUCK OFF AND DIE IN A DUMPSTER FIRE.???????

14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, Valentin is ALREADY free?  The way that was handled with him and Robert was so bizarre.

I'm so disappointed in Day Player Sergeant. He should have called Valentin's bluff.

3 minutes ago, Linny said:

All we needed was Lucy and the llama wandering through to cap off the absurdity of the tableau at the pier. I really don't understand what I'm supposed to be getting from Peter here. He's mocking Anna's story and calling her a bitch and yet he's also crying like he believes Anna. And Anna's just taking his shit and bargaining on his behalf even after he actively threatened her life by pulling a gun on her and passively threatened her by encouraging Jason to shoot her. It's a thorough MESS.

I HATE THIS STORY SO FUCKING MUCH. ????There aren't enough words or emojis to express my deep seated RAGE at this massacring of Anna's character and her history.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Was there any mention that Michael is on the board at GH? If he can get his head out of his ass for five minutes, he might actually do something useful for Lauren.

ETA: Saw this,

11 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But she begged him not to say anything and he was all "dooped de doop, okie dokie". So nothing will come of it.  

So he does not get his head out of his ass. Oh, Michael.

• Love 2

Griffin was seriously upset that Ava sang a song that wasn't sweet, and said it was a weapon aimed at Sonny.  WTF?  Why on earth would she want to be with this insipid loser?

Personally, I wondered if Sonny didn't get a little uncomfortably hot and bothered by Ava's song.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Was there any mention that Michael is on the board at GH? If he can get his head out of his ass for five minutes, he might actually do something useful for Lauren.

As someone above said, Michael did mention that, but Kiki asked him not to.

My question is - did she specifically name Dr. Bensch?  Because if she didn't, I sure could see this swinging back around on Poor, GOOD MAN Griffin somehow.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

My question is - did she specifically name Dr. Bensch?

Not during the scenes that we saw, but the actual telling of the story was done offscreen, we only saw his reaction to her story after the fact.  So, they left it a bit ambivalent there.  

8 minutes ago, bannana said:

Griffin was seriously upset that Ava sang a song that wasn't sweet, and said it was a weapon aimed at Sonny.  WTF?  Why on earth would she want to be with this insipid loser?

Personally, I wondered if Sonny didn't get a little uncomfortably hot and bothered by Ava's song.

when he said that line I thought maybe someone should tell Griffin Sonny isn't that delicate. Maxie's newborn isn't that damn delicate.

Finn is about the same age as Peter and has no mental way to guide him, and he isn't physically capable of stopping him from doing something stupid. How exactly is he gonna look out for him?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, bannana said:

Per Griffin, Ava was just supposed to shut up and take it when Sonny barely let her see Avery, but he'll defend Sonny's wittle feewings getting hurt from a goddamned song?  Dump this loser, Ava.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Per Griffin, Ava was just supposed to shut up and take it when Sonny barely let her see Avery, but he'll defend Sonny's wittle feewings getting hurt from a goddamned song?  Dump this loser, Ava.

I wish Ava would have retorted with the fact that he made a fuss every time he was in the same room with Julian, so he can stuff it with the hypocrisy.

How long has it been since Robert was drugged and kidnapped? Would whatever drug Valentin used still be in Robert's system?

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:
30 minutes ago, bannana said:

when he said that line I thought maybe someone should tell Griffin Sonny isn't that delicate. Maxie's newborn isn't that damn delicate.

FFS, it's a fucking SONG. It was one thing for Griffin to be angry with Ava for using Mike's illness. Objectively speaking, that was not nice. But a SONG? Good grief. This hypersensitivity of Griffin's for Sonny is so ridiculous. It also makes little sense. They barely interact unless Sonny needs propping.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

How long has it been since Robert was drugged and kidnapped? Would whatever drug Valentin used still be in Robert's system?

Who knows? Since we don't know how much time has passed in Show; in real life, it's been a week. And based on Robert's demeanor, whatever drug was used isn't in his system anymore. He's not weaving or stumbling, or slurring his words.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Also, didn't Robert see Valentin on the plane when the drug kicked in?  Wouldn't the word of a WSB agent be proof, at least enough to keep him in custody for a while?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, didn't Robert see Valentin on the plane when the drug kicked in?  Wouldn't the word of a WSB agent be proof, at least enough to keep him in custody for a while?

And now that I think about it, how can the PCPD release him when he was arrested under WSB authority and not by the cops?

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

FFS, it's a fucking SONG. It was one thing for Griffin to be angry with Ava for using Mike's illness. Objectively speaking, that was not nice. But a SONG? Good grief. This hypersensitivity of Griffin's for Sonny is so ridiculous. It also makes little sense. They barely interact unless Sonny needs propping.

Maybe Griffin thinks that Sonny is a damsel in distress and needs saving. Ava said he only cares about damsels who need saving.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Michael said that he's on the hospital board and offered to do something about Kiki's harassment but she asked him not to. WTH?  Is she not aware the Dr. Letch is harassing her? It would be so easy for someone from the Board or HR to speak to him, or move her to another doctor to shadow.

The parallel of Ava going back to Griffin to apologize for speaking the truth  and Kiki asking Michael not to do anything about the harassment is unsettling.

• Love 10

Again, I haven't yet seen today's ep, but does Ava know the specifics of the DNA test? IIRC, there were no names on the test results. I think Ava knows only that Griffin requested an unauthorized test.

Knowing this show, Ava will spill to someone, but somehow she'll bear the brunt of the anger. Or Nelle will somehow use it against her in a completely preposterous way. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

What exactly are Peter's crimes.  I mean, we have seen things, but what does the WSB know?  Is it holding Jason and mind-mapping Drew?

And he killed Faison, right?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

how can the PCPD release him when he was arrested under WSB authority and not by the cops?

Some nonsense about Robert punching him out at the ball in front of witnesses and Valentin was going to press charges unless Robert let him go.  Valentin squawked about trampling on his civil rights and voila, off to find Nina and Charlotte at Lulu's.  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Is she not aware the Dr. Letch is harassing her? It would be so easy for someone from the Board or HR to speak to him, or move her to another doctor to shadow.

She's aware, but she said she doesn't want to make a big deal about it.  Said she would just try to avoid him, which makes no sense since she's working only with him, since he changed the schedule to make it that she continue to shadow only him.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Ava knows only that Griffin requested an unauthorized test.

Correct.  She has no idea who the DNA test was for.  

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And he killed Faison, right?

Jason shot Faison.  Peter agravated Faison into having a heart attack.  Don't think you can arrest someone for that. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh Show, nobody is on LWB/FS's side or feeling his pain when he calls Anna Devane a bitch. 

I guess make that nobody plus one. While him calling her a bitch, I didn't have too much of a problem with it and I thought it worked especially looking at it from Peter's perspective. He's not exactly going to throw open his arms and have some happy reunion with her. From Peter's perspective, and all that he knows right now, he grew up with a sadist who treated him like crap because his mother tossed him aside. 

2 hours ago, Linny said:

He's mocking Anna's story and calling her a bitch and yet he's also crying like he believes Anna. And Anna's just taking his shit and bargaining on his behalf even after he actively threatened her life by pulling a gun on her and passively threatened her by encouraging Jason to shoot her. It's a thorough MESS.

He was only mocking her at first because he didn't buy the story and then I think he didn't want to believe it. By the end, he definitely believed her which is why he called her a bitch. And for all the gnashing of teeth about how unlike Anna this all is, I'm not sure what people expected her to do. Yeah, she took it because she feels guilty about what happened to him. Just because he pulled a gun on her doesn't mean she's just going to turn her back and let Jason kill him. 

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I totally didn't understand that AT ALL.  She tears a strip off of griffin, lays it all out there, dumps his self righteous-Sonny loving ass, and storms out.  Cut to commercial.  Come back from commercial and she's back at his door, banging on it and asking for a second chance.  What?  I actually thought it would be a dream sequence, that she would open the door and find him in bed with someoen else, with Kiki, whoever, but no, it was legit.  she went begging, literally seven minutes after she dumped him. 

I thought it was a dream sequence as well. I thought she would open the door and find him in bed with Kiki or he would open the door and a naked Kiki would be draped all over him and then Ava would wake up from it. It sucks they couldn't have left Ava with some dignity, at least for one episode. While I think she broke up with him for the wrong reasons (mostly her jealousy over him constantly hugging Kiki) I think she was absolutely right to dump him for constantly looking down on her and chastising her.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Maura West can sing. Who knew? That was a great song (very meta) and, she sang it with such power and gusto. I can't agree more about Sam's Miss Kitty dress. I can't believe that the wardrobe department thought that the dress would fly in 2018. Maybe, the 80's or 90's but not today. It was more a custome (A skit from the Carol Burnett Show) then a dress. Very odd.

No one!  That's why she was auto tuned to the nth degree.  She sounded like my mom's old Sandra Dee or Annette Funicello albums. 

• Love 2

This sounds mean but gawd help me it's true - when Anna finally 'fessed up she was Peter's mother and the camera lingered on her tortured expression before going to commercial, I saw the cartoon version of The Grinch.  I can't shake it now.

Why would Spinelli and Sam have to hack into the hospital computer to find out where Maxie is? So dumb.

With the harassment story, I wish Lauren would tell someone who would advise her to say something, and then we get her not wanting to say anything.

The paternalism/misogyny was really heavy today. Spin trying to stop Sam going to the pier, Jason "saving" Anna, 

SBu really couldn't muster up another expression than a glare when Anna finally admits she's Heinrich's mother? 

Michael, Dr. Bensch is breaking the law. I know you don't care much about that, but how about doing your friend Lauren a solid? You can sound out the board in a general way about Bensch and/or harassment. Or tell Lauren to ask around and see if anyone has been harassed by Bensch, and maybe they can all go to the board together. Michael is so milquetoast in every possible way.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, bannana said:

OMG ........I was thinking the same thing!  I loved her song!   Glad I wasn't the only one to think this...

• Love 3
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm so disappointed in Day Player Sergeant. He should have called Valentin's bluff.

I thought the cops could hold someone 24 hours w/o pressing charges.  He should have told Valentin to cool his jets.

1 hour ago, Barb1959 said:

Griffin was seriously upset that Ava sang a song that wasn't sweet, and said it was a weapon aimed at Sonny. 

Sonny is Griffin's true wuv.  And Ava was right for walking away.  Too bad she ruined it by coming crawling back.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Linny said:

One thing I still laugh about years later is something one of you guys said -- I think it was about the crypt sex? Anyway, it was some melodramatic thing and someone on this forum remarked, "All that was missing was Carlos bursting in bare-chested and yelling, 'Sabrrrrrrrina!' " So now I have the llama AND Carlos hamming it up to envision at the next big absurdity. 

• Love 4

Just finished watching Nurses Ball and I have one question: Why don’t they at least try to make it look like there are more than 15 people in the room?? It really wouldn’t be that hard. Mirrors, a few extras, or here’s a thought, just don’t show that the back of the room is only 20 feet from the stage!! If they did nothing else but shoot the tables from a 45-degree side angle, it would give the illusion that there could be dozens of other tables behind them, and that the people we see are just sitting up front and not the entire mf’ing crowd!! Seriously, this drives me nuts every year.

• Love 12

I just want to reiterate and approve of all the like-minded FUCK OFF GRIFFIN posts and the FUCK YOU SHOW posts for inserting an obligatory Ava groveling back to Griffin's hotel room. I can only add that Griffin is so much up Sonny's ass in propping him, he made his relationship with Ava all about Sonny.

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael, Dr. Bensch is breaking the law. I know you don't care much about that, but how about doing your friend Lauren a solid? You can sound out the board in a general way about Bensch and/or harassment. Or tell Lauren to ask around and see if anyone has been harassed by Bensch, and maybe they can all go to the board together. Michael is so milquetoast in every possible way.

Michael, as SLS Board Member, is also leaving the hospital liable for knowing about Bensch's skeeviness and not acting on it. I know this is following a #metoo template, but we just came off Franco's situation with Jim Harvey and debating whether to say anything and how it is his fault. There's got to be some learning curve or awareness to build on it rather than retread it.

17 hours ago, bannana said:

What exactly are Peter's crimes.

Being the son of Cesar Faison.

11 hours ago, ciarra said:
18 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I thought the cops could hold someone 24 hours w/o pressing charges.  He should have told Valentin to cool his jets.

Should have, but the scariest thing for the PCPD isn't the mob, but litigious lawyers.

• Love 5

Jesus God. I'm sorry but Griffin is just not a good actor. In all of these "fight scenes" with Ava he reminds me of when Data (the robot who wants to be human on Star Trek) decided to try dating and wrote programming that included a "lover's quarrel." It was equally absurd, stilted and laughable.

He can't pull off hot or cold.  

• Love 8

I thought Ava and Griffin should have broken up when he couldn't reciprocate the same feelings of being in love with her. After all these months if he hasn't felt it yet then he never will.

My problem with Ava is not that she is crawling after a man. She walked in and saw Kiki crying in Griffin's arms and her only reaction was insecurity that she is losing him to Kiki. She doesn't seem to be the least bit curious about what is wrong with Kiki. And unlike Ava, Kiki has never tried to go after a man involved with her mother, so she has no reason to believe that Kiki will try to betray her that way.

• Love 11
(edited)

I don't think Griffin was ever going to tell Ava he loved her. I don't he's capable of loving someone like Ava (although he does love Sonny, but everyone has to love Sonny, so there's that). After he gave up the priesthood, she became his pet project. The whole breakup was cringy AF and Ava did not need to go back to the room to beg for him to take her back, because that was going to happen had he been there.

The Dr. Bensch situation is disturbing. If Michael has a name, his ass needs to get on that ASAP. Him not acting makes him an accomplice. And Griffin is picking up on what's going on and he needs to say something too. The whole thing is skeevy.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

Michael, as SLS Board Member, is also leaving the hospital liable for knowing about Bensch's skeeviness and not acting on it. I know this is following a #metoo template,

Ooh, now I want Lauren to sue the hospital into oblivion, but of course that would make her a terrible person.

6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Dr. Bensch situation is disturbing. If Michael has a name, his ass needs to get on that ASAP. Him not acting makes him an accomplice. And Griffin is picking up on what's going on and he needs to say something too. The whole thing is skeevy.

Yeah, it's disappointing there are no male allies in this story. I don't know how much longer they're going to drag this story out, but I hope Lauren gets some appropriate support from Michael/Griffin/Finn/some other man involved at GH (Felix? He'd be a decent ally, I think) or else she's able to yell at them for being utterly useless in the situation.

• Love 4

Not only are there no male allies, there are no female ones either. Kiki badly needs to talk to Pip, or Elizabeth or Kim if she feels she can't go to Monica  (who she knows after her relationships with Michael and Dillon). I can understand why she doesn't confide in Ava but there are other mentors around.

And I'd really like to see Pip's reaction.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Pip would march right up to Bensch and in no uncertain terms tell him to knock it off or she'd see he not only got fired from GH, but he'd never work again.

Which explains why Pip isn't involved in this story, LOL.

I don't get why Lauren hasn't asked any of the other women in the most general terms if they've been harassed. That wouldn't end the story.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Not only are there no male allies, there are no female ones either. Kiki badly needs to talk to Pip, or Elizabeth or Kim if she feels she can't go to Monica  (who she knows after her relationships with Michael and Dillon). I can understand why she doesn't confide in Ava but there are other mentors around.

Elizabeth isn't allowed to have a story or scenes with character that don't involve Franco.  

• Love 9
(edited)
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Pip would march right up to Bensch and in no uncertain terms tell him to knock it off or she'd see he not only got fired from GH, but he'd never WALK again.

Which explains why Pip isn't involved in this story, LOL.

Fixed that for ya!

Edited by TheMediaHo
  • Love 9